Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-06-2023, 05:30 PM   #25451
stevew
Hall Of Famer

If you swap TVs your wife/gf/so will never know.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 08:41 PM   #25452
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Thanks to the fireworks for the past week, one of our dogs refuses to go out at night unless he's about to pee or shit himself, so we're up at all hours of the night to take him out. And that's WITH sedatives we gave him leading up to the weekend and Tuesday's fireworks. I hope this doesn't last too much longer, but he's the most neurotic dog I've ever owned, so this may be the new normal.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 09:47 AM   #25453
Ksyrup

I could swear we used to have a cool/funny videos thread but I can't find it, so I'm just going to post this here.

For his next trick, he's going to find his way out of a locked room with 3 twigs, a banana peel, a broken vuvuzela and a key.

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 07-07-2023 at 09:48 AM.
Old 07-08-2023, 01:49 AM   #25454
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

hey you all, you should all go to this thread
2023+ FOFC Game Gift Thread (!) - Front Office Football Central

fozzie and the others feel like hoarders and genuinely want to give them to the community so go pick out something from the huge lists there.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2023, 06:57 AM   #25455
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
If you swap wife/gf/so your TVs will never know.

This is how I read this post. I think I'm getting dyslexic.
Old 07-10-2023, 07:38 AM   #25456
Ksyrup

Larry Nassar was stabbed multiple times in federal prison. The hierarchy of criminals does its job again.
Old 07-10-2023, 11:41 AM   #25457
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Larry Nassar was stabbed multiple times in federal prison. The hierarchy of criminals does its job again.

Child molesters don't deserve any sympathy.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 01:31 PM   #25458
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post

You hate to see it.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 01:55 PM   #25459
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

I'm pretty compassionate to all people, and definitely more pacifist as I have gotten older. That said, what took them so long?
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 02:00 PM   #25460
Ksyrup

via GIPHY

Old 07-10-2023, 04:17 PM   #25461
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I really want to get a new TV for my basement. When we moved into our place five years ago, I bought one of those TCL Roku TVs for the basement. It’s been great. No issues. But, it turns out that I pretty much watch everything I watch down there and now want a better TV - LG OLED - like we have upstairs, despite the fact that the Roku TV works fine.

A dilemma.

Update: The TV I had been eyeing was down an additional 10% today. It arrives Wednesday.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 04:21 PM   #25462
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

What is it about the whole "rapists getting killed by inmates" thing. There should really be a seinfeld routine about it. I mean this guy over here burnt a house down and killed 50 people so he'll just be the biggest inmate's bitch...but that guy. Shiv city
Old 07-10-2023, 04:31 PM   #25463
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
What is it about the whole "rapists getting killed by inmates" thing. There should really be a seinfeld routine about it. I mean this guy over here burnt a house down and killed 50 people so he'll just be the biggest inmate's bitch...but that guy. Shiv city

Depends on the crime but I'm guessing a guy that murdered 50 innocent people wouldn't have fun in jail.

I always figured that criminals consider crimes against other criminals and grown men fair game, but self-police pretty hard crimes against the innocent and defenseless. I'm not a career criminal though, so I could be off base here.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 09:31 PM   #25464
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
You hate to see it.

I know this is the unpopular opinion. But I think that anyone that is glad to see him stabbed is a sadist. I don't care what his crime is.

This situation just proves how barbaric American prisons are.
Old 07-10-2023, 09:47 PM   #25465
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
I know this is the unpopular opinion. But I think that anyone that is glad to see him stabbed is a sadist. I don't care what his crime is.

I don't wish ill on vast majority of people. But for serial, child molesters, no problem.
Old 07-10-2023, 09:48 PM   #25466
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

yeah why aren't prisons nicer

air condition, pluish carpeting, taco tuesdays, karaoke....
Old 07-10-2023, 09:57 PM   #25467
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
yeah why aren't prisons nicer

air condition, pluish carpeting, taco tuesdays, karaoke....

If they're great then you could always commit a crime an get into one.
Old 07-11-2023, 07:47 AM   #25468
Ksyrup

A couple of oddball "superfan" stories hit my phone at the same time yesterday. One, the "ChiefsAholic"dude who wears the wolf mask to games was apparently a bank robber. I don't remember hearing about this story at all back in December, but in March he cut off his ankle monitor and has been on the run. He was caught over the weekend in California. Apparently he liked masks more than we all thought?

The other is Miami Hurricanes superfan "Cutler Ridge Laz" who was well-known locally on call-in shows and on Twitter stabbed his neighbor to death last year over an argument about stray animals and took a plea deal for a 15 year sentence.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 07-11-2023 at 07:49 AM.
Old 07-11-2023, 07:51 AM   #25469
Kodos
Resident Alien

Huh. Who knew superfans were nuts?
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 08:30 AM   #25470
jcard
n00b

Quote:

As a fellow member of the apparent minority on this issue I appreciate and concur with your sentiments.
jcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 08:33 AM   #25471
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcard View Post
As a fellow member of the apparent minority on this issue I appreciate and concur with your sentiments.

Anyone else think Nobodyhere just created a new account just so he could agree with himself?
Old 07-11-2023, 10:00 AM   #25472
Ksyrup

I certainly do not condone it, but I'm not shedding a tear. I can't comment on how barbaric prison is, but I know for certain that prisoners are far less likely to be killed in a mass shooting than us "free" people, so they've got that going for them.
Old 07-11-2023, 02:03 PM   #25473
jcard
n00b

Quote:
Anyone else think Nobodyhere just created a new account just so he could agree with himself?

I assume you are kidding, since you can see that I created my (only) account two years ago.
jcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 03:00 PM   #25474
GrantDawg

My son passed his driver's test today. Does anyone want to buy half my liver to pay for his insurance?

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
Old 07-11-2023, 03:07 PM   #25475
Edward64
Head Coach

When our son was on our insurance (and now, daughter), it wasn't too painful.

I think the car model factors into the cost quite a bit.
Old 07-11-2023, 03:11 PM   #25476
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
My son passed his driver's test today. Does anyone want to buy half my liver to pay for his insurance?

My last son finally bought his own insurance now at 19. It's expensive, but he needed to take on that responsibility. Now that all 3 are off, our insurance has dropped from what was $3200/6 back to $1400/6. It's really, REALLY nice to be on the backside of that. I feel for you.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 03:46 PM   #25477
GrantDawg

Ours is going to pretty much triple as well. He graduates college next year and should go off ours then. All depends on where he ends up I guess. He wants to take a shot at a big tech company job (Google, Microsoft, Apple).

Old 07-11-2023, 04:00 PM   #25478
Ksyrup

My kids are still on mine. I'm paying through college - and for Caitlin, since she's doing her master's (and paying for it on her own) while working on a teacher's salary, I've agreed to pay some of her bills until she's fully done with school.
Old 07-11-2023, 04:27 PM   #25479
Edward64
Head Coach

Kids were added to ours also, and the cars were under our name.
Old 07-11-2023, 10:34 PM   #25480
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Going to see Oppenheimer opening weekend at one of the few 70mm IMAX theaters.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 07:59 AM   #25481
bob
College Starter

Looks like I’m going to have an unexpected free day on my own in Cincinnati this weekend. Anyone have a suggestion on how to spend it?
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 11:21 AM   #25482
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Okay, had some Modelo tonight. Glad I tried it but eh.
I remember enjoying some Anchor Steam years ago (think it was before craft beers took off). Sorry to see it go. May have to pickup a 6-pack for old times sake.

Quote:
The oldest craft brewery in the United States is shutting down after 127 years

Pour one out for Anchor Brewing: America’s oldest craft brewer is shutting down after 127 years in business.

Old 07-13-2023, 07:55 PM   #25483
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Can't believe some techbro won't just buy the brand and start up a new brewery.

Maybe FOFC should pool our cash and do it!
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 07:59 PM   #25484
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Other side of same coin, can't believe InBev didn't buy them at some point in those 100+ years.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 08:49 PM   #25485
Edward64
Head Coach

They're currently owned by Sapporo.

But yeah, you'd figure someone would want to buy them out.
Old 07-14-2023, 07:06 AM   #25486
Ksyrup

The worst thing about the Hollywood strike is having to hear Fran Drescher's voice again.
Old 07-14-2023, 08:15 AM   #25487
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Anyone else watch a Netflix murder documentary and have to pause it to do some internet research to make sure a family member wasn't involved?

Just me?

Last edited by Poli : 07-14-2023 at 08:15 AM.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2023, 11:57 AM   #25488
Ksyrup

On a possibly related note?

Gilgo Beach serial killings: Suspect is in custody, AP source says | AP News
Old 07-14-2023, 01:31 PM   #25489
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
Anyone else watch a Netflix murder documentary and have to pause it to do some internet research to make sure a family member wasn't involved?

Just me?
Not yet, but it wouldn't surprise me. My great-grandfather was shot by the Dekalb county sheriff looking for my outlaw great uncle. They believe my great uncle ran to Texas were who knows what happened. The closest we ever got was a woman that called my grandmother from Mississippi claiming to be his daughter.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 07-14-2023 at 01:41 PM.
Old 07-14-2023, 02:19 PM   #25490
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Not yet, but it wouldn't surprise me. My great-grandfather was shot by the Dekalb county sheriff looking for my outlaw great uncle. They believe my great uncle ran to Texas were who knows what happened. The closest we ever got was a woman that called my grandmother from Mississippi claiming to be his daughter.

That's pretty rad.

I ended up finding out some info about the uncles in my situation. My uncles were put in prison in the 80s for murder. Officials in OKC at the time were absolutely confident my uncles were also responsible for a murder there. A number of similarities and they could put them in the surrounding area during that time. Everyone thought they did it, but they claimed they were innocent. Never confessed. Never tried or convicted for it.

Turns out they got DNA tested through some evidence and were cleared...mind you some 10-15 years later.

Good news for the family, though. Ten years later, the man responsible was arrested on an unrelated charge. His DNA was collected and he popped for this cold case.
Old 07-14-2023, 02:20 PM   #25491
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I didn't know they had finally found the actual killer until I paused that show and went looking on the internet, though.
Old 07-14-2023, 02:54 PM   #25492
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

My Dad's Dad's side is super murky, but we don't know a lot about it since his Dad died when he (my Dad's Dad) was 20.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2023, 03:17 PM   #25493
GrantDawg

Wild, Poli. Crazy stuff.
Old 07-15-2023, 05:44 PM   #25494
cuervo72
Head Coach

Man, the nightly news broadcasts* sure are going hard on the angle that the SAG-AFTRA and WGA strikes are going to be catastrophic for the economy and all the little people.

* oh look all of these are run by the companies in AMPTP
Old 07-16-2023, 08:31 PM   #25495
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Am I the only one that JUST realized the NFL made the read option illegal? Granted maybe you could use Pistol Veer or a new formation and keep it relevant, but no forward handoffs is a massive change. Not really sure why it’s got no coverage?

Last edited by dubb93 : 07-16-2023 at 08:32 PM.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2023, 10:17 PM   #25496
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Am I the only one that JUST realized the NFL made the read option illegal? Granted maybe you could use Pistol Veer or a new formation and keep it relevant, but no forward handoffs is a massive change. Not really sure why it’s got no coverage?

I didn't know it.

Another (though less impact) rule I hadn't heard about was this change

To insert strength of victory as the second tiebreaker for awarding contracts, proposed by the Competition Committee
Rule change: This will allow teams for strength of victory to be the second tiebreaker for postseason seeding after the head-to-head tiebreaker. The second tiebreaker was previously conference record.
Old 07-16-2023, 10:48 PM   #25497
Edward64
Head Coach

I don't do ribs but pleasantly surprised myself today.

Defrost, marinate, 2 hours @300 degrees in oven covered with foil, another 15 min without foil. It was decent, not fall off the bone tender but tender enough.

Will have to experiment more.
Old 07-17-2023, 06:51 AM   #25498
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I don't do ribs but pleasantly surprised myself today.

Defrost, marinate, 2 hours @300 degrees in oven covered with foil, another 15 min without foil. It was decent, not fall off the bone tender but tender enough.

Will have to experiment more.

That is pretty similar to how we make them. After the foil we transfer to the grill with BBQ sauce; maybe 5 minutes per side
Old 07-17-2023, 08:43 AM   #25499
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

The FOFC Top 20!
Yes some people talk a lot

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 07-17-2023 at 08:44 AM.
Old 07-17-2023, 09:39 AM   #25500
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I'm almost thinking there should be a FOFC 25th Anniversary Convention or something in 2025.