Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-02-2009, 11:45 AM   #1301
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Congrats to RendeR for finishing off the villager win.

What was the shield around RendeR at the end? Something game-related or just creative writing by the moderator?

Since he was the Paladin it gave him a chance to use his anti-NK shield to fend off the Minotaur just long enough to grab the mask.

If they had just run into each other in the maze all it would've done was daze the Mino momentarily, then it would've eaten him.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 11:55 AM   #1302
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Did death girl really leave you Render or not?
nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:21 PM   #1303
RendeR
Coordinator

Yeah she ran away 2 spaces from the end. She had said from teh start she would only lead me as far as she could before she got too scared. I had to find my way after that.

WHOOT. I'm on a roll, 2 big wins in a row for me.

I think I'm gonna rest on my laurels for a bit. Blood Bowl Calls =)
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:56 PM   #1304
Thomkal
Head Coach

woohoo Render and woohoo Commoners! Thanks for the fun game, was nice to be the seer, even though I didn't find a wolf till I was being knocked out of the game. Kicking myself for scanning Chief Rum instead of either nfg/tyrith. Would have ended that debate and we could have saved the brutal wolf till last. But we did need to be sure of Chief Rum despite my hunch he was good. Few comments about how the game played for me.

1-the all reveal really wasn't fair to the wolves, especially the 3 telepath reveal to start if off. Would have been better I think if the game was a no reveal unless threat of lynch or a seer/fbi agent/nostradamus reveal.

2-probably too many people with seer powers on the good side though I loved the Nostradamus concept.

3-I encountered nobody and nothing during my entire time in the Labyrinth. As the seer that was fine by me actually, didn't want to encounter something or somebody that could kill/block my power. And once I figured out that I wouldn't encounter a room if I stayed at a certain level, I stayed there. All characters should have been "forced" really to encounter some rooms during the time in the Labyrinth.

4. We heard very little stories about what was going on in the labyrinth probably because we commoners didn't want to tip the wolves off as to where we are, and vice versa. The stuff with "Death Girl" was fun to hear, and it would have been nice to hear when someone hit a trap, or found an item without being too specific about it.

Despite my points above, enjoyed it, the labyrinth added another fun layer to a regular Werewolf game, some unique roles and a new win condition made it a game I would play again in the future. So good job Jackal!

And great job by the wolves for recovering from that horrible day/night one. Well horrible for you guys at least.

Oh what happened in the Death room with Danny?
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 01:01 PM   #1305
The Jackal
Coordinator

Yeah, the telepaths were a mistake. In my rush to prepare roles, I didn't consider the likelihood of a quick reveal, especially since it was supposed to be "2-3" originally and I'd changed it in the PMs. Oh well, live and learn.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:01 PM   #1306
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Also...how close was I getting to the center? And how big was the map...
Old 07-02-2009, 01:04 PM   #1307
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
CENTER OF THE LABYRINTH

RendeR enters the room from the east, approaching cautiously.

Passacaglia enters the room from the west, steam huffing out of his nostrils.

In the center of the room there is a pedestal with a mask upon it, a replica of the one the Jester wears.

RendeR sees the mask.

Passacaglia sees him and charges.

The two race for the center. Just as Passacaglia is about to gore him, RendeR closes his eyes, a protective shield pops up around him, and he grabs the mask.

Pass is forced backwards as the shield dissipates. Before he can charge again, RendeR has placed the mask over his face.

RendeR found the center of the Labyrinth, COMMONERS WIN!

WOOO!!!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 01:06 PM   #1308
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfg22 View Post
Also...how close was I getting to the center? And how big was the map...

I'll scan it next time I can find a scanner, probably early next week. You were still a ways away. If you'd taken a left instead of going straight last time you'dve been about 6 away.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:08 PM   #1309
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah, the telepaths were a mistake. In my rush to prepare roles, I didn't consider the likelihood of a quick reveal, especially since it was supposed to be "2-3" originally and I'd changed it in the PMs. Oh well, live and learn.

Yeah. I said earlier to dead people that there should have been a "telepath hunter" or a "if one of you telepaths reveal 2/3 of you will die" mechanic or something. Call is Psionic-overload or something.

Fun game though Jackal, thanks. Nice to get a villager-win, since I never seem to get wolf-wins.

FWIW - I knew I was very far from the center there at the end when I baited Tyrith into night-killing me guys. Figured better me than someone who was closer.

Nice job by the wolves and Loki/Minotaur in making a game out of it. Kudos to Tyrith for hanging on.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 01:32 PM   #1310
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Good job, guys. I made a big mistake early on in entering that blue column. I was still only 4 away from the center then, and of course, it teleported me somewhere random. Luckily, I was able to sense which way the center was, but I was like 7 spaces away, and some random moves, plus losing a turn in the death room, really delayed me. It wasn't until that last turn that I was even able to get back to the center, let alone start patrolling around it.

Kudos to NFG again for keeping himself under suspicion to get us another wolf night-kill. Seemed like people were on to Tyrith for a while, who was probably just not that motivated to bother defending himself after so long, especially knowing that he really wasn't going to win either way. I probably messed up in the first place by revealing, because that really seemed to spark the mass reveal (though it might have happened that day anyway), which really shortened the lynching part of the game.

What would have happened in the event of a tie? All game I kept hoping to make one, just to mess with you guys. My computer was down for the NFG/Tyrith vote, and I don't remember if I could have tied it, but I didn't want to risk the tiebreaker sending it to Tyrith that day, anyway.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 01:34 PM   #1311
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

I knew you werent that close..
Old 07-02-2009, 01:58 PM   #1312
Thomkal
Head Coach

I thought you didn't enter that column Pass. From reading the first version of this game, I thought it might be a teleporter, so figured you would stay away from it.

Yeah good job there nfg, I wasn't, and I'm guessing no one thought you were allied with the minotaur or that that was a possibility so good play there.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 02:00 PM   #1313
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Yeah, I lied about the column, just to throw you guys off. I figured it was likely a teleporter too, but I also figured I couldn't pass up the more mysterious option.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:02 PM   #1314
Autumn
Head Coach

Nice job guys. I hope the wolves didn't feel too annoyed by the reveals, but they did manage to cause us plenty of confusion anyway, and Loki too. I was bummed to get killed before I really explored the maze, but it was a fun game.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 03:54 PM   #1315
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

For what it's worth, I don't think the telepaths were the problem. In my opinion, the problem was that every commoner had a specific role AND there were no extra roles that weren't in the game. That means that with a mass reveal, there was no place for a wolf to hide, it would come down to 1 on 1's with villagers where they'd have a 50-50 shot to take down a wolf or get the wolf the next day. In hindsight, the perfect move for the wolves would've been fake revealing as a telepath immediately (prior to the other telepaths revealing) because it's the only large group of commoner roles in which we could've hid. Due to the power of mass revealing, Tyrith's wolf power didn't turn out to be very useful. Anyway, even with those downsides, had Lathum not getting infernoized, it would've been fairly close because the game could've been extended a couple days, but everything went as well as we could've hoped (I got lucky that Autumn was under suspicion and that I am a werewolf newbie or I probably would've gotten lynched).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I probably messed up in the first place by revealing, because that really seemed to spark the mass reveal (though it might have happened that day anyway), which really shortened the lynching part of the game.

I have to admit I couldn't understand why you didn't fake reveal after seeing how badly things were going for the wolves. It would've given you a chance to lynch another villager or at least have them waste time trying to lynch you which would have prolonged the night kills.

Quote:
What would have happened in the event of a tie? All game I kept hoping to make one, just to mess with you guys.

The night Abe was on the line, I hung around because I thought you might switch your vote from him to me, then I would've voted for myself and tied it (I think). It probably wouldn't have worked anyway because there were a couple other villagers around at deadline.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 05:24 PM   #1316
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I agree that Pass's reveal was unusual. Without that I wasn't going to reveal anytime soon.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 06:19 PM   #1317
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
have to admit I couldn't understand why you didn't fake reveal after seeing how badly things were going for the wolves. It would've given you a chance to lynch another villager or at least have them waste time trying to lynch you which would have prolonged the night kills.

In retrospect, sure. But at the time, I didn't realize that things were going badly for the wolves, and I couldn't afford to let the wolves win, so I played it safe to help make sure all the wolves were killed.
Old 07-03-2009, 12:26 AM   #1318
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Kudos to NFG again for keeping himself under suspicion to get us another wolf night-kill. Seemed like people were on to Tyrith for a while, who was probably just not that motivated to bother defending himself after so long, especially knowing that he really wasn't going to win either way. I probably messed up in the first place by revealing, because that really seemed to spark the mass reveal (though it might have happened that day anyway), which really shortened the lynching part of the game.

Yeah, if this was a normal WW game without the labyrinth part we give up the game after N2. We had no shot. Mostly I was playing for a touch of personal pride - I'm happy that I got nfg lynched before me.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:52 AM   #1319
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

I didnt get lynched:P i survived