Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-11-2016, 03:53 AM   #1
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Why David Bowie was cooler than you (or anyone you ever idolized...)

Look in the mirror...if you are not this cool, you should just start drinking heavily....

CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 03:54 AM   #2
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

#1: Station to Station... Live...one of my favorite tracks ever....live or otherwise....the live version just amped up what i've always love about bowie. progressive story...he was a musical progressive giant in structure, form, and story...all out bombast...the distainct flow and separate sections of this song...and the effort he spent getting a guitar to sound like a train...

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 01-11-2016 at 04:04 AM.
Old 01-11-2016, 03:55 AM   #3
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

#2 Grandeur, Broadway, old passion and new progession... This carson performance says it all...ever unhappy with with stagnant artistic endeavors, he strove to break boundaries and challenge himself branching out into hollywood and broadway. And when on carson delivered the grandeur and pomp of a wonderful almost signature song from his 2nd album in 1971, Life on Mars...then one of his most progressive purely WEIRD psychodelic hits....ashes to ashes...

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 01-11-2016 at 04:04 AM.
Old 01-11-2016, 03:56 AM   #4
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

#3 Performance meets music. his 3rd album (which so frequently in rock makes or breaks a group), bowie transformed himself as he had several times after...taking on a complete separate character, an alien named Ziggy Stardust who becomes a Rockstar...one of the first concept albums...strangely enough he Deniroed this method performace frequently referring to hiumself as Ziggy. This "taking on a character is something he would henceforth do throughout his careers, changing with the times... I cannot pick one song from this album. It's too perfect and remains in my top 5. The scifi drama of Five Years...The transition between soul love and moonage daydream is the best ever...MD is one of my favorites...ziggy Stardust and Starman are definitely favorites of mine from him and the ever dramatics ROck and Roll Suicide...wow..

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 01-11-2016 at 04:07 AM.
Old 01-11-2016, 03:57 AM   #5
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

#4 The Full Package....Yes Bowie had a big package...both figuratively and literally....Jim Henson and co knew they wanted a superstar for the goblin king when casting their following to muppetfilled classic Dark Crystal and realized it in the musician turned actor, David Bowie. The guy was a bonafide superstar by the 80s. And Bowie turned in a wonderful egocentric huge performance as the gob king...he was in essence the full package...and wrote and performed the entire soundtrack...and onscreen...yes....his package was bulging...bigger than yours...bigger than yours....It's only forever....that's not long at all...

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 01-11-2016 at 04:06 AM.
Old 01-11-2016, 03:57 AM   #6
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

#5 "You suck...I need something better..." Several times during his career. Bowie pretty much said this. He was quite aware when he got stale and old hat and needed to bring in new inspiration...the best of which was during the time he brought in artistic guru Brian Eno. A revolutinoary in progressive and sythesizer induced music, yet not of the disco era, he was a druginduced shot in the arm for bowie and sent him into a new direction...Eno and bowie collaborated through 3 albums, the favorite of mine being Low. Here is a track called Warszawa...polish for Warsaw...yes a rock song influenced for the polish name for a polish city completely desolate and obliterated...

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 01-11-2016 at 04:05 AM.
Old 01-11-2016, 03:58 AM   #7
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

#6 Duets.... When you are bowie you can pick and choose who the hell you work with...and it does not matter a bit. One day he man into QUeen and said...let's write a song. We MUST do this. After a 24 hour marathon he came up with the full concept for the quet between him and queen called Under Pressure. It became a smash hit for both of them. On another side of the galaxy he strolls into bing crosby's house and sings a classic song that he demands have an extra part written for him. Little Drummer Boy/Peace On Earth, for his son...Is there a better place to live than earth where the same man can produce both of these classics?

#6a Musical Collaborations... He was a pioneer and collaborated with the best from Brian Eno to QUeen to John Lennon...but this always remains my favorite story...

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 01-11-2016 at 04:15 AM.
Old 01-11-2016, 04:01 AM   #8
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

#7 Garage Punk Awesomeness... One thing I always loved about bowie especially his early stuff was his just garage band simplified rockatude! So many great tracks showed his! F**** YOU! Here's Queen Bitch! btw LOVE the way he qhispers the intro count into this track...

Old 01-11-2016, 04:01 AM   #9
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

#8 GLAM and influence! bowie helped define the Glamrock era...who cares if he's wearing eyeshadow and a dress...he'll kick your butt with his song...Marc Bolan? Slade? Small potatoes...this guys influenced SO MANY artists with his style his performance...his creativity.....example...

Old 01-11-2016, 04:02 AM   #10
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

#9 Keeping with the times....He was the ultimate chameleon...updating his style...his sound....and was open to be influenced by those of his time and blending in with them...every decade he changed his persona...his style...his music...and put out something that I loved listening to...1999's thursday's child...a classic example...and with a wonderful video to accompany it nonetheless...

Old 01-11-2016, 04:03 AM   #11
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

#10 The music....thank you David for the music that inspried generations...there are so many hits, so many undergraound songs, so many innovative graoundbreaking moments, so many career changing ultimate songs....to take everyone through their golden years and beyond up into the stratospheere...there is no end to where you could take us...