Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-17-2006, 05:12 PM   #101
Blade6119
Coordinator

UNVOTE ST. CRONIN

VOTE SWAGGS

I know he doesnt have any votes on him yet, but hes the one who made me a little suspicious. He came in and pushed for a tie, then left without voting(in my scenario so he can vote later when its more clear where his vote will go most unnoticed).

Im not in immediate danger yet, and if reach that point i will vote accordingly. For now though, my vote is on my top suspect.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 05:17 PM   #102
Tyrith
College Starter

Well, at least something got stirred up. Putting a third vote on blade was the only thing I could do that I figured would actually accomplish my goal -- getting people talking some. Stacking a second vote on some random player was unlikely to do much. Now that things have gotten going, I'm going to back off.

UNVOTE BLADE
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 05:22 PM   #103
Tyrith
College Starter

I've found a historical pattern in Werewolf games about people that try to stir up the pot on Day One getting their heads chopped off. I'm going to have to remember this for next time, because I really don't like my position right now.

Swaggs has mentioned that he doesn't like Day One lynches before -- in WW 34, where they're able to have not lynch days, I know he talked about it. He's also usually kind of come-and-go. This all makes me hesistant to join in on Blade's vote. However, I have no further ideas than being suspicious at blade for just being blade. This really sucks, especially since I got myself into trouble now.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:24 PM   #104
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
I've found a historical pattern in Werewolf games about people that try to stir up the pot on Day One getting their heads chopped off. I'm going to have to remember this for next time, because I really don't like my position right now.

Swaggs has mentioned that he doesn't like Day One lynches before -- in WW 34, where they're able to have not lynch days, I know he talked about it. He's also usually kind of come-and-go. This all makes me hesistant to join in on Blade's vote. However, I have no further ideas than being suspicious at blade for just being blade. This really sucks, especially since I got myself into trouble now.
I feel soo bad for you for drawing a little suspicion for doing the same thing i did, trying to get activity and conversation started. Welcome to my world...I will say your vote had far more of a bandwagon feel and not a discussion starter, to be fair.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:24 PM   #105
Swaggs
Coordinator

Catching up now....

(Perhaps it was not a great idea to play in two WW games at the same time, as it can take awhile to get caught up after work. )
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 05:25 PM   #106
Blade6119
Coordinator

Id imagine i can expect a vote from swaggs, so i will have to start working my defense again soon.
Demotivation
Old 10-17-2006, 05:26 PM   #107
Tyrith
College Starter

One further note: Like Blade, if I was a bad guy why would I take the risk of stirring up more trouble by starting a potential dogpile like that? Stuff like that tends to get rooted out and whoever started it slaughtered when they come up good.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:28 PM   #108
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
I feel soo bad for you for drawing a little suspicion for doing the same thing i did, trying to get activity and conversation started. Welcome to my world...I will say your vote had far more of a bandwagon feel and not a discussion starter, to be fair.

True, but I couldn't explain my reasoning at the time, or it wouldn't work. My plan was to vote for you, see what happened, and then unvote unless I had some good reason not to. We had to at least start talking, but the threat of force is no good if everyone knows that you won't go through with it. I still have no idea, but at least we're thinking.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:30 PM   #109
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
True, but I couldn't explain my reasoning at the time, or it wouldn't work. My plan was to vote for you, see what happened, and then unvote unless I had some good reason not to. We had to at least start talking, but the threat of force is no good if everyone knows that you won't go through with it. I still have no idea, but at least we're thinking.

It was more a matter of timing, i started defending myself as soon as i got home from my classes today. I understand what your stated reasons are, but at the same time i think a vote to make it 2-2 would create more discussion then a 3-1 vote...that just creates a bandwagon if you ask me, and i am lucky one didnt form before i could stop it.
Demotivation
Old 10-17-2006, 05:31 PM   #110
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Id imagine i can expect a vote from swaggs, so i will have to start working my defense again soon.

Blade, I'm giving you a clean slate for this game. Last time we played together, it got out of hand and was silly, so today is a new day. Unless I get piled on and have to vote for you, I am not going to today, since you are being active in this game.

Since we are not looking for a tie today, which makes sense in hindsight since we need the keys to get out of here, I am just going to randomly vote:

[b]Vote Neuqua
Old 10-17-2006, 05:32 PM   #111
Swaggs
Coordinator

Well... that worked well.

Should read: Vote Neuqua
Old 10-17-2006, 05:32 PM   #112
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
It was more a matter of timing, i started defending myself as soon as i got home from my classes today. I understand what your stated reasons are, but at the same time i think a vote to make it 2-2 would create more discussion then a 3-1 vote...that just creates a bandwagon if you ask me, and i am lucky one didnt form before i could stop it.

Yeah, that wasn't so smart in retrospect.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:34 PM   #113
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Blade, I'm giving you a clean slate for this game. Last time we played together, it got out of hand and was silly, so today is a new day. Unless I get piled on and have to vote for you, I am not going to today, since you are being active in this game.

Since we are not looking for a tie today, which makes sense in hindsight since we need the keys to get out of here, I am just going to randomly vote:

[b]Vote Neuqua

This screams ALERT ALERT ALERT to me. We're not going for a tie...so you're going to divide the vote even more? Low vote totals create ties, not fix them. I want to see if/how blade reacts to this, but I am now suspicious.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:39 PM   #114
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post

[b]Vote Neuqua

I was referencing the fact i voted for you just then, not some expectation for you to hold some ill feelings over past games.

As for your vote, its at least not someone with 0 votes, so nequa now has a little pressure on him just like myself and tyrith. I for one like having 3-4 suspects really on the block, and would like to see how the pieces fall. Now, i dont think im going to get all the random votes to swtich, but i would like them to. Close votes with 3 suspects, which we have right now, can be quite useful in time.

No tyrith, i don't see it as being as alarming as you do. But he knows as well i, and possibly others, had him under the microscope so i didnt expect any different regardless of his role.
Demotivation
Old 10-17-2006, 05:41 PM   #115
Tyrith
College Starter

Shit. I didn't realize Neuqua had another vote. WHY AM I BEING SO DUMB TODAY!?
Old 10-17-2006, 05:41 PM   #116
st.cronin
General Manager

I think 2 suspects would be better. Three suspects, and if one of them is a wolf, you pretty much guarantee that he won't get lynched.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 05:46 PM   #117
Lorena
Unregistered

I need to go to the gym, but should be back at 8:00pm eastern time. I was kind of expecting a semi-slow day today, but now I have to catch up a page and a half, so I don't know where things stand right now.

Quote:
Would you be willing to swap onto someone with a vote already with me to create a tie, and thefore a shot of me not dying based on other players?

Well, I'm not in favor of ties. We'll see where things are by the time I come back. I just didn't like how several people jumped to get you lynched.

Cya'll in about an hour or so.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 05:59 PM   #118
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Sorry, forgot to mention the non vote penalty. If you miss the vote you are automaticlly the person designated to attempt the key if there is one discovered but if you are succesfull you do not gain immunity.

The answer to number 2 basiclly means if you attempt to open the one lock that doesn't work something bad will happen. This is in the spirit of the movie where there are several bobby traps.

SO for example there are 3 keys labeled 1,2,3. Two of them will succesfully open the doors the third one will not. The key numbers have been pre determined.

Lathum, what happens if someone does not vote and a key is NOT found?
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 05:59 PM   #119
Tyrith
College Starter

Blade only has one vote now, and I don't think he's likely to get much momentum again, so I wouldn't worry about him too much.
Old 10-17-2006, 06:00 PM   #120
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

dola,

Only person I'm showing who has not voted is Neuqua and I want to know if he gets a free pass if we don't hit a key.
Old 10-17-2006, 06:02 PM   #121
Tyrith
College Starter

Gram, that's what I get out of the rules.
Old 10-17-2006, 06:04 PM   #122
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I gotta go for a run and should be back before lynch. Although, for now I am okay with leaving my vote where it is on the non voter, which as far as I can say is the least helpful thing I have seen so far for the prisoners.
Old 10-17-2006, 06:38 PM   #123
Blade6119
Coordinator

Well nequa, now that your here lets hear something.
Demotivation
Old 10-17-2006, 06:45 PM   #124
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Catching up now, just recovered from the Bears comeback hangover
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 07:01 PM   #125
Blade6119
Coordinator

soooo, did nequa just leave again?
Demotivation
Old 10-17-2006, 07:04 PM   #126
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

At this point, I'm almost voting to stay alive am I not? Unless I've miscalculated it's between myself and Tyrith? Someone tell me I'm wrong and I'll try to make a more informed (for day 1 atleast) vote.

Vote Tyrith
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Old 10-17-2006, 07:08 PM   #127
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Blade, why would you have killed me if you were a wolf? Now the wolves are going to kill me tonight and try to frame you. Thanks for throwing me under the bus.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 07:09 PM   #128
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Since Nequa just voted, if Tyrinth and Nequa are tied with 2 votes each, then ill change off Blade and vote for one of them. I just dont know which one yet. We have less than an hour and i definitly don't want a tie.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 07:11 PM   #129
Tyrith
College Starter

I have three votes, Neq has two. I will have to tie it, and LSG is probably going to vote to kill me here unless something changes.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:12 PM   #130
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Since Nequa just voted, if Tyrinth and Nequa are tied with 2 votes each, then ill change off Blade and vote for one of them. I just dont know which one yet. We have less than an hour and i definitly don't want a tie.

I think Tyrith has three and Neugua has two. But Tygrith took his vote off Blade and has not recaste. So he can throw a vote on Neugua to make a tie.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:13 PM   #131
Tyrith
College Starter

I'm not going to tie for the sake of tying, at least not now. I'd really rather come up with something more constructive than self defense, if we still have time.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:15 PM   #132
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Blade, why would you have killed me if you were a wolf? Now the wolves are going to kill me tonight and try to frame you. Thanks for throwing me under the bus.

Because you are a fairly rescourceful player, but your not considered on the experience level of players like cronin and sndvls. You would make a solid kill that would generally be considered against what is expected of me as a wolf.

