Welcome back Velazquez!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 03:47 PM   #252
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Stats!

Passing

QB Blake Bortles, 11 starts, 238 of 313, 76%, 2936, 23:11, 114.4 rating, 13 sacks, 3 fumbles
QB Hardy Schaefer, 5 starts, 131 of 167, 78.4%, 1478 yards, 10:2, 118.5 rating, 19 sacks, 3 fumbles

So, Schaefer did fine spelling Bortles. That’s good. In fact except for sacks, he is better than Bortles, but he has a smaller sample size. The point is that the offense didn’t slow down much with him at the helm. I’m glad I extended Schaefer by a year.

Rushing

RB Jermaine Woods, 274 for 1265, 4.62 ypc, 15 rushing scores29 grabs, 156 yards, 1 score

Woods was, at the halfway mark, 3rd in the league in rushing yards, and fell to 8th. He also had 15 rushing scores, which leads the league. That’s a strong performance. Whew! I can’t tell you how happy I am to see that.

Receiving:

WR Marqise Lee, 92 for 1468 yards, 12 receiving scores; 1 rushing TD
WR Joshua Wild, 105 for 1465, 8 scores
TE Brett Kovacs 59 for 610 and 5
FB Wheatley, 40 for 425 and 4
WR Fahey, 20 for 296 and 2
WR Banks 24 for 212 and 1

Lee was 3rd and Wild 4th in receiving yardage, and Lee led the league in catching scores. Kovacs proved himself worthy of our starting roles. Among TEs he was 4th in receiving yards and led in receiving scores.

Special Teams:

K Marquis Danforth – 18 of 25 f with a long of 48; 56 of 56 PAT

P Conner Donovon – 78, 44.1 average, 36 in 20.

LBs Miceli and Okobi each had 25 special teams tackles.

We don’t have any one good in returning the football. Danforth had the 5th worst % in the league. Not a good year for special teams…

Defense:

DE Cesar Velazquez, 35 solo and 10 assists; 10 sacks, 5 blocked passes, 24 hurries, 19 QB KD; 3 FF
DE Gregory Burton, 34 and 11 tackles; 7.5 sacks, 2 block, 12 hurries, 2 QBKD; 2 FumRec
DT Brant Missouri, 31 and 10 tack, 5 sacks, 2 block, 9 hurries, 1 QBKD
DT Quentin Grossman, 35 and 17 tackles; 4.5 sacks, 9 hurries, 6 QBKD
DE Ron Ketteridge, 5 sacks, 2 blocks, 9 hurries, 1 QBKD; 2 FF; 1 FumRec
DT Randy Frederick, 4.5 sacks, 2 blocks, 2 hurries

Solid play from my D Line, but no guy that really sold me. Even Velazquez could have been better. Burton was good in his debut though.

SLB Ezra Wilkerson, 71 solos, 19 assists; 2.5 sacks, 2 hurries, 4 pasdef
MLB Lance Morris, 93 and 34 tackles; 2 sacks, 1 block,1 hurry 11 pasdef; 2 FF; 2 FumRec
WLB Amari Snipes, 21 and 6; 1 hurry

Wilkerson was well rounded, and looks like a solid enough starter moving forward and I’m not embarrassed by Morris either.

SS Jermaine Whalen – 99 solo and 37 assists; 4.5 sacks, 1 pick, 12 pasdef, 3 FF
FS Irving Troy – 10 starts, 1 sacks, 1 pick, 3 pasdef
CB Colton Hanks, 1 sacks, 5 picks, 1 INT RET TD 9 pasdef
CB Shane Hopkins, 2 hurries; 3 picks, 11 pasdef; 2 FF
CB Emmitt Burke, 8 pasdef

Hmmm….Troy you continue to suck. Hanks was awesome in the 1st half of the season and leading the league in picks with 5. Then….slowdown city.

Blocking:

OG Marquis Satre, 50 KRB, 12 pancakes, 5 sacks allowed
OT Myron Starks, 30 KRB, 8 pancakes, 8 sacks allowed
OC Myron Leggin, 23 KRB, 3 sacks allowed
OT Joel Cameron, 16 KRB and 9 sacks allowed
OG Steven Kelley, 12 starts, 10 KRB, 1 pancakes, 5 sacks allowed
FB Robbie Wheatley, 13 KRB, 0 sacks allowed

Satre had 4th most KRB in league, 2nd most pancakes. Dammit Kelley!

Old 04-25-2015, 05:46 PM   #253
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Team Awards:

Offensive Player of the Year: RB Jermaine Woods – It’s nice to have a running game again, isn’t it? We like it when running over things works. Our game needs that change up in order to make things work, because we can’t have defenses keying in on defenders too much. I Want my 1200-1350 rush yards and 12 rush TDs every year. Woods got me 1265 and 15 – led the league in rushing scores. Good job!

Defensive Player of the Year: MLB Lance Morris – Even though he was wobbly a bit and knocked down to questionable, we kept him in, and he had a strong season for us, with tackles, sacks, forced fumbles, and don’t forget, tied for second on the team in passes defended. Good job buddy!

Special Teams Player of the Year: LS Grayson Johnstone – You’ve been a quiet rock on the team for a decade, and it keeps on. Thanks!

Rookie of the Year: SLB Wilkerson - Both Wilkerson and Burton make compelling cases for this award. It’s very close. I’m going with Wilkerson because damn we needed a good outside linebacker. We’ve had 7.5 sacks and good stuff from DEs, but not the tackles, sacks, pass coverage and run stopping that you need from a SLB> Wilkerson gave us that. Welcome to the Jaguars!

Heart Award – QB Hardy Schaefer – He came in and started for a team that was 9-0. When he left it was 13-1. He played better than Bortles in his 5 starts. Schaefer was a great quality for our roster, and reaped benefits four years after drafting him.

Old 04-25-2015, 06:19 PM   #254
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Alright, let’s end this season!

Team Performance – 90
Value – 90
Profit – 73
Roster – 21

Score – 76

Retirements –

CB Kayvon Webster and OC Roger Pearson have retired.

Other Major Players Leaving the NFL:

QB Aaron Rodgers
RB Le’Veon Bell
TE Rob Gronkowski
WR Michael Floyd
WR Torrey Smith
WR AJ Green
WR Emmanuel Sanders
C Maurkice Pouncey
OC Roger Pearson – Sad
OT Matt Kalil
OT Sebastian Vollmer
OT Nate Solder
OT Russell Okang
K Nick Folk
DE VInny Curry
DT Marcell Dareus
DT Gerald McCoy
SILB Luke Kuechly
OLB Aldon Smith
OLB Melvin Ingram
CB Morris Claiborne
SS Rahim Moore
SS George Iloka – Another of ours for a while
FS Earl Thomas

A lot of retirees are players generated by the game, I won’t normally list them here heading on out.

New Hall of Fame – Ryan Clady, Joe Thomas, Calvin Johnson

6.4 mill cap increase

Our stadium renovations have finished up. Yay!

We made 20 mill last year
We had 99.8% attendance

With our renos complete, we are now worth 1.327 billion dollars, and our second in value only to the Seahawks

Our Stadium is ranked 2nd best
Roster is 13th best
Support tied for best (with Colts and 49ers)
16th best economy

Old 04-25-2015, 08:01 PM   #255
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I extend contracts to our Assit Head Coach and Off Coor

We draft 27th still.

Then a great OC is available and I snag him. Mr. No Weakness OC Winston Rogers.

No other staff changes.

I pimp up my ticket prices hard. We have improved parking lot, field, seats, etc.

We have 39 players under contract:

RFA:

QB Tito Poston
TE Stanley Ballard
MLB Toby Miceli
WLB Logan Sims

UFA:

FB Robbie Wheatley
TE Josiah Logan
SE Roman Fahey
RT Owen Ofodile
P Conner Donovan
K Marquis Danforth
RCB Owen Horn
SS Marcus Gilchrist

No major franchise tags or anything.

We don’t have a pick this year in the 2nd round.

Let’s hit up FAA

Old 04-25-2015, 09:10 PM   #256
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Who on my roster that I want to extend deals to?

I extend LS Grayson Johnstone

I know he’s an 8th year vet, but I like what Morris brought.

I like what Lee, MLB Morris, DT Missouri, and CB Hopkins have brought. I’ll put them on my short list for now

RFA? I bring back TE Ballard and MLB Miceli and WLB Sims - they were all Undrafted FAs I picked up last year that brought it.

Before I hit the FA with kickers and punters, I want to check the draft. Nobody major there. I can grab mine in free agency.

I need:

Starting FB
RB
TE
C
WR
OTx2
K
P
3xCB
S

I’d like to bring in a starter quality S to push out FS Troy. Maybe a starter at WLB. I need depths at CB,

Before doing any extensions, let’s move to FA week one.

Who excites me?

I make an offer to Punter Brad Nortman

No kickers yet. I’ma wait until prices drop on them.

FS Carter Dernbach, 44/44 guy – the 3rd best FS in FA but the first one that won’t cost me a massive amount of cash.

I have a conflict with my new oline leader. I make a 4 year offer to bring in a solid OT named Byrce Talaridou who would be my leader and Bortles, Kelley, Cameron and Wheeler are all happy about that. Sold.

I’m going to wait on FB prices to drop. You can get them later.

I make some extensions – I extend CB Hopkins by 3 years.

I extend QB Peters by a year. I extend MLB Morris by three years.

Okay. We have 11.2 under the cap and I only need 5 for my draft class. I am going to hold off on Lee, since I suspect he’ll drop in rating post-camp or post-preseason.

Old 04-25-2015, 09:41 PM   #257
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I also want to extend QB Hardy Schaefer, he wants a four year deal with 2.8, 3.36, 3.64, and then 4.29 mill. That’s not bad. But I want to hold off on that until later.

Oh, Johnny Manziel is in FA.

Anyone else I want to chase? I make an offer to WR Nicholas Ford. I need a good WR option other than the late bodies I keep passing over.

Both OG Kelley and OT Cameron are 51/51 and 52/52 respectively. And if they were playing like it, I’d extend them right now. But neither have sold me. Cameron, with 16 starts as a fully developed guy was just 16 KRB out of 57 KRO for a 28.1%. And 9 sacks allowed, that’s weak. I’ll keep them open in case we find a great rookie like I often do in the O Line.

Stage 2 – Manziel is heading to Green Bay.

Stage 3 – Nothing major

Stage 4 – Nothing again

Stage 5 – We sign RT Bryce Talaridou. 4 years, 11.94 mill.

Stage 6 – We sign FS Carter Dernbach to 3 years, 6.34 mill. Several offers to kickers have been made. I don’t make a move.

Stage 7 No news

Stage 8 – WR Ford, a 41/41 guy signs with us for 2 years, 2.65 mill – he has an affinity for Marqise Lee as well. We sign P Nortman. I make an offer to an old friend.

I am almost out of money. I have an ace in the hole, and I use it. I call up Bortles. We extend his deal by a year, drop his cap hit to 15 this year, 19 next, and then 15 the last year.

Stage 9 – Kickers begin to sign. They are still too pricey. We sign TE JR Delaroche for a two year deal worth 3.88 mill. Welcome back sir.

Stage 10 – No major news. TE Josiah Logan signed with the 49ers.

Stage 11 – No major news

Old 04-25-2015, 10:21 PM   #258
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I will head to the Draft to see what I can rustle up:

I scout the top two kickers but they are overrated and very overrated. Hmpf.

We pick 1.30, and we don’t have a 2nd rounder, but we pick 7.3 as well. I have an underrated potential affinity FB out there at the top of the board if I’m feeling up for it. (I’m not)

WHOA OT. We have like 15 good quality starting level Ots (7 actually). I scout up a bunch of them. And some OG as well.

The 2024 NFL Amateur Draft

Because I lack picks and such, this is not going to be one of those drafts I follow that closely. I just grab the draft and fast sim until it’s my pick.

The first pick is San Diego who snags a DE.

How many OTs have gone in the first 29 picks? 5. Let’s take a look at who is left. Anyone I like?

RT Brant Matthews, had 4 blue combines, 50 volatility, 33% developed, and….very overrated.
RT Victor O’Neill, did not go to the combine, 39 volatility, 30% developed, and overrated

Now, without checking, there is DE Derek Osborn, with 4 blue combine scores, what looks to be incredible bars, and I’m not bored when I look at him Do I just draft for value? I interviewed the 3rd and 4th OGs on the board, and the 1st and 2nd are there too. Not a single OG has been drafted in the first round thus far. I can take any that I want. That’s enticing. I can take a WR< Roberto Moore with a potential affinity who looks pretty sexy based on bars. Not Wild sexy, but maybe Lee’s replacement down the road at SE.

Okay, now here’s something else – I scouted the 2nd best ILB in the draft, expecting #1 to be taken, and none have gone The #1 guy has horrible bars.

SILB Craig Puckett, 22 volatility, 4 blue combines, 26% developed, overrated

So, do I take a random WR or DE that looks good? OR do I grab the ILB or OT that fell?

Basically, my choices are all at places I have depth. I don’t need an OT, I have Cameron for another year. I don’t need OG for the same reason. I don’t need DE I have Velazquez and Burton. I don’t need ILB I just signed Morris. I don’t need WR I have Wild and Lee.

Alright, if I didn’t have a single player in these spots, and I wanted someone, who would I take:

DE Osborn
One of the OTs
SILB Puckett
One of the OGs
SE Moore

Hmmm… this may be the hardest choice I’ve had to make in the back part of the 1st in a while.

I grab CB Randall Liu in the 3rd. Then BAP from, there. I draft…

DE Osbron or Very Overrated OT Brant Matthews - I just hope he’s not a Goldhammer . It’s down to those two. I don’t need DE. I don’t. And I don’t want to risk the lower rated, no combine scored, overrated lesser OT.

I grab Matthews

I take some depth later on. RB at 3.30, then OG at 4.30, and then CB at 5.30.

Here we go:

The 2024 Jacksonville Jaguars Draft

1st – OT Brant Matthews, Toledo
3rd – RB Erick Winslett, Notre Dame
4th – OG Michael Berggren, San Jose State
5th – CB Allen Hutchings, Mississippi State
6th – C Joshua Pieper, Indianapolis
7th – CB Earl Monalvo, Boston University; K Dave Perez, Miami, Flor

Old 04-25-2015, 10:49 PM   #259
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We have a B+ rating

None of our players on the Green Page.

Early Results:

OT Matthews 21/53 – Yuck. That’s not the start of something wonderful.
RB Winslett – 33/48
K Perez – 25/48 – Yuck there too.

The DE I was considering is 35/69 right now. The SE is 29/56. Not great either. Could have gotten a strong 70 potential OG maybe to replace my OT Cameron, idiot, idiot, idiot.

In a move that surprised practically no one, RB Woods has held out. He wants a deal with 7, 8, 8, and 8.6. Now, if he was 63/63 instead of 53/53 maybe. He’s the 20th best RB in the league. He started In his 2nd and 3rd years in the league and he had 890 and 753 yards, 3.33 or 3.62 ypc and 6 and 6 Rsh td. He had good stats because he was running behind All Pro FB, OT, OG, a C with the potential to be one of the best in eh league and a long time OG and OT starter. And he was running with one of the leagues best passing games opening things up. That’s not you buddy, and I an’t paying you like you are a top ten RB.

I make a few offers:

K Kevin Hargrove, very cheap

I also offer:

UFA FB Devon Goodwin
UFA DE Ken Bridgeman
UFA SE Winfred Howard
UFA C Patrick Peters

Stage 2 – Cleveland signs FB Robbie Wheatley. We sign K Kevin Hargrove.

Stage 3 – We bring in no one, I make an offer to a UFA WLB. Meanwhile, former RB Walter Gohl heads to Detroit and S Marcus Gilchrist to Green Bay.

Stage 4 – We sign all of our targets.

WLB Avery Haldar, 3 years, 5.86 mill, 5th year vet, 44/44 guy. Removes conflicts by becoming our new leader.

Pre-camp, I sign FB Cory Finley, 39/39, to a vet min salary.

Old 04-25-2015, 11:14 PM   #260
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

CAMPING!

We sold 67,200 season tickets out of 67,200 season tickets.

I have 60 players on my roster

I cut: K Dave Perez; OC Patrick Peters; OG Zachery Wheeler, WLB Landon Bush; ELB Ken Okobi; WR Bryan Cooley, and

We go 3-1 in the preaseason.

Crap!

Here is OT Brant Matthews in the post-preseason – 24/45. A perfectly good third rounder I suppose. That solid RB I drafted? Ebbing down to 34/39. I had a solid OG Michael Berg, he;s busted down to 25/39.

Feh. Other draftees I was considering?

Post Preseason?

DE Osborn - 41/69
OG Craig Bay – 41/65
OG Jimmie Monroe – 47/72
MLB Puckett – 26/49 That’s not too disappointing I suppose
SE Roberto Moore – 32/53
OT O’Neill – 38/64

I don’t know how I talked myself in that pick. That was an awful pick.

There was a 36/63 C taken a few picks after I’m grabbing some random RB.

I am a bad drafter.

And now I have to throw some good money after bad.

TE Kovacs has dropped to 47/47. That sucks. Kelley dropped to 46/46. RB George dropped as well. QB Bortles drops to 49/49.

I cut: FB Devin Goodwin and DE Ray Tomlinson

There are a few folks I can still sign up – OG Kelley, OT Cameron, QB Schaefer, DT Missouri, SE Lee.

I extend Lee by two years.

Roster has dropped.

Old 04-26-2015, 12:12 AM   #261
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Roster Strength of Starters:

14th worst QB
15th best RB
8th worst FB
11th worst TE
THE best WR
13th best C
3rd best OG
5th best OT
15th best P
13th best K
5th best DE
18th best DT
6th worst MLB
10th best OLB
7th best Cb
6th best S

As of today, SS Jermaine Whalen, at 61/61, is the 10th best Safety in the league. There’s have been virtually no good FS to come out in the draft. At 52/63, OLB Wilkerson is the 9th best OLD in the league by potential. Just 11 OLb in the league are at 60+ rating current. Only two, mine and a rooki, have a potential of 60+. Among DEs, rookie from last year, DE Gregory Burton is the 10th best DE by potential and 10th by current ranking. C Myron Leggin is now 50/73.

We are the 5th youngest team in the league.

Let’s begin:

Week 1 – We open with a game on the road against Indianapolis and we just plant them 42-9. Bortles, MVP, has 21 of 27 for 414 and 5:1. Wild gets 184 yards on 10 catches for 2 scores, Lee 4 grabs for 111 and a score, and WR Nicholas Ford, my new signee has 3 for 76 and 2 scores. RB Henry Tiessen rushes for a score too. Pick by CB Hanks, and Hanks forced a fumble that DE Ron Ketteridge recovered. Sack by DT Missouri, 3 blocked passes by DE Ketteridge (DANG), pretty quiet day all told.

No major injuries either.

Week 2 – We head to Detroit and win 21/16. RB Tiessen had 14 carries, 101 yards, Bortles is 22 of 30 for 290 and 3:3, and Wild Is Game MVP with 8 grabs for 174 yards and 2 core.s WR Ford has a score. Pick by MLB Morris. Forced fu,mble by DE Velazquez, recovered by CB Hopkins. Sacks by FL Myles Clinton and SS Jermaine Whalen. 4 KRB by Satre.

Week 3 – We head to Baltimore, and this time, they take us down,41-24. Bortles was 21 for 44 and 382 and 3:3. Wild had 177 yards an 1 score, Lee 52 and another and WR Ford 65 and the third. Sack by MLB Morris. 3 KRB by C Leggin (and a pancake too)

Week 4 – We host the Jets and drop to 2-2. 30-17. Bortles is 35 of 52 for 416 and 2:3 and hi Wild for 11 catches 145 yards and 2 scores, and Lee for 106 yards. Sacks by DE Burton and DT Grossman.

Old 04-26-2015, 12:41 AM   #262
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 5 – We host the 1-win Dolphins and return to our winning ways 38-14. RB Henry Tiessen rushes 17 for 119 yards and RB Bryaden George 15 for 101 and a score, and even rookie Erick Winslett gets a rush score. Bortles is 21 of 31 for 246 and 3:1, and Wild had 6 for 89 and a score and Lee gets 2 scores himself. Rookie CB Allen Hutchings gets his first pick of the season. FF and remove by DE Ketteridge. DT Missouri with 1.5 sacks, and 1 sack by DT Grossman. 5 KRB by OT Cameron and 3 by Starks and 3 and 2 pancakes by Satre.

DE Burton is doubtful with turf toe. I am benching him until he heals. We’ll start DE Ketteridge and I activate DE Nathaniel Brown.

Week 6 – We host the Colts and beat them again, 33-7. Bortles, MVP, with 27 of 32, 281, and 3:1. RB Tiessen rushes 20 times for 128 yards. Wild has 92 and a TD, Lee and TE Kovacs TDs too. Sacks by SS Whalen, DT Missoru, and 5 KRB by C Leggin.

Unfortunately, QB Bortles is out again, this time for two weeks with a strained Achilles tendon. Again, Schaefer will start for him. I sign Tito Poston back again. I cut MLB Ezekiel Mueller to make room for him.

Week 7 – We head to 5-1 Tennessee and now they are 6-1 after we lose 34-18. RB Tiessen gets a rushing score, and QB Schaefer is 19 for 29 and 250 and 1:1. Wild got 101 yards and RB Winslett caught the other score.

DE Burton is back from injury. WR Winfred Howard is doubtful.

Week 8 -BYE

Bortles is back.

Week 9 – We head to, and clock Buffalo 52-19. Bortles, Game MVP and NFL Offensive Player of the Week has 30 of 40, 397 and 6). Lee has 10 catches 138 yards and 2 scores, and Wild has 9 fr o147 and 3. 2 sacks by Velazquez, and others by DE Burton, SOBL Wilkerson, and DE Ketteridge.

RB Woods has officially ended his holdout. I place him on inactive. I waive QB Poston.

Old 04-26-2015, 01:21 AM   #263
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 10 – We head to 5-3 New England and win big, 30-7. Bortles, MVP, with 25 of 34, 304 and 3:1. Wild caught for 123 and RB Henry catches 2 scores ad TE Kovacs the other. Tiessen also has 21 for 133 on the ground. Picks by SS Whalen and CB Hutchings. 3 sacks by DE Burton, 1 by DE Velazquez, 5 KRB by Satre, 4 by Starks.

DE Velazquez is doubtful with a hyperextended knee.

Week 11 – We host the Texans and send them home 31-21. Bortles is NFL Offensive Player of the Week with 22 of 34 and 267 and 4:0. RB Tiessen had 99 yards and RB George 93 yards on the ground, while Wild catches a score, and TE Delaroche, Kovacs and WR Ford all get scores as well. 5 KRB by Satre, 4 by OG Kelley, 3 by C Leggin.

I activate RB Woods and deactivate RB Winslett. WE Howard is out for a few weeks and I activate our 3rd string TE Stanley Ballard. TE Delaroche is questionable.

Week 12 – We host and then upend the Vikings 33-24. Bortles has 30 of 38, 263, 2:0, and hits Wild 10 times for 100 and 1 score, Lee 6 times for 62 and a score, and Rb Woods rushes 22 for 86 and as coer. Forced fumbles by WLB Amari Snipes and FS Myles Clinton recovered by DT Grossman and CB allen Hutchings. 1/5 sacks by Burton, 1 by DE Velazquez and SLB Ezra. 3 KRB by Kelley.

Week 13 – We host and defeat the Oakland Raiders as well 48-21. Lots of people did good stuff on thise one

Borltes (MVP) – 26 of 36, 4:2, 326 yards
WR Lee, 7 for 72 and 1 score
TE Kovacs 6 for 126 and 2 scores
WR Ford, score
RB Woods 21 rushes for 187 yards, 1 score
RB Tiessen 9 for 65, 1 score
RB Brayden George, 3 for 15 and a score
DE Burton, 1 FF, 1.5 sacks,
CB Hanks, 1 Fumble Recovered
DE Ketterridge 2 sacks
DE Velazquez – 3 QB Knockdown
SS Jermaine Whalen – 3 passed defended
OG Kelley – 5 KRB
OT Joel Cameron – 4 KRB
C Myron Leggin – 4 KRB

We have a few injures. OG Marquis Satre is questionable, FL Wild probable, FS Irving Troy out,, Bortels questionable, FB Finley questionable,but nothing too major.

Old 04-26-2015, 01:45 AM   #264
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 14 – We travel to Chicago. And we win 31-17. RB Woods rushes 17 for 94 and a score. Bortles is 25 of 35 for 326 and 3:3, and hit Lee for 143 yards and a score, and Wild for 108 and 2. Forced fumble by SLB Wilkerson and picked by SS Whalen. Sack by DE Burton. 3 KRB by C Leggin. WR Howard is healed and back.

Week 15 – The biggest game of the season is here. The 11-2 Titans come to town to take on the 10-3 Jaguars. We are the teams with the 3nd and 3rd best records in the AFC respectively. (Baltimore has just one loss). The winner of the AFC South likely gets a bye. We lose, 17-23. And DE Burton is out for 6 weeks with a dislocated elbow.

DE Velazquez was the game MVP with 3.5 sacks and SLB Wilkerson added another. Pick bu hanks returned 82 yard sfor as core. Forced fumbled by Velazquez and recovered by him too. Bortles 28 of 41 for 296, and 1:2 and hit Wild for 116 and a score and Lee for 98 yards, and Woods rushed for 82 on just 12 carries.

The Titans are 12-2 and we are 10-4, with 2 games to go. And the Titans swept us, so they have won the division.

Week 16 – The 8-6 Packers arrive and leave 38-23 losers. Bortles, Game MVP and NFL Offensive Player of the Week had 31 for 34, 337 and 5:0. Lee had 10 grabs for 116 yards and 3 scores, and Kovacs and Ford the others. Pick by MLB Morris. 1.5 saacks by DE Ketteridge, and 1 by Velazquez.

Week 17 – We head to, and win against, Houston 42-35. DE Velazquez is Game MVP and NFL Defensive Player of the Week with 4 sacks, 2 hurries and a knockdown. DE Ketteridge got 3 sacks too. DT Missouri 1. 3 KRB by TE Kovacs. And a pancake too! Pick and return 44 yards for a score by MLB Morris. Wild has 108 yards for a score, Ford 103 for 2. RB Woods rushes for 93 and another socre and Bortles was 34 of 43 for 374 and 4:2.

SLB Wilkerson is out for two weeks.

Old 04-26-2015, 02:21 AM   #265
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The 2024 NFL Playoffs

The AFC Standings:

#1 Seed 15-1 Baltimore Ravens
#2 Seed 14-2 Tennessee Titans
#3 Seed 11-5 New England Patriots
#4 Seed 9-7 San Diego Chargers
#5 Seed 12-4 Jacksonville Jaguars
#6 Seed 8-8 Houston Texans

NFC features Lions at Vikins and Saints at 49ers

We head to San Diego and are favored to win by a lot of points.

And we lose. By one.

37-36

Bortles was still MVP with 25 of 34 for 337 and 2:0 and Wild had 6 for 103 and a score, Lee had 6 for 93, and RB Tiiessen caught a score, while Tiessen and Woods rushed for scores, forced fumbles by WLB Snipes and DE Ketteridge went to CB Hanks and Cory Finley and 1.5 sacks by DE Velazquez and 4 KRB by Satre (and 2 pancakes 2) and 3 by Cameron.

Houston lost 17-27
Saints won 22-16
Lions won 17-10

I consider extending RG Steven Kelley or OT Camero, but the OT wants a ton of money to do so.

I extend RB Brayden George by two years

I extend QB Hardy Schaefer

If Kelley were 56/56, I’d do it, but 46/46 is too dangerous for me to extend at 6 mill a year money.

Week 2 – Divional

New England heads to Tennessee
San Diego to Baltimore

Detroit to Phily
New Oreleans to Tampa Bay

Titans 34, Pats 20
Ravens 30, Chargers 7
Lions 27, Eagles 20
Saints 45, Bucs 26

NFL Championship Week

Tennessee upends the Baltimore Ravens 24-17
The Saints over the Lions 20-17

The Titans win the Super Bowl 26-20 over the Saints.

Good job Titans!

Old 04-26-2015, 02:36 AM   #266
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Awards:

All Pro 1st Team:

WR Joshua Wild

All Pro 2nd Team

QB Blake Bortles

Stats:

QB Bortles, 398 of 551, 72.2%, 4919 yards, 51:22 ratio, 113.6 Rating, 15 starts, 22 sacks, 5 fumbles

Again, pretty solid year! Even with the decline, he was 200 yard over the leader, 14 TDs over the leader, etc.

Rushing:

RB Tiessen, 10 starts, 170 for 940, 5.53 yards, 3 rush scores
RB Woods, 6 starts, 99 for 588, 5.94 ypc, 4 rush TD
RB George, 87 for 411, 4.72, 2 scores

Very mixed bag obviously.

Receiving:

WR Joshua Wild – 122 catches, 1829 yards, 18 TDs
WR Marqise Lee 94 grabs, 1179 yards, 14 TDs
TE Brett Kovacs – 43 for 551 and 6
WR Ford 41 for 672 and 9

Ford was a nice off season signing. He gets along with Marqise Lee too. And can I say, Damn Wild!

Special Teams.

K Kevin Hargrove, 20 of 26, long of 56, 63 of 64 PAT
P Brad Nortman, 63 punts, 17 in 20 43.1 average

CB Allen Hutchings, 46 PR, 1 PR RET TD< 6.6 avg,
CB Colton Hanks, 38 KR, 22.4 avg,

ILB Toby Miceli, 29 special teams tackles, 2nd highest tally in NFL (3 players had 31, none others had 29, next highest was 27)

Defense:

DE Cesar Velazquez – 42 tacles, 8 assists, 13 sack, 5 blocked passes, 13 hurries, 17 QBKD; 2 FF, 1 FumRed
DE Gregory Burton – 12 starts, 24 and 8 tack, 9.5 sacks, 5 blocks, 12 hurries, 14 QBKD, 2 pasdef
DE Ron Ketteridge, 4 starts, 20 and 11, 8.5 sacks, 3 blocked, 9 hurries, 1 QBKD; 3 FumRec
DT Brant Missouri, 25 and 9, 5 sacks, 3 blocks, 4 hurries, 1 QBKD
DT Quentin Grossman, 22 an 10 tack, 3 sacks, 1 block, 12 hurries, 6 QBKD

Another strong year for Velazquez, and maybe it’s time t pull Grossman, but I’m losing Missouri, so I can’t go all DT hog-wild.

SLB Ezra Wilkerson, 65 solo, and 19 assit; 3.5 sacks, 4 hurries, 1 QBKD, 5 pasdef; 2 FF
MLB Lance Morris, 91 and 31; 1 sack, 3 hurries, 3 pick, 1 INT RET TD, 4 pasdef; 3 FF, 1FRec
WLB Amari Snipes, 41 and 10; 1 pasdef

SS Jermaine Whalen, 93 and 29 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 hurry, 1 pck, 8 pasdef
FS Myles Clinton, 53 and 14 tacks 1 sack, 1 hurry, 8 Passdef; 2 FF
CB Colton Hanks, 2 picks, 1 INT RET TD, 7 pasdef
CB Shane Hopkins, 0 picks, 8 pasdef
CB Allen Hutchings, 2 picks, 3 fumrec
CB Emmitt Burke, 8 pasdef

We have a Hopkins problem, You can have a pick-less season. Period. End of discussion. And we can’t have a season with 8 total interceptions on my team. That;s inexcusable. My MLB Should not be leading the team with interceptions.

Blocking

OG Satre – 31 KRB, 6 pancakes, 5 sacks allowed
C Myron Leggin, 30 KRB, 1 pancake, 2 sacks allowed
OT Starks -0 26, 4 and 4 allowed
OG Kelley, 21 and 1 sack allowed
OT Cameron, 21 KRB and 11 sacks allowed.
FB Finley 1 KRB and 2 pancakes
TE Kovacs, 6 and 2 pancakes

Satre was slow, and still had a solid year. Leggin is clearly a guy. We only had 22 sacks on the season so 50% of our sacks came through Cameron. And he wants 7 mill?

Old 04-26-2015, 02:43 AM   #267
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Team Awards:

Offensive Player of the Year: WR Joshua Wild – Oh yeah. All Pro 1st Team, had a ridiculous amount of yards, and 18 TDs blows away the next highest (14, which Lee and one other had). The day is Wild.

Defensive Player of the Year: DE Cesar Velazquez – He led the team in every major disruption stat – sacks, blocks, hurries, and QB knockdowns. His disruption of the QB continues. He just keeps hitting the QB. He was tied for 3rd in the league for sacks. He could have been All Pro again (#2 was a LB).

Special Teams Player of the Year: ILB Toby Miceli - Don’t sleep on guy who can get the 2nd high special teams tackle total in the league. That’s quality as a gunner. Thanks!

Rookie of the Year: CB Allen Hutchings - With such a bad class, who stood out? Hutchings had a punt return for a score, and a quarter of our interception total. That’s a pretty solid contribution list from the 5th round selection and rookie. Thanks!

Heart Award: RB Henry Tiessen, this 38/38 guy was tossed into a bad situation when RB Woods held out for half the season. He did a solid job spelling him too. No complaints here about his 5.53 ypc and 4 100 yard games in 10 tries. Thanks RB!

Old 04-26-2015, 02:56 AM   #268
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

End of the Season!

Performance – 66
Franchise Value – 100
Profit – 86
Roster – 20

77 Score

Retirements of Note:

LS Grayson Johnstone

QB Matt Stafford
TE Travis Kelce
WR TY Hilton
WR Josh Gordon
C Rodney Hudson
OG Kyle Long
DT Nick Fairley
SLB Jarvis Jones
WLB Jamie Collins
CB Jonathan Banks
SS Marcus Gilchrist

Hall of Fame – Clay Matthews, Joe Haden, Michael Bennett

6.4 mill cap rise again

We made 123 millin last year!
We are worth 1.289 bill – 5th most

The 2nd best stadium
22nd best roster
3rd best support
7th worst economy

100% attendance

Old 04-26-2015, 09:44 AM   #269
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

RFA:

SE Winfred Howard
DE Ken Bridgman
MLB Toby Miceli
WLB Logan Sims

UFA:

RB Henry Tiessen
FB Cory Finley
OG Mark Meadows
OG Steven Kelley
OT Joel Cameron
DE Ron Ketteridge
DT Brant Missouri
WLB Amari Snipes
FS Myles Clinton

That’s a lot of my depth, and multiple starters (Kelley, Cameron, Finley, Missouri, Snipes, Clinton).

I have 20 mill in cap space, 12 for players. 39 players under contract. None of these seem like the kind of person to franchise.

I raise DC Geathers’ deal

Staff Draft, get ready:

We pick 5th:

Our HC current suitability is 61. Three is a 66 guy on the board. I love him too, so I grab the Defensive coordinator from the Lions KC Peak, He;s pretty sexy,

For OC I go from 61 to 69 and take Dalton Finley.

At DC? I grab a 85 guy – Les Garnder I even sign a new strength Coord. The only one I keep is the Assist. Coach.

We have a much improved staff!

I massage my ticket prices a bunch. I have a good stadium, fan support and good team. Let’s push it. We are now the 2nd highest price in the league after the Seahawks.

Old 04-26-2015, 10:00 AM   #270
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

So let’s hit up FA

Major players that are up in 2025:

LG Satre
DE Velazquez
FS Troy
RB Woods
FL Wild
TE Kovacs
C Leggin
SS Whalen
K Hargrove

Well, I haven’t taken stupid pills, so I extend:

WR Wild – 4 years, drop cap hit this year to 18 mil from 21.

OG Satre – Just wants a one year extension, I offer it to him. He’s ebbed to 82/82. That’s still a force.

DE Velazquez by two years, this cuts his cap hit by three yers He’s 32 and a 10th year vet, this likely finishes his career. I’m okay with that.

I extend:

SS Jermaine Whalen – It’s 7 mill a year essentially. That’s a 5 year extension too, so he’s set for a while. Now that’s a major cap hit too, since he’s bumping from rookie deal to vet.

OC Myron Leggin to two more years at 5.8 this year ,and then 7 the next two.

QB Frankie Peters by a year

I think he learned his lesson, and I extend Jermaine Woods by two more years at 2. 87and then 2.9 mill. He’s 29, doesn’t have a lot of gas in the tank likely, will probably drop, and could be my #2 guy for a while, but he’s cheap.

I sign RFA MLB Miceli, DE Bridgeman. The other two RFAs want too much money right now, I want to see where we are at later in FA.

I want to retain TE Brett Kovacs, but he’s pricey. Let me see what FA might have?

Whoa!

There are some solid folks out there. The first time in a while I’ve seen FAs of talent making it into the process.

I will keep my cash handy right now, and make no additional signings.

Let’s head to FA:

My positions of need:

I need starters at FB, OT, OG, DT, WLB, FS – I could also use great players or depth at CB, WR, RB, OG, and maybe TE

Old 04-26-2015, 10:50 AM   #271
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The best player in FA:

LT Larry Kelly, 68/68, 5 year vet. Now, he’s pricey. He’s a 5 year deal for 62 mill. That’s a serious cap hit. But if you want a starter ready LT, he’s your guy.

2nd best – DE Tevin McPherson., 66/66

K Patrick Pintsak, 4th year vet, 63/63
RB Shaquille Willingham, 60/60
SLB Trenton Adams, 58/58
RG Teddy Fellin, 55/55
TE Jermaine Hanks, 54/54

Now, many of these players are actually young – Pintsak – 4th year, and 5th year for Willingham, Adams, and Fellin, and 7th for hanks.

Okay, I like Willingham but he wants a 31 mill, 3 year deal. Can I commit? Want an SLB you can move to WLB and then sort of have three strong LBs? 4 years and 37 mill. Want to end the rotation at OG I’ve had after Kelley and Theophilakas? Fellen is 5th year, and 4 years and 27 mill. TE hanks wants the same cash my current guy wants, is a lot older, but’s a better body.

Want to dig deeper on the FA list? How about 50/50 9th year vet RB Devin Cobb? 3 years, 27 mill,

We have 49/49 SS Lance Finch amd more.

We’re going to need to free up some cash:

I extend OT Myron Starks by 3 more years., and this drops his cap hit this and next year to 7.8 and 9.3 by a few million each year, and his caps from there at 8.8, 9.7 and 10.8.

If I need to, I can extend DT Grossman by a year for 1.2 mill cap space. Or I can cap him offer for another 700k – but I don’t think that’s worth it.

At any time I can cut FS Troy and FS Dernbach for other others, and free up 2.1 and 2.07 in cash in doing so.

Pre-targets, let’s look at the draft class now, because if I think I can snag a great CB or OG or OT at our 1.24 spot, then I want to know ahead of time,

Holy crap cornerbacks. Three studs. And a 4th guy who’s no chump. I interview them all. And a stud FS, and those are rare. I interview a pair of RB. There is a stud P out there but after interviews he came back very overrated. I also interview some OGs. I think I can get a S/CB and then if not, a OG. I’ll stear clear of major investments there in FA.

Alright – Target time -

RDT Randal Kantowski
RB Shaquille Willingham

I am considering LT Larry Kelly, but…do I really need four big names in O Line? I mean there’s
only so many KRO I can give ya, you know? But here’s the thing – The OTs have Kelly at 68/68, Cameron at 51/51., and the…..Stevens at 42/42 is the next one. So basically you get Kelly, or the underwhelming and expensive Cameron, or nothing - there is no in-between.

Sigh. I pass up OT Kelly sweepstakes and I skip Cameron. I’ll keep my 41/41 OT I already have on my roster for now.

Alright, who else?

WR Darnell Menzies, with 75 PR and 65 KR.

LS Kent Ikuma, with 92 long snapping

FS Myles Clinton – Let’s bring him back for depth and price. FS Myles Clinton is our secondary version of OG Brandon Linder.

If I still needed an SLB I’d chase Adams all day long. But I don’t think I’d get enough value from him at WLB to make that financial commitment.

I can go to WLB and OT on staff if needed. I’ll hold off on FB too, and I’s love to commit to a better P or K later on.

Old 04-26-2015, 11:27 AM   #272
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Stage 2 – We sign DT Kantowski. OT Cameron signed with Detroit. SLB Adams is heading to Dallas.

Stage 3 – We are outbid on RB Willingham’s deal so I up ours, considerably.

Stage 4 – DT Missouri signs with Detroit. LT Larry Kelly is heading to New Orleans.

Stage 5 – We sign RB Willingham for 4 years and 47.29 mill. When is doubt, make your own RB. Whoa! Willingham comes in as 63/63 according to our scouts and coaches, not 60/60. Yeah baby!

He’s also idealized. In his first four seasons as a starter, he didn’t miss a game, and has 5274 yards, and 34 rushing TDs.

Stage 6 – All quiet.

Stage 7 – We sign WR Menzies, FS Clinton

Stage 8 – quiet

Stage 9 – OG Kelley signs with the Titans. RB Tiessen with the Saints. DE Ketteridge with the Ravens.

Stage 10 – FB Cory Finley with the Ravens. We sign LS Kent Ikuma

I extend DT Grossman as discussed previously. I shop CB Emmitt Burke, a 52/52 guy we drafted at 3.30 a while ago. He has 0 picks and 15 run D, so he’s an odd coverage-only sort of corner. We trade him to the Falcons for their 4th next year.

Massaging my cap, trading folks, and having fun. Alright, let’s head to the draft.

We have 45 players on our roster and 7 picks.

Old 04-26-2015, 01:23 PM   #273
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The 2025 NFL Amateur Draft

My goal is to come away with a stud CB or FS , especially since we had serious pass coverage issues last year.

Dallas grabs a RB to begin then CB goes 2 and 3. Then the next CB hits at 1.7. GRRR. SO I call up the Bengals, who are at 1.8 and have just one safety on their roster, a SS, and have a strong need at OG if they want to swpa 1st. What do they want?

We trade:

1st (24) and 2nd (24) and next year’s 2nd to the Bengals for:

1.8, and their 4th and 5th rounders next year

I am in.

And I grab a stud player at a strong position of need. We interviewed him as underrated. He has three red bars in speed – 4.43 dash, 7.00 agility, and 60 pspec drills, and blue strength – 20, 49% developed, fits in, now…99% volatility, so, uh oh I suppose, but I grab FS Quentin Bernardini.

Alright, I’ll see ya’lll in the 3rd. Then I draft FB, LB, and LT. And then finally an OG that has affinity and Cb at the end.

The 2025 Jacksonville Jaguars Draft

1st – S Quentin Bernardini, James Madison
3rd – FB Lamont Liszt, New Mexico
4th – OLB Casey Joyner, Rutgers
5th – OT Colton Parrish, Nebraska
6th – OG Gage Wallace, Washington State
7th – CB Graham DeWine, West Virginia

Old 04-26-2015, 02:11 PM   #274
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

“This was a team that was built around some real talent. But as we all know, talent in the NFL ages, retires, and weakens. And while the Jaguars have had some strong guys on their roster for years and years, we all know that their core group has aged, and will likely be gone, or drop in play quality to match.

Hey look, we have Lee who has been great for a long time, but this is his 12 year in the league. He;s 33. How many more years does he have in him? Blake Bortles could be their guy for a while, He’s also 33 and a solid 12th year vet, but he is showing signs of cracking formations, and has been injured the last two years. Players like 11th year vet OG Satre, and DE Velazquez and DE Grossman, both drafted 10 years ago are fading. Even 9th year vet CB Shane Hopkins appears to have lost a step.

And where do they turn? The general manager has tried to bring in young high quality pieces to sustain the team into the next transition. We have C Myron Leggin and SS Jermaine Whalen who’ve looked pretty good. We have DE Gregory Burton who looks like he can take over the reigns from Velazquez quite nicely. SLB Ezra Wilkerson. But this team needs more young talent. It has some that will age in a few years – WR Wild is in his 7th year, and OT Starks his 6th. But they need some younger guys.

And I think the Jaguars were afraid by their draft last year. So I think the General Manager came out firing. They had a weak year in the secondary despite solid guys with CB Colton, and CB Hanks, and yet, only SS Whalen really contributed. So you come into this draft, one that is loaded with top flight secondary players, and you want to come out with one. That’s fair, right? So many go off the board early, and you trade up to the 8th spot, and you take the one you really need, FS Bernardini. Now he’s good. We’ll see how strong after they get him to play. And frankly, I think the 3 corners and Bernardini were the top four talents in the draft. So they came away with a potential winner. And we’ve talked extensively about the lack of talent that the free safety position has in the NFL right now. If everything goes right, and it could, then this guy could easily be the best free safety in the league, and easily a top safety talent even among the strong ones.. None of the top four free safetys in the league are less than 30 yers old, and all are natural strong safeties.

So we get it. Berdardini shores up some weaknesses, and you trade up to grab a guy that can be a real player moving forward, a key building block of the future. We get it.

But…

You can’t keep trading away 2nd rounders without feeling it soon. The Jags know this – they can’t leverage the 2nd-4th round picks without problems emerging.

Starters on the Jaguars that came in the 2nd or later rounds include – WR Marqise Lee, C Myron Leggin, TE Kovacs, SLB Wilkerson, CB Hanks and CB Hopkins.

So they can’t keep mortgaging the future. But the Gm knows he needs to get real pieces to build his future roster from. In addition to the young RB Willingham they just signed, this is not a bad pickup. If you want to sustain the Jaggernaut, then we get it. But this has to be rare.

I give the Jaguars an A. They needed a FS and a strong secondary help, they got it, they grabbed good guys for need later. I an circling SLB Joyner is a fine pickup, the player most likely to surprise folks with how good he is down the road. He's a real sleeper. No major issues at all, and again, there’s good potential here from their draft.”

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 04-26-2015 at 02:14 PM.
Old 04-26-2015, 02:44 PM   #275
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I need to free up some cap space. I cut FS Irving Troy. After the draft, of all the teams in the league, we have the lowest amount of cap space:

The most?

Miami – 41.68 mill
Cleveland – 36.7 mill
Kansas City – 31.01 mill
Seattle – 29.81 mill
New Orleans – 29.09 mill

The least?

Jacksonville – 800k
Cincinnati – 7.13 mill
Washington – 8.32 mill
Baltimore – 8.95 mill
Houston – 9.98 mill

That ‘s a lot of cap space.

We have 50 on our roster right now. What do we still need?

Backups:

OG
LB
CB

I move ot late FA

I need to make a minor move to clear up some cap space to sign folks.

Right now WR Marqise Lee is 9.49 mill hit and 9.9 next year. I can do a cap out offer to him to drop his to 6.66 this year and 12.66 next. Then sign three more folks. Instead, I cut FS Carter Dernbach.

Then I go after:

RG Mark Meadows, our guy, for a two year min-sal vet deal.
WLB Aidan Hutchins – UFA, has good synergy with leader
CB Ike Bradley – UFA with good special teams
SS Lionel Van Pelt – Best UFA Safety by potential and good punt returner to boot

We can sign all four for the 2.81 mill cap space that I have available, and then I can move to camp, and post-camp, we can chase some folks as anticipated vets lose a step and we can cut their salary accordingly (cough, Shane Hopkins, cough – I can already trim one mill from each year, since his ability dropped from 59/59 to 47/47).

Stage 2 – We sign WLB Hutchins. Our WLB Logan Sims signs with Cleveland

Stage 3 – We sign CB Bradley and SS Van Pelt. Green Bay made an offer for my OG. I increase the offer we made.

Our 59/59 K we signed last year is tied for 7th in the NFL with Tyler Bernard and Jerome Negrete. We ended up with a good one, but we got him cheap. He wants a lot more money to extend. I just can’t keep justifying dropping 4-4.5 mill a way on a kicker that might only get off 24 or 26 field goal attempts. So I am going to make an offer to the K that was just not brought back to Detroit – K Robert Blincoe. He’s 48/50, a undrafted K last year, and wants 740k, 840k and then 840k for the three year deal. I cut Hargrove to pay for him.

Stage 4 – We offered 30k less in signing bonus ,but RG Mark Meadows chose to return to us anyway! And we singed K Blincoe.

I extend our P Brad Nortman for a year. We don’t have the money to brign back TE Kovacs who wants a 4 year 35 mill deal when he’s 48/48. I like Kovacs. He got us 1470 yards and 14 TDs in three years, and has a 32.4% block percentage, and and I like what he’s done. But he’s just too pricey to extend. Hmm…

Could I trade him for something? Nah,no one is interested.

Any other UFAs that were passed over that demand a spot on my cap roster?

C Otis Ursino
WR Travis DeWacht looks to have some big bars

Stage 5 – We bring them both in.

Old 04-26-2015, 03:00 PM   #276
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

CAMP TIME

We sold 63700 season tickes (out of 67200)

Damn FS Quentin Bernardini looks hot. I’ll check him out post pre-season, bcuase that’s when a lot of adjustments are made.

At 68/68 Myron Leggin is the 5th best C in the league, a solid place to end up.

I cut C Ursino. Extend TE Delaroche by a year and cut CB Earl Montalvo

We finish preseason with a 3-1 record and two players. WR Wild and C Leggin are out for a few weeks each.

And here is FS Quentin Bernardini!

DANGNABIT! Was it worth losing two second round picks, one of which was the 2.24, for that? If he plays like, then yes. He looks like a stud to me. But I’m biased, what do I know? The Green page has him 8th overall. Plus, he’s already 60/84. He is an immediate contributor, not someone who’ll grow into the role.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 04-26-2015 at 03:01 PM.
Old 04-26-2015, 03:26 PM   #277
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Anyway,our strengths?

19th best QB
7th best RB
The worst FB
11th best TE
THE best WR
2nd best OC
7th best OG
21st best OT
20th best P
20th best K
2nd best DE
23rd best DT
25th best MLB
7th best OLB
14th best CB
THE best S

The 2025 Jacksonville Jaguars

QB Blake Bortles – 43/43 rated, 12th year vet
RB Shaquille Willingham – Increased to 65/65 by my scouts, and new signee – let’s go!
FB Lamont Liszt – Just a rookie body, 23/32
TE Brett Kovacs – I wish the 4th year, 45/45 vet would sign for less. I’d sign him for 4-5 mill.
FL Joshua Wild – 82/82, 2nd best WR in league. We stole hm at 1.28. The best? 1.1 overall.
SE Marqise Lee – 54/54 and still trucking
LT Brant Matthews – What makes sense after getting a bad draft with him? Starting him!
LG Marquis Satre – He doesn’t suck
C Myron Leggin – Nor does he
RG Mark Meadows – The best of a bad situation. I just don’t have the money for better than this 37/37 guy.
RT Myron Starks – In Myron we trust.
P Brad Nortman – 14th year, 53/53
K Robert Blincoe – Cheap! 2nd year! 45/45
LS Kent Ikuma – Our first LS since Grayson Johnstone
LDE Gregory Burton – 69/69, and very hot. Need to spend a ton of cash next year to keep him.
LDT Randal Kantowski – Just a merc, 45/45 cheap.
RDT Quentin Grossman – Hopefully he hasn’t fully faded yet
RDE Cesar Velazquez – Oh baby!
SLB Ezra Wilkerson – 62/62 and we need ot re-up him too.
MLB Lance Morris – Ebbed to 42/42 but still our best guy.
WLB Avery Haldar – 44/44 guy. Just a body
LCB Colton Hanks – 49/49 and okay
RCB Shane Hopkins – 35/35? That’s not good!
SS Jermaine Whalen – 61/61 and fresh off a new deal in the offseason
FS Quentin Bernardini – The great teal hope.

WR Menzies is our primary KR/PR guy.

I bench Wild and Leggin for a few weeks due to injury since they are out for a bit.

Old 04-26-2015, 04:29 PM   #278
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

As part of the 30th anniversary of the Jaguars currently ongoing, current GM of the team Marquis D’Avoigne was asked to create a Best of Roster for the team for the last 30 years. Here are his results:

QB Blake Bortles – No question he’s the go-to QB for you.
RB Fred Taylor – You can make an argument for Maurice Jones-Drew or someone the Jags had temporarily like DeMarco Murray, but this is Fred’s spot
FB Fred Wheatley – An All Pro nod makes this an obvious choice
TE Marcedes Lewis – Arguably the weakest place to grab someone since TE Kyle Brady, Damon Jones, Brett Kovacs, Travic Kelce and many others either never really dominated, or never really had a lot of years.
WR Joshua Wild, Jimmy Smith – Hey look, you have a 5 set of Keenan McCardell, Marqise Lee, Jimmy Smith, and Joshua Wild and Allen Robinson in the back at the 5 spot. There are no wrong answers here.
OT Tony Boselli, Myron Starks – Both have gotten All Pro nods, both are solid choices.
OG Marquis Satre, Chris Naeole - Other than Satre the Jags have never had a solid OG for any extended period of time. So let’s go with the professional.
C Brad Meester – This could easily be Leggin or Pearson, and in two or three yers, Leggin should have earned the spot.
P Chris Hanson – Pro Bowl punter for team who became famous for the axe incident
K Tyler Bernard – Man was automatic for a long time, and with the team for one year shy of a a decade.
DE Cesar Velazquez, Tony Brackens – You have the Defensive Player of the Year and an All Pro DE. In two years, current DE Burton likely earns the other spot. Undrafted free agent DE Kenneth Butler is in the conversation too.
DT Marcus Stroud, Quentin Grossman – There are three obvious choices - Henderson, Stroud, and Grossman. You could go with any.
OLB Daryl Smith, Justin Houston – Obviously two very strong guys. Special mention to Ezra Wilkerson, Kevin Hardy
MLB Paul Pozluszny – It was either him or Mike Peterson. Both were vet FA that came over and played really well. MLB Morris is likely in the conversation at #3.
CB Shane Hopkins, Fernando Bryant – The GM went with Bryant, a long-time starter, but there were a lot of flash in the pan CBs for the Jaguars over the years that had one or two good seasons – Bryan Meadows, Kareem Jackson, Aaron Beasley, Colton Hanks, Rashean Mathis.
SS Donovin Darius, SS Jermaine Whalen – Rather than name a FS, which the kjaguars have historically had issues with in injuries, underplaying, or short stinits – Carnell Lake, Reggie Nelson, Tavon Wilson, etc. Hopefully their rookie changes that!

Old 04-26-2015, 04:59 PM   #279
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 1 – It’s rough when you begin a season on the road against the Super Bowl champions from last year. But we do, and here come the Titans And there they go, winning 30-26. Borltes was injured on the first drive and Schaefer finished. He had 26 of 40 for 241 and 1:0. WR Cedric Bansk caught a score. Meanwhile RB Willingham was 18 for 72 and a score and RB Woods added another. 3 KRB by Starks, OG Meadows.

Post-game, Bortles is probable; OG Berggren is questionable,

Week 2 – We lose in St. Louis 28-21. Borltes was 33 of 53 for 359 and 2:3. He his WR Banks for 177 yards on 10 catches, and WR Ford and TE Kovacs for scores and RB Willingham had 91 cards and a score. Pick by CB Hanks, 2 sacks by Velazquez, 1 by Burton and SS Whalen. 3 KRB by OT Brant Meadows.

Backup CB Allen Hutchings is out for a month with a strained calf muscle. We need some oomph so I send back WR Wild a week early.

Week 3 – We host the 0-2 Steelers and…we thump them hard and remind the league of who we are – 48-3. Bortles, Game MVP and Offensive Player of the Week has 24 of 31 for 407 yards and a 4:1 Ratio. Lee? 134 yards, 2 scores. Wild? 117 yards, 1 score. Banks? 96 and 1. RB Woods rushes for 2 scores. Pick by CB Hanks. 3 sacks by backup DE Ken Bridgman. 1 by Velazquez (wh had 4 QBKnockwodns and 2 hurries as well) and SLB Wilkerson and DT Randal Kantowski. 3 KRB by OG Meadows.

Week 4 – We host and lose to Oakland 30-28. Willingham had 2 scores in the ground, Bortles was 30 of 44 for 387 and 2:0, Wild had 1 score and 93 yards, and lee the other. Forced fumbles by CB Hopkins and MLB Morris both recovred by CB Hanks. 1 sack by Velazquez and DT Kantowski. 3 KRB by Starks.

Wow, a 1-3 start. Not what I was looking for!

Week 5 – BYE

All injured players heal over the bye week and are fine again. I move CB Hutchins above Hopkins on the depth chart and give Hopkins special teams role.

Old 04-26-2015, 05:39 PM   #280
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 6 – Whew! We travel to 4-1 Indy, and manage to win 27-19. Bortles, MVP< 18 of 27, 185 and 2:0. Lee and Wild with scores. Pick by FS Bernardini, his first. 1.5 sacks by DE Burton . 3 KRB by Satre

Week 7 – The Titans come to town. They edge us 37-34. There’s a new power in the division. Bortles – 31 of 45, 338, 3:2, and RB WIlliamsham rushes for a score, and catches two more. Meandwhile WR Ford the other score. 1 sack by Burton and Velazquez. 3 KRB by Starks and Satre.

Week 8 – Want to know what’s good for the 2–win team’s soul? Playing against a one-win team! We head to KC and come back winners 31-3. Picks by CB Hutchigns and FS Bernardini, and 2 forced umbles by CB Hopkins and 1 by Grossman. 3 KRB by Starks and Leggin. Bortles the MVP has 28 of 39 for 2:0 and 2598 and hits Wild for 132 and a score and DE Darnell Menzies for the other, and RB Willingham rushes for 2 more.

WR Nicholas Ford is questionable for a moth with a sprained knee.

Week 9 – We host 1-6 Denver. We crush them 56-14. RB Willingham is NFL Offensive Player of the Week – 167 yards, 4 TDs, 5 catches for 102 receiving yards. Borltes as 16 of 27 for 227 and 1:2 and hit Menzies for a score. Picks by CB Hopkins, returns for a 82 yard score, CB Hutchings, and 2 by FS Bernardini, one returned for a score. 1.5 sacks by Burton and 1 by Velazqus and DE Nate Brown. 6 KRB for Starks, 4 and 3 pancakes for Satre,

Post-game, P Nortman is doubtful with a hyperextended elbow, but we’ll start him

We finish the first half of the season 4-4.

We lost twice to the 7-1 Titans.

We need to pick this up. We are 4th in the division after 7-1 Tennessee, 6-2 Indy, and 4-4 Houston.

Old 04-26-2015, 06:06 PM   #281
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 10 – We travel to 4-4 San Diego and….we win 27-17 by a bit. It’s not a 30 point victory, but at this point, if it’s a win, I’ll take it. RB Willingham is Game MVP with 19 rushes for 105 and 7 catches for 98 yards. Borles is 20 of 31 for 3338 and 3:2 and Lee is 101 yard snad 3 scores. Pick by WLB Haldar. 1 sack by FS Bernardini and DT Kantowski. 4 KRB by Satre and C Leggin.

No major injuries – yay.

Weeek 11 - In an attempt to put some idstance between us and Houston, we host the 5-4 Texans,a nd beat them 45-21. DE Gregory Burton is NFL Defensive Player of the Week with 2.5 sacks, 2 hurries, and 5 QB Knockdowns. DT Kantowski batted down two passes, Velazquez got 3 hurries and 4 QB Knockdowns, we were just in their face all day long. C leggin had 4 KRB and a pancake. Willingham just 80 yards on 15 carries but had 15 catchign and a score. Bortles was 17 of 20 for 239 and 5:2. Wild had 2 scores, and WR Banks and Ford each one. Meanwhile Bortles was injured late, and then Schaefr went in for a driv,e nad then Schaefer was injured and is out for 3 weeks with a hyperextended elbow. I cut WLB Aidan Hutchins and then sign QB Dave Blank. In the battle of divison leaders, the Colts dropped the Titans.

Week 12 – We head to Arizona and beat the former top seed in the playoffs last year 28-21. RB Willingham has 24 carries for 192 yards and adds 51 catching. QB Bortles is 20 of 30 for 219 and 3:0. Wild, Kovacs, and RB Woods catch scores. Pick by CB Hopkins, 1 sack by FS Bernardini, 4 KRB by Matthews, Leggin, and 3 by Satre.

CB Hutchings is our for 5 weeks and Shane Hopkins is back starting for us.

Week 13 – We head to 4-win Miami and thump them 38-15 to finish 4-0 in the 3rd quarter. Bortle,s MVP, with 24 of 27, 201 and 2:0 and Banks and Woods caught scores. Woods rushes for one too. Willingham is 17 for 124 and 1 score too. CB Shane Hopkins gets a pick and returns it 92 yards for a score and FS Bernardini a pick too. Sack by DT Kantowski. 6 KRB by C Leggin, 5 by Satre 4 by Starks.

We are 8-4 and in front of Indy that is also 8-4. Now we head to our nemesis…

Old 04-26-2015, 06:53 PM   #282
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 14 – We fly cross country to face Seattle. We emerge victorious 48-36. Bortles, MVP, with 27 of 34 for 358 and 3:0 and hit Wild for 110 and a score, and Banks and Ford for scores too. RB Willingham rushes for 115yards and 2 scores and RB Woods another. Pick by Bernardini. Man that guy! Saks by MLB Toby Miceli, WLB Haldar, and DT Kantowski.

In the game MLB Morris suffered a strained achilels tendon and is out for a few games, and Miceli will start in his place.

I cut QB Dave Blank and sign WLB Aidan Hutchins.

Week 15 – We head to Houston with a one game win over them….and….lose 14-45. I’ll skip the play by play if you don’t mind.

Week 16 - We host the 9-5 49ers. And…we beat them! 34-14. Not even close, NFC GO HOME . Borltes is NFL Offensive Playre of the Week and Game MVP with 22 of 30 and 338 yards and 2:0. Wild had….10 grabs, 245 yards, and 2 scores. Willingham rushes for 96 yards and 2 more scores. Sacks by Miceli, Velazquez, CB Hanks, DT Grossman and DE Burton.

That sets up a minor week 17 game against the Colts.

AFC Central:

Titans – 12-3
Jaguars = 10-5
Texans – 9-6
Colts – 8-7

We need to win to survive, there are multiple 9 win teams in the wild card hunt.

We don’t just win. We win big. 41-24.

Willingham is the Game MVP with 22 for 145 and 3 scores on the ground, and 7 grabs for 88 more yards in the air. Lee is 7 for 97 and a score, and RB Woods rushes for another, and Bortles is 29 of 37 for 326 and 1:0, and Pick by SS whalen and sacks by SLB Wilkerson and DE Velazquez and backup DE Bridgman. Satre, Matthews, Leggin all had 5 KRB and OT Starks 4. Leggins had 3 KRB as well.

CB Hutchings is back from his injury. As is MLB Morris. I toss them back onto the roster.

Old 04-26-2015, 07:15 PM   #283
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The 2025 NFL Playoffs:

AFC:

#1 12-4 Tennessee Titans
#2 11-5 Buffalo Bills
#3 10-6 Cincinnati Bengals
#4 8-8 Sandiego Chargers
#5 11-5 Jacksonville Jaguars
#6 10-6 Baltimore Rvens

The Texans lost on tie breakers after finishing 10-6.

Once again, the AFC South was the only division in football without a team with a losing record.

We travel to San Diego. And we…eviscerate them 42-13.

Bortles is Game MVP with 35 of 40, 394, and 4:0. He hits Banks for 106 and a score, Lee for 55 and a score, and TE Kovacs for a score on 62 yards. Bortles rushes for one too, and WR banks scores on a reverse. Menawhile FS Bernardini has a forced fumble and a pick on the day. Sack by DE Burton, 3 KRB by OG Meadows and C Leggin.

In other news, winniners included Cincinnati, San Francisco and Washington.

Bad news – WR Wild and CB Hopkins are out for 3 weeks each. I bench them, in case they make it back for Super Bowl.

Banks I starting for Wild.

Old 04-26-2015, 07:30 PM   #284
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 2 – Divsional Playoffs

We head to Tennesssee
Cincinnati heads to Buffalo
San Francisco heads to New Orleans
Washington heads to Philadelphia

I tweak our gameplan to emphasize the run more with Wild out.

The Titans….three-peat us. We lose 21-18. Titans are really the game-changer

The Bills win 45-19 and the Saints and Redskins also emerge with victories.

Anyone on my roster I want to expend while I can? I want to save some money for DE Burton and SLB Wilkerson, but if I need too, I’ll extend someone…nah, we’re good.

Championship

Buffalo heads to Tennessee and loses 26-15
Washington heads to New Orleans and loses 23-13.

The 2025 Super Bowl

The Saints edge the Titans 33-31 to prevent them from getting a double-peat.

Old 04-26-2015, 07:36 PM   #285
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

It’s time for a changing of the guard:

Season Awards:

Player of the Year:

RB Shaquille Willingham

Offensive Player of the Year:

RB Shaquille Willingham

Defensive Rookie of the Year:

FS Quentin Bernardini

All Pro 1st Team:

RB Shaquille Willingham
OT Myron Starks

League’s Fastest Man:

WR Joshua Wild

Old 04-26-2015, 07:59 PM   #286
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Stats:

Passing

QB Blake Bortles, 364 for 519 and 4428 yards, 70.1%, 37:16 rato, 107.0 rating, 41 sacks, 3 fumbles

Clearly Borltes has fallen a bit. You can see. But this is not a bad season. Among qualifiers, he had the best completion %, 3rd most yards passing, and the most passing TDs by one, and 2nd best Rating. Actually, you could make an argument that he should have been 2nd in All Pro voting. But it’s okay.

Rushing:

RB Shaquille Willingham, 2489 for 1559 rushing yards, 6.26 ypc, 19 rushing scores; 84 catches, 763 yards, 4 receving scores.

And that’s why he was MVP. You can see the dual threat he presented. He led all running backs by yards cacthesby a lot.

Receiving:

WR Joshua Wild – 14 games, 81 for 1241, and 11 scores
WR Marqise Lee, - 15 games, 66 for 1001 and 8 scores
WR Cedric Banks – 45 for 539 and 5
TE Brett Kovacs – 34 for 291 and 2
WR Nicholas Ford – 23 for 330 and 4

Okay, you can see a few things. First of all, Lee barely kept his streak alive of having just one season without 1000 recing yards – the 14 game season in 2020 when he had 930. This is his second d lowest reciving total in his career. Meanwhile Wild was injured, but still didn’t play the best. The emergence of RB Willingham as a target of interest cut into Kovacs and Lee/Wild’s production.

Special Teams:

WR Darnell Menzies – 1 KR RET TD, 32.6 KR Avg in 38 returns – Leads the league among qualifiers to 31.2; 46 punt returns, 9.7 avg.

K Robert Blincoe, 19 of 25 with 48 long and 69 of 70 PAT

P Brad Nortman, 72 punts, 43.8 average, 29 in 20.

Defense:

DE Gregory Burton, 42 solo tackles, 14 assists; 10.5 sacks, 6 blocked passes, 17 hurries, 13 QBKnockdowns.
DE Cesar Velazquez, 44 and 15 tackles, 9 sacks, 3 blocks, 18 hurries, 17 QBKD, 3 FF, 1 FumRec
DT Randal Kantowski, 31 and 17 tack, 6.5 sacks, 2 block, 7 hurr, 1 qbkd
DT Quentin Grossman, 19 and 6 tackles, 2 sacks, 4 hurries and 2 QBKD
DE Ken Bridgman, 5 sacks, 3 hurries, 3 QBKD

We didn’t get as many opportunities to tee off on the QB since we played the run more, we weren;t playing from ahead as much, and it shows here.

SLB Ezra Wilkerson, 58 and 15 tackles, 3 sacks, 1 hurries 2 QB KD, 6 pasdef
WLB Avery Halder, 32 and 14 tack, 1.5 sakcs, 1 block, 3 hurres, 2 QBkd, 1 pick, 2 pasdef
MLB Lance Morris, 13 ganes, 66 and 24 takcles, 0.5 sacks, 4 hurries, 5 pasdef, 2 FF

Nothing major here.

SS Jermaine Whalen – 100 solo takces, 28 assists, 1 sack, 3 picks, 6 pasdef
FS Quentin Bernardini, 67 and 17 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 hurry, 6 picks, 13 pasdef, 1 INT RET TD, 1 FF, 2 FumRec, 1 FumRec TD,
CB Shane Hopkins, 3 picks, 2 INT RET TD, 8 pasdef, 4 FF (included special teams play), 2 fumrec
CB Colton Hanks, 2 picks, 7 pasdef, 2 FF, 1 FumRec
CB Allen Hutchings 9 games, 2 picks, 4 pasdef

Well, Whalen and Bernardini account for 9 of our 18 picks – 50%. I’d like more from by CB and LB.

Blocking –

OG Marquis Satre, 45 KRB, 11 pancakes, 3 sacks allowed – 5th most KRB in league, 4th among OG ,
OT Myron Starks, 39 KRB, 11 pancackes, 3 sacks allowed – 10th most KRB in league, 3rd among OT the most pancakes among OT
C Myron Leggin, 12 games, 36 KRB, 5 panccakes, 2 sacks allowed
OG Mark Meadows, 23 KRB and 12 sacks allowed
OT Brant Matthes, 23 KRB and 1 pancakes, 14 sacks allowed

That is probably the single best O Line play I’ve had when it comes to run blocking. Check out these Block % - 48.4, 47.0, 59.0, 59.0, 46.9. You aren’t doing better than that.

Old 04-26-2015, 08:32 PM   #287
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Season Awards:

Offensive Player of the Year: RB Shaquille Willingham – There is no way anyone else deserves this award. Dang! Best season for a RB for the Jaguars we’ve seen since Fred Taylor’s debut, and maybe even better than that. Good job all!

Defensive Player of the Year: SS Jermaine Whalen - It really wasn’t a super-great year for us defensively, save for S play. Burton still hasn’t had one of those stud-level sack saeason we know he can do and so forth. Wilkerson was a little done and so forth. I’m rewarding our strong Safety play with a SS with 100 solo tackles, and more. He was 3rd among safeties in the league for solo tackles. Great stuff man!

Special Teams Player of the Year: WR Darnell Menzies – Had the best returning year for any kick returner in the league and a score to boot. Can’t beat that! Glad we signed him from FA.

Rookie of the Year: FS Quentin Bernardini – Practically no one is surprised to see me hand this award out. Defensive ROTY foro the league? That’s a sexy award - it’s our first league-wide award for a rookie. Without Quentin, the defensive would have been a lot worse at coverage stuff.

Heart Award: RG Mark Meadows – The former 6th rounder, 37/37 guy stepped in when we lost Kelley and was not the one we wanted to lean on. I had to resign him! But you can’t doubt the quality he gave the head, with 23 KRB out of 39 KRO and a scintilating 59% block rate and the only bad thing was the sacks allowed, but we understand. The best defensive players aren’t attacking Satre, Leggin or Starks. They are lined up elsewhere. Good job Mark!

And there we go.

Old 04-26-2015, 10:22 PM   #288
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

End of the Season:

Performance – 66
Value – 93
Profit – 83
Roster – 26

Final Score - 75

Huh. Who would you have pegged to retire? Hopkins? Satre? Grossman? Velazquez? Bortles? MLB Morris? P Nortman? How about just WR Marqise Lee?

The HC we won a Super Bowl with retried.

Other Retirements of Note:

QB Jake Locker
QB Cam New Newton
WR Marqise Lee – Sorry!
WR Alshon Jeffrey
WR DeAndre Hopkins
WR Sammy Watkins
WR Robert Woods
OG Zack Martin
OT Eric Fisher
OT Luke Joeckel – Another Jaguar bites the dust
DE Ezekiel Ansah – 4 time All League DE
DE Kareem Martin
DE Ron Ketteridge – One who spent some time with us
DT Sylvester Williams, 3 time All League
DT Sheldon Richardson, 7 All Pros
MLB Manti Te’o
MLB Couryney Kiwanuka
MLB Jonathan Bostic
OLB Khalil Mack – 4 time All Pro, Defensive Player of the Year 2020
OLB Dee Ford
OLB Jadeveon Clowney
SS Jonathan Cyprien – Another of our Jaguars heads home.
SS Kenny Vaccaro
SS Matt Elam
SS Eric Reid
SS ha Ha Clinton-Dix
FS Deone Bucannon

Marqise Lee finishes with: 1081 catches, 16116 yards, and 153 TD. (In real life that would be 2nd in yards behind just Jerry Rice.More than Terrell Owens, Randy Moss, Isaac Bruce, Marvin Harrison, etc and it would tie for 3rd with Terrell Owns for TDs.). In the playoffs he had 130 for 1638 and 14 scores.

Bascially, his playoffs were another full season of stats.

I expect Ansah, Rishardson, and mayble Mack, to be in the running for Hall of Fame. I’d love to see Lee there as well, there is no player from the Jacksonville Jaguars, ever, to make it. With two rings and a ton of stats, it seems like Lee would be a solid HOF sort of player.

HOF inductees? Patrick Willis, Jairus Byrd, Geno Atkins

Old 04-26-2015, 10:40 PM   #289
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We made 92 mill last yearWe have the 1,469,820 and highest valued franchise in America.

4th best Stadium; 4th best Roster; 4th best Support; 7th worts economy

99.8% attendance

Staff Draft:

We pick 9th I make no changes

I massage my ticket prices.

RFA:

MLB Miceli
DE Ken Bridgman
SE Travis DeWacht
WLB Aidan Hutchins
CB Ike Bradley
SS Lionel Van Pelt

UFA:

FL Nicholas Ford
FL Darnell Menzies
TE Brett Kovacs
TE Stanley Ballard

That’s it.

Old 04-26-2015, 11:12 PM   #290
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Alright FA!

Alright, we have 42 players on our roster, 23 mill under the cap and 14.4 for a new player.

Final Year of their Current Deal:

P Brad Nortman
LS Kent Ikuma
DT Randal Kantowski
RB Brayden George
WLB Avery Haldar
QB Frankie Peters
RG Mark Meadows
OG Marquise Satre
TE JR Telarochhe
QB Blake Bortles

And my draft class 4 years ago – DE Gregory Burton, DE Nate Brown, SLB Ezra Wilkerson, DT Dana Korber, FL Cedric Banks. Know what? That was a pretty solid draft. After Burton and Wilkerson – we got 44/44 Banks in the 7th round, 41/44 DE Brown in the 6th, DT Frederick in the 5th and DT Korber in the 4th – all solid players. That wasn’t a sucky draft!

That’s a lot of players. I’m going to need some money.

I extend QB Schaefer for a year and make 1.3 mill in cash.

I can extend MLB Morris for another year and drop his cap hit by 1.6 mill this year, but I don’t know that I want to push out his salary. I can do a Cap Out for a little more money. I hold off.

I would have loved to have taken Shane Hopkins to a nickelback role, but he’s 10 mill. I cannot, in good conscience keep him around for two more years. He’s 35/35. He’swilling to drop to 6.3 mill, but that’s way too much cash. I cut Shane Hopkins. Sorry, I would have loved to have kept you as a womb to tomb player, but that’s not to be.

Alright, now I have some serious negotiating room.

Any major FA I need to keep abrest of? Three’s a 75/75 QB out there. Could I cut Blake and grab a different guy?

I extend LG Satre by a year but it costs an extra 2 mill this year.

I extend CB Hanks by three moe years and this drops the cap by two mill.

I love CB Allen Hutchings, he was a 5th rounder from 3 years ago and he’s now 50/54, so I can go with him and Hanks at CB easily enough. He was the only real player from that draft, that was a horrible draft.

I extend LS Ikuma by a year. In order to do the same with P Nortman it increases his salary from 1.8 to 3. Nope. I’m not paying that for a punter.

In order to extend him by two years, it hits my cap for 5 extra million dollars – bad Bortles, bad!

I extend SLB Ezra Wilkerson by a lot. He’s ours for a while. Good stuff. Now Burton. He wants a 5 year 74.9 mill deal. That’s ton of cash. But Burton is a 70/70 DE. We drafted hm for the long game. I commit that money.

That drops our cap to 18.9 under and 10.35 free.

Let’s advance to Stage 2 and see what we have.

Now, I’d love a cheaper P at some point in time later

Other needs:

WR x3
RB if I cut RB George (That cut would free 2.27 mill. George is my receivers leader though)
A real FB
Tex2
Starting OG only
Starting OT only
DE
S
3xCB
2xLB

I want to check and see how much the 6th year 75/75 QB wants – 5 year deal……..166 mill. That’s a lot of cash.

He led the league in passing yards last year with 5050. He’s one of the best we have. Among QB, Dalton Karenina is the 4th best QB in the league, and just a hair of Ray Maguire at 74/74. Bortles is 43/43. It’s like letting go of an aging Favre for Aaron Rodgers in his prime. Now it’ll cost us.

Now I might be able to be clever. For example, I could pay him a ton of signing bonus to cut his salary in the first year to make it more manageable – like an early cap out. I did that a bit with SLB Wilkerson.

Skip Dalton at first.

Old 04-26-2015, 11:33 PM   #291
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Who else do I like for the price and the talent?

I could make an offer to LG….Deoin Theophilakos, for 2.5, 2.8, and 3.0 mill. He’s 49/49 and in his 9th year, so that may ebb soon. That would be hilarious.

Again, before I get too crazy with offers, let me check the NFL Draft to see what I can see

We draft at 1.27. Back hear the back. We do not have a 2nd rounder. But we do have extra pickes at 4.3, 4.26 and 5.26. That’s a lot of middle ground space to fillout my roster. So I’m not looking for the high value filler in this FA like I normally might. I can draft CB or LB or TE that sort of thing. We have two stud Safeties one at each spot, and a stud CB.

I want to check out WR first though. I interview the top one, and he looks sexy. But he’ll get drafted well before 1.27. And he’s no Wild, although he;s a natural SE so he’d be a solid Lee. I interview the next four WR as well, so I know them decently enough. None are solid investments of a first. I also interview the 8th WR on the board he skipped the combine, but looks to have good bars. He’s as scouted.

We have two great TE, they’ll go early. I stay away. At CB the top two folks are studly and I keep away, no sense wasting my interviews. I interview 4, 5 and 6. The 4th best CB has a dash of 4.29! He’s the fastest player in the draft.

I also really like the 2nd best OLB in the draft, and WLB WLB Wayne Godfrey with an underrated interview.

Alright, back to FA

I make an offer to bring back WR Menzies. He was a great returner for us last year.

And to FB Charlie Woo.

RB Brayden George is my back field leader, but he’s a 34/34 vet who dropped from earlier solid places. I’m willing to cut him.

Hmmm…

I really want to sign that Qb. In the past 12 years, only one time has a QB that good been available in FA< and that was Russell Wilson. Without Lee, I want a QB that’s one of the best, not one who has a team that meakes him one of the best. Borltles is sort of like Eli Manning. He has a pair of rings, he’s a solid guy. Give him Calvin Johnson (aka Joshua Wild) and larry Fitzgerald (Marqise Lee) and a great O Line and DeMarco Murray at RB and you are going to pop. You are going to get NFL Offensive Player of the Year type stuff. We get that. Without Lee, we have dropped one puzzle piece of the problem.

And FA doesn’t have a 55/55 or higher WR. It’s best is 57/57 Stedman Bailey, a 14th year vet who’ll retire tomorrow. Then we see 47/47 Percy Rivers, a 5th year vet with a group of folks that don’t think he’ll fit in. So, there’s no FA Answer. Maybe there’s a draft-one.

What about OT? The best n the draft is 6th year vet Bo Wagner who ewants just 2.5, 3.1, and 3.66 mill for 3 years. Right on? Save for the fact that he’s 44/44. And that;s the best one? At 49/49 Theophilakos actually is the best OG in the FA pool, and then we get….45/45 STEVEN KELLEY. So I can basically choose which of my former hometown guys I want to resign. Kelley or Theo?

Again, no one sasses me.

TE? My guy, Brett Kovacs, is the top TE and wants a 3 year deal for 30 mill. He’s 45/45. At 43/43 is Eric Ebron, a 13 yer vet with a 2.6 mill one year deal. These TE have delusions of grandeur.

Cb? The best is….51/51 Emmitt Burke, whom we traded to Atlanta since we didn’t like him that much. He is looking for a 5 yer 46 mill deal. Meanwhile 42/42 CB is the next best one…

So there is no one out there.

With that, QB Dalton Karenina looks like a better investment.

But realisticly, who cuts their 34 year old QB who has been to four Super Bowls, won two, and been a five-time League MVP? That’s a horrible plot line. I have to bring Blake to 19 millto bring him back and Dalton is 24 mill that first year. Normally I can’t trim Blake – but he is in the final year of his deal, so I have some serious flexibility with him….

I feel like I’ll regret this decision either way. Suppose Bortles retires in two years or three, and I have difficulty finding my next Qb. That could easily happen. Or I could sign this guy, wade into heavy cap trouble, and then lose great players. I think I’ll work as players retire like Satre, Velazquez and Grossman, my cap should get better. But there’s no guarantee of when.

So I have some cash, why am I chasing just the two minor FA?

I’ll hold off for a week or threeto give me cap agility.

Stage 2 – QB Dalton Kerenina signs with the Bengals for a lot more than he initially wanted – 5 years, 202 million dollars. His cap hit is 30 mill this year. Damn. CB Emmitt Burke signed with the Raiders. We sign FB Charlie Woo to a 5.32 mill, 3 year deal and then Icut the FB we already had. DT Brant Missouri signed with Arizona.

Now what? I make an offer to P Herman Chapman, 4 years younger as our current P, about the same prince, three year deal, and about the same quality. I spend the 5 mill to extend Blake by two more years.

Stage 3 – Quiet

Stage 4- Quiet

Stage 5 – We bring in WR Menzies. WR Roman Fahey signed with Cleveland.

I check to see if folk’s contract shave begun to drop.

CB Bryan Meadows is back out, bounced down to 38/38. Minnesota cut him. I make an offer to OG Steven Kelley.

Stage 6 – WR Nicholas Ford signs with Indy OG Deoin Theo will head to Oakland. OG Steven Kelley to Indy.

Stage 7 – We sign P Chapman to a 3 year dela and I cut Nortman. CB Shane Hopkins has a deal to Dallas pending for 3 years and 9 mill. Huh, I can actually make him an offer, something that never happens after you’ve cut him. I make him a deal. Three other have too.

Stage 8 – Hopkins signs with us for 3 years and 8.67 mill. TE Stanley Ballard, our 3rd stringer last year is heading to New Orleans. I would have brought him back, but he conflicted with our new post-Lee leader.

Stage 9 – Quiet. Kovacs deal to re-sign keeps dropping. I take a look around. Let me do some math. What would my honest offer be, for a 45/45 TE who has been a solid contributor? I make him that offer. Not yet.Maybe 2nd FA or something?

Stage 10 – Quiet, Former TE Page of ours heads to Phily. Everyhting finishes up quiet to….

Old 04-26-2015, 11:56 PM   #292
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The 2026 NFL Amateur Draft

Now I’d love to be in play for SE Brendan Cicci. That’s not happening. On the value board, Brendan, the 2nd fastest player in the draft, is 6th. I don’t think Brendan will prove to be a Wild in value, but a Lee. I expect he’ll finish up in the mid-60s. I don’t have the ammo to move up like I did last time, I last a 2nd rounder and I have a 1.27 pick. But if I see him fall and that price to move up drops, I may be in play for him.

Again, here are the spots I need:

RB maybe
TE, maybe 2,
2xWR
No O Line unless high starting quality OG or OT
DE
2xLB
2xCB
S

So I’d like to walk away with 9 players for depths, I have 43 on my roster. I have 9 draft picks, so the math all works out.

Alright, let’s begin.

GreenBay starts off by taking a potential studly QB. Then DT, QB, CB, S, RB, WR Cicci at 7 to Cleveland, and OG, S and CB wrap up the top 10.

So, the target is gone, insert sad face here.

But there were others I really liked. For example, two OLB, and some ILB and frankly, I’m surprised both top TE are on the board as well. Let’s keep going

1.11 TE – Theere they go – am I presescient or what?
1.12 OLB
1.13 RB
1.14 TE
1.15 OT
1.16 DT
1.17 S
1.18 – DT
1.19 DE
1.20 CB

Now, if I want to make a play, my targets I like are………WLB Wayne Godfrey, MLB Artie Dodrill, and a bunch of WR. I hold steady. I like Godfrey, but I feel I can get a solid compensation package if he isn’t there.

1.21 Wayne Godfrey – Damn
1.22 – QB
1.23 WR
1.24 CB
1.25 ILB
1.26 WR

Wow look at that. Every player at a potioin of need just feell off the board. Damn. I don’t know if I’m getting anything. Let me look.

The next WR is very overrated but has an affinity – nope

I could gamble and grab WR Maxwell Poffenroth, now the 4th WR, with no combines, good bars, and as scouted. That worked with Burton.

Or, I could grab a non-scouted player at a different positon. If I just BAP this draft, who’d I take? Maybe OG Floyd or Barasch? Nope, FS Efrian Fedolfi. Could I take and move to CB?

I want to go OG.

Instead, we’re doing something different. I want to trade –target Poffenroth. He won’t go in the next few picks.

I trade back with the saints at 1.32 and grabs a pair of future fives.

They grab FS Fedolfi. Then OG Barasch, an ILB and OLB and WR go. I slide back to Green Bay’s 2/2 and collect another future 5. Two more players fall. I don’t want to push too many players back or anything. I snag my WR and hope.

I see you at 3.27

I grab OLB here. At 4.3 I look around. Hmmm…. I take DE Chris Goeken, whom I have an affinity with.

Then at 4.26 and 4.27 I snag DT Calvin Keith and RT Fernando Coleman.

The 5th opens and heads to us at 5.25 and 5.27. I like FS Roger Popson and MLB Ricky Nygaard. I grab a CB with affinity, from WAYNE STATE IN DETROIT BABY I nthe 6th. He’s also the top oneon the board too. Our last guy is a RB I like.

The 2026 Jacksonville Draft Class

2nd – WR Maxwell Poffensroth, West Virginia University BABY
3rd – OLB Marcos Karr, San Diego
4th – DE Chris Goeken, Alabama; DT Calvin Keith, Pittsburgh; RT Fernando Coleman, Auburn
5th – S Roger Popson, South Carolina; MLB Ricky Nygaard, Duquesne
6th – CB Walt Benavides, Wayne State BABY
7th – RB Kendrick Gaston, Jackson State

Old 04-27-2015, 12:44 AM   #293
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

“You have to imagine that GM Marquis D’Avoigne was just getting upset as the stud WR and TEs went off the boards, postions on offense that we all know that he covets. Then players go off the board quicky before he drafts, and he doesn’t have the ammo in his gun to move up, lacking his 2nd round pick from the trade for last year’s Defensive Rookie of the Year FS Benardini.

Now that’s a move that looks even better after a year. But, it hurt his ability to move up and take a long temr starter at TE or one of the to players at LB or CB that were out there, and he needs a replacement for Marqise Lee, a retiree who is just monumental, even with Joshua Wild on the team.

So he finds his guy, WR Poffenroth, and then realizes that the rest of the league doesn’t have this guy as high on their radar, and trades beack twice, collecting a three set of future 5th round picks. Then he picks the guy in the early 2nd round that he wanted all along and now, hopefully, has his future Marqise Lee, or at least, can use the guy.

Now, remember that Poffenroth was injured during the combine and was not able to do any of the drills other than the IQ questions and interviews. A lot of teamsmoved him down. A few years ago, the Jaguars loved DE Burton who wasn’t even invited and his stock soared post-combine, and were not scared away, and they have been since rewarded. Again, they targeted a guy, traded back, and collected some future picks.

You have to really like how aggressive the GM has been about targeting players the last couple of years, and matching need with the board. But at the same time, they didn’t end up with a 1st round pick, and some of their later picks aren’t the best we’ve seen from D’Avoigne before.”

We have one player on teh Green page, Poffenroth comes back as the 2nd best WR in the draft, supposedly.

I slide him to SE.

B+ draft grade

Old 04-27-2015, 01:52 AM   #294
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I have, on my roster, needs for

TEx2
WR
CB

Holy crap future potential. The Bucs got an undrafted FA last year, LG Casey Pasto a 19/61 guy. They let him go. I am making him a two year offer.

I also like TE Courtney Beyer, a 2nd year undrafter TE that KC picked up. He’s 32/47 and wants a nice 3 year deal.

I cut RB Braylen George

I like UFA WR Juan Sharber and CB Jerald O’Neill and TE Christopher Bastyr

Stage 1 – We sign Bastyr and O’Neill and I increase some other offers ot stave off competition.

Stage 2 – We sign OG Casey Pasto.

Stage 3 – We sign TE Beyer, FL Sharber.

I make a few changesto our own guys first

I extend DT Randy Frederick by two years. QB Frankie Peters by one.

I’d like to do four things – Resign WR Cedric Banks as my 3rd guy going forward ; sign CB Allen Hutchings as a cheap starter for the next few years now, before I strat him, to keep costs low; resign TE Kovacs now that his deal is growing increasingly reasonable, and four resign RFA MLB Miceli, now that his deal is better as well.

I don’t have the cap space for all four. I could have 3 MLB and 4 OLB on my roster with Miceli there. But that’s extravagant. Kovacs is too, I have three TE right now.

I cut OG Gage Wallace. Even if LG Pasto is a bust later on, he won’t be worse than Wallace.

I can’t find a way to extend Hutchings financially beyond one year beyond his current deal – it’s not available.

Okay, so now it’s just Kovacs, Banks and Miceli. Beyer might grow into Kovacs, and if not, then at least a solid enough TE option. And I have Delaroche. I want to hold off on Banks until I see about Maxwell post-preseason.

So for now, I’m good.

Stage 4 – MLB Micelie signs with Oaklands. Sc Travis DeWachte with Buffalo.

Stage 5 nothing

Pre-camp, Kovacs has dropped to a very reasonable amount and I sign him back to 2 years and 1.9 and then 2.1,

I also sign a random OG UFA because I want to have insurance against my latest move.

Old 04-27-2015, 02:02 AM   #295
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

CAMP TIME

We sell 66700 season tix

My best player, other than SE Maxwell appears to be 4th rounder DT Calvin Keith, at 22/54. Could he grow into a future starter for me at the DT Spot?

7th round rookie RB Gaston is 43/47 and looks solid too. Better than 3rd rounder and 3rd year vet Erick Winslett at 41/41

Anybody fall yet? Normally you might have to wait until post-preseason though.

Satre is down to 78/78
Bortles 43/43

Bernardini is up to 81/84.

Alright, let’s cut a few folks and then hit preaseason:

In the first week of preseason, the Giant’s RB goes down hard and is out for around 12 weeks with a knee injury. They have a ton of cap room. Sensing an opportunity, we dial up their GM on the phone to see if they want RB Jermaine Woods. But they don’t like Wood;’s salsary. How do you not like a 55/55 RB with a salary of 2.27 mill for your club when you have 40 million in space? In fact, no one wants him.

Ah well, it was a thought.

We finish the preaseason 1-3

Post preseason thoughts on our team’s rookies:

Whoa RB Gaston boomed to 50/53. That’s pretty solid. That’s impressive boomage. In fact, it moves his to the Green page, where he is the 3rd RB on the list. In fact, he’s the latest person on the list by four rounds, late 3rd in the last player on the Green page until Gaston made it. DT Calvin Keith is 24/51.

Old 04-27-2015, 02:24 AM   #296
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

In other news, here’s our WR:

The Next Lee?

42/69 is strong. If he finishes 64/64 or so, that’s be right around where Marqise Lee was, and we made some nice moves to replace our guy. He has great loyalty, and isn’t going to rock the boat. And I hope that he’ll se a solid catcher!

Even if he bosts to 55/55 or 52/52 like Allen Robinson, that’ll be fine for now. And Lee was also drafted near the top of the 2nd.

Anyway, good job.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 04-27-2015 at 02:25 AM.
Old 04-27-2015, 10:13 AM   #297
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Satre is down to 71/71. DE Velazquez does to 46/46 MLB Morris ot 42/42. WR Joshua Wild is at 74/74 but he’s 28, I don’t know what happened there. RT Starks to 61/61. RB Willingham to 57/57. WLB Avery Halder ot 37/37. Kantowski to 36/36 Grossman down to 30/30. TE Kovacs is up to 48/48.

I cut:

DT Dana Korber
4th rnd rookie RT Fernando Coleman who busted HARD to 14/24 from 14/51 in the draft
TE Bastyr
A pair of OG

And we are good to go.

A few changes to my starters from what you might expect. DT Randy Frederick and DT Calvin Keith are starting for us. Grossman and Kantowski are both going to be used as rotational guys.

Despite the loss of Lee, we are the 11th youngest team this year.

Roster Strengths:

9th worst QB
12th best RB
6th worst FB
8th best TE
5th best WR
5th best C
13th best G
13th best T
13th worst P
12th worst K
THE best DE
3rd worst DT
5th worst MLB
6th best OLB
10th best CB
THE best S (BY FAR, we are crushing them 100 to 65).

New starters include – FB Charlie Woo, SE Maxwell Poffenroth, DT Calvin Keith, DT Randy Frederick, RCB Allen Hutchings.

We are starting – 5th round pick Hutchings – 54/54, DT Frederick from the 5th, 39/39, 3rd rounder at 3.32 CB Colton Hanks, 4th round rookie Calvin Keith, and that;s in additional some you know like C Leggin from the 3rd.

Old 04-27-2015, 10:38 AM   #298
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 1 – We head to Houston and remind them of our danger level and we win 47-17. Bortles is NFL Offensive Player of the Week with 32 for 40 and 416 yards and a 4:1 Ratio. WR Wild? 7 for 98 yards and WR Poffenroth, in his first game, is 5 for 90 and two scores. Welcome to the NFL baby! TE Delaroche with a TD catch. RB Willingham has 17 carries for 92 yards and 2 scores; 6 catches for 66 yards and a score. DE Nate Brown subbing in grabs 2 sacks. Pick by FS Bernardini. Sack by DT Frederick. 4 KRB by OT Brant Matthews.

Week 2 – We host and smash the Eagles 40-16. Borltes is Game MVP with 27 of 37 for 304 and 3:0. Wild had 9 for 100 and 2 scores, WR Poffenroth 4 for 110 and 1. RB Willingham was 24 for 124 and a score on the ground. Pick by Bernardini.MLB Morris with a forced fumble recored by SS Whalen. 4 KRB by Satre and Meadows and 3 by Starks and Matthews.

WR Banks is out for a fouple of weeks with a calf musicle and MLB Morris strained his hammy and is questionable for an unknown length of time. We’ll keep Morris in though.

Week 3 – We head to Denver and just, barely, win 20-17. RB Willingham was Game MVP with 13 for 108 and a score on the ground and 8 catches for 35 yards as well. Bortles was 20 for 34 and just 196 yards and 1:2 ratio. TE Kovacs caught the score. Pick by Bernardini and 2 by MLB Morris. Glad I kept him in. SLB Ezra Wilkerson with a forced fumble. Sack by Bernardini. 3 KRB by Satre and Starks and Matthews.

We have a few injuries post game:

TE Delaroche is doubtful with abdominal strain
CB Colton Hanks is questionable for a week with a pulled groin

Week 4 – We host Cincinnati, the Bengals arrive with their newly acquired and fancy QB. And they beat us 20-13. Bortles as 27 of 37 for 303 and 1:1, and Wild had 150 yards and a score and Poffenroth 107 yards, Sacks by DE Burton and S Bernardini, and 3 KRB by Starks.

Banks is back from injury!

Old 04-27-2015, 11:11 AM   #299
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 5 – We thump Cleveland hard in vengeance for the loss to Ohio the prvious week. We win 48-24. Willingham has 21 carries for 128 yards and 3 scores. WR Wild 1 score and Maxwell 114 yards and a score. Bortles is 24 of 27 for 289 and 2:0. Pick by SS Whalen. Sack by Velazquez. 6 KRB by Starks, 4 by Satre.

Week 6 – We head to division rivals the Colts. Despite some good play by some folks, we still lose 14-27. CB Hutchings had a pair of interceptions. 2 sacks by SS Whalen, 1 by Burton. 3 KRB by Leggin. Roshing score by Bortles and he was…..33 for 46 and 430 and 1:4. That’s a lot of picks. Poffenright had 127 yards and Wild the same yardage but with a score attached.

No major injuries though.

Week 7 – We head to face one-win Pittsburgh. We come back with a nice 38-17 win. Borltes is MVP with 19 of 28 for 257 and 4:0. Wild – 103 yards, 1 score; Banks 1 score, Poffenroth – 1 score; RB Woods, 1 score, RB Willingham 21 for 114 and 1 score. 2 picks by Bernardini, 1 each by FS Myles Clinton, SS Whalen, and CB Hiuthcings. Sacks by MLB Ricky Nygaard, DT Keith, and DE Velazquez. 5 KRB by Leggin and 3 each by Satre, Matthews, and Starks.

WR Poffenroth is out for 6 week swith a leg injury. We’ll start Banks. That’s a shame, he was having a good season too.

Week 8 – We head to the Ravens. Again. Our nemesis in purple. They beat us, 30-27. Ah well. TO be expected I suppose. Willingham was 18 for 157, and 6 for 67 catching. Bortles was 27 of 40 for 304 and 2:2. Wild got 81 yards and a score, and TE Kovacs the other. Banks, spelling Poffenroth was 5 for 83 on the day. Sacks by DE Velazquez, Burton, Grossman, and 2 by DT Keith. 6 KRB by Matthews and 4 by Starks.

We are 5-3 at the break, one game behind Tennessee, whom we host next week

Old 04-27-2015, 12:17 PM   #300
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 9 – We crucify the Titans 51-14. CB Shane Hopkins has 2 picks, one he retruns for a score. DT Keith, and DT Grossman have a sack. Satre has 5 KRb, and Leggin, Starks 4 each and Matthews 3. Bortles was lame in the air, with just 25 of 29, 288, and 0:1. We relied on our awesome triple threat RB ground game. Willingham? 15 for 141, 1 score, and 6 grabs for 97 yards. Gaston? Rushes for a score. Woods? Rushed for a score. WR Banks? Rushed for a score. 3rd string TE Courtney Beyer? Rushed for a freakin’score. It was a rush-a-thon!

We have some post-game injuries to some catchers:

FL Juan Sharber, doubtful with a hyperextended elbpow for 2 weeks
FL Cedric Banks, questionable for 3

Let’s get through the bye week first though.

We are now in the top spot of the AFC South

Week 10 – BYE

Unfortuantely the teams we wanted to lose last week, Tenessee and Indy both won. We are 6-3 with the Titans but in front due to head to head stuff. Luckily the play each other this week, so one will go down. Come on, Colts!

Week 11 – We host the Texans. Well…we manage to score 27 on them, so that’s good? But they score…hmmm…it says here….0. We shut them out and down baby! Game MVP is Borltes who has 26 of 33 for 234 and 2:0. WR Darnell Menzies caught a score. RB Willingham was 23 for 146 on the ground with a score and then was 9 for 42 and the other score. Picks by MLB Morris, CB Hanks and CB Hutchings. 1 sack each by DE Burton, SS Whalen, and DE Velazquez. 3 KRB by Leggins and Matthews.

RT Starks is questionable for 2 weeks with a knee injury.

The Titans beat the Colts and are 7-3 along with us.

Week 12 – We head to Dallas and win 34-20. The Titans lost too! Anyway, DE Burton is NFL Defensive Player of the Week with 3 sacks. FS Bernadini had a pick and returned it 75 for a score and SS Whalen had 2 INTs. FF by Shane Hopkins recovred by Whalen. 1 sack by DT Keith, and Velazquez. 6 KRB By C Leggin and 4 by Matthews and 3 by Starks. RB Willingham, Game MVP, had 28 for 180 and 3 rushing scores. Meanwhile Borltes had 42.6 QB Rating day with 23 of 38 for 271 and 0:4. Our defense and ground game willed us ot a victory despite Bortles.

Week 13 – We host the Jets and win 31-6. (The Titans win too). Ready for the Game MVP?

OG Marquis Satre – 12 KRO and he got 9 KRB, and 1 pancake too. Year Satre! Matthews, Starks and Leggin with 3 each as well.

Sacks by Velazquez, and CB Hanks. Pick and 17 yard scamper for a TD by SS Whalen. Borltes? 19 of 27 for 178 and 1:0. Kovacs with the score. Willingham was 24 for 119 and 1.

RT Starks is fully healed, and I rus back SE Poffenroth back a week early. We need to dig this passing game out of the gutter.