Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-11-2013, 09:49 PM   #251
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

All reservations should receive an e-mail detailing how to sign up for FP+. I didn't bother using it because the lines are so short in early October that it's rarely needed.

Craig is correct about the Food and Wine Festival. Was much better than two years ago in regards to the number of options available. We left the kids with the grandparents one night and make a quick tour of the world. Always fun.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:54 PM   #252
Izulde
Head Coach

Awesome news re: F&W Fest. Going to be there in early November.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 07:44 AM   #253
CraigSca
Pro Starter

FYI - Disney posted their first renderings of the new Avatar-themed area in Animal Kingdom last night.

First Look: AVATAR to Come to Life at Disney’s Animal Kingdom « Disney Parks Blog
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 11:07 AM   #254
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

No email for fast pass plus yet. I have heard lines are very short first week of December, so hoping it won't be a big deal. Sent an email to the agent.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 10-12-2013 at 11:07 AM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 12:05 PM   #255
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
No email for fast pass plus yet. I have heard lines are very short first week of December, so hoping it won't be a big deal. Sent an email to the agent.

Yeah, you won't need FP more than once a day at that time. Much like early October, there's no one there just after Thanksgiving. That's a great time to go because you get to see all the Christmas stuff without messing with bad crowds.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:12 AM   #256
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Yeah, you won't need FP more than once a day at that time. Much like early October, there's no one there just after Thanksgiving. That's a great time to go because you get to see all the Christmas stuff without messing with bad crowds.

Thanks for the pictures!

Those are great times to go. Plus, you might get yourself into the Disney Christmas special which is taped in early December. We still have one from the late 1990's with our daughter and her Mickey antler ears in the opening montage. Plus her and her now husband holding hands in the crowd watching the stage show at the castle.

We will down there the first weekend in November to attend the Party for the Senses for the third time. Thanks goodness for CM discounts for that expensive monster. Pretty amazing food, though.

A picture tip for all of you that we're enjoying now. Get family pictures in spots that you took pictures before. Each trip take another one in those spots. It is great to look back and see how your family and the park changed--or not.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 09:16 AM   #257
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

We have officially booked as of today. We are going 8/5-8/11 but it'll be a Christmas gift to my 4 year old son who, last week, mentioned Disney out of the blue when he said, "Do you think we can go to Disney sometime so we can laugh and play together?" So yeah, Santa went to work on that immediately.

We're staying at the Art of Animation in a Cars suite. We could have saved a lot of money at an All-Star resort but he really struggles to sleep in the same room as us because he would rather talk, play, etc. We got the premium dining package as well because I want him to get a few character meals out of it so we'll see.

No real specials but I did book through Small World so hopefully some things will pop up over the next few months.

I'll probably be on here bugging you guys with questions until then but thanks for the advice thus far.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:01 AM   #258
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
We have officially booked as of today. We are going 8/5-8/11 but it'll be a Christmas gift to my 4 year old son who, last week, mentioned Disney out of the blue when he said, "Do you think we can go to Disney sometime so we can laugh and play together?" So yeah, Santa went to work on that immediately.

We're staying at the Art of Animation in a Cars suite. We could have saved a lot of money at an All-Star resort but he really struggles to sleep in the same room as us because he would rather talk, play, etc. We got the premium dining package as well because I want him to get a few character meals out of it so we'll see.

No real specials but I did book through Small World so hopefully some things will pop up over the next few months.

I'll probably be on here bugging you guys with questions until then but thanks for the advice thus far.

Those new suites are really fun if you have a kid along. Lots of great theme stuff all over the rooms.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:44 AM   #259
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:

You can start booking dining reservations 6 months ahead of time and I would suggest you do that if you're looking to dine at some of the prime spots like Be Our Guest, Ohana or LeCellier.
how do you know?

Old 10-29-2013, 11:45 AM   #260
revrew
Team Chaplain

Just got back from week-long vacation in Orlando with 16 kids. Yep, took all 16. We had a great time, did several of Disney's free things, got some good photos, and didn't pay a thing except for a bit of parking (would have cost thousands to buy admission into the theme parks, so we just didn't. Had good time anyway).

My top recommendations for doing Orlando on a budget:

1. An hour straight east of Orlando on (toll) 528 is Jetty Park/Beach. Parking is $10, right off the dunes. Great beach, great facilities, cheap rentals for body boards and stuff, very family friendly, fantastic sand, plus, it's just south of the cruise ship port. Watch the giant ships dock and leave, and body surf the waves off their wake. We spent 2 days out at Jetty Beach and 1 day on the Gulf side at "Florida's second best beach" - WAY, WAY preferred Jetty.

2. Downtown Disney - Get a taste of all the glitz and glamor of Disney - at no cost, not even for parking. Shops, fountains, things to see and do, some great photo ops. Kids loved it. LegoLand is down there, get "spit on" by Stitch, take a boat ride across the lake, it's all completely free.

3. Take the ferry and the monorail through Disney. You have to pay $15 for parking at the Magic Kingdom, but then you can hop on the tram and ride the monorail though the parks and see some cool stuff (right up to and around the Epcot "giant golf ball") without a ticket. So long as you don't get off anywhere but the transportation hub, it's all free. I particularly recommend the monorail through Epcot (the best things to see) and the ferry ride, which gives you some good photo ops of the Disney castle.

4. For the grownups, my wife and I celebrated our anniversary at the waterfront in Celebration, the Disney-planned town just south of the parks. Some neat shops, restaurants and nightlife. Plus, they have freely available rocking chairs right on the water, and we enjoyed alligator spotting in the evening hours. We took the kids to the interactive fountain, too, and they had fun for a little while.

Not so recommended:
Disney Boardwalk - Yes, it's free, but there really isn't much to to there.

If you're going to Orlando, I understand wanting to do Disney or Sea World or the swimming with dolphins place (forget what that's called), but if you can't believe how fast the wallet is emptying and you need a break from blowing your life's savings, these are some fun options.
I came to the Crossroad. I took it. And that has made all the difference.

Last edited by revrew : 10-29-2013 at 11:47 AM.
revrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:57 AM   #261
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrew View Post
Just got back from week-long vacation in Orlando with 16 kids. Yep, took all 16.

You have 16 kids!?!?! Or was this some church-thing and you're just trying to be cute??
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:57 AM   #262
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Just got back from week-long vacation in Orlando with 16 kids. Yep, took all 16.

***passes out***
Old 10-29-2013, 12:18 PM   #263
revrew
Team Chaplain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
You have 16 kids!?!?! Or was this some church-thing and you're just trying to be cute??

No, that's accurate. I have 16 children. Two sets of twins. I might put up a picture over in the kids' pic thread. It's the kids on the dock of the ferry going over to the Magic Kingdom, can see the castle in the background.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:24 PM   #264
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No, that's accurate. I have 16 children. Two sets of twins. I might put up a picture over in the kids' pic thread. It's the kids on the dock of the ferry going over to the Magic Kingdom, can see the castle in the background.

Holy fuck!!!!
Old 10-29-2013, 12:43 PM   #265
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
3. Take the ferry and the monorail through Disney. You have to pay $15 for parking at the Magic Kingdom, but then you can hop on the tram and ride the monorail though the parks and see some cool stuff (right up to and around the Epcot "giant golf ball") without a ticket. So long as you don't get off anywhere but the transportation hub, it's all free. I particularly recommend the monorail through Epcot (the best things to see) and the ferry ride, which gives you some good photo ops of the Disney castle.

FYI, you can get off and on at any of the stops for free. The stops are all outside of the gates of the park. You are even reasonably close to the giant golf ball for photo ops. At MK, you probably could've seen half the fireworks show.

Quote:
Not so recommended:
Disney Boardwalk - Yes, it's free, but there really isn't much to to there.

Agreed, Boardwalk sucks.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:42 PM   #266
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Yeah, Boardwalk is more fun if you're staying there and hitting the ESPN Club.
how do you know?

Old 10-29-2013, 02:02 PM   #267
JeeberD
General Manager

No offense to rev, but #3 almost seems cruel to the kids.

"Hey, look, we're inside Disney World! But no, we can't do anything other than look. Sorry."

I understand the monetary constraints with a family that size, but wouldn't it have been better to just stay away from the park?

Of course, you know your family better than I do...they may be mature enough to handle it. I just know I would have felt ripped off as a kid.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:08 PM   #268
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD View Post

"Hey, look, we're inside Disney World! But no, we can't do anything other than look. Sorry."

I understand the monetary constraints with a family that size, but wouldn't it have been better to just stay away from the park?

Of course, you know your family better than I do...they may be mature enough to handle it. I just know I would have felt ripped off as a kid.

Ha - was thinking to myself, "isn't that rather torturous?!"
how do you know?

Old 10-29-2013, 02:11 PM   #269
cuervo72
Head Coach

Look kids - Big Ben! Parliament!
Old 10-29-2013, 03:06 PM   #270
revrew
Team Chaplain

Quote:

Well, kids all knew we were there to hit the beach and see friends. No expectation of doing anything Disney. So the fact we got to see anything at all was basically considered bonus.
Old 10-29-2013, 03:16 PM   #271
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

FWIW, you could take a bus to a resort and use the pools there. No one will check for a resort card, and you can change in a rest room. French Quarter with the dragon slide pool is a direct shot on the Sassagoula line boat, a nice quiet ride itself.

We are flying down Friday morning and returning Sunday for the Party For the Senses on Saturday night--part of Food and Wine. This will be our third one, and the CM discount is greatly needed.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW

Last edited by OldGiants : 10-29-2013 at 03:20 PM.
Old 12-08-2013, 03:44 PM   #272
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We got back today! What a blast! Our 5 year old daughter loved it! I loved it! The wife loved it! One of my favorite vacations ever. Only downside is that wife and I both got some nasty blisters from so much walking. I was amazed how many times waiters/waitresses went out of their way to make our meals special.

One example: We were at 50's Prime Time Cafe. My daughter wanted a dessert that wasn't included with our meal plan. I was prepared to buy it but he comped it and told her it was a special gift for being such a good girl. She hugged him in gratitude. He came out of the restaurant to find us and said, "thank you for lighting up my day with that hug. Here is a special tinker bell toy to light up yours" and gave her a free cool little light up tinker toy.

One of many examples of little extra touches that helped make a great vacation even better.
Old 12-09-2013, 06:43 AM   #273
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Only downside is that wife and I both got some nasty blisters from so much walking.

Yeah, if you're not ready for it, that can make things pretty rough. I was lucky to mostly avoid them last time I was there.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:29 AM   #274
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:

Those kids are going to go hog wild there when they're older and can afford it on their own.

Last edited by Desnudo : 12-09-2013 at 07:29 AM.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:27 AM   #275
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
We got back today! What a blast! Our 5 year old daughter loved it! I loved it! The wife loved it! One of my favorite vacations ever. Only downside is that wife and I both got some nasty blisters from so much walking. I was amazed how many times waiters/waitresses went out of their way to make our meals special.

One example: We were at 50's Prime Time Cafe. My daughter wanted a dessert that wasn't included with our meal plan. I was prepared to buy it but he comped it and told her it was a special gift for being such a good girl. She hugged him in gratitude. He came out of the restaurant to find us and said, "thank you for lighting up my day with that hug. Here is a special tinker bell toy to light up yours" and gave her a free cool little light up tinker toy.

One of many examples of little extra touches that helped make a great vacation even better.

Disney really gets customer service.
Old 07-06-2014, 06:30 PM   #276
cougarfreak
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarfreak View Post
Anyone a vacation club member? I'm debating....

So, we did buy into DVC. We leave this coming Saturday for our first trip as DVC members, 8 nights, 9 days at Animal Kingdom in Kidani Village. I'm again, beyond stoked. The judge even gave me off of jury duty for the week
Old 07-06-2014, 07:03 PM   #277
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Woohoo! Enjoy! Where are you eating?!
how do you know?

Old 07-06-2014, 07:06 PM   #278
cougarfreak
College Starter

We did the meal plan, so we've got one sit down a day. We went all out. I know I'm doing Cape May 2x, the Princess Breakfast at Epcot, T Rex Cafe (for my son), Sanaa in AK, and I know the Polynesian. I think the other two are an Italian sit down and fireworks at Hollywood Studios, and the sit down at Wilderness Lodge.

Last edited by cougarfreak : 07-06-2014 at 07:07 PM.
cougarfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 07:12 PM   #279
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:
We did the meal plan, so we've got one sit down a day. We went all out. I know I'm doing Cape May 2x, the Princess Breakfast at Epcot, T Rex Cafe (for my son), Sanaa in AK, and I know the Polynesian. I think the other two are an Italian sit down and fireworks at Hollywood Studios, and the sit down at Wilderness Lodge.

Cape May is great if you love snow crab (my son's restaurant of choice for his birthday). You'll have to tell me how the Ankershus is at Epcot (the princess breakfast thing) as I have never been there. The school bread (across the way from the Ankershus) is awesome. Polynesian - are you guys doing Ohana? If so, it's a blast - awesome meals there. Order a backscratcher - it literally comes with a backscratcher and I guarantee you won't remember much afterwards

Have a great time!

P.S. Not to be over-bearing, but my family and I live right outside of Orlando and are annual passholders, so if you have any questions, feel free.
how do you know?

Last edited by CraigSca : 07-06-2014 at 07:18 PM.
Old 07-06-2014, 07:21 PM   #280
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

All that food and yet none of it compares to Boma (which may not be on the meal plan at this point, I haven't looked in a while).

Enjoy.
Old 07-06-2014, 08:12 PM   #281
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Just got back from a quick visit and ate at SaNaa again. Love the butter chicken choice as one of three bowls you can choose. Also like the ostrich steak at Boma (which can be on the meal plan but is a double).

The new parade at Magic Kingdom is great, as is the Seven Dwarves Mine ride. The Dwarves ride is short, so use a FastPass or the wait line will make the ride disappointing. The Lion King show is in a new theater in the AK, but the show is the same except better lighting and animatronics.

The wait for the Frozen princesses is ungodly long, so be aware.

The best tip for a hot day at MK is take a break in the upstairs room at Columbia Harbor House. I bought a frozen Mickey bar, took it upstairs and watched the end of a World Cup game on my phone. Very relaxing.

I tried to get into the old Odyssey restaurant in EPCOT to catch a bit of the Brazil-Mexico game. Fat Chance. Packed to the rafters. They weren't allowing anyone else inside.

Last edited by OldGiants : 07-06-2014 at 08:15 PM.
Old 07-06-2014, 08:27 PM   #282
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Enjoy the parade!

Old 07-06-2014, 08:35 PM   #283
cougarfreak
College Starter

Boma sounded familiar, and we are eating there on the last Saturday. Anyone ever used garden grocer? I'm thinking about using them for done snacks and bottled water. We are flying in so I've got no wheels.
Old 07-06-2014, 08:46 PM   #284
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Boma sounded familiar

Best meal I've ever had at WDW, hands down ... and I was highly skeptical beforehand. I ate stuff that I don't even (normally) like and it was amazing.

Quote:
Anyone ever used garden grocer? I'm thinking about using them for done snacks and bottled water. We are flying in so I've got no wheels.

Wife confirmed what I thought, we used it once for Cokes/water/Pop Tarts, no memorable issues or problems or anything. I mean it's kinda in how you look at it I think. On the one hand their stuff is expensive as hell but on the other hand it appears to be cheaper than what you'd pay in the gift shop so in that sense it's a bargain.
Old 07-07-2014, 09:33 AM   #285
cougarfreak
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Best meal I've ever had at WDW, hands down ... and I was highly skeptical beforehand. I ate stuff that I don't even (normally) like and it was amazing.

Wife confirmed what I thought, we used it once for Cokes/water/Pop Tarts, no memorable issues or problems or anything. I mean it's kinda in how you look at it I think. On the one hand their stuff is expensive as hell but on the other hand it appears to be cheaper than what you'd pay in the gift shop so in that sense it's a bargain.

I did check this morning again, Boma is on the meal plan.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:15 PM   #286
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
You'll have to tell me how the Ankershus is at Epcot (the princess breakfast thing) as I have never been there.

It's the only place we hit every single time we go there. Great place, servers are always great and the kids have the option of trying some new foods (but they do have standard stuff for the non-adventurous types). I do have two girls, so obviously the princess lunch is a big deal.
Old 07-13-2014, 06:09 PM   #287
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

You guys were a lot of help and so, as we're a bit more than 3 weeks out, I thought I would share the itinerary we've set up. I've quickly come to find over the last few weeks that I'm the only thrill rider of the group (so I'll be boarding Everest and Tower of Terror as a solo). My wife gets motion sick and even did so watching some of the first-person POV videos of the rides and my 5 year old isn't a big risk-taker.

