Old 06-18-2012, 11:00 AM   #201
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

I get to bring additional slaves if I supervise as well I think
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:00 AM   #202
Autumn
Head Coach

If we had Chief+Engineer working on conversion, and two Engineers with 4 person team as well, we've occupied 12 people, produced 14 cycles of work.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:02 AM   #203
Autumn
Head Coach

So if one of the Engineers ran a slave team, along with Chubby, they would do 5 cycles of work for 2 AP.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:03 AM   #204
Autumn
Head Coach

Check my math on all this. ANd I'm not sur what it proves. But I've got to run out for a bit.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:09 AM   #205
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Gah, that's horrible. We have a hell of a lot of ground and people to protect.

That being the case, I would hope the Spawnling % are lower this time than in previous games since there are more outlets to become a Spawnling.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:10 AM   #206
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
From BK's write-up, we have detected spawn in the vicinity with Schmidty's device and we're leaving due to a couple of deaths from spawn, so it seems unlikely we don't have any to start. So if that's the only reason not to, then we should be executing without question.

Agreed. That also makes me feel better about post review today ... that there would be potential to find something damning, as opposed to it being a wasted day for analysis on top of votes.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:40 AM   #207
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Morni ng alll

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:04 PM   #208
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
"
The re-emergence of the Spawn had always been considered. It was why so many of those present and who had been mined had also been cross trained in other areas. Now the decision had been made by
Captain Jag and Second Officer Girl to make one of the few pure Miners, Abe Sergant into the trainer.

I'll be the best trainee ever!

Old 06-18-2012, 12:04 PM   #209
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Ok, to get a preliminary idea of what we want people to do today, I'm copying BK's post and putting thoughts by people's names. As a quick summary, since the security personnel have a lot of ground to cover, I think they should not be involved in the conversion work and saldana's role is awfully important as well so I don't think he should do that work either. This is partly to figure out if we want one or two teams of slaves with the engineers.

The Crew

Command Staff
Captain - JAG - 1/3 APs for designating Abe's training, unsure of other 2AP, may depend on whether all people check in.
First Officer - Autumn - Organizing away missions.
Second Officer - Lonestargirl - reassigning miner to ... galley master?
Security Chief - Packerfantic - doing security-type stuff
Ensign - Zinto - candidate to do conversion work

Chief Engineer - hoopsguy - working with an engineer on conversion work
Engineers --- 0-1 supervising groups of people, 1-2 supervising groups of slaves, 1 working with hoops.
Crimson
Darth
Simbo

Medical Staff
Doctor - saldana -- checking someone

Security Staff --- doing security-type stuff
Sergeant at Arms - Danny
Slavemaster - Chubby
Security Crewman - Chief Rum
Security Crewman - dubb

Scientists
Schmidty --- candidate for conversion work
Britrock88--- will help train Abe to be a trainer

Miners

Shiggles - candidate for conversion work
Julio - be assigned to galley master?
mauboy - candidate for conversion work
Abe Sargent - will be trained as trainer

Of course dependent on whether or not someone is executed.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:06 PM   #210
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
Can I, as a scientist, train with Abe at night?

Bow chicka chicka bow bow!

Old 06-18-2012, 12:07 PM   #211
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Checking in, catching up.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:11 PM   #212
Barkeep49
Coordinator

A reminder that if you want to actually do something you need to PM me. For public roles in most cases that will then result in my posting in the thread stating what you are doing. So far no one has done anything. This might be intentional as you get your bearings, but wanted to point this out. Also please remember that away missions must be done by 6 PM.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:13 PM   #213
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Given your new situation, the Command Staff gathers to begin to prepare for your exit. They emerge agreeing that while no trainer is yet present, having one would be useful. The scientists inform them that there is a way for a new trainer to be trained. If a player spends 4 cycles (Day or Night) in training, assisted in at least 2 of those cycles by a scientist, it will be possible for a person to become familiar enough with the training equipment to use it.

It's now up to the Second Officer and Captain to decide who, if anyone, that trainer may be.

[/color]

BK, do I need to tell you if I want to spend Day 1 in training my pm or in this thread?

Old 06-18-2012, 12:13 PM   #214
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

You just posted as I was creating my question. Heh

Old 06-18-2012, 12:14 PM   #215
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Okay, since the Trainer needs four cycles and only two scientists to help for two of those, I'll submit for Day One training on my account and the scientists can go elsewhere for the action. Then at night someone can come help.

Old 06-18-2012, 12:18 PM   #216
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Abe Sargent is pleased by the opportunity afford him and eagerly begins to read technical manuals so he will understanding how to work the trainer's equipment.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 06-18-2012 at 12:18 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:18 PM   #217
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Security crewman and all around asshole Chief Rum checking in. I am a Chief by name, not rank. If you presume I am an officer, I will stick my hand so far up your ass, you'll think you're Spawned.

