Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-04-2007, 01:16 PM   #151
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Alan, any particular reason why you're revealing this bit about you and spleen being part of a secret society right now? Obviously, he can't confirm it, and clearly, we have no indication that spleen actually was in the society.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 01:22 PM   #152
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
Alan, any particular reason why you're revealing this bit about you and spleen being part of a secret society right now? Obviously, he can't confirm it, and clearly, we have no indication that spleen actually was in the society.

I am not sure why people keep glossing over what I wrote, or ignoring it. THis was asked earlier too, and I responded to this question with this answer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I simply stated my affiliation with him when I did because with him dead, it shouldn't buy me any trust at all. I didn't put it out there with the expectation of buying trust, but more so I am wondering if it has anything to do with the PM I received last night.

A reveal like mine is one that doesn't hurt good guys any or help bad guys any to put out now at this point and it would probably seem or feel completely bogus if I put it out there if my neck was in a noose.

I'm not asking to buy trust from my reveal, and simply didn't see any reason to hide my information any longer since it didn't hurt or help anyone by revealing it. I would think a much bigger statement for my being good will be the lack of anyone coming out and saying I am bad today or the next two days.

Like I said, I didn't do it to buy any trust or anything. I'm just looking for other people's thoughts on what I received last night to give me other people's opinions.

Quote:
Well its more that I am interested in people's thoughts on what I presented.

Everyone is so caught up over the whole "What angle is Alan T playing" that no one is commenting on the thing that I am most looking for other's thoughts on.

I am someone with no special actions.

I was in a secret society with Spleen and knew he was good, and he knew i was good to start.

Spleen and I had no PM rights with each other.

The other person in my secret society last night got killed.

I got a PM that I was not expecting saying I had explecitily vivid dreams about PlayerX

I am really trying to figure out what I should assume about PlayerX now.

I don't have any ability to have initiated this dream, so I assume this dream was imposed on me by something someone else did.

My only thoughts are:

1) It was PlayerX scanning me for some reason (seer, anti-seer, etc)
2) It was PlayerX killing Spleen and it somehow causing me to dream about them for some unknown reason to me.
3) It is just white noise that I got for who knows what reason that St.Cronin threw out.

I don't really feel 3 is likely since I don't understand why I would have received it without -some- purpose.

So I am leaning to #1 and 2.. I would be interested in other people's thoughts.

So far, I don't hear anyone else talking about anything. Its pretty quiet, leaving things nice and easy for the wolves to hide in the shadows. The -only- information I have to work with right now is the dream PM I received last night, and I unfortunatly have no idea what it even means.

My other option is to randomly vote for someone on day 2, but I would rather look into what other people think.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 01:38 PM   #153
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Well, Alan, I would love to talk about your dream, but since the rest of us don't know who it was about, that makes it rather difficult. Note I'm not calling on you to name them if you aren't ready to do so.

For my part, I know I'm about to do something that will come across as wolfish, but I'm hoping it will generate some conversation.

VOTE RPI-Fan

He didn't vote yesterday and hasn't said anything other than checking in.
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 01:45 PM   #154
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik View Post
Well, Alan, I would love to talk about your dream, but since the rest of us don't know who it was about, that makes it rather difficult. Note I'm not calling on you to name them if you aren't ready to do so.

For my part, I know I'm about to do something that will come across as wolfish, but I'm hoping it will generate some conversation.

VOTE RPI-Fan

He didn't vote yesterday and hasn't said anything other than checking in.

Out of curiosity, how would naming the person help us right now? I gave all of the facts I know minus the name, so it shouldn't impact any on the actions or interpretation of those actions as best I know.

Singling out someone could either:

A) If they are bad - help us lynch a bad person
B) If they are not bad - help single out a key good person role for the bad guys to go after
C) If the dream is just white noise - Likely target for the bad guys still but not being anything but confusion for us.

I guess one of the things I am curious about is if anyone else got a dream, or was it just me. I have nothing in my role that indicates any special abilities so I still conclude it must have been something that someone else did that caused me to receive this.

The only fear i have is if I hold on to the name till tonight, and end up being killed tonight, the name and any significance it may or may not have will go to the grave with me. Perhaps that might or might not be a bad thing. I just do not know right now.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:49 PM   #155
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I am starting to lean towards RPI as well for lack of participation but what Alan is doing smells funny to me. I just don't understand what he has to gain.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 01:55 PM   #156
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I am starting to lean towards RPI as well for lack of participation but what Alan is doing smells funny to me. I just don't understand what he has to gain.

So you would rather everyone just stay quiet today and no one talk about anything and we all just jump in and toss out a vote?

I figured I had some information that doesn't put anyone at risk (other than perhaps myself), that could at least be a decent starter discussion until something bigger (if anything) came up today.

I guess everyone just prefers for everyone to stay quiet and not talk about anything.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:59 PM   #157
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Out of curiosity, how would naming the person help us right now?

If we had the name, we could study their posts and try to get a feel for if they are good or bad. But I do feel like the risks of outing a good player are too great for us to take that route. That's why I wasn't calling for you to do it. I was merely stating that it's hard to talk about something when we don't have anything to really talk about.

Since no one else has come forward to say that they had a dream about someone, I'm leaning towards the belief that you were scanned last night. Which makes sense, because I think that you would be one of the first players scanned by the seer.
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 02:03 PM   #158
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Alan, there are two bits of information that you've put out. The first is that you're in a secret society. The second is that you had a vivid dream last night. Are you inferring that there's a chance of a connection between them--that you dreamed vividly because your fellow secret society member was being killed?

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)

Last edited by Mr. Wednesday : 01-04-2007 at 02:04 PM. Reason: For some reason, this forum doesn't accept — character.
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 02:14 PM   #159
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Alas, the death of spleen also gives me little information I can use right now.

Just wondering if you can tell us what the "little information" is Chief since we seem to be in the dark.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 02:14 PM   #160
Lorena
Unregistered

dola,

VOTE LONESTARGIRL

She stated earlier that she'd be able to contribute some more but has yet to check-in yesterday. I get the feeling she might be waiting for someone.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:15 PM   #161
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
Just wondering if you can tell us what the "little information" is Chief since we seem to be in the dark.

nvm, i keep skimming through these and read it wrong, disregard.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:15 PM   #162
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
Alan, there are two bits of information that you've put out. The first is that you're in a secret society. The second is that you had a vivid dream last night. Are you inferring that there's a chance of a connection between them--that you dreamed vividly because your fellow secret society member was being killed?

Yes, that was one of the scenerios that ran through my mind that I tossed out earlier today. I was curious to other people's thoughts on what I should take from the dream, but for the most part its been met with overwhelming indifference.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:16 PM   #163
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
dola,

VOTE LONESTARGIRL

She stated earlier that she'd be able to contribute some more but has yet to check-in yesterday. I get the feeling she might be waiting for someone.

I feel like a retard, this should read "she has yet to check-in TODAY duffus.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:25 PM   #164
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Yes, that was one of the scenerios that ran through my mind that I tossed out earlier today. I was curious to other people's thoughts on what I should take from the dream, but for the most part its been met with overwhelming indifference.

And what was your dream again? All I remember is you had a vivid dream about someone, but that's it... nothing specific. Were they doing something or you just dreamt of him/her?
Old 01-04-2007, 02:27 PM   #165
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

VOTE RPI FAN

subject to change if he checks in.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:29 PM   #166
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
And what was your dream again? All I remember is you had a vivid dream about someone, but that's it... nothing specific. Were they doing something or you just dreamt of him/her?

Thats all I was told. I had extremely vivid dreams about PlayerX.

I have no clue what to make of it since I have no ability that allows me to dream about people.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:36 PM   #167
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I keep looking at the player list and I don't see anyone named PlayerX?
Old 01-04-2007, 02:38 PM   #168
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Old 01-04-2007, 02:42 PM   #169
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I keep looking at the player list and I don't see anyone named PlayerX?

Oh shoot... you mean this isn't Hoop's Xmen WW game? I kept trying to figure out who Dr. Xavier was!
Old 01-04-2007, 02:43 PM   #170
Schmidty
Coordinator

I haven't been very active so far, so this is almost hypocritical, but:

Vote RPI FAN
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 03:03 PM   #171
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I think RPIFan is a solid choice. Right now I have no others.

Vote RPIFan

-Abe

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 03:09 PM   #172
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Sorry I haven't logged on today yet guys, I have done a major cleaning of the house since GE's parents are coming over Saturday to see it for the first time. Yes, DC, Spleen and I have had a past, but we talked it out and agreed to put it past us and never to mention it again. I won't hold anything over his head, he wont hold anything over mind. I think he knows the only reason I voted for him yesterday was because he was the only one left without a vote on him (besides myself) Anyway, voting for me because I didn't log on today yet is not a very solid reason to vote DC. But I wont retaliate by voting back for you yet.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 03:12 PM   #173
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

And Alant you are being very sneaky, I dont know if i like this side of you. Especially if you have information that could help the villagers.
Old 01-04-2007, 03:18 PM   #174
Lorena
Unregistered

Well let's see Alan, you say you're part of a secret society. Since we don't know anything about your society, could it be that you (and possibly spleen if he were still alive) might have some sort of dormant powers and your lucid dream might actually be the person that killed him?

I dunno what else to think, but hopefully this won't be your last.
Old 01-04-2007, 03:23 PM   #175
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
And Alant you are being very sneaky, I dont know if i like this side of you. Especially if you have information that could help the villagers.

What information do I have that I haven't given out yet would be far more valuable to the villagers to give out than to keep in right now? I've been looking for the conversation all day, but 7 hours later, not many people have entertained the conversation.

Instead everyone is just going with the safe vote of RPI who hasn't checked in yet.

As things stand, I guess thats what I'll do too. Guessing he probably is a villager though, but I've always felt a villager who isn't participating is a better vote than accidentally hitting a participating villager.
Old 01-04-2007, 03:24 PM   #176
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Sorry I haven't logged on today yet guys, I have done a major cleaning of the house since GE's parents are coming over Saturday to see it for the first time.

Yeah, you don't want them to know how you REALLY live, right?
Old 01-04-2007, 03:26 PM   #177
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well let's see Alan, you say you're part of a secret society. Since we don't know anything about your society, could it be that you (and possibly spleen if he were still alive) might have some sort of dormant powers and your lucid dream might actually be the person that killed him?

I dunno what else to think, but hopefully this won't be your last.

You know all that I know the only information I know about the society is that I knew Spleen was also in it and thus started the game as good. I know what Spleen's role was because he and I both got the same PM addressed to both of us. Thats why I could easily say he wasn't any important role that we lost, it was the same role as me.

The person I dreamt about could have been spleen's killer, that was one of the possibilities I listed... however I am guessing strongly that I won't be receiving any more dreams. I figure I dreamt this because either: 1) It was a part of being scanned by someone last night. 2) It was because of Spleen's death. I highly doubt I'll be rescanned by the same person, and we know Spleen can't die again. If I do get more dreams, I'll likely just guess its white noise and there wasn't much to them.
Old 01-04-2007, 03:27 PM   #178
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

My work day is over, I'm heading home but I won't be able to get on much tonight. We're celebrating my mother's 59th birthday before she heads back to Georgia tommorrow. I'll try to pop in when i can, and will pop in to figure out who to vote for at some point too.
Old 01-04-2007, 03:28 PM   #179
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Well actually DC, they dont know I even live here... so I have a lot of work to do
Old 01-04-2007, 03:34 PM   #180
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

so any guesses how many baddies we started with?

MY guess is 2 with a conversion possibility.
Old 01-04-2007, 03:41 PM   #181
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
so any guesses how many baddies we started with?

MY guess is 2 with a conversion possibility.

Either that or 3 without a conversion... what's the usual ratio?

----------------------------------------------------

Out for several hours. Will be back before deadline.
Old 01-04-2007, 03:56 PM   #182
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
I figure I dreamt this because either: 1) It was a part of being scanned by someone last night. 2) It was because of Spleen's death. I highly doubt I'll be rescanned by the same person, and we know Spleen can't die again. If I do get more dreams, I'll likely just guess its white noise and there wasn't much to them.

If the dream was the seer scanning you, then there's a possiblity whomever gets scanned tonight might dream of the person as well.
Old 01-04-2007, 03:58 PM   #183
Lorena
Unregistered

dola,

like someone mentioned earlier, you are probably a good target for a night 1 scan, so that's a strong possiblity.

And with that, i'm really out
Old 01-04-2007, 04:00 PM   #184
st.cronin
General Manager

vote count right now:

5 - RPI-Fan - Chief Rum, Jonathan Ezarik, Lathum, Schmidty, Anxiety
1 - LoneStarGirl - Dodgerchick

Let me know if I have made a mistake.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 04:01 PM   #185
Blade6119
Coordinator

VOTE DODGERCHICK

Why? Because i can...

No really, i dont like the rpi vote(quiet or not) because a bandwagon will tell us nothing. I dont have a better suspect though, so ill stick to my day one vote. I tend to trust alan's story, but wont go as far as to say i trust him.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 04:02 PM   #186
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

right around there.

here is why Alan's play concerns me.

Not counting St. Cronin we started with 16 players

2 on the side of light are dead leaving us at 14.

if there are 3 bad guys that is an 11-3 ratio.

IMO Alan's actions are at the very least going to cause the bodyguard to protect him tonight. Now if AlanT is bad this gives the baddies a free kill with no fear of resistance.

Operating under the assumption RPI is getting lynched tonight and is good that leaves us at a 10-3 ratio. A free kill tonight and it is a 9-3 ratio,

I know it's alot of variables, but Alan wanted discussion so here it is.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:05 PM   #187
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
If the dream was the seer scanning you, then there's a possiblity whomever gets scanned tonight might dream of the person as well.

I would be shocked if this was the case
Old 01-04-2007, 04:12 PM   #188
Lorena
Unregistered

I'm starting to take some of this stuff personal
Old 01-04-2007, 04:15 PM   #189
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I'm starting to take some of this stuff personal

what stuff?
Old 01-04-2007, 04:22 PM   #190
Blade6119
Coordinator

Please dont say you mean me voting for ya twice DC...you know im joking
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 04:35 PM   #191
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I do like the vote out the quiet players part because I think it brings both short term benefits, in this game as we give people rope to hang themselves, and long term benefits, as people know that the UTR strategy just won't fly. Therefore I am happy to be the sixth vote on RPI.

Vote RPI-Fan

Despite this let me say to RPI that I've enjoyed playing with you in the past and hope you play again soon.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 04:44 PM   #192
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I agree that Alan's play might be a bit odd, but I don't see enough from him to be worth a vote. I also would love to know who he dreamed about, but I can't see knowing that really help us. Since he didn't get any details (like seeing him kill Spleen), I would figure the person in the dream is probably an important good role. Better to keep that quiet until more is known.

I don't have a great feel on anyone being bad, but I can see logic in voting for someone not participating.

Vote RPI-Fan
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 06:07 PM   #193
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Dodger, what are you taking personal? This is two games in a row you voted for me without a real reason.... but I still like you
Old 01-04-2007, 06:12 PM   #194
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I really dont want to vote for RPI Fan because I haven't played with him and I was really looking forward to it, and a pile on sucks for everybody. I was hoping somebody would make a mistake but it looks like everybody is watching their step.

Vote Rpi Fan
Old 01-04-2007, 06:40 PM   #195
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Looks like the vote is pretty decided now. By my count its 8-1-1 currently. I don't have any problems with voting for RPI, I feel its best to vote out someone who isn't around if you don't have any good thoughts of other people.

Since the vote is pretty sure, I'll put my vote elsewhere as a statement vote. I don't think anyone came up with any great ideas on how I can get a better feel for what my dream means. So I guess for now I won't act on it and see what develops tonight, if anything. I highly doubt I'll have another dream, but will be interested to see if someone else does.

So going elsewhere, I'll do this:

Vote BrianD

Can't really put my finger on it, just something about how he has been pressing or dropping certain comments. It might be nothing, but just as a statement vote, I'll vote for him today. Call it a throw away if you want, but today's vote is pretty locked up and we won't learn much from it anyways.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:52 PM   #196
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Sorry for not being involved yet, guys... had a nice little 13-hour day yesterday and 11-hr day today.

I will be around tonight and should not have to work too late tomorrow.

Anyways, I have caught up on the thread. Disappointed to see so many votes against me.

I don't have much to say in my defense. I wasn't particularly worked up about not voting yesterday because it is so random. All I can say is that I am unequivocably certain you guys will be making a bad choice if you vote me off. I wish I could make another suggestion who to vote for. I don't think Alan T would pull a fake non-normal role reveal this early in the game.

I will therefore lean with Alan T for now, pending new information.

VOTE BRIAND

(again, regardless of the outcome of today's vote, I apologize for my lack of participation in the game as I know that that makes things worse for everyone).
Old 01-04-2007, 06:53 PM   #197
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Haven't you voted for me in the last few games for pretty much the same reason?
Old 01-04-2007, 06:54 PM   #198
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

dola, speaking to Alan on that one.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:58 PM   #199
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Unvote RPIFan

Since he came back. Only other person who's tweaking me a little is AlanT. Yesterday's move by him was fine, and I don;t mind it. But today, he's been a little defensive. THis vote won;t mean anything at this late hour, but I'd perfer to hop of RPI since he posted and I don't want to not vote at all.

Vote AlanT

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 06:58 PM   #200
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

ugh RPI, 8 minutes just doesn't leave you enough time..