My only other trip to Disney was 13 years ago with a long term girlfriend who was a thrill-rider so this'll be a new experience. I'm guessing lots of people watching and landscape admiring.

Arrive August 5th @ 10 am-
Animal Kingdom w/ fast pass Kali Rapids and Safari
Dinner at Boma

August 6th-
Magic Kingdom w/ fast pass Buzz Lightyear, Tomorrowland Speedway, Mine Train (a risk)
Dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern

August 7th-
Epcot w/ fast pass Test Track, The Seas, Turtle Talk
Lunch at Biergarten
Dinner at Garden Grill (characters)

August 8th-
Hollywood Studios w/ fast pass Toy Story, Muppet Vision, Star Tours
Lunch at Sci-Fi Drive-In
Dinner at O'hana

August 9th-
Magic Kingdom w/ fast pass Buzz, Pirates and Haunted Mansion
Dinner at Be Our Guest

August 10th-
Animal Kingdom w/ fast pass Safari, Rapids and Dinosaur (BIG risk)
Dinner at Crystal Palace in Magic Kingdom (characters)

August 11th (departure day)
Breakfast at O'hana (characters)
Hollywood Studios w/ fast pass for Star Tours
Fly out

My wife and kids are interested in a parade and fireworks show as well, recommendations?

Last edited by PurdueBrad : 07-14-2014 at 08:39 AM.
Old 07-13-2014, 06:44 PM   #288
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Just got home from a Disney Cruise on the Fantasy. I can't say enough about how wonderful this ship was. If you like cruising and have kids, this is an amazing vacation.
Old 07-13-2014, 09:53 PM   #289
cougarfreak
College Starter

Man. We did the Sunrise Safari at AK today. It was amazing. Had a breakfast buffet included at the end, and the food was incredible. Nit sure where the food was from, it was a private buffet in the back of pizzafari before the park even opened. Then dinner at Sanaa. Sanaa was great. Got the bread appetizer, butter chicken and a seafood medley. My god I'm stuffed. I lost 25 lbs. from Feb-June, I bet I put on 5-7 lbs. today.
Old 07-13-2014, 10:04 PM   #290
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
My wife and kids are interested in a parade and fireworks show as well, recommendations?

Given that you have a five year old, the Magic Kingdom or Hollywood Studios would be my choices for fireworks. You would actually knock out both the parade and fireworks all in one if you went to Hollywood, as the show includes a parade on water and lots of special effects/fireworks. Epcot has a great fireworks show, but it can be a bit boring for kids compared to the Magic Kingdom one, which incorporates a bad guy/good guy scenario into the show that ropes in the kids a bit better.
Old 07-13-2014, 10:20 PM   #291
cougarfreak
College Starter

If your kids like the movie Frozen, I believe they just made the fireworks and parade all Frozen at Hollywood for the next couple of months as well.
Old 07-14-2014, 08:40 AM   #292
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Hey Cougar Freak, thanks for the heads up. I think Cash'll like that.

MBBF- Definitely appreciate that advice as well as it'll make it much easier to choose what we'll do. Thanks a ton guys!
Old 07-14-2014, 08:48 AM   #293
cougarfreak
College Starter

Disney Vacations

I'm hitting Hollywood tomorrow. I'll let you know. Where you staying?

Last edited by cougarfreak : 07-14-2014 at 08:49 AM.
Old 07-14-2014, 08:52 AM   #294
cougarfreak
College Starter

Disney Vacations

You really don't need to fast pass Buzz at MK, Muppets, or Pirates. Those are all very quick. Pirates might get backed up if it's raining but the other 2 are usually very, very short. Less than 20 minutes. If there are other rides you want to FP I'd switch out.

Last edited by cougarfreak : 07-14-2014 at 08:53 AM.
Old 07-14-2014, 12:40 PM   #295
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Hey CF, we're staying at the Art of Animation as my son is a Cars freak.

Anybody have advice on Memory Maker? We're not usually camera people but I know my son would like pictures with the characters. Should I do Memory Maker or just suck it up and carry the camera?
Old 07-14-2014, 12:52 PM   #296
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Hey CF, we're staying at the Art of Animation as my son is a Cars freak.

Anybody have advice on Memory Maker? We're not usually camera people but I know my son would like pictures with the characters. Should I do Memory Maker or just suck it up and carry the camera?
I am following this thread as I plan to do a no-kid visit in 2015 but you could buy a decent point and shoot camera for $150.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 03:42 PM   #297
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
You guys were a lot of help and so, as we're a bit more than 3 weeks out, I thought I would share the itinerary we've set up. I've quickly come to find over the last few weeks that I'm the only thrill rider of the group (so I'll be boarding Everest and Tower of Terror as a solo). My wife gets motion sick and even did so watching some of the first-person POV videos of the rides and my 5 year old isn't a big risk-taker.

My only other trip to Disney was 13 years ago with a long term girlfriend who was a thrill-rider so this'll be a new experience. I'm guessing lots of people watching and landscape admiring.

Arrive August 5th @ 10 am-
Animal Kingdom w/ fast pass Kali Rapids and Safari
Dinner at Boma

August 6th-
Magic Kingdom w/ fast pass Buzz Lightyear, Tomorrowland Speedway, Mine Train (a risk)
Dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern

August 7th-
Epcot w/ fast pass Test Track, The Seas, Turtle Talk
Lunch at Biergarten
Dinner at Garden Grill (characters)

August 8th-
Hollywood Studios w/ fast pass Toy Story, Muppet Vision, Star Tours
Lunch at Sci-Fi Drive-In
Dinner at O'hana

August 9th-
Magic Kingdom w/ fast pass Buzz, Pirates and Haunted Mansion
Dinner at Be Our Guest

August 10th-
Animal Kingdom w/ fast pass Safari, Rapids and Dinosaur (BIG risk)
Dinner at Crystal Palace in Magic Kingdom (characters)

August 11th (departure day)
Breakfast at O'hana (characters)
Hollywood Studios w/ fast pass for Star Tours
Fly out

Your wife will definitely need to skip Star Tours if she gets motion sick. The whole seating area shakes and bounces. I've been on barf-filled 'tours'. Likewise the 7 Ds ride. It is short duration, but swings around a lot.

EPCOT--If by 'The Seas' you mean the Finding Nemo ride, you don't need a FP for that. You can walk on, easy. You will need a FP for Soarin' which isn't really a motion issue, IMO.

Also, between 3 and 5PM you WILL be in a thunderstorm. Guaranteed. Every day. Plan to take in a show like the LION KING or NEMO for that time of day when you are in the Animal Kingdom.

The new parade in the MK is really solid--Frozen characters, Brave float is terrific, all the traditional ones and a fire breathing dragon that I can't remember my daughter's explanation of. But it is great.
Old 07-14-2014, 03:46 PM   #298
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I am following this thread as I plan to do a no-kid visit in 2015 but you could buy a decent point and shoot camera for $150.

I recommend staying at Port Orleans so you can take the boat to Downtown Disney in the evening. Pleasant 20 minute trip, much better than the bus. And you are closer to EPCOT and its restaurants than most other places.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:25 PM   #299
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post

Wine and Food Festival is a must if you're going without kids. It's in October.
Old 07-14-2014, 05:25 PM   #300
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGiants View Post
I recommend staying at Port Orleans so you can take the boat to Downtown Disney in the evening. Pleasant 20 minute trip, much better than the bus. And you are closer to EPCOT and its restaurants than most other places.

Typically we stay closest to the Epcot grounds - either the Boardwalk/Yacht Club/Beach Club if we can afford it, or the Swan/Dolphin if we cannot. Staying this close is great because you can enter/exit Epcot from the International Gateway - you're super close to everything, and if you can get a resort view, you can see the fireworks every night. Plus, you'll enjoy the short walk if you plan on drinking around the world

2nd favorite was staying in the Contemporary, resort view. Again, free fireworks and there's something to be said for hitching a ride on a monorail that goes through your hotel
how do you know?

Last edited by CraigSca : 07-14-2014 at 05:26 PM.