Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-12-2022, 06:56 PM   #151
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Mets trade for Chris Bassitt. Really like the move. He had great year and since it is his walk year didn't give up much. If he pitches well Cohen will give him a nice offer and if he doesn't he can walk. I think he is a great fit to slide behind Max and DeGrom. Really like the move.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2022, 01:30 PM   #152
JPhillips
General Manager

The continuing dismantling of the Reds continues. Sonny Gray was traded to the Twins for a Single-A pitcher ranked their 9th best prospect.

But Castellini saved 10 mil, so I guess that's a win.
Old 03-13-2022, 02:40 PM   #153
stevew
Hall Of Famer

You sold me on Gallo for MVP. It will be fun to cheer for. Turn pizza money into a couple house payments if he wins.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2022, 07:36 PM   #154
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
You sold me on Gallo for MVP. It will be fun to cheer for. Turn pizza money into a couple house payments if he wins.

I had him on my fantasy year last year when he his .160 as a Yankee. I would personally just buy the pizza.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2022, 07:44 PM   #155
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I'll be on him for sure.
Old 03-14-2022, 11:19 AM   #156
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Old 03-14-2022, 11:29 AM   #157
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Old 03-14-2022, 11:51 AM   #158
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Turning a potential career-ending accident into an endorsement deal. HOFer.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 12:39 PM   #159
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Sanchez and Gio for Donaldson and some other twins seems solid. Sanchez just could never get back to hitting. For a minute, he was special.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 12:48 PM   #160
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Sanchez and Gio for Donaldson and some other twins seems solid. Sanchez just could never get back to hitting. For a minute, he was special.

I just want to see that awkward moment when Donaldson and Cole meet
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 03:45 PM   #161
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Braves trade for Matt Olsen. So long Freddie.
Old 03-14-2022, 04:14 PM   #162
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Braves trade for Matt Olsen. So long Freddie.
As a fan, it is devastating. I watched Freddie grow up in the Braves uniform. Chipper past that clubhouse to him, and he became more than the face of the franchise. He was the heart and soul of that team. BUT, business is business. The Braves could not pay him 35 million a year for 6 years. There is no way that he will be with that 4 years into that contract. Matt Olson has better numbers than Freddie and is much more affordable for the next two years. Still, Anthopoulos said he had a contract offer open to Freddie and the trade worked out in-case. He just couldn't wait any longer for Freddie to decide. If he lost both, the team really would have nothing. He made the right decision. It is going to kill me to see number 5 in Dodger blue, though.
The other sad thing is I really liked Pache, and people fall over backward praising Langeleirs. I hate I am not going to see him behind the plate for the Braves.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 06:37 PM   #163
tarcone
Coordinator

I thik Freddie is gone as well, but dont forget there is a DH now in the NL, so maybe Freddie stays. I sure dont want him landing on the Dodgers roster.

Reds and Pirates sure are making it easier for the Cardinals to make it a great career ending year for Yadi and Waino

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 07:03 PM   #164
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
I thik Freddie is gone as well, but dont forget there is a DH now in the NL, so maybe Freddie stays. I sure dont want him landing on the Dodgers roster.

Reds and Pirates sure are making it easier for the Cardinals to make it a great career ending year for Yadi and Waino

Zero chance they keep him. No way they give up those prospects if he is coming back. They are also both tremendous defense so it isn't a situation where you stash one at DF.
Old 03-14-2022, 07:05 PM   #165
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
As a fan, it is devastating. I watched Freddie grow up in the Braves uniform. Chipper past that clubhouse to him, and he became more than the face of the franchise. He was the heart and soul of that team. BUT, business is business. The Braves could not pay him 35 million a year for 6 years. There is no way that he will be with that 4 years into that contract. Matt Olson has better numbers than Freddie and is much more affordable for the next two years. Still, Anthopoulos said he had a contract offer open to Freddie and the trade worked out in-case. He just couldn't wait any longer for Freddie to decide. If he lost both, the team really would have nothing. He made the right decision. It is going to kill me to see number 5 in Dodger blue, though.
The other sad thing is I really liked Pache, and people fall over backward praising Langeleirs. I hate I am not going to see him behind the plate for the Braves.

I love Freeman but this is about as good an outcome as you could hope for. Olson is an amazing player. I watch a ton of west coast baseball. You are going to love the guy. When Acuna comes back that lineup is going to be downright scary.
Old 03-14-2022, 07:09 PM   #166
GrantDawg

Reports saying the Blue Jay's are in talks with Freddie. I like that much better than the Dodgers or the Yankees.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Old 03-14-2022, 07:11 PM   #167
Ksyrup

Blue Jays also heavy on Schwarber.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 03-14-2022, 07:18 PM   #168
tarcone
Coordinator

Schwarber is exactly what the Cardinals need. Too bad the organization cries small market all the time.

Old 03-14-2022, 07:30 PM   #169
Ksyrup

Cutch to the Brewers.

Amazing. If you had told me he retired 5 years ago, I would have believed you.
Old 03-14-2022, 09:24 PM   #170
JPhillips
General Manager

Winker and Suarez to the Mariners for a bunch of meh. If Suarez hits as he did in April that will go down as a historically bad trade.

Owners should change the revenue sharing formula so that teams under 80% of the average payroll don't get anything. The Reds clearly aren't trying to win.
Old 03-14-2022, 09:28 PM   #171
henry296
College Starter

The players wanted all teams to compete and the owners wanted cost certainty, sounds a salary cap / floor would've solved these problems. It sounds like the players lost again.
Old 03-15-2022, 11:17 AM   #172
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Ken Griffey Jr. is 6th highest-paid player on Reds payroll in 2022 (no really) | WKRC
Old 03-15-2022, 11:48 AM   #173
tarcone
Coordinator

Started a thread but not getting a response, so I will ask here, what is the best software tool to use to prepare for my roto auction this year?

I have googled stuff, but nothing really sticks out to me. Do any of you use anything that will make things easier?

Old 03-15-2022, 11:51 AM   #174
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

For season long?

Not sure, I only focus on DFS and The Bat from Derek Carty is easily the best. Not sure if he does season long projections.

I would poke around Rotogrinders. It is mostly DFS but may have some season long stuff.
Old 03-15-2022, 01:24 PM   #175
GrantDawg

Goodness, AA is the contract whisperer. Matt Olson gets an 8 year, $168 million dollar extension. $15 million this year, $21m next, then $22m for the rest. $22m a year for the prime years of a power hitters career is some kind of deal. They also have a club option for one more year at $20m with no buy out.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 03-15-2022 at 01:25 PM.
Old 03-15-2022, 10:21 PM   #176
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I guess we now understand why MLB wants to drop MORE minor league teams in the latest CBA.

Judge rules minor league players are MLB employees throughout year and are owed damages – The Athletic

(from what it sounds like, MLB tried to argue that minor league players should not be compensated for things like spring training, or time spent travelling, etcetera, and that the players were merely "Creative professionals" and not employees.

Last edited by SirFozzie : 03-15-2022 at 10:22 PM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 07:36 AM   #177
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Rizzo signs with the Yankees. Given it is the Yankees I wouldn't say never, but that has to reduce the chances of them getting Freeman.

Pirates sign Vogelbach so he isn't going there.

Dodgers seem really likely at this point.

Also seeing rumors of Chapman to the Jays. Oof...

Last edited by Lathum : 03-16-2022 at 07:38 AM.
Old 03-16-2022, 07:44 AM   #178
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Of all the bad sport take type people out there I think the worst are fans of New York teams proposing trades.

Some guys said on twitter the Mets need to swoop in NOW and trade JD Davis and Dom Smith to the A's for Matt Chapman.
Old 03-16-2022, 07:51 AM   #179
GrantDawg

I think Freeman may have overplayed his hand.
Old 03-16-2022, 08:33 AM   #180
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I think Freeman may have overplayed his hand.

I was thinking the same thing. Not having the Yankees in play really hurts his leverage. Maybe he will bring in the Mets Arod style.
Old 03-16-2022, 08:43 AM   #181
Ksyrup

Schwarber to Phillies.
Old 03-16-2022, 10:40 AM   #182
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Mets just gonna sit around and let every other team in the division acquire power hitters.
Old 03-16-2022, 05:37 PM   #183
Ksyrup

Kris Bryant to the Rockies. 7 years, $182M.
Old 03-16-2022, 06:07 PM   #184
RainMaker
General Manager

Uhhhh....why did they trade Arenado?
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 05:24 AM   #185
GrantDawg

I guess I was wrong. Freddie did get 6 years out of the Dodgers.

Old 03-17-2022, 06:19 AM   #186
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Uhhhh....why did they trade Arenado?

Because they didn't want to have a 3B with a long-term, expensive contract and no-trade clause!
Old 03-17-2022, 06:34 AM   #187
GrantDawg

Just looking at it, Freddie ended up with $18 million more dollars than the Braces were offering to get that extra year. Over the course of the contract, the higher tax bracket in California is going to cost him more then that $18 million. So basically he took less money to have a longer contract.
Old 03-17-2022, 04:27 PM   #188
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Because they didn't want to have a 3B with a long-term, expensive contract and no-trade clause!

I didn't realize they are still paying $50 million of Arenado's deal! And while I love Kris Bryant, Arenado is a better player.
Old 03-18-2022, 04:49 PM   #189
GrantDawg

Quote:
Just looking at it, Freddie ended up with $18 million more dollars than the Braces were offering to get that extra year. Over the course of the contract, the higher tax bracket in California is going to cost him more then that $18 million. So basically he took less money to have a longer contract.
It is worse than that....
Old 03-18-2022, 04:55 PM   #190
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:

He is from California, so maybe living out there played a role too. And I wonder how much more value there is in endorsements playing for the Dodgers.
Old 03-18-2022, 05:06 PM   #191
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
He is from California, so maybe living out there played a role too. And I wonder how much more value there is in endorsements playing for the Dodgers.
He claimed he wanted to be a life-long Brave, and now he is acting hurt that the Braves moved on. Chipper (a good friend of his) was on the radio today and made it clear what happened. Chipper told him that his agent works for him, but he let his agents try to leverage the Braves for more money. Instead, they moved on.
Old 03-18-2022, 05:09 PM   #192
Swaggs
Coordinator

His wife is also an “influencer,” so it wouldn’t be a surprise if she preferred LA.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 06:15 PM   #193
GrantDawg

His wife is from Florida and preffered living close to her family. He made it clear in his own speech that Atlanta was his first choice. He just wants to blame the front office when it him that overplayed his hand.

Old 03-18-2022, 07:09 PM   #194
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
He just wants to blame the front office when it him that overplayed his hand.

Did he overplay it? Or did he (instruct his agent to) play it in a way that got him exactly what he wanted all along, while providing him cover for it at home?
Old 03-18-2022, 07:21 PM   #195
Ksyrup

I refuse to consider him a loser in this situation. It was going to be win/win either way.
Old 03-18-2022, 07:25 PM   #196
tarcone
Coordinator

People bitching that Freemans contract sucks.... HAHAHAHHA

Dude will make more in a half month then I will will in 5 lifetimes.

Old 03-18-2022, 07:33 PM   #197
RainMaker
General Manager

Seemed to work out for everyone. Freeman got paid and is in California where I think he wanted to be. Braves get a really good young replacement who will likely outproduce Freeman over the next 6 years.
Old 03-18-2022, 07:46 PM   #198
GrantDawg

Who said "loser" or "sucks"? I'm simply stating he didn't get what he professed he wanted because he was dragging his feet for an extra couple of million that he didn't get. For him to come off as "shocked" the Braves woukd move in from him is rich.

Old 03-18-2022, 09:55 PM   #199
MrBug708
Head Coach

Braves get their man back from the Dodgers, stealing Kenley Jansen away.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 09:59 PM   #200
PilotMan
Head Coach

I have very mixed feelings about that one. He's been a face of the team for so long, but between his meltdowns and total dominance LA could do so much worse than to have found a way to keep him. He's going to need to be very good to make that 1 yr deal pay off. Like Kersh, he's got something to prove this year....again.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote