Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-12-2010, 03:20 PM   #901
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
People are probably gun shy now.

The terrorists have won.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 03:25 PM   #902
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
The terrorists have won.

They've infiltrated our imagination.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:01 PM   #903
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Mad Men. July 25th. Can't Fuckin' Wait.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:17 PM   #904
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
Mad Men. July 25th. Can't Fuckin' Wait.

I'm halfway through season 1. Gonna try to power through it to get caught up for the new season.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 01:54 PM   #905
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Is the forum running slow as shit for anybody else? Is it because OS is getting slammed because of NCAA 11?

Or is it just me?
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 04:55 PM   #906
JediKooter
Coordinator

Couldn't get on here for about an hour or so. All seems fine now. They must have switched out the gerbils.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 07-13-2010, 05:16 PM   #907
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Couldn't get on here for about an hour or so. All seems fine now. They must have switched out the gerbils.

this
Old 07-13-2010, 06:59 PM   #908
JediKooter
Coordinator

I really hate when dinning places try to get 'fancy' with the food they serve. Look, all I want is a burger. No, I don't want the cilantro/pineapple/yogurt spread on it. I want chicken. No, I don't want the spicy cranberry sauce on it and don't give me a funny look when I say I don't want it on there. I just think it's sad when places like that put style over quality and taste. It's food, not a work of art.

Old 07-13-2010, 07:05 PM   #909
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I really hate when dinning places try to get 'fancy' with the food they serve. Look, all I want is a burger. No, I don't want the cilantro/pineapple/yogurt spread on it. I want chicken. No, I don't want the spicy cranberry sauce on it and don't give me a funny look when I say I don't want it on there. I just think it's sad when places like that put style over quality and taste. It's food, not a work of art.

What kind of places are you talking about? Like Fridays and Applebees? Because when I go to a restaurant that I know is more upscale, I've found that those enhancements don't just add style, they add flavor.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 07:08 PM   #910
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Yeah, I'm on both sides of that coin....I don't want anything fancy, or any kind of 'sauce' on my burger, but I never want 'just chicken'.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 07:10 PM   #911
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

If I'm paying $10+ for a meal they better fancy it up.
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 07:13 PM   #912
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I love brats.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:40 PM   #913
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
What kind of places are you talking about? Like Fridays and Applebees? Because when I go to a restaurant that I know is more upscale, I've found that those enhancements don't just add style, they add flavor.

/tk

No, sorry, should have specified. The cafeteria here at work. I don't know if it's because we are in the bay area and the quirk in quirkiness is magnified 20 thousands times than what it normally would be anywhere else or they are just trying too hard.

Here's an example from our online menu:

Luncheon Grill
Grilled Niman Ranch Pork Burgers with Cherry BBQ Sauce, Creamy Icebox Slaw and Sweet Potato Fries

Cherry BBQ sauce??? WTF?????

Old 07-13-2010, 07:59 PM   #914
Bad-example
College Starter

The assholes at that creditreportdotcom site are prepping to unleash a new wave of musical commercials upon the nation. Won't somebody please step up and assassinate the people responsible?
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 05:19 AM   #915
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Heh, I actually bought a jar of cranberry BBQ sauce at this place I had breakfast last Saturday -- going to try it on the grill this Sunday with some chicken.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 12:40 PM   #916
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
100% of the time that I see "I. J. Reilly" on this board, I read it as "I. P. Freely"

Quote:

Both of these made me go

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 02:42 PM   #917
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

You'd love our cafeteria. The healthy choice menu option is usually a piece of pasty white boiled chicken and some type of bland looking vegetable.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 02:52 PM   #918
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Someone working in our cafeteria has a Mango Chutney fetish.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 02:54 PM   #919
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad-example View Post
The assholes at that creditreportdotcom site are prepping to unleash a new wave of musical commercials upon the nation. Won't somebody please step up and assassinate the people responsible?

