Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-15-2011, 06:50 PM   #1
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

2011-2012 Fall Schedules Announced

Upfront week starts with NBC.

NBC's Fall Schedule Revealed: Chuck's on the Move, 30 Rock Takes Pregnant Pause - TVLine

NBC's Fall Schedule Revealed: Chuck's on the Move, 30 Rock Takes Pregnant Pause

NBC is the first broadcast network to unveil its official game plan for the 2011-12 TV season, and the biggest news regarding returning shows is that Chuck's fifth and final season will unspool on Fridays at 8/7c, while 30 Rock starring and exec-produced by the pregnant Tina Fey will air its next cycle uninterrupted, though not until midseason. Also of note: Parks and Rec is returning to its 8:30 berth, while Parenthood is staying put on Tuesdays at 10 where last season it faced considerable competition.
Among the new fare, NBC's Maria Bello-fronted port of the UK's Prime Suspect has landed on Thursdays at 10; Up All Night (starring Christina Applegate, Maya Rudolph and Will Arnett) and Free Agents (Hank Azaria, Kathryn Hahn and Anthony Head) will form a new Wednesdays-at-8 comedy block; and the fantastical Grimm is leading out of Chuck on Fridays, effectively forming a night of genre TV.
On tap for midseason, in addition to 30 Rock: new cycles of Celebrity Apprentice and The Voice; the new comedies Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea, Bent and Best Friends Forever; and the new dramas Awake, Smash (which will air Mondays at 10, after The Voice), and The Firm (based on the John Grisham novel, yet to be cast).
Fall Preview: TVLine's Guide to Next Season's New Shows
All told, the NBC schedule looks like this; new shows are in CAPS, click for details:

MONDAY
8/7c The Sing-Off
10 pm THE PLAYBOY CLUB

TUESDAY
8 pm The Biggest Loser
10 pm Parenthood

WEDNESDAY
8 pm UP ALL NIGHT
8:30 pm FREE AGENTS
9 pm Harry's Law [new time slot]
10 pm Law & Order: Special Victims Unit

THURSDAY
8 pm Community
8:30 pm Parks and Recreation [new-ish time slot]
9 pm The Office
9:30 pm WHITNEY
10 pm PRIME SUSPECT

FRIDAY
8 pm Chuck [new time slot]
9 pm GRIMM
10 pm Dateline NBC

SATURDAY
Repeats Encore programming

SUNDAY
7 pm Football Night in America
8:15 pm NBC Sunday Night Football
NOT RETURNING NEXT SEASON: The Cape, Chase, The Event, Law & Order: Los Angeles, Outsourced and Perfect Couples

Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea, NBC
WHEN: Midseason
WHO: Laura Prepon (That '70s Show), Angel Laketa Moore (ER), Lenny Clarke (Rescue Me), Natalie Morales (Parks and Recreation), Jo Koy (Chelsea Lately) and others
WHAT: Handler's bestselling autobiography of the same name comes to life in this sitcom, which follows the slightly fictitious, oversexed lush Chelsea Hanson (Prepon) on the party-filled journey that is her 20s. Clarke plays Chelsea's dad, while Handler will recur as her own big sister.

Awake, NBC
WHO: Jason Isaacs (Brotherhood), Laura Allen (Terriers), Cherry Jones (24), Steve Harris (The Practice), Michaela McManus (The Vampire Diaries) and others
WHAT: Lone Star creator Kyle Killen takes another stab at a button-pushing series (fingers crossed!) with this Inception-style thriller about an injured cop (Isaacs) who wakes from an accident to find himself living in two separate realities.

Bent, NBC
WHO: Amanda Peet (Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip), David Walton (Perfect Couples), Jeffrey Tambor (Arrested Development)
WHAT: Peet stars as a recently divorced Type A single mom trying with all her might not to fall for the sexy contractor (Walton) re-doing her kitchen. Tambor plays the young stud's dad, a former actor who now plays piano in a Nordstrom lobby.

Best Friends Forever, NBC
WHO: Lennon Parham (Accidentally on Purpose), Jessica St. Clair (In the Motherhood), and others
WHAT: This comedy centers on a woman (Parham) and her new live-in boyfriend who take in her recently-divorced, abrasive (what else?) BFF (St. Clair).

Free Agents, NBC
WHEN: Wednesdays at 8:30
WHO: Hank Azaria (The Simpsons), Kathryn Hahn (Hung), Anthony Head (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Joe Lo Truglio (Reno 911!), and others
WHAT: Based on a UK series of the same name, this rom-com stars Azaria and Hahn as quirky PR execs who both are on the rebound but for very different reasons: He is a recent divorcé, and she just lost her fiancé. Head reprises his role from the UK version, as the duo's boss.

Grimm, NBC
WHEN: Fridays at 9 pm
WHO: David Giuntoli (Privileged), Sasha Roiz (Caprica), Silas Weir Mitchell (Prison Break), Kate Burton (Grey's Anatomy) and others
WHAT: This one's a little confusing, so follow closely: Giuntoli stars in this fantastical dark drama as Nick, a detective whose mission is to protect humans living in a world where Grimm's Fairy Tale characters actually exist. Mitchell will play the series lead creature, a reformed big, bad wolf; Roiz is the police captain; Burton is Nick's aunt, who possesses dark secrets of her own.

The Playboy Club, NBC
WHEN: Mondays at 10 pm
WHO: Amber Heard (Zombieland), Eddie Cibrian (CSI: Miami), David Krumholtz (Numb3rs), ,Jenna Dewan-Tatum (Step Up), Laura Benanti (Eli Stone) and others
WHAT: This drama goes inside the infamous Playboy Club in 1960s Chicago, telling the story of the rise and fall of the first Playboy bunnies. Krumholtz plays the club's general manager, Cibrian a member/attorney/mob fixer.

Prime Suspect, NBC
WHEN: Thursdays at 10 pm
WHO: Mario Bello (ER), Aidan Quinn (Canterbury's Law), Kirk Acevedo (Fringe) and others
WHAT: Bello stars in this U.S port of the acclaimed, Helen Mirren-fronted British series, playing an irreverent female detective struggling to make her mark in a male-dominated New York precinct

Smash, NBC
WHO: Debra Messing (Will & Grace), Katharine McPhee (American Idol), Anjelica Huston (Medium) and others
WHAT: It's Glee graduates! Messing leads this dramedy which follows a myriad of characters who come together to achieve one common goal: Putting on a Broadway-bound Marilyn Monroe musical!

Up All Night, NBC
WHEN: Wednesdays at 8 pm
WHO: Christina Applegate (Samantha Who?), Maya Rudolph (Saturday Night Live), Will Arnett (Arrested Development) and others
WHAT: Executive-produced by SNL vets Emily Spivey and Lorne Michaels, this comedy follows the lives of a caustic working-mom (Applegate), her stay-at-home hubby (Arnett), and her opinionated parents.

Whitney, NBC
WHEN: Thursdays at 9:30 pm
WHO: Whitney Cummings (Comedy Central), Chris D'Elia (Glory Daze), Beverly D'Angelo (Entourage) and others
WHAT: Cummings plays one-half of a handsome young couple in this comedy that examines the ups-and-downs of maintaining a true-blue relationship in today's wonky society.

Last edited by Bearcat729 : 05-15-2011 at 08:37 PM.
Bearcat729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 06:55 PM   #2
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Interesting on Tina Fey being pregnant. I just read her book, Bossypants, and she ends the book with a discussion on if she should have another child...

Glad 30 Rock is coming back though.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 07:31 PM   #3
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Interesting...Grimm sounds cool which I'm sure will mean it gets shit ratings and gets canceled.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:20 PM   #4
General Mike
Pro Starter

Glad Chuck is coming back, even if it is in the death spot.
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:32 PM   #5
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Mike View Post

I guess they figure it's the show's last year so it doesn't really matter? Makes sense in a lot of ways...
Old 05-16-2011, 06:15 AM   #6
Easy Mac

I can't be the only one who has absolutely no interest in the new shows.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 07:28 AM   #7
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

>>Peet stars as a recently divorced Type A single mom trying with all her might not to fall for the sexy contractor (Walton)<<

What? Did Tony Danza die?
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 07:45 AM   #8
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

SUNDAY
NOT RETURNING NEXT SEASON: Football
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 08:47 AM   #9
Easy Mac

Fox Announces 2011-2012 Schedule

Foxy time. Interesting that Alcatraz is midseason. I see 3 shows I'll watch: Terra Nova (to see if its a fuster-cluck), Bones (habit), and Fringe (awesome).

Compare that to 6 nbc shows: SVU, Chuck, Community, P&R, the Office, and possibly Up All Night (b/c I love Will Arnett and Christina Applegate). Grimm is a maybe (if done right), and Awake will be interesting for mid-season, the 1 minute preview seemed nice.

Quote:
MONDAYS
8-9PM: 'Terra Nova' *new
9-10PM: 'House'

TUESDAYS
8-9PM: 'Glee'
9-9:30PM: 'New Girl' *new
9:30-10PM: 'Raising Hope'

WEDNESDAYS
8-9:30PM: 'The X Factor' (performance show) *new
9:30-10PM: 'I Hate My Teenage Daughter' *new

THURSDAYS
8-9PM: 'The X Factor' (results show) *new
9-10PM: 'Bones'

FRIDAYS
8-9PM: 'Kitchen Nightmares'
9-10PM: 'Fringe'

SATURDAYS
8-8:30PM: 'Cops'
8:30-9PM: 'Cops'
9-10PM: Encores/'America's Most Wanted' Specials

SUNDAYS
7-7:30PM: 'The OT' (NFL post-game)
7:30-8PM: 'The Cleveland Show'
8-8:30PM: 'The Simpsons'
8:30-9PM: 'Allen Gregory' *new
9-9:30PM: 'Family Guy'
9:30-10PM: 'American Dad'

Debuting at mid-season will be 'Alcatraz' from J.J. Abrams, the 'Bones' spinoff 'Finder' and the animated 'Napoleon Dynamite.' The 11th season of 'American Idol' will premiere Sun., Jan. 22 before occupying its same Wednesday and Thursday slots on the schedule.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:13 AM   #10
Swaggs
Coordinator

With Will Arnett getting a decent looking sit-com, with some star power in Applegate and presumably a long NBC leash since it is produced by Lorne Michaels, I would assume he is a no-go for the Office.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:56 AM   #11
MrBug708
Head Coach

I hate my teenage daughter? I'm guessing this wont be a happy family values meeting
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:08 AM   #12
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
With Will Arnett getting a decent looking sit-com, with some star power in Applegate and presumably a long NBC leash since it is produced by Lorne Michaels, I would assume he is a no-go for the Office.

Yeah. But hopefully that will be a good sit-com, and not him just playing Gob in a new setting.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:27 AM   #13
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I'm not sure there's a new NBC fall show on that list that I expect to make it to a second season, Up All Night maybe the closest just because of the likely investment they've made in the first season. My bet is on Playboy Club to be the first to die.

Then again, it's NBC, so pretty much anything to fill time works for them.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:55 PM   #14
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Mike View Post

They are giving the fans that have stuck with it their deserved 13 episode send off. Fine enough for me, plus it will get them into a decent amount for syndication.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 04:59 PM   #15
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
SUNDAY
NOT RETURNING NEXT SEASON: Football
This made me laugh way too hard.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:15 AM   #16
Easy Mac

Last edited by Easy Mac : 05-17-2011 at 08:21 AM.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:22 AM   #17
Easy Mac

I guess the board doesn't like my post.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:35 PM   #18
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

Fall TV Preview ABC Schedule: Cougar Town MIA for Fall, Charlie's Angels Lands on Thursday - TVLine

ABC Fall Schedule Revealed: Cougar Town Corked Until Winter, Angels Land on Thursday

Matt Webb Mitovich
ABC is the latest network to show its hand for the 2011-12 TV season, and it features a resting place for Charlie’s Angels, a conspicuously absent Cougar Town, and one relocated long-running series.
As seen below, ABC’s Angels redo has scored the Thursdays-at-8 time slot leading into Grey’s Anatomy, a semi-heavenly perch that can quickly turn to hell once American Idol shows up at midseason.
Speaking of midseason, that’s where Cougar Town will uncork its third cycle, airing Tuesdays at 9 in between Dancing With the Stars competitions. In the Cul de Sac Crew’s stead, the midseason crowd-pleaser Happy Endings will lead out of Modern Family.
Fall TV Preview: Our Guide to Next Season’s New Shows
Also on hold for later debuts are the brand-new series Apartment 23 (to air Tuesdays after Cougar Town, between DWTS seasons), Good Christian Belles, Missing, The River, Scandal (from Grey’s creator Shonda Rhimes) and Work It.
Other scheduling of note: Bumped by another kind of fairy tale drama (Once Upon a Time), Extreme Makeover is moving its bus from Sundays to the Friday lead-off slot, where it will feed into Shark Tank. Claiming Brothers & Sisters‘ Sundays-at-1o spot is Pan Am, the new retro drama starring Christina Ricci.

New shows are in CAPS; click links for cast/plot details.
MONDAY
8/7c Dancing with the Stars
10 pm Castle

TUESDAY
8 pm LAST MAN STANDING
8:30 pm MAN UP
9 pm Dancing with the Stars Results Show
10 pm Body of Proof

WEDNESDAY
8 pm The Middle
8:30 pm SUBURGATORY
9 pm Modern Family
9:30 pm Happy Endings [new time slot]
10 pm REVENGE

THURSDAY
8 pm CHARLIE’S ANGELS
9 pm Grey’s Anatomy
10 pm Private Practice

FRIDAY
8 pm Extreme Makeover: Home Edition [new time slot]
9 pm Shark Tank [new time slot]
10 pm 20/20

SATURDAY
8 pm Saturday Night College Football

SUNDAY
7 pm America’s Funniest Home Videos
8 pm ONCE UPON A TIME
9 pm Desperate Housewives
10 pm PAN AM

NOT RETURNING NEXT SEASON: Better With You, Brothers & Sisters, Detroit 1-8-7, Mr. Sunshine, My Generation, No Ordinary Family, Off the Map, The Whole Truth and V.

Apartment 23, ABC
WHEN: Midseason; Tuesdays at 9:30 pm
WHO: Dreama Walker (The Good Wife), Krysten Ritter ('Til Death), James Van Der Beek (Dawson's Creek), and others
WHAT: Walker leads this comedy as June, a sweet Southern gal straight from the heartland, who is forced to shack-up with amoral New York party girl Chloe (Ritter). Beek co-stars as a caricature of his real-life self, and the best friend of Chloe.

Charlie's Angels, ABC
WHEN: Thursdays at 8 pm
WHO: Minka Kelly (Friday Night Lights), Rachael Taylor (Grey's Anatomy), Annie Ilonzeh (General Hospital), Ramon Rodriguez (The Wire)
WHAT: Charlie's drop-dead gorgeous gang of lady detectives are back in this reboot of the 1970s classic, now set in Miami. Need we say more? Rodriguez is the (very) new Bosley; big-screen Angel Drew Barrymore is an executive producer on the project.

Last Man Standing, ABC
WHEN: Tuesdays at 8 pm
WHO: Tim Allen (Home Improvement), Nancy Travis (The Bill Engvall Show) and Hector Elizondo (Chicago Hope)
WHAT: Allen stars as a man fighting for his, um, manhood in world that seems to be increasingly dominated by women -- including his own wife (Travis).

Man Up, ABC
WHEN: Tuesdays at 8:30 pm
WHO: Chris Moynihan (Coupling), Henry Simmons (NYPD Blue), Teri Polo (Meet the Parents), Amanda Detmer (Private Practice), Mather Zickel (The Cape) and others
WHAT: Moynihan takes the lead in this comedy that offers a look into what it takes for a man to survive in today's crazy world. His life lessons are told through the eyes of three best buds and the women in their lives.

Once Upon a Time, ABC
WHEN: Sundays at 8 pm
WHO: Jennifer Morrison (House), Ginnifer Goodwin (Big Love), Lana Parrilla (Swingtown), Robert Carlyle (Stargate Universe) and others
WHAT: Lost producers Eddy Kitsis and Adam Horowitz are at the helm of this new fantastical new drama, where Snow White (Goodwin) and the Evil Queen (Parrilla) actually exist -- unbeknownst to them -- and Morrison's Anna holds the key to giving everyone their happily ever after.

Pan Am, ABC
WHEN: Sundays at 10 pm
WHO: Christina Ricci (Monster), Michael Mosley (Justified), Kelli Garner (My Generation), Jonah Lotan (CSI: NY) and others
WHAT: Former Jack Orman (ER) and Tommy Schlamme (The West Wing) are exec-producing this sexy, jet-setting soap, which follows the circa-1960s pilots and flight attendants working for the iconic Pan Am Airlines.

Revenge, ABC
WHEN: Wednesdays at 10 pm
WHO: Emily Van Camp (Brothers & Sisters), Connor Paolo (Gossip Girl), Nick Wechsler (Roswell), Josh Bowman (Make It or Break It) and others
WHAT: In this modern-day telling of literary classic The Count of Monte Cristo but from the female perspective, Van Camp stars as a mysterious woman who travels to the Hamptons to exact revenge on the people who destroyed her family.

The River, ABC
WHO: Bruce Greenwood (John from Cincinnati), Leslie Hope (24), Eloise Mumford (Lone Star), Joe Anderson (The Crazies) and others
WHAT: From the terrifying mind of Paranormal Activity creator Oren Peli comes this horror drama set deep in the Amazon, as a family sets out to rescue their missing father.

Scandal, ABC
WHO: Kerry Washington (Ray), Henry Ian Cusick (Lost), Tony Goldwyn (Ghost), Guillermo Diaz (Mercy), Columbus Short (Studio 60), Darby Stanchfield (NCIS) and others
WHAT: Grey's Anatomy/Private Practice creator Shonda Rhimes is at it again with this ensemble drama based on the real-life career of famed crisis management consultant Judy Smith. Washington takes the lead at the legendary "fixer," lording over a hodgepodge of a staff.

Suburgatory, ABC
WHEN: Wednesdays at 8:30 pm
WHO: Jeremy Sisto (Law & Order), Jane Levy (Shameless), Alan Tudyk (Firefly), Cheryl Hines (Curb Your Enthusiasm) and others
WHAT: The young Levy stars as the quintessential New York City teen whose life takes a "horrific" turn when she's forced to move to the 'burbs with her dad (Sisto). Tudyk is one of Dad's buds, while Hines plays a plastic surgery-enhanced friend of the fam.

Work It, ABC
WHO: Amaury Nolasco (Prison Break), Ben Koldyke (How I Met Your Mother), Rebecca Mader (Lost), and others
WHAT: Like men in drag? Nolasco and Koldyke play two out-of-work car salesmen who decide that instead of simply looking for new jobs, they should dress up as women and find work as pharmaceutical reps. Mader plays a bitchy co-worker.

Good Christian Belles, ABC
WHO: Leslie Bibb (Popular), Kristin Chenoweth (Pushing Daisies), David James Elliott (JAG), Annie Potts (Designing Women) and others
WHAT: Say hello to your new desperate housewives -- Southern-style. Bibb plays Amanda, a divorced mom of two and a reformed "mean girl," who returns to her hometown with one goal: Winning over her former tormentees classmates, Chenoweth included. Elliott plays Chenoweth's hubby.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:59 PM   #19
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post

was much more excited when i thought Will Arnett was Fred Armisen
Old 05-18-2011, 07:57 AM   #20
Easy Mac

CSI moves to Wednesday night. More like "where are you, where where, where where?", am I right? Also, the good wife survives, with a move to Sunday.

CBS 2011-12 Primetime Schedule Revealed - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers

Quote:
MONDAY

8:00-8:30 PM How I Met Your Mother

8:30-9:00 PM 2 BROKE GIRLS (N)

9:00-9:30 PM Two and a Half Men

9:30-10:00 PM MIKE & Molly

10:00-11:00 PM Hawaii Five-0

TUESDAY

8:00-9:00 PM NCIS

9:00-10:00 PM NCIS: LOS ANGELES

10:00-11:00 PM UNFORGETTABLE (N)

WEDNESDAY

8:00-9:00 PM SURVIVOR: SOUTH PACIFIC

9:00-10:00 PM Criminal Minds

10:00-11:00 PM CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION (NT)

THURSDAY

8:00-8:30 PM The Big Bang Theory

8:30-9:00 PM HOW TO BE A GENTLEMAN (N)

9:00-10:00 PM PERSON OF INTEREST (N)

10:00-11:00 PM The Mentalist

FRIDAY

8:00-9:00 PM A GIFTED MAN (N)

9:00-10:00 PM CSI: NY

10:00-11:00 PM Blue Bloods

SATURDAY

8:00-8:30 PM Rules of Engagement (NT)

8:30-9:00 PM COMEDYTIME SATURDAY

9:00-10:00 PM CRIMETIME SATURDAY

10:00-11:00 PM 48 Hours Mystery

SUNDAY

7:00-8:00 PM 60 Minutes

8:00-9:00 PM THE Amazing Race

9:00-10:00 PM The Good Wife (NT)

10:00-11:00 PM CSI: MIAMI

The new 2011-2012 schedule is as follows:

On Monday, the veteran How I Met Your Mother returns at 8:00 PM, to provide a strong lead-in for another young comedy, 2 BROKE GIRLS, at 8:30 PM. Ashton Kutcher joins the cast of the top-rated comedy, Two and a Half Men, at 9:00 PM, followed by returning freshman hits MIKE & Molly at 9:30 PM and Hawaii Five-0 at 10:00 PM.

On Tuesday, the #1-rated scripted series, NCIS, returns at 8:00 PM followed by the #2-rated scripted series, NCIS: LOS ANGELES, at 9:00 PM, providing a powerful lead-in to the new drama, UNFORGETTABLE, at 10:00 PM.

On Wednesday, SURVIVOR returns to the time period it improved 100% in viewers last season (8:00 PM). Criminal Minds, one of the top-rated dramas on television, is back at 9:00 PM, and is paired with CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION to form a strong two-hour crime drama block from 9:00-11:00 PM.

On Thursday, CBS adds a new comedy and drama to the middle of the line-up, book-ended by two established hit series: television’s #1 comedy, The Big Bang Theory, returns at 8:00 PM, providing a strong lead-in to the new comedy, HOW TO BE A GENTLEMAN. J.J. Abrams’ new crime-thriller, PERSON OF INTEREST, joins the line-up at 9:00 PM, followed by the time-period winning drama, The Mentalist, as the night’s strong anchor at 10:00 PM.

On Friday, CBS’s time-period winning, two-hour New York police drama block returns from 9:00-11:00 PM with CSI: NY and Blue Bloods. A unique new series opens the night at 8:00 PM with A GIFTED MAN, a medical drama with a spiritual twist.

On Saturday, original programming opens the night at 8:00 PM with Rules of Engagement, which will be paired with COMEDYTIME at 8:30 PM, featuring encore broadcasts of CBS comedies. The successful duo of CRIMETIME at 9:00 PM and the time period-winning 48 Hours Mystery at 10:00 PM closes the night.

Sunday night has an award-winning flare. The acclaimed and always top-rated 60 Minutes opens at 7:00 PM, followed by the seven-time Emmy Award winning series, THE Amazing Race, at 8:00 PM, leading into the critically acclaimed, award-winning drama, The Good Wife, at 9:00 PM. The always successful CSI: MIAMI caps the night at 10:00 PM.

The New Dramas are:

UNFORGETTABLE stars Poppy Montgomery as Carrie Wells, an enigmatic former police detective with a rare condition that makes her memory so flawless that every place, every conversation, every moment of joy and every heartbreak is forever embedded in her mind. It’s not just that she doesn’t forget anything – she can’t; except for one thing: the details that would help solve her sister’s long-ago murder. Carrie has tried to put her past behind her, but she’s unexpectedly reunited with her ex-boyfriend and partner, NYPD Detective Al Burns (Dylan Walsh), when she consults on a homicide case. His squad includes Det. Mike Costello (Michael Gaston), Al’s right-hand man; Detective Roe Saunders (Kevin Rankin), the junior member of the team; and Detective Nina Inara (Daya Vaidya), a sassy, street-smart cop. Being back on the job after a break feels surprisingly right for Carrie. Despite her conflicted feelings for Al, she decides to permanently join his unit as a detective solving homicides – most notably, the unsolved murder of her sister. All she needs to do is remember. Ed Redlich, John Bellucci, Sarah Timberman and Carl Beverly are executive producers for Sony Television Studios in association with CBS Television Studios.

PERSON OF INTEREST stars Jim Caviezel, Emmy Award winner Michael Emerson and Academy Award nominee Taraji P. Henson in a crime thriller about a presumed dead former-CIA agent who teams up with a mysterious billionaire to prevent violent crimes by using their own brand of vigilante justice. Reese’s (Caviezel) special training in covert operations appeals to Finch (Emerson), a software genius who invented a program that uses pattern recognition to identify people about to be involved in violent crimes. Using state-of-the-art surveillance technology, the two work outside of the law using Reese’s adept skills and Finch’s unlimited wealth to unravel the mystery of the person of interest and stop the crime before it happens. Reese’s actions catch the attention of the NYPD, including homicide detective Carter (Henson), and Fusco (Kevin Chapman), a cop who Reese uses to his advantage. With infinite crimes to investigate, Reese and Finch find that the right person, with the right information, at the right time, can change everything. Emmy Award winners J.J. Abrams and Bryan Burk (“Lost”), Academy Award nominee Jonathan Nolan (“Memento”), David Semel (“Heroes”) and Greg Plageman (“Cold Case”) are the executive producers for Warner Bros. Television.

A GIFTED MAN is a drama about a brilliant, charismatic surgeon whose life changes forever when his deceased ex-wife begins teaching him the meaning of life from the “hereafter.” Michael Holt (Patrick Wilson) is an exceptional doctor who lives a materialistic life of luxury thanks to his work-obsessed career and powerful and wealthy patients; however, Michael’s ordered world is rocked when his ex-wife, Anna (Jennifer Ehle), an idealistic free-clinic doctor and the love of his life, mysteriously appears to him. Michael’s off-beat sister, Christina (Julie Benz), a single mom to her teenaged son, Milo (Liam Aiken), is thrilled that Anna’s back in her brother’s life, even as an “illusion,” because Michael was always a better person with her. Curious about Michael’s sudden change in behavior is his efficient assistant, Rita (Margo Martindale). When Anna asks Michael to go to her clinic to help keep it running, he meets Autumn (Afton Williamson), a volunteer carrying on Anna’s work with the underprivileged. Touched by those in need and accepting of Anna’s compassionate “presence,” Michael’s attitude toward serving the rich and poor is turned upside down, and he begins to see that there’s room in his life for everyone. Academy Award nominee Susannah Grant (“Erin Brockovich”), Academy Award winner Jonathan Demme (“The Silence of the Lambs”), Sarah Timberman, Carl Beverly and Neal Baer (“ER”) are executive producers for CBS Television Studios.

The New Comedies are:

2 BROKE GIRLS is a comedy about two young women waitressing at a greasy spoon diner who strike up an unlikely friendship in the hopes of launching a successful business – if only they can raise the cash. Sassy, streetwise Max (Kat Dennings) works two jobs just to get by, one of which is waiting tables during the night shift at the retro-hip Williamsburg Diner. Sophisticated Caroline (Beth Behrs) is an uptown trust fund princess who’s having a run of bad luck that forces her to reluctantly give waitressing a shot. At first, Max sees Caroline as yet another in a long line of inept servers she must cover for, but she’s surprised to find that Caroline has as much substance as she does style. When Caroline discovers Max’s knack for baking amazing cupcakes, she sees a lucrative future for them, but they first need to raise the start-up money. While they save their tips, they’ll stay at the restaurant, working with Oleg (Jonathan Kite), an overly flirtatious Russian cook; Earl (Garrett Morris), a 75-year-old kool-kat cashier; and Han Lee (Matthew Moy), the new, eager-to-please owner of the diner. Working together, these two broke girls living in one expensive city might just find the perfect recipe for their big break. Michael Patrick King (“Sex and the City”) and writer-comedian Whitney Cummings (“Chelsea Lately”) are executive producers for Warner Bros. Television.

HOW TO BE A GENTLEMAN, inspired by the book of the same name, is a comedy about the unlikely friendship between a traditional, refined writer and an unrefined personal trainer. Andrew Carlson (David Hornsby) is an etiquette columnist whose devotion to ideals from a more civilized time has lead to a life detached from modern society. Infectiously optimistic, Bert Lansing (Kevin Dillon) is a reformed “bad boy” from Andrew’s past who inherited a fitness center, but can still be rude, loud and sloppy. When Andrew’s editor, Jerry (Dave Foley), tells him to put a modern, sexy twist on his column or be fired, he hires Bert as a life coach in the hopes of learning to be less “gentle man” and more “real man.” Andrew’s mom, Diane (Nancy Lenehan), and his bossy sister, Janet (Mary Lynn Rajskub), support the plan, as would Janet’s husband, Mike (Rhys Darby), if he was allowed to have an opinion. Though Andrew and Bert’s views may be centuries apart, they may find they’re each other’s missing link. David Hornsby (“It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia”), Adam Chase (“Friends”), Ted Schachter (“The Invention of Lying”), Joe Hipps and Modi Wiczyk are executive producers for CBS Television Studios.

The New Midseason Series:

From Robert De Niro and Jane Rosenthal comes THE 2-2, which follows six diverse NYPD rookies as they patrol the gritty streets of upper Manhattan. The new trainees include Jennifer “White House” Perry (Leelee Sobieski), a former college volleyball star and Marine MP in Iraq with a take-charge attitude; Ray “Lazarus” Harper (Adam Goldberg), the oldest rookie and a former police news reporter with better sources than many seasoned cops; Tonya Sanchez (Judy Marte), who comes from a family with a criminal history and has a very personal connection inside the force; Ahmad “Kiterunner” Kahn (Tom Reed), an Afghani native who fought his way to freedom; Kenny McClaren (Stark Sands), a fourth-generation police officer with great instincts but qualms about joining the force; and Jayson Toney (Harold House Moore), a young basketball legend who squandered his opportunity in the NBA. Their demanding Field Training Officer, Daniel “Yoda” Dean (Terry Kinney), is a case-hardened, unsentimental veteran of the force who emphasizes basics and holds each cop accountable for their actions. With unique backgrounds, personalities and reasons for being on the force, the new cops will make their share of rookie mistakes while they figure out how to relate to their boss, each other and to the people they swore to protect. Two-time Academy Award winner Robert De Niro (“The Godfather: Part II,” “Raging Bull”), Jane Rosenthal (“Meet the Parents”), Academy Award nominee Richard Price (“The Color of Money”), Ken Sanzel (“Numb3rs”) and James Mangold (“Walk the Line”) are executive producers for CBS Television Studios in association with Tribeca Productions. The pilot was directed by James Mangold.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:08 AM   #21
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Fairly unimpressed by the new CBS shows - the Caveziel one looks like maybe the best of the bunch as a "popcorn show." Looks like "Rules of Engagement" is getting the death-slot on Saturday night - that can't be a good sign...which is a shame because I think the show is funny (if predictable).
Old 05-18-2011, 09:28 AM   #22
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Why is it that I can see a 30 second commercial for a show and know it is going to be a dud, yet network execs who make millions and spend millions producing the show can't figure it out?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 08:54 AM   #23
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Can't blame NBC for cancelling The Event. The show was going downhill until the final 3 episodes.

The reveal in the final episode was nice.

Spoiler

I do hope it gets picked up by someone, if only for one more season.
Old 05-24-2011, 11:17 AM   #24
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Why is it that I can see a 30 second commercial for a show and know it is going to be a dud, yet network execs who make millions and spend millions producing the show can't figure it out?

It depends, I guess. There are shows that I thought would be a complete dud that ended up lasting for years (King of Queens, really?)

That being said, on the NBC lineup, I want to see 2 Broke Girls because Kat Dennings be in it, & Person of Interest looks good (JJ Abrams, woot!)