Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-02-2021, 06:18 AM   #151
bob
College Starter

I think the Hawks have to regret not playing Trae last night. I could somewhat understand it if it was 3 - 1 Hawks, but not at 2 - 2. Looking at this roster, no one could think they are an NBA finals team, so if the opportunity arises, you have to do anything you can to make it.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 06:34 AM   #152
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
I think the Hawks have to regret not playing Trae last night. I could somewhat understand it if it was 3 - 1 Hawks, but not at 2 - 2. Looking at this roster, no one could think they are an NBA finals team, so if the opportunity arises, you have to do anything you can to make it.
I think they do, and he will play game 6 if he can. He doesn't play game 6, then they are more worried about the foot than advertised.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 10:52 AM   #153
miami_fan
Coordinator

Trae strikes me as a guy who has to be at least 80% healthy to be effective on the court for the Hawks. I would use James Harden this playoffs for example of the opposite. Though clearly diminished, Harden was at least able to stay on the court for the Nets through his ability to stay on the perimeter and be a threat on the offensive end while also being able to guard a PJ Tucker or a Brook Lopez sufficiently. Harden also had KD to lean on heavily. That is not the case for Trae and the Hawks. He has to be able to get in the lane consistently to be effective. Defense is already not his strong suit when he is 100%. I agree it was silly to not play if he could at 80% level. If he could not then they made the right call to just rest him, hope for the best, and go for Games 6 and now Game 7. I know one should not assume they would get to within 2 wins of the Finals again, they are also playing with a certain amount of house money and do not need to sacrifice Trae's health down the road for this chance.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 10:08 PM   #154
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
Of course it did. The point of the exercise was to make Jordan look good at the expense of whoever was required. I've seen a number of interviews with Pippen over the years. He's not now, and has never been an idiot. Is he saying a lot of self-serving things right now? Absolutely, but he has a huge amount of company there.

He criticized Charles Barkley for fighting white guys while only fighting black men when there's a referee. When you look at the stupid things he's said and done over his career I'm comfortable calling him an idiot. He may be a good interview and well spoken, but given the opportunity he doesn't pass up the opportunity to make an ass of himself.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 11:39 PM   #155
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Trae strikes me as a guy who has to be at least 80% healthy to be effective on the court for the Hawks. I would use James Harden this playoffs for example of the opposite. Though clearly diminished, Harden was at least able to stay on the court for the Nets through his ability to stay on the perimeter and be a threat on the offensive end while also being able to guard a PJ Tucker or a Brook Lopez sufficiently. Harden also had KD to lean on heavily. That is not the case for Trae and the Hawks. He has to be able to get in the lane consistently to be effective. Defense is already not his strong suit when he is 100%. I agree it was silly to not play if he could at 80% level. If he could not then they made the right call to just rest him, hope for the best, and go for Games 6 and now Game 7. I know one should not assume they would get to within 2 wins of the Finals again, they are also playing with a certain amount of house money and do not need to sacrifice Trae's health down the road for this chance.

Yep. Trae depends on quickness and agility. If he can't blow by guys into the paint his game is greatly diminished. The threat of the floater allows him to get space on the perimeter for 3s or opens up passing lanes. If he can't do that, then it's better to rest him to where he can be effective.
Old 07-06-2021, 10:17 PM   #156
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

What Giannis is doing is super impressive, but I just don't think he gets healthy enough to really make this a series.
Old 07-11-2021, 09:33 PM   #157
miami_fan
Coordinator

This tweet made me laugh way too much. It also makes feel really old.

"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 07-13-2021, 01:01 PM   #158
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Team USA just lost back to back exhibition games within 48 hours to Nigeria and Australia. To put this in perspective, since the 1992 "Dream Team", the US has lost a total of four exhibition games.
Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 08:51 PM   #159
miami_fan
Coordinator

I guess the rumors were true.

LA Clippers' Kawhi Leonard has surgery to repair partial tear of right ACL

I am curious how this works with gambling. I am not a gambler so maybe there is a simple answer. Obviously now we know that there was no chance that Kawhi was ever coming back for the games or series after his injury. The team kept saying there was a chance he could be back. I have always thought the injury list was solely a tool for gamblers. Is this an issue between the NBA and its gambling partners?
Old 07-14-2021, 12:58 AM   #160
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Vic View Post
Team USA just lost back to back exhibition games within 48 hours to Nigeria and Australia. To put this in perspective, since the 1992 "Dream Team", the US has lost a total of four exhibition games.