I don't see how they expect to improve upon the perfection of the previous jingle.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 02:56 PM   #920
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataKing View Post
Someone working in our cafeteria has a Mango Chutney fetish.

I like Mango Chutney. That said, I OD'd on the stuff sometime back in 2003 or 2004. I couldn't eat it again for another 5 years or so.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:19 PM   #921
Swaggs
Coordinator

Everytime I see someone of facebook that has a joint account with their spouse, it makes me wonder what kind of maritial trouble they have.

Is that wrong?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:55 PM   #922
sabotai
General Manager

Migraines = not fun.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:11 PM   #923
JS19
College Prospect

Got back into competitive baseball again this yr for the first time in about 3 yrs. I've never been more frustrated in my life. Swing looks and feels as great as ever, but my timing is way off and I can't do anything about it. I know my timing is off, I know how to fix it (or at least I thought I did), being that I had a similar problem on my Legion team yrs ago, but I just can't figure it out this time. I try letting the ball get deeper in the zone, but I'm so worried about the timing I let it get too deep and either can't catch up or foul it off. Now I'm worried about it getting too deep, I overcompensate and swing way too early. Completely random and meaningless, but my frustration has reached the point I needed to vent.
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 12:39 AM   #924
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Pink Floyd fans rejoice!

Roger Waters is taking 'The Wall' on tour this fall and has said that David Gilmour will be joining in on Comfortably Numb in one of the shows!
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:56 AM   #925
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS19 View Post
Got back into competitive baseball again this yr for the first time in about 3 yrs. I've never been more frustrated in my life. Swing looks and feels as great as ever, but my timing is way off and I can't do anything about it. I know my timing is off, I know how to fix it (or at least I thought I did), being that I had a similar problem on my Legion team yrs ago, but I just can't figure it out this time. I try letting the ball get deeper in the zone, but I'm so worried about the timing I let it get too deep and either can't catch up or foul it off. Now I'm worried about it getting too deep, I overcompensate and swing way too early. Completely random and meaningless, but my frustration has reached the point I needed to vent.

Get all the way back in the batter's box, use a much lighter bat, open up your stance a little bit and choke up. Once you've got that, move up to a slightly heavier bat and then eventually you will be back to your old self. Oh and hit the cages!!!!

Old 07-15-2010, 10:58 AM   #926
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I went out to dinner last night and Mitch Albom was at the table right behind me.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:09 AM   #927
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS19 View Post

It always helped me to use a check swing to get my timing back down. Start out, at the cages (where the pitch location will be relatively consistent) by just holding the bat out to make contact for a few pitches. Then, work into a check swing into that location and then finally begin swinging through. If they have different speeds, I'd work my way up by beginning with something slow or moderate.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:21 PM   #929
I. J. Reilly
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I went out to dinner last night and Mitch Albom was at the table right behind me.

Which brings up the age old question; when is it socially acceptable to punch someone sitting in a booster seat?
I. J. Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 01:06 PM   #930
Tigercat
College Starter

Four girls I dated seriously in the past have gotten married just in this year. This week a girl I worked with and thought I had chemistry with announced she was engaged to a long distance boyfriend no one knew about. I am starting to get worried that I have the magic touch that turns all women I know into married women.
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 01:07 PM   #931
cuervo72
Head Coach

Better than the touch that turns them lesbian.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:07 PM   #932
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyroofoo View Post
Pink Floyd fans rejoice!

Roger Waters is taking 'The Wall' on tour this fall and has said that David Gilmour will be joining in on Comfortably Numb in one of the shows!

w00t!
Old 07-15-2010, 01:19 PM   #933
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Speaking of marriages, is there anything more nerve racking than deciding on the proper time to ask your girlfriend's father for his blessing over your proposal? Especially when your girlfriend is currently living at home...

Though, at least, the girlfriend has said it doesn't matter if he gives his blessing or not (it'll just make it awkward if he doesn't or waffles on it and then the proposal is done).
Old 07-15-2010, 01:23 PM   #934
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Speaking of marriages, is there anything more nerve racking than deciding on the proper time to ask your girlfriend's father for his blessing over your proposal? Especially when your girlfriend is currently living at home...

Though, at least, the girlfriend has said it doesn't matter if he gives his blessing or not (it'll just make it awkward if he doesn't or waffles on it and then the proposal is done).

Just take him out and get him drunk. At that point you don't even have to ask him, you just say, "Remember when I asked you the other night if I could marry your daughter and you said what took me so long?"... Problem solved.

Old 07-15-2010, 01:25 PM   #935
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
Four girls I dated seriously in the past have gotten married just in this year. This week a girl I worked with and thought I had chemistry with announced she was engaged to a long distance boyfriend no one knew about. I am starting to get worried that I have the magic touch that turns all women I know into married women.

Good Luck Chuck!!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 01:25 PM   #936
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Wait a second - you're planning on marrying this chicky??
Old 07-15-2010, 01:26 PM   #937
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I asked afterward...
Old 07-15-2010, 01:31 PM   #938
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
I asked afterward...

Was originally the plan, but then her mom (who is all in favor of this) mentioned that her dad would probably be pissy if he wasn't asked beforehand. And if she didn't live at home, I'd probably do it afterwards regardless.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:32 PM   #939
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Wait a second - you're planning on marrying this chicky??

Yis... why the shock?
Old 07-15-2010, 01:33 PM   #940
JediKooter
Coordinator

I'm still waiting on my refund from my marriage.

Old 07-15-2010, 01:34 PM   #941
Tigercat
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Good Luck Chuck!!

Heh, yea it does remind me a bit of that movie. Only differences, I sadly don't look as good as Dane Cook, it isn't happening as a result of me sleeping with a variety of women, and I somehow doubt I will stumble into a Jessica Alba lookalike.

Although if I ever did stumble into a quirky, good hearted Jessica Alba lookalike, I could probably stuff a lifetime of women problems into the attic and call it a day.

On the bright side I don't have an unfunny sidekick like the guy from that movie.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:36 PM   #942
sabotai
General Manager

Am I the only one that thinks asking a father for permission to ask their daughter for her hand in marriage is really weird? People still do that? Seems pretty archaic to me.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 01:38 PM   #943
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yis... why the shock?

Just mock-shock. Being silly.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:38 PM   #944
Tigercat
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
Am I the only one that thinks asking a father for permission to ask their daughter for her hand in marriage is really weird? People still do that? Seems pretty archaic to me.

That was my first thought as well, but if sounds like that's what the family wants, so I could understand going through with it.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:40 PM   #945
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I have no personal experience with this, but I know that my brother-in-law asked my father before proposing to my sister. Of course this was after he knocked her up. And the wedding didn't happen until after she was pregnant a second time.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:41 PM   #946
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:

Nope. You are definitely not the only one and yes, it is archaic. The funny little things you do for love though.

Old 07-15-2010, 01:41 PM   #947
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

THIS!!

I'm somewhat peeved I'm supposed to do this. I find it highly mysogynistic.

Funny thing was originally the girlfriend didn't want me to ask because she wanted it to be a surprised, and she's very good at picking up differences in body language and stuff to figure out what's going on. But then there was this grumbling about the dad wanted to be asked and here I am... grumble.

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 07-15-2010 at 01:43 PM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:13 PM   #948
stevew
Hall Of Famer

approach the situation like you are curious what the dowry for taking his daughter off of his hands is.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:14 PM   #949
Swaggs
Coordinator

Unless you are going for a complete blindside proposal (ie: you have never talked to your significant other about marriage), I would just see what she prefers and go for that.

My wife did not want me to ask her dad's permission, so I didn't. We just made an announcement that we were engaged and getting married. I'm pretty sure that he didn't care, but I think her mother would have liked for me to ask permission. In any case, my wife didn't want me to ask and, in the end, she is the one that I have to live with and keep happy.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:14 PM   #950
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
approach the situation like you are curious what the dowry for taking his daughter off of his hands is.

+1