Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-04-2011, 11:44 AM   #1801
cougarfreak
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Well, except that the other candidate was a wolf. So we don't really know what the wolves are thinking. I would think if two wolves were up, the wolves would act to protect the cunning (especially if already scanned), and might encourage the brutal wolf to fall on the sword and take out a villager.

If what hoops is suggesting is true, we know who the cunning is and he wasn't a candidate last night. We know JAG was a vanilla wolf. If mckerney is the third wolf, he would have been the brutal, and it doesn't make sense that the wolves would move a two wolf vote toward JAG, the vanilla wolf, over mckerney, the hypothetical brutal.

So if hoops is right, I suspect mckerney is indeed a villager.

So am I reading between the lines right, he thinks the cunning has been scanned?
Old 03-04-2011, 11:50 AM   #1802
hoopsguy
General Manager

There is that vote log, and there was also being there as last night was sorting itself out. The wolves wanted mckerney lynched, and I don't see any way that they wanted to give up the brutal in that position instead of a "normal" wolf. A day later, maybe, but not last night. Last night they wanted to off a villager and then dictate to us with 3 wolves (including brutal) among 8 players today.

I won't be voting mckerney today and I won't be voting him tomorrow on the off chance that we are both around.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 11:51 AM   #1803
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarfreak View Post
So am I reading between the lines right, he thinks the cunning has been scanned?

Correct, that's his theory, and considering our suspicions, it kinda meshes with things. Looking at yesterday's vote history suggests this as well.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 11:51 AM   #1804
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

I think the chances are pretty good, cougar. The wolf kills have been pretty by the numbers: seer, bodyguard, cleared players.

Last night, they didn't take a cleared player. They took a player who had made strong villager plays in the thread yesterday but was not seer scanned like GE.

So I'm wondering why they deviated from their pattern.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:52 AM   #1805
Autumn
Head Coach

I think we have to assume Mckerney's good. JAG certainly seemed to be holding on to his vote all day, presumably to vote whereever he needed to, to get out of trouble. So I think his vote on McK helps clear McK. JAG could have voted Pass there.

Which doesn't help Pass out.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 11:53 AM   #1806
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I can see what you're saying re: the brutal, hoops, but I really think if it comes to a choice between two wolves, the wolves will always push the brutal to use that extra kill as soon as possible. One less villager means one less vote to combat, which at end game might be more important than having one more face to hide behind.

In any case, I am with you. I am not looking to vote mckerney anytime soon.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:56 AM   #1807
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
1438 - Autumn votes mckerney 1-0
1508 - PF votes NTN 1-1 mck/NTN
1516 - Hoops votes Pass 1-1-1 mck/NTN/Pass
1547 - Autumn unvotes mckerney 1-1 NTN/Pass
1570 - Autumn votes JAG 1-1-1 NTN/Pass/JAG
1585 - Hoops unvotes Pass, votes JAG 2-1 JAG over NTN
1591 - NTN votes JAG 3-1 JAG over NTN
1594 - Chief votes mckerney 3-1-1 JAG over NTN/mck
1599 - Cougar votes Pass 3-1-1-1 JAG over NTN/mck/Pass
1606 - GE votes mckerney 3-2-1-1 JAG over mck over NTN/Pass
1618 - NTN unvotes JAG, votes mckerney 3-2-1-1 mck over JAG over NTN/Pass
1632 - mck votes Pass 3-2-2-1 mck over JAG/Pass over NTN
1634 - JAG votes mckerney 4-2-2-1 mck over JAG/Pass over NTN
1640 - mck unvotes Pass, votes JAG 4-3-1-1 mck over JAG over NTN/Pass
1666 - NTN unvotes mck, votes JAG 4-3-1-1 JAG over mck over NTN/Pass
1678 - GE unvotes mck, votes JAG 5-2-1-1 JAG over mck over NTN/Pass

I want to bump this up to the current page. NTN puts JAG up 3-1 over himself early on. A self defense vote, but presumably he could have voted someone else that early and set up another candidate if he was a wolf. Chief and Cougar then add new candidates, rather than vote NTN or JAG. Perhaps of interest. GE chooses Mckerney on his vote over Pass or NTN or JAG.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:09 PM   #1808
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I want to bump this up to the current page. NTN puts JAG up 3-1 over himself early on. A self defense vote, but presumably he could have voted someone else that early and set up another candidate if he was a wolf. Chief and Cougar then add new candidates, rather than vote NTN or JAG. Perhaps of interest. GE chooses Mckerney on his vote over Pass or NTN or JAG.

One thing to note on GE's vote is that it happens 4 minutes after I talk about wanting to vote for mckerney still.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 12:11 PM   #1809
hoopsguy
General Manager

Yep, but if NTN doesn't move late do you still think GE moves behind him?

I give NTN much more credit for the success we had last night than I do GE at this point. Not a "free pass" level of trust, but it would take some work to talk me into voting for him.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:13 PM   #1810
cougarfreak
College Starter

Quote:
Correct, that's his theory, and considering our suspicions, it kinda meshes with things. Looking at yesterday's vote history suggests this as well.

Ok, that makes some sense. Thanks.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:15 PM   #1811
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Vote Pass
Old 03-04-2011, 12:15 PM   #1812
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yep, but if NTN doesn't move late do you still think GE moves behind him?

I give NTN much more credit for the success we had last night than I do GE at this point. Not a "free pass" level of trust, but it would take some work to talk me into voting for him.

It's about time I got some peeps on my side on ntn. IMO, he has proven it well before this. FYI, GE has been gunning for NTN all game, if you recall.

Old 03-04-2011, 12:16 PM   #1813
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
Vote Pass

Do we assume the theory and go after the mysterious last brutal wolf, or do we check the theory today?

I lean toward the latter.

Old 03-04-2011, 12:19 PM   #1814
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Hey if we want to go after the cunning, I am down with that. we need to decide quickly though as I won't be available to change after 3:20 or so as I head to hopefully take my friends money
Old 03-04-2011, 12:24 PM   #1815
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Well, let's test it. Your vote is on Pass. I'll put mine on GE. We'll see what people want to do.

VOTE GOLDENEAGLE

Old 03-04-2011, 12:29 PM   #1816
mckerney
Coordinator

I had wanted to vote for him a few days ago, I have no problem doing it now with others on board.

Vote Golden Eagle
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 12:32 PM   #1817
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Do you guys really want to bark up this tree? You had the seer clear me to a known villager. Nevermind the fact that I am vanilla villager, but the percentage play is terrible.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:38 PM   #1818
Autumn
Head Coach

How is it a bad percentage play. There are 8 people left, I believe, and one of this is almost certainly the cunning wolf. Several of those 8 are very, very unlikely to be wolves. If we had started the game suggesting that the seer's teammate would be the cunning, yes that would be a poor percentage, but we're looking at different statistics at this point.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:49 PM   #1819
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm not dead set on doing this play - there is definitely risk in it.

If I was pretty sure on the other wolf I would push hard for taking out the other wolf first. As it stands, I'm waffling a bit on what I think is the best play.

A bad lynch, no matter who it is, gives control back to the wolves in a game with six players and a brutal wolf.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:52 PM   #1820
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
How is it a bad percentage play. There are 8 people left, I believe, and one of this is almost certainly the cunning wolf. Several of those 8 are very, very unlikely to be wolves. If we had started the game suggesting that the seer's teammate would be the cunning, yes that would be a poor percentage, but we're looking at different statistics at this point.

The role has a 50% chance of being in the game. Twenty people started the game, meaning there is 2.5% chance any of us is the cunning wolf. In addition, I have been scanned and cleared. Lets take that percentage to about 1.5% due to that. It is just not a good decision.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:53 PM   #1821
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm not dead set on doing this play - there is definitely risk in it.

If I was pretty sure on the other wolf I would push hard for taking out the other wolf first. As it stands, I'm waffling a bit on what I think is the best play.

A bad lynch, no matter who it is, gives control back to the wolves in a game with six players and a brutal wolf.

Problem is, without a for sure other wolf, I don't know how we can ignore this or let it be. Don't we have to explore this?

Old 03-04-2011, 12:54 PM   #1822
Autumn
Head Coach

What makes you think there's a 50% chance?

And 12 of those people are dead, so clearly they were not the cunning. Therefore, if there is a cunning, there is a 12.5% chance that it was you. Yes, there's less chance that you're a wolf, by sheer numbers, than anyone else, but based on voting records there's a much greater chance than average that you are one.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:55 PM   #1823
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Problem is, without a for sure other wolf, I don't know how we can ignore this or let it be. Don't we have to explore this?

No, I don't think you have to explore it. If the wolves were clever, they could have left GE alive just for this reason.

I think you guys should vote purely on wolfiness and voting records today. GE is a primate candidate because of that, I think, and to a lesser extent because of the night kill.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:58 PM   #1824
cougarfreak
College Starter

I will.stick with pass for now, but I see how the GE thing makes some sense. I do not want a tie, won't that give the wolf group a nightkill without us having a shot at lynching a wolf?
Old 03-04-2011, 12:59 PM   #1825
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
I will.stick with pass for now, but I see how the GE thing makes some sense. I do not want a tie, won't that give the wolf group a nightkill without us having a shot at lynching a wolf?

I don't think so. I thought ALL night activities would not happen...including a night kill.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:59 PM   #1826
Autumn
Head Coach

Prime candidate, not primate. Sorry GE, not trying to call you an ape ;-)
Old 03-04-2011, 01:05 PM   #1827
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No, I don't think you have to explore it. If the wolves were clever, they could have left GE alive just for this reason.

I think you guys should vote purely on wolfiness and voting records today. GE is a primate candidate because of that, I think, and to a lesser extent because of the night kill.

I am comfortable with this. Voting records have reflected some doubt about GE's allegiance, and he has skated by because of the scan. This makes sense to me. Unless a better analysis comes along, I am comfortable with GE as a candidate today, whether prime or primate.

Old 03-04-2011, 01:07 PM   #1828
Autumn
Head Coach

If GE was good, then we have to assume either Chief is a wolf, or none of the wolves voted for McKerney. That would be odd, but certainly possible. In which case, Pass who abstained from voting, possibly holding onto his vote for a possible save, looks bad, as does Cougar and PF, who manage to not vote JAG but not not vote a presumed villager in Mckerney. In which case, who looks worse, PF who votes NTN very early and doesn't get any traction, or Cougar who adds Pass to the list when there's already two other non-JAG options? Cougar and Pass have to be the most unlikely wolf pairing based on that.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:13 PM   #1829
Danny
Head Coach

Pass and GE, book it!
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 01:22 PM   #1830
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Pass and GE, book it!

Want to place a bet?
Old 03-04-2011, 01:24 PM   #1831
Danny
Head Coach

Let's also not forget pass wanted bh lynched earlier which would have helped clear ge.

That said, we should not go for the cunning first, absolutely no way. A brutal kill does not hurt us at all, and in case were wrong and say pass is the cunning, we would then be saving ourselves from lynching ge al together. I think voting for ge is a bad move today (even though. Ithink he's a wolf)
Old 03-04-2011, 01:25 PM   #1832
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Had I been around last night, I would have moved my NTN vote, since it never went anywhere. I will follow the GE train of thought for now. I really need to do a better job of analysis myself, heh...

VOTE GOLDENEAGLE
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 01:26 PM   #1833
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
164 Autumn votes JAG 1-0
169 PF votes Mauboy 1-1 JAG/Mau
170 Lathum votes Rum 1-1-1 JAG/Mau/Rum
172 Mau votes Rum 2-1-1 Rum over JAG/Mau
175 Danny votes JAG 2-2-1 Rum/JAG over Mau
178 JAG votes Autumn 2-2-1-1 Rum/JAG over Mau/Autumn
181 bhl votes Mau 2-2-2-1 Rum/JAG/Mau over Autumn
* 182 MartinD (wolf) post about vote concentration early, usually more spread out *
185 MartinD votes Mau 3-2-2-1 Mau over Rum/JAG over Autumn
186 Rum votes Mau 4-2-2-1 Mau over Rum/JAG over Autumn
187 mck votes Mau 5-2-2-1 Mau over Rum/JAG over Autumn
189 Rum unvotes Mau 4-2-2-1 Mau over Rum/JAG over Autumn
193 Danny unvotes JAG, votes NTN 4-2-1-1-1 Mau over Rum over Autumn/JAG/NTN
194 Jackal votes NTN 4-2-2-1-1 Mau over Rum/NTN over Autumn/JAG
200 Hoops votes NTN 4-3-2-1-1 Mau over NTN over Rum over Autumn/JAG
205 Zinto votes Chief 4-3-3-1-1 Mau over NTN/Rum over Autumn/JAG
206 NTN votes Chief 4-4-3-1-1 Mau/Rum over NTN over Autumn/JAG
212 Pass votes NTN 4-4-4-1-1 Mau/Rum/NTN over Autumn/JAG
213 Chief votes NTN 5-4-4-1-1 NTN over Mau/Rum over Autumn/JAG
219 Crimson votes Mau 5-5-4-1-1 NTN/Mau over Rum over Autumn/JAG
222 NTN unvotes Chief, votes Mau 6-5-3-1-1 Mau over NTN over Rum over Autumn/JAG
224 - DV votes Mau. 7-5-3-1-1 Mau over NTN over Rum over Autumn/JAG
226 - Cougar votes Mau 8-5-3-1-1 Mau over NTN over Rum over Autumn/JAG
234 - Mau unvotes Chief, votes NTN 8-6-2-1-1 Mau over NTN over Rum over Autumn/JAG
235 - GE votes NTN, 8-7-2-1-1 Mau over NTN over Rum over Autumn/JAG
237 - Saldana votes NTN, 8-8-2-1-1 Mau/NTN over Rum over Autumn/JAG
240 - Lathum unvotes Rum, votes NTN 9-8-1-1-1 NTN over Mau over Autumn/JAG/Rum
242 - Chief unvotes NTN, votes Mau 9-8-1-1-1 Mau over NTN over Autumn/JAG/Rum
* 251 - Mauboy's "if only I could see the future" post with 1 hour 40 minutes until lynch deadline *
258 - Autumn unvotes JAG, votes Mau 10-8-1-1 Mau over NTN over Autumn/Rum
* 262 - I ask if people missed post #251, why no one is reacting to this. 1 hour 10 minutes until lynch deadline *
264 - NTN unvotes Mau, votes JAG 9-8-1-1-1 Mau over NTN over Autumn/Rum/JAG
277 - Danny unvotes NTN, votes Crimson 9-7-1-1-1-1 Mau over NTN over Autumn/Rum/JAG/Crimson
279 - Mau unvotes NTN, votes Crimson 9-6-2-1-1-1 Mau over NTN over Crimson over Autumn/Rum/JAG
280 - Rum unvotes Mau, votes JAG 8-6-2-2-1-1 Mau over NTN over Crimson/JAG over Autumn/Rum
290 - Autumn unvotes Mau 7-6-2-2-1-1- Mau over NTN over Crimson/JAG over Autumn/Rum
291 - Autumn votes JAG 7-6-3-2-1-1- Mau over NTN over JAG over Crimson over Autumn/Rum
301 - Saldana unvotes NTN, votes MartinD 7-5-3-2-1-1-1 Mau over NTN over JAG over Crimson over Autumn/Rum/MartinD
* 301 is the post where Saldana reveals that MartinD forwarded his PM with info on being a wolf. 25 minutes before deadline. *
304 - Danny changes vote to MartinD
305 - Autumn changes vote to MartinD
315 - mck changes vote to MartinD
318 - PF changes vote to MartinD
322 - DV changes vote to MartinD
327 - Cougar changes vote to MartinD
330 - Mau changes vote to MartinD
337 - NTN changes vote to MartinD
340 - Lathum changes vote to MartinD

Okay, not sure if this is helpful, but wanted to go back and add the color here. I didn't bother coloring the end, and gave up on coloring the vote count.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:26 PM   #1834
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
Want to place a bet?

You're right, I could very well be wrong on you, and that's why votes for you are bad votes. There is no advantage to lynching the brutal last and voting for someone who could only be the cunning is a bad move.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:26 PM   #1835
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

That's a good point Danny made while I was posting...gah, darn these end-game scenarios.

UNVOTE GOLDENEAGLE
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 01:29 PM   #1836
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Can someone explain how my voting record is so suspicious?

The switch to JAG late yesterday does look fishy, but I did it on the premises that Pass could come in and create a tie.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:33 PM   #1837
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
Can someone explain how my voting record is so suspicious?

The switch to JAG late yesterday does look fishy, but I did it on the premises that Pass could come in and create a tie.

Off the top of my head, you also pushed up mckerney (admittedly on top of mine) yesterday when JAG was still clearly in the lead, and moved mckerney within one.

And your endless pursuit of ntndeacon has been fishy to me all game. I would have to take a look at the rest of your votes to see where they sit, but I don't recall some great vote by you at the moment.

Old 03-04-2011, 01:37 PM   #1838
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Off the top of my head, you also pushed up mckerney (admittedly on top of mine) yesterday when JAG was still clearly in the lead, and moved mckerney within one.

And your endless pursuit of ntndeacon has been fishy to me all game. I would have to take a look at the rest of your votes to see where they sit, but I don't recall some great vote by you at the moment.

I pushed for ntn because it was a vote for information. I still think there is a good chance he is a wolf My idea was simple. If ntn came back as a wolf, it cleared pass. If not, then pass is likely a wolf. You also have to consider that JAG was very defensive on ntn yesterday.

Mckerney's day 1 move right before mau reveled as the seer is what got my attention. It would not surprise if that was planned. If I recall correctly, mau was starting to pull away with the votes.

I will be around all afternoon to answer questions.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:38 PM   #1839
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As you prepare for the next leg of the race the teams all congregate in a meeting room at the hotel where everyone is staying. The netwrok has called everyone together hoping to keep everyone is as good of a mood as possible after the recent events involving Lathum and The Jackal (they try to avoid any other homicidal tendencies).

"We wanted to help everyone relax by offering a movie night. This way everyone can forget about the game for a while."

"We would like to let you view a world premier of a movie which we will be broadcasting after the race is over. It is about a hero from the mountains. He was a miner that was stricken down in the prime of his life. There has been much controversy about him since his death and some view him as a hero but others see him in a less than favorable light."

"We would like to present you with the premier of Bull Moose Special."
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 01:39 PM   #1840
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Sorry, was bored at work.

Just a reminder that the results will be posted late tonight.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 01:40 PM   #1841
Autumn
Head Coach

lol
Old 03-04-2011, 01:43 PM   #1842
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Let's also not forget pass wanted bh lynched earlier which would have helped clear ge.

I don't really know what you're trying to say about me, but to clarify -- I never said I wanted bhlloy lynched. In fact, I argued that he was not likely to be the cunning, since if he were, he wouldn't have killed DV.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 01:44 PM   #1843
Danny
Head Coach

You scared me ef. The page was loading on my phone and my phone and first thing I read was bull moose special and I thought we were going to have a dead villager
Old 03-04-2011, 01:44 PM   #1844
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I guess that's more denying, rather than clarifying.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:54 PM   #1845
Danny
Head Coach

I might be remembering that wrong then. Doesn't change my feelings on you though since it has to do with your relation to ge and not you individually.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:58 PM   #1846
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I might be remembering that wrong then. Doesn't change my feelings on you though since it has to do with your relation to ge and not you individually.

That's cool, I'm not really trying to sway opinions, I'm just correcting misinformation.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:21 PM   #1847
MartinD
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
As you prepare for the next leg of the race the teams all congregate in a meeting room at the hotel where everyone is staying. The netwrok has called everyone together hoping to keep everyone is as good of a mood as possible after the recent events involving Lathum and The Jackal (they try to avoid any other homicidal tendencies).

"We wanted to help everyone relax by offering a movie night. This way everyone can forget about the game for a while."

"We would like to let you view a world premier of a movie which we will be broadcasting after the race is over. It is about a hero from the mountains. He was a miner that was stricken down in the prime of his life. There has been much controversy about him since his death and some view him as a hero but others see him in a less than favorable light."

"We would like to present you with the premier of Bull Moose Special."

MartinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 02:28 PM   #1848
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

lol
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 02:28 PM   #1849
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

The WTF moment on the Bull Moose Special was, in retrospect, just an awesomely hilarious moment.

Old 03-04-2011, 02:58 PM   #1850
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Just wait till the next leg. A mystical being riding a flying yak will be awaiting your arrival, bearing gifts of coffee and ham.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote