Old 02-09-2022, 12:50 PM   #101
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Speaking of shots, Simmons doesn’t/didn’t have one so it’s like Kyrie 2.0
stevew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 01:27 PM   #102
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Whoever faces the Nets is going to have a hell of an advantage in the road games

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 04:01 PM   #103
Atocep
Coordinator

If Simmons and Kyrie end up on the same team we absolutely need a NBA hard knocks.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 12:34 PM   #104
miami_fan
Coordinator

Trade complete.

Quote:
1:17 p.m. ET: The Brooklyn Nets are trading James Harden and Paul Millsap to the Philadelphia 76ers for Ben Simmons, Seth Curry, Andre Drummond and two first-round picks, sources tell ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski. The Sixers are sending the Nets an unprotected 2022 first-round pick and a protected 2027 first-round pick, sources tell ESPN.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 12:58 PM   #105
miami_fan
Coordinator

I am surprised that the Sixers did not have to give up either Thybulle or Maxey.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 02-10-2022, 12:59 PM   #106
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

A 2027 draft pick? I'd love to know the negotiations that had them settle on a pick that far out.
albionmoonlight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 12:59 PM   #107
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Probably the Stepien Rule.
Old 02-10-2022, 01:13 PM   #108
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

As a UW alum would have loved Thybulle, he is my all time favorite Husky, but I think the Nets made out really well here. KD and Kyrie can pick up the scoring slack and they kept Mills. Drummond has actually been awesome this year on a per minute basis and the combo of him and Claxton gives them a nice interior with LMA and Blake still kicking around. Curry can also get hot shooting at times.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 01:24 PM   #109
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
I am surprised that the Sixers did not have to give up either Thybulle or Maxey.

This part kind of stuns me. I think both teams did well here though.
Old 02-10-2022, 01:30 PM   #110
miami_fan
Coordinator

When does Simmons actually get on the court though?

I don't think it is a bad deal at all for the Nets. I just don't know if this is a deal to save this season. Maybe they have already given up on this year.
Old 02-10-2022, 01:48 PM   #111
RainMaker
General Manager

I think it's a great deal for the Nets. Simmons has issues that Durant and Kyrie help cover for. He's under contract for a few more years. Plus replenish some picks and Seth Curry is a nice guy to have.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 02:10 PM   #112
Atocep
Coordinator

I listened to 5 minutes of Stephen A's take and had to change the radio station.

He ripped Morey for not being able to get Simmons for Harden done straight up and questioned why he gave up picks when in potential deals with the Kings and others he was looking to acquire picks.
Old 02-10-2022, 02:14 PM   #113
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
I listened to 5 minutes of Stephen A's take and had to change the radio station.

He ripped Morey for not being able to get Simmons for Harden done straight up and questioned why he gave up picks when in potential deals with the Kings and others he was looking to acquire picks.

SA said something loud and dumb? No way!

SI

Old 02-10-2022, 02:43 PM   #114
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Whomever comes out of the east the next 3 years and wins a title is the obvious winner of the trade, but it’s hard to look at it and not think that Morey got taken to the woodshed.

Also they should just abolish the Stepien rule.
Old 02-10-2022, 02:44 PM   #115
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I like that Porzingis trade for the Mavs if Dinwiddie can get back to form.
Old 02-10-2022, 02:45 PM   #116
Atocep
Coordinator

Imagine being told 2 years ago Porzingis would be traded for Spencer Dinwiddie.
Old 02-10-2022, 02:46 PM   #117
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I like that Porzingis trade for the Mavs if Dinwiddie can get back to form.

Porzingis was an awful fit with Luka. Getting out from under that contract was a win itself.
Old 02-10-2022, 03:08 PM   #118
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Bertans is on a pretty stinky deal too(16/17/16 remaining), but it's hilarious to see both Latvians in the league getting swapped.
Old 02-10-2022, 03:10 PM   #119
rjolley
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post

Stephen A did his (and way to many others) usual schtick of exaggerating the point, but he's not totally wrong. The deal does potentially make the Nets better. They add a premier defensive player to a team that's weak on D, they add another shooter who doesn't need to handle the ball as much as Harden, and a solid big to shore up that part of the rotation. And they got 2 firsts.

Philly got the best player, but the Nets are stronger.

Also, I would've liked to see the Bulls make a move, but I'm ok that they didn't. I don't now if there was a player available that keeps them into the top tier of the conference. Maybe they could've gotten Grant or Collins, but at what cost to what they already have. Don't know if one of those trades moves the needle enough.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 03:41 PM   #120
RainMaker
General Manager

Yeah, Dallas got some stinky contracts in return on that deal. Not sure it was completely about the money.

Would have liked to have seen the Bulls make a move too. But it seems like they were a little stuck because they don't have a lot of assets and their owner is absolutely not going to pay a cent in luxury tax.
Old 02-10-2022, 04:43 PM   #121
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Yeah I think it's better for the Nets. Now if Ben is like Zion fat then maybe not. But if he's in shape, KD, Kyrie, Simmons, and Seth is a great group to have.

Hardin and Embiid will be scary, but both are made of glass. 6ers don't have a backup C as well now

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Old 02-10-2022, 05:00 PM   #122
Danny
Head Coach

I hope they all lose
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 05:58 PM   #123
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Team LeBron is going to destroy team KD.

Steph
Joker
Giannis
LeBron
DeRozen

Luka, Paul, and Butler off the bench

Last edited by Lathum : 02-10-2022 at 05:59 PM.
Old 02-10-2022, 06:00 PM   #124
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

lol- and Harden is the final selection after KD takes Gobert over him despite having Embiid and KAT while LeBron cracks up

Last edited by Lathum : 02-10-2022 at 06:00 PM.
Old 02-11-2022, 06:11 AM   #125
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I'm happy for the Sixers.

Morey held the line and won. Ben gets to go to the Nets and he no longer has to develop; he can be a defender without a jump shot. Harden can go to the Sixers and have Embiid pave the lanes.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 11:38 PM   #126
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The story behind the Michael Jordan debut ticket that could break records at auction

Ticket to Michael Jordan's NBA debut could fetch $1M

Last edited by stevew : 02-17-2022 at 11:40 PM.
Old 02-20-2022, 05:56 PM   #127
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Anyone else think the All-Star game format is beyond stupid? How many years in a row does Lebron get to be a captain? And how is this better than the old East/West game?
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 06:00 PM   #128
Jas_lov
College Starter

Yeah, I like the old format better. I just want to see the 75th anniversary team ceremony.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 06:38 PM   #129
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
Anyone else think the All-Star game format is beyond stupid? How many years in a row does Lebron get to be a captain? And how is this better than the old East/West game?

This format was supposed to 1) create scenarios like the one Lathum thought was funny when they drafted the teams and 2) spark some competitive juices that come from a sensitive player being picked after a player that he does not feel is as good as him. I don't know I just don't think it is realistic to do it the way I would like to see it done.

Announce all the All-Stars prior to the game. Have the captains pick their teams right there on the court. Let the jokes fly about whoever was the last pick then play the game.

More than likely, I still won't watch because I have come to hate all all star games but I might watch them pick teams.
Old 02-20-2022, 07:14 PM   #130
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

They also want a competitive 4th quarter.

I took a shot at 40-1 for Darius Garland to win MVP. Think he can get hot from 3 in his home arena
Old 02-21-2022, 12:27 PM   #131
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
They also want a competitive 4th quarter.

I took a shot at 40-1 for Darius Garland to win MVP. Think he can get hot from 3 in his home arena

I had a bunch of free bets from the super bowl and I did garland at 50:1. Was hoping that would hit for 2000$ lol. I also luckily had Curry at 9:1 and 10:1 and made 460
Old 02-21-2022, 12:29 PM   #132
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The captains are the top vote getters in each conference I believe? I thought the first 2 quarters were basically hot garbage there for awhile but the 3rd and 4th were entertaining. You could tell when someone had their pride triggered and decided to respond.
Old 02-26-2022, 11:11 AM   #133
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

This is an awesome Tweet

SI

Old 02-26-2022, 01:46 PM   #134
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

It's funny how triggered people get about that tweet
Old 02-26-2022, 04:18 PM   #135
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

I think it's funny how triggered people get about Ben Simmons in general (in both directions).
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 01:17 PM   #136
Atocep
Coordinator

Harden, Embiid, and Maxey are playing excellent together and look like they've played together for years already. The Harden/Embiid pick and rolls are unstoppable. Tobias Harris looks lost though.
Old 02-27-2022, 08:29 PM   #137
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Markelle Fultz is coming back tomorrow. Hopefully he gets his career back in shape. Also Cade Cunningham is 8:1 to win the rookie of the year and Mobley is 2:15. Is there any value in that wager? Cunningham started late but he's only played in 5 less games. Although his team is terrible.
Old 03-19-2022, 12:47 PM   #138
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Was doing a deep dive on some NBA scoring stuff. LeBron should pass Malone in his next game for #2. It's possible he gets to 40K points, but obviously that depends on health. It looks like Kareem's mark should fall somewhere around late Feb/Early March of next year. At that point, his record will have stood for about 39 years. It just seems unlikely that anyone will ever catch LeBron.

Anyways, I also found this article about Wilt's 100 point game. Pretty damning stuff. Good thing there isn't a record of this on video cause the game sounds like a total joke

The Truth Behind Wilt Chamberlain's 100-Point Game | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights
Old 03-19-2022, 12:56 PM   #139
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I knew Scottie Barnes was great but underrated due to his college stats and the way FSU uses its players, but he's been better than I ever expected as a rookie.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 03-19-2022 at 12:56 PM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 09:35 PM   #140
Atocep
Coordinator

Someone on twitter posted that Donovan Mitchell is averaging 2 passes per game to Rody Gobert, which has been confirmed. So people have been putting that into perspective.

For example: Trae Young has 152 assists to Clint Capela this season. Donovan Mitchell has 151 passes to Gobert.

Probably not a healthy environment to have 2 players that hate each other as much as these 2 seem to sharing the court.
Old 04-03-2022, 09:52 PM   #141
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

That’s a wild stat. Is it because the COVID thing? I thought k saw somewhere Mitchell blames him for getting COVID.
Old 04-03-2022, 10:02 PM   #142
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
That’s a wild stat. Is it because the COVID thing? I thought k saw somewhere Mitchell blames him for getting COVID.

They had issues before the COVID thing. Gobert supposedly isn't popular with many of the Jazz players but Mitchell, especially, doesn't like him. The COVID thing was the final straw for him according to what I've read.
Old 04-07-2022, 06:28 AM   #143
Ksyrup

Just a weird observation from last night's ESPN DH. The Nets came back to beat the Knicks, with the 2nd half score being 60-31, Nets. That was followed by Clippers-Suns with a first half score of 60-31, Clippers.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 04-07-2022 at 06:28 AM.
Old 04-07-2022, 07:14 AM   #144
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

It'll fixed!

Not the way you think, but more like some weird fever dream of a random some stat guy!

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 04-07-2022 at 07:14 AM.
Old 04-10-2022, 10:49 AM   #145
miami_fan
Coordinator

MYP votes need to be in by the end of the day. Contact your favorite MVP voter and tell them not to embarrass themselves by not voting for Nikola Jokic.
Old 04-10-2022, 11:21 AM   #146
Ksyrup

Seems like there's some groundswell of support for Barnes for ROY. Of course it might just be my Twitter feed is somewhat slanted...
Old 04-13-2022, 09:51 AM   #147
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I kind of think 7 should play 10 and 8 vs 9 and winner of both games advance instead of the current setup. But otherwise a decent night of play-in games.
Old 04-13-2022, 09:31 PM   #148
RainMaker
General Manager

I really like the play-in games. It makes the regular season more meaningful because you have to fall in that top-6 to guarantee a spot. And the play-in games have been fun. Gives a chance for some young up-and-coming teams to showcase themselves. And the crowds have been tremendous.
Old 04-15-2022, 07:45 PM   #149
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Capela deserved to get his knee blown up
Old 04-15-2022, 09:24 PM   #150
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Capela deserved to get his knee blown up
And Cleveland deserves a long vacation.

Trae is just crazy when back into a corner.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote