Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
No vote for path it appears.

well i guess he'll be day an easy target for a day 2 lynch
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 08:01 PM   #102
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

oh and time...

i bet barkeep is trick or treating so this might be delayed.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:11 PM   #103
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post

I'd be a bit more lenient, with it being Halloween and all. He might've gone out trick or treating with his family too for all we know.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 08:13 PM   #104
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Someone is looking for an easy lynch target.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 08:14 PM   #105
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I am long past the tricker treat stage. Results up shortly.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 08:17 PM   #106
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I am long past the tricker treat stage. Results up shortly.

Did you get any good candy? What did you dress up as?
Old 10-31-2006, 08:19 PM   #107
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I have to stay home and make sure my german shephard does not attack any trick or treaters
Old 10-31-2006, 08:33 PM   #108
Barkeep49
Coordinator

The first day is an easy day. The coaches don't really know the players and the players don't really know the coaches. Today proves to be a day without any contact. Tempers flair a little, this is your competition, but no real alliances seem to have been formed. The coach's claim they are loooking for people who will fit in, but there is no consensus about who that might be.

When the day ends the players go to the locker room. The tempers which have been held in check during the day start to grow more heated. They all surround saldana. The guy didn't even come into the locker room. What is wrong with him. People start throwing things at his locker. First a clear, then some shoulder pads, at one point a few jockstaps go at it, until finally after one particularly hard thrown pad hits the lock in just the right way and it comes undone. The locker flies open and reveals saldana's cell phone.

A quick look through the contact's list and a whole bunch of people who live around FMHS is found. Seems like he has an awful lot of friends there. He expressed no interest in the playbook, however. So it becomes clear that saldana was the Sabotuer.

Night 2 under way. Deadline 7 AM Wednesday
Old 10-31-2006, 08:36 PM   #109
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Hah, I guess thats a lucky day 1 lynch.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:37 PM   #110
st.cronin
General Manager

well now that was lucky

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 08:39 PM   #111
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

wow, i dont know what to say about that. Good thing he is having that baby!
Old 10-31-2006, 08:41 PM   #112
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Barkeep, would you mind posting the voting results? I am going to start paying more attention to those this game
Old 10-31-2006, 08:42 PM   #113
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

(1) Alan - Lathum (84)
(1) Blade - Ntndeacon (66)
(1) Sndvls - Neuqua (72)
(2) Spleen - Saldana (73), Lonestargirl (75)
(1) ntndeacon - Sndvls (74)
(1) Path - Tyrith (76)
(1) Lonestargirl - Alan (77)
(3) Saldana - Spleen (78), Blade (90), St.cronin (94)

(64) St.cronin votes alan (1)
(66) ntndeacon votes blade (1)
(72) neuqua votes Sndvls (1)
(73) Saldana votes spleen (1)
(74) Sndvls votes ntndeacon (1)
(75) Lonestargirl votes Spleen (2)
(76) Tyrith votes path (1)
(77) Alan votes Lonestargirl (1)
(78) Spleen votes Saldana (1)
(81) blade votes ntndeacon (2)
(84) Lathum votes Alan (2)
(90) Blade UNVOTES Ntndeacon (1) ***
(90) Blade votes saldana (2)
(94) St.cronin UNVOTES Alan (1) ***
(94) St.cronin votes saldana (3)
Old 10-31-2006, 08:49 PM   #114
Lorena
Unregistered

Aww man, I wanted saldana's role

Oh well, if anyone bows out barkeep, I'd like to be considered as an alternate.

GRATS SALDANA!!! Looking forward to the pix
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 08:57 PM   #115
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Well it seems that nobody wants to talk tonight.... like its a holiday or something. Goodnight
Old 10-31-2006, 09:18 PM   #116
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I dont have much to say. Blade and St.cronin voted saldana because he had to leave the game, so that tells us nothing. Saldana's role is one that the bad guys would not know who he was so Spleen's voting for Saldana doesn't mean much more to me than Saldana had voted for Spleen. Even though Saldana knows who the bad guys are, his voting for Spleen doesn't do much to clear him either since throw away votes on the same team is common on day 1.

So.. I really don't have much analysis other than on the conversation which has been light today. We'll have to see what happens tonight.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:20 PM   #117
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Final count as requested:

Alan – lathum (84)
Blade – ntn (66)
SnDvls – Neuqua (72)
Spleen – saldana (73), Lonestar (75)
NTN – SnDvls (74),)
Path – Tyrith (76)
Lonestar – Alan (77)
Saldana – spleen (78), Blade (90), st.cronin (94)
No vote: path

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 11-01-2006 at 06:39 AM.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:29 PM   #118
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

You missed post 94 Barkeep
Old 10-31-2006, 09:35 PM   #119
SnDvls
Pro Starter

congrats saldana

but it looks like we got a great lynch today too.
very luck one for day one, but well worth it.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 11:44 PM   #120
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No vote for path it appears.

Not that it may matter much, but I was speaking a little with path outside of FOFC today, and he mentioned he was having troubles logging on here. I wasn't having the same problem, so I don't know what that's about. He may not have been able to get in here to paeticpate today. Hopefully he can come on tomorrow.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 06:38 AM   #121
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
You missed post 94 Barkeep
Weird. I remember marking it down, as I did not use the tiebreaker rule. Post has been edited to reflect correct vote total.
Old 11-01-2006, 06:42 AM   #122
Barkeep49
Coordinator

It's day 2 of tryouts, however one of you is not there. It seems that the coach's son, Tyrith, is missing. Word quickly spreads: Tyrith got suspendedfor the rest of the week. Seems that somebody tipped school authorities off to the idea that he had a knife in his bag. Tyrith denied it was his, but as part of the school's zero tolerance policy the fact that Tyrith had a butter knife in his bag is enough to kick him out of school. He was seen leaving claiming someone must have planted it on him, all to no avail.

As you all face the glare of the coach today you think to yourself, shame we lost a good guy, but I'm glad I don't have to face that stare after getting suspended.

Day 2 is underway. 9 PM Deadline.
Old 11-01-2006, 07:17 AM   #123
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

wow suspended for a butcher knife...
Old 11-01-2006, 07:28 AM   #124
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

So Lonestargirl, after seeing the votes on day 1 and Tyrith being removed last night who do you think looks the most suspicious today?
Old 11-01-2006, 07:39 AM   #125
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

well part of me says path's retaliation, but i dont think path has even been online. Then i think it must be a player that has experience, but if i was a wolf, being an amatuer, i would have gone after you or blade. You know, somebody more experienced. But Tyrnth was relatively a newbie, which makes me think a newbie picked him to die...
Old 11-01-2006, 07:44 AM   #126
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

What would path be retaliating against? You said path would be a good lynch target yesterday for not voting and then link him to Tyrith's death. Was there some blowup between Tyrith and Path in some previous game that I don't remember? I don't see any interaction between the two in this game.
Old 11-01-2006, 07:54 AM   #127
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

no, just that tyrnth voted for path, that is it.... but i dont think that is a scenerio to waste time on
Old 11-01-2006, 08:00 AM   #128
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

AlanT, but as tyrnth as the coaches son, he could have helped the moles by kicking players off, isn't that kind of stupid for the wolves to kill him?
Old 11-01-2006, 08:19 AM   #129
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
AlanT, but as tyrnth as the coaches son, he could have helped the moles by kicking players off, isn't that kind of stupid for the wolves to kill him?

If he was bad, having duke ability would help them. Not being bad, having duke ability would hurt them possibly (as long as he didnt end up duking another random good guy. Generally early game the wolves try to guess at who the seer might be and try to night kill him.

This night kill doesn't feel like an experienced night kill decision to me, but maybe there is some ultra super strategy that I am missing here.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:27 AM   #130
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I think it may be a bold strategy by an expierienced player to look new. As for today I am going to look at the people who voted for Saldana after he backed out. To me that is a wolf-ish thing to do since they know he isn't a wolf and they know he can't realy defend himself and they can hide behind the "well if he was gonna back out he is as good a choice as any" defense.

The combination of the 2 bring me to one player.

VOTE BLADE

This seems like the kind of play he would make.

I am voting early since I am leaving for work and have family in town so I may not be around later tonight. Vote is subject to change barring info and my ability to get online.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 08:30 AM   #131
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
If he was bad, having duke ability would help them. Not being bad, having duke ability would hurt them possibly (as long as he didnt end up duking another random good guy. Generally early game the wolves try to guess at who the seer might be and try to night kill him.

This night kill doesn't feel like an experienced night kill decision to me, but maybe there is some ultra super strategy that I am missing here.

I'd say it was a very risky move IMO.
going after a known role (duke) and the wolves themselves knew that he was good too, and with the logical choice for the bodyguard to cover him made for a high risk kill on night one.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:31 AM   #132
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Lathum, just for curiosity sake, why would you differentiate much between Blade and Cronin? Do you feel Cronin wouldn't make as bold of a strategy there with that move? Both moved off to Saldana at the end (was Cronin's vote as the lynch decider). Just curious to see why you single out Blade, when I considered this approach myself, but I saw two different people and not just one.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:34 AM   #133
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Lathum, just for curiosity sake, why would you differentiate much between Blade and Cronin? Do you feel Cronin wouldn't make as bold of a strategy there with that move? Both moved off to Saldana at the end (was Cronin's vote as the lynch decider). Just curious to see why you single out Blade, when I considered this approach myself, but I saw two different people and not just one.

IMO killing the duke would be the kind of calculated play Blade would make, however I debated between the 2.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 08:55 AM   #134
path12
Coordinator

I couldn't get in all day yesterday and then was gone at night. Hopefully I can get in when I get to work today otherwise I might have to drop.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:24 AM   #135
st.cronin
General Manager

Tyrith is NOT a newbie. He's a very good playe, imo one of the best.

knives out
Old 11-01-2006, 09:37 AM   #136
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Not really a lot to go on so far on day 2. Most people have been pretty quiet so far. I'm going to vote Lonestargirl not as much because she has been talking more, but more so that I don't really agree with most of her analysis so far. She feels to me like she was trying to push path as a lynch candidate subtly a few times.

Nothing really good to go on so this is just barely better than a day 1 vote for me.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:38 AM   #137
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

sorry, I know its hard to see the votes if in the middle of a paragraph. Just repeating it here to make life easier on Barkeep

Vote Lonestargirl
Old 11-01-2006, 09:38 AM   #138
Tyrith
College Starter

And for all my skill, my last three games I have survived a combined total of five days. I suspected this would happen, best of luck to you all.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 09:45 AM   #139
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
And for all my skill, my last three games I have survived a combined total of five days. I suspected this would happen, best of luck to you all.

poor form by the BG in my opinion to let the duke die on night one. especially if it's a know person/role. I least give our seer a chance to check him out to see if he's a wolf or not.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:46 AM   #140
Tyrith
College Starter

BTW, thanks cronin
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 09:46 AM   #141
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Not really a lot to go on so far on day 2. Most people have been pretty quiet so far. I'm going to vote Lonestargirl not as much because she has been talking more, but more so that I don't really agree with most of her analysis so far. She feels to me like she was trying to push path as a lynch candidate subtly a few times.

Nothing really good to go on so this is just barely better than a day 1 vote for me.

This is exactly the kind of rationale that got you in so much trouble last game. You didn't agree with my analysis, but that didn't make me a wolf. You have to go one step farther and see wolfish motivations behind the analysis - if you can't do that, this is a bad vote.

knives out
Old 11-01-2006, 09:54 AM   #142
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
This is exactly the kind of rationale that got you in so much trouble last game. You didn't agree with my analysis, but that didn't make me a wolf. You have to go one step farther and see wolfish motivations behind the analysis - if you can't do that, this is a bad vote.

You don't see any motivations behind the analysis? I do at least. However unlike last game, I'm not going to overpush on a choice that I'm just taking a guess at. Instead of saying I have a bad vote, why not tell me why its a bad vote, or tell me who is a better vote? I sure don't know who else would be a better vote right now. The only other people I had considered was you and Blade due to the reasons I mentioned when talking to Lathum.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:55 AM   #143
Blade6119
Coordinator

VOTE LATHUM
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 09:57 AM   #144
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

dola, I'll explain what my strategy was last game when its over. I don't want to talk about it yet because its still running and I don't want to say something while "dead" that might unfairly influence the game. I'll talk about it more in that thread when it ends..

Needless to say I'm not using that strategy this game, but it wasn't really your analysis or you that I had a problem with that game. This vote for lonestargirl isn't really anything like my vote for you last game. That said, I just voted her based off of her feeling to me like she was trying too hard to be helpful with her analysis.

I could be wrong! I'm open to other suggestions
Old 11-01-2006, 09:57 AM   #145
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
VOTE LATHUM

Reason beside retalitation?
looks like a major vote and run here.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:00 AM   #146
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
Reason beside retalitation?
looks like a major vote and run here.

So far my impression is Blade is trying a different style this game. He's purposely playing more UtR this game. Possible reasons why:

1) To live longer this game
2) He's bad and trying to keep away from the lynch
3) He's just busier and doesn't have his normal time to attack and fight back on attacks.
4) He just wants to try a different style for fun (like I did last game).

He clearly hasn't been driving conversation as much as usual, and this vote is without his usual explanation.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:00 AM   #147
st.cronin
General Manager

vote path

It's a longshot, but it would be a canny play. Nothing else to go on yet.

knives out
Old 11-01-2006, 10:03 AM   #148
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
So far my impression is Blade is trying a different style this game. He's purposely playing more UtR this game. Possible reasons why:

1) To live longer this game
2) He's bad and trying to keep away from the lynch
3) He's just busier and doesn't have his normal time to attack and fight back on attacks.
4) He just wants to try a different style for fun (like I did last game).

He clearly hasn't been driving conversation as much as usual, and this vote is without his usual explanation.

I stated before the game i wouldnt be as active, long before roles were sent out.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 10:03 AM   #149
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
vote path

It's a longshot, but it would be a canny play. Nothing else to go on yet.

I guess this is why you had a problem with my vote and analysis? You actually do agree with Lonestargirl that Path is a good candidate? Considering he wasn't even on the board yesterday and had someone not even in the game let us know he was having connection problems?

Not being over-agressive here, just understanding where you are coming from. Path to me feels like an easy scape-goat vote for wolfs to jump on today, which is why it was odd to me that you went for him.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:04 AM   #150
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
I stated before the game i wouldnt be as active, long before roles were sent out.

that's fine if you won't be active, but give us a reason for the vote.
if it's a vote back that's fine, but let us know.