Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-13-2010, 02:21 PM   #551
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I've been thinking.

To me, the fact that nobody has come out as the Vengeful God makes me suspect that role belongs to a wolf. If I had it as a villager I would have broadcasted the hell out of it.

So, I've used my role. What's stopping me from making consecutive votes on everyone and seeing who blows me up?

Interested to hear thoughts on this before I decide to try it or not.

My first thought is that you are doing the wolves a favor by not making them come kill you. I would like having you around later in the game as a villager; you make good decisions when there is potentially actionable info on the table.

I'm inclined to agree with the Vengeful God thing; that it is pro-village to share that info early. But if it was someone besides you/Lathum looking for this info, I would be suspicious that it is a wolf trying to flush out a role that is dangerous for them. That is still on the table for you two, but I'm probably 85-90% sure you guys are both villagers.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 02:22 PM   #552
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
I've been thinking.

To me, the fact that nobody has come out as the Vengeful God makes me suspect that role belongs to a wolf. If I had it as a villager I would have broadcasted the hell out of it.

So, I've used my role. What's stopping me from making consecutive votes on everyone and seeing who blows me up?

I suppose it prevents us from losing the seer accidentally, but costs us a villager. It would be a great move if the seer hasn't scanned you yet as it would clear Lathum as well. If they are a wolf they'll probably reveal to avoid the axe, but we at least take away that danger. Or they pretend they didn't know anything about it, let you die and then reveal.

I'm not sure, depends how scared we are about the role. It would make sense to insist that player reveal though I think. There's just too slim a chance of catching a wolf with it.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 02:23 PM   #553
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Before I tried this I'd have to be 100% sure that the vengeful god was a wolf.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 02:24 PM   #554
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
hmmmm...cleared by stupidity....not sure how to take that except that the werewolves will probably gank me now. Thanks a lot

I've cleared for more stupid stuff than this Seriously, we all get to figure out why we want to trust above/below the norm for everyone, and my argument here may not hold sway with others. Or with me much later in the game. But it is good enough for today.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:26 PM   #555
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I will look at PB being bad next, so nobody get their panties in a bunch please.

*irons his panties*

There are still lots of silence from people. Almost makes me thin that the best strategy as a wolf is to say nothing and let the fish eat each other.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 02:27 PM   #556
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
(346) – Autumn votes Kwhit (Kwhit 4, CrimsonFox 3, PurdueBrad 3, EagleFan 2, J23 1, dubb93 1, saldana 1)
(349) – Kwhit votes saldana (Kwhit 4, CrimsonFox 3, PurdueBrad 3, EagleFan 2, saldana 2, J23 1, dubb93 1)
(350) – PurdueBrad unvotes CrimsonFox (Kwhit 4, PurdueBrad 3, CrimsonFox 2, EagleFan 2, saldana 2, J23 1, dubb93 1)
(361) – CrimsonFox unvotes PurdueBrad, votes saldana (Kwhit 4, saldana 3, PurdueBrad 2, CrimsonFox 2, EagleFan 2, J23 1, dubb93 1)
(363) – PurdueBrad votes J23 (Kwhit 4, saldana 3, PurdueBrad 2, CrimsonFox 2, EagleFan 2, J23 2, dubb93 1)
(366) – path12 votes J23 (Kwhit 4, saldana 3, J23 3, PurdueBrad 2, CrimsonFox 2, EagleFan 2, dubb93 1)
(368) – RealDeal unvotes EagleFan, votes PurdueBrad (Kwhit 4, saldana 3, J23 3, PurdueBrad 3, CrimsonFox 2, EagleFan 1, dubb93 1)
(384) – Lathum unvotes CrimsonFox, votes PurdueBrad (Kwhit 4, PurdueBrad 4, saldana 3, J23 3, CrimsonFox 1, EagleFan 1, dubb93 1)
(386) – Schmidty votes Kwhit (Kwhit 5, PurdueBrad 4, saldana 3, J23 3, CrimsonFox 1, EagleFan 1, dubb93 1)
(399) – PurdueBrad unvotes J23, votes Kwhit (Kwhit 6, PurdueBrad 4, saldana 3, J23 2, CrimsonFox 1, EagleFan 1, dubb93 1)
(402) – Kwhit unvotes saldana, votes PurdueBrad (Kwhit 6, PurdueBrad 5, saldana 2, J23 2, CrimsonFox 1, EagleFan 1, dubb93 1)

Looking at it again, let's assume PB was bad. If so it was a litlte bit ballsy to unvote CF at the beginning of this section. He goes J23 instead, and Path helps make that a viable option. CF backs off of PB, which makes it seem he's in the clear. PB then gets two sudden votes and is right up on top. Schmidty saves PB's bacon and then PB moves his vote to KWhit and pads that out.

When it was 4-4, Kwhit and PB still had their votes to move, so would cancel each other out. PB had to depend on others then. If he was bad, Schmidty obviously would be the guy to look at next.

There's nothing as odd in this stretch of voting if you imagine PB is bad. NOT THAT THAT NECESSARILY MEANS ANYTHING.

I kind of get a better feeling about PB after reading that, just because of the move to unvote CF. He had no idea I or anyone else would follow on J23 (though I did say I had suspicions of a group he was part of). I think the wolfier thing would be to try and cement the vote on CF.

Unless CF is bad as well. But even then the sequence is kind of funky.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:28 PM   #557
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
*irons his panties*

There are still lots of silence from people. Almost makes me thin that the best strategy as a wolf is to say nothing and let the fish eat each other.

This is something that I (and several others) have lamented over the years. It has also spawned, at different times, a "lynch the quiet ones!" philosophy that is kind of harsh but is intended to drive people to post in the thread more.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:30 PM   #558
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Before I tried this I'd have to be 100% sure that the vengeful god was a wolf.

Can you think of a reason that role wouldn't reveal as a villager? Only thing I can think of is in order to try and lure wolves onto them to vote, but that's a pretty big stretch IMO.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:31 PM   #559
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
I kind of get a better feeling about PB after reading that, just because of the move to unvote CF. He had no idea I or anyone else would follow on J23 (though I did say I had suspicions of a group he was part of). I think the wolfier thing would be to try and cement the vote on CF.

Yeah, both the main candidates made moves that werne't in their best interest if just trying to get out of a vote. Unless they were both bad, which is in the realm of possibility. I'm inclined to think that we should hope the seer checks these guys out, as I hate to vote on the assumption that we had a group of 2-3 wolves in the running yesterday.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:31 PM   #560
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I will look at PB being bad next, so nobody get their panties in a bunch please.

Nobody told me we were required to wear underwear, so technically my panties are just in a bunch on the bedroom floor.

Actually, I like Autumn's analysis. It in no way clears me, but looking at my play, I feel very comfortable that most will see it for what it was. If Hoops wants to continue to push for yesterday's candidates so be it, lynchings smile at us all, sometimes all we can do is smile back.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 02:32 PM   #561
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Can you think of a reason that role wouldn't reveal as a villager? Only thing I can think of is in order to try and lure wolves onto them to vote, but that's a pretty big stretch IMO.

I think players like going for the big play. So I could imagine a villager holding mum just because it would be "awesome" to catch a wolf this way. I agree it's not a good play, but we've seen similar ones.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:33 PM   #562
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

Disagree with this one a bit. You had indicated that you suspected the voters on PB. There was a reasonable expectation that you would follow him to whatever one he picked and then he can see where the chips fall after that.

FWIW, right now I think that J23 was the right candidate of the three - me, CF, or J23 - to pick for moving the vote. But he wasn't going to vote for me because he had done it yesterday so he was picking between two candidates. And you had already indicated that you were looking for an alternate candidate than CF, as you had already voted/unvoted him.

I think he made the play he thought was best to bring you along that put him at the least amount of risk. I actually think this was pretty wolfy when I read it.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:35 PM   #563
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
This is something that I (and several others) have lamented over the years. It has also spawned, at different times, a "lynch the quiet ones!" philosophy that is kind of harsh but is intended to drive people to post in the thread more.

It's a totally valid strategy in the RL game for sure. If they don't help at all and don't talk at all then they are a hindrance, whether a wolf or not.
Taking them out early is very good practice. If we're going to end up lynching a villager anyway may as well be an unhelpful one.

Which means henry, ntn, jackal, EF, and anyone else I've already forgot....PLEASE SAY SOMETHING!
Old 01-13-2010, 02:35 PM   #564
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

He also had already voted CF earlier that day and could have feared the Vengeful God role. It seems to be affecting a lot of our voting (I know I'm more gunshy because of it). That also may be the reason people haven't gone back to the candidates from earlier days.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 02:35 PM   #565
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
*irons his panties*

Votes tell, eventually. But this is also why people like Autumn are so valuable, whether or not you think it makes them suspicious. I don't always get where he's coming from, but if I'm down to a choice between who is active and someone who isn't I'll almost always go for the latter. Unless I'm a wolf. Or trying not to be predictable. Or something else.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:36 PM   #566
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm thinking it's the wisest time to reveal, since I'm the leading vote getter right now. I am the Vampire, which is a good role, but unfortunately one that is probably impossible to demonstrably prove. I'd be happy to trade myself for a wolf if they want to counter reveal though. So I will reveal early enough in the day that no one can say they didn't have time, and so that people can move their votes in a rational fashion.

I wanted to hang on as long as I could before revealing, but no sense ruining a day of voting just to demonstrate that some people thought I was a wolf.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:40 PM   #567
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Disagree with this one a bit. You had indicated that you suspected the voters on PB. There was a reasonable expectation that you would follow him to whatever one he picked and then he can see where the chips fall after that.

FWIW, right now I think that J23 was the right candidate of the three - me, CF, or J23 - to pick for moving the vote. But he wasn't going to vote for me because he had done it yesterday so he was picking between two candidates. And you had already indicated that you were looking for an alternate candidate than CF, as you had already voted/unvoted him.

I think he made the play he thought was best to bring you along that put him at the least amount of risk. I actually think this was pretty wolfy when I read it.

This could be true, I was certainly trying to single out J23 (though was also interested in seeing more about how people were viewing you). I've been thinking of CF as novice, but now that he has talked about playing offline it makes me reconsider your thoughts about finding out about him sooner rather than later.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:41 PM   #568
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

There is a consistent push, albeit subtle enough to keep it from being damning, from Hoops to push me out. My vote is a return to my day 1 vote, this time with the reasoning that he is pushing to lynch my only known good guy (me). If this turns it into a me vs. Hoops showdown tonight, so be it.

The only sticking point, that makes me want to choose one of two others, is that Hoops is still publicly pushing to lynch me which could/would come back to haunt him if he were a wolf. But here's my vote, although I will move if needed in order for it to be relevant.

vote Hoopsguy
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 02:42 PM   #569
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm thinking it's the wisest time to reveal, since I'm the leading vote getter right now. I am the Vampire, which is a good role, but unfortunately one that is probably impossible to demonstrably prove. I'd be happy to trade myself for a wolf if they want to counter reveal though. So I will reveal early enough in the day that no one can say they didn't have time, and so that people can move their votes in a rational fashion.

I wanted to hang on as long as I could before revealing, but no sense ruining a day of voting just to demonstrate that some people thought I was a wolf.

Did you control someone's vote yesterday?
Old 01-13-2010, 02:42 PM   #570
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

BTW the reason I voted for PurdueBrad in the first place. Was that after the Lathum/path combo voted for me, he jumped on board. (although he wasn't the only one. And of course since he had a lot of votes, I voted for him to up his total. Him voting for me was convenient in trying to save himself, but I think I wasn't THAT much in trouble yet until he voted for me. Seems suspicious.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:46 PM   #571
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Did you control someone's vote yesterday?

No, I did not. I have control of someone's vote today, but I will not say who at this point as I don't think that's wise.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:48 PM   #572
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I'm going to wait a little bit for a counter reveal against Autumn and if there is none I will be moving my vote. Not real sure where my vote will go, most likely back to Saldana, with the plus that if I end up dead from that vote that will we know 100% that Saldana is the vengeful god and most likely a wolf.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:51 PM   #573
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
BTW the reason I voted for PurdueBrad in the first place. Was that after the Lathum/path combo voted for me, he jumped on board. (although he wasn't the only one. And of course since he had a lot of votes, I voted for him to up his total. Him voting for me was convenient in trying to save himself, but I think I wasn't THAT much in trouble yet until he voted for me. Seems suspicious.

If you put a vote on him to up his total to match yours, why would you find it suspicious that he put a vote on the leader at the time to put some distance between himself and that leader?
Old 01-13-2010, 02:51 PM   #574
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
No, I did not. I have control of someone's vote today, but I will not say who at this point as I don't think that's wise.

What about day 1? Or am I reading the every 2 cycles thing wrong?
Old 01-13-2010, 02:52 PM   #575
path12
Coordinator

Dola, I have no issue with you not saying who at this point.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:07 PM   #576
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Quote:
huh? Don't follow. Lovehate guy does what?

And Darth why are you voting for Realdeal. You said you want to vote for autumn and throw a blind vote to realdeal. None of your voting has made sense.

I agree Crimson, makes no sense to me either. First, the reasons Eaglefan uses to justify a vote for me don't seem to have anything to do with that I might be a wolf.

Second, I'm not sure how I could "orchestrate" voting for or against me. The vote count against me will be adjusted by whether or not the person is on my love or hate list, but I don't have any ability to control who votes for me. I wish I had that sort of power. My role is frankly dumb, which is why I revealed it.

Eaglefan is a highly experienced player, so this contorted reasoning is beyond odd to me.

Right now, my list of folks from which I will choose my vote is the following: EF, PB and Kwhit. We had two suspects last night, there was a tie, neither got lynched, and so far both those guys are skating free right now. Very short attention span we have.
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 03:10 PM   #577
RealDeal
High School Varsity

I will say this, though, just to further rattle Eaglefan's grill: Eaglefan is one of the two people I am aware of so far who are on my love list, so he is incapable of having his vote counted against me.
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 03:12 PM   #578
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I don't like the overanalysis of "late moves". Remeber that this is an online game and everyone is not online the whole time due to life, school, family, work, etc.

yeah Hoops, god, sometimes you just don't think.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 03:13 PM   #579
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealDeal View Post
Very short attention span we have.

Welcome to the game of werewolf
Old 01-13-2010, 03:20 PM   #580
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm going to wait a little bit for a counter reveal against Autumn and if there is none I will be moving my vote. Not real sure where my vote will go, most likely back to Saldana, with the plus that if I end up dead from that vote that will we know 100% that Saldana is the vengeful god and most likely a wolf.

ahh Dubb, my old friend....i of course remember you...[/ricardomontalbanvoice]

i can assure you that you will not die if you vote for me, and I can also assure you that neither will I.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 03:37 PM   #581
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
What about day 1? Or am I reading the every 2 cycles thing wrong?

I saved my ability for day two. I was actually hoping to use it on Granny to create a CoT that way, but then I found out from Danny that the other person wouldn't know that their vote is controlled. Then Granny died.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:59 PM   #582
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
i can assure you that you will not die if you vote for me, and I can also assure you that neither will I.

Governor?
Old 01-13-2010, 04:00 PM   #583
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Governor?

I thought Survivor but that would work as well.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:00 PM   #584
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
There is a consistent push, albeit subtle enough to keep it from being damning, from Hoops to push me out. My vote is a return to my day 1 vote, this time with the reasoning that he is pushing to lynch my only known good guy (me). If this turns it into a me vs. Hoops showdown tonight, so be it.

The only sticking point, that makes me want to choose one of two others, is that Hoops is still publicly pushing to lynch me which could/would come back to haunt him if he were a wolf. But here's my vote, although I will move if needed in order for it to be relevant.

vote Hoopsguy

I don't think I've been all that subtle, actually. I think you are a wolf, but I would be running a risk voting for anyone a second time. I'm not sure enough that I'm going to make that bet just yet. But I'm hoping that you are scanned sooner rather than later.

This "Vengeful God" thing, and the less discussed "Gladiator" are really cramping my game a little bit in terms of putting pressure on people in the thread. I know that me blowing up or getting dueled = -1 villager, and I don't know that I'm getting a 1:1 trade in the process. Which is frustrating, as I would absolutely take 1:1 if given the chance. But I haven't really worked out what % of certainty (70%, maybe?) that I would consider it worth the risk.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:01 PM   #585
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola- Does anyone see a reason why the whiney bitch shouldn't reveal? After day 1 their ability is useless and the basically becoe a vanilla villager, but if they are lying there can be a counter.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:01 PM   #586
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I thought Survivor but that would work as well.

true.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:04 PM   #587
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Governor?

I would say Survivor. So I think saldana just prevented himself from being wolfattacked. Then again, he is a wolf so he was already immune to that
Old 01-13-2010, 04:07 PM   #588
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
dola- Does anyone see a reason why the whiney bitch shouldn't reveal? After day 1 their ability is useless and the basically becoe a vanilla villager, but if they are lying there can be a counter.

They're not necessarily a villager, I don't think.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:08 PM   #589
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Eh, fine with me. That would be my role.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:09 PM   #590
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
They're not necessarily a villager, I don't think.

And I am most definately a villager.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:10 PM   #591
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Unvote Autumn
Old 01-13-2010, 04:12 PM   #592
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
way to kill my awesome role wolves

Quote:
Eh, fine with me. That would be my role.

Interesting. I had taken Jackal's comment after N1 to mean that he was the Whiny Bitch.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:28 PM   #593
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
And I am most definately a villager.

I just want to make clear that the Whiny Bitch is not a role that is automatically good. But Dubb says he is ;-)
Old 01-13-2010, 04:29 PM   #594
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Interesting. I had taken Jackal's comment after N1 to mean that he was the Whiny Bitch.

I think he meant he added The Borg idea to the game.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:29 PM   #595
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Does the vengeful god role work immediately when you cast the vote? OR is it saved for the deadline and the overnight stuff?
Old 01-13-2010, 04:29 PM   #596
Autumn
Head Coach

I didn't get a chance to decide on a vote before dinner. I will vote later, before deadline of course.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:29 PM   #597
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

yeah, I think he met that also.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:30 PM   #598
The Jackal
Coordinator

I did mean about my Borg idea, they killed Lathum that night and he was my created character and I was pissed!
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 04:31 PM   #599
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Here's my role, open for tweaking depending on how the balance looks next week.

Borg: Starts the game off as neutral. If targeted at night by any action other than a NK, turns that player into a Borg. The affected player will have their memory wiped and will not know they have been converted, nor think anything malicious happened. Only the original Borg has this power. If at any time the Borg outnumber other players, the Borg win.

Yup here's proof of that. Jackal was merely complaining that the wolves destroyed the person with his role before he got to use it.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:32 PM   #600
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

Oh, OK. I didn't keep track of any of that pregame stuff.