Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-13-2005, 06:22 PM   #101
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Heh, no kidding. I wanted him to get a bit of a slap on the wrist and get voted out early here and let bygones be bygones next game. But if he really thinks his actions were justified...

Just admit you lost your cool for a stupid reason and you were a jerk suffering from martyritis and don't let it happen next time. Hell, just stop posting, you would still come off looking better.

Last edited by jeff061 : 08-13-2005 at 06:23 PM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 07:03 PM   #102
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

I'm gonna have to agree with the general populous here. In the other game you did a great job dividing the villagers with your antics RealDeal. I don't know you at all, but the attitude you showed in the last game makes me hesitant to keep you around....
Old 08-13-2005, 07:07 PM   #103
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

This stuff is counterproductive. We're wasting a good day here.

Vote jeff061

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 07:08 PM   #104
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Ok. Show me a productive day 1 and I'll agree. I'd never do this 2 and beyond.

Old 08-13-2005, 07:19 PM   #105
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

Vote RealDeal
Bearcat729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 09:10 PM   #106
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Like I said, I apologize to the players in WW IX for letting my feelings about Blade spill over into their enjoyment of the game. It was overboard, I admit. What I have set out is a not an excuse, but it is a reason, why I was angry:

I would never get angry at anyone simply for accusing me, let me make that very clear. That after all is the point of the game. I had followed or read all the previous WW threads and had never seen anything like what Blade did in WW IX. Everyone else seems to think I'm nuts, so maybe I am. What I saw from my perspective was a guy who misinterpreted a hint (which is OK), but then kept on it even after i made clear what the hint was (still an honest mistake?) and then piled on harder even after digamma's pm's went public (that's when I sort of went over the edge). It didn't appear to make any sense in the game, and that's what pissed me off. Then when I found out he wasn't a wolf, I really went off. Why a villager zero in on one guy like that with no evidence at all?

Then I got even more upset when I felt like everyone was mad at me, and no one even asked Blade for an explanation. It just didn't feel fair: why would every single person defend Blade? No one saw where I was coming from?

Like I said, it's a reason, albeit not an excuse. I just want to make clear I wasn't entering the game looking for trouble. If you look at WW X and even if you at WW IX up until I hit my tipping point, I wasn't trolling around or anything. In fact, I correctly identified some strange voting patterns on Day 1 with Qwik (as it turned out it was Jeff, the king, also a sorcerer, who was trying to save him)

Until I snapped, I was playing it straight, and even after I got pissed at Blade, I wasn't trying to undermine the team. My votes were real and my info was correct.

Even now, it's hard to believe that no one understands where I was coming from, but I accept it. If 15 different people each think that I didn't have any basis for being upset, I'll accept that.

If people want to register their displeasure with me by voting me out, I don't think it's right, because it's essentially doing the same thing over again by brining out of game stuff into another game, but I'll take my medicine and move on from there.

The one thing I would make clear is you are killing a villager and, at a minimum, the villagers would be well served by at least splitting the voting up some. Killing me in a bandwagon gets you nowhere in trying to win the game. You can still kill me in a way that gives you some information that doesn't leave you nowhere further along on Day 2 than you were on Day 1.
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 09:48 PM   #107
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Were votes due tonight?
Old 08-13-2005, 09:52 PM   #108
MrBug708
Head Coach

Tomorrow
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 09:58 PM   #109
Blade6119
Coordinator

ill agree that a bandwagon doesnt help, and some people are voting for jeff as well...but to address your biggest complaint

GO THROUGH THE DAY YOU GOT MY LYNCHED AFTER I ACCUSED YOU...I LISTEDA LIST OF 5 OTHER SUSPECTS, AND GAVE REASONING FOR ALL...VINCE REPEATEDLY BACKED YOU AND SAID IT WAS NOT GOOD ENOUGH EVIDENCE....

I MYSELF AGREED WITH VINCE THAT IT WAS FLIMSY EVIDENCE, BUT STATED AT THE TIME THAT THAT WAS THE BEST EVIDENCE WE HAD TO GO ON...instead of presenting evidence on anyone, you voted back at me since you claimed i was stupid as your reasoning...now, in your defense, no one else posted any evidence either...if i had to better to go off of, i would have...thats why i didnt vote for you on day 2 or three, so dont give me this zero in on you crap...i had you on my suspect list, and on a day when there was nothing to go on i called you out...you not only didnt give me evidence to defend yourself besides your word(which, in warewolf games, no one's word means a damn thing until proven that they are a seer, which you didnt), you had a come-from behind vote switch with no real argument against me other then i voted for you(wolves love saving one of their own, so it added to my suspicions)...sorry, i wasnt out to get you, and you gave me no reason not to other then a claim to have the coat of arms...which frankly, doesnt mean anything until its proven by a trusted source..sorry you feel you were slighted, but i dont see how you were...all you did was retaliate against self-proclaimed flimsy evidence...instead of helping the team and giving a better option, you went off cursing and being a prick...im sorry, i dont see how you were slighted in any way..and you wanted someone to recognize my claims were weak, well all along i said they were...want me to go find it and qoute it for you??? If not, then stop whining and play the damn game with class like the rest of us.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 10:02 PM   #110
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
ill agree that a bandwagon doesnt help, and some people are voting for jeff as well...but to address your biggest complaint

GO THROUGH THE DAY YOU GOT MY LYNCHED AFTER I ACCUSED YOU...I LISTEDA LIST OF 5 OTHER SUSPECTS, AND GAVE REASONING FOR ALL...VINCE REPEATEDLY BACKED YOU AND SAID IT WAS NOT GOOD ENOUGH EVIDENCE....

I MYSELF AGREED WITH VINCE THAT IT WAS FLIMSY EVIDENCE, BUT STATED AT THE TIME THAT THAT WAS THE BEST EVIDENCE WE HAD TO GO ON...instead of presenting evidence on anyone, you voted back at me since you claimed i was stupid as your reasoning...now, in your defense, no one else posted any evidence either...if i had to better to go off of, i would have...thats why i didnt vote for you on day 2 or three, so dont give me this zero in on you crap...i had you on my suspect list, and on a day when there was nothing to go on i called you out...you not only didnt give me evidence to defend yourself besides your word(which, in warewolf games, no one's word means a damn thing until proven that they are a seer, which you didnt), you had a come-from behind vote switch with no real argument against me other then i voted for you(wolves love saving one of their own, so it added to my suspicions)...sorry, i wasnt out to get you, and you gave me no reason not to other then a claim to have the coat of arms...which frankly, doesnt mean anything until its proven by a trusted source..sorry you feel you were slighted, but i dont see how you were...all you did was retaliate against self-proclaimed flimsy evidence...instead of helping the team and giving a better option, you went off cursing and being a prick...im sorry, i dont see how you were slighted in any way..and you wanted someone to recognize my claims were weak, well all along i said they were...want me to go find it and qoute it for you??? If not, then stop whining and play the damn game with class like the rest of us.

Damnit, let it go. The guy's might be a jerk, but all you're doing is encouraging him. Shit.
Old 08-13-2005, 11:08 PM   #111
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

If you want a productive whole voting record, look at the last mafia game. Surely, part of that was an unprecedented amount of early identification of who was what (thanks in part to Neon having the normal villagers know each other and a couple of villagers dying very quickly). I can't say with certainty, but I think there was some useful voting information there even from the first day.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 08-14-2005, 05:06 AM   #112
Bek
High School JV

This may just be new guy craziness and all but im going to say it anyways...there seems to be only one way to end this constint fight between these two..vote them both off...realdeal the first night and blade the second...then they will have had time to think about what they have done and come into the next game with clear and happy thoughts...so following that
Vote RealDeal
Bek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 08:36 AM   #113
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Heh. First off its one way bickering. Blade was cool even has he was being called stupid and a moron for 3 days. Second off this can't carry through to the second day, no matter who gets voted the first night.

Last edited by jeff061 : 08-14-2005 at 08:37 AM.
Old 08-14-2005, 10:10 AM   #114
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Whats up guys. Just checking in real fast. I'm gonna head down south for the day and see the family so I might not be back until after the votes are due. If thats the case I better vote now, so I vote RealDeal. I wish I had some more info to go on, but since its the first day and all, thats who I'm voting for.
Old 08-14-2005, 12:29 PM   #115
Poli
FOFC Survivor

1st day vote always goes to Schmidty. I can't see jumping on the RealDeal bandwagon, and I just don't have time to read through the thread right now. I'll be on my way back to Chicago tonight when the voting ends, so I have to cast my vote now.

At least it's not going to knock you out of the game.

VOTE Schmidty
Old 08-14-2005, 12:58 PM   #116
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Well it's clear here that I'm going to be sacrificed here as a result of the Blade incident. I'm OK with that, but I would suggest that right now the bandwagon votes gives you no information to work with at all when you go into Day 2. You can kill me just as well and still get something to work with on Day 2.
Old 08-14-2005, 01:20 PM   #117
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I already complained about that, in fewer words, but it seems like they're more worried about getting you out than having any information to use down the road.

(Then again... it would be a good cover if a couple of the ringleaders were mafia, no?)

