Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-12-2011, 08:41 PM   #1
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Who The Hell Are You? 2011 Edition

I saw this in the FOFC Archives and thought it'd be pretty cool if we had an updated version:

1. What is your first name?
2. What does your online name mean?
3. What City do you live in?
4. How old are you?
5. What team do you root for and why?
6. What do you do for a living or are you in school?
7. How long have you been playing FOF?
8. How did you find out about this website?
9. Something interesting about you?

Last edited by Dodgerchick : 07-12-2011 at 08:42 PM.
Dodgerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:56 PM   #2
Groundhog
Coordinator

1. What is your first name? - Angus
2. What does your online name mean? - When I first came here - I believe to discuss the Fastbreak College or Pro sim rather than FOF - I tried to register with Goose, which has been my nickname since HS. That nick was taken (and last used in 2008), and I happened to be listening to the Primus track 'Groundhog's Day' at the time, so I went with that. I used it on some other boards as well later, but these days I mostly go with AngusH.
3. What City do you live in? - Sydney, Australia.
4. How old are you? - 29
5. What team do you root for and why? - Cleveland Cavaliers. I saw a Price/Daugherty-era game late on TV one night and always kinda liked them after that, but I really started following them closely the year they had Kemp, lined up with Knight-Derek Anderson-Cedric Henderson and Big Z. Team seemed so young and full of potential, but within seemingly 6 minutes all those guys were out of favour. In the NFL I don't really have a team, I just like watching the games and rooting for the underdogs.
6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? - I've been working in IT Security for about 7 years now.
7. How long have you been playing FOF? - To be honest I can't remember the last time I played it. I played it pretty solidly for 12 months or so back in the early 2000s, but since then it's been sporadic and not at all for at least 5 years I'd guess.
8. How did you find out about this website? - Saw it linked to from the Fastbreak Forums.
9. Something interesting about you? - Hmmm. I'd say the most interesting thing about me would probably be how geeky I really am versus how geeky the majority of people who know me would think I am. I think only the people quite close to me know how much of a massive loser I really am.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:31 PM   #3
TheOhioStateUniversity
High School Varsity

Justin
I didn't grow up as much of a Buckeyes fan, in fact I was a frontrunner (Hurricanes, Gators, etc...). However, my loyalty for the Buckeyes grew during the course of my undergraduate and graduate career. My name reflects my pride.
Columbus, Ohio
4. How old are you?
Browns, Cavs, Buckeyes football/basketball, and occasionally the Indians (playoff runs). I grew up in Cleveland so at this point in my life my loyalty goes to the hometown teams.
Recently finished my internship in school psychology which was basically a full time position and received a M.A. and Ed.S. from The Ohio State University. This fall I'll be employed as a school psychologist in Columbus for a large school district. Nice to have a position right out of college.
I started when I was in middle school if my memory serves me correctly. However, I haven't played in a few years as it seems sports sims have plateaued evolutionarily speaking. At one time they seemed revolutionary in comparison to what I was used to (console games). Now I want so much more from them than what they can realistically offer (human-like AI, visual representations, total immersion)
After Baseball Mogul opened me to the world of text sims, a great deal of research went into finding similar titles in other sports. It's likely that I found fofc at some point during the course of that search.
I spent four months in Asan, South Korea taking classes and working as a "cultural intern" prior to my senior year at OSU.

Last edited by TheOhioStateUniversity : 07-12-2011 at 09:37 PM.
TheOhioStateUniversity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 06:35 PM   #4
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Lorena

I liked the Dodgers at one point, but haven't followed them in years so it's basically a representation of where I'm from.

Austin, TX

4. How old are you?

San Diego Chargers. I became a fan when I met Antmeister back in '94 which happened to be the year they went to the SuperBowl. Had I met Antmeister a year earlier, I'm sure I'd been Raiders fan.

Insurance Clerk for Texas Medicaid.

Never played it.

I'd always give Antmeister "Breaking News" and he'd say, "Oh I already knew, I read it on 'The Board', you should check it out." After hearing that a few dozen times I finally caved in.

Yikes, nothing. I do have a pretty warped sense of humor.

Last edited by Dodgerchick : 07-13-2011 at 06:36 PM.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:51 PM   #5
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

1. What is your first name? Caylan
2. What does your online name mean? no idea, i think its dumb now days. I just needed something that sounded cool when I was 13 or so.
3. What City do you live in? Ewa Beach, hawaii
4. How old are you? 27
5. What team do you root for and why? Chicago White Sox, Carolina Panthers, Magic/Suns, Hawaii Warriors and Oregon Ducks. Living in hawaii, its all by chance, saw a game on tv, siblings got me into certain teams, etc.
6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? Supervisor for airport parking at Honolulu international airport.
7. How long have you been playing FOF? since 1999 or 2000 I think. but like others I really don't play much anymore, nowadays its more NCAA football and FBCB
8. How did you find out about this website? Originally back in the day when searching for FOF stuff, I think it was The Sideline? or something like that then. long time ago
9. Something interesting about you? I was arrested for Computer Hacking (unauthorized computer access) when I was 18, charged when I was 21 and just recently got off probation.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:59 PM   #6
Radii
Head Coach

Richard

RAD are my initials and i'm the 2nd (II), when I first had to pick my own e-mail handle in the college of computing at Georgia Tech it seemed appropriately geeky and has stuck ever since.

Wake Forest, NC.

4. How old are you?

My primary loyalty is to UNC in college basketball, I grew up in the triangle area in NC. The rest of my family are NC State fans, but we had two very very close family friends who kept me fully in light blue stuff as a kid, apparently they saved me from a lifetime as a Wolfpack fan. Whew.

NFL loyalty is to the Panthers. Bring on the Cam Newton era, bitches.

I work in Healthcare Technology sort of as a software developer. Its more accurate to say that I'm an expert in a number of healthcare data formats and happen to be able to code a little.

I haven't played it in 4 or 5 years now.

I was introduced to Baseball Mogul and later FOF via newsgroups and eventually learned of this site, also through newsgroups.

I sleep in the same room I did as a little kid since I've moved back home to help take care of my parents and work remotely part time. Its a mix of interesting and really, really weird I guess.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 07:00 PM   #7
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ruptr View Post
9. Something interesting about you? I was arrested for Computer Hacking (unauthorized computer access) when I was 18, charged when I was 21 and just recently got off probation.

Now we're talking. Story plz!
Old 07-13-2011, 07:01 PM   #8
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
9. Something interesting about you? - Hmmm. I'd say the most interesting thing about me would probably be how geeky I really am versus how geeky the majority of people who know me would think I am. I think only the people quite close to me know how much of a massive loser I really am.

It definitely surprised me how not geeky you are on your facebook page!
Old 07-13-2011, 07:07 PM   #9
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

1. What is your first name? Jeff
2. What does your online name mean? Yahoo generated back in the 90''s
3. What City do you live in? Framingham, Outside Boston
4. How old are you?
5. What team do you root for and why? All Boston teams, I'm a homer
Computer stuff with companies around the country.
7. How long have you been playing FOF? 2003
8. How did you find out about this website? Got an itch for a Football text sim, google'd to find one, found FOFC and FOF
9. Something interesting about you? I'm told I have deep psychological issues. I'm also not that interesting, as you damn well know.

Last edited by jeff061 : 07-16-2011 at 07:58 PM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 07:09 PM   #10
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
It definitely surprised me how not geeky you are on your facebook page!

yeah, no geekiness there, that's for damn sure.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:11 PM   #11
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Greg

You might have heard of a show called "South Park".

Driftwood, TX

4. How old are you?
Just turned 39

My favorite teams are the various sports of the Texas Longhorns. I went to UT-Austin, and once again live in the area. For pro sports, I grew up in Fort Worth, so the DFW teams are the ones I cheer for: Cowboys, Rangers, Mavericks and Stars. I also follow Inter Milan in soccer. When I lived in Italy, we shared office space with the family that owns the team, and our offices were literally next door to the team's.

I'm part owner of a tech company. We are in the middle of a merger, combining an IT security/encryption company, oil/gas technology consulting shop, and a company that wrote a document management solution. Part of what I handle are client engagements, doing proof-of-concepts and then getting the stuff up and running at their sites.

I've played since the second version of the game, so '99 or 2000. Only in the past couple of years have I played multiplayer, since joining WOOF.

I found out about the original Sideline back after the Front Page Sports Football '99 debacle. Someone had mentioned FOF, and I moseyed on over and joined up. Been hanging around this group ever since then.

I once helped start and run an airline.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint

Last edited by cartman : 07-13-2011 at 07:12 PM.
cartman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 07:27 PM   #12
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Dennis

I picked it up when I worked for Macromedia and I was the go to guy because I knew all the software inside and out.

Buffalo, NY

4. How old are you?

True Blue BYU fan....Bills and Sabres...

Currently, I am unemployed. But I am an IT Jack of All Trades.

Since the EA version.

From Poli while we were chatting about Hattrick, he pointed me over here.

I don't know...the world knows I love food and I have managed to do several of the Man vs Food challenges throughout the US. I have been to 49 of the 50 states and all of the Canadian Provinces. Maine is the only US State I haven't been to.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:28 PM   #13
spleen1015
Coordinator

Matthew

When I was a sophmore in HS, I ruptured my spleen at football practice.

Indianapolis

4. How old are you?

Big Duke Men's basketball fan. I started liking them when they beat UNLV.

Data Integration

I haven't played in a long time. I don't even remember the last version I purchased.

It was either through Baseball Mogul or OOTP back in 2000 or so.

I won a $100 bet by eating 19 McDonald's cheeseburgers in 1 sitting. I ate chicken for lunch or dinner for somewhere in the neighborhood of 80 straight days once. Not that interesting I guess.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 07:38 PM   #14
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
yeah, no geekiness there, that's for damn sure.

Yah, I'd wager I look more alcoholic than I do geek...
Old 07-13-2011, 07:39 PM   #15
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
I won a $100 bet by eating 19 McDonald's cheeseburgers in 1 sitting. I ate chicken for lunch or dinner for somewhere in the neighborhood of 80 straight days once. Not that interesting I guess.

19! Sheesh! My mate and I have had two drunken "cheeseburger challenges" as we call them, but after 5 I felt like I was slipping into a coma.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:45 PM   #16
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

1. What is your first name? Daniel
When I first joined the board, I was a huge Illini fan. Where the 999 came from, I have no idea.

Virginia Beach

4. How old are you?

Baseball- Dodgers and Cubs. Grew up near Chicago, dad was a Dodgers fan.
Basketball- Bulls.
Football- Dolphins. Liked the colors when I was younger and it stuck. Also like the Bears, but would root for the Dolphins head to head no question.
Soccer- Inter Milan. Probably my absolute favorite team period. I follow them religiously, more so than any other team. I got hired by them in Football Manager, and just started to follow them.

I'm in the police academy right now, getting ready to graduate in a week. Then I'll be a police officer.

I mostly played TCY, and haven't played either in a few years.

The old messageboard that was on the Solecismic website.

I've been a member of this board since I was a pre-teen. I'm now 23. Crazy to think I've been visiting this website everyday for the last 10+ years. I basically grew up on this site.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 07:52 PM   #17
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

1. What is your first name?- Brian

2. What does your online name mean?- It was supposed to be Laton, a character from a series of book called "the Reality Dysfunction" but in typical fashion I spelled it wrong and it stuck.

3. What City do you live in?-Currently in Seattle, from New Jersey

4. How old are you?- 36

5. What team do you root for and why?- Mets, Giants, Nets, Rutgers Football, all U. of Washington sports

6. What do you do for a living or are you in school?-I work in Claims for a major insurance company

7. How long have you been playing FOF?- longer than I can remember

8. How did you find out about this website?-Don't recall, likely through an FOF related search

9. Something interesting about you?- I graduated college from u. of Washington at age 35. Went back after a long layoff and am fiercely proud of the accomplishment. Other than my wedding day and the birth of my son the day I graduated college is the proudest day of my life.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:12 PM   #18
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

1. What is your first name? David
2. What does your online name mean? I'm from SoCal and was a big Dodger fan growing up. Draft Dodgers was the name I used to use for fantasy baseball
3. What City do you live in? Keene NH
4. How old are you? Fucking 40
5. What team do you root for and why? Colorado Avalanche (because I was a big Joe Sakic fan from years of having him on my fantasy teams) and the Pats (from years of living in New England)
6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? Dedicated support rep for a computer reseller
7. How long have you been playing FOF? I go back to the EA days, but haven't played in years other than running a terrible team in the FOFL.
8. How did you find out about this website? I think I was looking around trying to find out how to update the rosters
9. Something interesting about you? I run what I think is the biggest Avalanche blog on the net. My first blogging gig was working for vtbub and with a few other FOFCers
Old 07-13-2011, 08:19 PM   #19
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

1. What is your first name? Kevin

2. What does your online name mean? I own a Mustang, is my favorite car so.. went with that. Actually it was Kerg (my initials.. Ke R G, but I lost the password, could never log back on and made up a new one.

3. What City do you live in? West Bend, WI. I grew up in Menomonee Falls, WI and have lived in Biloxi, Germany, Newport News and Beale AFB

4. How old are you? 40

5. What team do you root for and why? All Wisconsin teams. Period. I find that anyone that roots for a team from outside of where they grew up just odd...

6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? Programmer in Trust Banking. I also run my own Ebay business.

7. How long have you been playing FOF? Since version 1. I still have the disk somewhere...

8. How did you find out about this website? I can't remember back that far.

9. Something interesting about you? I have a small hole between my nasal/eye and I get air behind my eye so, when I rub it, it squeaks.. loudly. Absolutely grosses out or annoys most people.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...

Last edited by Mustang : 07-13-2011 at 08:21 PM.
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:29 PM   #20
sabotai
General Manager

1. What is your first name? Jason

Back "in the day", my usual online handle would be "Miguel". After getting tired of running into the problem of other people using that name, I tried to think of a fairly obscure name and decided on "Sabotai", a Mongol general (the added benefit is that there are several spellings for the name, and I chose one of the lesser used ones). For several years, I never had a problem with using that name to register for websites, MMOs, etc. but recently, over the last few years, it's becoming a problem again.

3. What City do you live in? The hamlet of National Park, NJ

4. How old are you?

I saw the NY Giants win Super Bowl 21, and I was a frontrunner as a kid. But I've stuck with them through think and thin, so I think makes up for it. As for hockey, the Flyers since they're the only team I get to watch.

6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? Currently, inspecting and testing fire extinguishers, high pressure cylinders, etc. Not as glamorous as it sounds and I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do for the rest of my life.

Since FOF2

Probably a search on Yahoo or Google.

In my senior year in high school I flooded the chemistry lab.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:37 PM   #21
Yellow5
High School Varsity

1. What is your first name? Dave

2. What does your online name mean? Yellow5 .. from Mt. Dew. Used to drink it by the gallon when I was in my teens.

3. What City do you live in? Tacoma, Washington

4. How old are you? 42

5. What team do you root for and why? Baseball - Yankees because they were the first team I saw play when I was a kid living in NY. Football - Redskins. First team I saw live when living in DC as a kid.

6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? IT Systems Analyst/Architect working for the State of Washington.

7. How long have you been playing FOF? Playing since the EA version was released. Was that 2001?

8. How did you find out about this website? Searching for FOF stuff online. I also worked on the side for Gamespy and knew it was part of Sports Planet.

9. Something interesting about you? I was the original site directory for Planetuneral.com and a co-founder of beyondunreal.com when I was into the Unreal series of games, and Unreal engine based games in general. Loved the work and met lots of great people in the game business doing this. Made it to E3 one year and got to party at the Playboy Mansion. I have not been the same since.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:47 PM   #22
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post

2. What does your online name mean? Back "in the day", my usual online handle would be "Miguel". After getting tired of running into the problem of other people using that name, I tried to think of a fairly obscure name and decided on "Sabotai", a Mongol general (the added benefit is that there are several spellings for the name, and I chose one of the lesser used ones). For several years, I never had a problem with using that name to register for websites, MMOs, etc. but recently, over the last few years, it's becoming a problem again.

Pretty sure I called you Sabatoi or Sabotoi for years before I finally got it right.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:52 PM   #23
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

1. What is your first name? : Brian
2. What does your online name mean? : A few years back I use to dabble and run a shoutcast Radio station and my DJ name was Dr Sak. Those who know my last name understand why...I also used it for the first year or so I did the In The Bleachers football podcast.
3. What City do you live in?: Pittsburgh, PA
4. How old are you?: 32
5. What team do you root for and why?: Philadelphia sports fan (thanks Dad), Duke Basketball (loved them since Bobby Hurley's freshman year), and Penn State.
6. What do you do for a living or are you in school?: I am an engineering who designs nuclear reactors for the US Navy and commerical plants by day...and by night I either throw yellow flags at football players or make parents irate by calling fouls on their kids on the hardwood.
7. How long have you been playing FOF?: Since the first FOF came out.
8. How did you find out about this website?: From the old Sideline days.
9. Something interesting about you?: Most of you already know about my encounter with Natalie Portman at a party in Harvard right after the Phantom Menace came out so I will go with...I have a very brief 2 second cameo in the move She's Out of My League, and I dated a production assistant from the movie for a month. I have a few more random things but I'll save those for another date.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:14 PM   #24
Ironhead
College Prospect

1. What is your first name? Brett

2. What does your online name mean? It is in honor of Craig "Ironhead" Heyward. My first real interest in football was sparked after playing one of the Madden games in the early 90s. I wanted to know more about the sport so I started tuning into the local broadcasts on Sunday. Living in Georgia that meant I was watching Craig Heyward run over people as part of the Run N Gun Falcons.

3. What City do you live in? Barnegat, NJ

4. How old are you? 29

5. What team do you root for and why? Falcons and Braves which are the local teams I gew up rooting for (even when they sucked). After moving to New Jersey in 2003 I have adopted the Knicks in basketball, although we are currently not on good terms with each after the Carmelo deal and Walsh's departure.

6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? I am an insurance underwriter. I'm the person at the insurance company who reviews all of the benefits you get from your employer like Life, Disability and Dental insurance. My job is to work on larger cases to decide how much we should charge for those benefits and under what conditions so that the company remains profitable.

7. How long have you been playing FOF? I really only played FOF briefly back in 2000/2001. I was reacquainted with Jim's games when I picked up TCY years later.

8. How did you find out about this website? I believe there was a link to the forum from Jim's website. I have been lurking, posting dynasties, and stalking Pumpy ever since.

9. Something interesting about you? I always vowed that as soon as I got my first car I would join a gym and literally work my ass off. When I turned 17 I got my first car and joined the local YMCA. I played basketball and lifted weights almost every day and by the time I graduated high school less than a year later I had lost 60 pounds.

Last edited by Ironhead : 07-13-2011 at 09:17 PM.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:33 PM   #25
BYU 14
Coordinator

1. What is your first name? Lee, go by Anthony though.

2. What does your online name mean? Big BYU fan and my favorite player is Ty Detmer, hence BYU 14

3. What City do you live in? Surprise, Arizona (outlying suburb of Phoenix)

4. How old are you? 48

5. What team do you root for and why? BYU of course, always funny to see people in bars look at me drinking and getting rowdy watching a BYU game. Also like the Vikings, Yankees and Phoenix Coyotes.

6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? I am the provider network liaison for one of the administrators of the state Medicaid plan and a "retired" High School Football coach.....I don't see that lasting more than a year though

7. How long have you been playing FOF? Since the first edition and still holding out hope for TCY 2.

8. How did you find out about this website? The game

9. Something interesting about you? Working for Orkin in my early 20's in LA I got a kiss from Olivia Newton-John, went to Neverland Ranch once with 2 other techs, didn't get to see Michael though. Also had access to a lot of those "off Limits" places as part of the job as well, which was cool since I am geek for that kind of stuff. It was an awesome job. Have also coached 2 players who made it to the NFL.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 07-13-2011 at 10:34 PM.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:38 PM   #26
fantom1979
College Benchwarmer

Old AOL screen name dating back to 1996 or so. My parents went to see Phantom of the Opera the night I joined AOL. The Phantom spelling was of course taken, so I used fantom instead.

3. What City do you live in? Sterling Heights, Michigan

4. How old are you?

5. What team do you root for and why? Detroit Tigers because they are the home town team. I also am a huge New York Jets fan. I knew from a young age that the Lions sucked, so I decided to root for an almost equally bad team.

6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? I work in the print department for a government agency. If you receive a letter in the mail from the government, I might have sent it to you. Recently, I have been sick, so I haven't been working much.

7. How long have you been playing FOF? Never played it.

8. How did you find out about this website? I heard mention of it when I used to be big on the OOTP boards. I lurked for a while before finally joining.

9. Something interesting about you? I once broke my leg so bad that I was in a wheelchair for 6 months.
fantom1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:39 PM   #27
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Cyril

I thought the name was hilarious when I saw Clinton "Pumpy" Tudors punt for the Eagles in the Hall of Fame Game one year. When I joined a football-related message board, I thought it would be good to pick a football player's name. The real Pumpy Tudors is a state trooper in Tennessee now, and he's not a very good one. He might want to go back to punting.

Greensburg, PA. It's about 30 miles outside Pittsburgh.

4. How old are you?

Denver Broncos (NFL) - When John Elway was in college, he was my favorite player. I was only 4 or 5 years old when I first saw him play on TV, but I thought he was great. After he left college, I decided I'd become a fan of whichever team he played for. So I was a Colts fan for about 27 seconds, and then I became a Broncos fan.

New Jersey Devils (NHL) - I never got to see a lot of hockey when I was growing up, but for some reason, Sean Burke was my favorite player. At the time he became my favorite player, he was playing for the Devils, and I've been a Devils fan ever since.

Memphis Grizzlies (NBA) - I wanted to cheer for a team, and my wife is from Memphis, so I went with them after the Grizzlies moved there. I used to be a diehard Utah Jazz fan, but after John Stockton retired and Karl Malone left, I didn't really care about the Jazz anymore. Although I'm originally from New Orleans, I will never be a Hornets fan because they caused New Orleans to lose its minor-league hockey team, and I really loved that hockey team.

Pittsburgh Pirates (MLB) - I grew up as a St. Louis Cardinals fan because I loved how the Cards used to win with speed on the basepaths. Over time, the Cards turned into a power-hitting team, and I didn't really care much about them anymore. When I moved to Pennsylvania from New Orleans in 2005, I instantly latched on to the Pirates. It was great having a team nearby that played against MLB teams. Now, six years later, the Pirates are actually playing like an MLB team themselves.

Pittsburgh Power and New Orleans VooDoo (arena football) - Pittsburgh is the local team that is playing its first season in the AFL. I'm a season ticket holder. The VooDoo was my first love in arena football, and I'll always cheer for that team except when they play against Pittsburgh.

Memphis Tigers (NCAA basketball and football) - This is another one for my wife. She went to the University of Memphis, and I love watching their basketball team play. I used to love watching their football team play when they were halfway decent, but now they're terrible. I still watch them when I can, but I can't say I "love" it because it's about as painful as gang-related violence.

University of New Orleans (NCAA basketball and baseball) - My alma mater. Sadly, they've dropped to Division II.

Seton Hill University (NCAA football) - Not sadly, this school is Division II. My wife teaches there, and I go to most of the home football games. We're a small but passionate fan base.

The short answer is that I'm a business analyst. The slightly longer answer is that I analyze data to help companies get the most profit out of their products. Currently, I have three clients: 1) a small tobacco company, 2) a very large gum/candy manufacturer, and 3) the US division of a massive chocolate manufacturer. I also support other clients as needed, but that's rare right now.

I haven't played it in 3 or 4 years. I started with the very first version, though.

I don't remember. I think it took my car for a joyride when I was 23. Sure enough, I found out about it. Stupid website taking my car for a joyride.

I'm thinking of something in particular, but I don't want to say because I'm sure somebody here will say it's kinda gross, and I wouldn't dare want to offend anybody. So instead of that, I'll say that I know from firsthand experience that C-cell batteries and D-cell batteries taste exactly the same.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:40 PM   #28
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Brian

In college I originally used variations of Reignman as a Sonics fan. When that was too common I switched to heavyreign because for some reason I thought it was a clever way of combining heavy rain and Reignman.

Spokane, WA

4. How old are you?

Mariners, Seahawks, U of Washington teams....obviously the local teams.

Along with writing games I used to play online poker. However, now I'm trying to find a job before my funds run out.

I stumbled across the demo for FOF1 on download.com and played the next couple versions pretty heavily as well as TCY. FOF2003 was my last purchase and I barely played it.

Originally started on The Sideline.

I've always had major issues with depression. I think it started when I realized how messed up my family was and never really went away. As such I tend to go through periods where I'm incredibly focused on something and get tons of work done and other times I go weeks/months without really being able to concentrate on anything.
HeavyReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 03:04 AM   #29
Peregrine
Pro Starter

1. What is your first name? Kendall
2. What does your online name mean? I love birds, especially birds of prey like Peregrine Falcons - so a long time ago I started using Peregrine or Peregrine Falcon as my online name, including here.
3. What City do you live in? Cary, NC (outside Raleigh)
4. How old are you? 41
5. What team do you root for and why? In the NFL, Washington Redskins because I was born in DC and grew up in Maryland rooting for them. I also root for the Carolina Panthers a bit since they are in my state.

Hockey, the Carolina Hurricanes. I've become much more of a hockey fan since the team moved here - love to go to games. Being in the arena for Game 7 when they won the Stanley Cup is probably my favorite sports memory.

College Basketball - North Carolina, mostly because the rest of my family are Duke fans.

6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? I'm a network engineer for a large telecommunications company.
7. How long have you been playing FOF? I started with FOF 2001 - haven't played it much in the last couple of years though - moved into playing OOTP heavily.
8. How did you find out about this website? I was searching for sports sims (didn't know they were called that at the time) and came across a link for the Solecismic website, which took me here. It's been a great ten years.
9. Something interesting about you? I'm a big board game player, and like to travel to events where I can game with new people.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:25 AM   #30
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

2. What does your online name mean? : After the really catchy but stupid song by Reel Big Fish, about the really catchy but stupid band of the same name.
3. What City do you live in?: Pittsburgh, PA
4. How old are you?: 35
5. What team do you root for and why?: Penguins and Steelers mainly...in that order. Which is sort of blasphemy around here. Not really a baseball fan, but nice to see the Pirates doing well now.
6. What do you do for a living or are you in school?: My degree is accounting, but I've never had a true accounting position until now...and even this isn't. I was at a bank/financial svcs company for 11 years before being let go last summer. I guess my background is more towards operations than truly accounting.
7. How long have you been playing FOF?: Can't put an exact date on it...but awhile. I was still playing in a league up until about 18 months ago.
8. How did you find out about this website?: Not exactly sure, but I think searching for roster updates. Can't remember exactly how I found the game.
9. Something interesting about you?: Hmmm. I had a "blind date" with Sak for a Penguins-Flyers game once...like 2-3 years ago.
Also I am/was a certified, grade A band nerd. I played through HS and college-- I went to school (small state school about 1 hour south of Pittsburgh) on a full tuition scholarship for academics/music.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 08:32 AM   #31
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

2. What does your online name mean? : My first name and first letter of my last name. I have always believed that a person should be accountable for the things they say, so I always have my name attached.
3. What City do you live in?: Appleton, WI
4. How old are you?: 37
5. What team do you root for and why?: I root most for the Green Bay Packers, but I don't really root hard for anyone. I enjoy sports for the game more than for the teams.
6. What do you do for a living or are you in school?: Project Manager for a large national IT consulting company.
7. How long have you been playing FOF?: Not as long as most here...last 2 or 3 versions only.
8. How did you find out about this website?: I was searching for people who were talking strategy and found an interesting community. This was probably 6 or7 years ago.
9. Something interesting about you?: I was a pole vaulter in Middle School and High School. I believe I still hold the record in my Middle School for a vault of 10'3".
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 08:47 AM   #32
Hoya1
High School JV

didn't think there were that many people named Brian!!
Hoya1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 08:53 AM   #33
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

1. What is your first name? Imran
2. What does your online name mean? My first initial and last name
3. What City do you live in? Decatur, Georgia (an intown suburb of Atlanta)
4. How old are you? 31
5. What team do you root for and why? New York Mets & New Jersey Devils, because I am from New Jersey originally. Atlanta Falcons, because I didn't really have a football team until I moved down here. Rutgers Scarlet Knights, because I went there for college. Newcastle United Football Club, because I just decided I liked Alan Shearer and therefore I'll root for his team.
6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? I'm a Pension Investigator for the United States Department of Labor.
7. How long have you been playing FOF? I stopped a while back. Maybe back in 2003?
8. How did you find out about this website? I googled it. Looking for information on the game - I was really into text sims back in the day, being all trying to get into soccer and thus leading me to Championship Manager and all.
9. Something interesting about you? Um, I dunno... I'm a huge Harry Potter fanboy? I love a "Song of Ice & Fire" (though far less than HP). I live in Atlanta area, yet have never met another Atlanta FOFCer, even though there are 5 million of them living here?
Old 07-14-2011, 10:08 AM   #34
I. J. Reilly
College Prospect

1. What is your first name? Christopher, but I go by Kit

2. What does your online name mean? Nothing really, I just happened to be reading Confederacy of Dunces when I created my user profile. If I had known I was still going to be posting here so many years later I probably would have put more thought into it.

3. What City do you live in? Euless, TX but the house is on the market. We’re staying in the area, just looking for a little better school district.

4. How old are you? 36

5. What team do you root for and why? I went to Oregon State, so I root for all their teams, but the football team is where my passion really lies. After moving to Texas I adopted the Rangers and usually get to 10-12 games a year. And somehow I ended up a Tottenham Hotspur fan too.

6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? Controller, ie the bean counter

7. How long have you been playing FOF? I played the hell out of TCY for a few years, but it’s probably been five years since I fired it up last.

8. How did you find out about this website? I was looking for help with TCY and found this little oasis of knowledge.

9. Something interesting about you? I once took a swing at someone for questioning the greatness of Gordon Lightfoot’s songwriting talent. Long story.
I. J. Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:15 AM   #35
cougarfreak
College Starter

Andy
It's the mascot for the school I graduated from and now teach at.
Burlington, KY
4. How old are you?
Cincinnati Reds. Big baseball fan. I can't bring myself to root for the Bengals anymore under the current ownership. I'm getting pretty disenfranchised with college sports anymore, I used to be a big fan, but they are corrupt as hell anymore.
I teach history, AP Human Geography, World Geography
Not sure, since about 2004 I think
Through the ootp boards
I have coached high school soccer, baseball, and tennis.

Last edited by cougarfreak : 07-14-2011 at 10:19 AM.
cougarfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:28 AM   #36
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

1. What is your first name? Pete

2. What does your online name mean? It's the primary color of the Detroit Lions uniform. I have no idea why I chose it. I've never used it anywhere else. I think it's a horrible color and has a stupid name. But my work (as well as the work of my good twin) here has classed it up.

3. What City do you live in? Royal Oak, MI. A suburb of Detroit.

4. How old are you? 37.

5. What team do you root for and why? The Lions and Red Wings and pretty much all the Detroit teams, because I am from here. I root for UofM because I went to school there.

6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? I am an attorney.

7. How long have you been playing FOF? I started playing in 1998 or 1999, I believe. Found it on the internet some how and was blown away by it. The last FOF I played was the 2004 version. I never bought 2007 and I haven't played any FOF since 2005.

8. How did you find out about this website? I've been keeping tabs on FOF since the early days.

9. Something interesting about you? I have no sense of smell. I first played Dungeons and Dragons when I was 6 years old and haven't really stopped. I once got a $5 tip from comedian Richard Lewis when I sold him a set of dumbbells while working at a sporting goods store.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 07-14-2011 at 10:29 AM.
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:30 AM   #37
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

1. What is your first name? Shane

2. What does your online name mean? It used to be Shanekorn because I was a huge fan of Korn back in the day (This was 98-99 or so) But after the board moved, I was mostly a lurker on the new board til the Wyoming Wildfire groupthink dynasty, in which Julio Riddols was an aging QB on the roster. I initially chose the name in some retarded scheme to become involved in that, but decided rather than getting a new name I would just continue logging in as Julio.

3. What City do you live in? Tiny ass Bryson City, NC

4. How old are you? 30. Way older than I act.

5. What team do you root for and why? The Bengals because I have loved them since I was about 4. Must have been the tiger stripes.

The Hoosiers in college sports, because theyre the hometown team I grew up with.

The Pacers in the NBA

The Reds in MLB.

6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? Right now, stay at home dad to my son, who just turned 1. I am hoping that jobless situation changes soon so my lady and I can work on getting a house. We struggle, but we're happy with our lot in life.

7. How long have you been playing FOF? since the beginning. I used to get online nearly every day and look up football simulations, trying to find exactly what FOF had to offer. I about shit myself with happiness when I stumbled across it during my senior year of HS.

8. How did you find out about this website? I seem to recall there being a board before the sideline came into existence, where I read about the game. I have been along for the ride ever since.

9. Something interesting about you? Well, I once used the power of myspace to meet a girl in Paris who used to live in New York, which eventually resulted in a trip to Paris for 2 weeks, which I paid about 600 dollars total for. I got to stay in a sweet place just outside the big city and travel with her family to London for a day as well, and bought myself a sweet tux while I was over there, because I also went to her brothers wedding (The reception afterward was insanely fun). You can't beat 2 weeks in Paris with a bilingual tour guide who also isn't bad looking.

.. I guess that is interesting.

FUCK EA

Last edited by Julio Riddols : 07-14-2011 at 10:32 AM.
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 11:03 AM   #38
JediKooter
Coordinator

1. What is your first name? Brian

2. What does your online name mean? Jedikooter - I came up with it one night while working the graveyard shift. My co-worker and I had been talking about tv shows and somehow we started talking about the Dukes of Hazard. I like Star Wars & I thought Cooters name was funny, so I change the C to a K, smashed the two words together and here we are 12/13 years later.

3. What City do you live in? Sausalito California. Go across the Golden Gate bridge (north), go up the hill and through the tunnel, go down the hill and take the Marin City/Sausalito exit, go through the first & second stop light, make a right at the 3rd stop light, make a left at the first cross street, make a right at the very next street, go up the hill, follow the road to the right, make a slight left & then a slight right and your there.

4. How old are you? 39

Chargers - I'm from San Diego, even though I was not born there.
Padres - See above
Clippers - See above and I have a soft spot for them
Celtics - Much cooler team than the Lakers

6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? I'm a QA software engineer for Industrial Light & Magic.

7. How long have you been playing FOF? I have no idea. Haven't played it in at least 2 years though.

8. How did you find out about this website? Not exactly sure, but, I think I was looking up how to customize teams & FOFC popped up. That, or Pumpy's car told me about it, I don't remember which.

9. Something interesting about you? I really don't think I'm all that interesting. However, I'm a midget mud wrestler on every 3rd Tuesday of the month. Oh, I always wanted to play professional baseball growing up and got to practice with San Diego Padre Eric Show one time. As a teenager wanting to play pro ball, that was pretty freaking awesome.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 11:15 AM   #39
duckman
Pro Starter

Kevin

From the main character of the show Duckman.

Muskogee, OK

4. How old are you?

University of Oklahoma (college football and basketball). I grew up watching them play with my dad as a kid, so it stuck.

Dallas Cowboys (NFL). My cousin got me hooked to watching them. My first season was the 1-15 1989 season and I got to watch them win 3 Super Bowls in the 1990s.

Oklahoma City Thunder (NBA). I was a Chicago Bulls fan until the Thunder moved to the state. Now, I root for them.

I work for the Veterans Administration as a claims clerk/assistant. I've been with them for just over a year now.

I first started on FOF2. I've bought every single one since, but I haven't play the most recent one in some time.

I came across the Sideline after playing Football Mogul and searching for similar games. That's when I found out about FOF2.

When I was sixteen, I crashed my father's truck into the local donut shop destroying a window and part of the building. I was not fully awake when I was driving and accidentally hit the accelerator instead of the brake. Because of the accident, no insurance company would cover me until I was 18.
“One of the consequences of such notions as "entitlements" is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexis de Tocqueville
“Democracy and socialism have nothing in common but one word, equality. But notice the difference: while democracy seeks equality in liberty, socialism seeks equality in restraint and servitude.”
duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:23 PM   #40
StLee
High School Varsity

1. What is your first name? Lee

2. What does your online name mean? I'm a Saints fan, so I put St (minus the period) in front of my name.

3. What City do you live in? Daegu, Korea

4. How old are you? 33

5. What team do you root for and why? Saints, LSU (football, baseball, and basketball), Hornets, mostly because I was born and raised in South Louisiana. For the Saints and LSU, it was a birthright. All of my family and friends were and are fans of Saints and LSU, so I am, too. For the Hornets, I adopted them once they moved to New Orleans

6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? College professor

7. How long have you been playing FOF? Since 2007, but played TCY since 2001 (still have my original CD)

8. How did you find out about this website? Searching for more information about football sims

9. Something interesting about you? Living in Korea, food is quite different. I am a "try everything at least twice" kind of guy. One of the most interesting foods I've eaten: live octopus.

Softball in Korea 1 and 2: http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...softball+korea + http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=83736

Last edited by StLee : 07-15-2011 at 11:27 PM.
StLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:53 PM   #41
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

1. What is your first name? Kurt
2. What does your online name mean? It means I always have an extra vowel or two squirreled away somewhere.
3. What City do you live in? Amarillo, TX
4. How old are you? 39. Not telling how many times I've been 39, however.
5. What team do you root for and why? I grew up in the DC area (a stone's throw from ToddZilla and Cam Edwards, I think) and I'm into pain. Thus, Washington pro teams. In three years I believe I can legally change my allegiance and chase frontrunners for the rest of my life.
6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? I'm an independent bookseller. Your threads about the Kindle are like salt-encrusted knives to my soft pasty flesh.
7. How long have you been playing FOF? My first edition was FOF2. I believe I was the first person in the world to purchase TCY.
8. How did you find out about this website? There was a thread on the last website we had saying we were moving to Operation Sports. Oh. OH! You meant....ah. I pretty much just Googled "Front Office Football". Except I don't think I did that, because I don't think Googling was a thing yet. Maybe I Pre-Googled it? Yahooed it? Anyway, I didn't have Internet access in the late 90's, so I'd go to Kinko's at 2 AM and read whatever predated the Sideline.
9. Something interesting about you? I was blackballed from the game show industry at the age of seven due to my involvement in a cheating scandal at auditions for Tic Tac Dough.

Last edited by Shkspr : 07-15-2011 at 11:56 PM.
Shkspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 03:35 AM   #42
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

I saw this in the FOFC Archives and thought it'd be pretty cool if we had an updated version:

Sean

It really means nothing. When I signed up I just expected to make a couple posts on a game. I'm sort of a history buff who loves old cultures/civilizations and had been reading a lot about the Mayan Gods. The one I had been learning about was their rain diety and since I'm shitty at picking names, I just chose RainMaker because I thought it was easier than Chaac.

Chicago

4. How old are you?

Every Chicago team but the White Sox. Grew up in the North suburbs and Chicago teams were the ones we rooted for. Do have a soft spot for DePaul basketball since we had season tickets as a kid to see Rod Strickland and some great teams play. Also have been a season ticket holder for the Bulls for I believe 7 years now and was finally able to move into the lower bowl a couple years back. Good timing I guess.

I am an owner in a web company. We own/operate a number of sites as well as a few e-commerce stores. We also do some consulting when it comes to building out algorithms in search and behavioral targeting.

I believe it was 2000 or 2001. I was in college and had my car break down over Thanksgiving break. So I was stuck in a college town by myself for a few days and found the game and played it non-stop. Haven't played in awhile though.

Had always lurked looking through updates and tips on the game. But I came over during an OOTP debate.

I like to collect sports memorabilia. Have some nice autographs and old scorecards. But the first thing people notice going into my office is I collect bobbleheads. Yes, I have probably scared off some girls with this but I've always loved them. I look for rare ones such as minor league giveaways and ones that not many were produced for. Stick mainly to Chicago teams/players. My prized one is a Derrick Rose All-Star bobblehead that was autographed by him. It comes in a nice wooden box and is incredibly rare. I also have a Jonathon Toews North Dakota Sioux one and a Joakim Noah Draft Day Bobblehead that is pretty rare.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 09:57 AM   #43
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
Tiny ass Bryson City, NC

No kidding -- I was just up there for work this week, and I didn't think anybody lived there.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 03:49 PM   #44
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
No kidding -- I was just up there for work this week, and I didn't think anybody lived there.

Does your boss hate you?

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 04:08 PM   #45
MrBug708
Head Coach

1. What is your first name? - Kyle
2. What does your online name mean? - I saw it when I was 15 and thought MrBug was a funny name and added the 708
3. What City do you live in? - Temple City. It's on the outskirts of Pasadena, in East LA County.
4. How old are you? -29
5. What team do you root for and why? UCLA - Because USC sucked when I was in junior high and UCLA won an NC in basketball. Dodgers, Lakers, Galaxy because I'm from LA
6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? - I just finished two teaching credentials and wrapping up a masters. I need a job now
7. How long have you been playing FOF? - Since FOF 2 and I wish I still had the game
8. How did you find out about this website? Looking for FOF 2 information
9. Something interesting about you? - I'm a certified Sommelier
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 05:25 PM   #46
Dutch
"Dutch"

Name: Mike

Online Name: "Dutch" was my first on-line screen name I signed up for back in the Prodigy days...it was a spur of the moment thing...my family is from Holland...my favorite player at the time was Darren "Dutch" Daulton, my favorite President was Ronald "Dutch" Reagan...it didn't take me long to come up with that one, basically.

City: Suburbs of Tampa

Favorite Teams: I actually grew up in Germany and Mississippi (the later would actually explain why I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed) but I've been a pretty rabid Tampa Bay Bucs fan since I was nine years old. That was a minute or two ago so think Doug Williams, Lee Roy Selmon time frame. I actually just moved to Tampa in 2010, one of those things I am still amazed actually happened, I've wanted to live here my whole life...I commute everyday to work on the Lee Roy Selmon expressway...which is just cool as hell to me.

I'm also a baseball fan, and I've converted to being a Rays fan from a Phillies fan...it's pretty easy actually with the Yankees and the Red Sox in the division. No offense to the Phillies, they have had some awesome teams throughout the years, but I can only root for one team...That stadium is in a shitty location, the end of the St. Pete penisula, who thought that was a good idea?

Career/School: I do both actually. I enlisted in the Air Force at 20 years old and have been doing that ever since. For the last few years I've specialized in managing/implementing Enterprise Services for major commands, currently working with the Special Operations Command.

FOF Addiction: I had been looking for FOF long before Jim even made FOF. I learned about Baseball Mogul through a computer magazine and thought..."I wonder if anybody has made a Football sim?" And the rest was history...jumped in on FOF1 right after the Ricky Williams draft file was released.

How did I find FOFC: I was sent here from the old Sideline forums.

Something interesting about me: I used to work at the Great Western Forum when I lived out in LA and I was quickly promoted* from normal security to radio announcer security (*because apparently showing up on time was a rare skillset back then). I'm not exactly the security guard type...but me and this other guy "guarded" Chick Hearn/Stu Lantz (during Lakers games) and Jim Fox/Bob Miller (during Kings games)...most of that really just translated to season-tickets for 2 years but it also meant I got to meet a lot of people I never dreamed I'd ever have a conversation with...like Magic Johnson and Shaq, for instance. The only downside was having to work every single last concert that rolled through that place...from KISS to New Edition to The Cure to White Zombie (where I got into a fight with skin-heads...I was losing until I smashed this guy in the head with my flashlight...it was a glorious come from behind win although I'm sure he thought I was cheating...hehe).

Anyway, that's all I got. Oh, and I'm a mean right-wing guy, meh...blame Ronald Reagan.

Last edited by Dutch : 07-16-2011 at 05:31 PM.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 07:20 PM   #47
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

2. What does your online name mean? Mascot of my alma mater...all one word so it's NC State and not Nevada
3. What City do you live in? Raleigh, NC
4. How old are you? 35
5. What team do you root for and why? NC State in all sports, Carolina Hurricanes, Carolina Panthers, Colorado Rockies, Charlotte Bobcats. Wolfpack fan since I can remember (can't even remember why anymore), all the pro teams because they are local aside from the Rockies, which involved a phone-pal connection with a girl in Colorado and until North Carolina got its own pro teams, I generally chose expansion teams to root for during the late 80s-early 90s because I wanted to be a bit different.
6. What do you do for a living or are you in school?Computer programmer for a medical research company
7. How long have you been playing FOF?Only one I've bought is TCY and that was several years and now two computers ago...came for the game, stayed for the chatter...
8. How did you find out about this website?I remember coming across the game website back in 1998 or 1999 which lead to the old forums back then, where I enjoyed reading all the dynasties. Still I didn't join until I bought TCY a few years later.
9. Something interesting about you? I met my wife on the internet, even though she was in the next row of computers in a computer lab at NC State. What can I say? I'm a bit of a shy, reserved guy, but I saw her and her friend, took a flyer that they were on IRC (where I could maintain some anonymity if things didn't work), guessed right, and got a date out of it. The rest is history.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 08:13 PM   #48
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
9. Something interesting about you? - I'm a certified Sommelier

Of all the things I've read in this thread, this was one thing I never would have expected.

Pretty cool.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 08:23 PM   #49
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

The problem with this is that most of you know all this already for me. Oh well. So I don't feel like a voyeur for reading everybody else's posts...

1. What is your first name? Kristin
2. What does your online name mean? This seems like a very meta question. I'm not sure my answer could do it justice.
3. What City do you live in? Ashburn, VA. Since few people know where that is, I usually just say I live about 30 minutes outside of DC. Or, if I'm with a tech crowd, I say I live in AOL's front yard.
4. How old are you? 31 earth years.
5. What team do you root for and why? U of Maryland teams, because I went there. This will be an interesting year for football and basketball. Arsenal in the EPL because I dated a guy in high school who liked them. Got rid of the guy but kept his team. Red Sox and Pats because my grandfather taught me what I know about most common American sports and they were his teams.
6. What do you do for a living or are you in school? I design and build geostationary communications satellites.
7. How long have you been playing FOF? Not only have I never played it, I've never even seen a copy. And I famously asked Jim Gindin who he was. I think that's his last name...
8. How did you find out about this website? I actually think it was Doug5984 who pointed me here, when we were in the same league in Hattrick. It's hard to believe it's been so long.
9. Something interesting about you? I honestly can't think of anything that you people don't already know. I'm addicted to old-school style JRPGs.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 08:23 PM   #50
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
Does your boss hate you?

He suggested that running the petty offenses docket in the federal courthouse up there would be a good way to get some experience... I still believe that would be true if more than 10% of the docket showed up. But I don't ever want to wake up at 3:30am again just to spend all morning driving to a single humdrum hearing.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote