Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-10-2020, 11:00 PM   #151
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
Seeing that he denies recanting now. So that's cool.

Sounds like a strong witness.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 11:10 PM   #152
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
Seeing that he denies recanting now. So that's cool.

Almost like your story is going to change when you're in front of federal agents who can lock you up for lying instead of some two-bit con artist.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 06:55 AM   #153
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

There's a twitter thread from @bradheath that walks through the MI lawsuit. One of the "allegations" is that they find it hard to believe military personnel would vote Democrat.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 06:59 AM   #154
Ksyrup

There's also an exchange in a PA court where the judge asks if they are alleging any fraud and the lawyer has to answer no. Someone please put the Orange Grinch out of his misery.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 11-11-2020, 07:38 AM   #155
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
One of the "allegations" is that they find it hard to believe military personnel would vote Democrat.
Last I checked, black women--Trump's worst demographic--were the most over-represented group in the U.S. Military, and black men--not exactly a bastion of his support-- were #2. Anecdotally, I grew up in a lower-to-working-class black neighborhood, and by far more of my neighborhood friends went in the military than went to college, the work force, or jail--quite possibly more than all of those other categories combined.
Old 11-11-2020, 07:45 AM   #156
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
There's a twitter thread from @bradheath that walks through the MI lawsuit. One of the "allegations" is that they find it hard to believe military personnel would vote Democrat.

The sense I got reading over that thread was that maybe there were a couple of issues of actual concern, but the poll workers were over the GOP poll watchers shit and were only going to do what they were lawfully required to with respect to the watchers, and were pretty happy when they got kicked out.

I noticed that the reasons that many of them got kicked out were not listed, would be interested to know why that happened. Unsurprising.

My wife relayed to me a MI poll worker account that was on NPR in the days after the election, where the GOP poll watcher that they were with was challenging literally every single ballot.
Old 11-11-2020, 09:35 AM   #157
whomario
Pro Starter

This reads like the crazy uncle explaining how he knows that the Russians are out to get him.

And basically switching Burden of Proof falling on the State is pretty wild as an approach, isn't it ?

The Lawyer named in the case has been doing this for a long while btw, with his organisation (now defunct) egging the DOJ into a year long investigation on voter fraud via fake names that didn't yield a single prosecutable case (and goes by "Thor", apparently)

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...tml#page_start
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 11-11-2020 at 10:11 AM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 09:56 AM   #158
Galaril
Pro Starter

Looks like Trump just got a win in Georgia they announced they are doing a manual hand recount of all 5 million plus votes and it needs to be done by November 20th. Ian starting to worry these republicans led states like Pa and Ga and maybe Az are going to lock the vote certification up with these lengthy recounts which means if they can’t certify the votes the state (R) legislatures select electors themselves who would be Trump loyalists. The Steal is on!
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 10:04 AM   #159
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Georgia was in the recount area anyways (it's separated by less than 0.25% IIRC). It's not exactly a win for Trump if it was going to happen anyways.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 11-11-2020, 10:04 AM   #160
Ksyrup

I'm good with recounts. It's actions pushed by baseless fraud allegations that I would be more concerned about.

Old 11-11-2020, 10:05 AM   #161
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Last I checked, black women--Trump's worst demographic--were the most over-represented group in the U.S. Military, and black men--not exactly a bastion of his support-- were #2. Anecdotally, I grew up in a lower-to-working-class black neighborhood, and by far more of my neighborhood friends went in the military than went to college, the work force, or jail--quite possibly more than all of those other categories combined.

As someone tweeted, "Butthurt" is not a legal cause of action.
Old 11-11-2020, 10:06 AM   #162
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Georgia was in the recount area anyways (it's separated by less than 0.25% IIRC). It's not exactly a win for Trump if it was going to happen anyways.

Apparently it’s a win in that it was going to be a more systematic recount instead of humans reviewing every ballot as it is now going to be.
Old 11-11-2020, 10:12 AM   #163
Ksyrup

QAnon ballot counting software conspiracies aside, there's far more chance of mistakes with manual counting than computer, so this is probably a win for Trump in that there's way more of a chance for monkey business in manual recounts.
Old 11-11-2020, 10:14 AM   #164
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
Looks like Trump just got a win in Georgia they announced they are doing a manual hand recount of all 5 million plus votes and it needs to be done by November 20th. Ian starting to worry these republicans led states like Pa and Ga and maybe Az are going to lock the vote certification up with these lengthy recounts which means if they can’t certify the votes the state (R) legislatures select electors themselves who would be Trump loyalists. The Steal is on!

Not quite. And it's not every ballot, basically just a percentage as a random spot check. (well, an Audit)

“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 11-11-2020 at 10:16 AM.
Old 11-11-2020, 10:24 AM   #165
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
Not quite. And it's not every ballot, basically just a percentage as a random spot check. (well, an Audit)

Well guess we will see.
Old 11-11-2020, 10:39 AM   #166
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
Well guess we will see.

Well yeah, obviously i can't rightfully say which it is But i do know Journalists are rarely experts on what they report about and don't always mske/have the time to ask one who is or get to the bottom of sth before reporting it these days.
Old 11-11-2020, 11:17 AM   #167
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

It is going to be a hand recount of all ballots. There was supposed to be an audit, but this is going to combine it with the recount. There is no way I can see a hand recount of all ballots wouldn't go beyond the certification date.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 11:29 AM   #168
GrantDawg

I just listen to the qoute. It is definitely a full by hand recount.

Old 11-11-2020, 11:39 AM   #169
GrantDawg

And btw, after this hand recount, Trump's people can ask for another recount.

Old 11-11-2020, 11:43 AM   #170
Ksyrup

Yep, this clarifies it.

Old 11-11-2020, 12:55 PM   #171
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
And btw, after this hand recount, Trump's people can ask for another recount.
And to make this even more fun, the standard for a regular recount is just a rescan count, but the candidate can go to court to demand a hand count done. What do you think the odds are that Trump's people are going to demand another hand recount after a hand recount is already done? I would say 110%
Old 11-11-2020, 01:06 PM   #172
Drake
assmaster

The guy behind the #stopthesteal thing used the social media handle "Ali Akbar"?

I find this sort of amusing in the sense that pro-Trumpers regularly flipped their shit over "Hussein".

(Apparently Ali Akbar has updated his various handles to Ali Alexander, likely to get ahead of exactly this sort of irony.)
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 01:11 PM   #173
Drake
assmaster

Also, it looks like people are starting to pick up on the Benford's Law fraud angle...

A bunch of internet people whose grounding in math is either decades old or didn't extend much past high school pre-calculus (myself included) arguing math in YouTube comments might just prove to be the most unintentionally hilarious thing to come out of 2020.
Old 11-11-2020, 01:43 PM   #174
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Also, it looks like people are starting to pick up on the Benford's Law fraud angle...

A bunch of internet people whose grounding in math is either decades old or didn't extend much past high school pre-calculus (myself included) arguing math in YouTube comments might just prove to be the most unintentionally hilarious thing to come out of 2020.

You should follow Epidemiologists on Twitter for some real tortured math in comments if that's your idea a fun time

Last edited by whomario : 11-11-2020 at 01:44 PM.
Old 11-11-2020, 02:01 PM   #175
Drake
assmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
You should follow Epidemiologists on Twitter for some real tortured math in comments if that's your idea a fun time

Heh. It absolutely is not. My college "fundamental skills requirement" calculus was 25+ years ago. I'm 100% comfortable at this point in my life saying that I don't remember the math, let alone trust myself to apply it correctly.

My guide here is:

1. Know your limitations
2. Find a video or whatever that agrees with your pre-conception, nod along, and feel validated.
3. Resist the urge to comment unless you've done the math yourself.
4. If you can't do #3, refer to #1.
Old 11-11-2020, 02:05 PM   #176
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSyrup
As someone tweeted, "Butthurt" is not a legal cause of action.

I dunno, it seems to work just fine a good amount of the time
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 07:16 PM   #177
whomario
Pro Starter

So all the suspicions basically boik down to Trump crazies doing what he told them to do as Poll Watchers.

Response from Detroit with a few nuggets on the affiants below those very illuminating responses:

Twitter

Also:

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/a...mpression=true
Old 11-12-2020, 10:25 AM   #178
Thomkal
Head Coach

Here's some election fraud for you Donald-in the Florida state senate race:

Evidence suggests several state Senate candidates were plants funded by dark money
Old 11-12-2020, 11:07 AM   #179
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

MSNBC reporting Chuck Grassely now saying Biden should have access to intelligence reports. Thats a big one to speak up.

Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 12:12 PM   #180
JPhillips
General Manager

It's a real flaw in the Constitution that Senators aren't allowed to do anything but make statements.
Old 11-12-2020, 12:20 PM   #181
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Something something "everything not enumerated should go to the states"... except that's really not practical in the least.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 12:21 PM   #182
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Well it does appear that Senator James Lankford of Oklahoma is going to send daily intelligence briefings to Biden if he doesn't start getting them by tomorrow.

Old 11-12-2020, 12:37 PM   #183
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Something something "everything not enumerated should go to the states"... except that's really not practical in the least.

SI

And not even an accurate read of the Constitution.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 01:05 PM   #184
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

https://twitter.com/johncornyn/statu...341276169?s=21
Old 11-12-2020, 01:16 PM   #185
kingfc22
Head Coach

Maybe he will tweet about the fairness in Russian elections next
Old 11-12-2020, 01:45 PM   #186
Ksyrup

AZ audit pretty well completed (looks like a couple of counties yet to send results). Spoiler alert - no fraud!

2020 General Election Hand Count Results | Arizona Secretary of State

Last edited by Ksyrup : 11-12-2020 at 01:46 PM.
Old 11-12-2020, 01:54 PM   #187
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
AZ audit pretty well completed (looks like a couple of counties yet to send results). Spoiler alert - no fraud!

2020 General Election Hand Count Results | Arizona Secretary of State

Shocker, though i am sure they will file another suit to continue this fuckery to undermine Biden as much as possible.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 04:26 PM   #188
JPhillips
General Manager

Again, this probably won't work, but holy shit is it alarming.

Old 11-12-2020, 04:49 PM   #189
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post

I don't think it will end well for that milita. Doesn't DC have some very strict gun control laws?

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 05:38 PM   #190
Ksyrup

Looks like a few more people need to be fired...

Old 11-12-2020, 05:43 PM   #191
cuervo72
Head Coach

Oh, the head of CISA has already said he expects to be fired and the assistant director for cyber already resigned.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...KBN27S2YI?il=0
Old 11-12-2020, 06:31 PM   #192
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post

I mean...Biden won 25 states and only two are states that have been reliably Republican in the past. Leaving aside the question of "these are electors selected by the Biden campaign in the first place," how is it the Trump campaign thinks they can pick off 38 electors from 20 states, most of which are reliably Democratic-leaning?

Aside from enormous self-delusion, the answer ends up being "we're gonna blackmail them," and that becomes a Constitutional crisis unto itself.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 06:39 PM   #193
Ksyrup

Just read through a long twitter thread live-tweeting the AZ hearing on Trump's lawsuit. What a frivolous waste of time. It came down to 191 overvotes in the Presidential election, with Trump's attorney agreeing that there was no bad intent involved. A complete waste of a day.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 11-12-2020 at 06:39 PM.
Old 11-12-2020, 06:59 PM   #194
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Just read through a long twitter thread live-tweeting the AZ hearing on Trump's lawsuit. What a frivolous waste of time. It came down to 191 overvotes in the Presidential election, with Trump's attorney agreeing that there was no bad intent involved. A complete waste of a day.

what is an overvote? Someone who voted twice?

Can you link the twitter thread?
Old 11-12-2020, 08:07 PM   #195
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:

It's all a fucking ploy to create chaos. Fuck Trump and the lap dogs that refuse to denounce him!
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 08:21 PM   #196
Ksyrup

I'm on my phone but I think you can find the thread on @KlasfeldReports Twitter feed.
Old 11-12-2020, 08:23 PM   #197
Ksyrup

Also one of the witnesses is a business partner of one of the Trump campaign lawyers.
Old 11-12-2020, 10:40 PM   #198
kingfc22
Head Coach

News outlets have all given AZ to Biden now.

Scoreboard:
290-217
5.3 million votes and counting
3.4 full percentage points
Old 11-12-2020, 10:42 PM   #199
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Oh, the head of CISA has already said he expects to be fired and the assistant director for cyber already resigned.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...KBN27S2YI?il=0

For a bunch of these guys and gals, is this just a 2-3 month vacation? Sucks to not be paid, but if you're a Biden administration, don't you try to get as many of these people back in January?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 11-12-2020 at 10:43 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 08:04 AM   #200
Ksyrup

Trump's Porter Wright attorneys in PA withdrew from representation and for the time being, his only remaining attorney on the case is a divorce attorney. Which seems oddly appropriate.