Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-03-2007, 09:14 PM   #101
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
What about my required 6 times a game reveals? Are those good?

sure as long as I can tell which one is true...
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 09:34 PM   #102
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
BK, I agree with you however I don't thhink role reveals are ever a good thing
Well then that's where we'll have to disagree on basic villager strategy then.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 09:34 PM   #103
Barkeep49
Coordinator

The board shows someone as having been on even up to 3-5 minutes I think after they've left.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:50 PM   #104
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Sorry I wasn't around at lynch time. I got hooked into Guitar Hero 2 and I could tear myself away. I've also got an all day meeting tomorrow (if I remember correctly), but I will try to break away to check in if possible.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 12:12 AM   #105
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Loooong day. Expect two more the next couple. So I hope I can contribute while I am here tonight. What a weird day. No bad blood at all? No ripping comments? Are we truly sheep then?

I guess I must be then, too, because I'm not inclined to vote for Alan. I understand his reasoning completely for the switch, although since we have no information for what happens in a tie, it might have been a good move to leave it as some huge free-for-all tie. Of course, Alan's decision was not the one that removed that, but path's (albeit with goading).

I side with BK in a hidden roles game like this. It might be a good idea to do some role revealing if you have one, so long as it is not a truly critical one (if that is possible). I don't advocate seers and bodyguards and dukes coming out, but if there is some other fairly innocuous roles out there, it might be a good idea to reveal them. I still don't have a role that I am aware of (FWIW).

In any case, I don't think any such reveals should happen until a night phase has passed, though. We may learn some things of value tonight that could make this strategy more risky or moot.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 04:02 AM   #106
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Still waiting for the Nigha ctions but guess I just have to head to bed.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 08:06 AM   #107
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
Still waiting for the Nigha ctions but guess I just have to head to bed.

I, too, was hoping to see some night actions, as I am egtting ready for work right now. I will check back in before I leave, but I may need to put in another pre-day vote. I'm still hoping a night phase will provide us with more information on who to vote for, because we have precious little right now.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:08 AM   #108
st.cronin
General Manager

results coming - sorry for the lateness

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 08:16 AM   #109
st.cronin
General Manager

You awake at dawn, and are horrified to discover that spleen1015 is missing! In his chambers, you discover all his attendants, slaughtered, and spleen - turned inside out.

Day 2 has begun - vote deadline 8pm ET (really)

knives out
Old 01-04-2007, 08:23 AM   #110
st.cronin
General Manager

2 game notes

Schedule for the weekend will be the same as during the week. 8 pm voting deadlines, 8 am night deadlines.

Also if you have a night action available and are NOT planning to use it, please send me a pm telling me you choose not to use it. I like to process the night right away, but I have to wait to hear from everybody to do so.

Thank you!

knives out
Old 01-04-2007, 08:31 AM   #111
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
results coming - sorry for the lateness

Don't worry about it. I remember how hard night phases were to figure out as a GM.

I have no idea how other GMs get it done, including PMs, so fast.

Old 01-04-2007, 08:33 AM   #112
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Alas, the death of spleen also gives me little information I can use right now.

I will have to go with the UTR vote, and VOTE RPIFAN

It's a crappy vote, though, and don't blame RPI if he turns it around on me. I am hoping we get some more information from revealing any other pertinent information which may have come up last night. It was a quiet and dull night for me.

See everyone tonight.

Old 01-04-2007, 08:35 AM   #113
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Also dull and quiet here. It's clear people are upholding their pledges to play a quieter game, which certainly does not feel like it's helping the good guys at this point.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:42 AM   #114
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Well last night's kill was bad for me, but probably good overall for the light all things considered. With it being a hidden roles game, I am unsure if we'll know when our important roles are killed off, but I can safely tell people that spleen was not an important role.

Its bad for me because Spleen and I both got the same starter PM. Neither of us had any special abilities and simply started out knowing the other was on the side of light.

So we didn't lose our seer or bodyguard or anything last night.

I also received an interesting PM last night that named someone that I had vivid dreams about. I am not quite sure what to make of it. My first guesses are either that person is our seer or a seer type role who scanned me, or perhaps it was the person responsible for killing Spleen and somehow I dreamt about his death.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 08:43 AM   #115
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I was wrong about my all day meeting which is really tomorrow, so I should be here all day.

I think Alan's late move yesterday is worth watching. His reasoning for moving the vore was fine, but it would also be a good bad guy play. Worth watching at least...
Old 01-04-2007, 08:49 AM   #116
Barkeep49
Coordinator

So Alan you're saying we won't learn the roles of killed people?
Old 01-04-2007, 08:54 AM   #117
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
So Alan you're saying we won't learn the roles of killed people?