The Boomers are also the only team to beat Team USA in consecutive matches (both practice games, to be fair).
Old 07-18-2021, 07:21 AM   #161
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

This series is a perfect illustration of the BS that is 24 hour pundit talk on TV/radio that I stopped listening to 15 years ago. Last week, Milwaukee was the worst team to ever make the finals. Now I suppose they are going to be the worst team to ever win. No one stopped to consider that maybe Phoenix ain't all that great either.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 07:27 AM   #162
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
This series is a perfect illustration of the BS that is 24 hour pundit talk on TV/radio that I stopped listening to 15 years ago. Last week, Milwaukee was the worst team to ever make the finals. Now I suppose they are going to be the worst team to ever win. No one stopped to consider that maybe Phoenix ain't all that great either.

As a fan of a small market team, I learned a long time ago to not pay too much attention to the media's decisions about what teams are "really" good.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 11:51 AM   #163
Atocep
Coordinator

Milwaukee has been declared dead and Budenholzer fired at some point in every round of these playoffs.
Old 07-20-2021, 10:27 PM   #164
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Giannis is amazing when he is making free throws. In the paint, unstoppable.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 11:13 PM   #165
lungs
Pro Rookie

Bucks in 6!

Great moment. I’m thrilled for Giannis and Middleton. This is the professional sports championship in my lifetime for a Wisconsin team I cheer for (I’m not a Packer fan).

Let the beer flow down the streets of Milwaukee tonight and hopefully they put out the old cop cars that need replacing for people to destroy.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 11:23 PM   #166
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lungs View Post
Bucks in 6!

Great moment. I’m thrilled for Giannis and Middleton. This is the professional sports championship in my lifetime for a Wisconsin team I cheer for (I’m not a Packer fan).

Let the beer flow down the streets of Milwaukee tonight and hopefully they put out the old cop cars that need replacing for people to destroy.

Awesome! Congrats.

Nice to see a team win with a "team" of players that blended together nicely and didnt have to buy a championship in a smaller market.

Although, Giannis is the best player in the NBA. He looks like a man among boys even at the All Star game.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 07-20-2021 at 11:25 PM.
Old 07-20-2021, 11:49 PM   #167
lungs
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
Awesome! Congrats.

Nice to see a team win with a "team" of players that blended together nicely and didnt have to buy a championship in a smaller market.

Although, Giannis is the best player in the NBA. He looks like a man among boys even at the All Star game.

I believe the stat I heard was that Brook Lopez was the only lottery pick on the Bucks roster, which just seems so unlikely. (Confirmed after looking it up). It definitely took a different approach and some luck. Like the franchise player they managed to dig up actually staying long term. And of course James Harden and Kylie Irving getting injured was helpful. If that doesn’t happen, Coach Bud would be in a much different position! I’m ignorant of his shortcomings but happy for him too.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 12:03 AM   #168
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lungs View Post
I believe the stat I heard was that Brook Lopez was the only lottery pick on the Bucks roster, which just seems so unlikely. (Confirmed after looking it up). It definitely took a different approach and some luck. Like the franchise player they managed to dig up actually staying long term. And of course James Harden and Kylie Irving getting injured was helpful. If that doesn’t happen, Coach Bud would be in a much different position! I’m ignorant of his shortcomings but happy for him too.

Always take a bit of luck. But bad luck may have cost you a championship last year as the Bucks were clicking prior to Covid.

I think Im just done with the Hardens, Lebrons, Anthony Davis, Kylie and a few others in the NBA.

This was the first time Ive enjoyed a NBA game in a long time. I think it is directly because of seeing the enjoyment of the Bucks players and their fans. It brought back that old school feel.

I dont really blame the players. I just think the NBA financial rules are terrible. Every superstar is vastly underpaid(according to their value to Wins and franchise value) and can basically manipulate their situation by ring chasing.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 07-21-2021 at 12:12 AM.
Old 07-21-2021, 02:42 AM   #169
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSyrup

This is a hot take that I can't get behind. They were a game behind Utah for the best record in a season that had no dominant team.

I would go in the middle here. I don't think the Bucks are the worst team to ever make the finals by a long shot, but at the same time there were better teams than them on paper. Which ultimately doesn't matter. History is made by those who show up. If Giannis getting banged up earlier in the run was more serious and he couldn't bounce back strong from it eventually, I don't think they win - but that's not what happened, he got back and dominated and that's the end of that story.

I've never seen a better play than the Game 4 block.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 06:27 AM   #170
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

It wasn't a hot take. Second best record in a season without any great teams isn't saying much, but it definitely means they weren't as great as people seemed to think with a sweep of the Bucks being a foregone conclusion. And that's further proven by losing 4 straight to a team that was not the worst, but definitely not anywhere near the best to win.

As far as the block, it's been done before. LeBron against the Warriors a few years ago, Tayshaun Prince against Reggie Miller. I feel like the Prince block might have have been the most celebrated block in NBA history to that point, even though not in a finals.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 06:47 AM   #171
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Always take a bit of luck. But bad luck may have cost you a championship last year as the Bucks were clicking prior to Covid.

I think Im just done with the Hardens, Lebrons, Anthony Davis, Kylie and a few others in the NBA.

This was the first time Ive enjoyed a NBA game in a long time. I think it is directly because of seeing the enjoyment of the Bucks players and their fans. It brought back that old school feel.

I dont really blame the players. I just think the NBA financial rules are terrible. Every superstar is vastly underpaid(according to their value to Wins and franchise value) and can basically manipulate their situation by ring chasing.

I have never been bothered by the superteam thing personally but I hear what you are saying. I am very happy for the Bucks. The Bucks have been my go to example of a team who just put out the best team they could year after year after year. Are there some bad teams in their history? Absolutely! But they've always been a team that won forty to sixty percent of their games, were in and around making the playoffs most years, and made marginal gains year after year. When they did get the superstar, they built a team around him. No huge free agent signings, no major gutting of draft capital. They are the team who was always in that purgatory zone of just being good, not great. Being good, not horrible. Finally, they have built a champion. This Bucks team is a "process" I can support. Congrats to them and their fans.
Old 07-25-2021, 12:32 PM   #172
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

It's become painfully obvious that comparing international basketball to the NBA is like comparing freestyle wrestling to the WWE.
Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 01:58 PM   #173
bronconick
College Starter

I think that every so often, the best American players already have a gold medal or two and just want the summer off. Happened in 2004 coming from the 92 dream team, and looks like it might be happening this time around. They'll probably have a hungrier, better roster in 2024 because of the 8 year gap.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 11:08 AM   #174
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
I think that every so often, the best American players already have a gold medal or two and just want the summer off. Happened in 2004 coming from the 92 dream team, and looks like it might be happening this time around. They'll probably have a hungrier, better roster in 2024 because of the 8 year gap.

Well, this is far from your normal USA Olympic team as well. Jerami Grant, Keldon Johnson, JaVale McGee(this one more so than the rest) have no business on the Olympic team. While, Jrue Holiday despite seemingly like the only one that cared to win yesterday, is a pretty questionable USA Olympian.

Seems like they have the same issues as 04 as well. Lack of consistent outside shooting. That ball must be a lot different than the standard NBA ball.

Plus having Kevin Durant as the default leader over the likes of Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, or Michael Jordan is a gigantic step down.

I am confused as to why Trae Young, KAT, Zion, Brandon Ingram or Morant arent on the team? They couldnt have opted out already being as young as they are, right?

Last edited by jbergey22 : 07-26-2021 at 11:27 AM.
Old 07-26-2021, 11:40 AM   #175
Atocep
Coordinator

None of them were selected and Trae Young has been so what vocal about the snub. The past few international teams have been constructed fairly well. This team is a disaster and I'm not sure what Colangelo and Pop were thinking. 2021 Kevin Love? JaVale fucking Magee? That's the best we have?
Old 07-26-2021, 12:07 PM   #176
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
None of them were selected and Trae Young has been so what vocal about the snub. The past few international teams have been constructed fairly well. This team is a disaster and I'm not sure what Colangelo and Pop were thinking. 2021 Kevin Love? JaVale fucking Magee? That's the best we have?

Makes absolutely no sense. Zion would have been one of the top 5 players I would have wanted. And correct, Love and Magee is pretty much laughable. Id throw Keldon Johnson in there as well.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 07-26-2021 at 12:10 PM.
Old 07-26-2021, 12:19 PM   #177
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Magee is there for the purpose of being a big body that doesn't need the ball.
That's it. And on a roster where 6'9" was the tallest player, that makes a certain amount of sense.
Old 07-26-2021, 12:24 PM   #178
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Magee is there for the purpose of being a big body that doesn't need the ball.
That's it. And on a roster where 6'9" was the tallest player, that makes a certain amount of sense.

But there has to be 30 American 6 10+ better than him I would think. Especially, international style basketball where Mcgee's only other strength(athleticism) doesnt matter as much. His weakness of being out of position constantly is costly against them good passing teams.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 07-26-2021 at 12:38 PM.
Old 07-26-2021, 12:59 PM   #179
Atocep
Coordinator

It goes back to poorly constructed roster. If that's what you are indeed looking for then Brook Lopez is a better player in every conceivable way. So are Jarrett Allen if you want someone younger and John Collins if you do want someone that can occasionally find the bottom of the net.

Some of these selections just seem like favors of some sort. Love was so bad he quit and McGee played all of 2 minutes while Grant didn't see the floor.

I don't think guys like Holiday, Lavine, and Middleton have traditionally done well in international play while Trae Young, who has a game tailor made for international play, sits at home.
Old 07-26-2021, 01:17 PM   #180
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
who has a game tailor made for international play, sits at home.

You mean for getting lit up on defense, on a roster that already has defensive liabilities.

As for not using McGee (in particular), Pop has now lost 5 of his last 8 "leading" a US team. Most recently when he decided to go small against a twin towers lineup.
Old 07-26-2021, 01:22 PM   #181
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
But there has to be 30 American 6 10+ better than him I would think. Especially, international style basketball where Mcgee's only other strength(athleticism) doesnt matter as much. His weakness of being out of position constantly is costly against them good passing teams.

It's inexpensive when he's only playing 2 minutes

(The general explanation was that he was added specifically to be a body to throw at Gobert ... and then Pop doesn't use him. That ain't McGee's fault)

And, no, there really aren't many true Cs that are USA eligible. I mean Okongwu was on the short list of candidates.

Quote:
The pickings are slim for centers once you realize that Nikola Jokic, Joel Embiid, Karl-Anthony Towns, Ruby Gobert, Clint Capela, Jusuf Nurkic, Nikola Vucevic, Deandre Ayton, Jonas Valanciunas, Al Horford, and Steven Adams were all either born outside the U.S. or have a history playing for other national teams.

Not sure why they skipped over Lopez (maybe the 7th place finish with him on the roster in 2019?) but after him you're talking Jarrett Allen and Richaun Holmes.
Old 07-29-2021, 07:27 PM   #182
Atocep
Coordinator

So Scottie Barnes over Suggs is kind of a surprise.
Old 07-29-2021, 08:13 PM   #183
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

I love Westbrook's competitiveness, but I think the Lakers are going to regret this trade.
Old 07-29-2021, 09:15 PM   #184
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
I love Westbrook's competitiveness, but I think the Lakers are going to regret this trade.

Not sure how it will work out but I don't think there will be much to regret. Their window is the next year or two. They are likely not good enough as it so trying something. If it doesn't workout rhey will still need to rebuild post lebron and Westbrook. They didn't give up much
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 09:21 PM   #185
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

I don't think it's necessarily true at all that they aren't good enough. Injuries were their biggest problem this year and they were hardly the only team to get hit by them.
Old 07-29-2021, 09:31 PM   #186
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
I don't think it's necessarily true at all that they aren't good enough. Injuries were their biggest problem this year and they were hardly the only team to get hit by them.

Injuries definitely played a part but part of that is how much is put upon an aging LeBron. Russ will at least let regular season LeBron take it easier.

Last year's team is not good enough to best a healthy Nets squad this year.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 09:37 PM   #187
JPhillips
General Manager

Kispert, to me, is the kind of guy NBA teams love but they never develop enough to overcome shaky athleticism.
Old 07-30-2021, 11:27 AM   #188
Atocep
Coordinator

The Rockets had a hell of a draft. Sengun is a ROY sleeper, Green may have the highest ceiling in the draft, Garuba should be an efficient role player that doesn't need the ball, and Christopher is a high ceiling athlete on the perimeter.

Duece McBride should be a perfect fit for Thibs in NY.
Old 07-30-2021, 12:26 PM   #189
rjolley
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Kispert, to me, is the kind of guy NBA teams love but they never develop enough to overcome shaky athleticism.

His performance against Baylor would give me pause, but he is a very good shooter which is very valuable in the league today. Hopefully, the kind of constant pressure that Baylor put on him was a shock to the system and he's able to make adjustments or he's going to wash out.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 01:17 PM   #190
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
The Rockets had a hell of a draft. Sengun is a ROY sleeper, Green may have the highest ceiling in the draft, Garuba should be an efficient role player that doesn't need the ball, and Christopher is a high ceiling athlete on the perimeter.

Duece McBride should be a perfect fit for Thibs in NY.

I think we are a few years away from seeing significant Sengun contributions, but I like him a lot. He has the edges of a complete offensive player, just needs to learn the NBA game. Will take some time, but I like the ceiling.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 09:48 PM   #191
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Having watched the experiment in Houston, oh god yes.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 09:50 PM   #192
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

It's like a fun draft year when playing 2K. Christopher was the only one I really didn't like. I'm not sold on Green - I was leaning Suggs - but Green has the higher ceiling for a team that needs a star more than a 10 year vet type (which is what I think Suggs is). Sengun and Garuba are really interesting players, both mostly proven in Euro leagues, but incomplete players with obvious strengths and weaknesses. Garuba, in particular, is really interesting - basically no offensive game but lockdown 1-5 defender.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 09:55 PM   #193
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
It's like a fun draft year when playing 2K. Christopher was the only one I really didn't like. I'm not sold on Green - I was leaning Suggs - but Green has the higher ceiling for a team that needs a star more than a 10 year vet type (which is what I think Suggs is). Sengun and Garuba are really interesting players, both mostly proven in Euro leagues, but incomplete players with obvious strengths and weaknesses. Garuba, in particular, is really interesting - basically no offensive game but lockdown 1-5 defender.

SI

Not that I dont like Suggs(I do) as he is a Minnesota guy. I just dont think the upside is there for a top 5 pick. He will likely end up being an above average defender and probably an above average playmaker but as a scorer Im not seeing much potential. His shooting is below average and while he does a decent job of getting to the rim, he is not a great finisher. He is a strong leader and seems to have nice intangibles though. I hope Im wrong about him.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 07-31-2021 at 09:56 PM.
Old 08-03-2021, 07:21 PM   #194
Atocep
Coordinator

I'm hesitant to say anything after missing so badly on the Suns last offseason, but it seems questionable at best for the Bulls to go all in on Ball, Caruso, and DeRozan.
Old 08-05-2021, 06:14 AM   #195
miami_fan
Coordinator

I am just catching up on threads. Re: Melo and Westbrook on the Lakers. My head says that there is no chance that this works due to age, and diminishing skills. My heart says I want to be able to say that Melo and Brodie are NBA champions.
Old 08-05-2021, 07:58 AM   #196
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
I am just catching up on threads. Re: Melo and Westbrook on the Lakers. My head says that there is no chance that this works due to age, and diminishing skills. My heart says I want to be able to say that Melo and Brodie are NBA champions.

Old 08-05-2021, 03:50 PM   #197
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Booker and LaVine have really impressed me on team USA. They've been easily the 2nd and 3rd best players after Durant.
Old 08-08-2021, 03:20 PM   #198
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

DeRozan - I just want to compete for a championship at this point, I've made plenty of money.

Also DeRozan - signs with Chicago, who isn't competing for a championship anytime soon.

I have no objection to players going where the money is, but why they would say they aren't doing that, and then go do it anyway, is beyond me.
Old 08-10-2021, 03:27 PM   #199
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
DeRozan - I just want to compete for a championship at this point, I've made plenty of money.

Also DeRozan - signs with Chicago, who isn't competing for a championship anytime soon.

I have no objection to players going where the money is, but why they would say they aren't doing that, and then go do it anyway, is beyond me.

To be fair, I don't remember most people thinking the Suns would be competing for a title anytime soon either.
Old 08-10-2021, 03:55 PM   #200
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

That's true, there's always the chance of catching lightning in a bottle but that's not the kind of situation players who want to compete for a title and mean it generally go to.