Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-01-2017, 10:06 PM   #251
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Finally scored my first 100% set up. Regularly hitting 98-99% for each race now.

Nice.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 11:15 PM   #252
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Midway through my first full season with Boa and we lead the Asia Pacific by 11 pts after getting 1st place the last 3 races.

It feels kind of cheap getting canned from Predator and ending up in a great situation but whatever I guess.

I have been using the strategy in practice of getting level 2 Qualification Trim, level 3 tires, and level 2 Race Trim. Basically I go out and do 3 laps with the Qualification Trim then tweak, run a few laps then come back in and tweak again. You can also tweak at Qualifying...by the end of that I am usually 93-97%.

One interesting thing I see is I have a really good mechanic who must just be a d-bag because no matter what he can't seem to get along with his driver. Even after top 5 finishes they don't improve their relationship. This is the 2nd driver he has had this issue with. He is 5-star though so I am not sure I want to move him out yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 09:16 AM   #253
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

I know not of this qualification thing you speak of -- I'm just a lowly ERS manager. I would think your setup strategy would probably depend on how long practice is, which changes sometimes, but it sounds good. On the mechanic, I've never seen anything like that -- have you checked their traits to see what is going on?
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 10:19 AM   #254
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Yeah I can't find anything that specifically calls out he is a prick. Lately his relationship with my new driver is slowly improving but seems to be a rocky road...not uncommon to see a -20% impact after a race. The last 2 were +12% and +11%...progress I suppose

Old 01-03-2017, 09:46 AM   #255
Balldog
Pro Rookie

One thing that is still a bit of a mystery to me is what happens to all the parts my team builds at the end of the season? Are they scrapped? Do they carryover? I'm debating on saving money or upgrading to great on several parts. We currently have the best car in APS with 4 races to go and a 50 point lead on the 2nd place team so there is really no need to upgrade this year.

Old 01-03-2017, 10:05 AM   #256
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog View Post
One thing that is still a bit of a mystery to me is what happens to all the parts my team builds at the end of the season? Are they scrapped? Do they carryover? I'm debating on saving money or upgrading to great on several parts. We currently have the best car in APS with 4 races to go and a 50 point lead on the 2nd place team so there is really no need to upgrade this year.

Performance carries over, not reliability. Also, you can build a part with a risk of being illegal, and as long as you don't use it that year it will carry over without the risk for the next year.
CrescentMoonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 11:11 AM   #257
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Nice, thanks. I will start loading up on the risk parts now then and just store them.

Old 01-03-2017, 12:02 PM   #258
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Nice, thanks. I will start loading up on the risk parts now then and just store them.

Also it looks like it's the developed number that carries over for a part. Let's say you make a risky part that's 1000/1075 and you develop it to 1050/1075. Next season that part will be 1050/(1050 + designers contribution).
nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 09:28 AM   #259
Balldog
Pro Rookie

So last night my driver and mechanic had a good ole fashion throw down. All the relationship gains are now gone!

Old 01-04-2017, 10:30 AM   #260
hollmt
High School Varsity

Who won?
hollmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 10:56 AM   #261
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Haha the rest of the team jumped into to break it up.

I think one of them needs to go after the season. Probably the mechanic...he didn't get along with the previous driver either so I'm assuming it's hit.

Pretty sure he has a big buyout though

Old 01-04-2017, 12:10 PM   #262
hollmt
High School Varsity

Quote:
Haha the rest of the team jumped into to break it up.

I think one of them needs to go after the season. Probably the mechanic...he didn't get along with the previous driver either so I'm assuming it's hit.

Pretty sure he has a big buyout though

Yeah, you dont need that sort of stress in your racing life. Toss the dude.

Interesting it goes into that much detail. I keep following this thread since I have the game, but have been on a Darkest Dungeon kick again so put this on on the side for awhile. That and Grim Dawn still take up most of my time. 450 hours on those 2 games alone in the last year combined.
hollmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 02:22 PM   #263
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Just noticed that when I hired a driver that I released a couple years before, they still had a 100% relationship with the mechanic that they worked with on their first stint with my team. Really like that feature.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 07:21 AM   #264
Olsson
High School JV

So where are we on this game? I've played around with the iOS version for a couple of days... Addictive as hell!

Is it worth it for a guy who haven't really watched F1 in 10 years? And quite honestly don't care ��

I love a good manager game though. FOF8, FM and occasionally PCM.

Have any of you tried any of the the mods?

Edit: By mod I mean 2016 mod and driver randomizer that people on here requested...

Last edited by Olsson : 01-19-2017 at 08:02 AM.
Olsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 11:20 AM   #265
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olsson View Post
So where are we on this game? I've played around with the iOS version for a couple of days... Addictive as hell!

Is it worth it for a guy who haven't really watched F1 in 10 years? And quite honestly don't care ��

I love a good manager game though. FOF8, FM and occasionally PCM.

Have any of you tried any of the the mods?

Edit: By mod I mean 2016 mod and driver randomizer that people on here requested...

This game is fantastic.

I'm still playing, mid of season 5 in mid tier league. Still unable to find any dominance 100 hours into the game. I havent' played any of the mods, but it's an excellent manager game, and the racing and graphics are solid and entertaining. Watching the races isn't repetitive and each race is still hard core strategy.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 01:32 PM   #266
Olsson
High School JV

I bought it and it is downloading.. I'm a sucker for a good manager game.. It might just gauge my interest in mototrsport ;-)
Old 01-19-2017, 01:49 PM   #267
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
This game is fantastic.

I'm still playing, mid of season 5 in mid tier league. Still unable to find any dominance 100 hours into the game. I havent' played any of the mods, but it's an excellent manager game, and the racing and graphics are solid and entertaining. Watching the races isn't repetitive and each race is still hard core strategy.

This is interesting to me...

I still LOVE the game but I'm in my second year in the Asia-Pacific after five grueling seasons in the ERS with Predator and we are simply DOMINATING every race...well, one of my driver's is dominating, winning every pole and then leading every race right from the opening gun. He's 7 for 7 thus far and honestly, it's become a bit of a slog of a season...no drama, almost no crashes and with a 75% fuel tank capacity, each race has essentially become a one-pit snoozefest.

I'm sure things will toughen up considerably when I get to the World Motorsport Championship but I'm a bit put off right now by the monotony of the races. The (very few) crashes always take place at the same time (usually just before lap 10) and it's almost gotten to the point where I can walk away from my computer for minutes at a time during the race, knowing that nothing is really going to happen.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 02:21 PM   #268
PilotMan
Head Coach

I just forced out qualifying in favor of random grids in the Asia-Pac. I had 5 votes saved up just for it, and I needed all of it to pull it off. I like that it keeps the races interesting to say the least.

The evolution of each league season after season really keeps the game fresh.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 02:47 PM   #269
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I just forced out qualifying in favor of random grids in the Asia-Pac. I had 5 votes saved up just for it, and I needed all of it to pull it off. I like that it keeps the races interesting to say the least.

The evolution of each league season after season really keeps the game fresh.

Definitely true...everything is so dynamic in that sense.

And I guess I shouldn't complain...I'm in my seventh year and I've finally got a stud driver and built a formidable car, learning that building illegal parts near the end of the year, maxing out the performance of those parts then just saving them until the next year (to avoid having the parts deemed illegal) is a very sound strategy.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 04:44 PM   #270
weegeebored
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSkillz View Post
I still LOVE the game but I'm in my second year in the Asia-Pacific after five grueling seasons in the ERS with Predator and we are simply DOMINATING every race...well, one of my driver's is dominating, winning every pole and then leading every race right from the opening gun. He's 7 for 7 thus far and honestly, it's become a bit of a slog of a season...no drama, almost no crashes and with a 75% fuel tank capacity, each race has essentially become a one-pit snoozefest.
If you need/like more of a challenge try The Flaming Red's Balance mod over at the Race Department site. Use that with the Random Drivers mod and you definitely won't be dominating. The Balance mod is a WIP but the modder points out the problems with the existing code, like Interviews not triggering, fan base not increasing, etc. I don't necessarily agree with all of his changes, but the AI is no longer easy to beat.
weegeebored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 02:51 PM   #271
scoman
n00b

A new update is available including steam workshop....now the real fun begins.....
scoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 11:49 AM   #272
chesapeake
College Starter

Lots of rain in my first 3 races with the new patch, including a nasty thunderstorm. The AI handed me one race as the course started drying and, when I switched from wets to inters for 3-5 laps while the track dried, the rest of the field all switched softs and I blazed away to a huge lead. Some AI teams pulled into the pits 3 times in three laps, each time switching to a new set of softs. The AI appeared to understand it had the wrong tires on, but the logic to pick the right tires wasn't there.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 01:26 PM   #273
scoman
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesapeake View Post
Lots of rain in my first 3 races with the new patch, including a nasty thunderstorm. The AI handed me one race as the course started drying and, when I switched from wets to inters for 3-5 laps while the track dried, the rest of the field all switched softs and I blazed away to a huge lead. Some AI teams pulled into the pits 3 times in three laps, each time switching to a new set of softs. The AI appeared to understand it had the wrong tires on, but the logic to pick the right tires wasn't there.

There is another small patch today...haven't seen any patch notes.
scoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 09:12 AM   #274
chesapeake
College Starter

Ran a race last night after downloading the second patch. The results were much more in line with what I expected in the beginning of my second season managing Predator.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 07:44 PM   #275
Balldog
Pro Rookie

I haven't played for a few weeks because I was waiting for the Workshop. Looking forward to starting a fresh save!

Old 02-08-2017, 12:23 PM   #276
Ramzavail
College Starter

well this game is awesome. But playing the app and now the PC game, I was hoping I could start and name my own team (bc thats what you can do it on the app). I was slightly disappointed about that but really enjoying the game and its vastly different and more detailed than the app.

Good to know about risk parts at the end of the year.
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 02:29 AM   #277
Olsson
High School JV

I started with the 2016 mod by enzoli over at RaceDepartment. I'm currently in my 5th season. My first in WMC/F1. I'm currently 6th in the constructors halfway through the season with Mücke Motorsport. My leading driver is Mick Schumacher. Best result was a 3rd and 4th combo in Canada due to a good pit stop strategy in the rain.

Still ages behind in HQ and car. All other things are in place though.

This game is really addictive.

Really looking forward to trying out the vanilla balance mod from the same site once it gets updated for the newest version.
Old 02-15-2017, 11:08 AM   #278
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Looks like we might have some GT Racing DLC coming tomorrow! Hopefully some more tracks too...

Old 02-15-2017, 05:41 PM   #279
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Oh my

====
Maybe is it: As some of you have noticed, we put a new patch live this morning in the beta branch. It's... pretty extensive this time. As ever, have a play around with it and let us know your feedback. If it's all good, we'll put it into the main branch shortly.

Here goes. Deep breath... Patch 1.3 includes:

New driver traits
New mid and pre-season dilemmas
Pre-season chassis dilemmas have been rebalanced
Added safety car notification dilemmas
Fixed pre-season car info panel exploit
Fixed Chassis Stat related bugs in Car Design
A mail now arrives once a year that allows the player to choose a new rule to vote into the current series
Improved 2D liveries performance
Simulate Session screen has been redesigned to provide more detail
Practice simulation has been improved
Added a popup to see chassis suppliers on the Team Screen and Car Screen
Rebalanced the starting chassis suppliers of all teams
Interviews have been given an overhaul with a new widget and new questions
New interview-specific traits have been added that are gained by drivers reacting to the player's interview responses
Fixed a bug where all journalists were Gabonese
Rebalanced existing drivers with new traits and to suit the new GT teams
Ex-Driver backstory now improves driver feedback stats and increases the improvement rates of drivers
Politico backstory now also gives the perk of not having to pay to propose a new rule
Can now request funds from the chairman each season
Car liveries are now accurately displayed in races
Pit-stop mistake times have been rebalanced
Improved standings information during a session
All drivers now have a weight in kg
Road Car Factory now unlocks at level 3
Player Manager stats now start at 8 instead of 10
Improvability impact in Car Design has been doubled
Car crash traits such as Whiplash and Cracked Rib have been re-balanced to be more impactful
Car crash limit per race has been increased and re-balanced
Fixed being able to build parts during pre-season
Players can now automate the 'Clean Air' setup in qualifying
Fixed an issue where drivers were given drive-through penalties during the practice session
Fixed a bug where vehicles were coming back into the race after they had retired
Fixed a bug where race messages would not appear when loading a race
Fixed a bug where a team's fanbase would never increase or decrease
Fixed a bug where the Balance, Standings and Track Guide drop down menus would be missing when loading a save
Improved road textures in Milan near the 5th corner
Fixed a Preferences Screen bug where all presets would default to low
Contract Negotiation screen now displays additional information about current drivers
Fixed multiple instances where journalists would refer to drivers with the incorrect gender
Rebalanced race retirements
Rebalanced driver desired championships and wins
Fixed an issue where members of staff would retire too early
Fixed a issue where chairmen would be hired and then quickly retire
Rebalanced the peak ages of regenerated drivers
Rebalanced team AI when they're first in their series
The Grid Screen will now stop auto-scrolling when the player interacts with it
Fixed an issue where relegated teams could still re-negotiate contracts with drivers who were valued above their new relegated series
Changed the starting grid positions of the player's drivers in the tutorial race
Fixed a racing line issue in Dubai where cars would appear to drive off the track at certain corners
Fixed a car crash path in Vancouver that lead to cars going through concrete barriers
Fixed an issue where some mechanic bonus icons did not reflect their actual bonuses
Fixed an issue where inputs other then the mouse/keyboard were set as active
Fixed an issue where qualifying position was not being correctly displayed in the driver form tab
Fixed an issue where an old notification for a part being built wouldn't register as being read
Fixed an issue where the Gone Rogue trait wouldn't behave correctly
Fixed an issue where drivers would still send radio messages about their car after they had crashed or retired from the race
Re-aligned the car model on the HQ Test Track
Improved the visibility and apperance of the car during races
Improved the performance of background videos
Multiple performance improvements
New Steam Achievements

And if you don't know how to access the beta branch, give this a whirl:

Right-click game in library
Choose properties
Go to betas tab
Enter password “MotorsportManager” in the text box
Choose beta option from drop down menu above the text box
Starting the game will install the beta

Thanks everyone"

Old 02-16-2017, 08:43 AM   #280
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Awesome!
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 11:10 AM   #281
Capital
High School Varsity

Wow - this is some list and appreciated. I only would to see that you could randomize the drivers at the start of a career. I don't think I saw that one on the list.
Capital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 11:14 AM   #282
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Yeah, I really wish you could randomize the drivers, and create your own race team.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 11:34 AM   #283
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Next Wednesday for official patch and DLC for GT and create your own team.

http://www.motorsportmanager.com/con...acks-announced

I'm hoping for more tracks DLC some day!

Old 02-16-2017, 11:52 AM   #284
Ramzavail
College Starter

yes! Now I'm pumped!
Old 02-16-2017, 12:42 PM   #285
MrBug708
Head Coach

I wish there was a skip race option or vacation mode. I get that is almost the point of the game but like FM, I don't need to see the event unfold
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 01:35 PM   #286
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Sweeeeet. Guess I start a new game next week!
Old 02-16-2017, 02:21 PM   #287
King of New York
High School Varsity

"Fixed an issue where drivers would still send radio messages about their car after they had crashed or retired from the race"

I loved that bug. It was great when my driver would start complaining about her tires being cold while she was sitting in a crumpled heap of a wrecked car
Old 02-16-2017, 10:55 PM   #288
weegeebored
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capital View Post
Wow - this is some list and appreciated. I only would to see that you could randomize the drivers at the start of a career. I don't think I saw that one on the list.
You could try the Randomized Drivers mod over at the Race Department site. It should work with the latest patch although I have only used it with earlier versions of MM.
weegeebored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 08:38 AM   #289
SirBlurton
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by weegeebored View Post
You could try the Randomized Drivers mod over at the Race Department site. It should work with the latest patch although I have only used it with earlier versions of MM.

There is also a mod on the workshop, I believed called Nexxus or something that incorporates that work into a package that's hopefully a bit more accessible.

edit: words are hard

Last edited by SirBlurton : 02-17-2017 at 08:39 AM.
SirBlurton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 07:07 AM   #290
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Looks like the patch and DLC are delayed a day.

Here is a link to the GT DLC
http://store.steampowered.com/app/559430/

Old 02-23-2017, 09:51 PM   #291
law90026
College Benchwarmer

Any way to speed the game up even more besides the fastest option? Besides playing the fewer lap options?
law90026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 10:23 PM   #292
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Not that I am aware of. It would be nice to have the option to delegate to the team at some point.

Old 02-23-2017, 10:36 PM   #293
Ramzavail
College Starter

the create a team is awesome and challenging! They really start you out with nothing.

anybody notice that none of the workshop mods were working? maybe something with the new patch?
Old 02-24-2017, 07:47 AM   #294
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Yeah, I almost wish you had a little more control over how you started with create a team. But still. Cool as hell.
Old 02-24-2017, 09:23 AM   #295
Ramzavail
College Starter

yeah I wish I could hire the drivers from scratch and/or didn't have to eat the buyout contract (or have them on a shorter contract) if I want to fire them.
Old 02-24-2017, 09:43 AM   #296
Balldog
Pro Rookie

So you still have to do that when you create your team? I thought I read somewhere that you started with a blank team.

Old 02-24-2017, 10:13 AM   #297
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

No. You start with:

1) Absolute miserable cars.
2) No sponsors.
3) .5 star designers and mechanics (who you can dump for nothing).
4) 2 random mediocre drivers, on comparatively expensive contracts.
Old 02-26-2017, 08:06 AM   #298
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
No. You start with:

1) Absolute miserable cars.
2) No sponsors.
3) .5 star designers and mechanics (who you can dump for nothing).
4) 2 random mediocre drivers, on comparatively expensive contracts.

The driver thing sucks. You don't start with enough money to dump them, so I am just keeping them through the first year. Hired a couple of decent mechanics, and a good designer. Just going to concentrate on building parts this season, and see what kind of money I go into next year with. (Starting at the bottom of the open wheel division btw).

I tried the GT series for a minute. You start with even worse drivers and less money there.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 08:35 AM   #299
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Weird, I did the create a team thing but it started with $15 million and two 2.25 drivers.
CrescentMoonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 10:06 AM   #300
Ramzavail
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrescentMoonie View Post
Weird, I did the create a team thing but it started with $15 million and two 2.25 drivers.

same here but it must be after you accepted a bunch of sponsor $