Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-11-2011, 07:30 PM   #1
saldana
Pro Starter

GAME OVER POST 733 - WW - The Jihad of Muad'dib

The Spice.

Nothing else in the universe matters.

Without the Spice, there would be no Bene-Gesserit.

Without the Spice, there would be no Spacing Guild.

It was once said, "He who controls the Spice, controls the Universe!", and the battle for this most valuable of substances has raged for hundreds of years in only one place. The desert planet of Arrakis....also known as, Dune. And it is in the middle of this battle that you find yourselves.

Arrakis is a harsh, unforgiving world...the entire surface of the planet has been scoured clean of all vegetation, and water is as scarce a commodity to the people who live there as the Spice is to the rest of the Universe. Those people, the Fremen, are a secluded and hardened people. They have waited generations for the coming of a man to fulfill their Prophecy. The Voice from the Outer World is said to be the one that will change the face of Arrakis forever. It seems now that the One has arrived....Paul Muad'dib has come to the Fremen and with his knowledge of warfare, along with his special abilities derived from his Bene Gesserit teachings, have allowed the production of Spice on Arrakis to be significantly interrupted. The Spacing Guild and the Padishah Emperor have grown exceedingly concerned, as the Spice literally makes the Universe run...without it, all interstellar travel becomes impossible. Muad'dib has charged members of each Sietch to carry on with his Jihad against the House Harkonnen, the House of the Landsraad currently "ruling" Arrakis.

You are a member of Sietch Bwarin and have chosen to become a Soldier of the Jihad. You and your tribemates have carried out numerous missions against the Harkonnen harvester teams, but there has been a cost. The water of a number of your fellow soldiers has been spilled, and your team's numbers are waning. A sparrow was sent to neighboring Sietches asking for any able bodied Jihadi warriors to come and join you, and with the help of their able bodied men alongside the remnants of your raiding force, you plan on resuming your mission to halt Spice production and drive the Harkonnen, the Emperor, and the Spacing Guild off the face of Dune for all time.

roles

depending on the number of signups, additional roles can be added.

roles listed will be in the game, but they may or may not have additional powers that are not listed here

Fremen
Paul Atreides - you are the Kwisatch Haderach. you are the universe's super being. after receiving the sparrow from Sietch Bwarin, you recognize that an opportunity for subversion by your enemies exists. you decide to go join the Jihadi warriors under the guise of normal Fremen warrior. Since none of the members of Bwarin know you, you will be able to exist as a member of the warriors without being recognized.

The full scope of your powers are known only to yourself.

Truthsayer - Fremen women are every bit the equal of Fremen men in combat. After coming to the same realization as her son, the Reverend Mother has chosen to send one of her Bene Gesserit Truthsayers to Sietch Bwarin in order to protect the Kwisatch Haderach.

Each night you may use your Bene Gesserit abilities to determine the loyalty of one of the Jihadi Warriors

Fedaykin - as one of the elite warriors of the fremen, you have been trained in the Wierding Way of battle. The slightest blow carries immense power, and against any foe not trained in this manner of combat, you will triumph easily

Each night, you may choose to stay outside the yali of another warrior. Should that warrior be attacked you will defend them. You may choose to defend yourself, and can defend the same person repeatedly

Jihadi Warrior - you are a Fremen who has been sworn to follow the orders of Muad'dib to rid Dune of all outworlders who would exploit your home for the Spice

Those Who Stand Against the Righteous

Sardaukar trooper - The Padishah Emperor has sent you, one of his fanatical elite, trained on the hell that is Salusa Secundus, as a deep cover spy to live amongst the Fremen. Your mission is to find and kill the Fremen leader known as Muad'dib. Because of the conditions of your training, you are nearly unbeatable in single combat.

Should you be the loser of the lynch vote, you will be able to choose another Jihadi warrior to join you in death

Fremen Traitor - you are a Fremen, but the lure of power promised by Baron Harkonnen has given you cause to abandon your own people to try to collect the reward placed upon the head of Muad'dib.

Intelligence from the Baron's spy network has told you that Muad'dib has left Sietch Tabr, and his whereabouts are now unknown. The possibility that he may be en route to Sietch Bwarin has given you the hope that you may achieve your goal and fulfill the wishes of the Baron.

Each night, you have the ability to find out of one of the Jihadi warriors is, in fact, Muad'dib. What you will do with this information is known only to you.

Spacing Guild Spy - because you are a member of the Guild, you have unlimited access to the Spice. You have become addicted to the melange and taken on the Eyes of the Ibad. This trait has allowed you to blend seamlessly into the Fremen Sietches.

If the Truthsayer examines you, they will be deceived by your eyes and be unable to detect your true allegiances

Harkonnen Spy - the Baron has sent many men out to try to infiltrate the Fremen. Many of them have been killed. So far you have not been.

rules
there will be a day and night cycle

night cycle deadline is 6am EST with results posted at 7am

day cycle deadline is 10pm EST with results to be posted immediately after deadline

a tie vote will have ramifications that will become known only if it occurs

roles will be revealed upon death

nightfall votes will be accepted, but must be unanimous minus 1 (i wouldnt imagine that the person being voted for in a nightfall vote would vote nightfall, so as long as they are the only ones not going along, nightfall will occur once unanimous minus 1 is achieved)

Those Who Stand Against the Righteous have unlimited communications between themselves with the exception of the Fremen Traitor. The Fremen Traitor is unknown to the others that Stand Against until he discovers one of them with his nightly scan, or he is the target of the nightkill attempt, at which time he will be revealed to them and gain the communication privileges.

there will be a vanilla Jihadi Warrior PM which will be received by all players

any posting of a PM or paraphrasing of a PM will have disastrous consequences

no editing of posts for any reason

signups will be for as many as want to play
1. The Jackal - duked Day 2, Jihadi Warrior
2. Dubb93 - lynched Day 7, Fremen Traitor and worst knife fighter, ever
3. Passacaglia - Jihadi Warrior - WINNER
4. Autumn - killed because he was dumb enough to think the Sardaukar Trooper was dead, day 5, Jihadi Warrior
5. PackerFanatic - lynched, day 5, Sardaukar Trooper
6. Chief Rum - night killed, night 3, Jihadi Warrior
7. MartinD - lynched Day 1, Jihadi Warrior
8. NTNDeacon - night killed, night 4, Bene Gesserit Truthsayer
9. Coffee Warlord - night killed and turned into a human pin cushion, night 6, Paul Muad'dib
10. danny - Jihaidi Warrior - WINNER
11. telle - night killed, night 2, Fedaykin
12. Raiders Army - consumed by a Maker, Day 3, Jihadi Warrior
13. Darth Vilus - lynched, day 4, Spacing Guild Spy
14. cougarfreak - lynched and turned into Arrakis road kill, day 6, Jihadi Warrior

Last edited by saldana : 01-26-2011 at 06:42 PM.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:39 PM   #2
Poli
FOFC Survivor

woot woot
Old 01-11-2011, 10:10 PM   #3
The Jackal
Coordinator

Awesome. In.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 02:10 AM   #4
Schmidty
Coordinator

I don't know anything about Dune, but I'll play.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:10 AM   #5
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Oh, except, wasn't Sting in it? I want to be Sting.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:51 AM   #6
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post

Oh, except, wasn't Sting in it? I want to be Sting.

Don't equate that movie with Dune. If you don't want to read the book, at least watch the sci-fi miniseries, it was so much better. Sting was.. lame.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:07 AM   #7
Autumn
Head Coach

I never understood all the hate for the movie. I really liked it (granted haven't seen it in 20 years) as well as liking the books. Maybe it was the creepy fat guy that turned people off.

I'm in!
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:08 AM   #8
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post

+1

I'm in
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:21 AM   #9
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I never understood all the hate for the movie. I really liked it (granted haven't seen it in 20 years) as well as liking the books. Maybe it was the creepy fat guy that turned people off.

I'm in!

It's just that the miniseries is SO much better. The special effects in the Sting movie were so hokey, and maybe I just didn't feel the movie allowed enough time to cover the spirit of the book. But I haven't seen it in a while either.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:00 AM   #10
Autumn
Head Coach

Thanks for reminding me - I keep meaning to watch that miniseries. Maybe I'll get to that soon.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:21 AM   #11
The Jackal
Coordinator

They also made a children of dune miniseries if you read that one too. Not quite as good as the original (mostly because the kids and their story aren't quite as cool as Paul), but definitely worth a watch.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:44 PM   #12
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

In like Flynn.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 03:07 PM   #13
MartinD
High School Varsity

I would like to play.
MartinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 05:51 PM   #14
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I am in
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:29 PM   #15
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Okay, then I'll be Stewart Copeland.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 07:00 PM   #16
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I am desert power.

IN.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 02:42 AM   #17
Danny
Head Coach

in
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 10:13 AM   #18
hoopsguy
General Manager

Would love to play, and really like the theme, but I'm going to be on vacation next week without access to a PC.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 10:36 AM   #19
The Jackal
Coordinator

I see you lurking PB!
Old 01-14-2011, 09:45 PM   #20
Telle
College Starter

When is this starting? I'll play.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 07:52 AM   #21
saldana
Pro Starter

telle, if i can get a few more people, i was going to run night zero tomorrow night.
Old 01-15-2011, 12:03 PM   #22
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'll join...sure. My availability will be limited during the day however.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 02:45 PM   #23
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

mine will be limited as well
Old 01-15-2011, 05:15 PM   #24
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

In

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 06:32 PM   #25
The Jackal
Coordinator

MORE!
Old 01-17-2011, 05:58 AM   #26
saldana
Pro Starter

so i am gonna give one last bump for the daytime crowd today, and then start this tonight.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:11 PM   #27
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Normal Jihadi Warrior checking in. Just kidding.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:11 PM   #28
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Uh, kidding about the checking in part. I didn't receive a role yet.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:25 PM   #29
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
I am desert power.

IN.

Hey CW, any chance you can get Juggler in too? It was great to have him in the last game.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:53 PM   #30
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I shot him a text a couple days ago, I'll ping him again.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:02 PM   #31
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

He be passing, claiming busy next week or two. We must take his water and go.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:34 PM   #32
cougarfreak
College Starter

I'm in. Can't play from work, but I'm in.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:44 PM   #33
The Jackal
Coordinator

What're we up to, 14? Good group, I'm excited about the concept. Makes me want to read the book again.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:47 PM   #34
saldana
Pro Starter

roles coming shortly
Old 01-17-2011, 08:58 PM   #35
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
What're we up to, 14? Good group, I'm excited about the concept. Makes me want to read the book again.

I got out the book myself. To add to my ridiculous possible reading pile, but it might get up there.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:18 PM   #36
saldana
Pro Starter

roles are on the way out...please no "check in posts" til after the Night Zero post here.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:43 PM   #37
saldana
Pro Starter

all roles have been sent, night zero coming shortly

a couple quick notes...the vanilla villager PM is:

You have pledged your water to the tribe and to Muad'dib

You are a Jihadi Warrior.

also, i have adjusted the role description of the Fremen Spy (should he exist), please be sure to check the first post so as to not be confused

lastly, winning conditions

Fremen win when all of Those Who Stand Against the Righteous are eliminated

Those Who Stand Against the Righteous win by achieving 1:1 with the Fremen.

Certain roles may have a bonus win condition that is known only to me.

good luck, and have fun

Last edited by saldana : 01-17-2011 at 10:09 PM.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:45 PM   #38
thejuggler3
Mascot

Sorry, the next two weeks will be awful for me. I really want to play again though, so I'll be sure get in the next one. Good luck all!
Old 01-17-2011, 09:55 PM   #39
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm ready for this one. No having to plot, just root out the traitors. Let's go!
Old 01-17-2011, 09:57 PM   #40
Danny
Head Coach

Haven't looked over the rules in detail yet, will try and do that tonight.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:59 PM   #41
Danny
Head Coach

Oh, but

Vote Jackal

(this is a temporary vote based on the other thread)
Old 01-17-2011, 10:02 PM   #42
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

The Spice must flow!
Old 01-17-2011, 10:09 PM   #43
saldana
Pro Starter

Night has fallen over the dunes. The temperature drops rapidly as you all return to Sietch Bwarin, sealing the caves behind you. Every drop of moisture is precious.

Naib Saldana returns from the catchpool deep in the bowels of the cave, a troubled look upon his face. The lines etched by a life in the sand and sun are nothing compared to the concern that is visible as he calls you all to the gathering area.

"One of our tribe who has chosen to risk all to serve Muad'dib under the guise of a servant of the Harkonnen's in Arrakeen has sent a sparrow. The Baron believes Muad'dib himself is in our Sietch at this very moment and our spy has relayed the Baron is desperate to have him killed.

"I fear we are betrayed. That we have too many among us who are unknown. I am sending a sparrow to the Reverend Mother, asking that she send us a Truthsayer, but Sietch Tabr is many worms away, and I fear that by the time help reaches us, the water of our lives may be spilled."

No sooner does the Naib finish addressing the congregation of Jihadi Warriors, than a blur appears on the periphery of your vision, streaking towards Saldana.

Before anyone can react, including the Naib, the Hunter-Seeker is imbedded in his throat has buried itself in Saldana's neck and traversed into his brain. He is dead before his body falls to the floor.

As his body is taken to the reclamation chamber, for his water belongs to the tribe, you all wonder, who could have been within the Sietch and brazen enough to use an outlander's tool of assassination on your leader?

You pledge on the Maker to find out, or die trying.

Night Zero has begun.

Lynch Votes are due by 10pm eastern on Tuesday

Last edited by saldana : 01-17-2011 at 10:11 PM.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:24 PM   #44
Danny
Head Coach

Unvote Jackal
Old 01-17-2011, 10:24 PM   #45
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I guess now check in posts are ok. And since we as of yet have no real cause to suspect anyone, I must in all good conscience as a Falcons fan ....

Vote PackerFanatic
Old 01-17-2011, 10:30 PM   #46
The Jackal
Coordinator

Naib Saldana's water will strengthen the remaining of us. Any who seek to molest the spice or our ways will be giving their water to us.

Muad'dib will lead us to control. To water unseen!
Old 01-17-2011, 10:31 PM   #47
The Jackal
Coordinator

I am Fremen, I am nothing special beyond the water in my veins. Those who attempt to subvert us will fail.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:48 PM   #48
Autumn
Head Coach

Well, I'll be around. A day 1 voting strategy doesn't jump out at me, so here's hoping someone says something stupid!
Old 01-17-2011, 11:34 PM   #49
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Lord Vilus checking in

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:48 PM   #50
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
I guess now check in posts are ok. And since we as of yet have no real cause to suspect anyone, I must in all good conscience as a Falcons fan ....

Vote PackerFanatic

We pummel you on our way to the NFC Championship game and the gloves come off...I see how it is
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote