Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-04-2024, 02:00 PM   #1351
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Just pick one of his kids (or in-laws) who doesn't reside in Florida. Not sure why he'd want to risk dying and not passing the torch directly anyway.
I am wondering why he hasn't. I guess it would be Don Jr. Ivanka has not exactly been as lockstep as Cocaine Cowboy has.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 02:01 PM   #1352
GrantDawg

BTW, No Labels has failed to find a candidate willing to run and will not be putting a Presidential candidate forward. Millions of dollars well laundered.
Old 04-04-2024, 02:17 PM   #1353
RainMaker
General Manager

Don Jr is too coked up. Eric is too dumb. Ivanka already got her billions from the Saudis and has no reason jump in that mess again.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 12:18 PM   #1354
RainMaker
General Manager

This has to be the dumbest country.

Old 04-05-2024, 12:53 PM   #1355
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
This has to be the dumbest country.

Oh she's a bonafide nutjob.

She occasionally entertains/amuses me, and at least she votes right most of the time ... but that's almost a stopped clock exception (or a savant skill).

She's a nutter ... and she's a near-perfect representative for that district tbh.

(A district that plays right into my contention that no candidate ever gets elected without votes from a fair number of pretty complete idiots)

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 04-05-2024 at 02:00 PM. Reason: fixed a typo
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 12:59 PM   #1356
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Her and a number of other people like her being voted into office seems to me to be a sign as well - a sign that, as Slayer says, God Hates Us All.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 01:26 PM   #1357
RainMaker
General Manager

The earthquake is at least plausible if you're going that route because we don't really know when they'll happen. But I think we've been able to track eclipses for a few hundred years I believe.
Old 04-05-2024, 01:58 PM   #1358
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

It was centered pretty close to Trump's Bedminster course, so maybe God is pissed at the grifting Bible salesman.
Old 04-05-2024, 02:20 PM   #1359
Thomkal
Head Coach

So the house Dems after repubs introduced a bill to rename Dulles Airport in D.C. after Trump, had a much better suggestion:rename the miami correctional facility after Trump. I love this-we can send peter navarro, steve bannon, all jan 6 participants and planners, and trump lawyers when they all lose their license. i'm sure they can have a golf course there so Trump can cheat them all and say he won every match. yes i can see it now,,,

Just a moment...
Old 04-08-2024, 08:06 AM   #1360
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

This isn't news but I just listened to Trumps response to the Florida 6 week abortion ban and how anyone can take him seriously is beyond me.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 08:28 AM   #1361
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Trump says 100 crazy things a day in public, and none of it is widely reported.

He says one moderate thing (leave abortion to the states), and WaPost and NYT can't wait to make that their A1 headline.

The media isn't pro-Trump. But it is pro-clicks. Which amounts to the same thing.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 11:34 AM   #1362
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post

He says one moderate thing (leave abortion to the states), and WaPost and NYT can't wait to make that their A1 headline.

The media isn't pro-Trump. But it is pro-clicks. Which amounts to the same thing.

In the NYT's case, they didn't like Hillary in 2016 so their coverage was anti-Hillary and mostly neutral for Trump. Which is pro Trump. For 2020 they realized Trump was bad for the country and pushed Biden. This election they seem to be repeating 2016.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 11:42 AM   #1363
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
This isn't news but I just listened to Trumps response to the Florida 6 week abortion ban and how anyone can take him seriously is beyond me.

For wedge issues he goes with what polling shows. He's been 100% against abortion because that's what his base wanted. Now that it's losing elections he's trying to be more moderate.

He's doing the same with Israel. He would have been pushing Israel to flatten Gaza as president and early on was saying they need to see it through and finish the job. It's not polling well on the dem side so now he's saying slightly more moderate things. He's even admitted it's because they're not winning the PR war.

You still can't take anything he says seriously because once he's in office it's going to be Stephen Miller and others deciding policy while he chases revenge on the Biden administration. He's a useful tool for the real facists.
Old 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM   #1364
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

He’s not winning any dems and very few independents talking about post birth abortions. That’s something only the most brainwashed on the right believes.
Old 04-08-2024, 12:17 PM   #1365
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I just saw a car with an "I love Catturd" magnet on the trunk. I hate this version of the simulation.
Old 04-08-2024, 12:52 PM   #1366
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post

I agree on that abortion position though. Probably not a popular stance on this board though.
Old 04-08-2024, 12:55 PM   #1367
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
I agree on that abortion position though. Probably not a popular stance on this board though.
Which position? That it should be up to the states, or that women should be put in prison for having abortions? He has held both.
Old 04-08-2024, 01:40 PM   #1368
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I will be pretty disappointed with the Biden campaign if they don't post a picture of Trump staring at the eclipse (from 2017).
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 01:59 PM   #1369
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Which position? That it should be up to the states, or that women should be put in prison for having abortions? He has held both.

The states thing
Old 04-08-2024, 02:09 PM   #1370
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
The states thing

I think there's a Healthcare standard for women that isn't met when it's left to the states.

Women shouldn't be going through the horror stories we're seeing because a bunch of old guys don't understand that abortion is a legit medical procedure.
Old 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM   #1371
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

You do know that a sizable number of women also oppose abortion right?
Old 04-08-2024, 02:21 PM   #1372
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

that post birth abortions are a thing?
Old 04-08-2024, 02:35 PM   #1373
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:

And I support their decision to not get one.
Old 04-08-2024, 02:46 PM   #1374
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:

Those women tend to change their mind when they're put in a situation where their health is in danger or the child isn't viable.

The problem is the vast majority of people equate abortion to a form of birth control. It's a medical procedure and a lot of people have a very difficult time accepting that until they need one.
Old 04-08-2024, 03:05 PM   #1375
GrantDawg

We can see with the mess that we are having with the states that state mandates are just chaos. Even if you are for a general abortion ban, states shouldn't be putting burdens on women for general health and reproductive care. No one should have to hire a lawyer or go before a judge to get what is regular health procedures done. They definitely shouldn't have to go to another state for care nor face prosecution from their home state if they do.
Old 04-08-2024, 05:47 PM   #1376
Atocep
Coordinator

The abortion issue starts with the fact that we do an absolutely horrible job of teaching women's health in this country. It's better in some places than others, but there isn't a place in this country that teaches it well. Men, generally speaking, have no clue on women's health issues and a depressing number of women aren't much better.

The term abortion has a negative stigma attached to it even though it is a legitimate medical procedure that saves lives on a daily basis. There's a significant number of women in this country that have had abortions and have no idea they had one. Hospitals refer to them as D&Cs when discussing it with mothers because they don't want to even get into any religious or political debates when someone's life is in danger.

The issue with turning it over to the state is we now have various levels of standard care for women. What about exceptions for life of baby or mother? The problem is the wording. When you say there's an exception for life of baby or mother doctors now have to wait until the life is in danger before providing care that should have been given much earlier. Entopic pregnancies are just one example. We know that fetus isn't viable and will put the mother's life at risk. Doctor's in abortion banned states, right now, have to wait until that fetus puts the mother's life at risk before they can move forward with the abortion.

In Texas, since the abortion ban went into effect, infant deaths caused by severe genetic or birth defects has gone up over 20%. This puts a massive amount of undue suffering on families and a newborn child that wasn't viable from the beginning.

I work in a hospital, but I'm IT and by no means an expert on this. My wife, however, grew up in a very conservative Christian home that was and still is very anti-abortion. She was a medic for several years in the hospital I work in and saw these things first hand. She's now very passionate about reproductive rights and women's healthcare.
Old 04-08-2024, 05:59 PM   #1377
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
We can see with the mess that we are having with the states that state mandates are just chaos. Even if you are for a general abortion ban, states shouldn't be putting burdens on women for general health and reproductive care. No one should have to hire a lawyer or go before a judge to get what is regular health procedures done. They definitely shouldn't have to go to another state for care nor face prosecution from their home state if they do.

It's like having a no peeing section in the pool.

the reality is this effects minority and low income people on a much higher level so the GOP doesn't care.
Old 04-09-2024, 11:20 AM   #1378
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

This is a nuclear bomb of an ad.

Old 04-09-2024, 12:37 PM   #1379
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post

Arizona just banned abortions; women are cattle now.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 12:46 PM   #1380
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
The term abortion has a negative stigma attached to it even though it is a legitimate medical procedure that saves lives on a daily basis. There's a significant number of women in this country that have had abortions and have no idea they had one. Hospitals refer to them as D&Cs when discussing it with mothers because they don't want to even get into any religious or political debates when someone's life is in danger.

This is well said. I remember that one of the Duggar women had an abortion a couple years ago. The fetus was non-viable and maybe a danger to her at some point. But it was still an abortion. They of course didn't call it that. She was provided condolences (from the Governor even!) even though she broke the law in her state.

There was a great piece put together about people who work at these clinics. They came across a lot of conservative people, including those who had been protesting the clinic on a daily basis. They all had reasons why their abortion wasn't the same as other abortions. They were "too young" or "didn't want to ruin their life" or whatever reason they could use to justify why they were different.

In the end, this has never been about abortion. Most people support it when it comes down to it when it comes to their personal life. It's about controlling women. It's why things that reduce abortions like access to birth control and health care are rebuked by anti-abortion activists. Their goal isn't to reduce abortions.
Old 04-09-2024, 12:48 PM   #1381
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:

Since Dems have no issues to run on besides this, this is all they should be talking about. The people convincing them to run on immigration should be fired.

Old 04-11-2024, 07:47 AM   #1382
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

With fluoride in dental products so we still need it in drinking water

I'm going to start standing really close to particle accelerators and hope that I am jumped into another timeline. This one really is the stupidest of all possible worlds.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 07:16 AM   #1383
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Trump sucks and all but his foreign policy is much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
From the first Trump Administration, a short-list:
  • Withdrew the U.S. from an Iranian sanctions program that then allowed Iran greater freedom to develop nuclear weapons
  • Gave legitimacy to the practice of Israeli settlements in the occupied West Bank

These aged well.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 07:37 AM   #1384
RainMaker
General Manager

West Bank settlements have been going on long before Trump (I understand this is new to some of you). Nuclear deal had nothing to do with Iran's retaliation. That deal didn't cause their consulate to get bombed.

I get your foreign policy stance is blowing up in your face again like people said it would (and like it has for 70 years). But it's going to be tough to blame this one on a guy who hasn't been in power in over 3 years.
Old 04-15-2024, 08:20 AM   #1385
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Conveniently leaving out the execution of Iran's general and the retaliation of dozens of injured U.S. servicemen.
Old 04-15-2024, 09:08 AM   #1386
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Conveniently leaving out the execution of Iran's general and the retaliation of dozens of injured U.S. servicemen.

The attack was retaliation against Israel for blowing up their consulate. It was not directed at American forces.

This is the result of Biden's foreign policy of letting Israel do whatever they want and to start a regional war. Not going to be able to orange man bad your way out of this one.
Old 04-15-2024, 10:13 AM   #1387
Atocep
Coordinator

Trump's lack of ground game and the RNC's lack of money to even have one is going to hurt them. Trump hasn't even had the money to have his rallies lately.

I guess the RNC also fired most of their experienced people due to failing the "loyalty test" they made them take to keep their jobs when Laura Trump took it over.
Old 04-15-2024, 10:49 AM   #1388
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Funny what happens when you get a reputation for not paying bills.
Old 04-15-2024, 01:04 PM   #1389
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Trump's lack of ground game and the RNC's lack of money to even have one is going to hurt them. Trump hasn't even had the money to have his rallies lately.

I guess the RNC also fired most of their experienced people due to failing the "loyalty test" they made them take to keep their jobs when Laura Trump took it over.

I think it'll hurt them down ballot in a big way. Already seeing some people talk about how bad the Republicans Congressional hopes are looking. Think there is a good chance the House flips again which would at least be some check on Trump.
Old 04-16-2024, 07:28 PM   #1390
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
We already know what Trump's foreign policy would be. It would be doing what Putin wants the U.S. to do. Given that you seem totally fine with Putin being allowed to do what he wants to do, RM, I could see how you would come up with such a ridiculous statement.

This sounds like doing what Putin wants us to do. Tell us again how we care about Ukraine "winning" this war.