Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-15-2009, 10:26 PM   #101
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
no editign posts!!!!

Be nice clap, or else Barca won't win anything this year.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:05 AM   #102
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Be nice clap, or else Barca won't win anything this year.
:P

and they will win! no one can stand in their way! (assuming their 17 year old FW can hold it down untill all the vets get not hurt)

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 11:46 AM   #103
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
:P

and they will win! no one can stand in their way! (assuming their 17 year old FW can hold it down untill all the vets get not hurt)

I'm pretty sure Madrid is trying very hard to stand in their way. And Bojan is 18 going on 19, by the way.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:44 PM   #104
Schmidty
Coordinator

I can't think of a title for this role idea, but what about a villager who can bring back one player from the dead as a night action, once per day. I know that that is powerful, so as a drawback, the player (not the resurrected one) can never change their vote once they have cast it.

Anyway, that's just my first idea. If it's ok, let me know.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:55 PM   #105
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
I can't think of a title for this role idea, but what about a villager who can bring back one player from the dead as a night action, once per day. I know that that is powerful, so as a drawback, the player (not the resurrected one) can never change their vote once they have cast it.

What about limiting it by saying if the player voted for that person to be lynched they cannot bring them back? So they have to be more certain of their votes?
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 03:19 PM   #106
The Jackal
Coordinator

Bring back multiple dead people to the game could be fatal to the wolves, though if BK feels it'd balance out with a serial killer and any other insta-deaths or what not, I could see it. Maybe put a limit on the # of people they can bring back, 1-3 or something? And I like RendeR's idea of not being able to resurrect someone you've voted for.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:10 PM   #107
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
What about limiting it by saying if the player voted for that person to be lynched they cannot bring them back? So they have to be more certain of their votes?

I think that's a pretty good idea, and wouldn't mind having that instead.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:11 PM   #108
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Bring back multiple dead people to the game could be fatal to the wolves, though if BK feels it'd balance out with a serial killer and any other insta-deaths or what not, I could see it. Maybe put a limit on the # of people they can bring back, 1-3 or something? And I like RendeR's idea of not being able to resurrect someone you've voted for.

I was only thinking of it as a one-time deal.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:19 PM   #109
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
I was only thinking of it as a one-time deal.

Ah, okay, you did say once per day, so that signaled to me that it was something that could be used multiple times.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:24 PM   #110
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Ah, okay, you did say once per day, so that signaled to me that it was something that could be used multiple times.

Doh!!!

My bad - that was a brainfart. I meant once per game.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:27 PM   #111
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Doh!!!

My bad - that was a brainfart. I meant once per game.

Then it sounds like a very interesting role. You could even spin it like a Martyr role where that person could sacrifice himself to bring someone else back from the dead.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:18 PM   #112
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
So would this work for a rule?

At the start of day 4, the winning condition of one wolf and one villager (both randomly chosen) are swapped (so the wolf wins with the village, the villager wins with the wolves).

BK, if you want to sort out the details of that, feel free. I'll just throw some ideas after the basic one in case you want to use any of them but don't feel like you have to. In particular I'm unsure how to handle the wolf who learns that he now wins with the village.

Option a. Neither of these players know that their winning condition has been changed. (I don't support this option if it can be avoided, I don't think it's fun to try your best to win only to find out you really were hurting yourself)

Option b. For the villager who wins with the wolves, if all the remaining real wolves are killed off then they become the final wolf.

Option c. Only a 50% chance that this swap occurs.

Option d. The wolves have one opportunity to immediately kill who they perceive to be their traitor (has to be unanimous minus one). If they are correct, they immediately kill (3? 4?) additional villagers. Essentially this is the only way I could think of disuading the traitor wolf from doing a full reveal of the other wolves.

If you don't think this would work well, let me know and I'll come up with something else.

We've had wolf traitors before and it's a very awkward role, for several reasons, honestly. I think Option D has some potential to make it work, and I will do my best to make it work if you want this as your rule.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 06:20 PM   #113
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
Hello everyone, I'm the friend Danny was talking about earlier. I'll sign up for the 100th if there's still room. I know how the game works but since I haven't actually played one before and don't have strategy yet I don't think I should really add a rule or role to the game. Thanks.
Welcome! It's great to have you join us. While I understand your reasoning I would, in the Wikipedia fashion, encourage you to Be Bold and submit a rule anyway.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:23 PM   #114
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfg22 View Post
Im in.
My role will be one of my favorite...
Psycho- Thinks they are psychic(seer) and will scan as a seer up on any and all role reveals but only has a 50% chance of being right on any scan. They will be given one scan a night and told they are the Seer.

Can you clarify what the bold part means?
Old 08-17-2009, 06:27 PM   #115
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Actually I'll change mine. I really only like the Fool when it's polar opposite. So if NFG likes it at half-chance then he can use that and I'll bite the bullet and add a Bodyguard.

But let's not call him the Bodyguard let's call him the Supreme Being of Safety.

Love the name. Can you detail the powers you want the SBOS to have?
Old 08-17-2009, 06:32 PM   #116
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:

I added it to be a role for either the wolf or village. If you want it to be a village only role let me know.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:34 PM   #117
Barkeep49
Coordinator

A lot of people, and you know who you are, haven't submitted any rules yet. I hope to have final rules out Wednesday morning (quite possibly very early Wednesday morning). So you have until then to submit your rules. Please submit a rule or role. I think the game will be a lot cooler that way.

If you have submitted a rule I would encourage you to check-out the rules to make sure I worded it in a way that you like. If not please speak-up.

As a final note, since he withdrew please note that Abe's role has also been withdrawn.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:41 PM   #118
henry296
College Starter

I'm in.

I'll propose the Soothsayer rule, but the statement to be scanned can't have the word wolf or villager.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:43 AM   #119
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Okay, thought of a role.

The Chameleon

Regular villager until Night Three. On Night Three, may choose to change ("chameleon") into any role in the game, with full rights of that role.

The catch: Either, (1) the Chameleon is revealed (no role announced) on Day Four--so people know you're the Chameleon, they just don't know what role--or (2) on Day Four, the fact that a new particular role has been added to the game is announced--so your role is out there, but not your identity.

Some possible additions/caveats:

No PM rights can be gained this way, even if that role normally has them
Certain roles can be made off limits.
The Chameleon is neutral at the start, with own win conditions (set by the GM), or neutral until choosing a role and then, either (a) take on the allegiance of that role; or (b) take on the opposite allegiance of that role.

How does that sound?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:43 PM   #120
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Love the name. Can you detail the powers you want the SBOS to have?

Nothing too crazy. Maybe the ability to see or kill who he blocked. I'll leave that up to you as wiggle room for balancing. Not picky here
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 01:46 PM   #121
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Can you clarify what the bold part means?

I just mean that if anyone can find out roles, that they will scan as a seer. Basically no one but the moderator will know whether they are really the seer or not.
nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 01:49 PM   #122
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
We've had wolf traitors before and it's a very awkward role, for several reasons, honestly. I think Option D has some potential to make it work, and I will do my best to make it work if you want this as your rule.

Alright, I'm going to nix the idea altogether. I have a role I wouldn't mind seeing, but I'd prefer to make a rule since we have quite a few roles out there already.

Let's go with this random one: You can't vote for someone who has voted for you earlier in the day. This restriction is removed if the voter unvotes you or if there are 8 or fewer players remaining.

Feel free to massage the rule as needed.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 03:19 PM   #123
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I am being unfairly branded as having not submitted a rule when I clearly submitted a role. I have no issue submitting a rule at this point if it is insisted I do.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 03:29 PM   #124
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
I am being unfairly branded as having not submitted a rule when I clearly submitted a role. I have no issue submitting a rule at this point if it is insisted I do.

I'm sure it was just a clerical error.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:32 PM   #125
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I'm sure it was just a clerical error.

But I was looking forward to a "Dubb93 makes the rules up as the game progresses" rule.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 03:54 PM   #126
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

I'll add in the Brutal Wolf.

Also, not sure when this game is starting but I won't be around all day Wednesday or Friday this week...or Tuesday next week - got some golfing to take care of...
lerriuqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 03:57 PM   #127
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Alright, I'm going to nix the idea altogether. I have a role I wouldn't mind seeing, but I'd prefer to make a rule since we have quite a few roles out there already.

Let's go with this random one: You can't vote for someone who has voted for you earlier in the day. This restriction is removed if the voter unvotes you or if there are 8 or fewer players remaining.

Feel free to massage the rule as needed.

