Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

California Couple Inherits 50-Year-Old Secret Beneath Their New Home |

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 09:25 PM   #402
Edward64
Head Coach

Finally finished a playthrough aligned with the Institute (hey, he's my kid afterall). I've played it some before but never really seriously progressed thru the main plot.

I took my time and am at Level 44 with T60f armor. Did a little bit of Far Habor but not the Nuka DLC so I'll be exploring both more next.

I'm ready for the next Fallout or Skyrim. Both are great games and well worth the money.

I do wish they would make more big DLC's to tide us over. You would think they could put their "junior" team on the DLC's and still be pretty profitable.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 09:42 PM   #403
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I saw where some modders are going to try and recreate Fallout New Vegas with the Fallout 4 engine.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 11:29 PM   #404
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
I saw where some modders are going to try and recreate Fallout New Vegas with the Fallout 4 engine.

My bet is that'll turn out to be vapor in the end. It's been bouncing around for quite a while now, I just don't get the feeling it'll end up with some playable.
Old 01-22-2018, 03:42 PM   #405
Edward64
Head Coach

Well, done with Nuka and Far Harbor main quests. Nuka was more fun than Far Habor IMO. It was great when I finally shot it out with the 3 groups but do wish it was more intense and continuing (e.g remnants always attacking me). Setting off the nuke was cool in Far Harbor though.

I've got like 14 sets of powered armor now (with other pieces not attached to a frame yet, probably enough to make 6-8 more) with nothing to do with them other than have them looking pretty. Also have about 90K and not much to spend on.

At level 59 now, its boring, no more challenging quests that I've found. Wish the super mutants scale more/better in difficulty with the level increase.

I think I do prefer Skyrim over FO4. It seems there were more things to do and more expansive.

Waiting for the 2.0 update before playing Stellaris again and same for Civ. I may search for an earlier save and play as the Brotherhood of Steel.
Old 01-22-2018, 07:48 PM   #406
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

I ended up starting a new character and played through the whole thing again. Wasn't expecting that, but the combination of there being so many quests, using a different faction, and my deteriorating memory wiping out half of what I'd already done made it fun a second time through.

I still maintain that siding with the Institute is the only morally good choice. Fight me.
Old 01-22-2018, 08:05 PM   #407
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
I still maintain that siding with the Institute is the only morally good choice. Fight me.

I still haven't forgiven myself for making the wrong choice in New Vegas.
Old 01-22-2018, 08:09 PM   #408
Groundhog
Coordinator

Not at all video game related, but me and some buddies play a tabletop skirmish wargame that is heavily influenced by Fallout called This is Not a Test. I built some terrain for it over the past couple of weeks, again heavily influence by something you might find in Fallout. It's in 28/32mm scale, or HO scale if you are into trains:

Old 01-22-2018, 08:19 PM   #409
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Not at all video game related, but me and some buddies play a tabletop skirmish wargame that is heavily influenced by Fallout called This is Not a Test. I built some terrain for it over the past couple of weeks, again heavily influence by something you might find in Fallout. It's in 28/32mm scale, or HO scale if you are into trains:

That's super cool.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 11:17 PM   #410
Edward64
Head Coach

I finished FO4 a while ago but just only played New Vegas past couple months.

Last week, I got to level 34, killed off Caesar, sided with House (I did kill House to see what would happen and reloaded), and decided not to nuke anyone at the end of Lonesome Road.

I got the perk where I can see all the unexplored places so lots more to do and explore but think I'll stop for now.

Enjoyed it and FO4. Now that I've played both and can compare, I really didn't see a big jump from NV to FO4. It was more of the same really.

Having played Stellaris & CK2, I like Paradox's business model better where they build a base game and they continue to update and add DLC's to it. I don't get why Bethesda can't scale up and continue to pump out DLC's for proven successes (e.g. FO and ES series) while their A team works on the next big project.
Old 07-28-2018, 07:03 PM   #411
Edward64
Head Coach

Going to start FO4 with a bunch of mods.

Besides Sim Settlements, any mods that you really enjoyed?
Old 07-28-2018, 09:56 PM   #412
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Going to start FO4 with a bunch of mods.

Besides Sim Settlements, any mods that you really enjoyed?

I can't remember everything I've got loaded the last time I went around with it but Everyone's Best Friend (allows Dogmeat and a companion) feels pretty reasonable to me in terms of just playing the game (though it does make for easier scavving/packmuling). Works on XB1 and PC