Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-03-2006, 09:37 PM   #1
tarcone
Coordinator

#$##^$% Bank of America

My wife pays bill online using B of As online bill paying service. previously, she would pay early ( we get paid the 1st and 15th, so she paid before these dates) and nevewr had a problem because she pressed the payment goes out on a day after direct depisut happens, on the calendar. well, this month, she pays on the 31st and hits the calendar for feb 2. sure enough the money goes out on the 1st before our direct deposit hits the bank. all of the sudden we have $170 in overdrafts. OUCH.
So i call my local branch and she says you have to call the online banking number....uh-oh. I call on my lunch/plan time (i have from 11:02 to 12:32). i call the 800 number and am on hold for 15 minutes. finally get a person who dirests me to a bill paying person who gives me a differdtn story then my wifes (went out on the 30th with paynment on the 31st).
BAH, have to believe my wife. so the girl directs me to a customer service person who i tell my story to and i even admit that it was a shared mistake. she says i can do nothing because it wasnt a bank error (WHAT?). I ask for a supervisor and finally i get one. she seems simpathetic and even more so after we both talk to a bill payment person again and the error seems that it could be theirs. she says thanks to the girl and hangs up....ON ME!
ok it is now 11:55, so i have to call back. im hold another 15-20 minutes. i get a supervisor. she hears my story and offers to credit 4 of the 5 overdrafts but not the 5th because that would mean it was a bank error. so pf course i take that to save even more overdrafts due to outstanding bills.
I hate big banks. they are all about business and high interest rqates.
BAH!!!!

tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 09:40 PM   #2
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Sorry to hear about the trouble.

On a different topic, what happened when you took back the entertainment center?
Old 02-03-2006, 09:48 PM   #3
tarcone
Coordinator

LOL...the company is sending me the parts that are broken to rebuild it....man thats going to suck.....but i guess its bette then nothing
Old 02-03-2006, 09:49 PM   #4
Lorena
Unregistered

B o fA screwed Antmeister and I big time when we first started dating. They accused us of "kiting" (writing a check before a deposit is made) and they froze ALL our accounts. Bunch of shitheads.

We've been banking with Wells Fargo ever since and haven't regretted the switch.

Sorry to hear that tarcone, I hate having to deal with crap like that.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 09:54 PM   #5
dervack
College Prospect

I pretty much hate all banks.
dervack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 09:55 PM   #6
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone
LOL...the company is sending me the parts that are broken to rebuild it....man thats going to suck.....but i guess its bette then nothing

Yea', I was looking for info on exactly how that conversation went? I'm pretty sure I don't think I could have explained that to a stranger without losing a heck of a lot of my dignity.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:01 PM   #7
tarcone
Coordinator

When i first moved to St Louis (1992) i used boatmens bank. i came from an avg sized iowa town where everyone in the bank knew me and my family. boatmens screwed me over and i swore off them when i went to a credit union. my wife was fed up with the credit union because lack of atms near where we lived and switched her account to B pf A. about 3 weeks ago i find out boatmens is now B of A after several buy outs.....I hate Banks also
Old 02-03-2006, 11:08 PM   #8
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick
B o fA screwed Antmeister and I big time when we first started dating. They accused us of "kiting" (writing a check before a deposit is made) and they froze ALL our accounts. Bunch of shitheads.

Just out of curiousity, when did this happen?
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 01:57 AM   #9
Loren
High School JV

I love bank of america, never had a problem with them, when we had some moron going around town using a copy of our card to charge gas to they were very helpful and credited us the money right away, whenever ive actually made a mistake in paying my credit card a day late through the online account they always deduct my late fee for me, and ive never once had to hold for more than 3 minutes when ive called them, and thats probably the longest time ever and maybe happened once:S Pay all our bills through them, never had a problem with them going out any other day but the one id choose it for...if she set it for the 2nd and it went out on the 1st, wouldnt it BE a bank error and show that that happened on the confirmation info online?:S maybe i misunderstood though..
Old 02-04-2006, 02:23 AM   #10
Blade6119
Coordinator

Lol, i work for bank of america and i hate them
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 03:35 AM   #11
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan

The year was 1995.
Old 02-04-2006, 04:30 AM   #12
stevew
Hall Of Famer

2 weeks before Christmas, my wife neglects to tell me that she agreed to make a "catch up" payment on a student loan that she was behind on. We proceed to use most all of her check on friday for christmas presents, I get paid on Monday and am gonna take care of the utilities, etc.

Well, the "suprise"(to me)student loan payment goes through on monday early morning, and it causes a massive chain reaction on my checking account. I check my statement online, and notice that the bank has conveniently re-ordered all of the transactions so that the biggest ones go through first(not in the actual order they happened).

Instead of just bouncing that student loan payment(which I paid for on monday) they bounce all these small transactions that were made before it. When I checked the balance online on my account on saturday, I had about 40 dollars in it, as all the ATM Visa transactions had posted from our shopping. Basically they stole over 200 dollars from me in bullshit insufficient funds fees(@35 bucks a pop), because their system likes to reorder transactions so that they can charge the absolute maximum amount of fees possible if your account goes below zero. When I talked to someone at the bank, they smiled about it, and basically said that there was nothing they could do about it.

Last edited by stevew : 02-04-2006 at 04:35 AM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 07:30 AM   #13
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

We had nothing but bad experiences with Bank of America. This has no scientific basis, of course, but my understanding seems to be that they are nice to big business/high rollers and really awful to smaller accounts. I wouldn't send any business their way.

Last edited by Tekneek : 02-04-2006 at 07:31 AM.
Tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 10:17 AM   #14
Rizon
Pro Starter

Bank of America is the only bank I've never had a problem with, personal or business. Washington Mutual and Citibank have been the worst for me. They've been so bad that companies I've worked for have moved accounts from them.

My wife also uses BofA and a bill paying service (that is not BofA). She made a mistake on paying one of her bills, typing in $100 instead of $10, which caused an overdraft and a bunch of overdraft fees. She called the bill paying service and they corrected the charge. BofA then removed the overdraft fees even though it was my wife's fault.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 11:36 AM   #15
st.cronin
General Manager

B o A is a horrshow. I would never, ever bank with them after what they tried to do to us last summer.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 12:20 PM   #16
Vince
Pro Starter

I've heard so many terrible reviews about Bank of America, it's tempted me to switch. But I've been with B of A for over ten years now, and have never had a problem.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 01:35 PM   #17
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan

It happened in 1995 sometime
Old 02-04-2006, 01:47 PM   #18
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Maybe i'm the only one, but never in my life have I had a bank issue that wasn't entirely my own fault.

I think in general people simply don't want to admit when they've fucked up.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 01:53 PM   #19
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
B o A is a horrshow. I would never, ever bank with them after what they tried to do to us last summer.

So what did they do you guys?
Old 02-04-2006, 01:55 PM   #20
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000
Maybe i'm the only one, but never in my life have I had a bank issue that wasn't entirely my own fault.

I think in general people simply don't want to admit when they've fucked up.

I opened a bank account with b of a which turned out to have over 150 dollars worth of monthly fees that were not documented anywhere. I don't think that was my fault.

knives out
Old 02-04-2006, 02:00 PM   #21
KJDelaney
High School JV

Wow,

I have been banking at B of A for around 10 years, with no issue at all.
KJDelaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 02:01 PM   #22
st.cronin
General Manager

My favorite bank issue I have is with US bank. I have been unsuccesfully trying to close a savings account with them for over three years. I still get statements with a 0.00 balance, every month.

knives out
Old 02-04-2006, 02:02 PM   #23
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
I opened a bank account with b of a which turned out to have over 150 dollars worth of monthly fees that were not documented anywhere. I don't think that was my fault.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, I'm just saying two things:

#1 - I have been lucky. I haven't been screwed by either of my 2 banks (1 past, 1 present) at any point.

#2 - Almost every single time anyone has ever bitched to me about some problem with their bank, when you get them to give you the whole story, it's clearly their fault. I'd say this is about 95% of the time. Most problems revolve around people not being able to comprehend deposits not being available immediately. This includes when I worked at a bank. Most people just simply cannot understand how things work, regardless of how many times it's been explained to them.

Yes, I do understand banks fuck up though, and from what I've heard Bank of America has a reputation as possibly the worst major bank out there right now. The head of Commerce Bank cited them as the place most their new customers were coming from.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 02:06 PM   #24
digamma
Torchbearer

I used B of A during law school. When I graduated, my firm had a deal with Citi, so I moved over there. I bled my B of A balance down to 0 (or close to it). I tried to withdraw the remaining cash from the account from an ATM (probably a bad idea). Turns out, I misjudged the amount I had left in the account. B of A was kind enough to let me withdraw the amount I wanted...and slap me with an overdraft charge immediately thereafter.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 02:28 PM   #25
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick

We've been banking with Wells Fargo ever since and haven't regretted the switch.

BoA fucked the shit out of me back in the late nineties. When I moved to Denton I switched to a smaller, local bank which was soon bought out by Wells Fargo. haven't had a single complaint with my banking ever since I left BoA...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 02:45 PM   #26
dervack
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma
I used B of A during law school. When I graduated, my firm had a deal with Citi, so I moved over there. I bled my B of A balance down to 0 (or close to it). I tried to withdraw the remaining cash from the account from an ATM (probably a bad idea). Turns out, I misjudged the amount I had left in the account. B of A was kind enough to let me withdraw the amount I wanted...and slap me with an overdraft charge immediately thereafter.
That always make me laugh. If withdrawing 20 dollars would leave me a dollar in the hole, why would they let you withdraw it? Why wouldn't they just say insuffiecent funds? Just so they could get another 30 out of you?
Old 02-04-2006, 03:21 PM   #27
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dervack
That always make me laugh. If withdrawing 20 dollars would leave me a dollar in the hole, why would they let you withdraw it? Why wouldn't they just say insuffiecent funds? Just so they could get another 30 out of you?

Pretty much.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 05:14 PM   #28
KJDelaney
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by dervack

Well, if you knew you were going to be overdrawn, why did you withdraw in the first place.

The problem may not be with B of A.
Old 02-04-2006, 05:24 PM   #29
dervack
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJDelaney
Well, if you knew you were going to be overdrawn, why did you withdraw in the first place.

The problem may not be with B of A.
Uh, I did say I hate all banks. That's just one of the reasons why. It seems silly to me that they would allow you to withdraw from your account more than you have from an ATM, and then charge you a 30 fee, when if you go to the teller, ask to withdraw 20 when your account has 19, they will say no.
Old 02-04-2006, 08:31 PM   #30
KJDelaney
High School JV

Oh, ok.

The problem then is not with banks.

I'm just implying that maybe you should know, or have a pretty good idea, how much is in your account.

Example,

Let's say that you have $19 in your account. And you need $20.

Step away from the ATM
Put ATM card back in wallet
Go home.

OR

Step away from ATM
Go into bank
Withdraw anything less than $19

Maybe it's me. Seems simple enough.

If bank makes mistake, bank fixes. That is what I have seen in the 25 years or so that I have had a checking account.
Old 02-04-2006, 09:18 PM   #31
clintl
College Starter

I got fed with banks many years ago, not because of any big screw-ups but because they charged too much for service. I have been very happy as a credit union customer. Most credit unions belong to a network that allows you to use other credit unions' ATMs without a fee, and at least where I live, there are plenty of credit unions around. So there's no inconvenience at all. I really don't see why anyone who can choose a credit union instead opts to do business with a bank.
clintl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 09:32 PM   #32
Flasch186
Coordinator

some banks have whats called the matrix that they say, allows you to overdraw as a courtesy, ESPECIALLY when using a debit card, "because there may be holds out there that aren't accurate anymore." I said, "I dont want it, take it off." they said that they couldnt.....thanks.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 10:45 PM   #33
KJDelaney
High School JV

I agree with the fees et such.

I know when my wife and I got married, we opened our account at B of A and they wanted us to maintain at least $800 in checking, without acruing fees.
Old 02-05-2006, 12:00 PM   #34
robbgmaier
College Prospect

I deal with CentraBank here in morgantown. they are a local outfit but seem to be putting up branches like weeds. They are just about perfect from my point of view. They have all the online stuff which I don't use, and they have no fees for anything. High balance low balance no matter.

So, everyone that's up switch to CentraBank and tell them Rob sent you, maybe they will give me a free toaster.
robbgmaier is offline   Reply With Quote