What if said voting comes down to you and them in a two player runoff...Doesn't seem like good sport to hurt them in a lynch when their neck is on the line...
lerriuqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 06:31 PM   #128
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerriuqs View Post
What if said voting comes down to you and them in a two player runoff...Doesn't seem like good sport to hurt them in a lynch when their neck is on the line...

I would advise trying to avoid that situation from happening early on.

But if Barkeep thinks that's too out there he can add something to the rule about the restriction being removed if the two players are the top vote getters after a certain amount of time or whatever other alteration.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:12 AM   #129
J23
College Benchwarmer

Well, here's a rule I thought of though I'm not sure how it will play out. Accept/Reject/Modify as necessary.

When a lynch occurs, if the village lynches a wolf, all of those who voted for that person have their vote counted as double for the next lynching. If the village lynches a villager, those voting for that person would have their votes count as half for the next lynching. Any kind of power used to change the lynch target from the majority would nullify this rule for that vote.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 03:42 PM   #130
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Chatty -- May choose to PM freely with a different person each day, can be wolf or villager

Last edited by Passacaglia : 08-19-2009 at 03:43 PM. Reason: yeah i'm editing, whatcha gonna do?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 03:43 PM   #131
Passacaglia
Coordinator

i.e. the person who has the role can be wolf or villager
Old 08-19-2009, 08:44 PM   #132
saldana
Pro Starter

my submission for a role...and to increase the chances of it being used, i would suggest about 20% of the village have it.

you are the whiny bitch..you constantly annoy other WW players by whining about how you die on the first day or night all the time and then you go to the whining thread and bitch about it some more...if you are the target of the night kill on the first night, or the winner of the lynch vote on the first day, you will be spared, just so no one has to listen to you cry like a little girl for the next 8 or 10 days while the game continues to be played.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 08:44 PM   #133
path12
Coordinator

Put me down for this. I have no rule/role to add though.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:49 PM   #134
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
my submission for a role...and to increase the chances of it being used, i would suggest about 20% of the village have it.

you are the whiny bitch..you constantly annoy other WW players by whining about how you die on the first day or night all the time and then you go to the whining thread and bitch about it some more...if you are the target of the night kill on the first night, or the winner of the lynch vote on the first day, you will be spared, just so no one has to listen to you cry like a little girl for the next 8 or 10 days while the game continues to be played.

Sounds like someone got some sand in their va....

EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 06:50 AM   #135
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

I think I qualify for that rule :P

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:18 AM   #136
Autumn
Head Coach

That's classic, Saldana
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:54 AM   #137
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post

That's awesome. I was actually thinking of creating a corollary to my PassPoints, which would have me put down my initial vote on whoever was whiniest from last game (unless someone starts racking up PassPoints before I can even check in).
Old 08-20-2009, 12:19 PM   #138
SnDvls
Pro Starter

do we have a start time yet for this? Probally Monday at the soonest now I bet
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:22 PM   #139
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Based on conversation I had with BK about something entirely unrelated to WW, my impression was that he is back home next week, so I would guess he is aiming for something like that as well... but that is just a guess.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:48 AM   #140
Schmidty
Coordinator

Helloooooooo-helloooo-helloooo-hellooooooooo!!

Is anyone here-here-here-here?
Old 08-25-2009, 01:30 PM   #141
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

LOL

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 08-25-2009 at 01:30 PM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:16 PM   #142
KWhit
Coordinator

Is this like the Y2K bug?
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:56 PM   #143
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I just figured you guys were playing the 100'th game in secret on some other forum. I take back all the mean things I mumbled about you all. Except EF and Jackal.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 03:36 PM   #144
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
I just figured you guys were playing the 100'th game in secret on some other forum. I take back all the mean things I mumbled about you all. Except EF and Jackal.

You didn't say anything bad about Jackal and me? I knew you were a great guy.

EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 06:06 PM   #145
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
You didn't say anything bad about Jackal and me? I knew you were a great guy.

Miracles can happen!
Old 08-25-2009, 10:00 PM   #146
SnDvls
Pro Starter

hey people are padding their posts even before the game starts. I call B.S. on this
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:07 PM   #147
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
hey people are padding their posts even before the game starts. I call B.S. on this

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:21 PM   #148
KWhit
Coordinator

This game's dead.

Times 100.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:49 AM   #149
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

what

GIT R DUN!!!