Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-25-2022, 09:04 PM   #1151
Izulde
Head Coach

I'm hyped for March 4th for Triangle Strategy. Both demos (the prologue demo carries over to the full game) have definitely given me that FFT spiritual successor feeling.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 03:11 PM   #1152
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Yeah, this worried me, so i went console, no complaints with it

What console do you have? I heard it is still shitty on the last gen consoles.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 03:29 PM   #1153
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
I'm hyped for March 4th for Triangle Strategy. Both demos (the prologue demo carries over to the full game) have definitely given me that FFT spiritual successor feeling.

Ditto, rare day 1 buy for me (even if it is on gift cards I got at Xmas)
Old 02-26-2022, 05:58 PM   #1154
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
What console do you have? I heard it is still shitty on the last gen consoles.

Still have a PS4, no issues so far, loading a bit slow, but no mid battle glitching
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 06:02 PM   #1155
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

Anyone playing on PC and if so how is it going? This game sounds fascinating but PC experiences I'm seeing are mixed at best.
Old 02-26-2022, 06:54 PM   #1156
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryche View Post
Anyone playing on PC and if so how is it going? This game sounds fascinating but PC experiences I'm seeing are mixed at best.

Framerate drops and some slight stuttering is what I've experienced. I had similar issues with Sekiro initially before they got it patched.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 08:00 PM   #1157
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
I've never played a Dark Souls game before, and so far the game has been pure suffering

I'll likely get it because of the hype, but this feels like a game I'd enjoy 15-20 years ago. Kind of avoid the games that will make me angry these days.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 01:10 PM   #1158
Atocep
Coordinator

A PC and PS5 patch was released to fix some of the performance issues. I'm still seeing a some occasional framerate drops but nothing too terrible.

This is hands down the best Souls game and sets a new standard IMO. What makes this the best out of this series for me is once I run into a boss or roadblock that I don't feel like spending hours banging my head into there's countless other things I can go do that an open world provides. It's still hard as hell and the first boss is incredibly hard even by Souls game standards.

It's refreshing to see an open world game with no fetch quests or hidden item bullshit to inflate playtimes. The story is standard From Soft stuff. Really difficult to follow on a first playthrough unless you're reading breakdowns online.

Great game. Still mostly for people that enjoy the Souls series though.
Old 03-09-2022, 12:38 AM   #1159
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

In a Fortnite season that was so unengaging to me that I hadn't played since 12/22, in two hours tonight I racked up three wins and what might have been my first ever back-to-back victories.

Nope, I can't explain it for shit ... but I'll take it.
Old 03-09-2022, 08:47 AM   #1160
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
In a Fortnite season that was so unengaging to me that I hadn't played since 12/22, in two hours tonight I racked up three wins and what might have been my first ever back-to-back victories.

Nope, I can't explain it for shit ... but I'll take it.

Yay Jon I don't play Fortnite, but I was very interested in the Save The World Edition back when it was going to be free. Then they announced it wasn't going to be free and I thought they were planning on shuttering it. But I saw recently that they just updated Save the World. So I guess they are keeping it around.
Old 03-09-2022, 10:50 PM   #1161
Edward64
Head Coach

So anyone have an opinion on Elden Ring? Worth it? GOTY?
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 07:10 AM   #1162
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

I have heard nothing but good things, though it is supposedly quite difficult. This review offers up a good description from a bit of a right angle compared to most video game reviews: FromSoftware’s ‘Elden Ring’ Makes ‘Dark Souls’ Seem Small - The Ringer
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 09:07 AM   #1163
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
So anyone have an opinion on Elden Ring? Worth it? GOTY?

Beautiful game but hard AF, especially if you have not played a Souls game before.
Old 03-10-2022, 09:58 AM   #1164
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

also don't get the PC version for a few months
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 10:22 AM   #1165
Edward64
Head Coach

Thanks for the feedback guys. I've been playing (and getting bored with) Civ 6 and X-Com 2 Long War so looking to see what else is out there.

I was thinking PC version, I take it there are big bugs to be fixed.

I haven't really played FO76 for the past 1.5 years. I know they've added some content so maybe I'll go back to it and bide my time. Hoping Marvel's Midnight Suns (2H) and Starfield (Nov) is on schedule. Those are my for sure buys.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 01:29 PM   #1166
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Elden Ring is pretty phenomenal so far. I'm only a handful of hours in and haven't accomplished anything yet, but I'm loving it. It's my first Souls game, and while it is absolutely difficult, it doesn't feel punishingly so - if you die, you probably screwed up, and there are all kinds of ways to protect yourself from the actual penalty (losing runes) involved.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 10:42 PM   #1167
Atocep
Coordinator

I'm 40 hours in, level 65, and I'm not halfway through story. The world is absolutely massive. The math guestimates have it at about 79 square kilometers, which is bigger than GTA 5's map and that doesn't take into consideration the massive underground parts of the map.
Old 03-11-2022, 10:39 PM   #1168
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Elden Ring, AC Valhalla Dawn of Ragnarok, Distant Worlds 2, where does it end?
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 06:55 AM   #1169
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Just a heads up. Some of you probably remember Motor Sports Manager. It was a phone app turned into a PC game that turned back into a phone app. Well, that team is about to release a new game that is going to have a full F1 license, called F1 Manager 22. I really enjoyed the original so I have high hopes for this.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 03:56 PM   #1170
Thomkal
Head Coach

So I'm starting to see trailers and gameplay videos for the upcoming Hogswarts Legecy game where you play as a young wizard at Hogwarts in the 1800's sometime. Would seem to be a "wet dream" for any Harry Potter fan or new to the "Wizarding World". Comes out sometime during the holidays:

Hogwarts Legacy
Old 03-18-2022, 05:24 PM   #1171
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Just a heads up. Some of you probably remember Motor Sports Manager. It was a phone app turned into a PC game that turned back into a phone app. Well, that team is about to release a new game that is going to have a full F1 license, called F1 Manager 22. I really enjoyed the original so I have high hopes for this.

Thanks, wishlisted.
Old 03-20-2022, 03:27 PM   #1172
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

One of the more bizarre decisions in gaming I can recall in a while

Fortnite’s new season removes building, adds Doctor Strange - Polygon

So basically building is removed from primary mode, rendering this a pretty mediocore third person shooter for a season

I can only figure this must be based on data showing that building had become a barrier to entry to new players. And hey, I get it, hard to suck at building more than me.

But without that mechanic to differentiate play styles, honestly, there isn't much here. And without any need to harvest resources, there's not much to do either.

edit to add: I'm hearing from some of the YTers that it is supposed to return in +/- nine days

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 03-20-2022 at 03:31 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 03:32 PM   #1173
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:

So basically building is removed from primary mode, rendering this a pretty mediocore third person shooter for a season

I can only figure this must be based on data showing that building had become a barrier to entry to new players. And hey, I get it, hard to suck at building more than me.

But without that mechanic to differentiate play styles, honestly, there isn't much here. And without any need to harvest resources, there's not much to do either.

Wow. That's crazy. From what I can tell, building is what players get into when they really get into the game. It certainly sets a ceiling on what players like me (who suck at building) can do. But it seems like they nerfed most of what people like about the game.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 03:35 PM   #1174
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Wow. That's crazy. From what I can tell, building is what players get into when they really get into the game. It certainly sets a ceiling on what players like me (who suck at building) can do. But it seems like they nerfed most of what people like about the game.

I dunno if it's a ceiling or not tbh. Granted, I was coming off a 60+ day absence (resetting my skill based matchmaking stuff to zero I believe) but I had my first ever multi game win streak in the past two weeks, and they weren't bot-heavy matches.

It takes a lot of time to figure out & get good at countering buildmasters but I could probably survive/beat guys outside of the top 10-20 percent 1v1 often enough to make it interesting.
Old 03-20-2022, 04:07 PM   #1175
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:

edit to add: I'm hearing from some of the YTers that it is supposed to return in +/- nine days

That does seem like a strange decision since building seems to be the reason to play something different in a shooter. But if its coming back after a short time, its okay I think just to shake things up a bit. I'm sure there would be a lot of outrage from the regulars if they take it away permanently
Old 03-20-2022, 05:08 PM   #1176
RainMaker
General Manager

Building is what makes it Fortnite. Otherwise it's just a traditional shooter and there are a lot of games that does it better.
Old 03-20-2022, 07:14 PM   #1177
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

With skill based matchmaking, most of the people that get into my lobbies that are great builders can't shoot so it basically evens itself out.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 10:56 PM   #1178
Atocep
Coordinator

I finished Elden Ring at just over 100 hours. I left some content for a 2nd playthrough assuming DLC eventually lands or maybe a NG+ playthrough if it doesn't.

It probably jumps into my top 5 all time. Probably the best open world I've played. It's nice to not have filler content like hidden objects and fetch quests to inflate playtimes. Everything has meaning.

The most difficult boss in the game is optional and probably took me 30 attempts, which actually sounds like it's on the low end compared to other people I've talked to.

It's an amazing experience and I don't see anything topping it for GOTY.

Now I'm waiting to check out Weird West reviews when it releases tomorrow morning.
Old 04-02-2022, 12:42 PM   #1179
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Fortnite replaced building with shockwave grenades. I'm personally not enjoying no build Fortnite, but it just shows if you take something away players are going to find something else to latch onto. Guys that used to out build you now just shockwave grenade directly behind you.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 01:41 PM   #1180
RainMaker
General Manager

Does anyone know why you can't pre-order The Show on Amazon? Is it digital only or something?
Old 04-06-2022, 01:30 AM   #1181
Austin90
n00b

I was playing Ghostwire: Tokyo recently after watching the reveal trailer back when it came out, It didn't exactly turn out the way I thought it would. Sort of like a FPS with magic? Can't find a way to describe it, Fun time nonetheless.
Austin90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 02:08 AM   #1182
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Fortnite replaced building with shockwave grenades. I'm personally not enjoying no build Fortnite, but it just shows if you take something away players are going to find something else to latch onto. Guys that used to out build you now just shockwave grenade directly behind you.

Well, at least building is back now
Old 04-06-2022, 12:28 PM   #1183
RainMaker
General Manager

Picked up The Show 22. It's been like 4-5 years for me, but had the itch.

Gameplay is mostly the same. Still the same issues with outfielders covering way too much ground and infielders not covering enough. Leads to a ton of singles and few doubles/triples. Usually there are sliders that fix this but was kind of surprised to see this still a thing. I do like how they changed the throwing, but I still struggle a lot with the baserunning controls.

Graphics are off the charts on the PS5. It's staggering how realistic things look. Players look spot-on, animations are great, even the crowd looks really good. There are some cuts where someone walking by might think it's a real game on TV.

The presentation is still good, but the announcing has taken a massive step back. Looks like due to them swapping the crew this year, there just isn't a lot of audio to work from. And what is there isn't all that great. One of the problems I guess you run into when you use real announcers. Still think sports games should use voice actors.

Overall, it's fun so far. Looking forward to a RTTS with a hitter this time. The game does seem HEAVILY geared toward the microtransaction crowd, so hopefully RTTS is still good.
Old 04-06-2022, 01:03 PM   #1184
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post

Gameplay is mostly the same. Still the same issues with outfielders covering way too much ground and infielders not covering enough. Leads to a ton of singles and few doubles/triples. Usually there are sliders that fix this but was kind of surprised to see this still a thing. I do like how they changed the throwing, but I still struggle a lot with the baserunning controls.

Graphics are off the charts on the PS5. It's staggering how realistic things look. Players look spot-on, animations are great, even the crowd looks really good. There are some cuts where someone walking by might think it's a real game on TV.

The presentation is still good, but the announcing has taken a massive step back. Looks like due to them swapping the crew this year, there just isn't a lot of audio to work from. And what is there isn't all that great. One of the problems I guess you run into when you use real announcers. Still think sports games should use voice actors.

Overall, it's fun so far. Looking forward to a RTTS with a hitter this time. The game does seem HEAVILY geared toward the microtransaction crowd, so hopefully RTTS is still good.

I don't think I have ever played with fielders speed above 3, 4 max for this reason. don't have this one yet, but a few minor tweaks and I got last years providing a very solid Baseball experience.
Old 04-06-2022, 01:25 PM   #1185
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

I haven't played since 2013(?) but I did score a ps5 on a direct sale from Sony.

Good lord this game is gorgeous. When playing one wonders what Madden could be with the right company behind it. It is a bit apples oranges when football has bodies colliding but still.. Subject for another time.

I've only played 2 exhibition games. Default veteran, I'm not ashamed of my old man button skills, they are what they are. Playing simulation, zone hitting, meter pitching, auto baserunning (to stressful for me leading to too many mistakes and unrealistic play).

The clarity of the graphics, for me, have made hitting fun. I used to spend hours trying to find a batting view I could "live with". Ps5 I rotated through defaults until I found one that seemed best for me.

Going to continue with exhibitions until opening day rosters drop. Then I'll decide how to move on. RTTS? Franchise? Hell, the game is so real I could have fun just jumping in playing random games with different teams.

I haven't notice the OF-IF issues you mention. But, I don't think I did back in the day either. Agree on announcing being limited.

One issue I have is getting the pitch from the C. I have it set to always be from the pitcher's pov so can get location. Pressure situations it wants to go to some random tv broadcast view where I get the pitch from the C but no way to see the location. I won't always use the C's call but I still want to see it now and give it a try in exhibition before playing any type of game I want to save.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 01:37 PM   #1186
RainMaker
General Manager

Football is likely harder to code for, but they also have a much bigger audience and revenue to develop it. There is no excuse for Madden's game presentation to be like a decade or two behind games like The Show.

The fielding thing is just something I noticed in previous versions. BYU mentioned that the easy fix is lowering fielder speed. The issue is that there are not enough extra-base hits at the default settings. Balls rarely find the gap and players who are not fast are stuck with singles on balls off the wall. Triples are nearly impossible on default settings.

Not a big deal and usually someone at OS comes out with sliders pretty quick that gives an incredibly realistic experience.

I'll probably shift to auto-baserunning too because I can't seem to get that down. I wish there was a way to just control the lead baserunner and have the others auto.
Old 04-06-2022, 05:20 PM   #1187
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Football is likely harder to code for, but they also have a much bigger audience and revenue to develop it. There is no excuse for Madden's game presentation to be like a decade or two behind games like The Show.

The fielding thing is just something I noticed in previous versions. BYU mentioned that the easy fix is lowering fielder speed. The issue is that there are not enough extra-base hits at the default settings. Balls rarely find the gap and players who are not fast are stuck with singles on balls off the wall. Triples are nearly impossible on default settings.

Not a big deal and usually someone at OS comes out with sliders pretty quick that gives an incredibly realistic experience.

I'll probably shift to auto-baserunning too because I can't seem to get that down. I wish there was a way to just control the lead baserunner and have the others auto.

Reading what BYU posted about fielder range I wondered, being so many years since I've played, if I had used a slider set back then that "fixed" it and just forgot

I've played 2 exhibition games. One at Wrigley and one at Fenway. Both games had a triple. The Cub batter was Wisdom. Can't remember who did it for the Sox. Make of that small sample what you will. It was in "sim" mode.

Last edited by Sweed : 04-06-2022 at 05:22 PM.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 07:24 PM   #1188
GrantDawg

Played some yesterday on Gamepass cloud. I am glad you can now have multiple RTTS players unlike the crap they did last year. I just like pitching. I made a starter and did well through three starts. Then I made a closer and got shelled.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Last edited by GrantDawg : 04-06-2022 at 07:24 PM.
Old 04-06-2022, 08:21 PM   #1189
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

going NMS this year with MLB, but wondering if tricks (using a create-a-stadium made for homers and a goal in mini-seasons to have 10 HR with all-star players) is cheating
Old 04-06-2022, 08:35 PM   #1190
RainMaker
General Manager

Playing at the Polo Grounds is a trip.
Old 04-06-2022, 08:48 PM   #1191
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Playing at the Polo Grounds is a trip.

Any place where relievers warm up in the field of play is really a trip.
Old 04-06-2022, 09:58 PM   #1192
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Obviously spoilers and prob language but this game looks hilarious and Dunkey does a great job here.

stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 12:37 PM   #1193
Thomkal
Head Coach

Got a good deal on Cyberpunk 2077 FOR TODAY ONLY-$5 for Playstation/XBox at Best Buy

Last edited by Thomkal : 04-07-2022 at 12:38 PM.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 08:29 AM   #1194
Austin90
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Obviously spoilers and prob language but this game looks hilarious and Dunkey does a great job here.

Man, I love dunkey. I could rewatch every Mario video he's ever made and never get tired
Austin90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 01:28 AM   #1195
RainMaker
General Manager

I am a little confused at the Road to the Show system. You used to play, get points for your performance, and use those to improve your player.

This newer system seems to cap your attributes and then you level up by getting perks and equipment. To get those items you have to grind in their Diamond Dynasty mode which seems setup for microtransactions.

Is there a way to play RTTS like the old days? I don't care about buying packs and crap. Just want to play out a career.
Old 04-10-2022, 04:39 AM   #1196
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

You don't have to PLAY Diamond Dynasty, most of your perks and stuff will come from the things you earn from your program (make sure to equip it in your loadout, and you earn points by doing various RTTS activities), you then can go into the My Ballplayer screen and open your packs and then just go back to your player and equip the new stuff.
Old 04-11-2022, 03:17 PM   #1197
RainMaker
General Manager

Thanks. I think there is just a learning curve in the game if you haven't played in years. They used to have the card stuff but it wasn't really tied into the RTTS mode.

Do you have any recommendations for the best way to get equipment? I've gotten a couple pieces but there are so many and it feels like I'd have to play 50 seasons to even make a dent.

Also, can I just sell player cards if I don't do any of that Diamond stuff?
Old 05-11-2022, 05:52 AM   #1198
miami_fan
Coordinator

FIFA, EA Sports to end video game partnership; game to continue under new name

Are Konami and EA switching soccer properties?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 01:10 PM   #1199
GrantDawg

F1 Manager now has official release date and a mouth-watering trailer. August 25th fpr pre-orders and August 30th for everyone else. It looks so good, I just hope there isn't a "surprise, it's crap" coming.
Old 06-07-2022, 01:41 PM   #1200
bhlloy
Coordinator

It looks fantastic but honestly most of the things I care about in a management sim weren’t shown in the slightest. Has there been any indication it’s even got a functional career mode and isn’t just a pretty 2022 F1 sim?
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote