Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-27-2021, 08:56 AM   #1
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Anyone experienced in shipping fairly expensive items?

I am debating selling a piece of A/V equipment that has a very good used market as it's no long manufactured. I think I can get around $1300 for it (which is more than double what I paid 2+ years ago for it).

I've never shipped anything nearly this expensive, so am a bit leery of any issues that could happen during transit to the buyer. I have the original boxes and it should be pretty damage-proof. Does anyone know which carrier out of USPS, UPS, and FedEx has the best insurance policy though? Does anyone think I should lean towards one company or the other based off of your own experiences or stories you've heard from people you know?

I'm sure nothing will go wrong, but I have wondered what shipping company experienced sellers use as a go to and why.

sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 04:08 PM   #2
Edward64
Head Coach

The expensive stuff that I've shipped have been like laptops for repairs. Basically Dell or Lenovo (2 companies I buy computers from) will send you a box, return address sticky. They take care of the charges and assume insurance. The little bit I can tell you is it's been FedEx or UPS, and not USPS.

If you are using orig box & styrofoam, you should be good. Just make sure you insure it and have signature required.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 02:02 AM   #3
21C
College Prospect

Yupe?
Old 03-19-2021, 08:07 AM   #4
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

I haven't shipped anything yet and I think I was thinking about this wrong. I'm not really worried about damage as I have the original double boxes and foam, but was more concerned about it being stolen off a porch or something. And that's not really my problem. As soon as it's in UPS' hands (or whichever other company) it's their responsibility, so I shouldn't really be concerned about porch pirates. The buyer needs to worry about that himself and would be the one filing a claim and/or police report.

Also worth noting, I'm pretty sure no companies are doing signatures due to covid. I'm sure they will take your money, but as far as I can tell they will still drop it on your doorstep. I guess they might try to verify your identity from six feet or something.
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 08:22 AM   #5
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisie678 View Post
Yupe so many times but now I know the hack to how to get rid of shipping charges but sometimes it works and sometimes I have to pay shipping charges, there's an online store where you can get free shipping discount coupons on different stores here's the link Coupon Codest

You're no Coconut