Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-06-2018, 03:44 PM   #551
miami_fan
Coordinator

Wolves v. Cardiff was amazing!
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946

Last edited by miami_fan : 04-06-2018 at 08:08 PM.
miami_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 02:35 PM   #552
whomario
Pro Starter

crazy story out of Portugal where the president of Sporting Lisbon went totally off the rails after his team lost 0-2 to Atletico Madrid, acting like this was some sort of inexcusable occurence against a club reaching the semi-final of the CL in 3 of the last 4 seasons

Sporting Lisbon president Bruno de Carvalho suspends 19 first-team players
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 03:13 PM   #553
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
crazy story out of Portugal where the president of Sporting Lisbon went totally off the rails after his team lost 0-2 to Atletico Madrid, acting like this was some sort of inexcusable occurence against a club reaching the semi-final of the CL in 3 of the last 4 seasons

This can only happen in Portugal...

and in Greece: Olympiakos players fined sent on holiday following poor results
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 08:24 PM   #554
miked
College Starter

It's US Soccer, but ATLUTD rolls again with a 5-0 win over LAFC. Liking the replay, especially since it overturned a red card on ATL after the LA player flopped over. Can't imagine they would have won with a player sent off in the first minute.
Old 04-12-2018, 09:55 PM   #555
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post

ive felt that way man o times in my FM saves. always disappointed i couldnt curse out the team publicly in game
Old 04-13-2018, 12:30 AM   #556
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

So, ESPN + Launched and will have a metric ton of english soccer througout next season (league cup, championship, and even some lower level stuff, like a League One game yesterday the 12th
Old 04-20-2018, 05:00 AM   #557
miami_fan
Coordinator

https://www.arsenal.com/news/merci-arsene

Quote:
“After careful consideration and following discussions with the club, I feel it is the right time for me to step down at the end of the season.

“I am grateful for having had the privilege to serve the club for so many memorable years.

“I managed the club with full commitment and integrity.

“I want to thank the staff, the players, the Directors and the fans who make this club so special.

“I urge our fans to stand behind the team to finish on a high.

“To all the Arsenal lovers take care of the values of the club.

"My love and support for ever.”

Arsene Wenger

"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 04-24-2018, 02:36 PM   #558
kingfc22
Head Coach

Mo Salah continues to be out of this world with his play this season.

That first goal...
Old 05-05-2018, 02:09 PM   #559
miami_fan
Coordinator

Sir Alex Ferguson undergoes emergency surgery for brain haemorrhage | Football | The Guardian
Old 05-08-2018, 03:56 PM   #560
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Fucking Swansea City, man. Just....what a deplorable piece of shit performance.
Old 05-08-2018, 04:38 PM   #561
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIJB#19 View Post
So, the UEFA Champions League kicks off in a couple of minutes...

After mulling over it for a couple of days, I have sent a letter to UEFA that after 22 years I decided to stop watching UEFA Champions' League matches, explicitly calling the absurdity surrounding Paris SG and their transfers with FC Barcelona and AS Monaco as the final straw. I highly doubt one man can make a difference, but I figured if I'm going to take a decision to boycott, I'd at least take the courtesy to let UEFA know I wish them the best in restoring the credibility of the competition. But as it is now, they've lost 1 of their 100,000,000s of fans.

I wonder how long I will be able to hesitate and actually uphold my decision...
7 months later, nearly three weeks before the final. I've managed to hold ground all the way through the semi finals. About an hour ago, I've sent UEFA a follow up, because to date they haven't responded to my first letter. Honestly, I didn't even expect them to, because I have enough experience with UEFA not even providing a "thank you" after they fixed mistakes in articles after I gave them a friendly "that article is wrong".

In my second letter, I was explicit about not going to change my mind for the 2018/2019 season if Paris SG and FC Barcelona (amongst others) are not sanctioned for violation of the spirit of what Financial Fair Play was set up for. These three clubs (I forgot to explicitly mention AS Monaco), have further polluted what already was a pond loaded with toxic waste, figuratively.

Four weeks ago, an article in the leading soccer magazine in the Netherlands, Voetbal International, pointed out that TV ratings (edit: for the live Champions League games) in the Netherlands have been down more than 50% compared to last season. Granted, losing half of the Netherlands' 1.3M viewers is just a tiny bit on the total viewers market, but clearly the overall interest has plummeted. It wasn't queried why people lost interest, I suspect overloading the competition with teams from the big leagues and the downfall of the Dutch clubs has a bigger impact here than the Paris SG silliness.

Or maybe not. FC Twente, just eight years ago Dutch champions, relegated for the first time in 34 years. The overall sentiment amongst fans of other clubs was blunt: Twente got what they deserve after violating national financial fair play rules, which already prohibited them from playing in UEFA competitions. Eight years ago, the country was happy about a non-big club winning the league. And now mismanagement has made them fall deep. The mocking was even worse than that of clubs with oil money owners.

Last edited by MIJB#19 : 05-08-2018 at 04:41 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 05-14-2018, 01:45 PM   #562
miami_fan
Coordinator

Let’s go Fulham! Time to clinch a spot at Wembley!
Old 05-14-2018, 03:35 PM   #563
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Some of the World Cup preliminary rosters have come out today, and Jonathan Gonzalez, the 19 year old, who did a one time switch from the US to Mexico earlier this year (he could have done it any time before he turned 21) was not on that provisional roster. In addition, he appears to have lost his starting gig with Monterrey. He may be regretting that switch a little bit.
Old 05-20-2018, 10:41 PM   #564
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Inter Milan won the winner take all final match of the Serie A season against Lazio and got the 4th Champions League spot. All Lazio needed was a tie to get the spot, but a goal in the 81st minute got Inter the 3-2 win.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 02:10 PM   #565
miami_fan
Coordinator

Unai Emery set to be appointed new Arsenal manager replacing Arsene Wenger - BBC Sport

Looks like it’s Emery in.
Old 05-26-2018, 11:02 AM   #567
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Let’s go Fulham! Time to clinch a spot in the EPL

Updated
Old 05-26-2018, 11:52 AM   #568
miami_fan
Coordinator

45 minutes to go. Hopefully we don’t end up regretting those missed chances.
Old 05-26-2018, 12:06 PM   #569
Critch
lolzcat

Hope Fulham win because their goalkeepers name sounds like Bert and Ernie.

Should be a couple up by now, and maybe down to 10 men.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 12:32 PM   #570
miami_fan
Coordinator

Have to do this the hard way.
Old 05-26-2018, 12:59 PM   #571
miami_fan
Coordinator

YES! We are coming for you City!

Ok, not so much but we are back in the top flight. Yay!
Old 05-26-2018, 02:15 PM   #572
miami_fan
Coordinator

Well this is some shit.
Old 05-26-2018, 02:20 PM   #573
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Apparently Salah's injury broke Twitter because it's down (at least for me).
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 05-26-2018 at 02:20 PM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 02:58 PM   #574
bhlloy
Coordinator

Klopp has done an incredible job, but that’s what you get when you start Karius in a Champions League final.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 02:59 PM   #575
miami_fan
Coordinator

That goal was something I would have seen on my son's U8 team back in the day.
Old 05-26-2018, 03:06 PM   #576
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Klopp has done an incredible job, but that’s what you get when you start Karius in a Champions League final.

To be fair, he has gotten one howler and two incredible saves.
Old 05-26-2018, 03:07 PM   #577
bhlloy
Coordinator

aka the David James ratio
Old 05-26-2018, 03:12 PM   #578
bhlloy
Coordinator

If Real is going to win the only thing that will make it remotely palatable for me is if Bale shuts up some of his critics.

And that is one way to do it, I guess?

Last edited by bhlloy : 05-26-2018 at 03:12 PM.
Old 05-26-2018, 03:30 PM   #579
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post

Ok now I concede the point
Old 05-26-2018, 03:40 PM   #580
miami_fan
Coordinator

Serious question. Is Zidane is a good manager yet?
Old 05-31-2018, 09:58 AM   #581
Critch
lolzcat

Quote:
Serious question. Is Zidane is a good manager yet?

He's an unemployed manager. Quit at his press conference today, says it's time for a "new message".
Old 05-31-2018, 10:56 AM   #582
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critch View Post
He's an unemployed manager. Quit at his press conference today, says it's time for a "new message".

Yeah I saw that. I think that was the move for him Three years, three CL titles. Out. Next year, someone has to win the CL to be considered an equal to Zidane. He also gets little if any blame if Bale or Ronaldo leave. Well played by him.
Old 05-31-2018, 11:13 AM   #583
MIJB#19
Coordinator

It's Real Madrid, it's a miracle he got a chance to stay around for 2 1/2 seasons with only 1 league title. I suspect Zidane was never going to get through the winter of next season anyway.
Old 05-31-2018, 04:06 PM   #584
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah I saw that. I think that was the move for him Three years, three CL titles. Out. Next year, someone has to win the CL to be considered an equal to Zidane. He also gets little if any blame if Bale or Ronaldo leave. Well played by him.

Yep. One of the smartest retirement timings ever.
Old 06-04-2018, 02:13 PM   #585
miami_fan
Coordinator

Liverpool's Loris Karius suffered concussion in Champions League final

Well this is interesting. Excuse or explanation?
Old 06-04-2018, 02:15 PM   #586
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Well considering it was Mass General who said he had a concussion, I would say it's an explanation. Generally American hospitals aren't in the business of making excuse diagnoses for European sports clubs .
Old 06-04-2018, 06:37 PM   #587
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Well considering it was Mass General who said he had a concussion, I would say it's an explanation. Generally American hospitals aren't in the business of making excuse diagnoses for European sports clubs .

Anyone else find it odd they shipped Karis all the way to the U.S. to get this diagnosis?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 06:48 PM   #588
bhlloy
Coordinator

I find it very strange. Putting somebody with concussion symptoms on a plane isn’t the best idea, and I have no idea why one of the biggest clubs in the world doesn’t have doctors who can diagnose a concussion properly?

The article does say he’s in California for vacation, so maybe a stopover? Weird all around.
Old 06-04-2018, 06:52 PM   #589
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Probably a Patriots doctor.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 07:35 PM   #590
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Liverpool's Loris Karius suffered concussion in Champions League final

Well this is interesting. Excuse or explanation?

Makes sense after the shot in the head he took from that dirtbag Ramos.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 09:37 PM   #591
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Probably a Patriots doctor.
Well, Red Sox.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 10:17 PM   #592
Critch
lolzcat

Just making excuses in the hope the liverpool fans will stop sending Karius and his family death threats over twitter.
Old 06-05-2018, 06:40 AM   #593
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Anyone else find it odd they shipped Karis all the way to the U.S. to get this diagnosis?

He was off to the US for a holiday anyway, so no shipping off necessary.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 11:42 AM   #594
Critch
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar v2 View Post
Interesting. Amazon have been filming City for a prime exclusive due to be released sometime this year.

August 17th, looks good:

Old 07-26-2018, 11:46 PM   #595
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

El trafico is like the best thing ever! Another improbable comeback by the Galaxy. Started again by Zlatan (this time on a great cross)!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk