Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-13-2011, 10:07 PM   #1
MacroGuru
Coordinator

How to become a Rebel, Coleman style..(NCAA 12, Road To Glory)

Provo, UT - This year, we thought we would take a new spin with one of our local seniors. We figured with the attention that has been placed on high school recruits over the years, we might as well take advantage of this one and help you see what it takes to become a Division I athlete.

Meet Erich Coleman, a 6'1" 215 LB Senior from Timpview High School out of Provo, UT. Erich is a hard working, talented running back and strong safety. He has been to a wide range of camps across the country. He has just recently returned from BYU's junior day and was really impressed, but here is the unique thing he has had the phone calls, but no genuine interest yet.

Up until now, he has flown under the radar lately but rating out coming into the season with an 83 SPARQ rating has the phones ringing more.

He has listed his 3 favorite schools right now as BYU, Utah and Boise State.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 07-18-2011 at 09:29 PM.
MacroGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:39 PM   #2
MacroGuru
Coordinator

High School Week 1 - Union High School

Provo, UT - In a 36 - 14 win for Timpview, Erich Coleman was critical on offense for both teams. He managed to put the ball on the ground twice which led to both of Unions touchdowns. Offensively for Timpview, he racked up 79 yards on 16 carries. He also had 1 reception for 12 yards.

Defensively he was a non factor as Union threw away from his side of the field. He picked up 2 tackles, both of them being big hits.

There were scouts there for him from Utah State, Idaho and New Mexico State looking at him for both positions.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:07 PM   #3
MacroGuru
Coordinator

High School Week 2 - Midvale High School

Provo, UT - A disappointing loss for Timpview as they dropped the game 42-21 to Midvale. It was even more frustrating for Erich Coleman offensively as Timpview didn't rely to much on him in regards to their offense. He had 8 carries for 29 yards and 1 TD while he had 1 reception for 14 yards.

Defensively, he had a decent game with 6 tackles. Midvale managed to attack towards him and exploited him a couple of times for big gains.

Erich is still generating a lot of interest as New Mexico is added to the list of schools looking at him for running back. Idaho is added to his list of choices for HB and New Mexico for SS.

Right now Utah State, New Mexico and Idaho coaches are in love with this kid. There will more than likely be multiple offers coming to him after next weeks game. BYU has taken a wait and see approach with him.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:35 PM   #4
MacroGuru
Coordinator

High School Week 3 - Tremonton High School

Tremonton, UT - A 21-14 win sees Timpview bounce back from their shoddy performance last week. The young man we are following, Erich Coleman had a sub-par performance on the day.

Offensively, he had 12 carries for 50 yards and 1 TD. It also saw his first receptions with a negative gain. Defensively, they kept away from his side of the field but he did pick up 1 tackle, 1 sack and 1 tackle for loss.

The unique thing is the family had a sense of what was coming the next day as they invited me over for dinner and discuss Erich's future with him. He is a smart, energetic and bright kid who wants to be an engineer. Dinner was amazing but the tension throughout the room hung in the air. When the phone rang it was almost startling for the room. Erich spoke with Coach Anderson on the phone and smiled and side I will definitely consider everything. After hanging up he informed us it was official, and Utah State had offered him a scholarship.

The same discussion took place with Idaho and Erich managed to walk away at the end of the weekend with 2 scholarship offers for playing RB. He know is confident and knows football will be paying his way.

He also adds UNLV to his list of colleges for RB and SS. UNLV came in hot and heavy for him at the running back position.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 07-13-2011 at 11:37 PM.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:03 PM   #5
Izulde
Head Coach

Go Fight Win!

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:34 AM   #6
MacroGuru
Coordinator

High School Week 4 - Canyon Rim

Canyon Rim, UT - Erich Coleman isn't to blame for the 15-7 loss to Canyon Rim. His quarterback hasn't been to keen on getting rid of the ball at the right time. Timps QB has managed to throw passes away from the receivers and get sacked.

Erich had another decent game on both sides of the ball. Offensively he had 9 carries for 73 yards and 1 TD. He also managed 1 reception for 20 yards.

Defensively he had 3 Tackles, 2 for loss and 1 Sack.

On Sunday, Erich received another call from Utah State, Coach Anderson informed him he could play offense or defense there, it was Erich's pick. New Mexico also offered a scholarship for him to play SS.

This time a PAC 12 school issued contact, although not a great program there is some tradition there with Colorado. They want Erich to play HB for them.

Arizona State also contacted him for his play at SS.

Erich hasn't had the best of seasons, but he is still generating a great deal of interest throughout the western united states now.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 07-15-2011 at 11:35 AM.
Old 07-15-2011, 12:10 PM   #7
MacroGuru
Coordinator

High School Week 5 - Riverton

Provo, UT - Questionable play calling and a mistake riddled QB caused another loss for Timpview as they dropped 20-17. 4 straight play calls of Four Verticals by the coach in the 4th with a minute left makes me question his sanity.

Erich had a sub par game. Offensively he had 8 carries for 16 yards and a TD. He excelled in receiving this game with 4 receptions for 64 yards.

Defensively he had 4 tackles and that was it. Including being burned for the 1st TD of the game on a 70 yard bomb.

Again, another pivotal Sunday in the Coleman household as he received offers from UNLV and Colorado for the RB position.

Nevada also called showing interest in him playing the HB position there while Wyoming called for the SS spot.

So with 5 weeks over in the season Erich has the following offers:

Colorado - HB
UNLV - HB
Idaho - HB
Utah State - SS/HB
New Mexico - SS

All 2 and 1 star teams. Rumor has it Nevada, Utah and BYU will probably offer after Week 6.
Old 07-15-2011, 06:16 PM   #8
MacroGuru
Coordinator

High School Week 6 - Centerville

Centerville, UT - Erich did not have what one would call a quality game. Timpview dropped this game 10-7. Erich say 7 carries for 8 yards on offense and managed 6 tackles on defense.

From a reporters perspective one has to wonder what game the head coach of Timpview is watching. His playcalling is suspect throughout.

The one positive for Erich came from Nevada calling up and offering him a scholarship to play HB for them. Bringing in his first 3 star team.

Air Force contacted him to find out his interest for playing HB for them while Arizona called up about SS.
Old 07-15-2011, 06:45 PM   #9
MacroGuru
Coordinator

High School Week 7 - Nephi

Provo, UT - With it looking like Timpview is out of the state playoffs they welcome Nephi into their stadium.

Erich looked the dominant running back he could be if he is only given the chance. Timpviews coach gave him that chance today in the 23-17 win over Nephi.

Erich had 18 carries for 106 yards and 2 receptions for 31 yards. Defensively it was a 3 tackle game and a blown coverage to give them a TD.

Air Force solidified their desire for Erich on Sunday with a phone call offering a scholarship to him to play running back. UNLV also called and gave him the opportunity to play SS for them as well.

To round out the offers was Wyoming calling for a SS spot on their team. Meanwhile, Washington contacted him to play RB for them while Colorado State was asking about his desire for SS.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:54 PM   #10
MacroGuru
Coordinator

High School Week 8 - Cottonwood High School

Cottonwood, UT - Timpviews offense is anemic and the defense is prone to give up big plays. However, Erich played probably his best defensive game this season.

His defensive stats were 6 tackles, 2 tackles for loss, 2 sacks and 1 fumble recovery. The coach finally sent him into the backfield and he was disruptive.

Offensively, the coach didn't have him out on the field that much past the 2nd qtr. He had 6 carries for 24 yards and 1 TD. He also had 3 receptions for 13 yards.

It was also Erich's most exciting weekend this season as he received offers from BYU, Utah and Washington to play HB for them. BYU and Utah also offered him for the SS spot as well as ASU, Arizona and Colorado State.

That wasn't all, the pinnacle came when Oklahoma called and said they were interested in him playing running back for them. California also called for the SS spot.

Going into Week 9 the offers are as follows

HB
BYU
Utah
Washington
Air Force
Nevada
Colorado
UNLV
Idaho
Utah State

SS
BYU
Utah
ASU
Cal
Arizona
Colorado State
Wyoming
UNLV
New Mexico
Utah State

After talking with him, he will more than likely take the running back route into college, but he is going to listen to everyone.

Old 07-15-2011, 08:34 PM   #11
Izulde
Head Coach

So you play two football and an entire high school and get offers on both sides of the ball? That's so freaking awesome! Wish my copy of 12 would get here now.

Old 07-15-2011, 08:40 PM   #12
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
So you play two football and an entire high school and get offers on both sides of the ball? That's so freaking awesome! Wish my copy of 12 would get here now.

Yeah, you have the option of playing ironman ball. I think it can be somewhat of a hindrance. Erich is a Balanced RB and a hard hitting SS. I think he wears out to fast, so he isn't getting the vast amounts of PT a starter would have.

But I love the entire High School season (And playoffs if you make it) and multiple offers coming in.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:02 PM   #13
Izulde
Head Coach

Yeah my high school played (s?) two-way football with a lot of guys. Like when I played on the freshman team, I played HB and CB.

Old 07-15-2011, 10:19 PM   #14
MacroGuru
Coordinator

High School Week 9 - Alta High School

Provo, UT - The Timpview coach lost his team this season and you could see it when the play calls would come in. The offense was taking plays off and Erich was getting murdered out there. The lost to Alta 31-24. The offense did manage to get into synch but you could tell their heart wasn't into it.

Erich had 11 carries for 24 yards and 1 TD. He also had 2 receptions for 33 yards. As for the defensive side of the ball he had 4 tackles.

Boise State did call and offer Erich a scholarship to play running back for them while Cal called and offered one for the SS spot.

Another big time school called and was talking interest to Erich about him playing running back for them, the school was Texas. Oklahoma State also called and asked him about the SS spot.

Well, Timpview, even with a losing record made it into the playoffs, although they play a 9-0 Fruit Heights team.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:52 PM   #15
MacroGuru
Coordinator

High School Playoffs Round 1 - Fruit Heights

Salt Lake City, UT - Timpview came out to start the game with some attitude and Erich Coleman was the spearhead of that with some hard hitting efforts on both sides of the ball.

As was the pundits pick throughout the week, the game lived up to it with Fruit Heights taking the win 38-35. Fruit Heights didn't secure the spot until 30 seconds left in the game where they were able to take the knee deep in their own territory to burn the clock.

Erich had a somewhat decent day with 13 carries for 43 yards and a TD, plus 1 reception for 11 yards and a TD.

Defensively was a solid performance with 7 tackles and 1 Forced Fumble which set the tone for the entire game.

Boise State and Oklahoma State both offered Erich scholarships for the SS spot. Oregon is interested in Erich at the HB position as well while USC is interested in him as a SS.

Erich also finished the season ranked 147/150 for the ESPNU Top 150.

As we move towards signing day, lets look at the offers and who they are from.

HB
Boise State
BYU
Utah
Washington
Air Force
Nevada
Colorado
UNLV
Idaho
Utah State

SS
Boise State
Oklahoma State
BYU
Utah
Arizona State
Cal
Arizona
Colorado State
Wyoming
UNLV
New Mexico
Utah State
Old 07-15-2011, 11:10 PM   #16
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Signing Day

Provo, Utah - As signing day is here and we are sitting with Erich Coleman and his family, let's take a peak at the schools offering and where Erich would fit within their scheme.

HB

Boise State - 5 * - 4th String
BYU - 4* - 3rd String
Utah - 4* - 3rd String
Washington - 4* - 4th String
Air Force - 3* - 3rd String
Nevada - 3* - 3rd String
Colorado - 2* - 3rd String
UNLV - 2* - 1st String
Idaho - 1* - 2nd String
Utah State - 1* - 2nd String

SS
Boise State - 5* - 2nd String
Oklahoma State - 4* - 2nd String
BYU - 4 * - 1st String
Utah - 4* - 2nd String
Arizona State - 3* - 1st String
Cal - 3* - 1st String
Arizona - 3* - 1st String
Colorado State - 2* - 1st String
Wyoming - 2* - 1st String
UNLV - 2* - 1st String
New Mexico - 1* - 1st String
Utah State - 1* - 1st String

Sitting with Erich and his family earlier this week, we did know that he wanted to play the HB position in college, he wanted an opportunity to show his talent as a freshman and he was looking at staying close to home.

Right now the teams that fit that criteria for him are

Obviously he like BYU, Utah and Boise State but those schools have buried him on the depth chart as a running back. He can roll into those schools as a SS but he really feels drawn to the running back spot.

As Erich enters the Thunderbird library where the press conference is taking place on the table you see four hats, Utah, BYU, Utah State and Idaho.

Erich takes his seat and addresses the press.

"I would like to thank you all for being here today, a day in which I have been given the opportunity to play football at the next level. As many of you have followed my exploits through the Daily Herald, you have known that I have had a lot of teams, some prestigious and some not, contact me. I have been offered scholarships and the opportunity to play SS or HB at the next level. You do know that RB has been a dream of mine. I have narrowed my choices down and I am going to make my announcement now."

Erich sits and stares at the hats for a few minutes and reaches across the table towards the BYU hat, knocking the Utah State to the ground, he bends over and picks up the hat and places it on his head. However, the hat he has on his head isn't one of the four. It's a new hat!

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I am going to take my talents down to Sin City...I am a Running Reb. Coach has informed me that my number 20 is not available so I will take the number 22"

Last edited by MacroGuru : 07-15-2011 at 11:15 PM.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:21 PM   #17
Izulde
Head Coach

Old 07-15-2011, 11:39 PM   #18
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2011 Week 1 - @ #11 Wisconsin

Hey everyone, it's Erich here. I have been asked to cover my season and career @ UNLV for you.

To start off, getting used to campus life has been pretty hectic. Entering camp left me bright eyed and wondering what I got myself into.

We head into week 1 against #11 ranked Wisconsin. I have never seen a stadium this sized or with this many people in it from the field level. It is daunting.

My first ever play from the line of scrimmage was a speed option and the QB kept it as Wisconsin knocked our lineman back.

My first ever carry was on our 2nd series where I picked up 4 yards.

I took a helmet off the thigh at the end of the first that gave me a severe dead leg, the trainers kept me off the field until the 3rd qtr.

That is where I had my first fumble recovery. It was another speed option, QB tosses it to me and it is knocked down by the Wisconsin defender. I scoop it up and scamper 40 yards with it. To bad it didn't add to my rushing stats.

We were destroyed by Wisconsin 37 - 7.

Nerves were a definite issue for me this game.

9 carries
13 yards
1 reception
5 yards
Old 07-16-2011, 12:13 AM   #19
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2011 Week 2 - @ Washington State

Ok, the cobwebs, excitement and newness of this all has been knocked out of me. I disappointed a lot of people last week. Time to make it up.

I am just going to tell you the plays I am involved in

1st Series

HB Sweep Right - 11 yard gain
HB Dive - 5 yard gain
HB Mid Draw - 1 yard loss
PA QB Choice - 1 yard gain
HB Iso - 2 yard gain

At this point, I strained my pec and was out for the remainder of the qtr.

My 2nd series wasn't until 1:32 left in the 2nd quarter.

Zone Weak - 3rd and 1, 5 yard gain
HB Slip Screen - Incomplete

3rd Series

HB Dive - 2 yard gain

Halftime Break WSU 9 UNLV 3

4th Series

HB Dive - 6 yard gain
Four Verticals - 14 yard reception
Slants - QB threw it to me behind the line of scrimmage and I was crushed, I didn't even get a chance to touch the ball, which turned it into a live ball fumble. They took it to the house.

5th Series

HB Plunge - 3 yard gain

6th Series

Zone Weak - 1 yard loss

7th Series

HB Counter - 7 yard gain
HB Power O - Fumbled - Gang tackle and strip on me

8th Series

Zone Weak - 12 yard gain
HB Dive - 1 yard gain
WR Motion Option - 1 yard loss

9th Series

HB Slip Screen - 4 yard loss

10th Series

FL Dig - 40 yard Reception - Holding Penalty brings it back

We ended the game in another loss.

Washington State 35 UNLV 28

We are a young team and we are mistake prone. That is what happened this game. I made several of them.

15 carries
52 yards
2 receptions
9 yards
1 tackle

I have yet to reach the end zone and I have had 2 nagging injuries.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:01 AM   #20
BYU 14
Coordinator

This is great Macro, but I threw up in my mouth a little when you spurned the Cougs

As much as it pains me, good luck as a Rebel.....
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 02:42 PM   #21
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
This is great Macro, but I threw up in my mouth a little when you spurned the Cougs

As much as it pains me, good luck as a Rebel.....

Well, when I created the character, I had made those decisions at the beginning..He was going to be a RB, he was going to have an opportunity to play as a freshman immediately (1st or 2nd String) and it was going to be close to home.

BYU had him as 4th string and knowing the roster depth they have at RB, It didn't fit the bill. Trust me, I fought with accepting being a Rebel.

My 11 yr old is playing a BYU RTG dynasty right now....
Old 07-16-2011, 04:58 PM   #22
Izulde
Head Coach

It could be worse. It could've been with the Utes.

Old 07-16-2011, 05:06 PM   #23
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2011 Week 3 - Hawaii

I know we are young and have a new coach. This team is definitely crazy enough to believe they can win. We just need that win to prove it.

1st Series

We returned the opening kickoff 101 yards for a TD. So I don't touch the field until 3:34 minutes left in the first quarter.

HB Sweep - 2 Yard Loss
HB Zone Weak - 14 yard gain

We ended up fumbling this series and turning the ball over

2nd Series

Zone Weak - 1 yard gain
Read Option - 1 yard loss
Zone Weak - 3 yard gain

We are now into the 2nd qtr

HB Power O - 1 yard loss
HB Draw - 23 yard gain
HB Dive - 5 yard gain
HB Sprint - No Gain
PA Bubble - Incomplete

12 plays in the series and I was involved with 8 of them. We missed the 25 yard FG.

3rd Series

HB Dive - 12 Yard Gain
Four Verticals - 12 Yard Gain
HB Mid Draw - 1 yard loss

We end up punting this series

4th Series

HB Counter - 6 yard gain
Four Verticals - Intercepted

The QB watched me the entire time and the LB jumped on him.

5th series
10 seconds left in the half.

Zone Weak - 10 yard gain

End of Half
Hawaii 21 UNLV 7

6th Series

Curl Flat Corner - incomplete

7th Series

HB Mid Draw - 44 yard TD!

What an amazing feeling scoring your first ever college TD and to do it at a home game in front of my family was pretty special..

8th Series

HB Slip Screen - incomplete
HB Mid Draw - 3 yard loss

9th series

H Zone Wk - 6 yard gain
Speed Option - 3 yard loss

I don't know why the QB didn't audible out of the option, but we end up punting

10th Series

HB Slip Screen - incomplete
Motion WR Option - No Gain

We turnover on downs

11th series

Curl Flat - 6 yard gain
HB Base - 1 yard gain
HB Lead - 4 yard gain

I took a helmet on the knee and I am done for the rest of the series

12th series

I wasn't involved on a ton of play other than blocking, but we did end up scoring on this series.

Game Over

Hawaii 35 UNLV 21

Not bad, I think we proved that we can play and hang. Our offense can work if everyone gels well. I had a solid game and racked up my 1st 100 yard game.

20 carries
120 yards rushing
1 TD
2 receptions
20 yards

I am getting used to college and campus life now.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:36 PM   #24
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2011 Week 4 - Weber State (FCS West)

Honestly, I was scared entering this game. The way we played in the previous week has managed to make us gun shy.

Coming out of the gates a 10 yard gain in the first series sets a tone but then, I only touch the ball once.

2nd series I get a 26 yard reception and that is it. Coach decides to lean on me in the 3rd series seeing 3, 23, 13 (reception) and 14 yard gains with the last one being for a TD.

The 4th series I rack up a 6 and 1 yard gain. 5th series coach leans on me again and I go with a 5, 9 (reception), 13 (reception) and a 1 yard TD.

We ended the first half up 26 - 0 and I knew this was going to be the blowout it had become.

The 6th series saw a screen for a 1 yard loss to. 7th series, 8th and 9th series I didn't touch the ball.

We ended up winning the game 39 - 0.

My stats

12 carries
66 yards
2 TDs

5 receptions
65 yards
Old 07-18-2011, 09:37 PM   #25
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2011 Week 5 - BYE

Week 5 was a BYE and the team is starting to look at me like I am a veteran. I have definitely secured the starting spot and I have no hint of losing it.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:43 PM   #26
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2011 Week 6 - #16 Nevada

A ranked opponent and a rival at that. I did not know how heated this game was. It was close to the Holy War I grew up watching in Utah. Nevada has tough defense and their offense isn't half bad either.

I don't know if coach was scared to run the ball or Clark our QB was scared to pass it to me, but the first 2 series I was involved in 2 plays, one for no gain and the other was a 1 yard reception.

3rd series saw me churning a little bit as the first play I was stopped for a 1 yard loss, then I gained 3 yards, took a helmet off the thumb and broke it. I sat for a few plays as they taped it up and went out and gained 7 and 18 yards. We ended up scoring as QB Clark through it into the end zone.

We went in at the half down 24 - 7.

It just ended up nasty in the 2nd half. I touched the ball 2 times, and on the 2nd I took a shot, hurting my knee and fumbling the ball in the process. The fumble was returned for a TD.

We ended up losing the game 45 - 10 and the trainer said there is some bruising but I should be fine by next week.

6 carries
30 yards

2 receptions
0 yards

Last edited by MacroGuru : 07-18-2011 at 09:48 PM.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:48 PM   #27
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2011 Week 7 - @ Wyoming

Laramie is a nasty and scary place to play at. I was honestly scared to be on the sidelines. I thought they were going to rush the field and beat us down.

1st series saw me drop a ball and gain 5 yards and on the 2nd, I wasn't involved in. 3rd series was a 7 yard gain and then a screen for a loss of 5.

4th series was a 2 yard loss. 5th series saw us march down the field and coach call my number to pound it home. 2 yard gain for a TD.

We end the half up 14-0.

6th series I have a 27 yard reception setting up a FG. 7th and 8th series sees 2 plays.

9th series coach leans on me to run the clock and I manage 0, 4, 30, 3 and 6 yard gains setting up another TD for our offense.

We end the game with a 24 - 14 win.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:50 PM   #28
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2011 Week 8 - BYE

Week 8 sees me begging our OC for more time and chances. I have found out Clark is calling some of his own shots in the huddle that is hurting us. Coach just can't prove it. I wouldn't mind if we were winning.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:55 PM   #29
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2011 Week 9 - Colorado State

A tough defensive team coming into our place.

1st series I am stuffed 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage and tweak my back. I don't think I was ready for the brutality of the college game. This injury takes me out for the 2nd series.

3rd series I get 3, 4 and 8 yards. Clark then throws for me, I was wide open but it was short and picked for 6.

4th series sees a 10 yard reception with the 5th, the coach leans on me a bit as I move us down the field with a 3, 14, 9, 2 and 3 yard gain. We ended up kicking a FG here.

6th series was a 7 yard gain followed up with a 2 yard loss. 7th series was a 5 yard gain.

I didn't participate in the 8th but the 9th series was 6 (reception), 13 (reception), 6 (reception) and a 10 yard game. Set us up for a TD and then we miss the extra point.

We were unable to recover the onsides kick and the game ends with us losing at home, 17 - 9.

15 carries
58 yards

4 carries
38 yards.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:11 PM   #30
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2011 Week 10 - #4 Boise State

I haven't been more pumped in my life. This team shunned me a bit until the end of my senior year. I want to show them what they were missing out on.

Plus, they are kind of the golden child right now in college football.

1st series was a 1 yard run. 2nd series I hit the home run, a 80 yard run down the sideline for a TD! Man I dropped right at the end as I was wore out.

3rd series was a 4 yard gain. 4th series was an 8 yard loss as they sniffed out the sweep followed up by a 37 yard reception that set us up for another TD. 5th series was a 5 yard loss and the 6th series was a 3 yard loss.

We go into the half down 17-14, and coach informs me they are keying on me.

7th series I break an 18 yard run and turn around and catch a little flare pass and scamper in for an 18 yard TD.

8th series is an 8 yard and 2 yard gain. 9th series is a 2 and 9 yard gain while I lose 5 and 3 yards on the 10th.

This game came down to the wire and we barely drop it 31-28, we missed the game tying FG at the end.

I had probably a breakout game as people took notice and I was informed that my 80 yard TD run was an NCAA record for regular season, I don't know if this is true, but everyone seems to think so.

10 carries
78 yards
1 TD

5 receptions
79 yards
1 TD