Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-20-2010, 10:41 AM   #251
molson
General Manager

I think people that adopt older dogs are pretty much the greatest people in the world. And I'm likewise annoyed when someone adopts a adorbable puppy from a shelter and then brags about "saving" it - when the puppy obviously would have had no problem being adopted anyway.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:46 AM   #252
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

I was standing in line waiting to checkout and had to wait for the lady to write a check. My only thought was, 'Who the hell writes checks anymore?'
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:47 AM   #253
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
I looked over to my left and the driver in the lane next to me was giving me the dirtiest look...took me a second to realize that I must have looked exactly like I picked my nose and ate it. Awesome

Maybe they thought you were eating chocolate covered pretzels?
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 05-20-2010, 11:06 AM   #254
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Fire alarm woke us up this morning, talk about a rude awakening.
Dodgerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:07 AM   #255
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Was eating a Clif Builder's Bar the other day while driving into the office after my shift. It had melted a little in my car, and I ended up getting some chocolate on my nose. I wiped it off my nose and licked it off my finger because hey, who wastes chocolate?

I looked over to my left and the driver in the lane next to me was giving me the dirtiest look...took me a second to realize that I must have looked exactly like I picked my nose and ate it. Awesome
Old 05-20-2010, 11:07 AM   #256
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
I was standing in line waiting to checkout and had to wait for the lady to write a check. My only thought was, 'Who the hell writes checks anymore?'

There was a woman that I'd swear took out her checkbook yesterday in Taco Bell. Taco. Bell.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:09 AM   #257
molson
General Manager

Checks can still be extremely useful, for example, for committing identify theft.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:13 AM   #258
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

I just saw this on Facebook, omg.. seriously?

Old 05-20-2010, 11:15 AM   #259
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
I just saw this on Facebook, omg.. seriously?

I don't get it.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:16 AM   #260
JediKooter
Coordinator

And that's probably why Netflix just laid off 160 people today.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:19 AM   #261
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

It's the obsession with Twilight. Some women really want to be that Bella chick, it's ridiculous.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:19 AM   #262
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I don't get it.

+1
Old 05-20-2010, 11:28 AM   #263
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Walmart could destroy just about any company that they wanted to.

Last edited by stevew : 05-20-2010 at 11:29 AM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:51 AM   #264
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:

I still prefer using checks, TBH. I never use my debit card and my credit card only rarely.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:53 AM   #265
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Only thing we use checks for is locally - school stuff, sports stuff, etc. Everything goes on one CC that gets paid off monthly, and we get Delta sky miles for it.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:56 AM   #266
JediKooter
Coordinator

I do not fear the Reaper.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 05-20-2010, 01:09 PM   #267
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

If you remove the metaphors, R. Kelly's song "Ignition (Remix)" would be titled "Vagina (Remix)".
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 02:21 PM   #268
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Was eating a Clif Builder's Bar the other day while driving into the office after my shift. It had melted a little in my car, and I ended up getting some chocolate on my nose. I wiped it off my nose and licked it off my finger because hey, who wastes chocolate?

I saw a guy in a car going to town using his pinky and yes, it went in his mouth.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:12 PM   #269
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

So...

Spoiler
Old 05-20-2010, 08:20 PM   #270
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman View Post
Hope none of these storms drop a tornado.

You live in Oklahoma, right? That's like 3 weeks in a row with a night with a "high" area over Oklahoma from the Storm Prediction Center for severe weather.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 08:20 PM   #271
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Checks can still be extremely useful, for example, for committing identify theft.

+1

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 10:39 AM   #272
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Some UIC with my wife this morning, this seems like a great discreet place to share it (although I admit in advance that you might have to know more about the discussion than I can share for it to be as funny to you as it was to me).

Long story as short as I can tell it, we're discussing a moderate screw-up on a commercial video shoot by a nationally known on-camera talent. In spite of several opportunities to mention this previously, he calls this morning & says "the copy is too long, I can't get this into 30 seconds".

My wife is telling me about it & I went on a mini-rant about how "that's why you always do a timing read in advance, even my Sounds-like-Foxworthy-doing-Larry-the-Cable-Guy-HS-educated-self-knows-that-much".

My closing line was "that's a problem created by absolute hubris".
Her response? "I don't think he's smoking as much as he used to so that probably wasn't the problem"

Brief discussion about the difference in "hubris" and "cannabis" follows
Old 05-21-2010, 10:47 AM   #273
MJ4H
Coordinator

lol
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 10:50 AM   #274
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

FTR, yes my almost-as-smart-as-me wife does know the difference in the two. But the influence of his known (to us) affection for certain substances subconsciously took over her mind & steered her immediately to what she thought I said.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:31 AM   #275
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Red-Headed Vixen

We've now reached the point in the year where it's too hot to be drinking coffee in the morning. I'm sad. I enjoyed my coffee on the patio in the morning.
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 11:32 AM   #276
JediKooter
Coordinator

So you did a commercial with Chong?

Old 05-24-2010, 11:11 PM   #277
Radii
Head Coach

Hello high speed internet providers: I'm ok with having to answer 5 stupid questions from front line support, even though I spent 3 hours on the phone with your support staff earlier in the same day and you're staring at my trouble ticket. I'm ok with everyone I talk to walking me through clearing my internet cache before taking me seriously, but when you put me on hold to "review my case and read through my trouble ticket" and after 5 minutes you come back and ask me if I have ever had working internet service(the case/ticket should clearly state that I have working access but that my modem is frequently cycling itself, also we've been paying you for DSL service for 4+ years now), I'm going to yell at you, ask for your manager, and yell at him until he's tired of being yelled at too. You are either incompetent or your support processes suck.

Last edited by Radii : 05-24-2010 at 11:12 PM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:26 PM   #278
stevew
Hall Of Famer

pokemon.

Fuck yeah!
Old 05-25-2010, 12:42 AM   #279
JS19
College Prospect

Peter Pan, in the Hook version anyhow, was a straight pimp. Had Wendy, Tinkerbell, and his wife all over his junk.
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 01:33 AM   #280
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farrah Whitworth-Rahn View Post
We've now reached the point in the year where it's too hot to be drinking coffee in the morning. I'm sad. I enjoyed my coffee on the patio in the morning.

never
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 01:36 AM   #281
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
Hello high speed internet providers: I'm ok with having to answer 5 stupid questions from front line support, even though I spent 3 hours on the phone with your support staff earlier in the same day and you're staring at my trouble ticket. I'm ok with everyone I talk to walking me through clearing my internet cache before taking me seriously, but when you put me on hold to "review my case and read through my trouble ticket" and after 5 minutes you come back and ask me if I have ever had working internet service(the case/ticket should clearly state that I have working access but that my modem is frequently cycling itself, also we've been paying you for DSL service for 4+ years now), I'm going to yell at you, ask for your manager, and yell at him until he's tired of being yelled at too. You are either incompetent or your support processes suck.

Verizon? They were a bunch of clueless motherfuckers.
Old 05-25-2010, 01:49 AM   #282
korme
Go Reds

What does that have to do with verizon?
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 01:59 AM   #283
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Verizon DSL Support staff was a bunch of fucking idiots, every time I complained they would run the same 3 line tests and then tell me everything was ok.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:32 AM   #284
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Red-Headed Vixen

Would never, ever move back to California. If I had to choose between death and California, I'd choose death.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:37 AM   #285
molson
General Manager

My new DirecTV/DVR/HDTV setup is making me very happy. Like, generally more happy. All the time. I think part of that is the whole setup, but part of it is just an appreciation of the time we live in. Sports TV subscription packages, high speed internet, redbox and netflix, self-serve checkouts. Yes, probably everyone outside of the medievel dark ages could feel that they lived in a "modern time", but I am just appreciating it more than usual at the moment.

Last edited by molson : 05-25-2010 at 10:38 AM.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:44 AM   #286
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
I'm going to yell at you, ask for your manager, and yell at him until he's tired of being yelled at too. You are either incompetent or your support processes suck.

I've had success starting off right away going... "Hi, I'm having an internet issue. I know you have the playbook in front of you that will tell me to reset my computer for 3 minutes, clear out my cache, unplug the modem, reset the modem. I've done all that. I've had this service for years with minimal issues, I don't have a new computer nor have I recently installed anything. If there are no existing network issues on your side, please do the line test and then shuffle me to the next level of support. Thanks"

Seems to work for me...
Old 05-25-2010, 10:45 AM   #287
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

I will never again subscribe to Directv.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:49 AM   #288
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
I saw a guy in a car going to town using his pinky and yes, it went in his mouth.

http://www.damninteresting.com/you-c...pick-your-nose
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 10:51 AM   #289
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I will never again subscribe to Directv.

Wondering what your thoughts are against them?

I recently changed away from D-TV and have regretted it every day since
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 10:55 AM   #290
JediKooter
Coordinator

I really hate Comcast and if there was an alternative where I could just watch what I wanted to watch and not have to deal with the 60% of the other channels that I never watch, I'd be happy.

Old 05-25-2010, 10:57 AM   #291
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
I have an irrational dislike for people who watch LOST and post about it in their Facebook status updates.

+1
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:01 AM   #292
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Holy fucking shit weddings are expensive.
Coffee Warlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:03 AM   #293
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post

There's a reason I'm leaving an IT job to run a place that hosts weddings.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:06 AM   #294
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Red-Headed Vixen

Quote:

In other news, scientists discovered today that water is indeed wet.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:07 AM   #295
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

You shut up. IT'S YOUR FAULT. IF WEDDINGS WERE BUILT BY GUYS THEY'D COST 5 BUCKS.
Coffee Warlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:08 AM   #296
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:

Just do the wedding yourself. As soon as someone hears: "It's for my wedding" the prices go up 400%.

For my wedding, we did everything except make the dress, the cake and hired a DJ. Total cost was about 4500 and, to me at least, it felt more personal that me and my wife did all of this together and everyone had a good time.

Old 05-25-2010, 11:12 AM   #297
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Red-Headed Vixen

Quote:
You shut up. IT'S YOUR FAULT. IF WEDDINGS WERE BUILT BY GUYS THEY'D COST 5 BUCKS.

Actually, it is not. I didn't have a large wedding. We eloped.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:13 AM   #298
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Red-Headed Vixen

Dola - Weddings on a budget can be just as special and elegant as large expensive ones. It's all about how much work you want to do yourself.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:16 AM   #299
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

My girlfriend is awesome- her dream wedding is at my hunting camp next to the pond under the big oak trees and have a huge crawfish boil / jambalaya...it's going to be cheap and niceee.
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:18 AM   #300
Izulde
Head Coach

Personally I'd like a medium to large wedding in Andalucia or Italy.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote