Quote:
Originally Posted by yeah826 View Post
Is their achievement page blank??

Yes, they have no history.
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:18 PM   #252
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

I noticed you can't select a FBCB Import League when creating a new league unless it's a league that has already produced a draft class. This would cause issues if you wanted to start a college and pro league side-by-side. It looks like you can workaround this by putting a dummy draft file into the new college draftfile folder.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:37 PM   #253
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar v2 View Post
I noticed you can't select a FBCB Import League when creating a new league unless it's a league that has already produced a draft class. This would cause issues if you wanted to start a college and pro league side-by-side. It looks like you can workaround this by putting a dummy draft file into the new college draftfile folder.

I've just had my college league producing draft classes well ahead for me. Partially because I like having a history and also because I wanted to purge the game of the original players it loaded with and only have import classes showing after.

There's no draft in the first year anyway, so it'd just be a matter of starting your pro league in say, 1989 and your college league in 1990 and then when the '89 season is over, you've got a draft class starting for 1990.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:42 PM   #254
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyReign View Post
Did you run the full install and maybe click no when it asks about overwriting the 2012 league file and player file?

might be How do i fix that without wasting a key as far as elicense goes?

@ sovereign: Could be the same sort iīve noticed, game seems to fill up the roster file with random created players. Actually i think that starting in the preseason stage might fix it, dunno though if that works when more than the NBA is active...

Also, how exactly do you set it up ? If i choose FBCB import for the NBA, what do i set for the other leagues ? If i set it to fictional, do the FBCB guys still go over to theese leagues if not good enough for the NBA ? Or if on FBCB imports, does the league still create players of that nationality ?

And for the NBA, on FBCB import, are their still international draftees created ??
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 04-13-2013 at 02:02 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:43 PM   #255
Johnny93g
College Starter

Quote:
Could you send me the save? If you revert back to 3.0.2 does it happen?

Yes, i just tried it on all three builds. I then tried to create a new league, save it, and load it again, and each time I got the same error. I will send the files via email right now. Thanks
BBCF: Notre Dame
TML

Last edited by Johnny93g : 04-13-2013 at 01:43 PM.
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:19 PM   #256
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Looking at my first sim and I'm seeing several guys like this. This player was cut 85 times in a single season. Fictional NBA-only league with FBCB draft imports.

This is on my radar I just haven't got to it yet. That is one of the more impressive examples of it though.
HeavyReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:23 PM   #257
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Is it normal for guys with >0 Experience to show up in free agency without any history at all? I'm not sure where they are coming from. They have no college history as well.

This is coming from the code making sure there are enough players in the league universe. I'll knock their quality down some more and make sure they come in with 0 exp.
Old 04-13-2013, 02:30 PM   #258
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

In order to run the leagues side by side, I do believe the manual import will work much better for you. What you do is copy the FBCB draft file over to the draft files folder. You can locate this folder by going to Draft Files under the tools menu and choosing "Open Folder". Then go to the Current League Editor and set the dropdown to Draft Pool and select your league. Then press import and the game will display the list of draft files to choose from. Eventually it might be possible to set up the college game to export a preseason draft file that would then get replaced at the end of the season by the official one. This would allow you to use the preseason file initially and then replace it with the actual one before the draft.
Old 04-13-2013, 02:34 PM   #259
mgsports
n00b

E. League Option like the Computer automatically expanding? Teams been Sold and new Owner moving Teams? Teams Switching or adding DL or so on League Team? DL Expanding by Computer?

Pick how long Offseason Free-Agent Period is somebody wants 30 they can have it 30 or it I want it like in it is real life then I can have it go that long and pick what happens in Offseason. Also in curge Trades at the Draft.
mgsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:35 PM   #260
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
might be How do i fix that without wasting a key as far as elicense goes?

If you rerun the full setup it won't do anything to your license. In theory you could uninstall the game and reinstall it in a month and the license should still be saved to the computer.

Quote:
Also, how exactly do you set it up ? If i choose FBCB import for the NBA, what do i set for the other leagues ? If i set it to fictional, do the FBCB guys still go over to theese leagues if not good enough for the NBA ? Or if on FBCB imports, does the league still create players of that nationality ? And for the NBA, on FBCB import, are their still international draftees created ??

If you use FBCB import for the NBA, you'll still get the international players that are already a part of the FBCB draft class. There won't be extra ones created specifically for the NBA though. FBCB import basically takes over 100% of the player creation for that league. Those players will be eligible to later sign with the other leagues though.
Old 04-13-2013, 02:44 PM   #261
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Not necessarily saying this should never happen, but.. #1 overall 2014 recruit signs with Syracuse, scores 17 a game, and decides to go pro after his freshmen year. He's goes undrafted in FBPB and he is now nowhere to be found in the league database midway thru the season after the draft. Ouch! Perhaps if I had some additional leagues set up he'd be playing somewhere ... (?)

Last edited by sovereignstar v2 : 04-13-2013 at 02:45 PM.
Old 04-13-2013, 02:48 PM   #262
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Quote:
In order to run the leagues side by side, I do believe the manual import will work much better for you. What you do is copy the FBCB draft file over to the draft files folder. You can locate this folder by going to Draft Files under the tools menu and choosing "Open Folder". Then go to the Current League Editor and set the dropdown to Draft Pool and select your league. Then press import and the game will display the list of draft files to choose from. Eventually it might be possible to set up the college game to export a preseason draft file that would then get replaced at the end of the season by the official one. This would allow you to use the preseason file initially and then replace it with the actual one before the draft.

Great. I would probably manage without either of those options, but more the merrier!
Old 04-13-2013, 03:49 PM   #263
yeah826
High School JV

Quote:
Not necessarily saying this should never happen, but.. #1 overall 2014 recruit signs with Syracuse, scores 17 a game, and decides to go pro after his freshmen year. He's goes undrafted in FBPB and he is now nowhere to be found in the league database midway thru the season after the draft. Ouch! Perhaps if I had some additional leagues set up he'd be playing somewhere ... (?)

Hmm that never happened to me someone with those credentials usually get drafted unless he was undersized and unathletic??
yeah826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 03:53 PM   #264
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny93g View Post
Yes, i just tried it on all three builds. I then tried to create a new league, save it, and load it again, and each time I got the same error. I will send the files via email right now. Thanks

This is related to your date format. The game wasn't looking for any dates with the year first. I think I have it fixed now pending tests.
Old 04-13-2013, 03:54 PM   #265
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:

If you want to send me that draft file I can tell you what happened.
Old 04-13-2013, 04:09 PM   #266
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Quote:
If you want to send me that draft file I can tell you what happened.

Extension changed and attached. Player is Stephan Wert.

Last edited by sovereignstar v2 : 03-10-2018 at 01:21 PM.
Old 04-13-2013, 04:23 PM   #267
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

I created a test game and added a dev league this time around. He was picked 64th overall in the dev league draft, then started 1/2 of his teams games while averaging 14.2 ppg. Was also named All-League. Doesn't look like he has the attributes to make it to the next level though.

Last edited by sovereignstar v2 : 04-13-2013 at 04:26 PM.
Old 04-13-2013, 04:33 PM   #268
whomario
Pro Starter

am i the only one to find the draft process too transparent ? Why are all ratings displayed with no scouting component ?

One thing i love abou the ddspb games is the ability of playing without any ratings displayed (only stats and the scouting reports)
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
Old 04-13-2013, 04:39 PM   #269
yeah826
High School JV

Quote:
am i the only one to find the draft process too transparent ? Why are all ratings displayed with no scouting component ?

One thing i love abou the ddspb games is the ability of playing without any ratings displayed (only stats and the scouting reports)

The scouting is there Ive drafted tons of guys who my scouts say are good but end up being bust.
Old 04-13-2013, 04:40 PM   #270
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

The displayed ratings are through the eyes of your scout. There is certainly some error built in there.
Old 04-13-2013, 04:45 PM   #271
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
The displayed ratings are through the eyes of your scout. There is certainly some error built in there.

ah, that makes sense then as iīve merely simmed in "spectator mode" without creating a coach

also, would it be possible to create a sort of overview page as the landing spot in the player profile that combines some important things ? F.e. current season stats + major career awards + career highs + current conmtract ? (all on one page)

another thing : Is there a search engine somewhere in the game to filter free agents by stats/ratings ? (Or to look for players from a certain college f.e.)

also, it seems that fbcb imports now are too good by a bit maybe, in my current run in 2017 11 of 15 spots on the all nba teams are new.

