Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-08-2011, 08:45 PM   #2151
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

After the werewolf deadline I'll discuss how I handled the race part of the game if anyone is interested.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:46 PM   #2152
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Seriously. Chief and I had the short one, and I guess we got punished for not writing a book. Go figure.

Clearly the route to success post-Amazing Race is to sign a book deal, so you should have been thinking ahead.

I suppose you girls will just pose in Maxim or something.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:48 PM   #2153
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

and _I_ didn't notice it until a couple legs into the race.
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:49 PM   #2154
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Seriously. Chief and I had the short one, and I guess we got punished for not writing a book. Go figure.

yes that IS funny. hope you guys enjoyed my write-up
Old 03-08-2011, 08:55 PM   #2156
Autumn
Head Coach

Here's hoping we have the last wolf pegged. If not, welcome somebody to the halls of Day 1 votes.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:58 PM   #2157
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As of post 2156:

PackerFanatic 3 - hoopsguy (2066), nndeacon (2069), cougarfreak (2072)
ntndeacon 1 - PackerFanatic (2094)
Old 03-08-2011, 08:59 PM   #2158
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Seriously. Chief and I had the short one.

Clearly the upset of the race.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:03 PM   #2159
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Here's a new picture of hoops complete with swooping cape.

QueenSnowWhite (162x200) (2).jpg
Go Team Villainess!
Old 03-08-2011, 09:03 PM   #2160
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

deadline

sorry, the site just stopped responding for me for a couple.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:04 PM   #2161
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Here's a new picture of hoops complete with swooping cape.

Attachment 2533
Go Team Villainess!

Completely photoshoppped. I never wear that much clothing.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:05 PM   #2162
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Everyone gathers after the final leg of the race. There is one piece of business left to address.

PackerFanatic must be the final mole!!!

After a long discussion you find that he is a vanilla villager.

Then you notice someone else is wearing that rival T-Shirt.

hoopsguy is now wearing it.

You find that hoopsguy was the Rob Wannabe and a vanilla villager.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:06 PM   #2163
Autumn
Head Coach

God damn
Old 03-08-2011, 09:07 PM   #2164
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

You see cougarfreak and ntndeacon standing together, discussing the race.

Then you see ntndeacon put on that T-shirt as well. He was a vanilla villager, the sole remaining villager in the end.

cougarfreak smiles and you see that he is the Admiral.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:08 PM   #2166
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Good job, Cougar!
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:08 PM   #2167
cougarfreak
College Starter

Thanks to all the experienced moles who helped me out. Big time
Old 03-08-2011, 09:09 PM   #2168
Autumn
Head Coach

Cougar freaking freak. Unreal. Welcome to the Hall of Fame dude. I think everyone will be voting "Under the radar" for the next dozen games.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:09 PM   #2169
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Congrats, cougarfreak! Way to bring it home for us!
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:10 PM   #2170
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Way to go cougarfreak. Great job the whole game, especially from day 5 or so on.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:11 PM   #2171
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I'm sure Danny wishes he could have talked on this last day to help out but too bad, so sad. Good game everyone.

I get the LVP (least valuable player) but at least my fake reveal caused for another worthless day of votes for people to get info from.

Also, DV was on my radar as the Seer pretty much right away, unfortunately for you guys.

PAPARAZZI!
Old 03-08-2011, 09:11 PM   #2172
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarfreak View Post
Thanks to all the experienced moles who helped me out. Big time

The credit all goes to you -- it was your idea to vote for me, well before general suspicion went my way. That bought you a ton of trust.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:12 PM   #2173
Autumn
Head Coach

Wow, I'll have to look back to see how I ruled Cougar out. I think it was a very early vote on Pass. If so that paid off big time.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:12 PM   #2174
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Was afraid of that. Nice job wolves and nice job villagers.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:13 PM   #2175
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
I'm sure Danny wishes he could have talked on this last day to help out but too bad, so sad. Good game everyone.

I get the LVP (least valuable player) but at least my fake reveal caused for another worthless day of votes for people to get info from.

Also, DV was on my radar as the Seer pretty much right away, unfortunately for you guys.

PAPARAZZI!

You don't like losing do you?

It seemed that you started ramping up your leg instructions even more as each leg went by.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:14 PM   #2176
cougarfreak
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Cougar freaking freak. Unreal. Welcome to the Hall of Fame dude. I think everyone will be voting "Under the radar" for the next dozen games.

I threw the idea out to Pass, and he told me.to run with it. The fellow wolves helped me out more than you can imagine.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:14 PM   #2177
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:

PAPARAZZI!

Your excellent race submissions are the main reason I got to talk as long as I did

Good job wolves! Especially cougar with the mvp for your team

Good game EagleFan
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:16 PM   #2178
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Was afraid of that. Nice job wolves and nice job villagers.

You and Danny were both very Obi-Wanish...we struck you down and you became more powerful than ever. You two especially were amazing for the village post-death and Autumn was quite good the day after he bought it as well.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:16 PM   #2179
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I thought your responses at times sounded odd but I wasn't about to try and convince anyone of anything this last day as it could have been either you or packer and your vote was more trustworthy. Very nicely played guys.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:16 PM   #2180
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Which wolf threw out Darth's name on day one? One mentioned him and then they went Lathum which I saw was going to cause some issues since Lathum already told Jackal about his role.

I thought, great here it is day one and they are already looking at the seer and bodyguard.

But then we had the Martin incident and mau fake reveal and things got really odd from there for a while.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:17 PM   #2181
cougarfreak
College Starter

Eagle, thanks for taking the time to GM, with all the extra writeups, I am sure it was time consuming.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:18 PM   #2182
Autumn
Head Coach

Yeah, I'm not sure there was anything better the village could have done at this point. Obviously we should have tried to flush Cougar out earlier. But PF didn't have any convincing votes in his favor, and everyone was under the radar enough talking-wise. Damn, not much to do there.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:18 PM   #2183
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
You and Danny were both very Obi-Wanish...we struck you down and you became more powerful than ever. You two especially were amazing for the village post-death and Autumn was quite good the day after he bought it as well.

heh, thanks. I guess I felt more comfortable with the game as a whole knowing I could say whatever with no fear of anything being misconstrued. We could even "interview" people to see their answers. Guess we should have tried that more with the quiet folks. That does it. All quiet people get votes the first day.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:18 PM   #2184
hoopsguy
General Manager

Yeah, good job cougar. I just find it frustrating that we get to the final day and none of the living players want to actually have a discussion. End game is supposed to be fun back-and-forth action, not the chirping of crickets.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:18 PM   #2185
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Your excellent race submissions are the main reason I got to talk as long as I did

They were talking amongst themselves that they needed to get you out of the game and silenced. Then mau kept sending in kick ass instructions (combined with you guys having amazing luck with your rolls and a couple teams imploding).
Old 03-08-2011, 09:19 PM   #2186
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I'm pretty sure it was MartinD. Yeah, day two worked out hilariously for us, which was fine considering how terrible day 1 was. I have to do a post of my two Day/Night 1's from my first two games as a wolf....
Old 03-08-2011, 09:19 PM   #2187
cougarfreak
College Starter

Quote:

Hell yes, I was worried they could keep talking, so I shut up.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:20 PM   #2188
Autumn
Head Coach

Yeah, Hoops, that part of the game always bugs me. It's not in the wolves' favor to say anything at that point, and usually the most talkative villagers are dead. I wish there was some way to continue spurring discussion.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:20 PM   #2189
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:

Thanks, In general, day 4 or so is when things tend to click for me and I think I become very dangerous for the wolves. I tend to be night killed early a lot, so it was nice to be able to contribute even after dying (though it was a lynch)
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:21 PM   #2190
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah, good job cougar. I just find it frustrating that we get to the final day and none of the living players want to actually have a discussion. End game is supposed to be fun back-and-forth action, not the chirping of crickets.

