Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-02-2013, 01:37 PM   #101
Grover
Pro Starter

Picked up this game, based on this dynasty. A lot to take in, reminds me of CK2 more than a Civ type game. Hoping I can grasp it quickly.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:22 PM   #102
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
reminds me of CK2 more than a Civ type game.

Well, the EU and CK series are both developed by Paradox, so I can see how that would be.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:09 PM   #103
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
Well, the EU and CK series are both developed by Paradox, so I can see how that would be.

Shhh.

Old 10-02-2013, 05:56 PM   #104
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
I have no experience with Europa Universalis before this version, but I do have quite a few hours logged with Crusader Kings and March of Eagles (which essentially use the same game map...if nothing else).

This is why it's been a relatively easy learning curve. I've played a lot of CKII on those sad lonely Saturday Nights when I've got nothing planned (and the older I get, the more of those I have, apparently!)

Hearts of Iron on the other hand....doesn't compare close enough and I struggle to get into that game although I think it was Coffee Warlord who had a great dynasty involving HOI3.

Last edited by Dutch : 10-02-2013 at 05:56 PM.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:57 PM   #105
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
Picked up this game, based on this dynasty. A lot to take in, reminds me of CK2 more than a Civ type game. Hoping I can grasp it quickly.

You won't be disappointed, I'm not sure if they've even had to release a patch yet.

Last edited by Dutch : 10-02-2013 at 05:57 PM.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:06 PM   #106
Grover
Pro Starter

I've no real experience with either. So, like I said, we'll see how it goes.

Old 10-04-2013, 12:45 PM   #107
Grover
Pro Starter

My major question with this game is how do I take multiple regimens and put them into one unit. i.e turning a regimen of 1,000 units into an army of 10,000, etc.

Old 10-04-2013, 01:46 PM   #108
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
This is why it's been a relatively easy learning curve. I've played a lot of CKII on those sad lonely Saturday Nights when I've got nothing planned (and the older I get, the more of those I have, apparently!)

Hearts of Iron on the other hand....doesn't compare close enough and I struggle to get into that game although I think it was Coffee Warlord who had a great dynasty involving HOI3.

Yeah, I'm still bitter that one had to end. I didn't realize the mod I was playing didn't have the UK surrender events finished at that point
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:32 PM   #109
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
ACT VI (1661– 1718) – Aztec...Colonials?

(...to be continued...)

...and...ACTION!
Old 10-04-2013, 04:34 PM   #110
Dutch
"Dutch"

-- The Aztec Empire has become fanatical about Catholicism. They will no doubt defend it wherever Christians are being harmed! (Much like how the Portuguese game to the Castillians defense back in the day!)

Old 10-04-2013, 04:36 PM   #111
Dutch
"Dutch"

-- And here's something that really never happened...

-- The Aztec's have sent their first Aztec Colonists outside of the Empire to settle a region along the northwestern coast. It is lands unoccupied by Castille or France.

-- No doubt the Native Americans of modern Southwestern United States looked upon these Aztec's in amazement. It is thought that the first Apache natives to see Aztec colonists exclaimed, "Check these muthafuckers out!"
Old 10-04-2013, 04:39 PM   #112
Dutch
"Dutch"

*You can see where the empire has expanded along the Northwestern coastline.
Old 10-04-2013, 04:40 PM   #113
Dutch
"Dutch"

-- The last province, Honduras, has officially been converted from it’s old world ways to Catholicism! We are a nation of Christians from this day forth!
Old 10-04-2013, 04:42 PM   #114
Dutch
"Dutch"

The Aztec Colonials have transferred power back to Mexico City. The province of Sinaloa, on the Gulf of California is the first region outside of the traditional ‘Old World’. It is now Aztec!
Old 10-04-2013, 04:43 PM   #115
Dutch
"Dutch"

-- Quauhtmoc has been named our first explorer! We have given him 2,000 men and 2 ships tosail into the Pacific to claim lands for the Aztec.

-- And to cut the suspense...they did in fact sail out into the Pacific…unfortunately…theywere never seen or heard from again.
Old 10-04-2013, 04:46 PM   #116
Dutch
"Dutch"

1670-1672

-- Our explorers have gone into the North American interior and discovered many uninified tribes. The Cherokee and the Navajo amongst others. Quauhtmoc travelled as far north as the territories of Kansas before turning his brave explorers back to Mexico. That is the furthest north the Aztec's ever venture.
Old 10-04-2013, 04:46 PM   #117
Dutch
"Dutch"

-- The new province of Concho is now part of the Aztec Empire. The northern expansion continues.
Old 10-04-2013, 04:51 PM   #118
Dutch
"Dutch"

-- The loss of Seafaring explorers in 1667 did not stop the Aztec efforts to explore the vast Pacific Ocean. A new expedition was finally provisioned and was set forth to find new lands. Aztec explorers successfully returned this time...although starved and near death...with nothing to show for except a chain of islands far away that the locals call Hawaii.

-- Those islands seem too far away to colonize unless we strike a deal with Castille to assist with our colonial reach.
Old 10-04-2013, 04:53 PM   #119
Dutch
"Dutch"

-- One of the brave Aztec explorers reached a far away nation called Japan. He left some diplomats behind to improve relations with them. But they are so far away there is probably no benefit to be gained from that.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:01 PM   #120
Dutch
"Dutch"

-- Okay, so asking for help seems like a great idea. The Aztec's ask the Castillians for fleet basing rights in California and they have grant us our request due to excellent relations. This has put us within colonial reach of Hawaii! An island chain that the Castillians are not quite aware of…yet. As soon as we have colonists available, we’ll send them straight to Hawaii!

(NOTE: The game manages how far you can send colonists by exploration prestige, the Aztec's are limited here but you can extend your range by paying other nations for basing rights...and you pay dearly for it...)
Old 10-04-2013, 05:05 PM   #121
Dutch
"Dutch"

-- The Apache province has colonized successfully.

-- The Aztecs also dispatch colonists across the Pacific to Hawaii.

Last edited by Dutch : 10-04-2013 at 05:08 PM.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:07 PM   #122
Dutch
"Dutch"

Old 10-04-2013, 05:09 PM   #123
Dutch
"Dutch"

-- The Hawaiian Islands are now part of the Aztec Empire!
Old 10-04-2013, 05:11 PM   #124
Dutch
"Dutch"

-- The Aztec expansion into the heartland of North America continues. They move about unopposed. It must be extremely expensive for the Spanish and French to continually mount expeditions into what is essentially the Aztec backyard. For the Aztecs, however, it is cheap.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:14 PM   #125
Dutch
"Dutch"

-- Ohimalpapoco dies and is the last leader to have led during the ‘Old World’ era.

-- He ruled for 50 years!

-- Tehetzequitzn is the new ruler of the Aztec Empire.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:16 PM   #126
Dutch
"Dutch"

-- Aztec Explorers have reached the Coral Sea in the South Pacific and have laid claim to the Island of Vanuatu.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:17 PM   #127
Dutch
"Dutch"

Map showing just how far Vanuatu is from Mexico Proper.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:18 PM   #128
Dutch
"Dutch"

...and a closeup!
Old 10-04-2013, 05:20 PM   #129
Dutch
"Dutch"

-- The Aztecs have begun colonizing the southern tip of the Philippine Island chain. Maquindinau is what the natives call the province. The other half of the large island is occupied by the people of the Netherlands.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:23 PM   #130
Dutch
"Dutch"

-- Tehetzequizn eyes more than just unoccupied lands for expansion. The lands along the western coast of North America are much richer than the American interior, but they are owned by Castille. The Castillians own the western coast of North America from present day San Diego all the way up to present day Anchorage.

-- The King is considering an attack against the Castillians there to take these Native American lands from the Europeans. Perhaps the Aztecs can ally with the French?
Old 10-04-2013, 05:27 PM   #131
Dutch
"Dutch"

-- The thoughts of expanding for real are the talk of the Empire. Tehetzequitzn is going to make a name for himself one way or another, he’s old, but he wants to lead the attack against the Castilians on the west coast of North America.

-- Everybody knows that war against Castile is now imminent. They are still mighty and the Aztecs are still fledgling...but if the Aztecs are the aggressors, they must accept the consequences of their actions.

-- "But it’s our land!", cries Tehetzequitzn.

**END OF ACT VI**

Last edited by Dutch : 10-04-2013 at 05:28 PM.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:28 PM   #132
Dutch
"Dutch"

ACT VII (1724 – 1736) – Against the Giants

(...to be continued...)
Old 10-05-2013, 08:46 AM   #133
Dutch
"Dutch"

Warriors of Tehtzequitzn have been assembled from all over the empire. These warriors arrive from Honduras and will be a part of the "Southern Feint" in the upcoming war with Spain.
Old 10-05-2013, 08:52 AM   #134
Dutch
"Dutch"

-- The Northern Plan that Tehetzequitzn has dreamed up is a relative surprise attack against the Castillians along the western coast of North America. Resistance there should be light. It will be a quick strike designed to paralyze the entire region and allow the Aztec's to negotiate on winning terms.

--The Southern Feint will be a smaller force that re-invades the Mosquito and Nicaraguan provinces and will act as a buffer to the Aztec Empire in case of resistance.

-- Timing will be to accomplish all goals before the Castillians bring their armies to Mexico from the Old World.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:31 AM   #135
Dutch
"Dutch"

-- At aged 68, Tehetzequitzn declares war against Castille! He has amassed 30,000 troops in the North and 6,000 in the south. The invasion is a complete surprise to the Castillians! Now to see if they can muster forces in the local area. France may also take advantage of this to attack us, which would be devastating since they are the world power.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:53 AM   #136
Dutch
"Dutch"

-- The provinces of Yaqui, Pima, and Yavapai are invaded by massive Aztec armies. They are overrun with ease and placed under siege. The remaining army leaves nothing to chance in this race against time and move on before securing those regions fully.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:55 AM   #137
Dutch
"Dutch"

-- The provinces of Mojave, Chumash and Cochimi fall next. Again, Aztec's leave a thousand or two-thousand men to siege forts and villages and move the rest onward into Castillian territory.

-- There are no organized Castillian forces available to defend these territories.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:59 AM   #138
Dutch
"Dutch"

-- The invasion forces decide to split momentarily. One small fragment heads south to capture the rest of the Mexican peninsula. The rest move on to Yorkuts and Salinan in the modern day Los Angeles area. These areas fall quicikly and the force moves futher north.

-- The quick strike has been wildly successful if for no other reason than the lack of response from Castille.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:02 AM   #139
Dutch
"Dutch"

-- Pomo and Chinook among other small regions fall quickly as well. The Aztec's are thinning out now and there is not much that the Aztec's can call an Army left in the north. They are almost all involved in siege activities up and down the North American coast.

-- Some of the initial provinces placed under siege have fallen into Aztec control.

-- Due to the lack of forces left to continue the invasion, these siege regiments are moved up the coast to the front.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:05 AM   #140
Dutch
"Dutch"

-- The small army (maybe 6 or 7 thousand men left) push forth through the provinces of Salish, Squamish, Nootka, Kwakiutl, and Tsimshian (in modern day Canada!) where they halt to secure the large swaths of territories they have put under Aztec rule. There is no primary army in the North now.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:07 AM   #141
Dutch
"Dutch"

-- The last remaining Castillian provinces lie to the north around the Kodiak Islands of Canada and modern day Alaska. Once the Aztec's have place the western seaboard under their control, these small few remaining provinces will be claimed.

-- But for now, the Aztec's need to control the territories they occupy so they can reform their army and/or so that a quick peace with Castille can be gained.

Last edited by Dutch : 10-05-2013 at 10:18 AM.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:09 AM   #142
Dutch
"Dutch"

-- The Great West Coast Siege
Old 10-05-2013, 10:13 AM   #143
Dutch
"Dutch"

-- Elsewhere, the Southern Feint of 6,000 Aztecs push their way in to the jungles of Nicaragua and lay siege to this often fought over piece of jungle. This is just a distraction from the primary goals in the north.

-- A fleet of 11 heavy Aztec warships have set sail and patrol all along the Aztec Gulf of Mexico border. If the Castillians come across the water in less than Armada strength, the Aztec's are prepared to sink them into the warm blue waters of the Gulf.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:21 AM   #144
Dutch
"Dutch"

-- Revolts break out in Pomo! This was unexpected by the invasion force. There is suddenly a big problem on the Aztec's hands as these armed malitia's are of Castillian resolve and have their technologies!

-- The Aztec's are forced to halt the sieges in multiple provinces to take on this threat.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:25 AM   #145
Dutch
"Dutch"

-- The hastily thrown together Aztec armies are no match for the Castillian malitias in Pomo and they are soundly defeated.

-- The provinces that those Aztec forces left are encouraged by this and more revolts break out.

-- Suddenly the Aztec's have about 10,000 soldiers trapped north of the revolting Castillians. To make matters worse, the Castillians outnumber them and are better armed and equipped!

-- The remaining Aztec's in the south break off their siege attempts and decide to fall back and try to reform in Apache territory that is friendly to the Aztec's.

Last edited by Dutch : 10-05-2013 at 10:26 AM.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:28 AM   #146
Dutch
"Dutch"

-- The Aztec's cut off in the north try to break out by attacking a force of 5,000 Castillian Rebels and are decimated and cease to exist as an army of any type of force.

-- The remaining Aztec's are severely outnumbered and are forced to withdraw after one last failed attack on the rebels. Of an invasion force of 30,000 Aztecs, only 7,000 remain.

-- The entire West Coast Siege disintegrates into nothing.

Last edited by Dutch : 10-05-2013 at 10:30 AM.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:35 AM   #147
Dutch
"Dutch"

-- The Aztec's quickly rebuild our forces in Mexico and have a force of 26,000 soldiers there.

-- An invasion force from Castille is spotted! They circumvent the Aztec Navy net lying in wait and decide to come up through Central America and take on the Aztec's of the "Southern Feint".

-- There is a reported 20,000 Castillians!

-- The Aztec's decide they must use their forces to shut down the Castillian Rebels in the North (something they feel they can accomplish) and then deal with the invading Castillian Army in the south.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:37 AM   #148
Dutch
"Dutch"

-- The rag-tag army of Aztec's are easily defeated once again in the north and are shattered. Castillian rebels are less aggressive and don't come in to Aztec territory, but the Castillian Army in the South is not going to be so forgiving.

-- The Aztec's must now defend their homeland.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:46 AM   #149
Dutch
"Dutch"

-- The Southern Feint ended up being the most successful tactic, both Nicaragua and the Mosquito coast were occupied by Aztec forces. However, that only prompted the Spanish force to delay its assault on Mexico and reconquer those regions. Which, actually, was part of the plan, but the Aztec's didn't realize that the entire northern army would be gone by the time the Castillians showed up.

Last edited by Dutch : 10-05-2013 at 10:47 AM.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:48 AM   #150
Dutch
"Dutch"

-- Tehetzequitzn dies of old age, the new ruler Ayaxacatl I is left to deal with the mess of a shattered nation and the Castillian invasion force.