Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-06-2021, 09:22 AM   #101
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Charlton Athletic just overmatched by City today.
sovereignstar v2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 09:17 AM   #102
PilotMan
Head Coach

I'll be at the USA/MEX match tonight with the Outlaws. Had a great party last night, ready to rip it up again today.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 09:56 PM   #103
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Old 11-12-2021, 10:10 PM   #104
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

DOS A FUCKIN CERO.
Old 11-12-2021, 10:51 PM   #105
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

One of the most dominant games I've seen the US play against Mexico! Great stuff.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Old 11-13-2021, 10:15 AM   #106
PilotMan
Head Coach

That was amazing. What a great two days. My throat hurts, and my voice is hoarse, but it was so very worth it.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 12:50 PM   #107
miami_fan
Coordinator

AITA for wanting to see USMNT score a couple more goals in the first half?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 01:21 PM   #108
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

I'd say you are the asshole for making me look up 'AITA'. Congrats on being the only person that has used that on this very hip forum.
Old 11-13-2021, 02:22 PM   #109
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

We will know next week about the EPL TV rights for 23-28, as it's gone to a 2nd round of bidding, main players appear to be NBC, Fox, a Joint Bid between ESPN-CBS, and Amazon.

It's believed by some prognosticators the 2nd round was a way to try to keep NBC as the broadcaster.
Old 11-13-2021, 02:53 PM   #110
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
We will know next week about the EPL TV rights for 23-28, as it's gone to a 2nd round of bidding, main players appear to be NBC, Fox, a Joint Bid between ESPN-CBS, and Amazon.

It's believed by some prognosticators the 2nd round was a way to try to keep NBC as the broadcaster.

Dola: Update from today

Premier League tells six U.S. companies to resubmit media bids

Some changes for the second round of bidding.

6 or 9 year deals
No half option. All or nothing.
No new partnerships.

"The first change to the bidding process starts with the length of the deal. The Premier League is telling U.S. media companies to bid on a six-year deal. During the first round of bids submitted earlier this week, the Premier League asked for bids on both six- and nine-year deals (though the league has always expected its new deal to be six years). The second change shortened the types of deals that the league will accept. Now, companies must either bid for all league rights exclusively by themselves or as part of a partnership that already has been approved by the league. Back in October, the Premier League told CBS and ESPN that they could bid together."
Old 11-13-2021, 04:52 PM   #111
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar v2 View Post
I'd say you are the asshole for making me look up 'AITA'. Congrats on being the only person that has used that on this very hip forum.

LOL!

I gotta keep up with the youths!
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 11-13-2021, 05:00 PM   #112
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I don't think a 8 year old reddit term is necessarily keeping up with the youths

Re: EPL rights. It's been speculated that the reason for resubmitted bids is that the EPL wasn't too happy with the first round of bidding. I think it's well known by now that NBC overbid on the rights the last time (hence trying to make money back by Peacock-ing it).

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Old 11-13-2021, 05:12 PM   #113
miami_fan
Coordinator

I have nothing against the NBC coverage but I would prefer the EPL rights go to ESPN-CBS or Amazon. With the Women's Super League signing a broadcast deal with CBS, there would be no need for me to get Peacock.
Old 11-13-2021, 07:12 PM   #114
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
No chance of him going to Utd. He’s an ex-Liverpool manager for a start, and he’s personally holding out to succeed Pep at Man City.

If what I'm reading is accurate...
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 07:14 PM   #115
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Eh?
Old 11-13-2021, 07:15 PM   #116
Ksyrup

Brendan Rodgers preparing for the ManU job.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 11-13-2021, 07:18 PM   #117
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

According to what?

Edit: Not doubting you have seen something, but there are very few reliable sources in the English media. It's mostly clickbait and very.. shall we say.. red-oriented.

Last edited by sovereignstar v2 : 11-13-2021 at 07:20 PM.
Old 11-13-2021, 07:32 PM   #118
Ksyrup

Could be. Just seeing things on twitter and various news apps about him being #1 on their list and him househunting in the area where players live.
Old 11-13-2021, 07:45 PM   #119
miami_fan
Coordinator

It would be foolish for everyone involved for a change to happen now. If they were going to fire him, why wait a week into the international break? Even Manchester United would not be that dumb. Now if they lose to Watford next weekend... just kidding.

Sort of.

I don't think too highly of the higher ups at United.
Old 11-13-2021, 07:53 PM   #120
Ksyrup

Sounded like the timing would be January.
Old 11-13-2021, 08:06 PM   #121
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Is he househunting like Saban is always househunting in whatever city is currently looking for a new head coach?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 04:17 PM   #122
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
AITA for wanting to see USMNT score a couple more goals in the first half?

'preciate it Timothy!
Old 11-16-2021, 09:38 PM   #123
bronconick
College Starter

Mexico is at full quit mode
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 10:24 PM   #124
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

They couldn't handle the pressure at the Iceteca.
Old 11-18-2021, 01:58 PM   #125
GrantDawg

No official announcement yet, but it looks like NBC is keeping the Premiership rights.
Old 11-18-2021, 02:14 PM   #126
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Old 11-18-2021, 02:14 PM   #127
GrantDawg

Here we go:
Old 11-18-2021, 02:23 PM   #128
I. J. Reilly
College Prospect

Still not getting Peacock
I. J. Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 02:26 PM   #129
Ksyrup

Same here
Old 11-18-2021, 02:28 PM   #130
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

A real fan would get Youtube TV, Peacock, ESPN+, and Paramount Plus. Yeah.....
Old 11-18-2021, 02:28 PM   #131
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

2.6 Billion is the final damage apparently
Old 11-18-2021, 08:02 PM   #132
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
2.6 Billion is the final damage apparently

Seems excessive even for 4 ala carte networks a month
Old 11-18-2021, 09:06 PM   #133
Critch
lolzcat

French soccer reporter has sat down on twitter tonight and unloaded all the scandals in French soccer he knows.

Main stories are:

Ben Mendy being a rapist is no shock, he's done "unimaginable" things before in France and escaped justice

Another Mendy (Ferland, full back for Real Madrid) sexually assaulted a woman and kicked her repeatedly in the face.

A youth club in DR Congo is a front for pedophiles

Al Qaeda have used youth soccer in France for recruitment

Clubs and agents pay Transfermarkt.com to inflate the value of their players.

Gambling links between Chinese Triads and European leagues, including EPL.

President Macron interfered to get Benzema's suspension canceled.

Some boring stuff about the French FA chief being too ill to work, but still collecting his pay. Light weight scandal compared with the rest.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 01:58 AM   #134
AlexB
Pro Starter

Everyone seems to have forgotten Gylfi Sigurdsson, but is probably because it’s a French article I guess
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 05:28 AM   #135
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
Everyone seems to have forgotten Gylfi Sigurdsson, but is probably because it’s a French article I guess

I googled his name a few weeks and it was almost like he was scrubbed from the internet. There were links to his Instagram and Transfermarkt page but almost nothing else. I just did it again and there are a few articles that mention him.
Old 11-20-2021, 07:00 AM   #136
miami_fan
Coordinator

Sarri was a dumb ass for encouraging Kante to get forward.
Lampard was a dumb ass for encouraging Kante to get forward.
Now Tuchel...
Old 11-20-2021, 08:02 AM   #137
Ksyrup

The reason why I've been so sure Rodgers is leaving Leicester for somewhere is that this team has massively underperformed this year and there's a point at which you go from hottest coaching rumor to is he really that good. You have to strike while the iron is hot and Leicester has been bad/mediocre for 90% of this season.
Old 11-20-2021, 09:56 AM   #138
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

The third iteration of the 'Save Our Ole' thread at the City forum is at 562 pages and in complete panic currently.
Old 11-20-2021, 12:35 PM   #139
Critch
lolzcat

Looks like Ole is about to be no longer at the wheel. They should have given him Villarreal and Chelsea away to try and redeem himself.
Old 11-20-2021, 01:39 PM   #140
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Old 11-20-2021, 05:24 PM   #141
Ksyrup

Looks like he's been sacked.
Old 11-21-2021, 09:06 AM   #142
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Old 11-21-2021, 09:50 AM   #143
miami_fan
Coordinator

#RafaOut?
Old 11-25-2021, 05:36 PM   #144
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
If what I'm reading is accurate...

I think the lesson people need to learn is to block the Daily Express (guessing this was your ‘source’)

The Express and the Star are equally horrendous rags on opposite ends of the political spectrum. The Mail and Mirror equally do, but at least has some sporting credentials, but start by blocking the Express and Star (although not the the West Midlands Express & Star, that’s just an unfortunate combination name!) and you will avoid the worst of the made up stories
Old 11-25-2021, 06:08 PM   #145
Ksyrup

I have no idea. I saw it in a couple of places, but I don't know what's what in Europe. If he were to leave, doubtful he'd do it in season anyway, and aren't ManU about to hire someone as interim?
Old 11-25-2021, 06:15 PM   #146
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I have no idea. I saw it in a couple of places, but I don't know what's what in Europe. If he were to leave, doubtful he'd do it in season anyway, and aren't ManU about to hire someone as interim?

That was the prompt for my post

Last edited by AlexB : 11-25-2021 at 06:16 PM.
Old 11-26-2021, 10:48 AM   #147
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Either European champions Italy or Cristiano Ronaldo's Portugal will miss out on World Cup after being drawn in the same playoff path in Friday's draw.

World Cup playoff draw: Cristiano Ronaldo's Portugal drawn with Italy
Old 11-26-2021, 12:32 PM   #148
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Turkey also in that same pod. Holy shit.
Old 11-27-2021, 01:12 PM   #149
Critch
lolzcat

Erling Haaland interacting with a fan.
Old 11-28-2021, 09:16 AM   #150
miami_fan
Coordinator

Is there a reason why clubs in the EPL do not use plows and snow blowers to remove snow off the pitch? I am guessing it is prevent damage to the surface but I feel like guys and gals with snow shovels would be damaging as well.