Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Assuming we have to specify, I would suggest:

Hoops converts Warehouse 2
Darth Vilus, Chubby and a team of 10 slaves converts Warehouse 2

CrimsonFox and a team of 6 slaves converts Warehouse 1
Simbo Klice and a team of Mauboy, Shiggles, Julio Riddols and ? converts Warehouse 1

Just to be clear, this is what I had proposed. I think at some point I reminded Darth to bring his slaves, but that probably got lost in the bustle.

Oh well, not surprising to have a bit of a screwup on day one I suppose.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:02 PM   #602
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
oh there's the problem then. Darth was supposed to supervise slaves with Chubby.

Bull shit, according to who? Did you completely miss me and Hoops saying we were going to work at that warehouse?

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:03 PM   #603
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
so any chance autumn did that on purpose?

I thought the same thing about JAG when it happened, so I can't blame you. But I'm not sure what you could think I did on purpose. I proposed a plan that would have worked and others didn't quite follow it.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:03 PM   #604
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Just a friendly reminder that if you have the possibility of doing a night action, whether public or private, it's helpful for you to PM me whether or not you're using it so I know if all night actions have been submitted.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:04 PM   #605
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
Bull shit, according to who? Did you completely miss me and Hoops saying we were going to work at that warehouse?

No, I'm the one who orchestrated you working there, and if you look back at the plans, you were supposed to supervise slaves with Chubby.

No need to get pissed, I've already said like three times it was an honest mistake and we'll have to try to do better tomorrow.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:05 PM   #606
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
I thought the same thing about JAG when it happened, so I can't blame you. But I'm not sure what you could think I did on purpose. I proposed a plan that would have worked and others didn't quite follow it.

Ah, so it was Jag who sent the wrong order.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:05 PM   #607
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

THROW AUTUMN INTO THE FLAMES!!!
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:06 PM   #608
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I love your sig Danny...
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:07 PM   #609
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
I love your sig Danny...

Old 06-18-2012, 09:08 PM   #610
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:

Well, seeing now that Darth was helping Hoops, I think JAG made a sensible move. Darth didn't realize what I had hoped he would do, I didn't notice that he didn't do it, and nobody caught it until too late.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:11 PM   #611
Danny
Head Coach

Ok, so probably just honest mistakes.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:11 PM   #612
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
so any chance autumn did that on purpose?

Quote:

First, I don't think Autumn did that on purpose. Anyone could have called him out on this.

Second, I didn't send in the order that Autumn proposed in his page 12 post because Chubby could only supervise slaves where an engineer was supervising. The only warehouse where that was was W1. I had to send Simbo to supervise there because we had a lot of people waiting around to convert there.

Honestly, I wasn't as on top of the planning for this as I probably should have been, but I ran out of time to give it the attention it deserved.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:12 PM   #613
Danny
Head Coach

OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!!!!
Old 06-18-2012, 09:15 PM   #614
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Don't forget your slaves, Darth.

Just like to point out this post before I left for dinner. I thought I had said so. If I hadn't been gone for a couple of hours I probably would have picked up on this, but I lost the thread. Sorry folks. It's a bummer because we would have two knocked out already.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:16 PM   #615
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Yes Autumn, you left after saying that stuff and no one understood exactly how it worked. I saw that hoops and Darth already submitted their orders as it just said they went off to WH2 but as I said that gets us 6 with only 1 left to do tomorrow which is fine.

As long as the simbo thing happened that's gravy.

Really glad JAG is able to submit order for people. We really be f-ed otherwise.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:19 PM   #616
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Okay here's what happened as I see it.

Autumn did figure things out correctly. However he didn't explain what rules he was using to figure those out and no one understood them. Chubby was in talks with security people and stuff so really I don't think he was paying attention.

Autumn left.

Hoops submitted an order to do work. Darth submitted an order to do work. THey both seemed aware of the order that a chief and nonchief working together = 6. NO one really knew about the slavemaster leading slaves boosting an engineer's supervising ability. And as there are so many rules can't blame em.

Meanwhile we scrambled to shove as many people at WH1 as possilble.

I don't think anyone did ANYTHING on purpose
Old 06-18-2012, 09:21 PM   #617
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Incidently hoops,

I volunteer to complete the work on Warehouse 2 tonight during night action. Just give me lots of diet dr pepper to stay awake.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:23 PM   #618
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I'ma studying tonight

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:24 PM   #619
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm not sure it makes sense to tell people you're thinking of taking night actions guys, if it's going to leave you weakened.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:25 PM   #620
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I don't actually think making plans for everybody is going to work seeing as there are so many of us and some get on at different times. I think we need to compartmentalize into our respective groups and just talk amongst our selves and then just share the results of what we each plan. Cause really I haven't even read any of the gun and officer and security stuff and I doubt most have read the engineer stuff.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:26 PM   #621
Autumn
Head Coach

That's probably true in some ways, CF, with JAG at least mediating everything. But they're not exclusive, as we have to divide workers and slaves between the engineering work and away missions, for example.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:28 PM   #622
Autumn
Head Coach

We will see what happens during the night, but I have prepped a mining plan and a water plan, and so we may want to try running two missions tomorrow. That would keep the two scientists, two officers and 6 others busy (ideally not slaves). So maybe the engineers should plan on mostly using slave labor tomorrow.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:31 PM   #623
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
That's probably true in some ways, CF, with JAG at least mediating everything. But they're not exclusive, as we have to divide workers and slaves between the engineering work and away missions, for example.

true we just need jag to sort out the bookkeeping of slaves and if we need multiopple personnel from different groups (like chubby and the slaves helping others)
Old 06-18-2012, 09:31 PM   #624
Zinto
College Starter

Yeah even though I am a little late, we should not assume that Autumn purposely screwed up anything today. That seems like too aggressive and obvious for a spawn to do on day one.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:33 PM   #625
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
I'm not sure it makes sense to tell people you're thinking of taking night actions guys, if it's going to leave you weakened.

*shrug* was just an idea. I don't really know what all is possible at night. I"m guessing various people have different night orders. Just seeing what people thought.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:40 PM   #626
britrock88
Pro Starter

As much as I'd like to spend more time with Abe, this thought just came to mind. We have two fairly important missions tomorrow. Maybe I should rest up tonight so that I'm not an exhausted and thereby less effective scientist on an away mission? I'd gladly help Abe train tomorrow night to get him up to speed as the trainer.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:42 PM   #627
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
Yeah even though I am a little late, we should not assume that Autumn purposely screwed up anything today. That seems like too aggressive and obvious for a spawn to do on day one.

I know how people get in Werewolf, and this will eventually be Werewolf, so I feel the need to clarify this point that keeps coming up.

I didn't do anything that led us to miss out on converting the two warehouses. There was nothing I did that resulted in that. I came up with a plan that would have converted the two, if we had managed to all follow it. So while I understand that this is Werewolf and we're going to wonder if someone messed up on purpose, even if that was the case it couldn't be me. I didn't submit any of the orders, and the orders I suggested submitting were the right orders. So I'm not sure why people are saying "I doubt Autumn did that on purpose." If you want to be paranoid, be paranoid about the people who actually *did that*. (but don't really because I don't see any reason to think it was on purpose). It's just kind of weirding me out that people are focusing on me.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:43 PM   #628
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm not sure if being Exhausted will make you less useful on the mission or not, Britrock, the rules seem vague on that. But I am a bit worried about anything that results in people publicly being shown to be Exhausted, and thus easier targets.

What's the deal with Abe, we have to train him for four cycles?
Old 06-18-2012, 09:46 PM   #629
Shiggles
Mascot

I cast spell of wombat protection on Autumn as well, may their teeth be blunted, and our skin be thickened! Course, Autumn is under watch now, wouldnt hurt to scan to be sure. I need a drink
Shiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:47 PM   #630
Autumn
Head Coach

I think I could guess that Shiggles is a friend of CrimsonFox's even if I didn't know it.

;-)
Old 06-18-2012, 09:52 PM   #631
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Nice. Any tally on who needs to submit their orders still?

I agree with not executing today. We needed all day just to get a handle on the rule set, best not to distract ourselves with voting. In addition I think we will have some more results to look at by morning that can guide our votes. The benefit to this style of game is we have concrete things besides votes that can guide us.

If by "guide" you mean "distract" then I agree

Seriously, just want to make sure that people understand that the "no execute" stuff has to have a limited shelf life. This is werewolf, we have to make choices, no matter the pretty wrapper around the game. Choices = information, and rooting out spawn is a very big part of winning.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:53 PM   #632
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiggles View Post
I cast spell of wombat protection on Autumn as well, may their teeth be blunted, and our skin be thickened! Course, Autumn is under watch now, wouldnt hurt to scan to be sure. I need a drink

I still have some Schlitz left from when I watched everyone work on converting Warehouse 1.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:54 PM   #633
Shiggles
Mascot

Quote:
I think I could guess that Shiggles is a friend of CrimsonFox's even if I didn't know it.

;-)

Old 06-18-2012, 09:56 PM   #634
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm not sure if being Exhausted will make you less useful on the mission or not, Britrock, the rules seem vague on that. But I am a bit worried about anything that results in people publicly being shown to be Exhausted, and thus easier targets.

What's the deal with Abe, we have to train him for four cycles?

Yeah, he needs four cycles, two of them with a scientist. We worked together today, and you can assume what Abe's doing tonight. But, in line with your thinking, I'll try to keep from showing as exhausted so as to be 1) less vulnerable to attack and 2) possibly more effective on the away mission tomorrow (without checking, I think BK's rules mentions that exhaustion makes you worse at performing crew duties).
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:58 PM   #635
Shiggles
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
I still have some Schlitz left from when I watched everyone work on converting Warehouse 1.

Good! for we shall sing of our glorious triumph at converting the first warehouse all the night! No one has to work tomorrow right? oh yeah, spawn invasion. Blast. we should do something about that.

P.S. nice job at management role, effictively delegating work is an important mark of a true leader *hunches back down as whip cracks above him*
Old 06-18-2012, 09:59 PM   #636
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Incidently hoops,

I volunteer to complete the work on Warehouse 2 tonight during night action. Just give me lots of diet dr pepper to stay awake.

I agree it would be good to get that done, although I'm not sure there is value in having it done at the end of Night 1 instead of at the end of Day 2. Is there something I'm missing relative to short-term value for completing this, given the remaining long-term need to convert other buildings?

Bottom line - there might be better things to be exhausted over ... that is the heart of my question.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:01 PM   #637
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Oh I managed all right. I managed to get drunk enough to forget about my space dad beating me.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:01 PM   #638
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
We will see what happens during the night, but I have prepped a mining plan and a water plan, and so we may want to try running two missions tomorrow. That would keep the two scientists, two officers and 6 others busy (ideally not slaves). So maybe the engineers should plan on mostly using slave labor tomorrow.

If you are formulating those kinds of plans, please post them before deadline on chance you become a night target ... they will probably have reasons to go after the more logical players who have been active in the thread.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:01 PM   #639
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I agree it would be good to get that done, although I'm not sure there is value in having it done at the end of Night 1 instead of at the end of Day 2. Is there something I'm missing relative to short-term value for completing this, given the remaining long-term need to convert other buildings?

Bottom line - there might be better things to be exhausted over ... that is the heart of my question.

only thought was if it's done then it's done and we can work on other things.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:02 PM   #640
Autumn
Head Coach

Oh sorry Hoops, I jsut mean in terms of my role, I spent today "planning" so that a future water and a future mining mission will be more successful. not that I have actual good plans to post in thread.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:02 PM   #641
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

And hoops, sorry if I'm stepping on your toes or anything. Just wanted to make sure things got done today and we figured this stuff out so everyone knew what we needed. Wasn't sure your availability today.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:03 PM   #642
Autumn
Head Coach

I think I already posted my thoughts on the missions. We need two scientists, two officers, and six volunteers (hopefully three of them miners). So we should think about who those should be, and have the rest ready to deal with repairs/conversions.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:04 PM   #643
hoopsguy
General Manager

Crimson, not worried about the toes at all - happy to have others interested. Just want to make sure that when I am around to contribute to the thread that I'm bringing my perspective (whatever that is worth) from previous Spawn games.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:04 PM   #644
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

we can cure infected people that get sp0wned yes?
Old 06-18-2012, 10:05 PM   #645
Autumn
Head Coach

I have a few thoughts on how to compose the mission, but it might be good to wait until dawn to spell those out.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:05 PM   #646
hoopsguy
General Manager

Is the general plan that we'll keep our night plans to ourselves?
Old 06-18-2012, 10:05 PM   #647
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:

I think only if we catch them soon enough. While they're spawnlings, which just sounds cute.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:07 PM   #648
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Is the general plan that we'll keep our night plans to ourselves?

I guess if the result is going to be publicly visible one could let everybody know. But my worry is that if the Spawn know who is exhausted tomorrow they'll target those people for easy kills/spawnification. Besides any other advantage of knowing what people are up to. Hopefully most people will be sleeping other than our guards.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:08 PM   #649
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

Yep, Examination for Doctor.

Spawnlings
These are crew members who are not quite Spawn. If they are not cured in time they will become Spawn and be randomly assigned a role from the Other Spawn list (see above). Crew members might or might not know they are spawnlings, but the Hive Mind knows the identities of all spawnlings.

Doctor (2 AP per cycle)
All work of the doctor is done in the Medical Facilities.

Examination Day Only The doctor may choose to examine any crew member. If the crew member is a survivor, the doctor will learn this. If the crew member is infected, but has not yet become a spawn, the doctor will learn this, and will have a good chance to cure the crew member. If the crew member is a spawn both the doctor and the spawn will be killed. 2 AP

Cure Wound Day Only This will change a person’s status from Wounded to normal (see Status below). 1 AP
Old 06-18-2012, 10:08 PM   #650
Autumn
Head Coach

Speaking of sleep, I will get it. I'm heading out, I'll be back on in 10 hours or so.