I was glad that I went with the rule of "still in the race and you can still post" or there wouldn't have been any talk today.

I get why cougar was quiet. The only thing that he could have done by talking today is hurt his cause. Packer tred to talk but no one wanted to listen. ntn never talks...
Old 03-08-2011, 09:21 PM   #2191
Autumn
Head Coach

And yes, EF, tons of thanks for running this. I know from my Survivor game that those challenges and instructions took 100x more work than I even anticipated. You were right on time all the time and made the writeups a ton of fun.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:22 PM   #2192
Autumn
Head Coach

I think Packer should have argued his case more. This isn't the stage of the game to go quietly as a villager. It would have been hard to sway anyone, we really didn't have anything to go on. but it might have forced the others to respond at least. I find that the vibe from posts digs up wolves more often than a voting record.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:25 PM   #2193
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Thanks, In general, day 4 or so is when things tend to click for me and I think I become very dangerous for the wolves. I tend to be night killed early a lot, so it was nice to be able to contribute even after dying (though it was a lynch)

I was thinking that actually. That I had never been able to actually witness hoops and Danny as villagers and see them really get down to the nitty-gritty of finding the wolves. It was an honor witnessing.
Autumn too (altho he's not as quickly killed off in games as Danny and hoops)
Old 03-08-2011, 09:26 PM   #2194
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Thanks to all who participated.

This was a lot more work than I expected. It took a couple legs before I finally got a good spread sheet together to track the race (it also got easier as there were fewer teams involved).

I hope it was enjoyable. Was afraid that I made it too confusing.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:27 PM   #2195
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I threw his name out there based on his rapid reactions towards me and then with bhloy doing the same I figured it would be one of the two. We never did follow through with the NK of him though. When we did a piss poor job of submitting our first night kill, I was scrambling to get a better option thrown out and then day two kind of the same thing. Confusion to a certain degree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Which wolf threw out Darth's name on day one? One mentioned him and then they went Lathum which I saw was going to cause some issues since Lathum already told Jackal about his role.

I thought, great here it is day one and they are already looking at the seer and bodyguard.

But then we had the Martin incident and mau fake reveal and things got really odd from there for a while.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:27 PM   #2196
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I was worried about the balance but I guess that worked itself out since we went all the way to the end on this one.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:27 PM   #2197
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

My two wolf games:

Game 1 (Labyrinth 2, also my first WW game):

D1/N1
1. The village gets 3 in the CoT on day 1 after the three telepaths reveal unchallenged (had I realized it at the time, we should have definitely had a wolf reveal as one).
2. We lynch the Phoenix, a villager that rises from the ashes after being lynched, so add another to the CoT.
3. The incidiary device is found the very first night on a wolf, the player sets it off, and kills him.
4. The night kill is blocked by the BG.

Game 2 (this game)
1. The very first vote of the game goes on me.
2. Two wolves on the block D1.
3. mau escapes from the chopping block with a fake reveal, but then a wolf goes down anyway after an error.
4. The night kill is blocked by the BG.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:28 PM   #2198
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Loved the race, EF Loved it to pieces! Kind of wished it was ONLY a race and not a werewolf game. YOu guys ever have a game where you forget about the werewolf part?

Oh yeah, losing your points kinda makes things challenging. The aggression points I obviously didn't like much. They kinda had unbelievable results like listening to a team I would never listen to.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:28 PM   #2199
Autumn
Head Coach

The balance seemed fine, EF.

What happened with the night 1 kill?
Old 03-08-2011, 09:29 PM   #2200
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I threw his name out there based on his rapid reactions towards me and then with bhloy doing the same I figured it would be one of the two. We never did follow through with the NK of him though. When we did a piss poor job of submitting our first night kill, I was scrambling to get a better option thrown out and then day two kind of the same thing. Confusion to a certain degree.

The day one confusion worked out for you in the end though.

You guys killed Darth the right time though; he was scanning another one of you that night, JAG I believe.