Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-29-2011, 09:58 AM   #2951
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Just a little over two weeks (Feb 14) until pitchers and catchers report for many teams!

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 11:14 AM   #2952
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Just gave my kid eggs for the first time and he seemed to have a slight allergic reaction to them. this sucks, i really like eggs.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 11:37 AM   #2953
Passacaglia
Coordinator

More for you, I guess?

How could you tell it was an allergic reaction and not just that he was getting used to them?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 12:14 PM   #2954
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
More for you, I guess?

How could you tell it was an allergic reaction and not just that he was getting used to them?

He was really liking them until we realized his mouth was getting all red and blotchy so we stopped giving them to him at once. He has all the signs of an allergy, puking, redness, coughing, rubbing eyes. We called the Dr and are waiting to see what they say, but he already seems to be past it
Old 01-29-2011, 04:03 PM   #2955
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Well, staying on the food kick, I tried out a new burger/fries chain that opened up in my town.. Five Guys Burgers and Fries..

After a Bacon Cheeseburger and cajun fries, I feel like I need to take a nap. Pass/Fail?
Old 01-29-2011, 04:08 PM   #2956
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Five Guys is blowing up. I remember having that in DC on a connection flight and loving it. Came home, told some friends and nobody had really ever heard of it. Fast forward a few years and now everybody has had it.

It's good stuff.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 05:52 PM   #2957
PilotMan
Head Coach

mmmmmmmmm. love those burgers.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 07:26 PM   #2958
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

I have just learned that for a couple more days, it is National Bathtub Safety Month. I would also like to point out that in November, I slipped in my shower and made my herniated disc worse. I would also like to point out that I still have yet to put down either the rubber ducky "stickers" my sister got for me or a bath mat, even though I had my surgery 3 weeks ago.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 07:56 PM   #2959
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
TMZ's reach is amazing. Jesse James' ex, Janine Lindemulder, was arrested in Dripping Springs, TX yesterday on harassment complaints. There is a pic on their site of her truck getting towed away. That was about 5 miles from my house. Amazing that they were able to respond that quickly and snap the pics.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 10:27 PM   #2960
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
Five Guys is blowing up. I remember having that in DC on a connection flight and loving it. Came home, told some friends and nobody had really ever heard of it. Fast forward a few years and now everybody has had it.

It's good stuff.

Five Guys has reached the west coast with a couple in LA County, and I believe now one in San Diego.

Old 01-30-2011, 02:31 AM   #2961
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Just a little over two weeks (Feb 14) until pitchers and catchers report for many teams!

SI

This is probably a reference to baseball. However, it could also be about the fact that gay men also celebrate Valentine's Day.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:57 AM   #2962
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalBumCover View Post
Five Guys has reached the west coast with a couple in LA County, and I believe now one in San Diego.

We just got one here in Bellingham. We tried it and it was fairly good, although I was expecting to be blown away, but it was still good. Really overly-greasy, but good. The fries were excellent though.
Old 01-30-2011, 03:02 AM   #2963
RainMaker
General Manager

Police respond after A.C. Slater's photo smashed in bar - chicagotribune.com#
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:26 AM   #2964
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
I have just learned that for a couple more days, it is National Bathtub Safety Month. I would also like to point out that in November, I slipped in my shower and made my herniated disc worse. I would also like to point out that I still have yet to put down either the rubber ducky "stickers" my sister got for me or a bath mat, even though I had my surgery 3 weeks ago.

/tk

After I posted this I felt guilty and put down the rubber ducky stickers. I also changed my shower curtain hooks to be duck themed (also a gift from my sister).

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:24 AM   #2965
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Park this outside your house and you're all set:

SI

Old 01-30-2011, 08:02 PM   #2966
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

So.. fired up Arkham Aslyum for the Xbox to finally play it. I soon came to the realization that Heath Ledger has destroyed any past depiction of the Joker. The cartoon/comic version of the Joker is almost like nails on a blackboard now.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...

Last edited by Mustang : 01-30-2011 at 08:02 PM.
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:24 PM   #2967
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah, watched Dark Knight again today. Heath Ledger truly was amazing in it. Right down to the way he moved.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:28 PM   #2968
fpres
High School JV

Since there are a few chess players here...

Hikaru Nakamura just won the very prestigious Tata Steel tournament (formerly known as Corus or Wijk Aan Zee), giving the United States perhaps it's most impressive international tournament victory since the days of Bobby Fischer. There was top-notch competition there as usual, including the World Champion as well as the world's top four rated players.
fpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:28 PM   #2969
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
Yeah, watched Brokeback Mountain again today. Heath Ledger truly was amazing in it. Right down to the way he moved.

Fixed that for ya.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:33 PM   #2970
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Best portrayal of a power bottom ever.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:39 PM   #2971
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpres View Post
Since there are a few chess players here...

Hikaru Nakamura just won the very prestigious Tata Steel tournament (formerly known as Corus or Wijk Aan Zee), giving the United States perhaps it's most impressive international tournament victory since the days of Bobby Fischer. There was top-notch competition there as usual, including the World Champion as well as the world's top four rated players.

The Baltimore Ravens safety?
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:49 PM   #2972
stevew
Hall Of Famer

wow, that's crazy how his first name is made of the same letters too.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 09:25 PM   #2973
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Didn't see this anywhere around here.

Guy walks into a Detroit Police Precinct & starts a shootout. It's also come out that he had abducted a 13 year old girl & raped her repeatedly while holding her as a sex slave for over a week. He left to go do this.

Thank God the cops are ok, and the 13 year old (she'll live at least... don't know about the mental part of it.)
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:53 PM   #2974
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
The Baltimore Ravens safety?
The guy from Heroes?
Old 01-31-2011, 09:55 AM   #2975
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Why the hell have I never had a Take 5 bar until just a few days ago?
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 01-31-2011, 10:31 AM   #2976
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I don't know but I find the mini Halloween-sized ones particularly tasty

SI

Old 01-31-2011, 10:42 AM   #2977
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
I don't know but I find the mini Halloween-sized ones particularly tasty

SI

That is the size that I had. (rare for me to eat a normal sized candy bar)
Old 01-31-2011, 11:37 AM   #2978
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

After a visit to CVS to get cold meds, I'm wondering when they just say fuckit and put every over the counter drug behind the pharmacy window. When half your shelves are filled with little notes saying 'available at the pharmacy', something is seriously wrong.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 01:23 PM   #2979
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
After a visit to CVS to get cold meds, I'm wondering when they just say fuckit and put every over the counter drug behind the pharmacy window. When half your shelves are filled with little notes saying 'available at the pharmacy', something is seriously wrong.

I blame high school chemistry teachers
Old 01-31-2011, 01:53 PM   #2980
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

There's a bill in the KY legislature that would require a prescription for over the counter medicine because something in the cold medicine is used to make meth and KY has a huge meth problem.

I'm sure doctors would love to charge everyone for an office visit just to confirm that you do, indeed, have the sniffles, so here's your prescription for DayQuil.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 02:07 PM   #2981
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
There's a bill in the KY legislature that would require a prescription for over the counter medicine because something in the cold medicine is used to make meth and KY has a huge meth problem.

I'm sure doctors would love to charge everyone for an office visit just to confirm that you do, indeed, have the sniffles, so here's your prescription for DayQuil.

Everyone knows KY doesn't have a real meth problem, its just a lie being perpetrated by the liberal creators of Justified (see also re: The Wire, Baltimore Crime Beat: "Wire" creator responds to top cop's criticism - Baltimore crime news: Police, courts and police stories in the city and central Maryland - baltimoresun.com)
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 02:17 PM   #2982
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
KY legislature

Appropriate abbreviation for alot of legislature.
Old 01-31-2011, 04:04 PM   #2983
Schmidty
Coordinator

We have to check with the pharmacist and fill out some paperwork before buying any kind of OTC cough/sinus medicine here in WA. It's been that way as long as I can remember being here ('04). We don't need an actual prescription, so I guess it's a little different; however, the process probably scares off a few people looking to use the meds to make drugs, so I don't mind.

I would be annoyed if it took an actual visit to the doctor just to get some Sudafed when I'm stuffy. $7 - $10 for the medicine, plus $15 co-pay would suck. At the same time, if it takes me spending $25 for sinus relief, but the proliferation of meth heads and the crime they create in the area decreases, it's ok with me.
Old 01-31-2011, 04:06 PM   #2984
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Well, from my perspective, most of the news I see every night about meth labs usually is due to them blowing themselves up in some trailer or dilapidated home, so I'm kinda for the status quo.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 04:20 PM   #2985
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
At the same time, if it takes me spending $25 for sinus relief, but the proliferation of meth heads and the crime they create in the area decreases, it's ok with me.

Screw that. I don't want to nor need to go to the doctor for a cold nor do I want doctors to have to spend time doing that. Want me to show a drivers license or track the purchase, I can deal with that. Taxing doctors to see someone over the sniffles to write a Nyquil script? A little too much.
Old 01-31-2011, 04:40 PM   #2986
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I would be annoyed if it took an actual visit to the doctor just to get some Sudafed when I'm stuffy. $7 - $10 for the medicine, plus $15 co-pay would suck.

And God only knows how much for the office visit for those who don't have insurance. Or even a higher co-pay for that matter.

With at least 1 BILLION colds in the U.S. each year, already providing the most common reason for absences from both work & school (according to the NIH),the cost in either reduced productivity or cost/strain on the health care system seems not only excessive but downright ludicrous to me ... and that's coming from a guy who has very little problem regulating damned near any substance known to man.
Old 01-31-2011, 04:48 PM   #2987
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I'm not an expert at chemistry yet, but I figure they will just continue to reformulate and stay one step ahead of whatever substances are banned.

Anyways, I don't see why anyone bothers to do something like Meth when an abundance of readily available government-paid-for medicines are available from your local neighborhood deadbeat.

I know that Oxycontin, etc are extremely effective for treatment of pain. However we should probably focus more energy on that sort of thing vs restricting the ability of good people to get cold medicine.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 05:00 PM   #2988
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
Screw that. I don't want to nor need to go to the doctor for a cold nor do I want doctors to have to spend time doing that. Want me to show a drivers license or track the purchase, I can deal with that. Taxing doctors to see someone over the sniffles to write a Nyquil script? A little too much.

Yeah, I agree. It's a little inconvenient to do the ID/paperwork song-and-dance, but if it does anything at all to help, I'm all for it - especially since we don't have to have a script yet.

Quote:
Well, from my perspective, most of the news I see every night about meth labs usually is due to them blowing themselves up in some trailer or dilapidated home, so I'm kinda for the status quo.

That's understandable. I guess Breaking Bad has given me a bit of a soft-spot for meth labs, so I'd prefer them to not start up at all, as opposed to burning down after they do.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:21 PM   #2989
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

[quote]
Quote:
We have to check with the pharmacist and fill out some paperwork before buying any kind of OTC cough/sinus medicine here in WA. It's been that way as long as I can remember being here ('04). We don't need an actual prescription, so I guess it's a little different; however, the process probably scares off a few people looking to use the meds to make drugs, so I don't mind.

QUOTE]
I have never had to do this in the 3 years I have lived here.

Last edited by Lathum : 01-31-2011 at 05:21 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:01 PM   #2990
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

BBC Sport - Ski Sunday - Ski Sunday pair taste Crashed Ice in Munich

The latest sport, combining skier/boarder cross, and ice skating. I'm sure we'll see it in the X-games in the near future
Old 01-31-2011, 06:01 PM   #2991
Schmidty
Coordinator

[quote=Lathum;2417546]
Quote:
I have never had to do this in the 3 years I have lived here.

Weird. I've never looked up the actual law, but in this county at least, we have to do that for anything that has a decongestant in it. Maybe it's just a Whatcom county thing, I don't know. Our town is 20 minutes from the border, and has a high drug trafficking volume. Most of it is just "BC Bud", but a lot of users of harder stuff tend to congregate here too.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:10 AM   #2992
Schmidty
Coordinator

Spock directed 3 Men and a Baby????? My head almost exploded!!

Now I just looked, and Spock is going to be be the voice of Smaug?????

KAPLOOOEEEEYYY!!!!!
Old 02-01-2011, 10:30 AM   #2993
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

The answer is YES!
Quote:
Scientists have finally shredded the old saw about money and happiness. Apparently, money can purchase a whole lot of happiness.

After poring over data from 140 countries, researchers from The Wharton School concluded that the more money you have, the more satisfied you are with life – and that relationship holds true whether you are a citizen of the United States or of Burundi. As it turns out, the happiness effect isn’t relative; it’s based on a person’s absolute income.

What that means is that your happiness is very dependent on the economic prosperity of the country in which you live. As a general rule, the wealthier a nation is, the happier its citizens are.

Intuitively that makes a lot of sense, says study co-author Justin Wolfers, an associate professor of business and public policy at The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. Being from a developed country means we have a much easier life.

“We don’t have to worry as much about our kids dying,” he explains. “We’re rarely in pain. We don’t have to earn a living through manual labor.”

All of this makes perfect sense to Emanuel Maidenberg, an associate clinical professor of psychiatry at the University of California, Los Angeles. “Satisfaction increases when you feel you have more control over your life,” Maidenberg says. “And you have more control over your life if you have more financial resources.”

Earlier studies on money and happiness suggested that people were concerned only with the wealth of their next door neighbors. So, if you were keeping up with – or better yet, surpassing – the Jones’s you were fine. By that logic, people in impoverished countries could be happy if they were just a little bit better off than those around them.

That conclusion was very appealing to people from prosperous nations, Wolfers says. “If you start thinking about the human misery in the poorest countries in the world, that’s incredibly depressing,” he explains. “The older research said that people got used to their poverty and so you didn’t have to feel bad as you drove down the road in your BMW.”

Wolfers and his colleagues also looked at changes in happiness over time. They found that, as a general rule, citizens of countries that were experiencing economic growth tended to become happier with time. But not in the United States.

Wolfers explains: “That may be because all the income growth went to the very rich,” he explains. “So only a small number of people got richer.”

This might be a good reason for nations to make sure they share the wealth. Perhaps if the standard of living in Egypt and Tunisia were higher, things would be quieter there.

Wolfers data doesn’t answer that particular question. But it might make an interesting line of research for the future, he says.
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:47 AM   #2994
flounder
High School Varsity

Quote:

Weird. I've never looked up the actual law, but in this county at least, we have to do that for anything that has a decongestant in it. Maybe it's just a Whatcom county thing, I don't know. Our town is 20 minutes from the border, and has a high drug trafficking volume. Most of it is just "BC Bud", but a lot of users of harder stuff tend to congregate here too.

You have to do it for anything that has pseudoephedrine in it. You can buy other decongestants without registering; unfortunately, they don't work. This is nationwide I believe.
flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:56 AM   #2995
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Spock directed 3 Men and a Baby????? My head almost exploded!!

Now I just looked, and Spock is going to be be the voice of Smaug?????

KAPLOOOEEEEYYY!!!!!

Old 02-01-2011, 12:16 PM   #2996
wade moore
lolzcat

Every time I see "lighthousekeeper" post I chuckle...

There is a commercial on local radio here for "Comfort Keepers". It's a service for like the elderly where they come in, help you with food, getting your medicines together, etc.

Well, every time in the commercial they say they do "light housekeeping"... But the way the announcer says it always sounds like "lighthouse keeping".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 04:37 PM   #2997
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

ATDHE got seized by the feds. Oops.

Channelsurfing.net too.

U.S. Resume Controversial File-Sharing Domain Seizures

Last edited by Young Drachma : 02-01-2011 at 04:39 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 04:41 PM   #2998
MJ4H
Coordinator

And is already up elsewhere. Update your bookmarks.

atdhe.me
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 05:04 PM   #2999
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

so what does this mean for channelsurfing? I use that alot.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:24 PM   #3000
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4H View Post
And is already up elsewhere. Update your bookmarks.

atdhe.me
lol