I highly doubt the wolves will kill you, no worries. I have 4 people i expect to be chosen from.
Demotivation
Old 10-17-2006, 07:15 PM   #133
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

I agree with Tyrith, I only put my vote to him for the sake of being able to still play, I do not necessarily think he is an assistant.

Truth be told though, right now I have zero idea who is an assistant and who isn't. Day 1 is always the toughest.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:18 PM   #134
Tyrith
College Starter

Hrm. This is the last time I say or do anything on Day One other than casting the prototypical "random vote". All doing anything remotely interesting on Day One seems to do is get you killed.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:25 PM   #135
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Hrm. This is the last time I say or do anything on Day One other than casting the prototypical "random vote". All doing anything remotely interesting on Day One seems to do is get you killed.

There's time left.

Anyway, you are mostly right about day 1, but it's not always true, and what you did wasn't exactly "interesting." It was more like "oddly suspicious," at least to me.

knives out
Old 10-17-2006, 07:30 PM   #136
Tyrith
College Starter

I figured I could get blade to react, because he's active. Putting pressure on people that don't talk much doesn't usually work; on day one there's usually some "please don't kill me" post followed by silence. I never intended to actually kill him; if I did I would have left my vote on him and let things develop. In retrospect it was fairly dumb, but eh, I was at least trying to do something.

It goes back to what I think I heard Saldana talking about -- the active people tend to be the ones to get killed the most often, and the more quiet players are usually allowed to live because there can be any momentum stirred up to rise against them. It's viciously annoying because it makes Day One a totally roulette wheel, which is why we might be better off with a tie, although that won't happen now. I didn't use to like Night 0, but after reading WW34, it makes more sense to me.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:32 PM   #137
Tyrith
College Starter

Future possible strategy for good guys in games where lynches can be avoided, and there are mechanics where you can catch people in night kills: Avoid any lynches for 2-3 days, work to try to get evidence at night, and then start killing people when there's actually some positive advantage to doing it. Especially in days like today the wolves can make sure no one dies, because even one vote can swing it, and when villager vs. villager happens they don't have to proactively DO anything to get what they want. Random Day One lynches are a terrible strategy for the good guys based on sheer numbers -- the only advantage is the small chance that a dogpile develops on an actual bad guy.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:41 PM   #138
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
Lathum, what happens if someone does not vote and a key is NOT found?

nothing would happen, but miss 2 votes in a row and they will be replaced
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 07:55 PM   #139
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

current vote counts

tyrinth 3 ( saldana, St.Cronin, Neuqua)
Neuqua 2( swaggs, gramm)
BLade 1 LSG)
sndvls 1 ( dodgerchick)
Izulde 1 ( oliegirl)
Dodgerchick 1 ( sndvls)
swaggs 1 ( blade )

5 minutes to deadline
Old 10-17-2006, 07:56 PM   #140
Lorena
Unregistered

OT

Has anyone seen the Denny Green meltdown? Well Antmeister put a WW twist on it:

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=53467

view post # 3 and #27
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 07:59 PM   #141
Tyrith
College Starter

VOTE NEUQUA
Old 10-17-2006, 08:00 PM   #142
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
OT

Has anyone seen the Denny Green meltdown? Well Antmeister put a WW twist on it:

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=53467

view post # 3 and #27

very nice

knives out
Old 10-17-2006, 08:00 PM   #143
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
current vote counts

tyrinth 3 ( saldana, St.Cronin, Neuqua)
Neuqua 2( swaggs, gramm)
BLade 1 LSG)
sndvls 1 ( dodgerchick)
Izulde 1 ( oliegirl)
Dodgerchick 1 ( sndvls)
swaggs 1 ( blade )

5 minutes to deadline

This has 2 people not voting, Neuqua and who?
Old 10-17-2006, 08:01 PM   #144
Tyrith
College Starter

Sorry to do that, folks. But if you have to spend tomorrow burning me down, well, that's one less dead good guy.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:01 PM   #145
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

deadline
Old 10-17-2006, 08:02 PM   #146
Tyrith
College Starter

And the missing vote is izulde's vote for olie, post 63.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:03 PM   #147
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
This has 2 people not voting, Neuqua and who?

the above didn't reflect oliegirl
Old 10-17-2006, 08:09 PM   #148
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

There is much heated discussion and confusion about why you are here and how to get out. Accusations fly around about who may be an assistant in this evil plan and who must die in order for you all to live. Tyrinth becomes the object of suspiscoun but his late vote on neuque causes you all to be deadlocked. You all decide it's best for the descion to kill someone to be the majority and detirmine no one will die today. You all look at the door with its 3 locks remaining and wonder if you will live throught the night.

Day stage has ended, all PM's must be sent by 9 AM EST

Final vote

Neuqua 3 ( swaggs, gramm, tyrith)
Tyrith 3 ( saldana, St. Cronin, Neuqua)
Sndvls 1( dodgerchick)
Izulde 1 ( oliegirl)
Oliegirl 1 ( Izulde)
Swaggs 1 (blade)
Dodgerchick 1 ( sndvls)
Blade 1 ( LSG)
Old 10-17-2006, 08:14 PM   #149