Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-29-2022, 08:49 AM   #3601
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
https://www.hulu.com/movie/derek-del...f-e25fe10c7299

It's a one-of-a-kind thing. I found it very moving and interesting, and I recommend it. I would think that seeing the live show could be really enchanting.

Some disagree, and I guess I can see why, as well.

The guy is a highly trained "magician" and there are a number of card tricks and such things, but he's aiming for something different than just a magic show. But, I suppose, if you'd totally hate a magic show, then skip this.

I read his book Amoralman recently, and that spurred my interest in this.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 01:49 AM   #3602
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I don’t like the Lakers at all, but found the first 4 episodes of Winning Time to be quite enjoyable.
stevew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 11:37 AM   #3603
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Wasn’t feeling Halo at all. Maybe I’ll try to check in on it after the rest of the season is over.
Old 04-06-2022, 01:22 AM   #3604
Austin90
n00b

I don't know if it was mentioned before but Russian Doll was pretty cool. I won't spoil it for you, season 2 is coming out pretty soon I believe (unless it already is)
Austin90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 09:38 PM   #3605
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

I just finished watching the F1 series on Netflix. So, F1 just makes up rules as they go? Some of those decisions from last year seemed super arbitrary and ludicrous. Definitely got me playing Motorsport Manger again, though.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 06:01 PM   #3606
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Adrien Brody def was the MVP as Pat Riley the other night. The guy that plays Bird was so spot on. I don’t care if Winning Time is historically accurate or not…it’s super entertaining

Last edited by stevew : 04-18-2022 at 06:03 PM.
Old 04-22-2022, 04:13 PM   #3607
miami_fan
Coordinator

I am watching this Abercrombie & Finch documentary. My 14 year old walked by the TV and caught about five minutes of it. Just based on the look on his face, I immediately felt the need to declare that I did not have any association with that brand growing up.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 05:18 PM   #3608
Critch
lolzcat

I've been really liking Slow Horses on Apple TV+, I'm a sucker for the British "serious" spy kind of thing like MI5 and anything John Le Carre. Slow Horses is really well done, and Gary Oldman is great as the crude sidelined boss.

Only bad thing is having to wait til next friday for the last episode.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 10:19 AM   #3609
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
I am watching this Abercrombie & Finch documentary. My 14 year old walked by the TV and caught about five minutes of it. Just based on the look on his face, I immediately felt the need to declare that I did not have any association with that brand growing up.

Lol. I can imagine how that must have been like.

Unfortunately for me, I was a young teen and impressionable in the early 2000s. That documentary really stressed how influential that company was. I remember having all of those silly feelings. Feeling uncool if I didn't have an A&F polo. Awful times haha
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 10:41 AM   #3610
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Adrien Brody def was the MVP as Pat Riley the other night. The guy that plays Bird was so spot on. I don’t care if Winning Time is historically accurate or not…it’s super entertaining

Totally agree with this. It's very entertaining and the cast is fantastic.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 02:47 AM   #3611
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I dunno about Ozark.
Old 05-01-2022, 02:39 PM   #3612
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Dola- they maybe needed 3 to 5 episodes to accomplish what it took 14 episodes to do. I think that’s my main beef.
Old 05-01-2022, 05:56 PM   #3613
tarcone
Coordinator

My wife and I are struggling with Ozark. Dragging along.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 09:38 PM   #3614
Groundhog
Coordinator

We're only one episode in to the new Ozark episodes. Feels like the whole season they are too forcefully pulling all the threads together to close it out. I don't think it needed a neat ending, but hey, maybe that's not what we'll get.
Old 05-02-2022, 03:51 PM   #3615
molson
General Manager

I'm really enjoying the Dropout Mini-series on Hulu about Elizabeth Holmes and Theranos. Never a dull moment. And actually very funny at times.

Last edited by molson : 05-02-2022 at 03:54 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 12:34 PM   #3616
Kodos
Resident Alien

Can't wait.
Old 05-04-2022, 12:42 PM   #3617
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
My wife and I are struggling with Ozark. Dragging along.

I tapped out after Season 2. I know people love the show but I hated just about every character and it was slow and repetitive.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 12:49 PM   #3618
Kodos
Resident Alien

Count me among those who love Ozark. Great show.
Old 05-05-2022, 10:13 AM   #3619
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Oh yay, a fictionalized version of The Staircase. Just what we need is a "based on a true story" version of actual events that were made famous by a documentary filmed as those events unfolded in real time. I wonder if they brought in Oliver Stone to direct the owl scenes...
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 07:27 AM   #3620
GrantDawg

Just found out that Kids In The Hall is going to have a new season come out on Amazon Prime May 13th. Hyped!
Old 05-09-2022, 09:01 AM   #3621
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
https://www.hulu.com/movie/derek-del...f-e25fe10c7299

It's a one-of-a-kind thing. I found it very moving and interesting, and I recommend it. I would think that seeing the live show could be really enchanting.

Some disagree, and I guess I can see why, as well.

The guy is a highly trained "magician" and there are a number of card tricks and such things, but he's aiming for something different than just a magic show. But, I suppose, if you'd totally hate a magic show, then skip this.

This came out during the pandemic, and was a pretty unique performance. I'd highly suggest as well
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 07:52 PM   #3622
tarcone
Coordinator

We Were Soldiers is the most intense and disturbing war movie ever

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 08:52 PM   #3623
Atocep
Coordinator

I finished the first season of the Flight Attendant and that show is damn good. I had no idea Kaley Cuoco could be such a good actress.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 09:25 PM   #3624
RainMaker
General Manager

Anyone seen Moon Knight yet? Not a huge Marvel fan but it did interest me. Oscar Isaac is great in everything.
Old 05-09-2022, 09:30 PM   #3625
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
We Were Soldiers is the most intense and disturbing war movie ever

The book is even better IMO. Hal Moore (and Joe Galloway) provided a masterwork in the genre.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 05-09-2022 at 09:31 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 09:47 PM   #3626
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
The book is even better IMO. Hal Moore (and Joe Galloway) provided a masterwork in the genre.

Agreed. Movie is fine, little cheesy. Book is incredible.
Old 05-10-2022, 01:09 AM   #3627
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I guess it was a good bit of story telling if I was actually happy the Lakers won the title on Winning Time.
Old 05-10-2022, 07:53 AM   #3628
PilotMan
Head Coach

Aww man! Spoilers!

Like Steam?

Old 05-10-2022, 11:31 AM   #3629
GrantDawg

I have only watched a couple of episodes of Winning Time so far, but I totally get why certain people are upset by how they are being portrayed.

Old 05-10-2022, 11:42 AM   #3630
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
I have only watched a couple of episodes of Winning Time so far, but I totally get why certain people are upset by how they are being portrayed.

I really enjoyed watching this. I sort of binged it over the past two weeks and enjoyed it. That was a little before my time, so I really enjoyed (and thought the best part was) the dynamic between McKinney (who I had never even heard of), Westhead, and Riley. I thought the actor that played McKinney was really good, as was the actor that played Spencer Haywood (even though that part got over the top). The guys that played Bird and Kareem were standouts for me, too.

I had heard the blowback about and from West, but after the first couple of episodes, I thought they actually did a good job of showing him as just being insanely competitive. I think he looked like a caricature at first and then became more and more likable as the season went on. Magic is the one that seems like he came out looking the worst, with all the womanizing and prostitutes. Glad there is going to be, at least, a season 2 because they sure didn't let him get much of a redemption arc.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 12:08 PM   #3631
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I don’t understand how Kareem was bashing it when he easily had the best edit of anyone and the show went out of its way to build up how he was so amazing. Jamaal Wilkes is a Hall of Famer and they could have given him a bit more to do.

One thing they left off, and honestly it’s not a big deal, but the Lakers made some throwaway trade during 79-80 that lead to them getting the #1 pick for Worthy.

Guessing season 2 focuses on 80-81 and at least some of 81-82 because of obvious spoilers.

Haywood is a fascinating guy. This was a good mini-doc about him I watched on YouTube. https://youtu.be/X_khl9Aw7kM

They also bought a book about the Kobe Shaq Lakers so this could eventually lead into that.
Old 05-10-2022, 12:58 PM   #3632
GrantDawg

Quote:
I don’t understand how Kareem was bashing it when he easily had the best edit of anyone and the show went out of its way to build up how he was so amazing....
I'm guessing the episode one "F*ck off, kid" probably turned him off on the rest of the show.
Old 05-10-2022, 05:14 PM   #3633
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
I don’t understand how Kareem was bashing it when he easily had the best edit of anyone and the show went out of its way to build up how he was so amazing. Jamaal Wilkes is a Hall of Famer and they could have given him a bit more to do.

One thing they left off, and honestly it’s not a big deal, but the Lakers made some throwaway trade during 79-80 that lead to them getting the #1 pick for Worthy.

Guessing season 2 focuses on 80-81 and at least some of 81-82 because of obvious spoilers.

Haywood is a fascinating guy. This was a good mini-doc about him I watched on YouTube. The Redemption of Spencer Haywood - YouTube

They also bought a book about the Kobe Shaq Lakers so this could eventually lead into that.

According to him, though, John C. Reilly is only contracted currently for one more season.
Old 05-10-2022, 07:12 PM   #3634
RainMaker
General Manager

Isn't Kareem a pretty notorious prick toward fans? I know I've heard a few stories of him telling kids to piss off when asking for an autograph.
Old 05-11-2022, 07:42 AM   #3635
Bobble
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Isn't Kareem a pretty notorious prick toward fans? I know I've heard a few stories of him telling kids to piss off when asking for an autograph.

I don't know about that but I do remember this one time Kareem was piloting a plane and a kid innocently relayed that his old man didn't think Kareem hustled enough. Kareem WENT OFF on the poor little guy.
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 09:09 AM   #3636
Ksyrup

Not a streaming show, but I'm stoked to see that season 9 of Alone starts May 26. Easily one of my favorite shows.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 05-11-2022, 09:51 AM   #3637
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post

Artistic license aside, I wonder if it is the portrayal or that we are seeing their 1980's behavior with 2022 eyes and morals.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 09:58 AM   #3638
Ksyrup

Also, the Kids in the Hall revival hits Amazon Prime on Friday.
Old 05-23-2022, 12:57 PM   #3639
Ksyrup

The new Kids in the Hall is way better than I thought it would be. They threaded the needle on self-deprecation/parody, nostalgia and pushing boundaries really effectively.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 05-23-2022 at 01:04 PM.
Old 05-23-2022, 01:08 PM   #3640
stevew
Hall Of Famer

wasn't so sure about the last couple-ish episodes of Barry but last night was great.
Old 05-28-2022, 01:18 PM   #3641
PilotMan
Head Coach

Shoresy on Hulu for fans of Letterkenny.

Like Steam?

Old 05-29-2022, 06:58 PM   #3642
Atocep
Coordinator

Obi Wan is solid and I'm excited to see where it's going, but holy shit the child actor for Leia isn't very good. And stop with the terrible chase scenes. I mean, seriously, please stop with the children outrunning adults because the adults are running like they have a plunger up their ass and then run into tree branches right in front of their face and any number of other chase scene tropes that have been horrible since the beginning of time.
Old 05-31-2022, 01:10 PM   #3643
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Obi Wan is solid and I'm excited to see where it's going, but holy shit the child actor for Leia isn't very good. And stop with the terrible chase scenes. I mean, seriously, please stop with the children outrunning adults because the adults are running like they have a plunger up their ass and then run into tree branches right in front of their face and any number of other chase scene tropes that have been horrible since the beginning of time.
Hahaha yeah I said exactly that. I know Stormtroopers are notoriously bad at shooting, but when you have a 10? year old girl outrunning multiple henchmen in the woods because they apparently can't go around branches it felt like a parody.

Also just finished We Own This City. What a gut punch of an ending, glad I didn't spoil it by reading up on the case before.
Spoiler
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 10:46 AM   #3644
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I simultaneously like and hate the adventures of Baby Leia and Old Ben. Today's episode was a bit too fanfic. Like Vader had wanted to use his version of the “jerk store” come back for too long.
Old 06-04-2022, 01:27 PM   #3645
Atocep
Coordinator

Episode 3 of Obi Wan was really good.
Old 06-07-2022, 11:58 PM   #3646
Edward64
Head Coach

Watched a couple episodes of Obi-Wan and enjoying it. The young Leia is fun.

Watched a couple episodes of Stranger Things and overall enjoying it also. However, the actors "maturity" is a distraction. I hope this is the last season for those characters but wouldn't mind another group of kids to continue.

Finished watching Ozarks. A little disappointed in the ending but overall a great series. Will miss it.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 02:25 PM   #3647
Edward64
Head Coach

Ug, episode 3 light saber fighting was horrible. Com’on invest in a better choreographer and training.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 03:51 PM   #3648
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I never even finished the Boba Fett show, so I don't think I'll even bother with this Obi Wan show, considering the middling reaction here and everywhere else.

Being a Star Wars 'fan' just seems exhausting these days (and I'm not sure I even qualify as one anymore). I just liked some movies from the 70s/80s, I didn't realize I was signing on to a 1000 year commitment to the Sea Org or whatever.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 03:51 PM   #3649
BishopMVP
Coordinator

I'll finish watching the series because it's 6 episodes, but the production value difference between it & Mando/Boba Fett is baffling. Did getting Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christiansen take up a huge chunk of the budget or something? Even the writing is leaving huge holes
Spoiler
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 03:55 PM   #3650
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
I'll finish watching the series because it's 6 episodes, but the production value difference between it & Mando/Boba Fett is baffling. Did getting Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christiansen take up a huge chunk of the budget or something? Even the writing is leaving huge holes
Spoiler

Spoiler