Well so far we've just been told that someone was on the side of the light or not. So since nothing else has been mentioned, I am guessing that is the case. Also I wasn't given a role name or anything such myself, just a description of being a normal Aes Sedai, being on the side of the light and having no special abilities. So I am guessing people are going to be revealed as on side of light or not from what we have seen so far.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:07 AM   #118
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Well so far we've just been told that someone was on the side of the light or not. So since nothing else has been mentioned, I am guessing that is the case. Also I wasn't given a role name or anything such myself, just a description of being a normal Aes Sedai, being on the side of the light and having no special abilities. So I am guessing people are going to be revealed as on side of light or not from what we have seen so far.

This matches my interpretation of the rules. We get to know the good/bad affiliation of the player, but not what their role was. I rather like this setup since fake reveals will be tougher.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:20 AM   #119
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Just to jumpstart things a bit today...

Spleen voted for Path yesterday along with AlanT. Since Path was good, we can probably assume that there was no real good reason to kill Spleen. There is at least a slight possibility that Alan may have wanted to kill Spleen to make it look like he himself may be an eventual target.

LSG voted for Spleen. I would guess that LSG wouldn't vote for Spleen and then kill him later in a night action. If she was bad, she would probably not want to continue their association with a death. At this point, she is slightly higher than neutral in my mind.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:25 AM   #120
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
Just to jumpstart things a bit today...

Spleen voted for Path yesterday along with AlanT. Since Path was good, we can probably assume that there was no real good reason to kill Spleen. There is at least a slight possibility that Alan may have wanted to kill Spleen to make it look like he himself may be an eventual target.

LSG voted for Spleen. I would guess that LSG wouldn't vote for Spleen and then kill him later in a night action. If she was bad, she would probably not want to continue their association with a death. At this point, she is slightly higher than neutral in my mind.

Spleen and I did not have PM abilities together. Just knowledge of each other. So we didn't really vote together or have any conversation about who to vote for. My vote for path was independant of him voting for him based on the flawed reasons I gave yesterday
Old 01-04-2007, 09:26 AM   #121
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I think we learned little yesterday based on the spread of the votes and lack of discussion.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:52 AM   #122
Lorena
Unregistered

I was kind of expecting a PM considering that my initial PM stated I started off good in the beginning... oh well.

I know LSG and Spleen have had a history, so I'm not entirely sure if his death last night had anything to do with that.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 09:59 AM   #123
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Spleen and I did not have PM abilities together. Just knowledge of each other. So we didn't really vote together or have any conversation about who to vote for. My vote for path was independant of him voting for him based on the flawed reasons I gave yesterday

I forgot that you mentioned having knowledge of Spleen, but I find that situation interesting as well. Two people with knowledge of each other in the game (the only two?) and one of them gets killed while coincidentally voting with the other.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:59 AM   #124
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
I was kind of expecting a PM considering that my initial PM stated I started off good in the beginning... oh well.

I know LSG and Spleen have had a history, so I'm not entirely sure if his death last night had anything to do with that.

I don't think I understand the first part of your statement here. I am good, but fully wasn't expecting any PMs. The fact I got one still is befuddling me some since its nothing to do with my role as far as I am aware.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:00 AM   #125
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

It could have, but I would expect LSG to stay far away from Spleen if she was bad. There is just too much of a connection there to go after him first.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:06 AM   #126
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I forgot that you mentioned having knowledge of Spleen, but I find that situation interesting as well. Two people with knowledge of each other in the game (the only two?) and one of them gets killed while coincidentally voting with the other.

I don't know that I read anything much from that. I looked back over and think both of us made sure to not clue anyone in to our affiliation. I wondered this morning for a bit after the night actions were processed if I might have said or done something that got spleen killed, but I don't think there was anything to draw attention to him based on what I said yesterday. I don't think their night kill of him had much to do with me personally.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:15 AM   #127
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
I don't think I understand the first part of your statement here. I am good, but fully wasn't expecting any PMs. The fact I got one still is befuddling me some since its nothing to do with my role as far as I am aware.

My PM said that at the beginning I would have no abilities. I'm not entirely sure what that means but I interpreted as I might get a PM at some point. Maybe it doesn't mean jack... who knows.

Quote:
It could have, but I would expect LSG to stay far away from Spleen if she was bad. There is just too much of a connection there to go after him first.

Baddies do some strange things sometimes.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:19 AM   #128
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I don't know that I read anything much from that. I looked back over and think both of us made sure to not clue anyone in to our affiliation. I wondered this morning for a bit after the night actions were processed if I might have said or done something that got spleen killed, but I don't think there was anything to draw attention to him based on what I said yesterday. I don't think their night kill of him had much to do with me personally.

Well, it would have much to do with you personally if you killed him. No accusations yet, but I am wondering outloud to find out what other people think.

You may very well be telling the truth (as it would be easier to keep quiet if you are bad), but you could also be planting the seeds of being good in hopes of people never really suspecting you.

Why did you mention that you knew of him initially? Does that provide any benefit to the good team, or are you just trying to associate yourself with a known good guy?
Old 01-04-2007, 10:19 AM   #129
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Dodger perhaps the trigger for your role hasn't happened yet? Perhaps you truly have no role?
Old 01-04-2007, 10:20 AM   #130
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Brian I've been struggling with Alan's play as well since I could see him doing it as a bad guy.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:21 AM   #131
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
My PM said that at the beginning I would have no abilities. I'm not entirely sure what that means but I interpreted as I might get a PM at some point. Maybe it doesn't mean jack... who knows.

Baddies do some strange things sometimes.

Ah ok, your PM is worded differently than mine then. Mine just says I have no special abilities. I see what you are saying now that it leads you to think you might gain some at some point.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:23 AM   #132
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well, it would have much to do with you personally if you killed him. No accusations yet, but I am wondering outloud to find out what other people think.

You may very well be telling the truth (as it would be easier to keep quiet if you are bad), but you could also be planting the seeds of being good in hopes of people never really suspecting you.

Why did you mention that you knew of him initially? Does that provide any benefit to the good team, or are you just trying to associate yourself with a known good guy?

I simply stated my affiliation with him when I did because with him dead, it shouldn't buy me any trust at all. I didn't put it out there with the expectation of buying trust, but more so I am wondering if it has anything to do with the PM I received last night.

A reveal like mine is one that doesn't hurt good guys any or help bad guys any to put out now at this point and it would probably seem or feel completely bogus if I put it out there if my neck was in a noose.

I'm not asking to buy trust from my reveal, and simply didn't see any reason to hide my information any longer since it didn't hurt or help anyone by revealing it. I would think a much bigger statement for my being good will be the lack of anyone coming out and saying I am bad today or the next two days.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:26 AM   #133
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

I think I got a similar initial PM like Dodgerchick's (and probably others, it sounds like). My PM doesn't say I'll get any abilities, but it hints that I could in the future. I was hoping something would happen last night to trigger a change for me, but no dice.
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 10:27 AM   #134
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I can't help but think this is an attempt by AlanT to gain some trust by saying he was linked with a known good guy who is now dead just because he voted with him
Old 01-04-2007, 10:28 AM   #135
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I simply stated my affiliation with him when I did because with him dead, it shouldn't buy me any trust at all. I didn't put it out there with the expectation of buying trust, but more so I am wondering if it has anything to do with the PM I received last night.

A reveal like mine is one that doesn't hurt good guys any or help bad guys any to put out now at this point and it would probably seem or feel completely bogus if I put it out there if my neck was in a noose.

I'm not asking to buy trust from my reveal, and simply didn't see any reason to hide my information any longer since it didn't hurt or help anyone by revealing it. I would think a much bigger statement for my being good will be the lack of anyone coming out and saying I am bad today or the next two days.

Are you saying that because you think you were scanned last night? I'm not sure how not being called bad would mean you are good otherwise.

I agree that your reveal doesn't really help or hurt anyone. I'm just thinking that I might have kept it to myself since it didn't really help. I suppose though, that letting the bad guys know there might be more information out there than they realize could shake things up a bit.

You are just one of those people that always seem to be playing an angle, so I feel the need to try to identify it.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:29 AM   #136
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I can't help but think this is an attempt by AlanT to gain some trust by saying he was linked with a known good guy who is now dead just because he voted with him

I don't think you really read what I wrote today.

I said the exact opposite, that my voting for path had nothing to do with him or our role.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:30 AM   #137
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Do we really think it is wise to talk about the possibility of getting future abilities? Aren't you pretty much announcing that you are either a possible conversion target, or just a good person to get rid of?
Old 01-04-2007, 10:34 AM   #138
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Are you saying that because you think you were scanned last night? I'm not sure how not being called bad would mean you are good otherwise.

I agree that your reveal doesn't really help or hurt anyone. I'm just thinking that I might have kept it to myself since it didn't really help. I suppose though, that letting the bad guys know there might be more information out there than they realize could shake things up a bit.

You are just one of those people that always seem to be playing an angle, so I feel the need to try to identify it.

Well its more that I am interested in people's thoughts on what I presented.

Everyone is so caught up over the whole "What angle is Alan T playing" that no one is commenting on the thing that I am most looking for other's thoughts on.

I am someone with no special actions.

I was in a secret society with Spleen and knew he was good, and he knew i was good to start.

Spleen and I had no PM rights with each other.

The other person in my secret society last night got killed.

I got a PM that I was not expecting saying I had explecitily vivid dreams about PlayerX

I am really trying to figure out what I should assume about PlayerX now.

I don't have any ability to have initiated this dream, so I assume this dream was imposed on me by something someone else did.

My only thoughts are:

1) It was PlayerX scanning me for some reason (seer, anti-seer, etc)
2) It was PlayerX killing Spleen and it somehow causing me to dream about them for some unknown reason to me.
3) It is just white noise that I got for who knows what reason that St.Cronin threw out.

I don't really feel 3 is likely since I don't understand why I would have received it without -some- purpose.

So I am leaning to #1 and 2.. I would be interested in other people's thoughts.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:52 AM   #139
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
I was in a secret society with Spleen and knew he was good, and he knew i was good to start.

Spleen and I had no PM rights with each other.

I just looked back and the only association I saw between you and spleen was you guys talking about traffic and both voting for the same person (path).
Old 01-04-2007, 10:54 AM   #140
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I think I would treat the dream as neutral right now unless you got any details which would shift things in either direction. The world of dreams plays a pretty big role in the books, but it is a very neutral setting. The good guys and the bad guys have access to it, and depending on their skills, they can have great power there. I can really see that setting being used for good and bad.

Most people have to put themselves into the world of dreams (sort of like astral projection), but others touch the world of dreams through regular dreaming. It tends to be fleeting and treated like a normal dream.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:54 AM   #141
Lorena
Unregistered

dola,

I might have an idea on what you're saying Alan... I had a similar role before.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:16 AM   #142
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Alan,

What kind of information did your PM give you? Just the name of the person? Or did it include details of the dream?
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 11:19 AM   #143
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik View Post
Alan,

What kind of information did your PM give you? Just the name of the person? Or did it include details of the dream?

No details about the dreams. Just that I had really vivid dreams of the person.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:27 AM   #144
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
No details about the dreams. Just that I had really vivid dreams of the person.

I think you'll probably have to re-visit this dream in a few days when more information is out. You may have had the dream because this person visited you, or it may be that you got the random mini-glimpse for the night.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:29 AM   #145
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think you'll probably have to re-visit this dream in a few days when more information is out. You may have had the dream because this person visited you, or it may be that you got the random mini-glimpse for the night.

Well other than this dream, I have 0 knowledge of anyone else or what they are up to this game. Without much conversation other than the "Is Alan good or bad" which doesn't help me learn much about anyone, this dream PM is the only thing I have to go on.

Do you think I should trust this person more or less than neutral? If I assume its an indication of being scanned, and the person comes out at me in a tone of hinting that I might be bad , should I toss out the thought that person is a seer type and assume the worst of that person?
Old 01-04-2007, 11:32 AM   #146
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I don;t know if I like all this talk about the initial PMs.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 11:38 AM   #147
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Well other than this dream, I have 0 knowledge of anyone else or what they are up to this game. Without much conversation other than the "Is Alan good or bad" which doesn't help me learn much about anyone, this dream PM is the only thing I have to go on.

Do you think I should trust this person more or less than neutral? If I assume its an indication of being scanned, and the person comes out at me in a tone of hinting that I might be bad , should I toss out the thought that person is a seer type and assume the worst of that person?

With that series of events I would probably throw out the idea of that person being a seer, but I wouldn't necessarily assume the worst. That person may have been watching you to see if you were going to do something bad, or they may have just been watching over you. If the person is hinting that you might be bad (and you aren't), about all I'd assume is that the person doesn't have any special knowledge about you.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:58 AM   #148
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I don't think you really read what I wrote today.

I said the exact opposite, that my voting for path had nothing to do with him or our role.

Alan, all I am saying is you are assosiating yourself with Spleen who is now dead and there is really no way to confirm or deny what you are saying.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:14 PM   #149
spleen1015
Coordinator

Well, that's definitely a big bummer. Good luck to the Light!
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 01:12 PM   #150
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
I don;t know if I like all this talk about the initial PMs.
I agree with Brian that some people aside from Alan are being much too forthcoming with information that's liable to both a) put a target on their backs and b) deprive us of a useful player later in the game.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote