Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-28-2019, 04:35 PM   #301
miami_fan
Coordinator

They have a ways to go reach some of the US men's basketball teams, but that is progress to gender equality.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 04:00 PM   #302
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
They have a ways to go reach some of the US men's basketball teams, but that is progress to gender equality.

This was exactly my sent8ment whenI made my comment to my kids, they’re up there with some of the USMNBT, and that is saying a lot.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 04:41 PM   #303
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
USUALLY
It's been explained that way, yes. A referee on dutch tv said (along these lines): It wasn't hand ball, but I can see why it was called and that was the right decision to make.

In volleyball we don't have these kind of debatable rules. Okay, there are some that aren't cut and dry, but usually the rules aren't confusing.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 05:29 PM   #304
miami_fan
Coordinator

Request for all league officials:

Just in case this is not something that happens normally. Can you please go to every club during preseason and sit down with the goalkeepers and explain the rules for staying on the line during penalties? We don't need a five minute explanation before each kick.

Thanks!
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 07-02-2019, 11:35 PM   #305
PilotMan
Head Coach

Mexico has fought a hard working Haitian team, but they just got a gift with that.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 08:47 PM   #306
miami_fan
Coordinator

Lovely movement by USMNT for that goal.
Old 07-07-2019, 12:23 PM   #307
miami_fan
Coordinator

One final down. Two more to go
Old 07-07-2019, 08:52 PM   #308
PilotMan
Head Coach

Can the US see this through tonight?

Like Steam?

Old 07-07-2019, 08:59 PM   #309
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
One final down. Two more to go

Two? I know the USMNT in the Gold Cup Final but what is the other one?
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 09:35 PM   #310
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
Two? I know the USMNT in the Gold Cup Final but what is the other one?

For me, it was Copa America.
Old 07-07-2019, 09:53 PM   #311
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
For me, it was Copa America.

Ah go it:-)
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 10:03 PM   #312
bhlloy
Coordinator

I know Altidore is more than just a poacher but you absolutely have to hit the target with that chance he had in the first half. Completely different game if he takes that chance.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 10:30 PM   #313
PilotMan
Head Coach

Can't say they didn't have their chances.

Like Steam?

Old 07-08-2019, 04:14 AM   #314
RainMaker
General Manager

Why is Bradley still playing on that team?
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 06:51 AM   #315
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post

He’s better than Trapp in international play?
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 11:12 AM   #316
Bisbo
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post

I'm not watching another USMNT game unless/until Bradley is cut. He is useless, unless you like backwards passes. Can't play D. Loses challenges. A total waste of space.
Bisbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 11:21 AM   #317
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
He’s better than Trapp in international play?

Correct answer. Also Adams is injured (though he was experimented as a RB/DCM hybrid in pre GC friendlies - which wasn't actually used in the Gold Cup).

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 07-08-2019 at 11:27 AM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 11:36 AM   #318
bob
College Starter

https://twitter.com/GoldCup/status/1148082461651472385

Official GoldCup2019 Best XI

Last edited by bob : 07-08-2019 at 11:39 AM.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 12:33 PM   #319
PilotMan
Head Coach

Yeah, Mckennie over Bradley was my thought too. I haven't been impressed with Bradley in years. He's an insanely hard worker, but gives the ball away much too often. I know it's a hard position, and thankless, but he just doesn't get it done. I can't see him in that role in another world cup and think it's a good thing.

Like Steam?

Old 07-08-2019, 12:39 PM   #320
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

McKennie was pretty bad in the final as well. The only goal came from his mark (Jona dos Santos), who had left McKennie behind like 15 yards ago.
Old 07-08-2019, 02:13 PM   #321
Arles
Grey Dog Software

I was pretty encouraged by the chances and the team looked like the better squad in the first half. You just can't miss 2-3 high level chances and beat a better team.

The good: Cannon, Miazga, Pulisic, Arriola - All these guys played well and are all under 24. That's very promising for this team. Cannon came out on fire and one of Mexico's best adjustments was to move Pizarro away from him in the second. Pulisic needed to finish better, but was great on the ball. Arriola was all over the field and made some big defensive plays. Miazga was steady - which is sight for sore eyes as a US center back.

The bad: McKennie, Altidore, Morris. McKennie was mostly at fault on the goal and just never could get going. But, he had built enough equity to get a pass. Altidore looked like a 70s Buick out there taking up space. I thought he was effective early on but missed his big chance. I think switching from the direct style really hurt his value in the 2nd. Morris was pretty much useless in a big potential role and was sloppy.

The ugly: Bradley - Had atleast three big giveaways and was beaten regularly. Maybe he is the best the US has at this spot - but that's a depressing thought.

In terms of coaching, I still don't understand why we switched from the direct style that was giving Mexico fits and went to a more possession/short pass attack that played right in their hands. I would have subbed in Zardes for Morris at half and kept playing longer balls off Zardes and Altidore. But having the team play short on goal kicks was painful to watch. The moment the ball hit Bradley or Ream, it seemed destined to go to Mexico.

Last edited by Arles : 07-08-2019 at 02:16 PM.
Arles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 03:02 PM   #322
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Me? I'm thinking that if he can maintain the status quo with the roster & the personalities mesh then he'll be okay. If not then it could be another short stay.

Atlanta United, Frank de Boer part ways

Well, I kinda got that one right I guess.

Personality clashes from the outset, key players exiting, consistent tactical confusion.