Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Baseball Text-Based Sims
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-20-2009, 07:21 PM   #1
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

United Baseball Assn Quickstart

After being asked if I had this league hosted somewhere in the Aging/Dev thread on the OOTP board, I realized that more people may be interested in using this league, so here it is.

The United Baseball Association

In the early 20th century, two new baseball leagues had plans of becoming rivals to major league baseball. In 1912, the United Baseball League played for about two months before going under. The Columbia League began play the same year, but didn't become a self-described "Major League" until they changed their name to the Federal League in 1914. But after the 1915 season, owners were essentially bought-out by MLB to become owners in their league.

But what if the Untied League didn't fail? What if some Federal League owners weren't "bought out" by MLB after the 1915 season?

The United Baseball Association imagines a world where the two failed leagues join in 1912 and succeed.

Teams

There United League and the Columbia League each have eight teams. At the end of the season, the winner of each league faces off in a best-of-nine contest for the Presidents Cup.

The United League consists of the following teams:

Boston Americans
Chicago Orphans
Cleveland Green Sox
Detroit Wolverines
New York Gothams
Philadelphia Keystones
Reading Reds
Washington Grays

The Columbia League consists of the following teams:

Baltimore Terrapins
Brooklyn Tip-Tops
Buffalo Blues
Chicago Whales
Kansas City Packers
Newark Peppers
Pittsburgh Rebels
St. Louis Terriers

Each team has a logo and uniform for FaceGen. Most of the uniforms are done by NoPepper (thanks!!!), although a few may be from other sources. There is also a named stadium for each team, but no custom stadium graphics.

Each team has two minor league affiliates (AAA and AA), but no custom graphics.

Settings

This is of course now YOUR universe, so you can obviously change whatever you'd like. But this is how the game is set-up in the quick-start.
  • Scouting off, Coaches on
  • Injuries are off, because I play FOOL style
  • Ratings 1-10
  • Custom Aging/Dev Settings
  • Personality and Morale off
  • 65/33/1/1 Evaluation Settings
  • Trades are off, but I turn them on in the off-season
  • No DH
  • League Strategy, Financial Settings, and Total Modifiers and PCM's all update each year according to real-life. Therefore, you will experience the dead ball era up through the modern era.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask! I hope you enjoy!

United Baseball Association QS

JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote