Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-08-2006, 04:57 PM   #2051
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack
It was also in the game's first million pages, which I read after accepting the role, but didn't read exhaustively.

It predated my participation, and had I seen it sooner, I would have responded sooner.

'Astute,' though. My WW track record is an absymal one - my one win basically rode hoopsguy's strategy until the endgame, when the play became obvious. I think if I were an 'astute' player, my track record would be much better.
I don't blame you for missing it the first time reading the thread. I just wonder, once directed to read it, if a person of good intellegence, which I think you are, couldn't pick it up.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 06-08-2006 at 04:58 PM.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 05:00 PM   #2052
Tyrith
College Starter

I definately think that Sack is the wizard, but I understand why I'm probably going down. But the way he reacted at first about being a vanilla wolf, even though the discussion of the original vanilla group was still on going seemed EXTREMELY suspicious at the time, and given time to try to cover it up, most bad guys can pull off something.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 05:05 PM   #2053
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
I don't blame you for missing it the first time reading the thread. I just wonder, once directed to read it, if a person of good intellegence, which I think you are, couldn't pick it up.

I appreciate the odd vote of confidence.

I would say, though, if you're worried that it was open enough for somebody who's joined in mid-game to pick up on, why didn't the humans we've lynched, who were in the game from the word 'go,' pick up on it or do anything about it?
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 05:08 PM   #2054
SackAttack
Head Coach

Body shop called, said the stuff we found wrong with my car when I went to pick it up yesterday has been fixed.

I'll be back well before deadline.
Old 06-08-2006, 05:11 PM   #2055
Schmidty
Coordinator

I want to see what happens discussion-wise between saldana, Barkeep, Tyrith and Sack before I make a final vote.

For now:

Unvote Tyrith
Old 06-08-2006, 05:12 PM   #2056
hoopsguy
General Manager

Unfortunately, we don't have the ability to ask them that question. But it seems like both AlanT and Anxiety created their own role reveals rather than try to leech onto another role reveal that was (at least early on) not clearly held by multiple parties.

Will fire off a vote when I get home, but here is a quick trust list:
1. Schmidty - guarded him
2. Lathum - if Schmidty is trusted, and not the alpha, then it stands to reason someone is. No one else claimed it or contested Lathum's claim
3. Saldana - a re-read of the thread elevates him up the list higher than I had him earlier
4. Barkeep - still pretty solid trust level here, initiating conversation with Saldana about roles helped along with non-henchman vouch by Cronin (I think we are only down to wizard, but I'm not 100% sure)
5. Sack/Tyrith - still need to work through these two guys tonight to determine where my vote is headed.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 05:18 PM   #2057
Tyrith
College Starter

There is a case to be made for it being highly unlikely that four out of the eight good guys surviving the first three days being vanilla, especially considering the only reveal to that points were hoops and half of cronin's bonkers role.
Old 06-08-2006, 05:21 PM   #2058
Tyrith
College Starter

I don't see a scenario where we have multiple bad guys left. Barkeep would have to have deceived two different good players with his code or he would have to been extremely gutsy by coming up with a fake code and having people play along. That, or the one bad guy attacking another scenario, but seeing that schmidty was a highly unlikely guard target last night that just doesn't make sense at all.
Old 06-08-2006, 05:29 PM   #2059
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
I am never going to live that "brilliant" thing down, am I.

Damnit, I want to run another game to redeem myself.

i havent forgotten (i peed in those beer bottles)
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 05:38 PM   #2060
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith
I don't see a scenario where we have multiple bad guys left. Barkeep would have to have deceived two different good players with his code or he would have to been extremely gutsy by coming up with a fake code and having people play along. That, or the one bad guy attacking another scenario, but seeing that schmidty was a highly unlikely guard target last night that just doesn't make sense at all.

i disagree, schmidty was a perfect target last night...we argued all day about whether or not cronin was the alpha, and suspicion fell to schmidty when he didnt step up and take over. this meant one of two things. the alpha is still alive, which he is if we believe lathum. or, cronin was the alpha, but the beta doesnt inherit the powers of the alpha immediately, kind of like the Student of Magic mechanic from harry potter. if you believed the latter of the two choices, it would make perfect sense to kill the beta before he was promoted.

basically this game has come down to 5 trusted people vs 2 untrusted people, so here is how i see things from this point. we lynch tyrith tonight, if he is the wizard, we win. if he is a wolf, we lose a wolf during the night phase, unless hoops does well again, but should still be up 4 to 1 (wolves v wizard), and then we kill sack tomorrow. either way, unless there are more than one human left, we should be able to win this.

vote tyrith
Old 06-08-2006, 05:43 PM   #2061
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
i havent forgotten (i peed in those beer bottles)

Sir, your piss is like sweetest honey has ever been sipped.
Old 06-08-2006, 05:48 PM   #2062
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
Sir, your piss is like sweetest honey has ever been sipped.

you should look around your area, Mephistopheles is from Boulder, Co, and is very widely distributed, but is a limited production beer, still, you could still be able to find some, and with your new job, you need to start living the good life (beerwise)
Old 06-08-2006, 05:50 PM   #2063
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
you should look around your area, Mephistopheles is from Boulder, Co, and is very widely distributed, but is a limited production beer, still, you could still be able to find some, and with your new job, you need to start living the good life (beerwise)

dola, try here:

http://www.ratebeer.com/Place/washin...hoppe/3830.htm
Old 06-08-2006, 06:35 PM   #2064
SackAttack
Head Coach

Back from picking up my mechanical baby, and in for the evening.
Old 06-08-2006, 06:40 PM   #2065
saldana
Pro Starter

hoops, BK, i see you are both here, any thoughts on post 2060
Old 06-08-2006, 06:47 PM   #2066
Barkeep49
Coordinator

So it looks like Lathum is out for the evening. That is disappoitning. Anyone have a vote count handy?
Old 06-08-2006, 06:50 PM   #2067
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Frankly I think Schmidty was a weird target. However, I'm not opposed to lynching Tyrith tonight. I just don't view Lathum as cleared by any stetch of the imagination. I am bothered, however, by the idea that Lathum is telling the truth. In which case are we even going to be able to Lynch today? What happens if he has to kill the wizard in some special way and we attempt to lynch the wizard? Does that end the game by the wizard fleeing? Will it back fire upon us? I feel like we're missing a lot of important information here if Lathum is telling the truth. And if he's not telling the truth all the more I wish we could have answers as the more talking the more likely someone will catch onto something they know can't be right.
Old 06-08-2006, 06:51 PM   #2068
hoopsguy
General Manager

Current vote count, as of Post #2066:

Tyrith - Lathum (2018), Saldana (2060)
Sack - Tyrith (2038)
Old 06-08-2006, 06:54 PM   #2069
hoopsguy
General Manager

Oh, I never revealed who I guarded on Night 5 - it was Lathum. Everyone now knows that I guarded Schmidty on Night 6.

I'm still paranoid that there are a pair of bad guys out there - I don't see how we gain from assuming there is only one so I would rather prepare for the worst and hope for the best.
Old 06-08-2006, 06:58 PM   #2070
hoopsguy
General Manager

With that idea in mind, I think that the smart play is to go for Tyrith who (perhaps through no fault of his own) does not have anyone who can vouch for him as non-wizard/henchman. At least we know that Sack is not a wizard.

Another strategy could be to force a tie between those two - splitting up the Barkeep/Saldana votes just in case they have some extra importance tonight - and seeing if the wizard or a henchman is in the mix.

If they are, do they have the stones to play coin flip on hiding their identity or will they just exercise their tie-breaker ability outright? I'm interested in getting thoughts from people on this play. If we aren't playing for a tie, then I think it ends up being Tyrith for my vote.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:01 PM   #2071
Barkeep49
Coordinator

A tie between who? Sack and Tyrith or Lathum and Tyrith?
Old 06-08-2006, 07:04 PM   #2072
hoopsguy
General Manager

1.) Do we think that Anxiety would have cast his final vote for a fellow human (he moved it from me to Tyrith at the end)?
2.) If AE was the wizard (Sack took over his role), would he have cast the deciding vote on mckerney instead of me?

If it isn't either of these guys then Barkeep would probably be next on my list. But he would have needed to put a rope-a-dope on Saldana or else they would have had to conspire together and play pretty aggressively against both Anxiety and AlanT. These theories feel like reaches at the moment ...
Old 06-08-2006, 07:05 PM   #2073
hoopsguy
General Manager

Barkeep, I'm believing Lathum as an extension of complete trust in Schmidty and the fact that no one else has taken the bait on the alpha role up until now.

So Tyrith and Sack.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:05 PM   #2074
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
A tie between who? Sack and Tyrith or Lathum and Tyrith?

I think he means between me and Tyrith.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:09 PM   #2075
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Barkeep, I'm believing Lathum as an extension of complete trust in Schmidty and the fact that no one else has taken the bait on the alpha role up until now.

So Tyrith and Sack.
But even if we believe Schmidty, and I do, why does that clear Lathum? Who says that our "Lawgiver" isn't another "Dreamweaver"?
Old 06-08-2006, 07:10 PM   #2076
hoopsguy
General Manager

Barkeep, if you believe Schmidty he would inherit the role of the alpha. He has reiterated today that has not happened. Which, as he understands it, implies that the alpha role is still alive.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:10 PM   #2077
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ok so I guess Tyrith is the higher percentage play. And I'm not unhappy about doing it, beyond the idea that if we are right this could have some nasty consequences. But better to be right.

Vote Tyrith
Old 06-08-2006, 07:10 PM   #2078
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Barkeep, if you believe Schmidty he would inherit the role of the alpha. He has reiterated today that has not happened. Which, as he understands it, implies that the alpha role is still alive.
Ok that's logic I can buy.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:11 PM   #2079
Tyrith
College Starter

I was thinking about this earlier. I think we go for the tie, because in order for the wizard to tiebreak he has to reveal. Keeping it close towards the end is more likely to provide information than a blowout, which tends to get people to clam up.

Remember, the only remaining people that can be henchmen are me, lathum, schmidty, and saldana. Two bad guys left just seems incredibly unlikely.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:11 PM   #2080
hoopsguy
General Manager

Dola - would inherit the role of the alpha if the alpha passed. Cronin died on Night 5, we are into Day 7. If Schmidty had assumed the role of alpha, then he would have been all over Lathum upon his reveal today.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:12 PM   #2081
Tyrith
College Starter

At this point I've almost made it so you have to kill me just to figure out if I believe all this crap I've been saying or not
Old 06-08-2006, 07:13 PM   #2082
hoopsguy
General Manager

Tyrith, the downside is that keeping it close gives the human(s) more room to move the vote to their advantage. Which may not be a good thing if we are still facing two foes.

I hope we are down to one, but I don't like making that assumption because there is no basis for it from any in-game info I have heard.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:13 PM   #2083
Tyrith
College Starter

OOC - This is somewhat embarassing, but seeing that I was just a lurker up until WW bit me in the ass, I'm still not really sure on what the dola means and when precisely it is used. If someone could fill me in, I'd appreciate it.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:14 PM   #2084
hoopsguy
General Manager

Try to slip in a dola, one minute apart, and there are three posts in the middle.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:15 PM   #2085
Tyrith
College Starter

Yeah, I can understand that too. It's really not a bad play just to finally put me out of my misery.

I find it rather ironic that in my first two WW games I lived through the entire game (six days) and up until day seven. Especially considering the different circumstances; one game getting two throw away votes total, and this game being number two on the block for three days in a row until now. It's been a real rollercoaster, that's for sure.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:17 PM   #2086
Tyrith
College Starter

Correction, I took three throw away votes in WW 26.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:20 PM   #2087
hoopsguy
General Manager

Tyrith, here you go:
http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...highlight=dola
Old 06-08-2006, 07:25 PM   #2088
hoopsguy
General Manager

VOTE SACKATTACK

Not sure if it stays here, but I don't risk Tyrith changing the race with his vote if I put it here. 3-2 Tyrith after this, with Sack and Schmidty still to vote (or abstain).
Old 06-08-2006, 07:30 PM   #2089
SackAttack
Head Coach

Vote Tyrith

Schmidty's random drunkenness or whatever it's been at the deadline the last couple of nights scares me. If somebody who's already voted wants to change their minds and abstain for the tie play later, whatever, but I'd rather take my chances with the Law than have the wolves get hurt by a deadline Schmidty vote.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:32 PM   #2090
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

The Law Has been set, 1 hour 30 minutes to go.

(the Law is: Increase SackAttack's paranoia by any means necessary)
Old 06-08-2006, 07:32 PM   #2091
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah, I can understand that too. It's really not a bad play just to finally put me out of my misery.

I find it rather ironic that in my first two WW games I lived through the entire game (six days) and up until day seven. Especially considering the different circumstances; one game getting two throw away votes total, and this game being number two on the block for three days in a row until now. It's been a real rollercoaster, that's for sure.

Heh I am just the opposite. My First WW game, our Seer (neon_chaos) had managed to out two bad guys the very first two days (a feat I have never seen before). And I personally felt it got to his head a bit and he went crazy about it. so i argued strongly with him that he needed to reign it back in. By the end of day 3, he was so sure that I was bad and anyone who voted with me was bad that it was painful to watch lol.. I got lynched by my own side as the first villager lynched that game

Ever since, I tend to almost always go early, I think its because I tend to be active in the games. Both when I have been good and bad, I always seem to be an early target for people. But I doubt i will ever change my playing style. I love being active in these games when I can. they are alot of fun for me.

This was my first game I actually lived past day 3.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 07:33 PM   #2092
Tyrith
College Starter

No more law, we're playing straight up again, Sack.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:34 PM   #2093
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No more law, we're playing straight up again, Sack.

Shhh! Don't tell him that
Old 06-08-2006, 07:34 PM   #2094
SackAttack
Head Coach

Fozzie, you do realize I still have your address, right?
Old 06-08-2006, 07:35 PM   #2095
saldana
Pro Starter

i wonder if the voting rules are static again tonight? all this discussion could be moot like yesterday if we get "first vote cast" or "last vote cast"
Old 06-08-2006, 07:36 PM   #2096
hoopsguy
General Manager

Alan, one of these games we will end up playing on the same side - this is now four or five straight being opponents. I think it will be fun when that time comes, although I'm just about at the point now where you are the automatic 1st day vote for me
Old 06-08-2006, 07:36 PM   #2097
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack
Fozzie, you do realize I still have your address, right?

*cackles evilly*
Old 06-08-2006, 07:37 PM   #2098
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
i wonder if the voting rules are static again tonight? all this discussion could be moot like yesterday if we get "first vote cast" or "last vote cast"
dola, never mind...thats what i get for not refreshing enough
Old 06-08-2006, 07:37 PM   #2099
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
*cackles evilly*

I'm just sayin'...onna dese days, Fozz.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:38 PM   #2100
hoopsguy
General Manager

Post #1984 by SirFozz:
Quote:
As he dies, he shifts to human form, and a white flash from his body covers the village. A sense of equillibrium has been restored,