Okay, obviously, this ruleset is crazy huge. It is to the point where simply trying to capture it all and dumb it down to a WW strategy is virtually impossible. It is simply too huge of a ruleset.

As such, I would recommend we all take the mindset that we really are making real life decisions in a colony-camp and Spawn, with an eye toward attaining the goal of getting the ship built. I am not saying we should not be searching for Spawn, but I definitely think we should concentrate on our work on the ship.

I do think some of us should keep an eye on the "numbers"--the WW strategy. But the rest of us should concentrate on how to best do our jobs, as the Captain sees fit.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:19 PM   #218
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Captain JAG, if there is an away mission, I would like to volunteer for it, and to serve it as a guard.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:21 PM   #219
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Security Chief PackerFanatic, I would humbly recommend you advise Sergeant-at-Arms Danny to distribute phasers to all security personell (and only security personnell--outside of officers' needs of course).

Old 06-18-2012, 12:23 PM   #220
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Since we mostly start in building D, maybe working on converting that is a safe bet early on too. Keep from going outside for a bit til we get our feet as wet as possible.

I like the idea of converting the 3 storage buildings too, since we can't make use of them anyway.

I'm still finding myself re-reading things to make sure it all makes sense, but the above are my early thoughts.

FUCK EA
Old 06-18-2012, 12:25 PM   #221
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

20 players, 19 available phasers. Does this ping anyone else?
Old 06-18-2012, 12:27 PM   #222
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
20 players, 19 available phasers. Does this ping anyone else?

Are you suggesting there is a 20th phaser that is unaccounted for?

Old 06-18-2012, 12:29 PM   #223
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

My hands are aching to do some work in the mean time between now and whenever I get any possible promotion.

FUCK EA
Old 06-18-2012, 12:30 PM   #224
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post

I'm suggesting nothing, just an observation that some may have missed. Is there a 20th phaser? Is there only 19 because there is one amongst us who doesn't need a phaser?
Old 06-18-2012, 12:30 PM   #225
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
Okay, since the Trainer needs four cycles and only two scientists to help for two of those, I'll submit for Day One training on my account and the scientists can go elsewhere for the action. Then at night someone can come help.

One of the scientists should probably assist you today (and maybe one tonight but then they will be exhausted and more vulnerable to attack, so I don't know if that's a great idea), because we're going to want then to go on away missions after today.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:31 PM   #226
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Okay, I submitted my order to BK to train today, so I can't be in nay missions, and if a scientist wants to jump abroad, you can pm him too I assume, BK let us know if I am wrong

Old 06-18-2012, 12:32 PM   #227
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
A reminder that if you want to actually do something you need to PM me. For public roles in most cases that will then result in my posting in the thread stating what you are doing. So far no one has done anything. This might be intentional as you get your bearings, but wanted to point this out. Also please remember that away missions must be done by 6 PM.

Heeeeey Second officer Girl sent you a request
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:34 PM   #228
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
The 20th Phaser is the 3 shot phaser the Security Chief automatically has.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:36 PM   #229
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
Okay, I submitted my order to BK to train today, so I can't be in nay missions, and if a scientist wants to jump abroad, you can pm him too I assume, BK let us know if I am wrong
Correct. Abe us now not eligible for any away mission.

And yes LSG did indeed PM about Abe, though that still leaves her with her 1 AP for the day.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:37 PM   #230
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

See, that's why I asked makes sense
Old 06-18-2012, 12:45 PM   #231
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Looks like 2pm est ill have to get back to hands on work, I do like orientation days when playing ww
Old 06-18-2012, 12:47 PM   #232
Autumn
Head Coach

We are safe going from building to building today, since the fence is still intact. This may mean it makes double sense to do conversion work today, and put away missions off until tomorrow.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:48 PM   #233
Autumn
Head Coach

So JAG, looking at your list, it seems there's only about four people, other then engineers, who we want doing conversion work. So we could have one engineer run a team of four, one engineer and Chubby running a team of eight slaves, and one engineer working with the Chief Engineer.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:48 PM   #234
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Unless I'm reading this wrong (it's happened before) our ultimate goal is to lift off so no new spawns can be created.

In order to take off we have to convert several areas of the ship; offices, crew quarters, water plant, warehouses, and power facilities.

I don't know what I can do as a second officer to expedite these conversions, but I think these are top priorities
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:48 PM   #235
Autumn
Head Coach

Tomorrow we should plan on running two away missions I think, so we can start thinking about who should be available for that. One scientist on each mission I think.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:51 PM   #236
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Again, I bow to the decisions of our officers, but I am of the opinion we should not discount the need for away missions. An attack on our water module tonight, for instance, might leave us without a source of water for a bit, and it did not fail to pass my attention that if we go two days without water, we, umm, die.

Old 06-18-2012, 12:58 PM   #237
Autumn
Head Coach

Chief, my thought is that we will go collect water tomorrow. I'm assuming, but perhaps wrongly so, that if we get water damage tonight, but collect water tomorrow, we'll be okay.

If we wait and go tomorrow we can collect more water per AP is my hope.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:58 PM   #238
Autumn
Head Coach

Barkeep, I assume but don't see it spelled out that it costs 1 AP to go on an Away mission. Is this true for the officers leading it as well?
Old 06-18-2012, 01:03 PM   #239
Autumn
Head Coach

Barkeep, at what point is Dehydrated status determined? Is that at the start of Day cycle, or the end?
Old 06-18-2012, 01:05 PM   #240
Zinto
College Starter

Yeah, I think we should be fine on water for today but we need to be aware of our water situation as the game progresses. We also need to start figuring out our plan of actions for today since we are getting closer to the deadline.

I am willing to do some conversion work today, if that is what Captain Jag thinks is the best plan of action.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:06 PM   #241
Autumn
Head Coach

Tomorrow we'll want one mission with an Officer, a Scientist and three others. Three miners for the mining mission, three others for the water mission.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:08 PM   #242
Autumn
Head Coach

If we have a Galley Master, and if Danny assigns them a phaser, they can protect the Water Plant tonight also.

The security crew will have to figure out a system for protection at night to keep everyone from getting exhausted, but I'll leave that to them and they'll want some sort of randomness to it to avoid the Spawn figuring it out.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:09 PM   #243
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I'm thinking today is a free go get water day, with no pressure.

If there is a successful attack on the water module tonight, we will have two days to get enough water for all of us, which will be 15 at the end of the lynch on Day Three. We will need to use man cycles to repair the water module AND also send an away team out for more water, meaning less ability to do any work on anything that gets us off the planet. We also don't have any idea what kind of water levels such a team brings back. What if it's a small amount? And these missions, assuming the Spawn have some ability to target them or sabotage their efforts, will be under sharp attack, because it would be an easy victory for the Spawn if we all start to die off from dehydration.

If we send out a team today, we protect ourselves from having to find out about these things while under pressure, and we build a reserve so that we don't have to be desperate tomorrow. Having a reserve, in fact, might dissuade the Spawn from even making the water module a target.

Old 06-18-2012, 01:11 PM   #244
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Barkeep, I assume but don't see it spelled out that it costs 1 AP to go on an Away mission. Is this true for the officers leading it as well?

Away missions cost 1 AP. It's laid out in actions available to all.

Quote:
Barkeep, at what point is Dehydrated status determined? Is that at the start of Day cycle, or the end?

Water is consumed at the start of the Day cycle. If the Water plant is not working at that time then any water in storage will be used. Any people who still can't get water will become dehydrated.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:11 PM   #245
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I say we maintain the water as a top priority, and since the fences are apparently intact today, we can spread our people out and start on converting as many buildings as possible. I guess then we can pick pieces from those crews to send on away missions as needed.

First and foremost, though, I agree that water is a priority to get secured, build a reserve, and set up to be maintained. It might be nice to get some people in the Security HQ to help keep other shit in order before we become too few to spare the manpower needed to keep that in working order.

FUCK EA
Old 06-18-2012, 01:14 PM   #246
Autumn
Head Coach

So it sounds like from BK's response that dehydration would set in right away in the morning if the water plant was attacked tonight. So that makes me think you're right, chief, about needing a reserve right away. As i've said, I'd prefer to do less away missions and produce less chances for spawning, but what can you do.

So we don't have a ton of free people, so I'd suggest that we convert with slaves mostly, and take the few free people on the water mission. Or I suppose we could do it the other way and send hte slaves to get water.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:20 PM   #247
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Sending the slaves to get water sounds good to me.

FUCK EA
Old 06-18-2012, 01:21 PM   #248
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:

Yup, I already have one.
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:22 PM   #249
Autumn
Head Coach

If the slaves get spawnified they most likely die, which I guess is a better result than having a conversion. So the slave master could lead 4 slaves to get water. It doesn't really make sense to send a scientist with a slave team I don't think, as you can't have odd amounts of slaves.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:25 PM   #250
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
If the slaves get spawnified they most likely die, which I guess is a better result than having a conversion. So the slave master could lead 4 slaves to get water. It doesn't really make sense to send a scientist with a slave team I don't think, as you can't have odd amounts of slaves.
On away teams you may have an odd number of slaves.