Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-09-2015, 08:48 PM   #1
BYU 14
Coordinator

Ballad of the Brixton Roughnecks - Bloodbowl 2

This will be an online solo league as my quest is to make it up the ranks with a human team, one of the toughest to play IMO, because they are decent at everything, but dominating at nothing. We will see how long I can survive.

So, without further adieu, let's meet the Roughnecks team value 1000

Players (Skills)
Linemen
Pops McIntyre (None)
Lucky Lou Radcliffe (None)
Shady Wayne (None)
Scraps Doolittle (None)
Rocky Rougeau (None)

Blitzers
Luc Savage (block)
Ace Idol (block)
Duke Crimson (block)

Thrower
Ace Cannon (pass, sure hands)

Catchers
Fast Eddie Chilton (dodge, catch)
Malikye Swift (dodge, catch)

Ogre
Walik the Wicked (bone-head, mighty blow, thick skull, throw team-mate, loner)

A balanced lineup with a beast in Walik to offset the bashy teams, but most of his attributes are bad right now. I will play keep away against the bashy teams like the Dwarves and Lizard men and look to pop big plays and be more physical with elves and other human teams.

I buy two points in coach assistant, 2 points in fan factor, an apothecary and only have enough left for 1 re-roll (this could hurt me)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Brixton.JPG (86.3 KB, 23 views)

Last edited by BYU 14 : 10-09-2015 at 08:51 PM.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 10:27 PM   #2
BYU 14
Coordinator

Match 1 vs. Raging Smashers (Human) - Home at the Brick Yard

Opening against another human team should serve us well, though they also have an Ogre, so no advantage there. They also have three re-rolls

Turn - 1
We kick off and they get the quick snap perk to move a free space.
One of their linemen fields the ball, they send a catcher deep, then try and double team Luc savage, who takes out their Blitzer for the turnover. We set up both Chilton and Swift to the right, attempt three blocks but no knockdowns.

Turn - 2
They try five blocks and succeed in knocking down Shady Wayne, Lou Radcliffe and Ace Idol, before starting to build a cage. We try three knockdowns and go 0 for 3 with Chilton wasting our re-roll and still going down on the counter attack.

Turn - 3
Luc Savage gets blocked and stunned, while Ace cannon and Duke Crimson both get knocked down. Shady Wayne fights off a block and drops the attacker and we take over. Scraps Doolittle gets a block and pushes the age to get their ball carrier in the tackle zone. Walik drops their Ogre Dar Huge and KO's him! Ace Cannon gets up and dodges away from the sideline and we get a second player in their ball carriers tackle zone and end the turn.

Turn - 4
Ace Idol and Scraps Doolittle both get dropped and Doolittle suffers a broken neck but the Apothecary saves him, while Duke Crimson is stunned and they rebuild the cage. Walik blitzes and moves the pile to disrupt the cage again, we set up defensively, before Chilton gets dropped again trying to blitz.

Turn - 5
They attempt to move the cage and Walik gets dropped by one of their blitzers, with Luc savage joining him on the turf before they end their turn. We do nothing more than stand up before Malikye Swift gets dropped trying a block.

Turn - 6
Pops McIntyre gets dropped as they try and create a seam, Ace Cannon then gets knocked off the pitch, curb stomped and is done for the game, with Duke Crimson also tasting grass again. Luc savage gets a key knockdown and Lou Radcliffe gets into their runner tackle zone. Ace Idol drops one of theirs and I end the turn looking to stalemate their advance.

Turn - 7
Chilton and Radcliffe get dropped in short order as they are out hitting us. They reset the cage again, but are still stuck at mid field and use their last re-roll to avoid a failed block. Their ball carrier has popped out and I go for a quick blitz with Duke Crimson, he nudges the runner back and close things down again, but shady Wayne slips trying to sprint.

Turn - 8
Fast Eddie Chilton is injured and done for the game, Malikye Swift and Luc Savage also get dropped, but they can still not advance the ball. Pops McIntyre lands a crushing block and frees Duke Crimson up for a blitz on their runner, which succeeds and the ball is loose. We don't have any chance to get it in, so I end the half. Walik the Wicked has done crap outside of one knockdown and is looking like wasted money as we head to the half tied at 0-0.

Second half

Turn - 9
They get their Ogre back from the KO and we are down 1 due to the two injuries. We spread it out, get the kick and Walik immediately goes bone head! Luc Savage executes a blitz and moves forward to set a pick. With no thrower we will need to go to the ground game and Rocky Rougeau picks it up by the sideline and we end the turn. The Smashers set a defensive wall to the side of the ball and then start blocking with Doolittle, Wayne, Swift and McIntyre going down and McIntyre and Doolittle stunned.

Turn - 10
Rougeau brings it up, Walik still can't get a damn knockdown, but neither can anyone else and we end the turn. Swift gets surrounded and dropped and Wayne, Radcliffe and Savage all join him with Savage getting knocked out.

Turn - 11
Walik finally gets another knock down and Rougeau runs up and tucks in behind him. Ace Idol adds a key block and drops a lineman. I don't want to take anymore chances and end the turn. They blitz Rougeua and the ball is loose. Before they can capitalize Swift defeats a block and gets the turnover.

Turn - 12
Walik blocks their catcher who recovered fumble and stuns him, ball is out. Ace Idol blitzes, gets the knockdown, picks up the ball and gets within 4 squares of paydirt. I hold tackle zones on everyone and stop there. The Smashers blitz Idol but can't get him down and Crimson defeats a block and gets the turnover, we are in great shape!

Turn - 13
I blitz the player on Ace Idol with Walik and drop him, allowing Idol to walk into the end zone, 1-0 Brixton!! We kick off, but are now two players down, so we need to make them drive. We kick deep and the ball lands on their goal line. McIntyre is dropped from a blitz and stunned, they surround Walik and drop him, but leave the flanks open for us to get to their runner.

Turn - 14
I send Swift to play center field, move down the flanks and send Duke Crimson on a blitz which results in a knockdown and a wall between their runner and the front line. With their ball carrier alone, he makes a sprint to get close to the front line and succeeds and they set a cage around him with a blitzer taking Swift out, stunning him. Radcliffe is also dropped and suffers a smashed hip losing a point of movement.

Turn - 15
We surround the cage as best we can and blitzes a lineman, dropping him and getting in the runner tackle zone. The best we can do down three now. They blitz Idol, but he stays up, unfortunately he is pushed next to their Ogre who knocks him out. They surround Walik and drop him after a re-roll and we are going to have to fight to hang on as they advance past mid field.

Turn - 16
Swift bounces up and gets in the runner tackle zone, Walik blitzes of his back and stuns their player, but he can't reach the runners tackle zone. Rougeau tries to dodge and trips, the re-roll succeeds and he drops back to impede the cage. Scraps Doolittle scores a knockdown and we will make them stretch to tie us on the last turn. They start by taking out Swift, who is stunned, then blitz Rougeau who stays up. Still their runner has a seam, he succeeds on two sprint rolls and we are tied, dammit!!! 1-1

We gain 1 fan factor and $80,000, Ace Idol earns 3 skill points and Lucky Lou Radcliffe 5 and stand 0-0-1 in pool play after round 1.
Old 10-10-2015, 11:33 AM   #3
Tellistto
College Prospect

Rough start. Following along! Good luck!

Hattrick - Fizzle United (222968)
Tellistto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 12:42 PM   #4
BYU 14
Coordinator

Game 2- Brixton Roughnecks (Value 960) 0-1-0 vs. Glorious Feathers (High Elf value 1000) 1-0-0

I like our chances in this one as we can grind behind Walik, if he can start hurting people and we get them early before they get any major skill boosts. We are going to play this one physical. We have $80,000 in petty cash and get $60,000 in inducements so I buy a Bloodweiser babe for 50K which gives me +1 to recover from a KO this match (I want to keep my funds for a re-roll after this match) The Glorious Feathers win the toss and will receive

Turn-1
Feathers - They set the return right, McIntyre goes down on a blitz, Walik gets a trip and knocks the Elf out and they turn it over
Roughnecks - Walik drops their thrower, but uses our re-roll, we move to cover their players and end turn

Turn-2
Feathers - They send two deep on routes and set a cage around the ball carrier near mid field, Duke Crimson trips a player and they turn it over again.
Roughnecks - Ace Idol, Pops McIntyre, Luc Savage and Walik get knockdowns, (two of them stun their players) Shady Wayne blitzes the BC but only moves him, turn over.

Turn-3
Feathers - They turn it over again in short order as Wayne gets a trip and they fail their re-roll
Roughnecks - Wayne then chokes and is knocked down trying to block their runner, turn over

Turn-4
Feathers - They use a re-roll to blitz and stun Ace Cannon, then trip trying to sprint and turn it over again!
Roughnecks - Ace Idol blitzes and takes out their carrier, fumble and he is stunned, ball flies back 5 spaces from their goaline, Fast Eddie Chilton grabs it and gets within 2 of the end zone. We try and protect him and end turn

Turn-5

Feathers - Malikye Swift, Ace Cannon (stunned), Pops McIntyre (stunned) go down but they can't get to our ball carrier.
Roughnecks - With no re-rolls I don't take chances and Fast Eddie Chilton scores. 1-0 Brixton!

Turn-6
Feathers - (We get the blitz action on kickoff free move) Ace Idol (stunned) is knocked down, they set the cage right and get to mid field sending a single receiver deep right.
Roughnecks - We close in on the cage, Duke Crimson blitzes and gets a knockdown, then moves next to their ball carrier, end turn.

Turn-7
Feathers - They send two more deep left, drop Duke Crimson, then both McIntyre and their blitzer go down and is KO'd, turn over.
Roughnecks - We cover the three deep, close on the cage, then Savage fails his block, turnover.

Turn-8
Feathers - They drop Shady Wayne, Duke Crimson (KO), Pops McIntyre (KO), there ball carrier breaks free but they won't make the end zone.
Roughnecks - Just going for damage, but Walik goes bone-head, but Scraps Doolittle blitzes their ball carrier and knocks the ball loose. Rocky Rougeau picks it up and we end the half.

Second Half: 1-0 Roughnecks - We are down 1 player, we bring everyone up, we are going to play bashy in the 2nd half.

Turn-9
Roughnecks-We get an extra re-roll from cheering fans, kick is short. We set up right but Ace Cannon can't pick it up , turnover.
Feathers - Pops McIntyre gets dropped as they close, but both Rougeau and their blitzer go down, turnover and Rougeau is injured.

Turn-10
Roughnecks- Ace Idol gets knockdown on a blitz and moves to solidify the cage, Cannon succeeds on the pick up and we are set.
Feathers - Fast Eddie Chilton (stunned), Pops McIntyre and Shady Wayne go down and they close on the cage. I have to use the apothecary to prevent a KO on Chilton.

Turn-11
Roughnecks- Scraps Doolittle clears our runner tackle zone and Rocky Rougeau gets a knockdown on a blitz , Duke Crimson (KO) trips on a dodge and I take a turnover.
Feathers - They hate McIntyre, he is surrounded and dropped, they fall back on defense and sneak a player in behind our ball carrier.

Turn-12
Roughnecks- Rougeau clears the tackle zone of our ball carrier, Ace Idol scores a knockdown and Pops McIntyre gets up and dodges out of trouble for now.
Feathers - They are not being aggressive attacking the cage, maybe because Walik is front and center, so they play passive defense, but gang up on McIntyre again away from the play.

Turn-13
Roughnecks- We move the cage up a space and Scraps Doolittle scores another knockdown, Pops McIntyre again dodges out of trouble and we end the turn, playing keep away.
Feathers - They continue to put bodies between our cage and the goal, then blitz McIntyre, but he stays up.

Turn-14
Roughnecks- We push a couple of elves back and move the cage another space forward, they are going to have to make a move soon. Doolittle goes for revenge, but fails his block and blows our last re-roll, getting stunned.
Feathers - They close in a little bit, use a re-roll on a dodge and attack the cage, but get no knockdowns.

Turn-15
Roughnecks- Rougeau tries a blitz and is knocked out, no re-rolls, turnover, damn you McIntyre
Feathers - They block Ace Cannon, stunning him and the is loose, but they blow the pickup, turnover, whew.

Turn-16
Roughnecks- We just need to be smart. Shady Wayne gets a huge knockdown on a blitz, Fast Eddie Chilton gets a KO, but Scraps Doolittle blows a dodge and we will have to hand on.
Feathers - Chilton dodges a block, but Ace Idol, goes down. Unfortunately it will not be enough and they fall short as we hang on for the win 1-0 Brixton!!!

We get $90,000 and I go up to level 10 as a coach, gains 1 fan factor, and move to 1-1-0, Ace Idol gets 6 SP and goes to level 2, I give him the Juggernaut skill, now when he blitzes opponents can't use fend, stand firm or wrestle and a double knockdown is treated as a push back instead. I then spend $100,000 on a second re-roll, boost cheerleader and coach assist by 1 and hire lineman Crash King for depth. Malikye Swift lost an agility point this game, suffering a broken neck, not good for a catcher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellistto View Post
Rough start. Following along! Good luck!

Thanks for following, picked it up here, but next match is against Beastmen, they will be tough, but I have speed on them.