Old 08-14-2005, 02:20 PM   #118
korme
Go Reds

This is a group of idiots
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 02:21 PM   #119
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281
This is a group of idiots

Excuse me, rookie?
Old 08-14-2005, 02:50 PM   #120
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I would have been on last night but my god. Bought a gallon of Jim Beam for myself, a buddy and two chicks we met at the park. Woke up next to one of them that wanted a commitment from me, the dumb bitch. Had to kick her ass out and noticed all the Beam was gone......now onto getting rid of this headache. I can say one thing, high school chicks are freakin stupid.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 02:51 PM   #121
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
I would have been on last night but my god. Bought a gallon of Jim Beam for myself, a buddy and two chicks we met at the park. Woke up next to one of them that wanted a commitment from me, the dumb bitch. Had to kick her ass out and noticed all the Beam was gone......now onto getting rid of this headache. I can say one thing, high school chicks are freakin stupid.

Old 08-14-2005, 03:02 PM   #122
MrBug708
Head Coach

I echo that thought...
Old 08-14-2005, 03:32 PM   #123
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Wait it's probably a hint about his job.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 03:33 PM   #124
RealDeal
High School Varsity

vote Jeff061

Just want to make clear that I'm not voting for Jeff for any personal reasons relating to bringing the WW IX stuff over here. I just

don't want anyone saying that I'm improperly trying get myself killed and Jeff is the only guy other than me with one than one vote. This is my best vote of self-preservation.

As I've said before, a vote that's spread out a bit helps everyone a lot more than piling on. You want to get a voting record on people. Someone has to die the first turn, and it might as well be me, but don't let yourself get sidetracked from the point of the game, which is to get info that will help you kill wolves.
Old 08-14-2005, 03:33 PM   #125
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

eh, its the truth, not married and the chicks were 18 and i'm only 20 so it ain't bad except the hangover.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 05:40 PM   #126
digamma
Torchbearer

Odds are that RealDeal isn't in the mafia. It's also almost a truism that day one votes are meaningless in terms of gaining information on future votes.

I vote Fouts. I know it's the weekend, but he's typically pretty active in these games and we haven't really heard anything from him yet.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 06:05 PM   #127
SnDvls
Pro Starter

didn't realize we started yet with my fantasy draft and all. Not much to go on but the RealDeal bandwagon. I guess I'll throw one out as well even though it looks like it's a done deal with or without me.

vote Shorty

since he was the first to say he's a villager.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 06:24 PM   #128
Fouts
College Starter

I did post and there isn't much to go on. I'm gonna try and stay lowkey for these things since I get killed off early all the time now.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 06:31 PM   #129
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

You only get killed off early cause a seer spots you .

Last edited by jeff061 : 08-14-2005 at 06:31 PM.
Old 08-14-2005, 06:48 PM   #130
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday

(Then again... it would be a good cover if a couple of the ringleaders were mafia, no?)

This quote got me thinking, and I understand the odds that RealDeal is probably actually a villager. So, Unvote RealDeal and for the simple fact that he hasn't said one thing since he signed up for the game, Vote Aesyrqwe
Old 08-14-2005, 06:51 PM   #131
Aesyrqwe
High School JV

vote jeff061, was no need to carry the drama over from one game to another

-Aes

edit: first WW game, forgot to bold
#8 Grossman
#33 Tillman

Last edited by Aesyrqwe : 08-14-2005 at 07:13 PM.
Aesyrqwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 06:53 PM   #132
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Certainly was. He's not going to act like that again(I don't think), even if he lasts til the end of this game and I'm out the first night. Plenty worthwhile for this game and games in the future.

Old 08-14-2005, 07:06 PM   #133
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

You need to bold your vote Aes, so Neon doesn't over look it. There's a vote for Real somewhere on here that's not bolded as well.

Old 08-14-2005, 09:00 PM   #134
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Wooh! That was the fastest I've ever made the trip!
Old 08-14-2005, 09:18 PM   #135
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Votes:

RealDeal - jeff061, Blade6119, SackAttack, dubb93, Schmidty, illinifan999, Fouts, Bek
jeff061 - Shorty3281, Mr. Wednesday, RealDeal, Aesyrqwe
Schmidty - ardent enthusiast
Fouts - digamma
Shorty3281 - SnDvls
Aesyrqwe - pennywiseweb
No Votes - MrBug708, BearCat729

With a majority vote, you all corner RealDeal inside the slaughter shed. He pleads with you, saying that he's nothing more but a simple villager and that you're making a very big mistake. Blade6119 would have none of it, and quickly grabs a cleaver. jeff061, the first to accuse, is also the first to stab. Soon enough, everyone grabs something sharp and starts cutting up RealDeal. His screams did not last long... someone cut his throat, and all you could hear now is the gurgling sound of a dying man.

You then head to his room... look around, and see nothing of note. RealDeal was a villager!

Current Players:
1. dubb93
2. ardent enthusiast
3. SackAttack
4. Fouts
5. RealDeal - Villager, Lynched Day 1
6. Bearcat729
7. illinifan999
8. MrBug708
9. SnDvls
10. Mr. Wednesday
11. digamma
12. bek
13. Aesyrqwe
14. Shorty3281
15. pennywisesb
16. Schmidty
17. Blade6119
18. jeff061

It is now Night (1), those of you with Night Actions, kindly send them as soon as possible. Deadline for Night Actions is at 9AM EDT.

Last edited by Neon_Chaos : 08-15-2005 at 02:28 AM.
Neon_Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 09:27 PM   #136
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Old 08-14-2005, 09:50 PM   #137
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Medicine duly taken. Good luck villagers!
Old 08-14-2005, 10:20 PM   #138
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Well I guess that was kind of expected, so now we really get to see some people's analysis.
Old 08-14-2005, 10:27 PM   #139
MrBug708
Head Coach

Damn, I missed the vote guys...
Old 08-14-2005, 10:59 PM   #140
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinifan999
Well I guess that was kind of expected, so now we really get to see some people's analysis.

Agreed. Sucks that he was an innocent villager, but after seeing what happened last time and knowing that the animosity between the involved parties hasn't calmed at all, better to avert the turmoil now so the issue isn't confused when we're really getting down to the nitty-gritty.

That would be absolutely the last thing we need.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 02:22 AM   #141
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

You all wake up, and gather around the Village square... you notice that one man is missing. You head for Mr. Wednesday's room... he's not there. You all look around, and someone spots something in a back-alley. It is Mr. Wednesday, his body mangled, you see the marks of something that was wound tightly around his neck. What was Mr. Wednesday doing out of his house anyway?

You go back to his room, and look around. Binoculars? A notebook? You read through it... he was paranoid, apparently, and was going to look for someone, or something. He wanted to nail the Mafia, at least identify one of them. Mr. Wednesday was the Witness!

Quote:
Secret Role Description:
Witness - You may choose to view a Mafia kill. If you do so, the Mafia will know who you are, and you will know the identity of one of the Mafia. This is a one-time power only.
Two innocents dead... you don't know how many they are. You do know, however, that another must die today... you can hope you get one of the Mafia today.

Current Players:
1. dubb93
2. ardent enthusiast
3. SackAttack
4. Fouts
5. RealDeal - Villager, Lynched Day 1
6. Bearcat729
7. illinifan999
8. MrBug708
9. SnDvls
10. Mr. Wednesday - Witness, Killed By Mafia Night 1
11. digamma
12. bek
13. Aesyrqwe
14. Shorty3281
15. pennywisesb
16. Schmidty
17. Blade6119
18. jeff061

Day (2) has begun! Votes due at 9PM EDT!

Last edited by Neon_Chaos : 08-15-2005 at 02:27 AM.
Neon_Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 03:03 AM   #142
Blade6119
Coordinator

wow, thats crappy...losing a key role like that will make this day even more important...he voted for jeff, but couldnt have known anything on the first day...so where do we go?
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 04:55 AM   #143
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah that sucks. I'll go back and look over the first day in a bit, see if anything jumps out.

Old 08-15-2005, 06:25 AM   #144
Poli
FOFC Survivor

FYI, I start Naval Leadership school today. Today is supposed to be the long day of the school. I don't think I'll have net access for most of the day. When I get back in, I'll review the thread and make my decision then.

Hopefully, there are two witnesses or maybe some other hidden role that helps us out here.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:18 AM   #145
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Wow that could be possibly the worst secret role to lose so early on. We really need to get lucky today and nab a mafia.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:29 AM   #146
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Well, this is what I was going to go back and check out, just don't have time at the moment. Maybe it'll kick some discussion off.

This early I'm thinking people who were around early, though they waited a little while to vote to lose themselves in the masses. Could also be people who didn't show up until Sunday, I'm aware there are legitimate reasons for this. I don't think it would be one of the initial votes Saturday. I don't know how many Mafia there is, maybe three. I'm thinking two went against Real and one against myself.

I'll post more thoughts as I get them.

Last edited by jeff061 : 08-15-2005 at 07:32 AM.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:35 AM   #147
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Well, that sucks. Good luck, villagers.

Old 08-15-2005, 10:12 AM   #148
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Well doing a quick skim by what I said earlier I see Bek, Aesyrqw and Fouts(quietness is a catch-22 ).

Bearcat did not post and did not vote...

I'm certainly no where near sure any of these guys are mafia, just trying to spark some reasoning and discussion.

Last edited by jeff061 : 08-15-2005 at 10:13 AM.
Old 08-15-2005, 10:12 AM   #149
digamma
Torchbearer

That is a major blow. Add to that, we have almost nothing to go on for this vote. Arrghhh.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 10:18 AM   #150
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Should add I looked at Pennywise and Ardent strongly, but they both ended up being the lone vote for someone. Which drops them down a peg on my suspicion scale.