Old 08-25-2011, 09:39 PM   #51
BYU 14
Coordinator

10/16/2010 (BSS)Home to Havant & W 5-4-1Dry 51 Degrees - Att: 245
GK - O'BrienDC - Diagne / CoxDL/R - Clare / M.Jones
DMC - OrwubikoAMC - ShultonAML/R - Brady / Barnes
ST - Whitwell / Hopkinson
MinuteFirst HalfScore
23rdWalker knocks a lovely ball for Talbott, Nathan Talbott comes forward, takes his chance and buries it for Havant & Waterloo 0-1
28thThings get chippy as we put some pressure on the H&W defense, Theo Angus blocks Matt Barnes and Barnes yanks his shirt drawing the yellow.
34thShulton sends in a hanging ball from the corner, Matt Jones climbs above Woodford and heads it past the keeper for the equalizer!1-1
45thIgoe tries to build a last minute attack for H&W and is upended by Matt Jones as he enters our third of the pitch, causing Jones to be booked.
Second Half
48thWes Fogden penetrates the defense and floats it to Tiryaki, Diagne rises to meet the ball and both go down. H&W's cries for a penalty are ignored.
51stRight winger Matt Barnes has not had a stellar outing and is brought off for Campbell.
75thScott Shulton moves to left wing and Rubbins comes on for Brady and will play the AMC spot.
81stTim Hopkinson jinks past Ruby, creates space and moves in on goal driving it by the keeper, garnering the potential winner in his return!2-1
83rdMustafa Tiryaki comes forward uncontested and gets to the byline, crossing it to the near post for Igoe who knocks it past O'Brien, level again.2-2
Final: Bishop's Stortford 2 - Havant & Waterloo 2MOM: Matt Jones (Bishop's Stortford) 7.8
Possession: Bishop's Stortford 51% to 49%Shots: Havant & Waterloo 12-2
Goals (Bishop's): M. Jones 34', Hopkinson 81'
Goals (Havant & Waterloo): Talbott 23', Igoe 83'

I would love to say our attack was re-energized with the return of our top attacking tandem, but truth is we got lucky to draw, though Hopkinson's goal was well crafted. I will still take the draw against H&W who were favored to win and I am happy that our possesion continues to improve. Now we just need to generate more chances, which I think will come as Hopkinson gets back into the groove, as he is far and away our most explosive player and well suited for the poacher role in my tactic. Hopefully this match starts our turnaround, as I may not be long for a job otherwise.

BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 09:08 AM   #52
BYU 14
Coordinator

10/23/2010 (BSS)Away to Welling 2-4-5Dry 55 Degrees - Att: 381
GK - O'BrienDC - Cox / DiagneDL/R - Palmer / M.Jones
DMC - MartinsAMC - ShultonAML/R - Brady / Barnes
MinuteFirst HalfScore
4thScott Shulton takes the ball forward and passes to Brady who gets into space and shoots, Bon makes the save for Welling.
28thPires down the flank for welling, to the byline, he delivers the ball into the box and puts it on target as O'Brien goes up to parry it away.
42ndMartins passes it forward to Shulton in the box and Sambrook goes in hard drawing the Penalty! Shulton steps up and puts it away top corner!!1-0
43rdLoick Pires leads the welling attack and puts it to the far post, Parkinson heads it to Cumbers, wide open goal and he misses the target…
Second Half
52ndPugh finds Wells down the middle, Wells approaches the area and uncorks a ferocious long range shot that smashes against the cross bar.
61stShulton and Martins advance the Bishop's attack and get it forward to Whitwell who fires a rocket from 20 yards that is just over the bar.
62ndShulton goes to left winger and Rubbins comes on at AMC for Brady, Martins is also off and replaced by Orwubiko at DMC.
75thMatthew Wells plays a long ball forward to Luis Cumbers who jukes Orwubiko and launches a shot far post that O'Brien is able to smother.
80thWelling attacks with Cumber placing a cross in for Healey. Diagne outjumps him, but the ball falls to Pugh, a diving header on net, O'Brien with the save.
Final: Bishop's Stortford 1 - Welling 0MOM: Scott Shulton (Bishop's Stortford) 7.3
Possession: Welling 52% to 48%Shots: Welling 15-8
Goals (Bishop's): Shulton (Pen) 42'
Goals (Welling): None

At last we are back in the win column as O'Brien gets the clean sheet and has earned another start with his performance in the nets. Still conceding too many shots, but most were not of good quality. Hopkinson was quiet this game but Shulton makes up for it with some inspired midfield play, despite the fact that he hates me.

Captain Matt Jones DR was named to the BSS team of the week off his performance against Havant & Waterloo and our first team is now completely healthy. Lets see if we can get some chemistry developed now.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:14 PM   #53
Izulde
Head Coach

Huge win for you there. Hopefully that'll keep the board off your back.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 02:46 PM   #54
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Huge win for you there. Hopefully that'll keep the board off your back.

It helped, but my status is still insecure. O'Brien is looking good in the nets, hopefully he can sustain that while the offense gets untracked.
Old 08-28-2011, 12:51 PM   #55
BYU 14
Coordinator

10/30/2010 (BSS)home to Dover 6-4-2Gusty 58 Degrees - Att: 284
DMC - MartinsAMC - ShultonAML/R - Brady / Campbell
MinuteFirst HalfScore
11thTim Hopkinson tries to work his way through the Dover defense and tumbles to the pitch just inside the box. He is given a yellow card for diving.
16thDover's Adam Birchall pounces on a loose ball 15 yards out and volleys it towards the goal, but O'Brien is able to push it away.
23rdMartins knicks the ball from Sam Cutler and plays it to Hopkinson who leaves a back pass for Shulton. Shulton gets off the shot and it just goes wide.
33rdHopkinson starts another buildup with a pass to Shulton, Shulton plays it to Campbell who unleashes a shot that James Rogers gets a leg on to deflect.
Second Half
46thTwo secind half subs as Shulton goes to left winger, Rubbins on for Brady and Orwubiko on for Martins at DMC.
65thElliott Charles advances with the ball, he is unchallenged and rifles a shot for the top corner that just misses..
80thKane Rice earns a corner for Dover and Wallis sends it into the 6 yard box, Gillman is free and heads it wide of an open net, a horrible miss.
81stTim Hopkinson slides outside and takes a pass from Campbell, quickly crossing it in, Michael Whitwell runs in to meet it at the far post and puts it away!! 1-0
84thOlly Schulz sneaks behind the defense after Bishop's fails to clear a corner and finds the net, but he is ruled offsides and earns a yellow for arguing.
Final: Bishop's Stortford 1 - Dover 0MOM: Simon Cox (Bishop's Stortford) 7.6
Possession: Dover 51% to 49%Shots: Dover 10-8
Goals (Bishop's): Whitwell 81'
Goals (Dover): None

Two in a row puts us into 16th, a comfortable 5 points above the drop zone as October ends, though of course it is still early. O'Brien records his 2nd straight clean sheet and is now officially the #1 keeper. For Whitwell he gets his first goal for us, but is nicked up in the process, we will know tomorrow if it is anything that will keep him out of our next match.

I try and repair my relationship with Scott Shulton offering a contract extension at $650 P/W but he turns it down, still upset that I listed him earlier. This pretty much dictates that he will be gone next season.

10/21/10 - FA Trophy draw
We draw Lowestoft Town in the third qualifying round of the FA trophy at home on November 20th. A good draw and homefield advantage should mean a better result than our one and done in the FA cup.

Looking to add depth I also bring in 18 year striker Danny Ings for a 3 week trial with our reserves.

Training Report
None of our senior players impressed in training in October and Scott Shulton, Charlie Simpson (tactics) and Steve Birks (strength) got low marks for their efforts. None a surprise since Birks is aging and Shulton is unhappy.
Old 08-28-2011, 01:28 PM   #56
BYU 14
Coordinator

November - 2010

November Schedule
11/06/10 @ Dorchester (BSS)
11/09/10 V Lewes (BSS)
11/13/10 @ Basingstoke (BSS)
11/20/10 V Lowestoft (FA Trophy)
11/27/10 V Maidenhead (BSS)

Finances
We lost $61,639.00 last month and thus far the current season sit at $194,028.00 in the red. We really need a run in the cup competitions to stop the bleeding. Our wage budget is $8,049.00 per week and we are currently at $8,128.00 in wages, which I will look to cut by getting rid of a couple of guys on the reserve roster and some point and use the under 18’s to fill out the spots for reserve matches. We really have a crappy jersey sponsorship which pays just 8.25 thousand per season and runs to 2014.

Blue Square South TableWonDrnLstPts
Hampton & Richmond93130
Ebbsfleet84128
Braintree81425
Havant & W66124
Eastleigh72423
Dover64322
Woking55320
Chelmsford62520
Basingstoke61619
Boreham Wood61619
Lewes52617
St. Albans44516
Farnborough44516
Staines29215
Weston-super-Mare43615
Bishop's Stortford36415
Bromley35514
Maidenhead26512
Thurrock32811
Welling24710
Dorchester1669
Dartford1487
Old 08-28-2011, 02:03 PM   #57
BYU 14
Coordinator

Leaders November - 2010

BSS - League Leaders 11/01/10
Goals
Adam Birchall Dover - 8
Charlie Moone Hampton - 8
Nathaniel Howell Farnborough - 7
Nic McDonnall Bromley - 7
David Tarpey Hampton - 7
Assists
Clint Easton Ebbsfleet - 7
Stephen Reed Chelmsford - 6
Ricky Shakes Ebbsfleet - 6
4 tied with - 5
Average Rating
Clint Easton Ebbsfleet - 7.58
Charlie Moone Hampton - 7.31
Anthony Mason Braintree - 7.28
Brad Quinton - Braintree - 7.22
Adam Birchall Dover - 7.13
Man of the Match Awards
Clint Easton Ebbsfleet - 5
David Tarpey Hampton - 4
4 tied with - 3
Team Leaders 11/01/10
Goals
Tim Hopkinson - 3
Hakeem Araba - 3
6 tied with - 1
Assists
Scott Shulton - 3
Michael Whitwell - 2
Ritchie Jones - 2
5 tied with - 1
Average Rating
Simon Cox - 7.13
Tim Hopkinson - 7.01
Tony Diagne - 6.85
Ritchie Jones - 6.81
Andeele Martins - 6.77
Man of the Match Awards
Simon Cox - 3
5 tied with - 1
Old 08-28-2011, 05:37 PM   #58
BYU 14
Coordinator

11/1/2010 - Board Confidence
The board feels I could be doing better still and my job status is insecure. They are still tweaked about the 3-1 loss in the first round of the FA Cup to a non-league side, really still? I can't wait to get the first FA Trophy game in.
New Coach
I have 2 open coach slots still, so I bring in 38 yr old Kevin Donovan. He is a 12 in attack, adaptability, motivating and working with youngsters. His sole responsibility will be our attack.
Loaners
I go out looking for a solid winger and a third striker from League 2 clubs for loan and while I get the OK from the clubs, none of the targeted players want to be Blues.
11/2/2010 - Team of the week
Centre Back Simon Cox is once again named to the Blue Square South team of the week after a fine outing against Dover.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:42 PM   #59
BYU 14
Coordinator

11/06/2010 (BSS)Away to Dorchester 1-6-6Breezy 55 Degrees - Att: 317
DMC - OrwubikoAMC - RubbinsAML/R - Brady / Barnes
MinuteFirst HalfScore
1stOtobo looks to run onto a pass is tripped by Simon Cox who is given a yellow by Chris Powell, who has given 87 yellows and 12 red in 19 matches, ugh!
7th Coutts trips Whitwell and earns Dorchesters first booking, the 2nd of 9 yellow cards that will be gven today.
11thMichael Abedole, who chose Dorchester over us curls it near post, Otobo lays it to Byron Napper whose volley is just tipped wide by O'Brien.
44thCrittenden centers to Saul Otobo, who skips past Diagne, fires a shot from close range and beats O'Brien to give Dorchester the lead. 0-1
45thIn stoppage time Michael Whitwell breaks the off side trap and bears down on Tommy Smith, unleashing a hard shot that Smith just turns away.
Second Half
47thOtobo cuts inside and centers the ball to Coutts who winds up a scorcher straight to O'Brien that smothers.
53rdHopkinson times his run perfectly and takes a pass from Whitwell. With only the keeper to beat Hopkinson buts it away in style to draw us even!!1-1
63rdI use all three subs in an effort to get the winner bringing Araba, Martins and Shulton on and Whitwell, Orwubiko and Brady to the bench.
70thAfter some extended back and forth action, Araba is stripped by Critchell, who he then chases down and topples earning a yellow.
82ndAraba centers to Martins outside the area and Martins drives a superb pass into Hopkinson who fires from space, but Tommy Smith makes a huge save.
90thStoppage time was raining yellow cards galore went out with Jay Smith and Otobo being booked for Dorchester and Palmer getting one for Bishop's.
Final: Bishop's Stortford 1 - Dorchester 1MOM: Nick Crittenden (Dorchester) 7.5
Possession: Dorchester 51% to 49%Shots: Dorchester 12-9
Goals (Bishop's): Hopkinson 53'
Goals (Dorchester): Otobo 44'

An exciting 2nd half marred only by the flurry of yellow cards at the end and the sloppy play of Araba who had Hopkinson with him on a 2 on 1 right before the end of regulation and chose to blast a wild shot from 25 yards that went 12 feet over the bar instead of draw the keeper out and lay it off to Tim, who surely would have scored. I have got to find a quality third striker somewhere.

I hope we never draw Chris Powell again as referee. He is young (30) and looking to make a name for himself as he is now up to a staggering 96 yellows and 12 reds through 20 games. This guy is a card dispensing machine, though he is rated at 8.05 overall for the season.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:51 AM   #60
BYU 14
Coordinator

11/06/2010 - Trial
I bring in 18 yr old Italian Winger Christian Nanetti for a 3 week trial. Hart feels he could be better than Matt Barnes eventually and he can play left and right, which would make a valuable bench player if shows well. He isn't the speediest, but is rated 11 in passing and acceleration and 10 in dribbling, crossing and fitness.
11/08/2010 - Honours
Tim Hopkinson is named to the BSS team of the week.

I have several feelers out for loaners on the wing, up front and for a fullback and while several League 2 teams are willing to loan players, the players themselves kepe shooting us down.

Match tomorrow vs Lewes at home is a big one as we could posibly vault to mid-table with a win and we are favored despite Lewes riding a 3 match BSS win streak and a run of 6 wins out of 8 in all matches.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:56 PM   #61
BYU 14
Coordinator

11/09/2010 (BSS)Home to Lewes 5-2-6Gusty, Rain 48 Degrees - Att: 241
DMC - OrwubikoAMC - ShultonAML/R - Brady / Campbell
MinuteFirst HalfScore
42ndPalmer brings it up the left flank, plays it Shulton, Shulton cuts inside and fires a volley towards the top corner sending it just over.
45thTyler Campbell is rattled going for a header and is woozy coming off as the half ends, he will likely get subbed out
A rather uneventful first half, we dominated possession, but did little in the way of generating chances.
Second Half
46thCampbell does end up coming off at HT and is replaces by Barnes at right wing. Martins as usual is on for Ormubiko at DMC. It is a demanding role.
54thShulton to Brady, who brings it into the penalty area and is dispossed by Breach, but Whitwell pounces on the ball and ruffles the back of the net!!1-0
61stMichael Whitwell breaks the offside trap and runs onto a through ball from Martins, he is in clean on goal and puts it away for his second of the match!2-0
64thHopkinson looks to get on to a through ball and is held by Walder, which garners a yellow card for the latter.
69thWhitwell takes another through ball from Martins and fires at the top corner and just missing out on the hat trick…Rubbins comes on for Darren Brady
80thNewman with a great ball to Murphy who attacks the goal looking to pull Lewes closer, but his blast hits the side netting from a tough angle.
Final: Bishop's Stortford 2 - Lewes 0MOM: Michael Whitwell (Bishop's) 8.8
Possession: Bishop's Stortford 52% to 48%Shots: Bishop's Stortford 9-3
Goals (Bishop's): Whitwell 54', 61'
Goals (Lewes): None

Whitwell with a huge break out game as both our attackers had outstanding showings (Hopkinson rated 8.1). These two are starting to develop some chemistry as we are finally accomplished in all areas of the Attacking Diamond tactic, which will hopfully lead to more 2-3 goal outputs. Still tinkering with the midfield and I need at least one solid newcomer here, but I am looking.

This win puts us at 12th in the table and morale is starting to improve for several players with only Palmer (still unhappy with me), Araba and Angus with morale below Okay.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:14 PM   #62
BYU 14
Coordinator

11/13/2010 (BSS)Away to Basingstoke 6-1-7Drizzle 51 Degrees - Att: 339
GK - O'BrienDC - Cox / DiagneDL/R - Clare / M.Jones
DMC - OrwubikoAMC - ShultonAML/R - Campbell / Barnes
MinuteFirst HalfScore
7thPattison plays in a ball to the near post, O'Brien gathers it in and then drops it and David Pratt is there to clean up the trash banging it in..0-1
24thKarl Yelland is injured after a hard challenge by Campbell and Basingstoke is forced to take him out.
30thThe rain is pouring now as David Pratt makes yet another rum drawing the defense in and then laying it off to Boot for Basingstokes second goal0-2
45thJosh Mims plays a long ball which Tim Hopkinson picks off, charging in on the keeper unchallenged Hoppy blasts it off of the crossbar.
Second Half
46thI make three 2nd half subs as Shulton, O'Brien and Jones make way for Harry Rubbins, Nicky Eyre and Stevland Angus as our defense is horrid.
54thOrwubiko closes in on Pattison as he advances and upends him rudely, drawing a yellow card.
65thPratt takes a pass from Matt Pattinson and splits our defense on a blistering run which he finishes by beating Eyre up and away, he is killing us!0-3
73rdBarnes slips into a channel and takes a short pass from Whitwell, he is into the penalty area and beats the Keeper, but clanks it off the post..
Final: Bishop's Stortford 0 - Basingstoke 3MOM: David Pratt (Basingstoke) 9.2
Possession: Bishop's Stortford 52% to 48%Shots: Basingstoke 13-9
Goals (Bishop's): None
Goals (Basingstoke): Pratt 7', 65', Boot 30'

So much for momentum as David Pratt shreds our back line all game long. We have some nice chances at the end, but hit the framework twice and don't even come close to target on two other good opportunities. Our morale plummets again, grrr.

11/16/10 – Injury news
AMC Harry Rubbins will be out at least two weeks with a groin strain. Really hurts our midfield flexibility.

Next up is our FA Trohpy match against Lowenstoft at home and we are 5-4 favorites to get the win, though they are a decent non-league side.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:47 PM   #63
BYU 14
Coordinator

11/20/2010 (FA Trophy)Home to LowestoftDrizzle 53 Degrees - Att: 259
GK - O'BrienDC - Diagne / CoxDL/R - Clare / M.Jones
MinuteFirst HalfScore
4thBrady gets past Stewart on the left wing, runs down the touchline and floats a cross in that Barnes runs onto at the far post and heads it in!!1-0
13thMatt Barnes squares up from the by line and sends it in, Russell intercepts for Lowestoft and McLaren tries to put it behind and knocks it in, own goal.2-0
22ndBrady again has space down the left and takes the run, firing another cross for the far post and Barnes is there again to head it into the net!!3-0
25thBerry moves in for Lowestoft with a nice pass to Wilson who fires, but O'Brien dives to push it away, great save.
37thWhitwell, to Matt Jones, across the pitch to Clare on the overlap, who gets the cross in and once again Barnes is on the spot to collect the hat trick!! 4-0
Second Half
46thMatt Jones charges down the right flank, looking to set the table but is upended by McLaren, who is shown a yellow by Mr. Cooper.
54thMatt Jones gets tangled up with Downing going for a loose ball and stays down, eventually limping off the pitch - Ritchie Jones comes on for him.
61stThings are getting chippy now as Paul Cooper trips Brady as he tries to get past him on the flank and he is promptly booked.
65thBarnes on a run down the right, cuts inside into the box and is tripped by Barlow, penalty! Shulton steps up and misses the penalty kick left.
77thCampbell, basrely on for Barnes who gets a standing ovation tries to clean up the mess in front of O'Brien and can't clear the cross bar, an own goal.4-1
85thCox nicks the ball from Wilson and gets it to Whitwell, who dekes Russell, finds space from about 25 yds out and drives it past the keeper!!5-1
Final: Bishop's Stortford 5 - Lowestoft 1MOM: Matt Barnes (Bishop's Stortford) 9.6
Possession: Bishop's Stortford 55% to 45%Shots: Bishop's Stortford 11-5
Goals (Bishop's): Barnes 4', 22', 37', Mclaren (own goal) 13', Whitwell 85'
Goals (Lowestoft): Campbell (own goal) 77'

I tried a new tactical approach in game, telling the fullbacks to look for the overlap, while we put our passes to space and pumped the ball into the box. The combination was deadly as Matt Barnes awakes from an offensive slumber and becomes a one man wrecking crew with the hat trick, his first goals ever for our club. It will be interesting to see how this works against Maidenshead in our next league match, but for now I am happy and the fans are ecstatic over the offensive outburst.

Injury news
DR Matt Jones will be out 5-6 days after suffering a dead leg due to a hard tackle in the win over Lowestoft.

We are awarded $6,500 for our FA Trophy win in the third qualifying round, which will lower the water level of our monthly bath in the red a little bit.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:24 PM   #64
BYU 14
Coordinator

11/27/2010 (BSS)Home to MaidenheadGusty, rain 51 Degrees - Att: 234
GK - O'BrienDC - Diagne / CoxDL/R - Clare / R.Jones
MinuteFirst HalfScore
19thWe are relentless early as Hopkinson runs onto a through ball and unleashes a vicious point blank shot that Williams pushes away in self defense
22ndHoppy is back at it taking a 45 yard pass from Cox and sending a screamer toward the top corner that Williams is able to save and hold.
24thBradley Quamina is tripped by Orwubiko and Ian Cooper shows our midfielder a yellow card.
33rdBarnes on the move plays it to Brady who cuts inside and strikes it off the crossbar, but the rebound goes off Williams back and in for an own goal!!1-0
43rdOrwubiko plays it forward onto the the run of Whitwell who is brought down by Fagan in the area. Shulton steps up and blasts the penalty kick in!!2-0
Second Half
47thBarnes is past Lunan and crosses it near post, Whitwell gathers the ball, turns and fires and we are up by 3!!3-0
50thAshley Nicholls strips Hopkinson, but Andeele Martins, just on for Orwubiko is there to pick it up and Nicholls knocks him to the ground and is booked.
53rdMaidenhead earn a corner and Cullingford lofts it in, Lataille gets up above Campbell and heads it across the line to put Maidenhead on the board.3-1
60thMartins heads a clearance to Hopkinson, who breaks free and is on on goal unmolested, Hoppy shows patience and buries it once Williams commits!4-1
66thWith the rain increasing, Hopkinson makes a long run, unopposed as his defender slips, he puts it into the box and beats Williams near post!!5-1
78thRitchie Jones delivers a classy ball to Campbell, who heads it across goal, Williams saves but can't hang on and Whitwell puts the rebound away!! 6-1
Final: Bishop's Stortford 6 - Maidenhead 1MOM: Tim Hopkinson (Bishop's Stortford) 9.4
Possession: Maidenhead 57% to 43%Shots: Bishop's Stortford 15-4
Goals (Bishop's): Williams (own goal) 33', Shulton (Pen) 43', Whitwell 47', 78', Hopkinson 60', 66'
Goals (Maidenhead): Lataille 53'

Where the hell have all these goals been? Using the same approach as I did against Lowestoft we have another offensive explosion and have now outscored our opponents 11-2 in the last two matches. Tim "Hoppy" Hopkinson and Michael Whitwell are superb and we get great suport from our fullbacks on the overlap.

Never one to dampen a great moment, Scott Shulton celebrates his goal by talking to me for the firs time in nearly two months.....To tell me to transfer list him!! WTF, just when we are gaining some steam? I don't even try and talk him out of it and immediately send the scouts out to find me another AMC. As soon as whoever we sign is up to speed Shulton is off to the reserves if he is still with us.

11/28/10 - Transfer in
It doesn't take long as a prospect I have been eyeing for some time jumps at the chance to come to Bishop's and we grab Michael Uwezu on a free. The 19 year old Brit also plays Striker and Ian Hart loves him there, but he will play primarily as an AMC for the balance of this season. I get him for
$350 PW and his best attributes are teamwork and work rate 15, fitness and strength 14, composure and stamina 13 and pace 12. He is an 11 in 3 other catagories and a 10 in 9 others!! He could be good.

Nobody is interested in Scott Shulton and it would make me happy to sit him for Uwezu once he is fit and comfortable in our tactic.

11/30/10 - Injury report
Harry Rubbins, our other attacking midfielder centre is close to resuming training and should play in our next match. No other first team players are down.

Accolades
It is a great week on the awards front as Ritchie Jones, Simon Cox, Michael Whitwell and Tim Hopkinson all make the Blue Square South team of the week.
Old 09-09-2011, 05:03 PM   #65
BYU 14
Coordinator

December 2010

December Schedule
12/04/10 – DL Robbie Blackwell’s trial finishes (He is rated "as good" as Clare, not exactly a ringing endorsement. I will not try and sign him.)
12/04/10 – VS Weston-super-Mare (BSS)
12/11/10 – VS York (FA Trophy) - Tough match against a BSP 11
12/14/10 – FA Trophy 2nd round draw
12/18/10 – @ Farnborough (BSS)
12/26/10 – @ Braintree (BSS)
12/28/10 – VS Thurrock (BSS)

Training
The following players did well in training
Reece Prestedge (Aerobic)
Darryl Sydes (Strength)

The players below did poorly in training.
Scott Shulton (Tactics)
Matt Barnes (Tactics)
Steve Birks (Aerobic)
Surprised at Barnes showing, Shulton wants out and Birks is 37, so their drops come as no surprise.

Honors
Striker Michael Whitwell is named the Blue Square South player of the month for November and his partner up front Tim Hopkinson comes in third on the voting as the two combine for 8 goals in November (5 for Whitwell)

Finances
We bring in $40,206 in November, but spend $67,525, including $53,830 in wages leaving us in the red $27,139 for the month and $237,186 in the hole for the season.

Hampton & Richmond114137
Ebbsfleet114137
Woking95332
Dover94431
Havant & W86330
Braintree91728
Eastleigh83627
Boreham Wood82726
Weston-super-Mare74725
Basingstoke74725
Bromley65723
Bishop's Stortford57522
St. Albans64722
Chelmsford64722
Lewes62920
Farnborough55720
Staines310419
Thurrock431115
Maidenhead36815
Welling35914
Dorchester19712
Dartford251011

We are solid mid-table, 8 above the drop zone and 8 from a playoff spot. I would like to think given our recent play we will be closer to top 5 when the year ends.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:30 PM   #66
BYU 14
Coordinator

12/04/2010 (BSS)Home to Weston S-MGusty53 Degrees - Att: 329
GK - O'BrienDC - Diagne / CoxDL/R - Palmer / R.Jones
MinuteFirst HalfScore
5thRitchie Jones forward to Barnes, who plays a great ball to Whitwell spliting the defense. Whitwell loses his man and drills it past the keeper, goal!!! 1-0
34thScott Shulton finds himself alone outside the area, dribbles in, draws out the keeper and knocks off of his chest, missing a certain goal.
42ndVillis is juked by Hopkinson and chases him down from behind as Hoppy moves toward the area, Villis takes him down drawing the yellow.
Not much at all happened after our quick start as we head to the half….
Second Half
52ndScott Shulton looks to build the attack and as Kane Ingram attempts a tackle he misses the ball and drops Shulton, earning himself a booking.
58thJames Bonner makes a nice run for Weston, finding James Bonner who launches a rocket at goal, but O'Brien makes the save…
60thRhys Farmer takes a pass from Steven Orchard and fires the ball past O'Brien, but it hits the post, sitting in front of the goal before Brady clears it.
64thWe sub in Matt Jones for Ritchie Jones at DR and game day signing Christian Nanetti (signed after his trial concludes) for Matt Barnes.
Final: Bishop's Stortford 1 - Weston S-M 0MOM: Emexca Orwubiko (Bishop's Stortford)7.6
Possession: Bishop's Stortford 50% to 50%Shots: Bishop's Stortford 7-7
Goals (Bishop's): Whitwell 5'
Goals (Weston-super-Mare): None

Not quite the fireworks of our last two outings, but another win and we move into 10th place in the league on the strength of Whitwell's early salvo (his 7th of the campaign).

We have York next in the first round of the FA Trophy and there are several pending changes in the works, which I will execute after that match as I look to get rid of the malcontents, meaning we could eventually field a very young squad where 9 of the starting 11 are between the ages of 18 - 20.
Old 09-11-2011, 02:55 AM   #67
BYU 14
Coordinator

12/11/2010 (FA Trophy)Home to York (BSP)Showers 42 Degrees - Att: 254
GK - O'BrienDC - Diagne / CoxDL/R - Palmer / M.Jones
DMC - OrwubikoAMC - UwezuAML/R - Brady / Barnes
MinuteFirst HalfScore
2ndRankine to Till, Till plays it to Barrett who makes a run and gets it forward to David Dowson who gets past Diagne and slots it home. Far too easy.0-1
12thAiden Palmer collides violently with Racchi, Yorks rugged Centre back and has to come off. Clare replaces him at left fullback.
25thMichael Rankine completes a nice run and centers to an unmarked Racchi, who gets a head on it, but O'Brien makes a fantastic save.
28thRacchi marks Brady as he makes a run and goes in late for the tackle, drawing a foul and a yellow card.
30thDiagne sets up to take a free kick from just outside the box and bends it over the line and just off of Knights finger tips for a fantastic goal!!1-1
Second Half
50thMatt Jones rolls an ankle and has to come off, we are depleted in back now as Martins comes on goes to DMC, Orwubiko to DC and Diagne to DR
55thSure enough ot doesn't take long for Dowson to expose Orwubiko at centre back, drving a cross from Constantine past O'Brien.1-2
71stRacchi plays a cross near post, Constantine picks it up with space to work, but clangs the shot off the post.
72ndChristian Nanetti comes on for Barnes, who is exhausted, but it makes no difference as we generate to threats the rest of the match.
Final: Bishop's Stortford 1 - York 2MOM: David Dowson (York)8.8
Possession: York 58% - 42%Shots: York 7-4
Goals (Bishop's): Diagne 30'
Goals (York): Dowson 2', 55'

We put up a noble fight, but in the end the injuries hurt us in the back and we are eliminated from the FA Trophy. York simply ran us ragged in the end as they played keep away as we chased the ball in vain, resulting in a huge possession advantage for the BSP side.

Michael Uwezu is well received by the fans in his debut and it is time to adjust some attitudes.

Transfer out
Unhappy Midfielder Scott Shulton is finally handed his walking papers after the match as he accepts a mutual transfer, as eager to get out of Bishop's as I am eager to see him go.

Injury updates
Matt Jones will be fine and not miss any time, while Aiden Palmer is out 2 weeks with a concussion. No problems there as he will have plenty of time to heal.

12/14/10 - Match moved
Our January 15th match against Staines is moved to the 12th as Staines will play Histon on the 15th in the FA Trophy competition.

12/18/10 - Postponement
Our match against Farnsborough is postponed due to a water logged pitch at Rushmoor stadium. We will play them on January 5th instead.

12/19/10 - Transfer out
Looking to open some room to tweak by budgets I release oft injured reserve striker George Daly on a free transfer. He is considered a prospect, but I just don't see him breaking the first team with what we have now if he can ever stay healthy.

12/20/10 - Illness
Winger Darren Brady has a cold and I send him home for a few a days so he doesn't share the joy.

12/25/10 - Transfer in
Merry Christmas to me as I manage to tweak the wage budget enough to free up $3000, which gets me long coveted MK Dons reserve FB/WB Adam Chicksen who will step into the starting left fullback slot. He will earn $750 a week (a princely sum for us), but should prove worth it at 19 years old and ratings of 11 or better in crossing, pace, teamwork, work rate, accleration, agility, determination and flair. A good fit for a tactic like ours that uses an overlapping FB. Michael Whitwell lets me know he approves of the signing.

Transfer out
With Chicksen coming on board the final malcontent goes as Aiden Palmer accepts a mutual termination and will take his ringing ears and crusty disposition elsewhere. Club chemistry should now start to improve.
Old 09-11-2011, 10:36 PM   #68
BYU 14
Coordinator

12/26/2010 (BSS)Away to Braintree Dry 39 Degrees - Att: 541
GK - EyreDC - Diagne / CoxDL/R - Chicksen / M.Jones
DMC - OrwubikoAMC - RubbinsAML/R - Nanetti / Barnes
MinuteFirst HalfScore
4thBraintree comes right at us as Kenny Davis puts it down the line for Mark and Marks drives it to the near post, but Nicky Eyre is there for the save.
19thLechmere makes a nice run and curls it to the far post, Sheard heads it across the goal mouth and Mason bangs it in for the home side.0-1
28thSean Marks works on new signing Chicksen, gets around him and into the box and Chicksen trips him for the penalty. Marks then buries the penalty kick.0-2
29thWe come right back as Chicksen connects on a 30 yard pass to Hopkinson, Tim fires far post and McDonald somehow tips it wide, looked like a sure goal.
40thBarnes nods the ball on for Rubbins, who loses his man and gets into space putting the ball on target, but McDonald once again makes the save.
Second Half
60thClark to Mason for Braintree, Mason delivers from our wide and Eyre parries it away, but it falls straight to Marks who tallies his 2nd goal.0-3
61stEnough of this, Ritchie Jones on for Matt Jones at DR and Brady will replace Nanetti at left wing, while Uwezu is on for Hopkinson up front.
66thUwezu creates a chance right away with a pinpoint pass to Whitwell in space, but Whitwell totally fans on the point blank shot, putting it over.
76thBraintree is in shut up shop mode and we pump another in as they fall back, but Whitwell heads it straight into McDonalds waiting arms.
82thUwezu feeds Barnes with a low pass and Barnes leaves it for Ritchie Jones who centers it into the box where Brady puts it away with a header!1-3
Final: Bishop's Stortford 1 - Braintree 3MOM: David Dowson (York) 8.8
Possession: Bishop's Stortford 53% - 47%Shots: Braintree 11-5
Goals (Bishop's): Brady 82'
Goals (Braintree): Mason 19', Marks (pen) 28', 60'

As bad as we have played in a while, probably due to the fact that I had 2 new guys in the starting 11, plus Rubbins fresh from an injury and a stale Nicky Eyres, who stepped in after I had to send O'Brien home because he had a bad case of the flu and will be out a week.

Speaking of new, Uwezu made some things happen when he came on, but Nanetti was invisible and Chicksen tallied the lowest rating I have ever seen in his debut with a 3.3!! WTF? This is the guy I scratched and clawed together $3000 that I didn't have for? It's pretty sad to pay 3K for a player and have his first match rating barely higher than that. Still I defend him to the media after the match and make it known I am still confident that he will play a big role for the club.

12/27/10 - Tabloids
To make our disaster against Braintree worse we are home to Thurrock tomorrow, I hate these quick turnarounds and Thurrock skipper Hakan Ramis-Heyrettin is taking shots at me in the papers. I respond that mankind is more likely to find life on Mars than he is to bring success to Thurrock, bastard.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:24 PM   #69
BYU 14
Coordinator

12/28/2010 (BSS)Home to ThurrockDry 32 Degrees - Att: 258
GK - EyreDC - Diagne / CoxDL/R - Clare / R.Jones
DMC - MartinsAMC - UwezuAML/R - Brady / Barnes
MinuteFirst HalfScore
38thThurrock gets the first clean chance as Bodkin aims a cross near post and Akurang out jumps Cox to win the header, but knocks it off the cross bar.
39thWe counter quickly as Hopkinson skips past O'Toole, runs forward and crosses to Whitwell how connects with a diving header that Charles-Foster saves.
41stHeating up now as Uwezu picks off a pass and charges into the box, where Williams trips him. Andeele Martins steps up and scores on the penalty kick!1-0
45thUwezu is making things happen as he lays a ball into space for Hoppy, Hopkinson unleashes a savage blast and the keeper has no chance!!2-0
Second Half
46thI make 2 substitutions as Christian Nanetti comes on for an exhausted Barnes and I am forced to bring Chicksen on at left wing for an equally tired Brady.
49thChicksen is looking to erase his horrendous debut charging down the line, he breaks inside and gets off a volley that Charles-Foster is just able to block.
70thChicksen again starts a buildup, floating a cross in that McIntosh clears, but Martins is first to the ball and blasts a shot that just misses top corner.
83rdMichael Uwezu has played his heart out and just doesn't have anything left, so I sub Rubbins on as the fans give Uwezu a nice ovation.
84thHopkinson is in space and takes it inside, unleashing a shot that beats the keeper, but is blocked by McIntosh on the far post.
Final: Bishop's Stortford 2 - Thurrock 0MOM: Michael Uwezu (Bishop's) 8.3
Possession: Thurrock 51% - 49%Shots: Bishop's Stortford 12 - 4
Goals (Bishop's): Martins (pen) 41', Hopkinson 45'
Goals (Thurrock): None

Despite the short turnaround off of a crushing defeat, we play an energized game and Uwezu's performance makes me feel much better about letting Scott Shulton go. The youngster looks to be a playmaker and he is still in the process of adapting. We had 4 other players rank 7.4 or better and even Chicksen more than doubled (6.7) his debut score. It was nice to see he has some versatility to play the wing when we need it.

12/29/10 - Contracts coming due
We have 5 players whose contracts are set to expire in 6 months including
DL/C Stevland Angus 30 yrs old, currently in the reserves
GK Nick Morgan 24 yrs old, also a reserve.
DR Matt Jones 25 and Ritchie Jones 20, both rotating at our right FB spot.
MC/AMC Reece Prestedge 23, another reserve, who is also very injury prone.

Of the lot I offer Matt Jones an extension and he turns my offer of $325 a week (a $125 PW pay cut down) He is not worth a raise, so it looks like shoring up the rightside of the back line will be a priority in the off season. Nobody else brings anything to the table, so they will all be allowed to walk.

We finish the year in 10th place, 10 points above the drop and 10 points from a playoff spot and in an unusual bit of scheduling, we start the new year off with a quick rematch against Braintree who less than a week ago humbled us at their place. We will be 6-4 favorites at home and we need to bounce back and beat them.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:32 PM   #70
BYU 14
Coordinator

January 2011

January Schedule
01/01/11 – VS Braintree (BSS)
01/03/11 – @ Bromley (BSS)
01/05/11 – @ Farnborough (BSS)
01/08/11 – VS Boreham Wood (BSS)
01/12/11 – @ Staines (BSS)
01/22/11 – @ Chelmsford (BSS)
01/29/11 – VS Dartford (BSS)

Training
The following players do well in training per Ian Hart
Michael Whitwell – Tactics
Darren Brady – Aerobic
Darryl Sydes – Strength

Failing to impress are
Andeele Martins – Aerobic
Steve Birks – Strength

The Boardroom
The board is now satisfied with my management of the club, citing the capture of Tim Hopkinson as particularly pleasing. They are not impressed however with our 3-1 loss to rival Braintree, which we will have a chance to avenge tomorrow!

Finances
We lost 57.1 thousand dollars in December, bringing in 18 thousand plus and spending 75.6 thousand, with salaries accounting for 32.8 thousand of that.

Hampton & Richmond145247
Dover125441
Ebbsfleet124540
Havant & W116439
Woking108338
Braintree121837
Boreham Wood94831
Eastleigh93930
St. Albans85829
Bishop's Stortford77628
Weston-super-Mare841028
Chelmsford84928
Bromley76927
Basingstoke75926
Lewes731124
Staines411623
Farnborough65823
Welling57922
Dorchester39918
Dartford461118
Thurrock531418
Maidenhead39918

We have shown some improvement, but that grueling schedule at the beginning of the month will test our depth and fitness. I am going to probably have to pick and choose my battles in those games in terms of rotating players and play ultra defensively on the road.

The good news is only 2 of our 7 opponents for the month reside above us in the table.
Old 09-17-2011, 10:17 PM   #71
BYU 14
Coordinator

01/01/2011 (BSS)Home to BraintreeGusty/Sleet 37 Degrees Att: 453
GK - EyreDC - Diagne / CoxDL/R - Clare / R.Jones
DMC - OrwubikoAMC - UwezuAML/R - Brady / Barnes
MinuteFirst HalfScore
4thOrwubiko plays it forward past Stanbrook and Hopkinson picks it quickly getting a shot off that McDonald pushes away.
8thUwezu passes to Whitwell, who is dispossed by Bailey-Dennis. Hopkinson is there to pick off the clearance, gets into space and beats the keeper! 1-0
16thWhitwell is free in the area, hits it off the post and ball is skitters across the line. Stanbrook tries to clear in the scramble and puts it in for an own goal!2-0
37thBryant jinks past Cox for Braintree and centers tyo McCluskey, McClusky takes it forward and puts it past Eyre.2-1
Second Half
46thHarry Rubbins is on for Whitwell with Uwezu going to Striker, while Nanetti comes on for Barnes at right wing.
46thRight away Rubbins takes a pass from Brady, plays it through for Hopkinson who splits the defense and easily puts it past the Braintree keeper3-1
49thMarks looks to build an attack for Braintree and Orwubiko takes him down drawing a yellow card.
56thRubbins advances with the ball, but loses the ball on tackle by Bailey-Dennis, Hopkinson picks it up, gets forward and nets it top shelf for the hat trick!4-1
63rdLechmere earns the corner and Davis lays it into the box. Bailey-Dennis dives and connects with the header for the goal..4-2
64thClare is gassed and I bring Chicksen on at left full back, hoping to get him some confidence.
Final: Bishop's Stortford 4 - Braintree 2MOM: Tim Hopkinson (Bishop's) 9.6
Possession: Braintree 56% - 44%Shots: Braintree 12 - 9
Goals (Bishop's): Hopkinson 8', 46', 56', Stanbrook (own goal) 16'
Goals (Braintree): McCluskey 27', Bailey-Dennis 63'

Hoppy is brilliant and the fams are ecstatic that we have redeemed ourselves for the lopsided loss to rival Braintree at their place last week. We won't have much time to celebrate though as we play Bromley with only 1 day between matches, so I give the team January 2nd off.

Injury
AMC Harry Rubbins strained his knee ligaments against Braintree and will be out 2 months. Sucks cause I have no depth there at all.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:44 AM   #72
BYU 14
Coordinator

01/03/2011 (BSS)Away to BromleyDry 41 Degrees - Att: 205
GK - EyreDC - Diagne / CoxDL/R - Chicksen / M.Jones
DMC - MartinsMC - Uwezu / OrwubikoAML/R - Nanetti / Whitwell
ST - Hopkinson
MinuteFirst HalfScore
4thHopkinson beats Fray, moves into striking range and fires it towards the corner. It skips by the keeper and we are off and running!!1-0
11thFray plays it to Burns, Burns makes some space for himself and chips it from an angle getting it over Eyre's head for the equalizer. 1-1
13thChicksen heads it to Andeele Martins and Martins plays a lovely ball for Hopkinson who bears down on goal and scores his second of the game!! 2-1
25thArron Fray with the throw in and Chicksen gets a piece of it, Matt Jones tries to clear and it richochets off Mayer and back into the goal, lucky strike.2-2
33rdHopkinson runs on to a long ball and is running in space, he works the keeper on or position and fires, but is denied by the post.
Second Half
46thTwo halftime substitutions with Nanetti on at left wing for Brady and Clare on for Chicksen at left full back. The whole squad is sucking wind.
55thWhitwell breaks into the penalty area and sends a volley on goal that Holloway turns away, Martins is there for the rebound but whiffs..
60thMayer passes to to Guy Taylor, Taylor sends in a cross from the left and Ibrahima sends a scorcher in that Eyre is able to punch away.
88thHopkinson strips the ball from Ibrahima and sprints to pick it up, but is tripped by Ibrahima in the process, earning a yellow card for the latter.
90th+2 minutes into stoppage time Hopkinson runs onto another long ball and is behind the defense, he shoots short side and nets the sure winner!!3-2
90th+We shift from a 4-5-1 to our more traditional 4-4-2 Diamond as Barnes comes on for Orwubiko and goes to left wing, with Uwezu to AMC.
Final: Bishop's Stortford 3 - Bromley 2MOM: Tim Hopkinson (Bishop's) 9.5
Possession: Bromley 54% - 46%Shots: Bishop's Stortford 11-6
Goals (Bishop's): Hopkinson 4', 13', 90'
Goals (Bromley): Burns 11', Mayer 25'

A huge win on the road with a tired squad, who will again get only one days rest. Hopkinson has clearly put the squad on his shoulders with his second straight hat trick and is once again named to the Blue Square South team of the week for his efforts.

I was happy with the 4-5-1, which I have not used much and I think this will become our main road tactic, unless we have a late lead, then I will revert to the 4-4-2 Defensive Diamond tactic.

O'Brien is back from illness for the next match away to Farnborough, but I think I will keep Eyre on goal for this one, since I will be pulling up a lot of reserves to play and I don't want O'Brien rattled in his first match back. I hate to give a game away, but I would rather have my key players rested for our home match on January 8th against Boreham Wood, which is a team sitting in mid table with us.

We are currently in 8th place with 34 points from 22 matches, 6 points behind Woking for the final playoff spot.

Tim Hopkinson leads the team with 13 goals and also sports a team best rating of 7.37.

His partner in crime up front Michael Whitwell has 5 assists to lead in that category to go with 7 goals and a 7.08 rating.

The new faces have provided mixed results so far. AMC Michael Uwezu's performance toally justifies releasing Scott Shulton. In 5 appearances he has a 7.12 rating, 2 assists, 1 MOM and is passing at an 82% clip.

Adam Chicksen, who I was really high on, is rated 5.63 through 4 appearances, with a 53% pass rate (Not good as much as we overlap) and 3.93 tackles, which is only behind Andeele Martins who sits at 4.38 tackles. Still he gets beat down the flank far too much and teams pick on him now.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:21 AM   #73
Izulde
Head Coach

Fantastic turnaround.

Old 09-18-2011, 12:41 PM   #74
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Fantastic turnaround.

Hopefully we can sustain it with this grueling January schedule...
Old 09-23-2011, 05:29 PM   #75
BYU 14
Coordinator

01/05/2011 (BSS)Away to FarnboroughShowers 48 Degrees - Att: 487
GK - EyreDC - Diagne / R. JonesDL/R - Angus / M.Jones
DMC - CoskunAMC - CampbellAML/R - Chicksen / Barnes
ST - Araba / Jackman
MinuteFirst HalfScore
7thBubb finds Ciardini, who advances and plays it into space for Nathaniel Howell, who takes 1 dribble and blasts it past Eyre for his 10th of the season.0-1
13thIbe takes a through ball from Howell and sprints onto the box as Diagne slips on the went turf, unleashing a shot that Eyre blocks and then covers.
22ndBradley Bubb brings it forward and plays it to Ibe, Ritchie Jones steps in front, but can't control it, Ibe sends the loose ball on goal and Eyre deflects it.
23rdHowell throws it in to McDonald, who curls it far post. Barnes can't clear and Ibe is right there to knock it into the net.0-2
45thOwen Price takes a throw in and starts to build another attack for Farnborough, but Barnes takes him down and is given a yellow card.
Second Half
53rdMatt Barnes swipes the ball from Dale Binns as we try to get something going. Binns chaes him down and collects a yellow card after tripping him.
66thThe onslaught continues as Ibe sends it to Bubb, who finds Mcdonald for a left footed volley that Eyre pushes away. McDonald misses on the roubound
67thWe are getting no attack at all with our reserve strikers, so I bring Hopkinson on for Jackman.
70thMatt Jones brings it up on the overlap and knocks it to Hopkinson on a dead run, Hoppy is tripped by Braham-Barrett who is given a yellow
82ndHopkinson gets it to Nanetti and takes the return pass at full cry sprinting in on goal, Hopkinson blasts it off of the Keepers chest.
84thAngus goes in awkwardly on a challenge on Ibe and stays down on the pitch. After a few moments he is helped off as we finish with 10 men
Final: Bishop's Stortford 0 - Farnborough 2MOM: Nathaniel Howell (Farnborough) 7.7
Possession: Farnborough 59% - 41%Shots: Farnborough 19-3
Goals (Farnborough): Howell 7', Ibe 23'

Not an unexpected result with 5 reserves starting, but better to take this beatdown and be ready for Boreham Wood at home in 2 days and at least have our regulars with a little bit of reset.

Chicksen is criticized at the post match press conference and I defend him indicating confidence that he will turn it around. We need him to hold that left side down on defense, so anything I can do to buoy his confidence at this point, though I am worried he may be a head case.
Old 09-24-2011, 02:49 PM   #76
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

nice read

BTW im reading his name as "chickenshit"
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 02:53 PM   #77
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
nice read

BTW im reading his name as "chickenshit"

LOL, thanks and I would have to agree on the name. The only reason I am being so stubborn is I had to jump through so many hoops to free up a crummy 3K to sign him, but it looks like I missed badly on him
Old 09-24-2011, 08:36 PM   #78
BYU 14
Coordinator

01/08/2011 (BSS)Home to Boreham Wood 9-5-9Snow 32 Degrees - Att: 398
GK - O'BrienDC - Diagne / CoxDL/R - Clare / R.Jones
DMC - OrwubikoAMC - UwezuAML/R - Brady / Nanetti
MinuteFirst HalfScore
3rdJustin Cochrane takes a pass from McKenzie and sends a blast on goal that O'Brien parries away, Cochrane jumps on the rebound and hits the post.
5thMcKenzie plays a 1-2 with Lee Allinson and fires a quick volley after receiving the return pass that O'Brien saves and falls on.
20thRitchie Jones is involved in a frightening collision with Boreham Wood's Dadson and has to leave the match. Matt Jones replaces him at DR.
26thOrwubiko comes forward and connects on a long ball with Tim Hopkinson. Hopkinson has space and gets off a shot that is saved by Will Viner.
38thMckenzie makes a run down the left side and tries to dip inside of Matt Jones, whose leg catches him and sends him to the ground. Jones gets a yellow.
Second Half
46thBrady is hobbles just before half and I replace him with Chicksen at AML, while Martins comes on for Orwubiko at DMC.
53rdHopkinson is in space and makes a run, firing a half volley that Viner parries. The rebound is loose and Whitwell pounces on it and buries it!1-0
62ndChicksen sloshes through the snow and sends in a cross to Hopkinson, who avoids Ujah and shoots with Viner making the save.
67thBoreham Wood's Luke Garrard slips on the wet pitch and falls awkwardly in a great deal of pain. He will have to be replaced.
86thUjah to Stanley in space, Stanley into the penalty area, squares and fires and O'Brien with a big save knocking the ball away.
90thLate in stoppage time and Boreham Wood is making one last run, Fraser to Stanley, who goes down in the area and is given a yellow for diving.
Final: Bishop's Stortford 1 - Boreham Wood 0MOM: Simon Cox (Bishop's) 7.3
Possession: Bishop's Stortford 53% - 47%Shots: Boreham Wood 12-9
Goals (Bishop's): Whitwell 53'
Goals (Boreham Wood): None

Things played out well by resting my regulars in the Farnborough match as we get a much needed win in sloppy conditions to hand on to 8th in the table. O'Brien played well in his first match back from injury but there is some bad news.

Injury
Ritchie Jones dislocates his jaw in the match and will miss 4 weeks, meaning Chicksen now has to start as I need Clare as backup for both fullback spots.

01/09/11 - Tidbits
Woking is riding a 12 match unbeaten run, which is a new Blue Square South record

01/11/11 - Loans
I have several feelers out for loaners at fullback, wing and another versatile midfielder, but I can't contribute to more than 10% salary which screws about half my requests and the players that are approved for loan
turn us down.

We play Staines away tomorrow and they are 6-4 favorites, despite resting 5 spots below us at 13th. I will go with the 4-5-1 counter tactic.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:49 AM   #79
Izulde
Head Coach

Hoppy doing work!

Old 09-25-2011, 08:03 PM   #80
BYU 14
Coordinator

01/12/2011 (BSS) - Bishop's Stortford 10-7-7 (8th) @ Staines 6-11-7 (13th)
Weather: Gusty, Drizzle 42 degreesAtt: 249Favorite: Staines 6-4
LineupDMC - Martins
GK - O'BrienMC - Sydes / Orwubiko
DL/R - Clare / M.JonesAML/R - Brady / Barnes
DC - Diagne / CoxST - Hopkinson
MinuteFirst HalfScore
9thGareth Risbridger down the right side for Staines, plays it in to Peters, who has the corner of the goal, but Diagne blocks the shot.
19thGriffiths is already creating havoc for us and he goes down after a weak challenge by Sydes. Griffiths appeared to dive, but Sydes gets the yellow.
21stGriffiths is back again taking a lovely pass from Ali Chabaan, juking Diagne and blasting it past O'Brien to give Staines the lead.0-1
36thSydes, in his first team debut, crafts a beautiful move playing an excellent cross to Brady, who shoots and is robbed by Shaun Allaway.
Our Possession is below 40% and the 4-5-1 is not generating any counter opportunities, so I will switch to our normal Diamond for the 2nd half.
Second Half
46thThree substitutions as Uwezu is on for Orwubiko and goes to AMC, Whitwell is on for Sydes and joins Hoppy up front and Chicksen replaces Jones
51stAli Chabaan shreds our back line with a nice run, draws the defense in and finds an unmarked Griffiths who puts his second into the back of the net.0-2
55thWhitwell is looking to pressure Staines deeps and upends Marien Ifura getting a yellow card.
60thUwezu creates some magic finding Brady streaking into the area on the left, Brady fires and has the keeper beat but it goes just wide,
82ndRene Steer is rolls his ankle trying to get past Mark Clare and has to come off after being unable to put pressure on it.
Not much excitement as all over the final 30 minutes as Staines goes into shut down mode clearing everything deep.
Final: Bishop's Stortford 0 - Staines 2MOM: Leroy Griffiths (Staines) 8.8
Possession: Staines 56% - 44%Shots: Staines 11-2
Goals (Staines): Griffiths 21', 51'

The wide 4-5-1 was a disaster and I should have gone narrow and looked to defend not counter. Part of the problem is midfield depth as I had to bring Sydes up from the reserves and play both DMC's in the starting lineup. I have requests out for loaners, but not being able to pay more than 10% of salary continues to hurt and the players that do get approved by theior clubs say thanks, but hell no....shocker.

With no match until the 22nd I give the team 3 days off and things are quiet on the news front over the break.

Quote:
Hoppy doing work!

He has been on a roll, but often disappears every few matches as he did against Staines

Changed the format a bit to add some more match day information
Old 09-26-2011, 10:19 PM   #81
BYU 14
Coordinator

01/22/2011 (BSS) - Bishop's Stortford 10-7-8 (8th) @ Chelmsford 11-4-9 (9th)
Weather: Dry 46 degreesAtt: 654Favorite: Chelmsford 4-5
LineupDMC - Orwubiko
GK - O'BrienAMC - Uwezu
DC - Diagne / CoxST - Whitwell / Hopkinson
MinuteFirst HalfScore
4thBrady makes a run and plays a give and go with Hopkinson, Brady is in on goal, shoots from an angle and hits the side netting.
32ndRainford goes down hard after a challenge by Uwezu and is unable to continue as Chelmsford replaces him.
37thBarnes plays it nicely ahead to Hopkinson, who unleashes a rocket that Fitzpatrick saves but is unable to hold and Hoppy puts away the rebound!1-0
44thBrady looks to build the attack down the left side but is tripped by Ilesanmi, who is promptly given a booking.
The half ends and I am pleased with our play on the defensive end as Chelmsford have no clear chances.
Second Half
63rdO'Brien clears the ball downfield and it is pick up by Chelmsford's Reed, ahead to Haines and Haines is tripped by Whitwell, which brings a yellow card.
67thWhitwell looks to makes amends for the booking, climbing above Ilesanmi to poach a ball from Matt Jones, but his header just goes over.
71stMichael Husbands takes a ball from Martin, lays it ahead perfectly to David Williams who is behind the defense and beats O'Brien. The flag stays down. 1-1
86thLooking for a late match spark I bring on Nanetti, Chicksen and Martins as Barnes, Brady and Orwubiko head to the bench.
89thChelmsford has one final chance as Anthony Cook plays in a nice cross that is put behind by Clare for a corner, but they are unable to convert.
Final: Bishop's Stortford 1 - Chelmsford 1MOM: David Williams (Chelmsford) 7.3
Possession: Even 50% - 50%Shots: Chelmsford 11-9
Goals (Bishop's): Hopkinson 37'
Goals (Chelmsford): Williams 71'

A good result on the road that pleases our fans and keeps us in 8th place, still 6 points from a playoff spot. I probably should have subbed in Martins sooner as Orwubiko's play fell off and led to their late equalizer, but a point is a point and our final match of the month is against relegation candidates Dartford, who are coming off a shocking 5-0 rout over Farnsborough, so we can not take them lightly.

Lot's of transfers over the next week and I have my chances to sign a couple of players, but I am looking for contributors, not backups so I don't pull the trigger on any deals. Have a couple of loan requests pending that could help, but not holding my breath.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 09-28-2011 at 11:40 AM.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:38 AM   #82
BYU 14
Coordinator

01/29/2011 (BSS) - Dartford 7-6-13 (18th) @ Bishop's Stortford 10-8-8 (8th)
Weather: Hail 33 degreesAtt: 378Favorite: Bishop's 5-4
LineupDMC - Orwubiko
GK - O'BrienAMC - Uwezu
DL/R - Chicksen / M.JonesAML/R - Brady / Barnes
MinuteFirst HalfScore
8thOrwubiko pursues Rook and trips him as he tries to build the attack. The referee admonishes Orwubiko and books him.
11thDarren Brady intercepts a pass and breaks in from the left, unleashing a blistering long range shot that Evans just tips over the bar.
12thBarnes takes the ensuing corner and Diagne goes up and wins the header, knocking it into the top corner of the net, his first league goal!!1-0
33rdDartford gets something going as Diao-Jimenez goes on a long run and finds the near corner open from an angle, but he hits the side netting.
44thHopkinson creates some space after receiving a pass from Uwezu, he puts it into the box for Barnes who volleys with his left and rattles the bar.
Second Half
46thMark Clare comes in for Adam Chicksen at DL as Chicksen is still a bit hobbled from a first half knock.
61stMatt Barnes is one on one with Gross and looks to dip inside, getting tripped as he makes his move. Gross gets a yellow card.
73rdLooking to get an insurance goal In bring Nanetti on for Barnes and Martins in for Orwubiko.
74thTony Diagne plays a beautiful cross into the area, Uwezu sprints in and gets his head on the ball, knocking it just over the top of the bar.
The remainder of the match plays out with very little offense by either side
Final: Bishop's Stortford 1 - Dartford 0MOM: Tony Diagne (Bishop's) 8.1
Possession: Bishop's Stortford 54% - 46%Shots: Bishop's Stortford 9 - 5
Goals (Bishop's): Diagne 12'
Goals (Dartford): None

A nice vistory to close the month, but still no luck on the loan/transfer front to build some depth, which we will need to make a playoff run. We are currently sporting the best form in the league at home, but are still wildly inconsistent on the road.

February update next.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 09-28-2011 at 11:39 AM.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:13 PM   #83
BYU 14
Coordinator

February 2011

February Schedule
02/05/11 – BSS @ Maidenhead
02/09/11 – England VS USA (Friendly)
02/12/11 – BSS VS Woking
02/19/11 – BSS @ Weston-super-Mare
02/26/11 – BSS @ Hampton & Richmond

A fairly light month, but 3 of 4 are away and there are some tough matches in there. Spliting these matches is absolutely necessary to maintaining any hopes of reaching the playoffs.

Board Room
The board is satisfied with my performance and my job is once again listed as stable after some uncertainty a couple of months back. The fans are extremely happy with the signing of Tim Hopkinson, while the signing is regarded as, and I quote "an aberration" nice! Squad harmony is good and despite being slightly over payroll budget, I get an OK on finances.

Finances
And speaking of the mighty dollar, we lost $59,229.00 last month and for the season sit $353,996.00 in the red, ugly and I need to get us promoted sooner rather than later!! Salaries for last month accounted for $56,000.00 of our expenses.

Training
Reserves Joe O’Cearuill (strength) and Tom McMinigal (aerobic) are impressive while Darren Brady (tactics) and the plummeting Steve Birks (aerobic) failed to impress.

Honors
DC Tony Diagne is named to the Blue Square South team of the week

ST Tim Hopkinson wins the Blue Square South player of the month award for January. Hoppy bagged 7 goals in 7 appearances in his breakout month as a member of the Blues.

Hampton & Richmond157552
Dover138647
Ebbsfleet138647
Braintree1521047
Woking1211447
Eastleigh144946
Havant & W1210546
Bishop's Stortford118841
Chelmsford1251041
St. Albans1071037
Weston-super-Mare1051335
Basingstoke971234
Lewes971134
Boreham Wood971134
Staines712833
Farnborough871231
Bromley791230
Welling781229
Maidenhead513928
Dartford761427
Thurrock741725
Dorchester591324
Old 09-29-2011, 03:55 PM   #84
BYU 14
Coordinator

Leaders February 2011

BSS - League Leaders 02/01/11
Goals
Tim Hopkinson Bishop's - 14
Nathaniel Howell Farnborough - 13
Tony Boot Basingstoke - 12
Adam Birchall Dover - 12
2 tied with 11
Assists
Clint Easton Ebbsfleet - 11
Stephen Reed Chelmsford - 10
Sammy Igoe Havant & W - 9
Andy Pugh Welling - 9
Wes Fogden Havant & W - 9
Average Rating
Olly Schultz Dover - 7.29
Tim Hopkinson Bishop's - 7.26
Clint Easton Ebbsfleet - 7.16
Ali Chabaan Staines - 7.15
Sean Marks Braintree - 7.13
Man of the Match Awards
Clint Easton Ebbsfleet - 6
Nathaniel Howell Farnborough - 5
10 tied with - 4
Team Leaders 02/01/11
Goals
Tim Hopkinson - 14
Michael Whitwell - 8
Hakeem Araba - 3
Matt Barnes - 3
Tony Diagne - 2
Assists
Matt Barnes - 5
Michael Whitwell - 5
Ritchie Jones - 4
Darren Brady - 3
Andeele Martins - 3
Average Rating
Tim Hopkinson - 7.26
Simon Cox - 7.12
Michael Whitwell - 7.00
Michael Uwezu - 6.99
Tony Diagne - 6.97
Man of the Match Awards
Simon Cox - 4
Tim Hopkinson - 4
6 tied with - 1

Great to see Hopkinson crack the top 5 in a couple of categories, including leading the BSS on goals after a blistering January showing. In the team stats our 5 leaders in ratings are all middle of the pitch players and number 6 is Andeele Martins, which could explain our surge in the last month. Don't know if the adage is the same for soccer as it is for Baseball about being strong through the middle is the way to build a succesful side, but it sounds good to me.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 09-29-2011 at 03:56 PM.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:26 AM   #85
BYU 14
Coordinator

02/01/2011 – Transfer in
We sign M R/L, AM L Gavin Scott, 20 yrs old to a $160 PW contract through 2012. This is strictly a move to get some depth and he will likely be a player that will stay on the bench, but play for the reserves unless there is an injury. Hart feels he could be as good as Matt Barnes eventually, I have my doubts
Technical – Dribbling 9, First touch 8 and passing 8 are his best, nothing special here
Mental – Composure, Influence 11 and Teamwork and Workrate 10 are solid
Physical – All 9’s or better except Stamina (7) and Strength (4) - acceptable for a backup.

Injury update
D R/C Ritchie Jones is set to resume training this week after suffering a dislocated jaw.

02/05/2011 (BSS) - Bishop's Stortford 11-8-8 (8th) @ Maidenhead 6-13-9 (16th)
Weather: Gusty, Drizzle 39 degreesAtt: 181Favorite: Maidenhead 11-5
LineupDMC - Martins
GK - O'BrienAMC - Uwezu
MinuteFirst HalfScore
5thSt Aimie brings it forward for Maidenhead and finds Baddeley to the right of the box, Baddeley sends it near post and O'Brien makes the save.
7thTony Diagne goes up for a challenge against Kieran-Knight and lands awkwardly. He can't continue and Orwubiko will have to play DC
29thDanny Lunan plays a long ball forward to Nicholls who quickly launches a shot on goal, but it is right at O'Brien who makes the save.
36thWhitwell looks to operate outside of the box and goes down as he attempts to avoid a defender. The referee says he dove and produces a yellow.
41stHopkinson goes on a dazzling run from midfield, splitting the Maidenhead defense and creating a shot, but it is right at Williams who hangs on.
Second Half
47thJones tackles Knight, but St Aimie picks up the loose ball and is free into the area, O'Brien is indicisive and St Aimie beats him near side.0-1
50thBarnes plays a through ball to Whitwell in a great position, but Williams is able to push the shot away. Uwezu is there for the rebound and whiffs!!
53rdCullingford fires it in low and hard and O'Brien deflects it straight to Smith with the goal wide open and he puts it over.
71stNanetti comes on for Matt Barnes at AMR and Clare replaces Matt Jones at DR as we look to make a push over the final 20 minutes.
84thWhitwell moves forward, plays it to Bradys feet in the area, the ball is deflected to Martins who fires a blast into the top of the net!!!1-1
85thWhitwell robs Smith and we have a break as the finds Uwezu coming forward, Uwezu finds space and fires, but Williams is able to gather it easily.
Final: Bishop's Stortford 1 - Maidenhead 1MOM: Andeele Martins (Bishop's) 7.6
Possession: Bishop's Stortford 50/50Shots: Maidenhead 12-11
Goals (Bishop's): Martins 84'
Goals (Maidenhead): St Aimie 47'

The fans are pleased with the draw, though we should have won as we had more clear cut chances and chose to shot right into the chest of their keeper. Hopkinson continues to get chances, I think I need to talk to him about using a little more finesse to score as he is the biggest offender, putting plenty of shots on target, but right to the Keeper.

Injury Update
Terrible news as Tony Diagne has strained Knee ligaments and will miss 2 months. This completely sucks as I have no depth here and I will have to start Ritchie Jones inside, when I would rather he play right fullback. I immediately go looking for a DC.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:43 PM   #86
BYU 14
Coordinator

02/09/2011 – Transfers in
We bring in two prospects to shore up our backline and the first one I am really excited about. 19 yr old Oliver Nicholas from Eritrea is Centre Back that Ian Hart feels is close to Tony Diagne in talent. He has spent time on the youth squads of Arsenal, Man City and Newcastle and will start as soon as match fit. We get him for $130 P/W through 2012 and he is worth 50K.
Technical – Heading 11, Tackling 9 and Marking 8, with room to grow are adequate.
Mental – Bravery and Workrate 12, Teamwork 11 and 5 other 8s make him strong here
Physical – Acceleration, Balance, Jumping, Pace and Strength all 12 and Fitness 11

In addition we also add 19yr old Aaron Carter at D R/C, he was also released from Man City’s youth squad and will really only be insurance for us. At $70 P/W I can afford to have him on the reserves in case of injury. Hart indicates he is not close to Diagne’s skill level, but could be better eventually.
Technical – First Touch and Heading are 10, Passing 9, Marking and Tackling 8
Mental – 10 or better in 8 areas, with a high of 14 in Teamwork
Physical – Not as gifted as Nicholas with 13 fitness and everything else below 10

02/12/2011 (BSS) - Woking 13-11-4 (3rd) @ Bishop's Stortford 11-8-8 (8th)
Weather: Drizzle 55 degreesAtt: 365Favorite: Woking pick 'em
LineupDMC - Martins
GK - O'BrienAMC - Uwezu
DC - R. Jones / CoxST - Whitwell / Hopkinson
MinuteFirst HalfScore
10thMatt Jones plays in a cross from the left and Hopkinson goes up above Sonner to win the ball, putting it on goal where Pidgeley tips it off the bar.
15tha scramble in the box after a corner sees Ricketts win the header over Hopkinson, Brady is there for the loose ball, but Pidgeley turns him away.
44thAndeele Martins takes an elbow to the ribs and goes down clutching his side. Orwubiko comes on to replace him. Arrrgh, hope it is not bad.
A quiet first half overall, but what few chances arise are all ours.
Second Half
60thHopkinson is drawing a lot of attention and he finds a wide open Whitwell who has an open corner and pushes it wide from close range.
62ndOur lack of finishing catches up as Adam Doyle plays it to Spencer, Spencer squares it in from the left and Ademola buries it to give Woking the lead.0-1
65thUwezu with a well played tackle, exchanges passes with Whitwell and Whitwell is again in on goal and hits a soft shot that is easily saved.
70thI sub out both wings with Nanetti for Brady on the left and newly acquired Scott in for Matt Barnes on the right.
79thThomas plays it down the line for Cunningham, the ball is centered and Ademola runs on to it unmarked, O'Brien has no chance and he scores.0-2
That goal totally deflates us and Woking plays keep away the final 10 minutes.
Final: Bishop's Stortford 0 - Woking 2MOM: Moses Ademola (Woking) 8.8
Possession: Bishop's Stortford 51/49Shots: Even 6-6
Goals (Woking): Ademole 62', 79'

This one hurts as we squandered some great chances in the first half and let them stay around. When you do that with a team like Woking that comes in with only 4 lossesd you are playing with fire. The loss drops us to 9th and as it is our only home match of the month, it would have been great to get the 3 points, but Ademole killed us. Andeele Martins has bruised ribs and will only be out 9-12 days...Thank you!!

02/15/2011 – Injury update
Good news as Andeele Martins is close to returning to training after his rib injury and AMC Harry Rubbins is now 2 weeks away from resuming training as he rehabs his Knee. Tony Diagne is still listed as being out long term.

Then I get the proverbial kick in the balls!! Tim Hopkinson has strained his back lifting weights and will be out 5-6 weeks….Dammit!!! There goes our offense! Duane Jackman will come up to replace Hopkinson.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:44 PM   #87
BYU 14
Coordinator

02/19/2011 (BSS) - Bishop's Stortford 11-8-9 (9th) @ Weston S-M 11-5-14 (11th)
Weather: Drizzle 55 degreesAtt: 365Favorite: Weston S-M 6-4
LineupDMC - Orwubiko
GK - O'BrienAMC - Uwezu
DL/R - Clare / R.JonesAML/R - Brady / Barnes
DC - Nicholas / CoxST - Whitwell / Jackman
MinuteFirst HalfScore
2ndBrady crosses to the post and Daniels tries to clear but the ball goes straight up. Whitwell gets above Rand and heads at goal hitting the post.
8thUwezu makes a nice run, playing a lovely bal to Brady who enters the penalty area, shoots from the left angle and puts it home!!!1-0
16thJustin Porter exchanges passed with Jukesm plays it ahead to Daniels, Daniels finds Sahr Kabba who one times it past O'Brien to square it up.1-1
26thUwezu starts the attack again coming forward and picking out Barnes on the wing, Barnes moves in on goal and slides it past the keeper!!2-1
31stBrady goes down away from the action and after brief treatment by the physio comes off. Nanetti comes on to replace him at AML.
35thDavenport moves down the wing for Weston and centers it into the box, Craggs goes above Clare and powers it past O'Brien for the goal.2-2
Second Half
46thOnly one sub at halftime as Matt Jones comes on for Ritchie Jones at DR as the latter has not had a good half of football.
51stMark Clare plays a high ball forward and Whitwell runs on to it on the flank, he cuts inside, pulls the keeper and finds Jackman who puts it to sleep!!3-2
62ndWhitwell tries to create some space in the final third and is tripped by Ricky Byrne. The referee calls Byrne over and shows him a yellow.
71stOrchard jinks past Orwubiko and centers it to Kabba who is free in the box, Kabba gets O'Brien going the wrong way and puts it home to tie it again.3-3
84thByrne left to Porter and Weston is building again, Porter into the area and Kabba is free again launching it past O'Brien for the hat trick.3-4
90thClare brings it forward and is looking for Nanetti down the flank, but he plays a poor pass and Nanetti fouls Byrne going after it and gets a yellow
Final: Bishop's Stortford 3 - Weston S-M 4MOM: Sahr Kabba (Weston S-M) 9.5
Possession: Weston S-M 54/46Shots: Weston S-M 14-8
Goals (Bishop's): Brady 8', Barnes 26', Jackman 51'
Goals (Weston super-Mare): Kabba 16', 71', 84', Craggs 35'

An exciting game, but a devastating loss as we had no answers for Kabba. If you had told me we score 3 and lose this match I would have laughed, but it is not funny right now. Brady’s injury will not keep him out of action luckily.

02/22/2011 - Honors
Michael Uwezu did a great job quarterbacking our attack and earns a spot on the Blue Square South team of the week.

02/23/2011 – Injury news
AMC Harry Rubbins resumes full training and will be ready to go by month’s end, which will allow us to play Uwezu at striker on occasion.

02/25/2011 – Injury news
The day before a huge match against 3rd place Hampton & Richmond Christian Nanetti suffers a strained thigh and will miss 4 weeks, further depleting our midfield!
Old 10-06-2011, 08:42 AM   #88
BYU 14
Coordinator

02/26/2011 (BSS) - Bishop's Stortford 11-9-10 (9th) @ Hampton & R 15-8-7 (3rd)
Weather: Gusty, Drizzle 51 degreesAtt: 391Favorite: Bishop's 6-4
LineupDMC - Orwubiko
GK - EyreAMC - Uwezu
DC - Nicholas / CoxST - Whitwell / Jackman
MinuteFirst HalfScore
9thAfter Evans gets a yellow for tripping Brady, Barnes sends in a free kick that our new signing Oliver Nicholas heads on goal, but Lovett saves it.
24thWhitwell draws the defense in and lays it off to Brady who fires, but Lovett knocks it away. Whitwell pounces on the rebound but can't hit it clean.
30thMatt Jones makes a run from deep until he is brought down by Jeffery who is called over and given a yellow for the foul.
35thNicholas picks up a loose ball after a corner and sends it back out to Brady, crossed in and Cox is there above Jeffery and we are on the board!!1-0
The final 10 minutes are quiet and at Halftime I sub Martins on for Orwubiko and young Gavin Scott on for Barnes at AMR
Second Half
49thDean Inman tries to clear the ball, but Uwezu poaches it and gets off a quick shot surprising the keeper, but it just skims the bar.
50thJackman gets a little too frisky with Moon in the Hampton end and brings him down after a tussle, bring a quick yellow.
70thIan Hodges looks to make a run and Nicholas trips him from behind. Without hesitation he is shown a red and sent off. Ritchie Jones on for Jackman.
82ndPlaying a man up, Hampton finally threaten as Allen-Page plays it to Dean Wells and Wells shoots top right corner. Eyre comes up big with the save.
6 grueling minutes of stoppage time, but we limit there chances and steal the win despite being down a man for the final 26 minutes.
Final: Bishop's Stortford 1 - Hampton & R 0MOM: Simon Cox (Bishop's) 8.3
Possession: Bishop's 55/45Shots: Hampton & R 9-7
Goals (Bishop's): Brady 8', Barnes 26', Jackman 51'
Goals (Hampton & Richmond): None

This could be a defining win for us heading into March being strong enough in the back to overcome Nicholas' sending off and win on the road against the 3rd place team in the league. Speaking of Oliver Nicholas, he will be suspended for our next match home to Welling, so I will probably go with Ritchie Jones next to Cox in the middle as he did a solid job when we went to a 4-4-1. Actually he is really the only choice I have

We will end February 6 points from a playoff spot, tucked comfortably in mid table with 11 matches to play.
Old 10-08-2011, 01:04 PM   #89
BYU 14
Coordinator

Just curious how this thread displays. I am on the road with my notebook (small screen) and the goal descriptions are displaying in a very narrow columnm in the middle of the screen, while at home they take up the full screen.

Just wondering if they are showing up in a legible format for others so I can change it if needed.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:31 PM   #90
BYU 14
Coordinator

March 2011

March 2011 Schedule
03/05/11 – (BSS) VS Welling
03/12/11 – (BSS) VS Eastleigh
03/19/11 – (BSS) @ Havant & Waterloo
03/22/11 – (BSS) VS Chelmsford
03/26/11 – (BSS) @ Ebbsfleet
03/26/11 – England VS Wales (Euro Championships)

Board Room
No change from last month as the board is still satisfied with my performance. The fans are still extremely happy with the signing of Tim Hopkinson, and still hate the signing of Adam Chicksen Squad harmony is still good and we are OK on finances.

Finances
We lost $58,660.00 last month and for the season now sit $412,862.00 in the red. Salaries for last month accounted for $53,839.00 of our expenses.

Training
Matt Barnes (Strength) Michael Uwezu (Tactics) and Coskun Ekim (Aerobic) all trained well over the past month, while Darren Brady (Tactics) Nick Morgan (Aerobic) and Steve Birks (Strength) did not. I really don’t even know why I am paying Birks at this point, so I transfer list him for $100.

Honors
DC Simon Cox is named to the Blue Square South team of the week

Injuries
Tim Hopkinson and Christian Nanetti are still a couple weeks away from returning. The March 16th reserve match vs Boston United is the target date.

Misc
Adam Chicksen is unhappy I changed his status from key player to important first team player, which was being kind. Are you kidding me? I tell him he has not earned key player status and he quickly backs down and is happy with our talk.

Blue Square South TableWonDrawnLostPoints
Ebbsfleet178659
Woking1512457
Hampton & Richmond158853
Eastleigh157952
Dover149851
Braintree1631251
Havant & W1311850
Chelmsford1461148
Bishop's Stortford1291045
Weston-super-Mare1261442
Farnborough1171340
Basingstoke1091339
Lewes1091239
St. Albans1081338
Dartford1071437
Boreham Wood9101237
Welling991336
Maidenhead7151036
Staines7131134
Bromley891533
Thurrock951832
Dorchester6101528

Still within striking distance of that 5th spot with 11 left, but Hopkinson being out will not it easy these next 2-3 weeks.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:35 PM   #91
BYU 14
Coordinator

03/05/2011 (BSS) - Welling 9-9-13 (17th) @ Bishop's Stortford 12-9-10 (9th)
Record vs Opponent 1-0-0Att: 343Favorite: Welling 5-4
Weather: Downpour 44 degreesDMC - Orwubiko
GK - EyreAMC - Uwezu
DC - Carter / CoxST - Whitwell / Jackman
MinFirst Half
10thOrwubiko passes to Brady, Brady brings it down the flank and puts it into the 6 yard box and Whitwell stretches to redirect and puts it past the keeper for the goal!! 1-0
28thPugh makes an amazing run through our defense in the rain after receiving a long ball from Wells and gets off a shot the Eyre smothers.
38thDarren Brady sets up for a corner and puts a nice ball to the near post the Whitwell heads on goal with Jeremy Bon making the save for Welling.
45thStoppage time as Barnes works it to the edge of the box and places a pintpoint pass in for Jackman who easily beats Bon to add to the lead just before half. 2-0
A solid first half in terrible conditions and we just have to avoid getting careless when the match resumes.
Second Half
51stJackman slips his man and enters the penalty area, picking out Brady who hits a onetime volley at the far post the Bon is able to parry.
57thCumbers finds open space and goes nearly half the pitch uncontested before unleashing a shot from the top of the area the Eyre saves and falls upon.
63rdBrady has been working hard on the left wing and I bring on Gavin Scott to relieve him, while Martins comes on at DMC for Orwubiko.
81stI bring on Clare for Chicksen, who has covered a lot of ground today and is starting to drag. I pull the line back and go into a defensive shell to ride out the match.
88thParkinson to Burns, ahead to Cumbers who advances in the rain and fires a quick shot that Eyre just knocks wide. We clear the subsequent corner and coast to victory.
Final: Bishop's Stortford 2 - Welling 0MOM: Matt Barnes (Bishop's) 8.5
Possession: Bishop's 59/41Shots: Bishop's 7-6
Goals (Bishop's): Whitwell 10', Jackman 45'
Goals (Welling): None

Michael Whitwell, who had been nearly 10 hours of play without a goal, breaks the drought to get us off to an early lead. Our possession was the big difference as we played our passes to the feet in the heavy rain and it worked out well. Both Barnes and Brady had an assist and it is as good a performance as we have gotten from the wings in some time. Still in 9th, but now 5 points out of 5th with 10 matches to play. Aaron Carter had a nice debut at DC with a rating of 7.5 and worked well with Simon Cox. This is a big relief with Diagne out long term.

03/08/11 – Honors
Matt Barnes makes the Blue Square South team of the week.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 10-10-2011 at 02:37 PM.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:03 PM   #92
BYU 14
Coordinator

03/12/2011 (BSS) - Eastleigh 15-7-10 (6th) @ Bishop's Stortford 13-9-10 (9th)
Record vs Opponent 0-0-1Att: 362Favorite: Bishop's 6-4
Weather: Gusty 44 degreesDMC - Orwubiko
GK - EyreAMC - Uwezu
MinFirst Half
10thOrwubiko comes up big with a block on Bogard, who has taken cross from Shaun McAuley and looked sure to score.
22ndSlabber plays to Riviere who strokes a 30 yard pass ahead to Daniel Bogard and Bogard is on the keeper, but can't strike it cleanly, a devastating miss.
27thBarnes plays a freekick in on goal after Brady is taken down and nearly scores as Matthews punches the ball away at the last second.
39thOrwubiko commits an unnecessary foul when he trips Graham, who he had tightly marked. The referee is quick to produce a yellow.
43rdJones strikes one down the line the Jackman runs onto, cuts inside, dribbles across the top of the area before putting just inches wide to the left.
Second Half
46thUwezu is gassed and is replaced by Rubbins, while I make my usual mid game switch at DMC with Martins on for Orwubiko.
51stMartins plays a long clearing pass out and Jackman races past the Eastleigh defense to pick it up. Without breaking stride Jackman breaks in and beats the the keeper!! 1-0
64thRubbins takes a hard knock and goes down holding his knee in pain. Gavin Scott comes on and I have to go to a 4-1-2-2-1 formation to fit the personel, this is bad.
80thPrecious Koko moves in and hits a low pass to Peter Adeniyi who blasts a vicious shot from just over 20 yards out that Eyre has no chance to save. 1-1
90thGoodhind takes a throw in as Eastleigh look to make one more attack, Slabber is upended by Carter, who gets a yellow. Nothing doing on the free kick as it ends tied.
Final: Bishop's Stortford 1 - Eastleigh 1MOM: Matt Jones (Bishop's) 7.4
Possession: Eastleigh 53/47Shots: Eastleigh 8-3
Goals (Bishop's): Jackman 51'
Goals (Welling): Adeniyi 80'

A disappointing draw as we generated no offense to speak of, save the long break to Jackman. Uwezu was fatigued early which prompted me to bring on Rubbins, who is not yet in form to lead the attack. Once he went out there was no catalyst in the final third and it showed as the wings were closed down and they had nowhere to go.

Injury
The news comes back on Rubbins and it is not good, out again, this time for 4 weeks with a twisted knee, ugh!

03/14/11 – Illness
Kevin O’Brien, who has now officially been supplanted by Eyre as our #1 Keeper has a cold and I send him home for a few days to recover.

03/16/11 – Training
Tim Hopkinson has resumed a full training workload after suffering a back strain. Great news, hopefully he is fit enough to come off the bench this Saturday, if only for 15-20 minutes. At least we have Hoppy back!!

03/18/11 – Training
Christian Nanetti is back in full training as well and we will be full strength to make a run the second half of the month.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:11 PM   #93
BYU 14
Coordinator

03/19/2011 (BSS) - Bishop's Stortford 13-10-10 (9th) @ Havant & W 13-12-9 (7th)
Record vs Opponent 0-0-1Att: 559Favorite: Havant & W 5-4
Weather: Dry 48 degreesDMC - Orwubiko
GK - EyreAMC - Uwezu
MinFirst Half
3rdMustafa Tiryaki passes ahead to Igoe, Igoe cuts inside and puts the ball on the feet of Ian Simpemba who gets off a volley that Eyre is able to save
7thAgus to Igoe, who is reaking havoc on our defense early, he passes to Tiryaki in the penlaty area and Tiryaki easily beats Eyre for the goal, this is not starting well. 0-1
13thFogden to Field, forward to Ryan Woods who takes it on the bounce and rifles a wicked shot in on goal that Eyre just gets his fingers on to turn over the bar.
25th Barnes up the right side, he exchanges passes with Orwubiko, then advances and sends a cross near post that Whitwell gets to and puts it past the keeper!! 1-1
32ndThe ball is headed out by Barnes giving Havant the corner. Igoe sends on an in swinging kick and Tiryaki gets his head on it, but it goes right to Eyre who hangs on.
Second Half
46thWhitwell is bushed, so I take him off and Tim Hopkinson makes his return as a replacement. He is not 100%, but he is more fit than Whitwell at this point.
51stTiryaki to Angus on the run and he advances into our third before he slips it to Igoe who uncorks a volley across the goal and Eyre makes a brilliant save.
54thSpurred to Eyre's save we counter and Jackman gets into space with the ball, splitting the defense, moving in on goal and knocking it into the back of the net!! 2-1
59thI bring Gavin Scott on for Barnes at AMR and take a chance by going from a passive counter tactic to an attacking on for the final 30 minutes.
74thClare on for Chicksen, Jackman makes a nice run into the box and passes to Brady, Brady centers and Uwezu sneaks in and hammers it home with the left foot!! 3-1
Final: Bishop's Stortford 3 - Havant & Waterloo 1MOM: Matt Barnes (Bishop's) 7.6
Possession: Havant & Waterloo 56/44Shots: Havant & Waterloo 14-7
Goals (Bishop's): Whitwell 25', Jackman 54', Uwezu 74'
Goals (Havant & W): Tiryaki 7'

This win is pretty big and to do it with really no contribution from Hopkinson is nice. Uwezu is stringing together some nice performances for us and I see him as a fixture at AMC at least until we get to the point we are contending for promotion to League 2.

Started with my defensive formation, but went with an in game strategy of counter and it worked well. Despite being out shot and basically outplayed, the chances we did get were all solid and we capitalized. Hopkinson and Nanetti are back from injury and we are 8th, but just 3 points out of a playoff spot with 8 to go. Our biggest issue is we only have a +4 goal differential, the worst of the contenders so we will just have to keep winning!
Old 10-15-2011, 11:17 AM   #94
BYU 14
Coordinator

One interesting note from one of the summaries is that Darren Brady covers an average of 7.4 miles every match, tops in Blue Square South.

03/20/2011 – Investment
I get good news that the board has injected $90,000 to help with the cost of running the club. None of it goes for transfers of course.

03/21/2011 – Ticket sales
Over 500 fans are expected for the upcoming match against Chelmsford, we will look to give the crowd a big win! They are just ahead of us in the standings, so that adds even more importance to this one.

03/22/2011 – Honors
AMC Michael Uwezu deservedly gets recognized, being named to the Blue Square South team of the week.

Injuries
Diagne and Rubbins are still a couple of weeks away from returning to training.

Personnel
I send Oliver ‘Red Card’ Nicholas down to the reserves and he is pissed about it. We have a heated conversation and nothing changes. Sorry, you had first crack and Aaron Carter has a 7.20 rating at DC. Hell it might be hard for Diagne to get back into the lineup when he returns if Carter keeps it up.

03/22/2011 (BSS) - Chelmsford 16-6-12 (7th) @ Bishop's Stortford 14-10-10 (8th)
Record vs Opponent 0-0-1Att: 515Favorite: Bishop's 6-4
Weather: gusty 42 degreesDMC - Martins
GK - EyreAMC - Uwezu
DL/R - Chicksen / R.JonesAML/R - Brady / Barnes
DC - Carter / CoxST - Whitwell / Hopkinson
MinFirst Half
26thUwezu does well to shake free and finds space but a nice tackle by Lock knocks the ball free, Whitwell is there to pick it up, he creates a lane and blasts it into the net! 1-0
27thMarlon Patterson is pick pocketed by Ritchie Jones and he does not react well hacking at Jone's shins and drawing a yellow card from Mr. Cooper.
34thMatt McClure takes a pass from John Martin and the Chelmsford striker lobs it over Eyre and it just nicks the bar bouncing over.
39thPatterson movess down the flank and place a low cross to the near post, McClure runs onto the pass, dips inside and beats Eyre to tie the match. 1-1
45thBarnes down the right side and Jones picks it up on the overlap, sending a volley across goal for Brady, who is toppled in the area by Haines, a sure penalty that is not given.
Second Half
46thWe are sucking air on the wings and Gavin Scott comes in for Barnes, while Christian Nanetti returns from injury to replace Brady.
46thHopkinson has been quiet thus far, but now draws the defense to him and connects with Whitwell in space, Whitwell chips it beautifully over the keeper and into the net! 2-1
51stNanetti picks off a pass and sends it to Uwezu who is free in the middle, Uwezu bears down on Fitzpatrick and shoots, but Fitzpatrick manages to tip it over the bar.
79thOrwubiko comes on for Martins. We have several players exhausted, but I need a presence with fresh legs at DMC the final 10 minutes as we look to shut up shop.
86thJones is given a yellow, but we launch a counter attack off the free kick with Uwezu setting the table for Chicksen, who curls it in on goal, with Fitzpatrick making the save.
Final: Bishop's Stortford 2 - Chelmsford 1MOM: Michael Whitwell (Bishop's) 8.8
Possession: Bishop's 52/48Shots: Bishop's 7-6
Goals (Bishop's): Whitwell 26', 46'
Goals (Chelmsford): McClure 39'

The fans are delighted as we beat our rivals in a physical, hard fought match that sees the return of Hoppy to the starting line-up, but it is Michael Whitwell that steals the thunder on this day.

With 7 matches to go we leapfrog Chelmsford into 7th, but are now just a single point from a spot in the playoffs with 55. Hampton and Richmond also have 55, but are ahead on goal differentional +14 to +5, while Dover is at 56 points +18 GD. Eastleigh is just 2 points ahead of us in 4th, but also has a much better GD at +17. It is going to come down to the wire from the looks of it.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:30 PM   #95
BYU 14
Coordinator

03/26/2011 (BSS) - Bishop's Stortford 15-10-10 (7th) @ Ebbsfleet 20-9-6 (1st)
Record vs Opponent 0-1-0Att: 1083Favorite: Ebbsfleet 4-7
Weather: Dry 50 degreesDMC - Orwubiko
GK - EyreAMC - Uwezu
DL/R - Chicksen / R.JonesAML/R - Brady / Barnes
MinFirst Half
5th Uwezu goes down and grabs his groin, he can't walk it off and has to come off. Jackman comes on and I have to go to a 4-3-3 with no pure AMC.
19thWrack finds the always dangerous Rickey Shakes and he makes a great run in space, carving up our defense and hanging Eyre out to dry with a great finish. 0-1
31stJackman and Hopkinson team up and as the defense closes on Hoppy he finds Orwubiko with a pinpoint pass that he one times with Edwards just tipping it over.
34thVarnavas plays it along the ground for Carew who enters the area and drives a blistering shot at goal that Eyre pushes to the side.
44thRaing now as Shakes finds Armstrong and then gets it right back. Shakes into the box and he fires from a tight angle, beating Eyre but putting it just wide.
Second Half
46thThe whole team is dragging but Orwubiko and Barnes are especially gassed, so off they go and Martins (DMC) and Scott (MR) come on.
62ndGinty plays it ahead to Eddie Sharman and our back line plays off, so Sharman uncorks a 30 yard rocket that finds the top corner, unbelievable! 0-2
76thClint Easton is on as a sub for Ebbsfleet and he is poison for us, this time he gets on the end of a cross from Shakes and heads it past Eyre, we are sinking. 0-3
78thWhitwell exchanges passes with Martins and holds up the ball finding Hopkinson, then to Jackman, back to Hopkinson who loses his man, fires and scores! 1-3
87thShakes again threatens the defense and comes forward playing a low cross to the far post, Clint Easton is on it and volleys from the angle netting his 2nd goal. 1-4
88thWe strike back immediately, but too little too late as Jackman runs on to Martins pass and twists free beating the Ebbsfleet keeper short side for the goal. 2-4
Final: Bishop's Stortford 2 - Ebbsfleet 4MOM: Ricky Shakes (Ebbsfleet) 8.7
Possession: Ebbsfleet 53/47Shots: Ebbsfleet 18-11
Goals (Bishop's): Hopkinson 78', Jackman 88'
Goals (Ebbsfleet): Shakes 19', Sharman 62', Easton 76', 87'

We had a chance to record a signature win, but it was not to be as we were too tired to run with the top team in the Blue Square South. The good news is we hold 7th place and are still only 2 points out of 5th with our first match in March away to Dover who hold that coveted spot. We beat them at our place 1-0 back in October, so hopefully we can duplicate that on the road as it would give our playoff chances a boost with 6 matches to go.

Injury
After the game I get a visit from Mark Fairhurst, who informs me that Michael Uwezu will be out around 4 weeks with his groin injury. Fuck, not what we need with a big push for the playoffs ahead. With Harry Rubbins also still out I will need to find an AMC to bring in.

03/29/2011 – Injury update
Tony Diagne is now ready to resume training and Harry Rubbins is close, but still not close enough to go without finding an AMC. Fairhurst is also saying Uwezu might be back in 2 weeks, which would be nice.

Contracts expiring
I get a list of players (value in parenthesis) whose deals expire in June
DL/C Stevland Angus 30 yrs old (1.5K)
GK Nick Morgan 25 yrs old (1.5K)
DR’s Ritchie Jones 20 yrs old ($180) and Matt Jones ($350) 26 yrs old
MC/AMC Reece Prestedge 23 yrs old ($200)

In addition to this, my entire coaching staff expires as well, which is fine as I am planning on an overhaul here. As far as the players, all are reserves except the Jones boys and I don’t plan on keeping any of them, though I may bring Prestedge up to fill the void at AMC if I can’t find anyone better.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:28 PM   #96
BYU 14
Coordinator

April - 2011

April 2011 Schedule
04/02/11 – (BSS) @ Dover
04/09/11 – (BSS) VS Basingstoke
04/16/11 – (BSS) @ Woking
04/23/11 – (BSS) VS St. Albans
04/25/11 – (BSS) @ Lewes
04/30/11 – (BSS) VS Dorchester

Not excited about the quick turnaround on the 25th, but we will deal with it. Hopefully I can use some reserves against St. Albans and get the W and save our best players for a tougher road test at Lewes.

Board Room
The board continues to be satisfied with my performance and is happy with the signing of Michael Uwezu, while the signing of Adam Chicksen is still regarded as a poor piece of business. Squad harmony is very good and we are OK on finances.

Finances
We lost 45.54K last month and for the season now sit 443.36K in the red. Salaries for last month accounted for $54,117.00 of our expenses.

Training
Michael Whitwell (Attacking) and Oliver Nicholas (Tactics) both trained well over the past month while Matt Jones (Aerobic) Gavin Scott (Tactics) and Charlie Simpson (Tactics) did not. Scott should be working his butt off to learn our system, so that disappoints me!

Blue Square South TableWonDrawnLostPoints
Ebbsfleet219672
Woking1812666
Eastleigh1791060
Braintree1931460
Dover1512957
Hampton & Richmond15111056
Bishop's Stortford15101155
Chelmsford1661454
Havant & W13131052
Farnborough1471549
Lewes12101446
Basingstoke11121345
Dartford1281644
Weston-super-Mare1281644
Welling11101543
Boreham Wood10131343
Maidenhead9161143
St. Albans1091739
Staines8141438
Bromley9111638
Thurrock1071937
Dorchester8121636
Old 10-16-2011, 04:29 PM   #97
BYU 14
Coordinator

04/02/2011 (BSS) - Bishop's Stortford 15-10-11 (7th) @ Dover 15-12-6 (5th)
Record vs Opponent 1-0-0Att: 698Favorite: Dover Pick 'em
Weather: Drizzle 46 degreesDMC - Orwubiko
GK - O'BrienAMC - Prestedge
MinFirst Half
7thNicolau passes to Ben Hunt outside of the area, Hunt plays it back to Wallis who steadies himself and launches a 35yd strike that O'Brien can't reach….goal. 0-1
15thWhitwell on the break plays a lovely ball to Tim Hopkinson and with only the keeper to beat Hopkinson finishes decisively and we are even!! 1-1
24th Adam Birchall takes a pass from Penny and has plenty of time to drive it home but can't beat O'Brien, who hold on for the save.
35thBarnes comes up with a great intercaption and looks to start another break, but is tripped up by Wynter who is shown a yellow by referee Ian Cooper.
42ndHunt has space in out final third and picks out Birchall who dribbles into the area and gets off a ferocious blast that O'Brien somehow parries away, nearly losing his head.
Second Half
46thOur usual pattern at DMC with Martins on for Orwubiko, we really need to find a fitter player here. I also bring on Tony Diagne for Carter at DC as I look to get him match fit.
59thOlly Schulz puts one far post that Jones partially deflects, but it gets behind him and Birchall buries it……but wait, the flag was up, offside no goal.
70thI bring on our last sub as Barnes is the most fatigued of our wingers so off he goes and Gavin Scott is on.
76thHunt to Hutton after a goal kick and Hutton gives Birchall a ball to run onto to. Birchall beats our back line, brings it in from the angle and beats O'Brien short side 1-2
81stFree kick is played to Prestedge and despite a poor game to this point he finds Hopkinson in the area who gets above Gillman and knocks it in on the header!!! Even!! 2-2
87thWallis takes the in swinging corner and Federico goes up and puts a header on goal, O'Brien dives and is able to reach the shot and hold it perserving the draw.
Final: Bishop's Stortford 2 - Dover 2MOM: Tim Hopkinson (Bishop's) 8.8
Possession: Bishop's 52/48Shots: Dover 10-7
Goals (Bishop's): Hopkinson 15', 81'
Goals (Dover): Wallis 7', Birchall 76'

A fair result on the road, however we are now 3 points out of a playoff spot as Hampton & Richmond vault Dover who falls to 6th, with 5 matches left. We remain in 7th place thanks to the late heroics of Tim Hopkinson in this game. Reece Prestedge grades out to a 5.9 at AMC in this game and it hurt our attack badly. We need help here and it appears to be on the way.

Transfer in
Adding to our depth at AMC we add under 20 Congo international Fabrice Otshudi 20 yrs old, worth 50K, who signs a deal for $95 per week through 2013. He will give the injury prone Rubbins a run for #2 AMC behind Uwezu.
Technical – Finishing and passing both 12, 7 or better in 7 over categories.
Mental – Influence 13, teamwork and workrate 12, 9 or better bravery, anticipation, OTB
Physical – Fitness 16 (yes!), acceleration 12, pace and balance 10

Injury update
AMC Harry Rubbins resumes full training, things are looking up in the midfield.

04/05/2011 – Honors
Tim Hopkinson is right back into the groove, earning a spot on the Blue Square South team of the week.

04/07/2011 – Injury
AML Darren Brady strains a groin in training, dammit!!! He will miss 4 weeks and though that hurts Gavin Scott has been playing well and Christian Nanetti is healthy, so we should be OK.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:09 PM   #98
BYU 14
Coordinator

04/09/2011 (BSS) - Basingstoke 12-12-13 (12th) @ Bishop's Stortford 15-11-11 (7th)
Record vs Opponent 0-0-1Att: 340Favorite: Bishop's 5-4
Weather: Drizzle 48 degreesDMC - Orwubiko
GK - EyreAMC - Otshudi
DL/R - Chicksen / M.JonesAML/R - Nanetti / Barnes
DC - Nicholas / CoxST - Whitwell / Hopkinson
MinFirst Half
35thAfter a slow start we get the first big chance on a corner as Barnes sends it is and there is a scramble in front, but Mimms falls on it for Basingstoke
45thHopkinson trips Tom Williamson out of frustration as the two have been going at it all day and this time Hoppy earns a yellow card
45thMartins comes on for Orwubiko who is nicked up just before halftime as this has been a physical contest since the opening whistle with Simon Cox also hurting.
Very uneventful first half with a lot of the action in the center of the pitch and a lot of bodies flying around.
Second Half
55thD'Ath goes down after a hard challenge by Martins and has to come out. Less than a minute later Basingstoke's Hankin is also hurt making a tackle and can't go on.
72ndWhitwell moves forward with the ball and is tripped up by Rice, who has commited several fouls today. This time Ian Cooper has seen enough and books him.
75thI make our final two substitutions as Scott is on for Barnes and Jackman comes on for Hopkinson who is also slightly nicked up. Now the fireworks start.
85thAndeele Martins plays a goal kick ahead for Jackman who races past the Basingstoke defense and uncorks a fierce drive into the top of the net!!! 1-0
88thLake makes a run and plays a superb pass ahead to Pattison running down the right flank, Pattison centers and Draper is alone and powers it past Eyre. 1-1
90thWe are midway through stoppage time when new debut Otshudi intercepts a pass and plays a through ball into the penalty area that Whitwell puts away, goooooal!!! 2-1
Final: Bishop's Stortford 2 - Basingstoke 1MOM: Fabrice Otshudi (Bishop's) 7.6
Possession: Bishop's 51/49Shots: Bishop's 8-7
Goals (Bishop's): Jackman 85', Whitwell 90'
Goals (Basingstoke): Draper 88'

85 minutes of chippy bullshit in the rain turns into the most exciting final 5 minutes we have seen all season. Otshudi is amazing in his debut, considering he had all of 4 training sessions with us and was the catalyst for the game winner.

Ebbsfleet is the first to clinch a playoff spot with a draw against St. Albans and we continue to sit in 7th, 2 points from 5th and 3 points from 4th.

Ebbsfleet - 73 points
Woking - 67 points
Braintree - 66 points
Hampton & Richmond - 62 points
Eastleigh - 61 points
------------------------
Dover - 61 points
Bishop's Stortford - 59 points
Chelmsford - 57 points
Havant & Waterloo - 56 points

Everyone else is effectively eliminated from playoff contention with 4 to play and our next match is against Woking.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:55 PM   #99
BYU 14
Coordinator

04/16/2011 (BSS) - Bishop's Stortford 16-11-11 (7th) @ Woking 18-13-7 (2nd)
Record vs Opponent 0-0-1Att: 1083Favorite: Woking 4-5
Weather: Breezy 46 degreesDMC - Orwubiko
GK - EyreAMC - Otshudi
DL/R - Chicksen / M.JonesAML/R - Scott / Barnes
MinFirst Half
9thGavin Scott collides with Ricketts and goes down. After being checked out he has to come off and is replaced by Nanetti.
22ndDiagne clears it behind and Ademola chips in the corner. Adam Doyle beats Barnes for the header and puts it on goal, Eyre is in position and makes the save.
26thNanetti long to Hopkinson, ahead to Otshudi breaking into the penalty area and Otshudi blasts it by the keeper for his first goal as a member of the Blues!!! 1-0
45thAdemola looks to build for Woking, Spencer makes a run and Ademola plays it in and Spencer beats Eyre and it goes in off the post, questionable offsides but it stands. 1-1
45thStoppage time and we have a little magic left as Qrwubiko takes it from Barnes and gets it to Nanetti, who scoots past Ricketts and scores right before the whistle!!! 2-1
Second Half
53rdCunningham takes it from Gilroy and enters the area, drawing the defense then laying it back into the 6 yard box where Gilroy runs on and hammers it in.. 2-2
63rdSpencer gets some space and plays it into the box for Cunningham who rifles a volley that Eyre is able to corral with a diving save.
64thWe are losing steam so I bring on Martins for Orwubiko at DMC and Jackman on for Whitwell at striker.
77thJackman is on the ball by the corner flag and lays it back to Diagne, crossed into the box and it is on goal forcing Pidgeley to make a leaping save, tipping the ball away.
80thSpencer is tripped by Matt Jones, giving Woking a free kick just outside the area. Ademola steps up and drives it on goal with Eyre making an acrobatic save.
81stAdemola takes the ensuing corner and Cunningham gets free and heads it past Eyre for the go ahead goal…. 2-3
90thHopkinson gets a great feed from Otshudi with stoppage time winding down and drives in a blistering shot that clatters off the woodwork and bounces away, so close!
Final: Bishop's Stortford 2 - Woking 3MOM: Jason Cunningham (Woking) 8.0
Possession: Bishop's 57/43Shots: Woking 16 -7
Goals (Bishop's): Otshudi 26', Nanetti 45'
Goals (Woking): Spencer 45', Gilroy 53', Cunningham 81'

A devastating loss as we lose the lead twice, then miss a late equalizer by inches. We are now 5 points out of a playoff spot with 3 to play and will need some help!!!

Honors
Both Michael Whitwell and Tim Hopkinson make the list of 10 finalists for Blue Square South player of the year. I vote for Ebbsfleet’s Clint Easton, though I think Hopkinson deserves it just as much and I hope he gets some votes from the other coaches.

04/17/2011 – Injury report
AMC Michael Uwezu resumes full training and should be back full strength for Lewes
Old 10-18-2011, 08:14 PM   #100
BYU 14
Coordinator

We are out for blood after the 3-0 thrashing St. Albans gave us at their place earlier this season, plus we have the added pressure/incentive of fighting for a playoff spot.

04/23/2011 (BSS) - St. Albans 11-11-17 (17th) @ Bishop's Stortford 16-11-11 (7th)

Record vs Opponent 0-0-1Att: 468Favorite: Bishop's pick 'em
Weather: Wet 51 degreesDMC - Orwubiko
GK - EyreAMC - Otshudi
DL/R - Chicksen / M.JonesAML/R - Scott / Barnes
MinFirst Half
17thDavis nicks the ball from Cox and cuts inside unleashing a blast as he enters the area, Eyre makes the save and the loose ball is cleared.
28thAdam Chicksen lofts a ball forward to Whitwell who is upended by Low. The referee calls Low over and shows him a yellow card.
30thEffiong attacks and plays it to Solomon Shields, back to Effiong, into the penalty area, vollied at the top of the goal and it bounces in off the cross bar. 0-1
45thHopkinson plays a 1-2 with Otshudi, then to Whitwell and back to Otshudi running down the middle, Otshudi is in space, shoots and goal!!!! He is making an impression. 1-1
45th+Shields plays it to the left wing to Randall, who is fairly tackled by Matt Jones. The referee calls Jones over and thankfully it is a yellow as the half ends.
Second Half
46thOtshudi played his ass off in the first half and is fatigued, so the returning Uwezu comes on at AMC. Martins for an injured Orwubiko at DMC, hopefully it is not bad.
52ndWe win a corner and Diagne steps up to take it. He plays an exceptional ball in high to Whitwell who bangs it in with a beauty of a header!!! 2-1
55thDoran is getting chippy with Gavin Scott down the wing and he trips him up as Scott looks to get past him, earning a booking.
59thAnother corner and this time Barnes takes it and it is Diagne on the other powering a header top shelf above St albans Ben Martin!! Breathing room. 3-1
69thA slow buildup sees things break as Uwezu plays a through ball to Whitwell who chips it over the keeper, off the bar and Barnes is there to clean it up, GOAL!!! 4-1
70thBarnes is brought off to a nice ovation for Nanetti and I look to take a breather for the final 20 minutes and play keep away.
89thHopkinson on a nice run inside, cuts into the area and is tripped by Smith. The referee points to the spot and the rout is complete as Martins hits the penalty! 5-1
Final: Bishop's Stortford 5 - St Albans 1MOM: Michael Whitwell (Bishop's) 8.9
Possession: Bishop's 60/40Shots: Bishop's 14 -8
Goals (Bishop's): Otshudi 45', Whitwell 52', Diagne 59', Barnes 69', Martins (pen) 89'
Goals (St Albans): Effiong 30'

Probably our most complete performance of the season and it is criminal I couldn’t have had 2 of those goals for Woking, sigh. The best part about this is that we got 5 goals and our strikers only got 1 of them, nice to see some support step up late in the year.

So here is how it sits with 2 matches to go
Braintree and Woking officially secure playoff spots with 70 points each. We remain in 7th, 5 points behind Dover and Eastleigh and even with Hampton and Richmond, who have us on goal differential.

Dover 67 points +23 GD, play away to Dartford (11th) & home to St Albans (20th)
Eastleigh 67 points +23 GD, play home to Hampton & R (6th) & away to Bromley (17th)
Hampton & R 62 points +14 GD, play away to Eastleigh (5th) & Home to Chelmsford (9th)
Bishop’s Stortford 62 points +7 GD, play away to Lewes (14th) & away to Dorchester (21st)

So we need one of the following to happen. Dover and Eastleigh lose both of their remaining matches and we are in regardless of what Hampton does.

Either Dover or Eastleigh lose both of their remaining games and Hampton draws one of theirs and we are in.

Not looking very good for us as Dover surely won’t lose at home to St Albans, who are staring down relegation. Our best bet is a Hampton win over Eastleigh followed by a draw or loss to Chelmsford and an Eastleigh loss to Bromley. All this contingent of course on us winning both our remaining games. FWIW we beat Lewes 2-0 at home in November and battled to a 1-1 draw with Dorchester away, also in November.

Injury
We will have to do all this without Orwubiko who injured his elbow and will miss both remaining matches.

Boardroom news
The board pump another $45,000 into the club to help with operating expenses, guess they have a little faith in where we are heading.