Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-30-2012, 12:40 PM   #451
Rizon
Pro Starter

This morning my boss hands me a stack of papers and wants to me add up a column on each paper to get a total.

I look through the papers, and they are printouts of an Excel sheet ... filled out by hand, because the people doing them have 0 skill on computers/Excel.

What do you even SAY to something like that?????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:52 PM   #452
DanGarion
Coordinator

Similar to Rizon.

This morning I have an email from my "supervisor" asking me to provide any reference to driving while on a cell phone in a company vehicle within our defensive driving materials.

He's trained this material before, has access to the same materials that I do and is the one that prints all the materials out (I strictly teach the class and don't have a softcopy of the materials to pull this information for him from).

So I just told him I didn't have a soft copy and told him which module in the defensive driving material has information regarding driving distractions. Something he should easily had access to.

I swear my supervision is a moron.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:23 PM   #453
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon View Post
This morning my boss hands me a stack of papers and wants to me add up a column on each paper to get a total.

I look through the papers, and they are printouts of an Excel sheet ... filled out by hand, because the people doing them have 0 skill on computers/Excel.

I know I've said this before, by I honestly think sometimes we work at the same place...separated by about 3000 miles.

I create a shit ton of things in Excel for other people to use in various departments because they want dropdowns, etc

Then they come back to me because people aren't using the forms properly. One idiot didn't like that what he wanted to populate the field with wasn't available in the dropdown...so he printed it without a selection, then handwrote his choice.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:28 PM   #454
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Stories like this make you wonder why unemployment is not more prevalent. None of those people should have a job at this point, considering the lack of computer skills.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:33 PM   #455
JediKooter
Coordinator

How do those people get dressed and find their way to work in the mornings?

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:46 PM   #456
Rizon
Pro Starter

I hate when someone else screws up at work and I have to go into a meeting and explain their mistake and then get chewed out for it, even though it's not my department. Ughghghghhghghghg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 05:53 PM   #457
PilotMan
Head Coach

People who stand on a moving walkway.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:10 PM   #458
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
I hate when someone else screws up at work and I have to go into a meeting and explain their mistake and then get chewed out for it, even though it's not my department. Ughghghghhghghghg

Chain of command, baby. Shit rolls downhill.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:12 PM   #459
stevew
Hall Of Famer

People who stop/congregate in a fucking doorway. Keep moving motherfuckers.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:28 PM   #460
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Gas pumps that don't have the click to keep gas flowing so I have to squeeze the whole time. I feel like these fuckers should have to self label. As far as I can tell, not having the click is not a state law or anything.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:48 PM   #461
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
People who stand on a moving walkway.

haha, you obviously spend a lot of time in airports.

I have no problem with it as long as they keep to the right.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:49 PM   #462
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Gas pumps that don't have the click to keep gas flowing so I have to squeeze the whole time. I feel like these fuckers should have to self label. As far as I can tell, not having the click is not a state law or anything.

It is a state law in Massachusetts. Gas Stations are now allowed to have those, you are forced to remain at the pump holding it the entire time, and squeezing your gas cap in there to keep it going is illegal and can result in a fine.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:59 PM   #463
stevew
Hall Of Famer

It's a dumb lottery in PA as to whether they have it. Most stations do. But when I need to fill from empty it will always be non-click if I've never been to the station before.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:50 PM   #464
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

no way i'd still want full auto. you have to monitor that shit

cute girl in yoga pants...
47 DOLLARS! WHAT THE-

Last edited by NorvTurnerOverdrive : 05-15-2012 at 07:50 PM.
NorvTurnerOverdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:08 PM   #465
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I drive for a living, so I generally put around 35-40$ a day in my vehicle.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:54 PM   #466
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

It really should be harder to get a drivers license. It is a privilege, not a right.
Old 05-23-2012, 04:37 PM   #467
Autumn
Head Coach

People who let their dog crap on my yard.

Dog shit is a huge pet peeve of mine, I'm sure I've posted it in here in general. But today it totally screwed the few minutes of time I had to play with the kids. We own a business and I go to school half-time, and we're dead broke, so I don't get much of any time to just relax with the kids even though I'm home and watch them a lot. Today, despite the fact that I couldn't really afford it, I was spending a few minutes playing baseball with my sons. Feeling bad about how little time I spend doing so, given my son's ability at teeball.

Anyway, suddenly everything smells like shit. I see a crap and go to get a shovel to pick it up and realize there's more already on my boot. All told I found four different dog shits in my yard. I had to scoop it all up, which was not easy given how soft and mushed in it was, then had to spend forever trying to clean my boot.

I don't have dogs for a reason, and that reason is dealing with dog shit. I'm already pissed someone leaves their dog's shit in my yard for me to deal with, or my kids to roll through. But the fact that it killed what little time I didn't even have to play with kids has me pretty rip shit right now.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:40 PM   #468
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Hadn't seen one in years up here until my local Costco put in a gas bar! I *heart* Costco!
johnnyshaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:11 PM   #469
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

I don't have dogs for a reason, and that reason is dealing with dog shit. I shared the fertilizer with my neighbors but noticed they got upset, thought it would bring my neighbors together.... Shouldn't have took their dog out without their permission as I just made things worse. I hate dog shit, why can't people get along.

TCY Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:21 PM   #470
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
People who stop/congregate in a fucking doorway. Keep moving motherfuckers.
People who do it in a hallway too. I have to slalom through the halls because people decide to just stop in the middle of them to talk. This is especially bad at big events. Go off to the side and do it.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:38 PM   #471
Autumn
Head Coach

People who walk on the side of the road instead of on the sidewalk, then walk side by side, and don't go single file even if a car is coming and it's a narrow road. Excuse me, your highness.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:07 PM   #472
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Lol Autumn. I have that same thought like 3 or 4 times a night. I fly on the back roads and I will attempt to look out for everyone. But if you want to walk side by side you're going to get hit by someone aloof. I usually horn bomb these people just so that they will flip me off.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:11 PM   #473
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Hate hate hate motorcycles. Especially fuckers with canon loudness Harley's. Why don't the cops pull over and ticket these assholes. I know it's a but ambiguous to define when a Harley tard has too loud of a bike, but I feel like you know it when you hear it.

Last edited by stevew : 05-23-2012 at 08:18 PM.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:16 PM   #474
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Hate hate hate motorcycles. Especially fuckers with canon loudness Harley's. Why don't the cops pull over and ticket these assholes. I know it's a but ambiguous to define when a yard has too loud of a bike, but I feel like you know it when you hear it.

I always like to wash my windows when a motorcycle is riding my ass.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 05:36 PM   #475
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Web pages that try to do too much which results in slow loading and difficult to navigate pages. This seems to be getting much worse lately - developers seem to be going crazy with the client scripting with a total disregard for page performance.

I used to prefer sports.yahoo.com/mlb not because it had the coolest UI, but because it was basic and gave the info I needed. Now they overhauled it and it's a f**king slow loading, information overloaded mess.

I want to see today's baseball boxscores, maybe some important headlines and that's pretty much it. But here's a sampling of other information that someone decided it was a good idea to shove onto this page:
* Charlie Sheen is quitting twitter
* Fantasy Football signups are live (about 50% of the total screen real estate is devoted to this)
* Mom suing Justin Beiber
* An auto-playing video - not an ad but some bullshit baseball video that I didn't request to see
* A link to a slideshow describing Cole Hamel's suspension back in May...wtf?
* a page header that takes up 60% of my screen; a footer that takes up 50% of my screen

Last edited by lighthousekeeper : 07-14-2012 at 05:39 PM.
lighthousekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 05:46 PM   #476
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
People who walk on the side of the road instead of on the sidewalk, then walk side by side, and don't go single file even if a car is coming and it's a narrow road. Excuse me, your highness.

Can I get an extension?

Groups of 3 or more that walk through an area side by side and expect you to either stop and let them pass and/or get out of their way. Like there's unwritten Groups of 3 or More laws that I should abide by.

Most times I will attempt to disrupt the party/conversation as I pass by. That's my contribution.
Old 07-14-2012, 05:57 PM   #477
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post
Web pages that try to do too much which results in slow loading and difficult to navigate pages. This seems to be getting much worse lately - developers seem to be going crazy with the client scripting with a total disregard for page performance.

Try the Element Hiding Helper for AdBlock Plus (if you're using Firefox, not sure whether the name/function is exactly the same with other browsers).

It's the only way I can surf most newspaper sites as well as several others, once installed you just aim (carefully) at the offending bits that drag performance to nearly nothing and fire ... crappy crap you didn't give a crap about no longer loads.

I think the worst is probably ajc.com (Atlanta newspaper site) where I've got somewhere between 2-3 dozen elements hidden.
Old 07-14-2012, 06:18 PM   #478
molson
General Manager

Aggressive dogs off-leash whose owners don't seem to be even bothered when their dog attacks me and my leashed, non-aggressive dog.

I picked up some dog pepper spray today, so I'm sure I'll get into an angry confrontation with an asshole dog owner at some point, but I'll take that over the bite wounds I currently have on my legs from an incident a few days back, or any more injuries to my dog. I'm not trigger happy, but if there's an angry off-leash dog within a few feet of me, he's getting the whole bottle (or maybe I'll save just a little for the owner, in case that's necessary).

Last edited by molson : 07-14-2012 at 06:19 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 06:23 PM   #479
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post

Quote:
Lol Autumn. I have that same thought like 3 or 4 times a night. I fly on the back roads and I will attempt to look out for everyone. But if you want to walk side by side you're going to get hit by someone aloof. I usually horn bomb these people just so that they will flip me off.

What is really annoying is when you get a group of walkers/bike riders doing this. Sometimes they will split up when a car comes, with half going onto the right side of the road and the others on the left side so the car has to drive right through the middle of them. All on a road that has a bike/walking path anyway which these people think they are too cool for.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 06:24 PM   #480
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post
* a page header that takes up 60% of my screen; a footer that takes up 50% of my screen

How are they fitting everything else into the -10% of your screen?

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 06:38 PM   #481
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
People who drive the speed limit or below in the left lane.

I don't speed, and I drive in the left lane. My pet peeve is people behind me hitting their horn when I'm doing 70 in the left lane. If 70 is the limit, you shouldn't be doing over that to begin with. Slow the hell down.

Last edited by WVUFAN : 07-14-2012 at 06:39 PM.
WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 07:38 PM   #482
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUFAN View Post
I don't speed, and I drive in the left lane. My pet peeve is people behind me hitting their horn when I'm doing 70 in the left lane. If 70 is the limit, you shouldn't be doing over that to begin with. Slow the hell down.

This is a valid viewpoint that I know others to possess. However, I like to point to the signs that say "Slower Traffic Keep Right."
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:05 PM   #483
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Drivers who dictate the speed limit to other people are kind of being dicks. The left lane is to pass, the right lane is for cruising.
Old 07-14-2012, 08:11 PM   #484
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
Can I get an extension?

Groups of 3 or more that walk through an area side by side and expect you to either stop and let them pass and/or get out of their way. Like there's unwritten Groups of 3 or More laws that I should abide by.

Most times I will attempt to disrupt the party/conversation as I pass by. That's my contribution.

Fat fucks blocking the aisles conversating and/or blocking door ways especially.
Old 07-14-2012, 08:16 PM   #485
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Trola-
Will agree though that going 70 in the passing lane really doesn't make you part of the problem, as long as its a hard cruise controlled 70 vs a 63-72 erratic range.
Old 07-14-2012, 08:26 PM   #486
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Drivers who dictate the speed limit to other people are kind of being dicks. The left lane is to pass, the right lane is for cruising.

People who drive 10+ miles over the speed limit are dangerous to me, so I have every right to dictate the speed when it affects me.

I have my cruise control on 70 if that's the speed limit. I just don't see how people would have a problem with that. Most of the time I try to stay in the right lane, but there's times when I'm over on the left, and it really pisses me off when people going at least 80 mpg are honking their horns behind me.

Last edited by WVUFAN : 07-14-2012 at 08:27 PM.
Old 07-14-2012, 08:27 PM   #487
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I have my cruise control on 70 if that's the speed limit. I just don't see how people would have a problem with that.

Because there's an incredible number of dumb fucks who resent you denying them their (hallucinatory) "right" to go 95.
Old 07-14-2012, 08:31 PM   #488
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I think there's a disconnect between the speed limit and it being set just for safety. There's also a significant revenue component built into these limits....especially when you see long stretches of 25mph.
Old 07-14-2012, 08:55 PM   #489
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Some stores you can just pay via credit and don't have to sign if it's under a certain amount(like $25). Other times you get the "hold on, I need you to sign this" thing for a $3.34 purchase. How about saying debit or credit that you have to sign.
Old 07-14-2012, 08:59 PM   #490
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
People who drive 10+ miles over the speed limit are dangerous to me, so I have every right to dictate the speed when it affects me.

I have my cruise control on 70 if that's the speed limit. I just don't see how people would have a problem with that. Most of the time I try to stay in the right lane, but there's times when I'm over on the left, and it really pisses me off when people going at least 80 mpg are honking their horns behind me.

Newsflash. You aren't safer going 70 and not passing in the left lane. Regardless of any "fast enough" notions you have.

Last edited by jeff061 : 07-14-2012 at 08:59 PM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:57 PM   #491
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

and you shouldn't be in the left lane unless you are passing someone, so you are equally as wrong.
Old 07-14-2012, 09:59 PM   #492
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Rare, but if you stay in the left lane long enough, you can get pulled over for it.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:00 PM   #493
britrock88
Pro Starter

+8 all the way. And I get over to the right well before anyone catches up from behind.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:27 PM   #494
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I don't pour my drinks into anything. I will always drink straight from the can if possible. I don't even like the feel/taste of pop in a glass without ice.

I'm with you, assuming we're talking about soda, not whatever weird substance you're referring to.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:31 PM   #495
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
Newsflash. You aren't safer going 70 and not passing in the left lane. Regardless of any "fast enough" notions you have.

Oh, I disagree. If I'm in the right lane, and I'm going the speed limit (70, for example), NO ONE should be passing me. But they do. I see the morons going 10-15+ faster than me just fly by all the time. I see them speeding by and I see a potential wreck that might affect me.

By going on the left lane, those some morons can't go 85-95 miles an hour. I'm doing a public service.

I really, REALLY hate speed freaks. Just because your car can go 95 mph or faster doesn't give you the right to do it, and if me irritating you by (GASP!) going the speed limit and impeding you, well, that's tough. Slow the hell down.

Old 07-14-2012, 11:41 PM   #496
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Oh, I disagree. If I'm in the right lane, and I'm going the speed limit (70, for example), NO ONE should be passing me. But they do. I see the morons going 10-15+ faster than me just fly by all the time. I see them speeding by and I see a potential wreck that might affect me.

By going on the left lane, those some morons can't go 85-95 miles an hour. I'm doing a public service.

I really, REALLY hate speed freaks. Just because your car can go 95 mph or faster doesn't give you the right to do it, and if me irritating you by (GASP!) going the speed limit and impeding you, well, that's tough. Slow the hell down.

You missed the point that you are still going 70 mph in a car.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:59 PM   #497
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Spare the self-important tones here. You're just as much of a problem as people doing 25 MPH over the speed limit. The left lane is for PASSING, not for cruising or trying to impose your beliefs on others. Convenient that you pick 70 as the "example" when that is already a relatively high rate of speed. Let's dial that back to a road with speed limit 55. I know for damn sure that I can drive that road at 60-65 quite safely so if you want to do 55 then get your ass over to the right and let the rest of the world pass.

For the record, I hate people that feel the need to drive like aggressive a-holes just as much.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:05 AM   #498
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

you DO realize how much of a hypocrite you are?
Old 07-15-2012, 12:17 AM   #499
stevew
Hall Of Famer

To be fair, driving 85 in WVA is considerably more dangerous than driving 85 somewhere like Ohio or the other flat states.
Old 07-15-2012, 01:13 AM   #500
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Spare the self-important tones here. You're just as much of a problem as people doing 25 MPH over the speed limit. The left lane is for PASSING, not for cruising or trying to impose your beliefs on others. Convenient that you pick 70 as the "example" when that is already a relatively high rate of speed. Let's dial that back to a road with speed limit 55. I know for damn sure that I can drive that road at 60-65 quite safely so if you want to do 55 then get your ass over to the right and let the rest of the world pass.

For the record, I hate people that feel the need to drive like aggressive a-holes just as much.

Edit: I had a bunch more written up, but it doesn't really matter. I've said my pet peeve, a bunch of you disagree. To each his own.

Last edited by WVUFAN : 07-15-2012 at 01:25 AM.