Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-16-2017, 11:38 AM   #251
Bobble
College Prospect

Am I making a mistake by not spending 1,000,000 silver to go from 25 whistles per win to 30? I'm at 19 prestige and not planning on jumping up soon and I have 16,622 whistles in the bank.
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 12:07 PM   #252
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
Am I making a mistake by not spending 1,000,000 silver to go from 25 whistles per win to 30? I'm at 19 prestige and not planning on jumping up soon and I have 16,622 whistles in the bank.

I'm in about the same spot and probably have 5 or so 3* players that need to be fully upgraded to legends already when I'm ready to make the jump and will have more at that time.
Old 08-16-2017, 12:11 PM   #253
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:

You will need a lot of silver when you finally do decide to start upgrading players again when you want to cross over into division 1, so saving them is fine. For me at least, silver was a limiting factor in upgrades from prestige 15-20, not whistles.

At prestige 25 now, I have done that 1 million upgrade, and also a 1.5 million stadium upgrade. I currently have 4 million silver and 34k whistles. My progression with 4* players is very slow (my team rating has not improved in the last 3 tournaments). I'm getting 4* players at a slow rate and still getting lots of new players and 2nd duplicates at best, so I'm not spending much. I've stopped watching ads to double my game rewards entirely.

So yeah, not upgrading, stockpiling silver for the massive amounts of upgrades you'll want to do all at once eventually, and then upgrading later makes sense.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 12:14 PM   #254
Radii
Head Coach

I kicked Oregon (chinaski), I PM'd him just in case he's still interested in playing, and will figure out a different inactive if I've made a mistake. But I'm pretty sure he hasn't been active in some time.

Jon: go to alliance, search for the FOFC alliance and apply and we can add you now.

Last edited by Radii : 08-16-2017 at 12:14 PM.
Old 08-16-2017, 01:19 PM   #255
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
Jon: go to alliance, search for the FOFC alliance and apply and we can add you now.

Done ("Ole Tech Vols")
Old 08-16-2017, 01:24 PM   #256
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Done ("Ole Tech Vols")

you're in. alliance = your tournament points help contribute to our ranking as an alliance. Based on that ranking at the end of each tournament we get a reward in recruiting points. That's basically it.
Old 08-17-2017, 11:52 AM   #257
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I was going to make a run at top 10 in D2 but my team just isn't winning a high enough percentage of their games at this point. Maybe we will be able to improve and make a run for it this weekend.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 12:19 PM   #258
Radii
Head Coach

I spent 82 gold today just to get into the top 100 for D1. We'll see how much more it takes to maintain it.
Old 08-17-2017, 12:36 PM   #259
Arles
Grey Dog Software

I haven't spent anything, just played when it was open this week. But I'm at 101 and literally facing 240-270 teams nonstop. I'm considering myself fortunate to win 1 out of 3 (I'm at 175), but I can't see staying near the top 100. I'll keep playing the games when they open up, but I doubt I will spend anything. I need to be closer to 200 to make a serious run.
Old 08-17-2017, 12:47 PM   #260
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
I haven't spent anything, just played when it was open this week.

Yeah I had a number of various times where I missed my window to play the tournament games by hours. I'm usually more obsessive than that. I also had a few times where I lost all three games, though I am not tracking my overall win rate. I do usually track on Thursday's. Today so far I am 12-7.
Old 08-17-2017, 01:24 PM   #261
Bobble
College Prospect

I feel like the guys who are getting into D2 and certainly D1 aren't just dicking around. There's a lot higher frequency of guys who have put together a thoughtful team and therefore are tougher to go up against.

I'm having fun micro-managing my Dream achievements in the meantime while I build a big bank before going to D1. I've mapped out my 5-, 4-, and interesting 3-star players to see what they need to achieve their dream. I slip in the guys who need knockout championships in the daily knockout, I put in the guys who need "top tier wins" into the weekday or weekend tourney games, and I put in the guys who need underdog wins/points in the season games where I'm technically an underdog.

Speaking of, does anyone know what constitutes "underdog"? Is it lower prestige or lower overall rating?
Old 08-17-2017, 02:03 PM   #262
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

What's up with the teams with like multiple 4/5 or 5/5 5* guys on their team that is rated in the 130-140 range. Are those the guys that are spending real money on the game?
Old 08-17-2017, 02:13 PM   #263
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Could be. I don't have any 5* guys over two stars - but I have a bunch through packs (and I did spend 2,000 gold on my 5-star QB on the daily sale). I would say guys who have 3-5 stars on their 5-star guys have made a purchase at some point. I've probably spent 15,000+ gold on packs and players and haven't gotten close to 3-starring a 5-star guy yet. 4-star guys seem to be the way to go in the interim as you can spend 120 leg points on them and they are a lot more prevalent in packs.
Old 08-17-2017, 02:47 PM   #264
Bobble
College Prospect

BTW, the stats you get in Friendly games against other teams in your Alliance count for Dream fulfillment. If you see me repeatedly thumping on Ole Tech Vols in the chat, that's why.
Old 08-17-2017, 03:21 PM   #265
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
BTW, the stats you get in Friendly games against other teams in your Alliance count for Dream fulfillment. If you see me repeatedly thumping on Ole Tech Vols in the chat, that's why.

Have at it man, glad that sad little squad serves SOME purpose
Old 08-17-2017, 03:25 PM   #266
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Incidentally, I'm working for the belief that low levels/starting out I'm best served by simply going for steady incremental (small though they may be) improvement before trying to get to Prestige 3. Let it come as it comes but don't focus everything on trying to jump up in tiers. (i.e. the same strat that applies before going to D1)
Old 08-17-2017, 06:57 PM   #267
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Let it come as it comes but don't focus everything on trying to jump up in tiers. (i.e. the same strat that applies before going to D1)

The jump frfom D2 to D1 is unique b/c the rewards don't scale up linearlly there and because its the top division so the teams that have been playing forever are still just stuck in there, so from a min/maxing perspective if you stay in D2 and get top 10 in the weekly/weekend tournaments even though you potentially could promote you will be gaining more rewards.

I didn't find that to be true from D4 to D3 to D2. I improved my team in whatever ways I could, legend players when I could, add stars when I could, and progressed naturally and that worked for me. Its technically possible to get to D2 too early but it would be pretty damn unlucky. I'd just add stars and legends whenever you can and that will work out up to prestige 19 (the D2 to D1 break).

Last edited by Radii : 08-17-2017 at 06:57 PM.
Old 08-21-2017, 01:32 AM   #268
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

3 days straight, not one single ad except the USMC one
Old 08-21-2017, 09:21 AM   #269
Bobble
College Prospect

Quote:
3 days straight, not one single ad except the USMC one

I like that one. You wait about 15 seconds and then hit the tiny "no thanks" in the bottom left corner. You're credited but you don't have to sit through the movie.
Old 08-21-2017, 02:38 PM   #270
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I like that one. You wait about 15 seconds and then hit the tiny "no thanks" in the bottom left corner. You're credited but you don't have to sit through the movie.

I haven't been able to get it to credit w/out watching the whole thing :/

And Lord knows, I tried.
Old 08-21-2017, 02:39 PM   #271
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

On the bright side, I did get the crappy "Adventure Capitalist" ad today.
Old 08-21-2017, 02:52 PM   #272
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Getting top 10 in D2 over the weekend was exhausting. I probably spent more than 500 gold to get it and had almost 70,000 points to earn 8th. I also had to sit from like 6p to 730p and play games nonstop. I don't think is much of a chance I try for that again....which sucks because if I'm not trying for the top then why am I playing the game?
Old 08-21-2017, 03:19 PM   #273
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
because if I'm not trying for the top then why am I playing the game?

Same as with every other game of its type: it's a timewaster. Not much more, not much less, these are what they are.

No different than 4 others I play of a similar bent.
Old 08-21-2017, 05:13 PM   #274
Bobble
College Prospect

Quote:
I haven't been able to get it to credit w/out watching the whole thing :/

And Lord knows, I tried.

When the first screen comes up, before you hit any buttons, there's a tiny "no thanks" in the lower left corner. Give it 15 seconds and hit that. It's worked for me.
Old 08-21-2017, 08:22 PM   #275
Bobble
College Prospect

For the third time in a row, when a recruit ticket has been one of the 3 choices in the free gifts and I've managed to pick the other two. Classic Bobble.

Last edited by Bobble : 08-21-2017 at 08:22 PM.
Old 08-21-2017, 09:08 PM   #276
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
When the first screen comes up, before you hit any buttons, there's a tiny "no thanks" in the lower left corner. Give it 15 seconds and hit that. It's worked for me.

Yep, tried it several times. Worked, IIRC, once ... and after that I got some kinda splash screen about how "you won't receive a prize if you don't watch the video, do you still wish to stop?"
Old 08-21-2017, 09:21 PM   #277
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Yep, tried it several times. Worked, IIRC, once ... and after that I got some kinda splash screen about how "you won't receive a prize if you don't watch the video, do you still wish to stop?"

that's ad BS, not the game, you can click past that as long as you've waited a bit.
Old 08-22-2017, 11:35 AM   #278
henry296
College Starter

Quote:

It looks like the fixed the ad. It auto-starts now. It is however, shorter than the one drug ad, so that is a plus.
Old 08-23-2017, 06:35 PM   #279
Bobble
College Prospect

I like the new Hall of Records/Achievements thing they've added. Gives you a couple extra gold. Nice.

If someone needs a patsy team to get some Alliance Friendly game wins, let me know. I can put in my scrubs and get down to about a 26 rating.
Old 08-23-2017, 08:22 PM   #280
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
I like the new Hall of Records/Achievements thing they've added. Gives you a couple extra gold. Nice.

And all of a sudden your completionist stuff on completing player dreams pays off
Old 08-23-2017, 09:49 PM   #281
kingfc22
Head Coach

Yea. Liking the new Hall of Records. Sounds like Live events are coming soon as well which should keep this time waster going for me a bit longer.

Last edited by kingfc22 : 08-24-2017 at 10:22 PM.
kingfc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 12:00 PM   #282
Bobble
College Prospect

Quote:

Looks like this "loophole" has been caught. I was checking today and my stats from Friendly games aren't accumulating for Dream fulfillment purposes.
Old 08-24-2017, 12:15 PM   #283
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Looks like this "loophole" has been caught. I was checking today and my stats from Friendly games aren't accumulating for Dream fulfillment purposes.

That's frustrating. I'd play out seasons totally differently if this stuff were in place from the start. I'll end up very slowly working on them using the daily knockouts I guess then.
Old 08-24-2017, 01:09 PM   #284
rjolley
College Starter

Is the Knockout loophole still there?
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 01:24 PM   #285
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post
Is the Knockout loophole still there?

It was still there this morning.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 01:27 PM   #286
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
It was still there this morning.

Did I miss this earlier in the thread?
Old 08-24-2017, 01:37 PM   #287
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
Did I miss this earlier in the thread?

This:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
I also found a pretty silly exploit for the knockout tournament. To determine the team ratings of your opponents, it scales off your team rating when you initially open up the knockout tournament. So if you have a team of scrubs when you open it up, you can put in your usual team and auto through the whole tournament (which is nice).
Old 08-24-2017, 02:29 PM   #288
Radii
Head Coach

With the "share the love" reward btw, when you click the share button after a game, you can e-mail the results... to yourself. That will give you credit and not make you one of those people spamming facebook with this shit
Old 08-24-2017, 03:41 PM   #289
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
Yea. Inking the new Hall of Records.

Interesting ... cause I'm not seeing anything like a Hall of Records.
Old 08-24-2017, 04:30 PM   #290
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
Interesting ... cause I'm not seeing anything like a Hall of Records.

Did you update your app this week?
Old 08-24-2017, 04:36 PM   #291
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
Did you update your app this week?

I was just sitting here thinking about that, I don't believe I've gotten an "update is available" notice that I recall so that's probably why it's missing.
Old 08-24-2017, 05:59 PM   #292
Bobble
College Prospect

It happened. I was a sliver away from hitting level 20 and in all my dicking around with my roster, I accidentally legended up some goober. I'm gonna be in D1 and not ready for it. I had all these plans on how I was going to bust into D1 properly prepared and tear it a new one. :-(
Old 08-25-2017, 10:06 AM   #293
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Meanwhile, in the bush leagues ... after cruising largely on auto-pilot through the weekday tournament, I definitely wasn't ready for the jump to D-III for the weekend. Getting my ass handed to me over half the time.

Seems like good defenses are easier to come by than good offenses, so I'm not sure training up my two not-quite-finished defenders is going to help matters much. Gonna come down to a card draws for that I imagine.
Old 08-25-2017, 12:55 PM   #294
rjolley
College Starter

Jon, that sounds like my move up to D-I. I'm facing teams at least 20 points better than me every time with some over 100 points better.

Did notice that one team I played a lot in D-II, Alabama, has an all outside run gameplan. He doesn't get big hitters, but he constantly moves the ball and eats up the clock. Makes me feel like going back to that strategy.
Old 08-25-2017, 01:03 PM   #295
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post
Jon, that sounds like my move up to D-I. I'm facing teams at least 20 points better than me every time with some over 100 points better.

Did notice that one team I played a lot in D-II, Alabama, has an all outside run gameplan. He doesn't get big hitters, but he constantly moves the ball and eats up the clock. Makes me feel like going back to that strategy.

It's (now) down to about a 10 point gap between me & the rest but I'm not really that close since I'm so weighted toward defense. Hard to win (barring turnovers) when you can't move the ball.
Old 08-25-2017, 01:11 PM   #296
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
It's (now) down to about a 10 point gap between me & the rest but I'm not really that close since I'm so weighted toward defense. Hard to win (barring turnovers) when you can't move the ball.

I remember a point around D3 where I didn't really have much synergy on offense yet. Didn't have enough plays collected, didn't have enough players on offense who were good at the same things, and it took a bit to push through that.

The thing with D4->D3 is that you gain the same reward for finishing a tier lower. So if you were finishing in the top 100 in D4 you will get the same reward for finishing top 250 in D3, so you shouldn't be losing anything, and once you progress a bit back to wherever you were its +500 gold/tournament (or is it +250, I can't remember there).

I think I'm up to 3 weeks without an improvement to my team. I see Arles team is rated slightly higher than mine now. He's got more 4* and 5* guys starting than me so he has a lot more upside. I am still getting top 100 every tournament, but holy crap it gets real slow right around here.
Old 08-25-2017, 01:52 PM   #297
rjolley
College Starter

Yeah, I'm almost at the point where I'm ready to stop and go back to WordHero for my mindless game of choice. Think I'll make a run as a run only and a pass only team first.
Old 08-27-2017, 08:49 PM   #298
Radii
Head Coach

I can't login, anyone else?
Old 08-27-2017, 08:59 PM   #299
cartman
Death Herald

Quote:

Me either. I was trying to cash in 1000 points for recruiting, and it just hung up. Haven't been able to get back in.
Old 08-27-2017, 09:08 PM   #300
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I've been fine, collected the weekend loot & played the first set of games for the "college football season kickoff" three day event. Game was a little slow but that's been the norm for me for the past several days anyway.

But then again I don't think I log out per se, so maybe that's the diff?