Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-14-2014, 05:27 PM   #251
bhlloy
Coordinator

Yeah, or that they knew something about the fourth that would mean that it was less likely to be traced? Or they already had the physical effects to allow them to withdraw money from that account?
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 07:04 PM   #252
Thomkal
Head Coach

While browsing Facebook tonight I see another theory has arisen about what happened with this flight, which I find to be pretty ridiculous:

'US military shot down MH370' claims former Proteus Airlines boss | Daily Mail Online
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 01:12 PM   #253
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Looks like potentially some wreckage from the plane has been found.

MH370: wreckage found on Reunion 'matches Malaysia Airlines flight' - Telegraph
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 05:22 PM   #254
Groundhog
Coordinator

Fingers crossed... feels wrong to say that, but I would think at this point everyone involved would want some closure.
Old 07-23-2016, 11:47 AM   #255
Edward64
Head Coach

If true, too much of a coincidence and likely means he did it. Also, why did this take so long to come out?

Wonder what his motive would have been?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/22/asia/m...ion/index.html
Quote:
An FBI forensic examination shows the pilot of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 conducted a flight simulation on his home computer that closely matched the suspected route of the missing Boeing 777 in the southern Indian Ocean, according to a Malaysian government document obtained by New York magazine.

The confidential document summarizes Malaysia's police investigation into Zaharie Ahmad Shah, the captain of the plane that has been missing for more than two years.

According to the magazine, citing the document, the FBI analyzed hard drives from a flight simulator Zaharie had built using Microsoft Flight Simulator X software. The FBI was able to recover data points from the program that pointed to the southern Indian Ocean.

The document is quoted as saying the simulated flight was made less than a month before MH370 went missing in March 2014.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 12:12 PM   #256
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
The more I read about this the more it sounds like a pilot action, or someone who took the cockpit who knew enough about the plane, like MS flight sim, knowledge to fly it before you crash it.

u are correct sir!
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 01:05 PM   #257
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Where Is It? - The Atlantic

Long read but interesting

Last edited by Lathum : 06-18-2019 at 01:05 PM.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 01:23 PM   #258
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

Fascinating stuff. Still such a bizarre story.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 01:33 PM   #259
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

Yep, solid share Lathum.
Old 06-18-2019, 01:33 PM   #260
PilotMan
Head Coach

That article is likely the closest, to date, with a coherent, complete look and analysis of what probably happened. It's as a very solid theory, imo.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 02:49 PM   #261
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Yes I read that last night. It's fascinating and also terrifying.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 08:38 PM   #262
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Yes I read that last night. It's fascinating and also terrifying.

Agreed on both counts, but I strangely find it more comforting that it was almost certainly the pilot rather than a technical error. I was alarmed to see how many times that had happened, though.
Old 06-19-2019, 07:13 AM   #263
spleen1015
Coordinator

Thanks for sharing that link Lathum.
Old 06-19-2019, 07:22 AM   #264
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Agreed on both counts, but I strangely find it more comforting that it was almost certainly the pilot rather than a technical error. I was alarmed to see how many times that had happened, though.

The part about the captain being unhappy and bad personal situation was unknown to me. It always seemed that the family/Malaysian press portrayed it otherwise. If true, I would say the captain is the most likely culprit.

Go rent a private plane and off yourself but to take so many innocent people with you ...
Old 06-19-2019, 07:24 AM   #265
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
That article is likely the closest, to date, with a coherent, complete look and analysis of what probably happened. It's as a very solid theory, imo.

Any current thoughts/credible alternatives from the industry on what happened?
Old 06-19-2019, 07:43 AM   #266
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
The part about the captain being unhappy and bad personal situation was unknown to me. It always seemed that the family/Malaysian press portrayed it otherwise. If true, I would say the captain is the most likely culprit.

Go rent a private plane and off yourself but to take so many innocent people with you ...

The captain's personal situation was news here not too long after the incident, but maybe not so surprising given how closely Australia has been involved since the beginning.

Again though, shocks me how often this has happened re: innocent people on passenger flights. I mean, trying to think of bus drivers or other professions where someone could do something similar... I can vaguely recall a bus driver somewhere in Europe a few years ago doing something similar with obviously far less passengers.
Old 06-19-2019, 09:55 AM   #267
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Any current thoughts/credible alternatives from the industry on what happened?

My thoughts on it really haven't changed from the beginning. There's not a lot of discussion on it anymore to tell the truth. There's been a couple guys who blame the plane, who defend the captain and feel like he's been thrown under the bus on this one, but that's not my view. The whole thing always seemed like a situation where someone with skill and some knowledge could make it happen. The fact that you can subdue an entire plane, on your own, with no other assistance and no violence speaks volumes. It's something that a pilot would conceive of, and do to our emergency training, is something that is always in thought (albeit in opposite). The whole thing still makes me sick, just like Germanwings, and although it's not been talked about much outside of industry, the more recent Atlas crash in Houston. People need to handle their own shit without taking innocent lives. There's no reason to ruin generations of lives because you can't figure your own shit out.

Like Steam?

Old 06-19-2019, 12:13 PM   #268
Kodos
Resident Alien

What a crazy and saddening story. If you have it that bad, take yourself out if you must. But don't take others down with you.
Kodos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 12:17 PM   #269
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
The simplest explanation might be pilot suicide. Like the Egypt Air crash from few years ago. Point it to the ocean and dive in. I think it would disappear pretty quickly. I don't know anything but it's simple.

PilotMan figured out this scenario was likely pretty early in the thread. Impressive.
Old 06-19-2019, 12:18 PM   #270
RainMaker
General Manager

I have to admit, I'm shocked by how easy it is to subdue a plane. You can really depressurize the plane and kill everyone that easily? Then just do whatever you want? Isn't there some sort of emergency system that would kick in to stop a pilot from doing this?
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 01:19 PM   #271
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I have to admit, I'm shocked by how easy it is to subdue a plane. You can really depressurize the plane and kill everyone that easily? Then just do whatever you want? Isn't there some sort of emergency system that would kick in to stop a pilot from doing this?

No. Pilots have to be able to depressurize the plane for safety reasons. It's completely counter intuitive for a pilot to depressurize the plane to kill people, but then again, crashing for the same reason isn't logical either.

Passenger oxygen will only last about 15 minutes. Flight attendant oxygen could last longer, but the cockpit will most likely last the longest. Besides, like we saw with Germanwings, once that door is closed, the only way it's opening is if someone on the inside opens it.

Like Steam?

Old 06-19-2019, 01:49 PM   #272
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
No. Pilots have to be able to depressurize the plane for safety reasons. It's completely counter intuitive for a pilot to depressurize the plane to kill people, but then again, crashing for the same reason isn't logical either.

Passenger oxygen will only last about 15 minutes. Flight attendant oxygen could last longer, but the cockpit will most likely last the longest. Besides, like we saw with Germanwings, once that door is closed, the only way it's opening is if someone on the inside opens it.
Per the article the passengers would have 15 minutes from unpressurized masks and the cockpit would have pressurized masks with hours of air. Then

Quote:
It is possible that stowaways—by definition unrecorded on the airplane’s manifest—had hidden in the equipment bay. If so, they would have had access to two circuit breakers that, if pulled, would have unbolted the cockpit door. But that scenario has problems, too. The bolts click loudly when they open—an unambiguous sound that would have been familiar to the pilots. The hijackers would then have had to open a galley-floor hatch from below, climb a short ladder, evade notice by the cabin crew, evade the surveillance video, and enter the cockpit before either of the pilots transmitted a distress call. It is unlikely that this could have happened, just as it is unlikely that a flight attendant held hostage could have used the door keypad to allow sudden entry without firing off a warning.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote