Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-16-2010, 08:52 PM   #101
RendeR
Coordinator

ERK.....Talk about ask and yee shall receive....

You a fortune teller Autumn?
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 08:55 PM   #102
Autumn
Head Coach

This ain't my first time around the block.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 08:55 PM   #103
Autumn
Head Coach

dola

Why Pass, you two, and not Chief?
Old 11-16-2010, 08:57 PM   #104
RendeR
Coordinator

Honestly, I rolled a 20 sided die here on my desk.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:57 PM   #105
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Chief is a great villager (no offense to Pass) and a likely N1 kill target, why do the wolves a favor by offing him. I know if I was a wolf in this game I likely go for CR on N1.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 08:58 PM   #106
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As of post 105:

Chief Rum 3 - Autumn (66), Raiers Army (74) Passacaglia (79)
Passacaglia 5 - saldana (72), Danny (81), DaddyTorgo (90), Lathum (98), RendeR (100)
Danny 2 - Darth Vilus (64), J23 (75)
Raiders Army 1 - Chief Rum (85)

Yet to vote: The Jackal, hoopsguy
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 09:01 PM   #107
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

deadline

Last edited by EagleFan : 11-16-2010 at 09:01 PM.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:07 PM   #108
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

The sun is about to go down. You feel now is the time to act. Passacaglia must be a vampire. The crowd has been whipped into a frenzy. You are hungry for revenge, or some of you are.

You search for Passacaglia and you find him locked in his room. As you break the door down you are welcomed by a disturbing scene. He is sitting in his room watching a Twighlight movie....

He must be a vampire!!!! Who else would watch that crap?

You drag him out of his room kicking and screaming. He protests but before he can offer his defense a stake is driven into his chest.

He slumps to the ground as everyone backs up, waiting for the show. But nothing comes. He just lays there motionless.

You investigate and discover that he was just a normal citizen of Santa Carla, just one with a dark secret; that he liked the Twighlight movies.

Passacaglia was a vanilla villager.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:08 PM   #109
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Glad we killed him. Screw Twilight.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:10 PM   #110
Autumn
Head Coach

lol
Old 11-16-2010, 09:11 PM   #111
Autumn
Head Coach

Sorry, Pass. Remember, I didn't vote for ya!
Old 11-16-2010, 09:16 PM   #112
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

we are using one deadline, right?
Old 11-16-2010, 09:17 PM   #113
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Morning comes and another missing person sign goes up.

You notice that Lathum is missing. You see a new sign posted amongst the sad collection of missing person signs; those who are clinging to the hope that they can again find their loved one.

Have you seen my son Sam? The picture is of Lathum.

Later you find his comic books torn to shreds and very gruesome remains.

Lathum was Sam.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:18 PM   #114
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
we are using one deadline, right?

Yes, sorry. It is taking forever to navigate the site tonight for some reason.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:19 PM   #115
RendeR
Coordinator

Well, thats shitty.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:21 PM   #116
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Yes, sorry. It is taking forever to navigate the site tonight for some reason.

Well fuck me.

FOFC is really choppy for me also.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:21 PM   #117
Autumn
Head Coach

Had to go look up to see who Sam was. I guess if we had to lose a role, that was the one to lose.

Makes me feel a bit better about the deadline action then, it wasn't two wolves saving Chief. I hope the seer scanned Chief - if we knew he was bad we could take a look at Render.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:22 PM   #118
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

guess I'll see you guys in another 3 months for the next game.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:29 PM   #120
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Wow, bad day.

EF, what you and Lathum were experiencing, that was the same crap I was dealing with. It was just pointless to try to post through that (although I had better success with my phone). Very frustrating.

Yeah, Sam was relatively affordable, not that that was a good result. I think we'll actually miss Lathum more (meaning, Lathum the villager rather than Lathum as Sam).

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:51 PM   #121
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Well um, that kinda sucked. At least we still have the seer and bodyguard, we're still in this guys. Hope we have better luck tomorrow

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 05:53 AM   #122
Raiders Army
Coordinator

LOL at the Twilight.

Jackal and hoops didn't vote? Do they know the game's going on?

I'll throw out the first vote for today. I may be working late, but I'll definitely check in before the deadline.

VOTE CHIEF RUM

Voted for you yesterday; let's see what happens.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 06:38 AM   #123
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
LOL at the Twilight.

Jackal and hoops didn't vote? Do they know the game's going on?

I'll throw out the first vote for today. I may be working late, but I'll definitely check in before the deadline.

VOTE CHIEF RUM

Voted for you yesterday; let's see what happens.

It's also the second time you have voted for me without giving a reason. It's hard to defend myself when I have someone who apparently is crusading against me, and I don't even know why.

Heck, you just threw out two great potential targets today in two non-Day One voters in hoops and The Jackal, but you fly right by that to vote for me.

I am fine with getting votes. I just hope you'll back yourself up better than with yesterday's "let's start something" or today's "i'll throw out the first vote..."

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:24 AM   #124
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Thanks guys, that was fun!
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 09:34 AM   #125
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

VOTE RAIDERS ARMY

As Chief pointed out, he jumped right past the two D1 no-shows to vote for his "totally random" D1 vote.

Doesn't compute for me at the moment.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 09:40 AM   #126
The Jackal
Coordinator

D'oh. Got called in to work and at first forgot the game was going on, then couldn't access the site on my phone (and was busy). I'm going to review what happened prior to the deadline.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 09:50 AM   #127
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
I'm going to vote, but I want to see who moves on this first.

This post struck me the most. Could be nothing but letting other people make things happen is a good way to hide votes.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:55 AM   #128
The Jackal
Coordinator

I imagine hoops was in a similar situation to me, so I want to wait and hear from him before getting on him, but I imagine there will be someone jumping on the no-show reasoning before too long.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:58 AM   #129
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'm going to be at work tonight and mostly unavailable from 5-1030 but I'll do my best to check in to see if an earlier vote needs to be moved.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:59 AM   #130
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm going to hope we get a scan on Chief Rum tonight (I forgot this was single deadline so wouldn't have likely got one last night). And I can't imagine that Hoops and Jackal would miss votes on purpose if they were wolves, so I'm not going to vote them for that. Presumably if Hoops never shows up we'll get a replacement.

That leaves me not quite sure who I'm going with. The people who have pinged me a bit always ping me, so I"m not sure it means anything.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:07 AM   #131
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I'm going to hope we get a scan on Chief Rum tonight (I forgot this was single deadline so wouldn't have likely got one last night). And I can't imagine that Hoops and Jackal would miss votes on purpose if they were wolves, so I'm not going to vote them for that. Presumably if Hoops never shows up we'll get a replacement.

That leaves me not quite sure who I'm going with. The people who have pinged me a bit always ping me, so I"m not sure it means anything.

Why wouldn't they have scanned me yesterday? I would hope they would have. As the "second place finsiher" as it were in the vote, it's fairly common for someone in my position to get the scan.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:24 AM   #132
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Why wouldn't they have scanned me yesterday? I would hope they would have. As the "second place finsiher" as it were in the vote, it's fairly common for someone in my position to get the scan.

Because at the point they sent in their scan the vote would not have been set, so they would likely shy away from someone who might still end up lynched.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:26 AM   #133
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Because at the point they sent in their scan the vote would not have been set, so they would likely shy away from someone who might still end up lynched.

Never heard of a GM that wouldn't allow a conditional for this.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:57 AM   #134
Autumn
Head Coach

Well,my point is I'm not going to assume that you got scanned. We have no idea the timetable for the seer, how they thought the vote was going to go, etc. But I would hope that by night two we would have a scan of you.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:16 AM   #135
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well,my point is I'm not going to assume that you got scanned. We have no idea the timetable for the seer, how they thought the vote was going to go, etc. But I would hope that by night two we would have a scan of you.

Ah, you were unclear before then. Because it seemd to me you were assuming I wasn't scanned. There's a difference between choosing to not assume I was scanned to assuming I wasn't scanned.

With that modification, I agree, we can't assume I was scanned.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:46 AM   #136
saldana
Pro Starter

with all the problems that many of us had with the board last night, i am willing to give hoops and jackal a pass on not showing up, although if hoops doesnt get here soon, i dont really know that I will continue to feel that way.

no one really did anything at the end of the day that made my alarms go off, but Raiders and RendeR would probably be my two options for the day at this point.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:03 PM   #137
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Ah, you were unclear before then. Because it seemd to me you were assuming I wasn't scanned. There's a difference between choosing to not assume I was scanned to assuming I wasn't scanned.

With that modification, I agree, we can't assume I was scanned.

I am assuming you were not scanned. Or assuming you may not have been scanned. Or choosing to not assume that you were scanned. Any of those that result in the fact that you may or may not have been scanned. Given the fact that the seers 95% of the time do something that mystifies me, I don't think we can assume anything at all. Given a single deadline it's harder to guess what a seer would do.

My point was that I will not vote you today, in hopes that we get a useful scan on you at some point in the game.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:25 PM   #138
J23
College Benchwarmer

At work again, and not a lot of time. Last night's vote result was less than good, but at least we didn't lynch a roled villager. Sucks that the wolves hit a roled villager, but at least it was one of the weaker roles I guess.

I'm surprised noone has gone back to the people that were voting for Pass day1 up to this point. Maybe I just missed it in my skimming through today's posts, but that has always seemed to be the typical thing to do after a lynched villager, even a day1 lynching.

Anyway, I'll be back on after class to re-read stuff and throw down a vote.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:50 PM   #139
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Well sadly work will take me away again today, I'll be gone til after deadline. Tomorrow should be better though, it's a short day :-)

Vote Chief Rum

I have an uneasy feeling that he's Max and the vamps are trying to get him scanned so he'll be clear. Clever move if they can pull it off, i think we may have been close to staking a vamp yesterday. I can't see another reason for that kind of move

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 11-17-2010, 12:51 PM   #140
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Adios guys, heading out to work.

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 11-17-2010, 12:57 PM   #141
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Busy day at work here. Headed out shortly for a meeting downtown. I'm sure I'll be back before deadline though. At least, I can't imagine not being.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 01:23 PM   #142
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
Well sadly work will take me away again today, I'll be gone til after deadline. Tomorrow should be better though, it's a short day :-)

Vote Chief Rum

I have an uneasy feeling that he's Max and the vamps are trying to get him scanned so he'll be clear. Clever move if they can pull it off, i think we may have been close to staking a vamp yesterday. I can't see another reason for that kind of move

Wouldn't I have had to have done more to earn the notoriety, though? My candidacy has been entirely built on a hunch by the intiial voter, no reason whatsoever by the second voter and then just simple momentum of, "Hey we need to vote."

If I was making crazy allegations or really being out there, that would seem to be trying to draw a scan. But I'm not doing that. I'm only responding to people, and I have no idea why I have been targeted.

You may think you're seeing that move, but frankly, if you read back on my posts, I haven't done anything to draw interest except be a target for votes. Unless you think RA and Autumn are vampires with me, then I guess I could see your thinking. But that's not the acse either (well, RA and Autumn might be vampires, I don't know, but whatever they are, we ain't in cahoots).

Old 11-17-2010, 01:40 PM   #143
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
At work again, and not a lot of time. Last night's vote result was less than good, but at least we didn't lynch a roled villager. Sucks that the wolves hit a roled villager, but at least it was one of the weaker roles I guess.

I'm surprised noone has gone back to the people that were voting for Pass day1 up to this point. Maybe I just missed it in my skimming through today's posts, but that has always seemed to be the typical thing to do after a lynched villager, even a day1 lynching.

Anyway, I'll be back on after class to re-read stuff and throw down a vote.

Good point, J23. If I had the time I'd especially like to look back at the voting history. At some point Chief and someone else were tied and then Pass was added to the mix. I'd like to see who was behind that movement.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:13 PM   #144
The Jackal
Coordinator

Well I'm going to go with the post I mentioned earlier and

VOTE RENDER
Old 11-17-2010, 03:39 PM   #145
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As of post 144:

Chief Rum 2 - Raiders Army (122), Darth Vilus (139)
Raiders Army 1 - DaddyTorgo (125)
RendeR 1 - The Jackal (144)
Old 11-17-2010, 05:45 PM   #146
Autumn
Head Coach

All right, looking back at day 1 votes, there's lots of strange ones. I'll have to go based on the one that put Pass tied for the lead though. Daddy Torgo had three choices of who to put in a tie with Chief Rum, and he picked the one we know to have been a villager. Probably nothing, but the best vote I have to go on.

VOTE DADDY TORGO
Old 11-17-2010, 05:47 PM   #147
Autumn
Head Coach

Sorry, now I see I didn't help our current vote spread. We've got a few hours so I'm going to leave it there for now.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:52 PM   #148
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Hmm, I have to put up a vote, as I am going to be leaving soon for my other job and will be out of touch until after the deadline.

I'll need to vote self-preservation, as I have two votes against me (still, for no reasons I can see). Of the other votegetters, I think I lean toward The Jackal's way of thinking the most. Render knows better than to come in late like that and be passive. It does sort of feel like he was trying to sneak in there.

So I'll go with Render.

VOTE RENDER

Old 11-17-2010, 06:06 PM   #149
saldana
Pro Starter

Autumns vote for DT bothers me there, and if I didn't thin it would be a throwaway, I would go for him right now

Since I am not going to introduce a new candidate at this point, he can wait for tomorrow

vote raiders army
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 06:27 PM   #150
RendeR
Coordinator

Interesting. I actually assumed I catch a lot more flack for hanging on late last night.

Its also not uncommon at all to see both villagers and wolves do that, villagers wait to vote to chase out wolves, wolves do it to hide. Not sure how any of us can really read anything from a day 1 vote either way.

Things were tied, there was very little time left, I rolled a die and voted for the guy that came up.

My gut said Chief, but I had nothing to validate that choice, so I left it random.

Tonight I'm still feeling odd about Chief. He's a very good villager as Lathum said before he died. Today though he's doing more suspicion tossing than analysis. Might be nothing more than 2nd day crap though. I've been away for a long time. Please bear with me as I think out loud.

My real problem is I'm on the block tonight, so I have to save my vote for self preservation if nothing else.