Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-06-2010, 11:46 AM   #401
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

With the bugs in 2010, it has motivated me to at the very least finish out this season before I start playing 2010 regularly. So...

August 5, 2017 -

I'm actually feeling the nerves tonight. We are going against the Yankees at home and we are both 66-44 having split the previous 2 games of this series. They have their ace Joba Chamberlain going against me, so I need to be on tonight.

A good start to the night as Reyes flies out to center on a 0-1 slider. Chase Utley flies out on a 1-1 slider to left center. I get Mark Teixeira to strike out on a 2-2 running inside fastball to end the inning.

I get Surhoff to strike out on a 3-2 fastball to start the 2nd. The fans are cheering me loudly tonight. 1-2-3 2nd.

All of my pitches are working tonight. 1-2-3 3rd as I strike out Willie Taveras with a 2-2 splitter to end the 3rd.

DeJesus with a 2 run double to give us the 2-0 lead in the bottom of the 3rd.

An error allows Reyes to get to 2nd to start the 4th. I can't believe how badly Garza threw that one. Yes, Navarro guns down Reyes on a steal attempt at 3rd with a 0-1 count. I strike Utley out with a 0-2 splitter. Teixeira gives me a scare but DeJesus catches it at the wall.

I strike out Headley with a 1-2 change for the 2nd out of the 5th. 1-2-3 5th.

Pedroia with a solo shot in the bottom of the 5th. We lead 3-0 now.

I strike out Katteras with a 1-2 slider for the 2nd out of the 6th. I strike out Taveras looking with a 2-2 fastball. Guys are all avoiding me now..

Reyes bunts for a single to break up the no-hitter. Asshole. I strike out Utley with a 1-2 slider but Reyes steals 2nd on the play. I unintentionally intentionally walk Teixeira. I strike out Surhoff looking with a 1-2 change. Headley grounds out to short on a 1-1 fastball to end the inning.

After hitting the leadoff batter (by accident), I strike out Brandon Phillips with a 0-2 change. Kattaras with a strong linedrive to left center.. it drops. Rico Estrada tries to go to 3rd, Jacoby guns him down by 2 steps. A ground out to Pedroia ends the inning. My arm is feeling good to go for the complete game shutout.

Navarro with a 3 run homer to give me some breathing room.

Reyes starts off the 9th and I really want to drill him, but I don't want to jeopardize the shutout. I'll get him another time..

He hits a 1-0 slider right at Garza who catches it. I strike out Utley with a 2-2 outside fastball. Teixeira hits the first pitch to deep right.. it's at the track but it is catchable!

I get the complete game shutout! 6-0 win.

9 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 11 K.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 01:00 PM   #402
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 12, 2017 -

We are on a 4 game losing streak and we've lost our division lead. I need to have a huge game today at Baltimore.

Bad control as I walk the leadoff hitter, Greg Golson, on 5 pitches. Nick Markakis hits into a perfect ground ball for a double play, but a tough slide breaks up the potential 3-6-1 DP. Lacey with an infield dribbler for a single. I strike out Saucedo on a 1-2 fastball, high and inside to get the 2nd out of the inning. I strike out Quevedo with a 2-2 high inside fastball to end the inning.

Prince Fielder with a solo homer in the of the 2nd to give us the 1-0 lead.

1-2-3 2nd. 5 pitch inning.

Gotay with a leadoff walk in the 3rd against me. Golson with a single to right center. Men on 1st and 3rd with no outs. Markakis with a sac fly to deep right. Lacey with a 6-4-3 DP to end the inning.

I strike out Saucedo with a 2-2 fastball to start the 4th.

Roberts drives in 2 and Pedroia drives in another run to give us a 4-1 lead in the 5th.

I strike out Flores with a 2-2 change to start the 5th. I strike out Gotay with a 2-2 change for the 2nd out. Golson bunts for a hit in which Navarro throws it very high. Golson gets all the way to 3rd. Markakis lines out to left to end the inning.

Konerko with a solo homer. We are up 5-1 now.

1-2-3 6th.

1-2-3 7th.

Gotay continues to give me trouble with a first pitch flare to shallow left for a single. Golson hits a 2-2 slider right back at me. I turn and fire to 2nd. 1-6-3 DP! Markakis flies out to shallow center to end the 8th.

I've now got a 6-1 lead as I prepare to go for the complete game.

Lacey hits the first pitch, a fastball, hard at Roberts at short, but he handles it. 1 away. Saucedo hits it to the warning track in right center, but Jacoby puts it away. Quevedo hits a 2-1 change hard at Roberts who dives and catches it.

Another complete game! 6-1 victory. That is win #13 on the year for me.

9 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 5 K.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:29 PM   #403
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

After that win, we are 1 game behind the Yankees in the AL East with a 68-48 record.

August 18, 2017 -

Tonight's start is at home against the Angels who are 70-51. We are 70-50. I need to watch out for Mike Napoli's power.

After 8 pitches, I strike out leadoff hitter Wilson Cotts, with a 2-2 change. Their 2nd hitter, Manzella, hits a line drive to right center for a single. Miguel Cabrera is hitting .331 with 38 HR's. I need to be careful here..

He hits a 1-0 low change right at Pedroia for a 4-6-3 DP to end the inning.

I walk Napoli with 4 straight balls to start the 2nd. I strike out Armas with a 2-2 splitter to end the 2nd after getting the other 2 batters to fly out.

I strike out Cavazos with a 0-2 curve for the 1st out of the 3rd. That was my 1,000 career strikeout! I strike out Bartlett with a 0-2 change.

I strike out Manzella with a 3-2 splitter to start the 4th. Cabrera hits it to the wall in right field, but it's a long out. I strike out Napoli with a 1-2 outside slider.

Segui with an RBI single in the 5th to give us a 1-0 lead.

Cavazos hits a 1-2 slider hard down the left field line and it bounces off the Green Monster for a double. Bartlett with a ground ball to 1st to advance the runner. 1 out. Wilson Cotts hits a 1-1 fastball to deep left for the sac fly. I strike out Mazella with a 1-2 splitter to end the inning.

Cabrera rips a very hard ground ball that gets into left field for a single to start the 7th. Napoli hits a 2-1 fastball right at Fielder.. he catches it and tags out Cabrera who was just a few steps off the bag! Mitcheltree with a single into center. Michael Cuddyer taps a 0-2 change back to me for the final out of the inning.

Konerko with a solo homer in the bottom of the 7th! We lead 2-1.

Armas starts off the 8th with a double down the left field line on a first pitch swing. I'm yanked from the game. Crud. Come on guys. He brings in Ramon Ramirez who is having a very good year.

Ramon gets us out of the inning! Taylor Buchholz pitches a perfect 9th for his 7th save. We win the game 3-1!

I get win #14.

7 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 7 K. My ERA drops to 2.29.
Old 03-07-2010, 04:27 PM   #404
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 23, 2017 -

We are a half game ahead of the Yankees and 4 games ahead of the Rays for the Wild Card. Tonight, I'm starting at home vs the Orioles again. The Orioles are 51-75.

I strike out Saucedo with a 2-2 fastball to end the 1st.

A bit of the trouble in the 2nd as Gustavo Flores flares a 2 out single to right and then I hit the next batter. Fortunately, I get the next batter to fly out to right on a 2-2 fastball.

I don't feel right today. I'm allowing hits. My control is off. I just walked the leadoff hitter, Golson, to start the 3rd. My 1-2 slider hangs and Sandy Underwood hits it to left center to put men on 1st and 3rd with 0 outs. Lacey at the plate.. Lacey hits a 2-0 change hard to 3rd where it turns into a 5-4-3 DP surrendering the run. Saucedo flies out to the warning track to end the inning.

I strike out Conor Jackson looking at a 2-2 splitter for the 2nd out of the 4th. Flores gets another hit off me, a line drive to left field for a single. Rosen with a liner to center for a single, but Flores goes for 3rd and Jacoby guns him down. Picking me up there.

Pedroia with a solo homer to tie it at 1.

My first pitch of the 5th is lined to right center for a single. I need to bear down now. Golson flies out to center on a 0-2 change. Underwood hits a 2-0 splitter hard at Pedroia for a 4-6-3 DP.

Lacey starts off the 6th with a single that barely got by Fielder. Saucedo with a single down the left field line and we have men on 1st and 3rd with 0 outs. Sigh. 1st pitch Saucedo steals 2nd, a wild throw allows Lacey to score from 3rd. I lose my control and throw a walk on 5 pitches. Skipper is pulling me. Darn it.

Our team picks it up in the 8th with a 2 run homer by DeJesus and the bullpen holds. We win the game 3-2. Enrique Gonzalez gets the win for us.

5 IP, 8 H, 2 ER, 2 BB, 2 K.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:26 PM   #405
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 29, 2017 -

We are a game ahead of the Yankees as I prepare to start at Texas.

Pedroia with a RBI double gives us a 1-0 lead before I even take the mound.

After giving up a leadoff single, I strike out Trammell with a 2-2 change. Siegel hits into a 5-4-3 DP to end the inning.

We add 3 more runs in the 2nd as Fielder and Hayden knock in runs. 4-0 lead.

I strike out Mudd with a 3-2 fastball to start the bottom of the 2nd. I strike out Saltamachia looking at a 0-2 slider on the outside corner. I strike out Taylor Teagarden with a 2-2 100 MPH fastball to end the inning and strike out the side.

I strike out Quiroz with a 0-2 splitter for the 2nd out of the 3rd. I strike out Royster with a 2-2 fastball to get out of the 3rd after allowing a double to Corey Patterson.

We now have a 6-0 lead as I take the mound in the 4th.

I strike out Trammell looking at a 1-2 backdoor slider to start the 4th.

A leadoff walk and a single have gotten me into a bit of trouble to start the 5th. A 1-2 fastball pops up Girard to short. 1 out. I strike out Quiroz with a 3-2 splitter. I strike out Corey Patterson with a 2-2 splitter to end the inning. 9 strikeouts this game already.

I strike out Siegel with a 2-2 fastball to end the 6th.

I give up a single to Mudd to start the 7th. WTF!?! I get pulled!?! I've got plenty left and I'm pitching a gem.

Justin Masterson comes in to finish the inning.

We win the game 8-2 and I get my 15th win.

6 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, and 10 K.
Old 03-27-2010, 12:38 PM   #406
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 3, 2017 -

I accidently quick simmed this game. I got a no-decision and we lost in the 11th inning, 5-3 to the Blue Jays. I pitched 6.2 inning giving up 2 ER. I walked 2 and struck out 9.

Sep 8, 2017 -

We have won our last 4 and I feel good about my chances of keeping it going against the Twins, especially since they are trotting out a Rookie pitcher who was lit up in his 1st start of the year last week. We are 2 games ahead of the Yankees.

As I take the mound, we have a 2-0 lead on a 2 run homer by Fielder.

Tory Miller with a chopper up the middle for a single to start the game. I need to be careful with Justin Morneau now. He is hitting .337 with 32 HR's. Navarro guns down Miller on a steal attempt. Morneau hits a 0-2 splitter into right field for a single. A 1-2 fastball gets away from me and hits Gary. Wiki Macias steps up to the plate. He is hitting .239 with 30 HR's. I strike him out with a 2-2 fastball. Monty Brantley is up next. He's hitting .250 with 14 HR's. He grounds out to short to end the inning.

I strike out PRessley with a 1-2 fastball for the 2nd out of the 2nd.

We put up 5 runs in the top of the 3rd. 7-0 lead.

Morneau hits a 2 out 0-2 fastball into right center for a single. I strike out Macias with a high 1-2 fastball.

We now lead 8-0.

9-0 lead as I take the mound in the 5th.

I strike out Pedro Silva with a 1-2 splitter for the 2nd out in the 5th. I strike out Alexi Casilla with a 0-2 100 MPH outside fastball to end the inning.

Miller with a single to left center to start the 6th. I get Morneau to keep it on the ground, but it is hard and gets past Roberts at short. Sigh. I get yanked as skipper wants to keep me rested for the playoffs.

Wes Littleton gets us out of the inning with no damage.

We win the game 12-1. I get my 16th win.

5 IP, 6H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 5 K.
Old 03-27-2010, 01:06 PM   #407
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 13, 2017 -

We are on a 9 game winning streak. Time for me to get lucky #10 here in Toronto. We are now 90-55 and 2.5 games ahead of the Yankees for the division.

Start off with Teddy Nash, a .330 hitter with speed and a bit of pop. I get robbed on 2 calls and walk the leadoff hitter. Nigel Tovar, a .300 hitter with 18 HR's is up next. He drills it to Pedroia for a 4-6-3 DP. I strike out Goodrich with a 3-2 fastball to end the inning.

Emilio Alcantara, a .230 hitter with 22 HR's, starts off the 2nd by hitting a 1-2 slider into right center for a single. Carlos Lee lines out to right field.

We get 2 runs in the top of the 3rd on a 2 run homer by Fielder.

Nunez hits a 1-1 fastball off the fists, but it drops in shallow right for a single. Vizcaino hits a 2-2 slider hard right at Fielder, but he can't handle it. Men on 1st and 2nd with 0 outs. Teddy Nash is back at the plate. Nash flies out to left on the 1st pitch. Nigel Tovar hits a 2-2 slider into right center for a RBI single. Men on 1st and 3rd. Navarro guns out Tovar trying to steal 2nd. I strike out Goodrich with a 3-2 low fastball to end the inning.

Oh crud. Emilio Alcantara hits a VERY high pop into right field, but Hayden just drops it! That error puts him on 3rd. Carlos Lee grounds a 0-2 fastball deep into the hole at 3rd and that drives the runner in. Tied at 2. I strike out Vernon Wells with a 2-2 fastball to end the inning.

I'm mad now. I start off the 5th by setting up Nunez with 2 hard inside fastballs that he fouls off and then an outside sliders strikes him out. Nunez hits a 1-1 fastball into deep left center for a double. Teddy Nash hits my first pitch, an inside fastball down the left field line for a RBI double. I strike out Tovar with a 1-2 splitter. Down 3-2 after 5.

Roberts picks me up with a 2 run homer!

1-2-3 6th. 1-2-3 7th.

Skipper still pulls me after 7.

We win the game 4-3 as Hatteburgh allows 2 hits but no runs in the 8th. Rodriguez pitches a perfect 9th for his 40th save of the year.

I get win #17! 7 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 5 K.
Old 05-18-2010, 02:03 PM   #408
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Well...did you make the playoffs?
Old 05-18-2010, 02:37 PM   #409
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
Well...did you make the playoffs?

I've been hooked on my 2010 Phillies Franchise, but I'm still planning on getting back to this (particularly since the latest patch issues will probably have me hold off on playing that game for a bit.) However, while playing with my 2010 franchise, I've learned a very important strategy with pitching that has made my pitching much more effective. So, I'm definitely looking forward to picking up this career.
Old 05-22-2010, 11:49 AM   #410
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 18, 2017 -

We have a nice lead over the Yankees, but tonight I have a chance to make it even bigger and almost finish it off. I have to watch out for Swisher and Mark Texeira.

I strike out Mark with a 3-2 fastball to end the 1st. 1-2-3 1st.

I strike out Swisher with 1-2 outside fastball to start the 2nd.

A 1 out walk costs me as Dorsey Katteras knocks in the run with a 2 out single to right center. The inning continues to give me trouble as Melky Cabrera hits it to right center for a single and then a curve ball gets away from me and hits the batter. Jose Reyes (top of the order) is back up with bases loaded and 2 outs..

I strike out Reyes with a 2-2 splitter at the knees.

In the 3rd with Mark on 1st, I strike out Swisher with a 3-2 fastball.

After I get screwed on 2 ball calls, Brandon Phillips hits a 2-0 slider deep over the Green Monster. We are down 2-0.

I strike out Keith Underwood looking at a 0-2 fastball at the knees on the outside corner to end the 4th.

I strike out Reyes with a 1-2 change to start the 5th.

Swisher starts out the 6th by hitting a 0-2 slider off the end of his bat down the right field line for a double. I walk the next batter and get pulled. No chance at the win tonight.

We lose 3-0 as Joba Chamblerain pitches a 3 hit complete game shutout.

5 IP, 6 H, 2 ER, 2 BB, 6 K.