Block numbers seem a little inflated, guys like stemsma and mozgov (16 of 20 rating) have 3.5+.

Last edited by whomario : 04-13-2013 at 04:56 PM.
Old 04-13-2013, 06:32 PM   #272
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Small request for the archives: Can you add a 'championships won' category to the career statistics? It would be cool to just pull up a list to see who has the most titles in the history of the league. I know it is recorded under each player page, so I figure it would be easy to compile a list somehow.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:15 PM   #273
yeah826
High School JV

Quote:
another thing : Is there a search engine somewhere in the game to filter free agents by stats/ratings ? (Or to look for players from a certain college f.e.)

Block numbers seem a little inflated, guys like stemsma and mozgov (16 of 20 rating) have 3.5+.

You can go to potential and sort by ratings there.

Im not seeing any of those block stats from those guys only people with over 3 bpg in the 2012 file is L.Sanders Serge Ibaka
Old 04-13-2013, 09:17 PM   #274
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

It may have already been mentioned, but you cannot double click a player from the depth chart screen to pull up their card. You can do this in the college game.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:22 PM   #275
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

I wasn't content making the playoffs every year with role players so I decided to gut my team and make a free agency splash. One problem. The three guys I got turned out to be the equivalent of Vin Baker, Allan Houston and Stephen Marbury. Somehow I think the highest pass rating on my team was a 6. And I definitely paid the price for it.

I was stuck in salary cap hell for four years as my perennial playoff team vied for the lottery every year. And for some strange reason, I loved every minute of it.

The game never fails to impress and surprise me. I have been playing the college version for the past ten years or so and you would think I would know the game well enough not to get completely burned like this. I think the major flaw in my thinking is in the college game I am used to ratings always getting better. In the pro game, players eventually get worse. You would think this would be obvious, but I had some players decline earlier than expected and it really threw my team off. There is nothing worse than completing the offseason and seeing your top player turn from blue to green. I also think the training is harder in this game than in the college game. You are given less points so there are some tough choices to be made on what to have your players concentrate on.

The free agents are gone. The young draft picks are developing. I am back in the playoffs. Lets see if I can win this thing .
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:23 PM   #276
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Manual Hall of Fame isn't working. It'll say they're inducted on their player cards in my league, but they don't appear in the HOF even after simming a year ahead from adding. HOF worked when I let the AI do it automatically, but I set this league to manual, waited 20 or so years to start adding guys and none appear.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:48 AM   #277
Johnny93g
College Starter

So the fix from Heavy Rain worked and I started a historical league from 1946.

I made it a random debut, with real players. I chose the Celtics and quick simmed through the 1st season just to see how it went.

I had the 6th pick in the draft, and was stoked to select Pistol Pete Maravich. I'm to young to have seen him play, but i'm aware of the legend.

I trade away Danny Ainge, my starting shooting guard, and let my former starting PG, Bill Sharman leave via free agency.

The plan is to let Pistol Pete take as many shots and score as many points as he can. I acquire Doc Rivers to play shooting guard, as he isn't a huge scorer.

Anyway, in Pete's 2nd career game, he scores 45!! I'm currently 18 games into the season, and Pete leads the league with 29.3 ppg. He takes 24 shots a game, and gets to the FT line 11 times. He's had a game where he attempted 38 shots already!! His jump shot is a bit raw right now, once it develops, watch out!!!!

Great game.
BBCF: Notre Dame
TML

Last edited by Johnny93g : 04-14-2013 at 12:50 AM.
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:37 AM   #278
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I created an African names file for the pro game, adapted heavily from my college version. I added a few names and a few countries. It's not perfect and someday, I might parcel one out for specific individual African nations, but I tried to build them into this one, but didn't figure this would be popular enough to make that useful.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:00 AM   #279
whomario
Pro Starter

i still donīt get how the hell i can start a 2012 game with the real NBA data and historical records/player stats ... Please help ?

Quote:
If you rerun the full setup it won't do anything to your license. In theory you could uninstall the game and reinstall it in a month and the license should still be saved to the computer.

If you use FBCB import for the NBA, you'll still get the international players that are already a part of the FBCB draft class. There won't be extra ones created specifically for the NBA though. FBCB import basically takes over 100% of the player creation for that league. Those players will be eligible to later sign with the other leagues though.

any chance to combine them at some point ? As it stands now itīs not really viable to run more than the NBA when using FBCB import, or am i missing sth still ?

Last edited by whomario : 04-14-2013 at 04:07 AM.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:04 AM   #280
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

I've included the current player file. Place this in your player files folder. You can find it by going to tools > player file editor and then hit open folder. It will replace the old one you have there.

Start a new game choosing either the historical USBL or the US league with USA 2012.csv as its source. Change the initial player source in the league setup to USA 2012.csv.

2012 league with full player stats won't be possible until after the DB gets updated at the end of the season. The game does not go back and recreate past records at this time. And sorry I'm really tired so I didn't comprehend the entire sentence the first time lol.
Attached Files
File Type: csv USA 2012.csv (109.8 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by HeavyReign : 04-14-2013 at 04:14 AM.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:05 AM   #281
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

******************************************************************************************************************
Version 3.0.4: http://www.fbbgames.com/FBPB3Update304.exe
******************************************************************************************************************
Fixes:
*Transactions log should show correct salary when human gms are hired.
*Injuries html file should be sorted by injury length.
*Expansion drafts should once again occur for automatic expansion teams in historical leagues.
*Filler players should be created with 0 experience.
*Fixed error 5 that could occur while loading a save when using some non-us date formats.
*Fixed possible error 9 on draft preview screen.
*Historical leagues should no longer start with teams having arenas with no build date.
*Updated USBA files and historical db so players for each team should now import properly
*Fixed another bug that caused active players to not show up on each team's career leaders reports.
*Double-clicking a player name on the depth chart screen should bring up the player profile.
*Add to HOF button should only be enabled if you have a specific league selected unless the player only appeared in one league.
*Hall of Fame screen should display players from the correct league when it first loads.
*Leagues that become active in the middle of a career should not hold a draft in their first season.
*Leagues that become active in the middle of a career should use the correct player source.

Changes:
*Decreased the quality of filler players.
*Display no longer defaults to signings when processing a single day in the fa period.
*Enabled the option to filter the historical db screen by league.
*Enabled the option to choose either all players, USBL players, or USBA players when using the historical db.
*League news will be saved to news.dat instead of inside league.dat.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:14 AM   #282
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
I've included the current player file. Place this in your player files folder. You can find it by going to tools > player file editor and then hit open folder. It will replace the old one you have there.

Start a new game choosing either the historical USBL or the US league with USA 2012.csv as its source. Change the initial player source in the league setup to USA 2012.csv.

still no career player stats that way When i start in 2011 in the historical league, every player has prior career stats, is that not possible for a 2012 league start ? Basically i want to start in 2012 with all the history in the file.
If i choose the historical league and 2012 start date with historical DB player source, the file is empty. If i choose the 2012 player file there are players but with no history.

Also, what happens when i start in, say, 2005 with yearly player source as historical and then reach 2013. Will the game create players for the draft from that point on or can i tell it to use FBCB files then as well ?

Last edited by whomario : 04-14-2013 at 04:18 AM.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:26 AM   #283
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
still no career player stats that way When i start in 2011 in the historical league, every player has prior career stats, is that not possible for a 2012 league start ? Basically i want to start in 2012 with all the history in the file.
If i choose the historical league and 2012 start date with historical DB player source, the file is empty. If i choose the 2012 player file there are players but with no history.

Also, what happens when i start in, say, 2005 with yearly player source as historical and then reach 2013. Will the game create players for the draft from that point on or can i tell it to use FBCB files then as well ?

I've had a suggestion to make it so that when using player files it will check the DB for the player and add the stats if found. I'd like to add that but hard to say when I'll get to it. I'm kind of in feedback overload this week. I'm planning on updating the DB itself to 2012 next weekend. It will be possible to do 2012 with full stats then.

If you start in 2005, you can use the historical db until the 2011 class gets added. After that point it would use use fictional players but you can change the setting to FBCB imports at any time.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:30 AM   #284
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Thanks for the patch, HR. Take a nap man. We can wait.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:35 AM   #285
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
I've had a suggestion to make it so that when using player files it will check the DB for the player and add the stats if found. I'd like to add that but hard to say when I'll get to it. I'm kind of in feedback overload this week. I'm planning on updating the DB itself to 2012 next weekend. It will be possible to do 2012 with full stats then.

If you start in 2005, you can use the historical db until the 2011 class gets added. After that point it would use use fictional players but you can change the setting to FBCB imports at any time.

thanks on both acounts Will do historical leagues for now to occupy me (and am deep into an amazing FBCB game as well)
Old 04-14-2013, 05:40 AM   #286
whomario
Pro Starter

one more small issue: The imported FBCB players seem a bit old, the game adds a year since it adds them before the season with the age they graduated in FBCB and then they age another year while the season runs. At least thatīs my impression here.
Leads to a lot of 23,24 year old rookies.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:38 AM   #287
Groundhog
Coordinator

Just an idea, for the filler players, how about having them come out of Div 2 or 3 schools? I'd be happy to compile a csv of the different schools in those divisions.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:30 AM   #288
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Just an idea, for the filler players, how about having them come out of Div 2 or 3 schools? I'd be happy to compile a csv of the different schools in those divisions.

Some of us are already putting those kids in as the actual draftees.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:39 AM   #289
mgsports
n00b

Also in file with 2012-13 Stats any chance you add the 2013 Draft Class File and have the Start date be as on the Playoffs?
Calender I like it but can't sim in it past June intill Preseason that is a bum.
Also can't select August 30 as a Trade Deadline Date and can't select when season starts for WNBA. Thanks for the File and I can put the real Arena names in with Date Opened and so on for WNBA.

Last edited by mgsports : 04-14-2013 at 08:16 AM.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:08 AM   #290
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Here are WNBA logos which includes defunct teams from that league. Here's the WNBA CSV, I put all of the teams in a generic arena that seats 10000 and all of the teams in my league play in a small market just to keep it WNBA realistic.

In order for you to generate female players, you need petrel's women's college basketball mod. (I have a separate install on my machine just for WBB so it doesn't infect my men's leagues) and then once that league generates draft classes for you, you should be good to go. To get around the fact that the game generates men at first (because no way I felt like editing my pro league to make it generate women names) I just use the WNBA teams anyway, set the season to 1 game for one season, then the following year women start to enter.

I keep the short-season setup for enough years to get men purged out of the system (20 years to be safe..) and then begin simming in earnest with a full-fledged WNBA season.

Another way would be to have a small league of two teams that ran a short season until that league ended and then have the WNBA come online 20 years into the future, with draft classes prepped for that time.

So for the +/- five people that would want to play this way, here it is.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:28 AM   #291
mgsports
n00b

League Editor doesn't allow TXT saved Files. Where would I put the GFS so they show up in Game.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:49 AM   #292
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Quote:
one more small issue: The imported FBCB players seem a bit old, the game adds a year since it adds them before the season with the age they graduated in FBCB and then they age another year while the season runs. At least thatīs my impression here.
Leads to a lot of 23,24 year old rookies.

I kind of got that impression too and that's what I was testing when I noticed that top Syracuse recruit going undrafted. I had a hard time drawing any conclusions, so didn't post anything. One thing I wanted to ask is whether players in FBCB have birthdates or are merely given an age. There are birthdates in FBB, so I was wondering if players were having a birthdate generated for them when they hit the pro game and maybe that was causing some issues.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:08 AM   #293
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgsports View Post
Also in file with 2012-13 Stats any chance you add the 2013 Draft Class File and have the Start date be as on the Playoffs?
Calender I like it but can't sim in it past June intill Preseason that is a bum.
Also can't select August 30 as a Trade Deadline Date and can't select when season starts for WNBA. Thanks for the File and I can put the real Arena names in with Date Opened and so on for WNBA.

You want a lot of things. He already mentioned he would be updating with the 12-13 stats once the season ended and had time to do it.

After round 1 is complete would you like an updated file to start beginning with round 2?

Last edited by jbergey22 : 04-14-2013 at 09:09 AM.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:42 AM   #294
whomario
Pro Starter

can anybody explain the mechanics of how the ABA is handled by the game ? Are the players coming from the historical DB and then are filled up with fictional players ? Is it all fictional to start ? How do the 2 leagues interact ? What setup should you choose when, say, starting in 1960 ?

It seems starting in 1960 and then vaing the ABA added results in a ton of amazing players added for that league.

Also, how do (as an example) the very low 3pt ratings of NBA players from the 60s impact the game engine ? Or how the game rates them ? (in 2012 a PG with a 0 for 3pt shooting will not be looked upon favourably when teams sign players f.e., how is it in the 60s ?). Is it just not taken into acount at all ?

Quote:
I kind of got that impression too and that's what I was testing when I noticed that top Syracuse recruit going undrafted. I had a hard time drawing any conclusions, so didn't post anything. One thing I wanted to ask is whether players in FBCB have birthdates or are merely given an age. There are birthdates in FBB, so I was wondering if players were having a birthdate generated for them when they hit the pro game and maybe that was causing some issues.

they donīt seem to have one, but when editing a league they do have an age displayed (in game all you see is if they are a freshmen, soph, jun or sen.)
The ages do seem to track, only that itīs that 1 year too high on average, it seems.

a couple issues when playing historically: players donīt play the heavy minutes they used to and thereīs too many tall, good players that the game creates on itīs own (for the ABA ?)
Wilt for example averages around 30 MPG due to heavy, heavy foul trouble. Maybe a fouls modifier ? The "fouling" rating might be an issue here. Question: Is high good for avoiding fouls or does it signify a high tendency to foul ?

also, is there any chance for blocked shots not being counted as a stat ?

as an aside, the 1970 Miami Floridians average 130 points, had a 72-12 season, 2 guys combining for 54 ppg, 18 apg and 9 made 3s on 50%. Talk about entertaining

Last edited by whomario : 04-14-2013 at 09:54 AM.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:29 AM   #295
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

When I go to print all the awards from a year it always shows the current year. So when I try to go back and use the print function it always has the correct year for standings in the past but the awards page will always output the current year.

Code:
1959 NBA Season Summary Awards Award Pos Name Team PPG RPG APG SPG BPG ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- GM of the Year: Michael Behrens Pistons Coach of the Year: Arthur Meeks Warriors Most Valuable Player: PF Bob Pettit Pistons 30.3 8.3 1.7 0.6 0.4 Rookie of the Year: PG Rod Hundley Celtics 9.1 3.4 2.5 1.4 0.2 Defender of the Year: C Bill Russell Celtics 14.8 12.0 1.9 0.4 4.0 6th Man of the Year: SG Cliff Hagan Warriors 14.4 4.3 1.7 0.9 0.1 Most Improved Player: PF Phil Jordon Hawks 9.8 5.1 0.9 0.6 0.3 All-League 1st Team: C Walter Dukes Hawks 14.6 10.6 1.4 0.4 2.4 All-League 1st Team: PF Bob Pettit Pistons 30.3 8.3 1.7 0.6 0.4 All-League 1st Team: SF Neil Johnston Celtics 26.2 6.4 1.9 0.8 0.2 All-League 1st Team: SG George Yardley Pistons 22.9 9.1 2.6 1.0 0.4 All-League 1st Team: PG Larry Costello Celtics 11.4 2.4 3.9 1.5 0.1 All-League 2nd Team: C Dolph Schayes Warriors 19.9 5.9 2.4 0.4 2.2 All-League 2nd Team: PF Clyde Lovellette Nationals 26.0 8.1 1.4 0.6 0.3 All-League 2nd Team: SF Maurice Stokes Knicks 16.3 11.4 3.8 1.1 0.9 All-League 2nd Team: SG Bob Cousy Hawks 23.7 4.5 7.3 1.7 0.1 All-League 2nd Team: PG Frank Selvy Nationals 12.7 3.6 4.6 0.7 0.3 All-League 3rd Team: C Vern Mikkelsen Royals 16.0 6.5 1.4 0.5 0.2 All-League 3rd Team: PF Ray Felix Warriors 15.6 8.4 1.1 0.8 0.3 All-League 3rd Team: SF Ken Sears Lakers 16.2 7.1 2.1 0.5 0.2 All-League 3rd Team: SG Cliff Hagan Warriors 14.4 4.3 1.7 0.9 0.1 All-League 3rd Team: PG Rod Hundley Celtics 9.1 3.4 2.5 1.4 0.2 All-Defense 1st Team: C Bill Russell Celtics 14.8 12.0 1.9 0.4 4.0 All-Defense 1st Team: PF Paul Nolen Nationals 11.1 7.1 1.1 0.7 1.3 All-Defense 1st Team: SF Dwight Morrison Knicks 10.9 8.5 1.3 1.8 0.2 All-Defense 1st Team: SG George Yardley Pistons 22.9 9.1 2.6 1.0 0.4 All-Defense 1st Team: PG Jim Holstein Warriors 10.8 4.0 2.1 1.8 0.1 All-Defense 2nd Team: C Walter Dukes Hawks 14.6 10.6 1.4 0.4 2.4 All-Defense 2nd Team: PF Ray Felix Warriors 15.6 8.4 1.1 0.8 0.3 All-Defense 2nd Team: SF Maurice Stokes Knicks 16.3 11.4 3.8 1.1 0.9 All-Defense 2nd Team: SG Bob Cousy Hawks 23.7 4.5 7.3 1.7 0.1 All-Defense 2nd Team: PG Danny Finn Warriors 9.1 3.8 5.2 1.6 0.2 All-Rookie 1st Team: C Denis Gardner Warriors 1.1 0.7 0.3 0.1 0.0 All-Rookie 1st Team: PF Charlie Tyra Lakers 4.3 2.4 0.5 0.2 0.1 All-Rookie 1st Team: SF Jim Krebs Royals 10.4 5.2 1.0 0.3 0.5 All-Rookie 1st Team: SG Lennie Rosenbluth Royals 4.5 2.3 1.0 0.5 0.1 All-Rookie 1st Team: PG Rod Hundley Celtics 9.1 3.4 2.5 1.4 0.2 All-Rookie 2nd Team: C Tanner Thomas Knicks 3.0 1.5 0.5 0.0 0.0 All-Rookie 2nd Team: PF Tony Hafner Warriors 3.0 0.5 1.0 0.0 0.0 All-Rookie 2nd Team: SF Woody Sauldsberry Nationals 5.4 4.5 1.3 0.3 0.2 All-Rookie 2nd Team: SG Sam Jones Nationals 2.9 1.4 0.5 0.1 0.1 All-Rookie 2nd Team: PG Win Wilfong Hawks 5.8 1.8 1.4 0.6 0.1

Code:
1957 NBA Standings ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- EASTERN W L PCT HOME DIV CONF ---------------------------------------------------- Celtics 45 27 .625 25-11 40-24 40-24 Warriors 39 33 .542 21-15 35-29 35-29 Nationals 34 38 .472 21-15 30-34 30-34 Knicks 27 45 .375 19-17 23-41 23-41 ---------------------------------------------------- WESTERN W L PCT HOME DIV CONF ---------------------------------------------------- Pistons 48 24 .667 25-11 42-22 42-22 Lakers 37 35 .514 20-16 35-29 35-29 Hawks 35 37 .486 22-14 30-34 30-34 Royals 23 49 .319 17-19 21-43 21-43
murrayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:36 AM   #296
bryce
High School Varsity

My computer is treating the last two updates as completely new installs (rather than just quick updates as I had grown used to) - is this normal, or is there a setting I'm messing up?

thx
bryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:04 PM   #297
TLK
Pro Starter

I'm getting "Run Time Error 9 : Subscript out of range" when advancing from the playoffs to end season in the 1999-2000 season. I'm using the newest patch. Y2K bug?
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:22 PM   #298
korme
Go Reds

The 1979 draft includes Billy Ray Bates and Billyray Bates.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:29 PM   #299
korme
Go Reds

Seeing Ralph Simpson gets me every time.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:46 PM   #300
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
*Enabled the option to choose either all players, USBL players, or USBA players when using the historical db.
*League news will be saved to news.dat instead of inside league.dat.

Does this mean I can set the NBA and ABA to the historical DB now? Before that, the ABA was basically useless since it just created fict. players!