Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-02-2020, 10:30 AM   #24151
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post

Trump's campaign doesn't seem to understand that need need to persuade people that either didn't vote in 2016 or voted for Clinton to now vote for him. Ever greater base mobilization won't work.

Shhh, don't tell them
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 10:33 AM   #24152
JPhillips
General Manager

Damn. I can't imagine this won't get a response from the WH.

Old 06-02-2020, 11:41 AM   #24153
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/02/tech/...unt/index.html

A right wing white supremacist group created a lightly-followed twitter account claiming to be affiliated as ANTIFA and started calling for more riots and violence. Twitter took it down, but not before Don Jr. pointed his followers toward it.

I'm pretty sure that the fact that Don Jr. knew exactly where and when to look to amplify white supremacists trying to incite violence is one of those things that we will all just pretend is a remarkable coincidence. No need to do any actual journalism to follow that string where it leads. Nosiree Bob. Both parties are exactly morally equivalent. That's our story, and we will die (literally) before re-examining it.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 11:50 AM   #24154
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I do think Trump fucked up by the St. John fiasco. Liberal religious leaders spoke against policies of the President, but now more and more of them are speaking out against him in general. And a lot of religious people, not just on the far left are pissed at his using the Bible and the Church as a prop.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 06-02-2020, 11:52 AM   #24155
RainMaker
General Manager

Don Jr has amplified white supremacists online for years now. He isn't shy about his beliefs.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 11:54 AM   #24156
HomerSimpson98
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
I do think Trump fucked up by the St. John fiasco. Liberal religious leaders spoke against policies of the President, but now more and more of them are speaking out against him in general. And a lot of religious people, not just on the far left are pissed at his using the Bible and the Church as a prop.

Yeah even my heavy red area is denouncing that act. While all of this protesting and looting is tragic and claimed lots of innocent people in its wake, some people in my neck of the woods are starting to get woke. Thats a good thing.
HomerSimpson98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 11:56 AM   #24157
RainMaker
General Manager

I don't think evangelicals who support him are going to finally stop. Their belief system was exposed when they lined up behind him and there is no turning back.
Old 06-02-2020, 12:14 PM   #24158
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Don Jr has amplified white supremacists online for years now. He isn't shy about his beliefs.

Oh yeah.

But, when he pointed toward the tweet, they were not yet outed as White supremacists. They were still pretending to be ANTIFA affiliated. So he would not have just come across that tweet randomly.

I guess the distinction between Don Jr. supporting white supremacists and Don Jr. working with white supremacists is a bit academic at this point.
Old 06-02-2020, 12:16 PM   #24159
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

And in case we are wondering how any of this is playing in base-land, my facebook feed is a bit more active, so they are worked up. But so far it is all shares of generic anti-Hillary, anti-Obama stuff. They don't seem to have decided on a message specific to this moment quite yet.
Old 06-02-2020, 12:29 PM   #24160
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Oh yeah.

But, when he pointed toward the tweet, they were not yet outed as White supremacists. They were still pretending to be ANTIFA affiliated. So he would not have just come across that tweet randomly.

I guess the distinction between Don Jr. supporting white supremacists and Don Jr. working with white supremacists is a bit academic at this point.

Good point. I would guess someone in that world told him about it and he amplified it. He was very cozy with white supremacists and neo-nazis during the campaign. Even went on a radio show that gets syndicated on Stormfront.
Old 06-02-2020, 12:31 PM   #24161
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Re: Evangelicals. They aren't going to change (though, anecdotally, a lot of young Evangelicals seems a little tired of his BS). However mainline Protestants and Catholics had a split in 2016. Stunts like this pissed of the mainline Protestants and Catholics (even though who are more conservative than their leadership).

TEC Presiding Bishop Michael Curry, ELCA Presiding Bishop Elizabeth Eaton, and the Catholic Archbishop of Washington DC have made very strong critical statements of the President's actions. Effectively calling it sacrilege.

Old 06-02-2020, 01:13 PM   #24162
thesloppy
Pro Starter

If absolutely nothing else, I guess I can at least eke some solace out of the fact that Trump obviously hates every waking minute of his job & life right now. He used to have his rallies and golf and he could simply point at the coasting economy and all the sycophants surrounding him would nod their heads. Now he's just got a pile of shit he has to answer for every day. Welcome to reality.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 02:13 PM   #24163
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Just saw a poll indicating that only 43% of Trump voters say he's handling the protests well. Of course, I'm sure a certain percentage of those are "...cause he shoulda killed 'em by now." But still, that is his best number among any group in the pool.. Next-best? Over 65: 28% favorable, 50% unfavorable.

Overall? 20% favorable, 54% unfavorable.
Old 06-02-2020, 03:07 PM   #24164
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

If you're on this phone call, what are you thinking?

Trump cites Dallas beating to governors, leaves out details - Houston Chronicle

Quote:
“I saw what happened in Dallas, where they kicked a guy to death. I don’t know if he died or not, but if he didn’t it’s a miracle. What they did to him, they were kicking him like I’ve never seen anything like it in my life,” Trump said. “People don’t talk about that. They don’t talk about that. They’re talking about a lot of other things, but they don’t talk about that. But I saw what happened in Dallas. Those kids, they’re all on camera. They’re wise guys. It’s coming from the radical left. You know it, everybody knows it.”

I mean, I get it when he does his shitter Twitter in the morning, that this would be right up his alley. But to a group of governors? I mean, I know some of them are morons but I suspect a number of those went back and were like "uh, WTF?"

This is, of course, referencing some dumbass kid who tried to attack protesters with a machete and then got knocked the fuck out by a skateboard, among other things.

Salt Lake City Man Uses Hunting Bow on Protesters, Gets Swarmed
Then again, there was also a dude in Salt Lake City who got out his bow and arrow and tried to shoot it into the crowd and got the snot beat out of him, too. And then the local SLC news interviewed him like he was the victim.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 04:59 PM   #24165
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

So...Kanye West, who famously said that George W Bush doesn’t care about black people, is a supporter of the current President who wants to use the military to quell protests by black people that George W Bush has come out in favor of.

I’m so confused.

Kanye West doesn’t care about black people.
Old 06-02-2020, 05:55 PM   #24166
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
So...Kanye West, who famously said that George W Bush doesn’t care about black people, is a supporter of the current President who wants to use the military to quell protests by black people that George W Bush has come out in favor of.

I’m so confused.

Kanye West doesn’t care about black people.

I've honestly wondered if Kanye originally started supporting Trump just to be different and now he's just kind of stuck in it and too stubborn to admit he was wrong.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 05:58 PM   #24167
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Salt Lake City Man Uses Hunting Bow on Protesters, Gets Swarmed
Then again, there was also a dude in Salt Lake City who got out his bow and arrow and tried to shoot it into the crowd and got the snot beat out of him, too. And then the local SLC news interviewed him like he was the victim.

SI

Well to be fair he was a victim. Of his own stupidity. He's lucky he can talk to the news.
Old 06-02-2020, 05:59 PM   #24168
RainMaker
General Manager

Mentioned this in the other thread but it looks like they are using private military. Military is one thing but this starts to give off SS vibes.

Old 06-02-2020, 06:16 PM   #24169
cuervo72
Head Coach

Oh shoot, they probably have a huge non-bid contract with Blackw--I mean, "Academi" for this.
Old 06-02-2020, 06:56 PM   #24170
JPhillips
General Manager

They might also be CPB or ICE.
Old 06-02-2020, 06:59 PM   #24171
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:

In under armour and ratty tennis shoes?
Old 06-02-2020, 07:05 PM   #24172
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:

Both those identify themselves in uniform. This has some weird logo.
Old 06-02-2020, 07:09 PM   #24173
JPhillips
General Manager

I just know they've been called in, too.

These numbers are going to drive Trump crazy.

Old 06-02-2020, 08:03 PM   #24174
Thomkal
Head Coach

So my sister in law posted this today on Facebook.

"You may not like him but he is OUR President and he needs your prayers"

Then proceeded to post a picture of Trump and Melania with Trump looking like he was wiping away a tear from his eye and the following she got elsewhere:

Please stop for a minute to look at this picture. Can you imagine the weight he must be feeling. I know when he signed up for this role, without pay, he was willing to take on whatever, but the magnitude of what we’re experiencing has got to be paralyzing. And to some, nothing he does is ever right ...
I wonder how he must be dealing with it all. When his head finally hits the pillow at night after press conferences and meetings, Constantly trying to defend himself and protect our country... does he cry? Is he scared?
Is he even able to sleep?
Can he shut his mind off?
Or does he lay there and talk to God all night?
Whether he’s making you proud or not, I’m urging you to look at this photo and ask the Lord to soften your heart and lift him up in prayer. He needs them. He’s carrying the weight of our world on his shoulders and I don’t think anybody could/would be doing any better. Can I have a prayer and an Amen?

He just had peaceful protesters removed from in front of a church with tear gas, and then not go into the church but carrying a Bible for a photo op...yes I'm sure he talked to God about of all of that and begged for his forgiveness, yes I'm sure..
Old 06-02-2020, 08:06 PM   #24175
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post

Then proceeded to post a picture of Trump and Melania with Trump looking like he was wiping away a tear from his eye and the following she got elsewhere:

Please stop for a minute to look at this picture. Can you imagine the weight he must be feeling. I know when he signed up for this role, without pay, he was willing to take on whatever, but the magnitude of what we’re experiencing has got to be paralyzing. And to some, nothing he does is ever right ...
I wonder how he must be dealing with it all. When his head finally hits the pillow at night after press conferences and meetings, Constantly trying to defend himself and protect our country... does he cry? Is he scared?
Whether he’s making you proud or not, I’m urging you to look at this photo and ask the Lord to soften your heart and lift him up in prayer. He needs them. He’s carrying the weight of our world on his shoulders and I don’t think anybody could/would be doing any better. Can I have a prayer and an Amen?

He just had peaceful protesters removed from in front of a church with tear gas, and then not go into the church but carrying a Bible for a photo op...yes I'm sure he talked to God about of all of that and begged for his forgiveness, yes I'm sure..

This should be the default response any time religion and Trump is mentioned.

Old 06-02-2020, 08:17 PM   #24176
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Now did he return the bible? I saw him walking away with it. If he steals a bible, does that make him more evil?
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 08:21 PM   #24177
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

Mi wifes family is like this, maniacs. I have snoozed a lot of them. Her sister quit facebook a few weeks ago over her moms Trump inasity, my wife isn't very active, and I made it clear to my MIL I would unfriend her if she kept posting propaganda. I think the thought of not seeing any pics of her 4 grandkids is enough to mellow her out. She was the worst kind of facebook Trump supporter also. Constantly sharing nonsense.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 08:22 PM   #24178
JPhillips
General Manager

Ivanka brought the Bible in her purse.

Seriously. There's video.
Old 06-02-2020, 09:07 PM   #24179
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post

LOL, this will never get old. I would have trolled him and said, what do prefer, the old testament, new testament, Book of Eli or the trials of the Lorax? Just to get that all equal answer on video for eternity.
Old 06-02-2020, 09:15 PM   #24180
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
If you want anyone to read that that isn't willing to subscribe to read a news article you'll have to copy/paste it.

They give a certain number of free articles each month. Figured at the start of June like this folks might have free articles left. That's howbi was able to read it. Sorry.

But, yeah, Foz sums it up nicely.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 09:16 PM   #24181
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Mi wifes family is like this, maniacs. I have snoozed a lot of them. Her sister quit facebook a few weeks ago over her moms Trump inasity, my wife isn't very active, and I made it clear to my MIL I would unfriend her if she kept posting propaganda. I think the thought of not seeing any pics of her 4 grandkids is enough to mellow her out. She was the worst kind of facebook Trump supporter also. Constantly sharing nonsense.

Sadly I can see a point where especially if they vote Trump in 2020, I'm going to have to just stop talking/visiting about half my family.
Old 06-02-2020, 09:18 PM   #24182
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Ivanka brought the Bible in her purse.

Seriously. There's video.

Of course she did. Did Trump even go into the church to view the damage, talk to the clergy or congregation?
Old 06-02-2020, 09:32 PM   #24183
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Of course she did. Did Trump even go into the church to view the damage, talk to the clergy or congregation?

No, they gassed out the clergy that was there.
Old 06-02-2020, 09:33 PM   #24184
JPhillips
General Manager

There's some good news tonight. Steve King is getting bushwhacked in the GOP primary.

Suck it, racist.
Old 06-02-2020, 09:42 PM   #24185
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
There's some good news tonight. Steve King is getting bushwhacked in the GOP primary.

Suck it, racist.

It'd be nice to see King go down. Surprising as well. IIRC Feenstra's internal polling had him closing, but down.

I'm not sure who Scholten has a better chance against (he's outraised both) but just getting King out of Congress is a victory.
Old 06-02-2020, 09:47 PM   #24186
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

Suck it, racist.

Don't take this the wrong way, but you post a lot of interesting stuff but rarely a link to a source. You have one for this?

edit- I googled it and see what you mean, just more of an overall observation.

Last edited by Lathum : 06-02-2020 at 09:48 PM.
Old 06-02-2020, 09:55 PM   #24187
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:

They don't care. Evangelicals who support him are the most morally bankrupt people in this country. Bunch of raving hypocrites who use religion as a shield to hate on others. No arguing with those frauds.
Old 06-02-2020, 10:02 PM   #24188
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:

Suck it, racist.

It seems like the party got behind one of the candidate in hopes of removing him. Guessing King is too toxic for Fox News but have to imagine he'll get a gig at OANN, Breitbart, or some place.
Old 06-02-2020, 10:07 PM   #24189
Edward64
Head Coach

Trudeau had a great answer. It just took a pause of 20+ seconds before he answered.

Quote:
Trudeau was asked about Trump. See how long it took him to respond
A reporter asked Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau about smoke canisters and pepper balls being used on US protesters so that President Trump could have a photo-op in front of a burned church near the White House.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...p-news-videos/
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 10:30 PM   #24190
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
It'd be nice to see King go down. Surprising as well. IIRC Feenstra's internal polling had him closing, but down.

I'm not sure who Scholten has a better chance against (he's outraised both) but just getting King out of Congress is a victory.

Feenstra's a hard core Trumper, so it's not like he represents a huge change, but King is out and that's good news.
Old 06-02-2020, 10:31 PM   #24191
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Don't take this the wrong way, but you post a lot of interesting stuff but rarely a link to a source. You have one for this?

edit- I googled it and see what you mean, just more of an overall observation.

I hear you. It's tough because a lot of stuff is behind paywalls and people don't like links to those sites.
Old 06-02-2020, 10:33 PM   #24192
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I hear you. It's tough because a lot of stuff is behind paywalls and people don't like links to those sites.

makes sense
Old 06-03-2020, 12:59 AM   #24193
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:

Suck it, racist.

Is he a racist? Take a look at the ADL definition of racism and let me know what you think.

How about we have a discussion. List the top 4 or 5 things you think he's done that make him a racist. What part of the ADL's definition do they fall under? How do they compare to comments from actual racists (KKK, BLM, etc,)

I think he falls just short of racist, but definitely has said some dumb things. Here's hoping he can get some help working on his communication skills. Maybe Obama could take the lead on that.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 01:24 AM   #24194
RainMaker
General Manager

Old 06-03-2020, 01:44 AM   #24195
rjolley
College Starter

Wait, BLM is racist? Ok, gotta hear this one...how so?
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 01:46 AM   #24196
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post
Wait, BLM is racist? Ok, gotta hear this one...how so?

They aren't.

Old 06-03-2020, 01:50 AM   #24197
rjolley
College Starter

Ok, but that was a serious question. If you want to discuss it in private so there isn't any outside noise, please PM me. I am genuinely curious about that viewpoint, as I've heard it before but haven't been able to ask for or find any reason for it.
Old 06-03-2020, 01:56 AM   #24198
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post
Ok, but that was a serious question. If you want to discuss it in private so there isn't any outside noise, please PM me. I am genuinely curious about that viewpoint, as I've heard it before but haven't been able to ask for or find any reason for it.

For those who think they are racist, the argument would be that they single out the lives of one race over all others. Thus the counter mantra being "All Lives Matter". It's a dumb argument that looks ridiculously silly when you use the same logic on any other type of cause that focuses on a specific issue.

Old 06-03-2020, 02:02 AM   #24199
rjolley
College Starter

Yeah, listened to that from about 3 years ago and thought there was something else besides some people thinking that since other groups are not directly the focus that it must be racist. In ways, it feels like they're screaming out for attention instead of hearing that their friends need attention.

Thanks.
Old 06-03-2020, 06:20 AM   #24200
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
For those who think they are racist, the argument would be that they single out the lives of one race over all others. Thus the counter mantra being "All Lives Matter". It's a dumb argument that looks ridiculously silly when you use the same logic on any other type of cause that focuses on a specific issue.

You see, what you're doing is seeing an invisible "only" in front of "Black Lives Matter." The "only" is not there, and is not part of the movement. What is a part of the movement is the silent "too". It is not saying that their lives are more important at all. It is saying there lives should be equally important.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 06-03-2020 at 06:23 AM.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote