Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-30-2006, 10:09 PM   #2151
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts View Post
Yes. If there are two, it is spleen/Brian.

I don't see how that makes sense. If I was a zombie, I wouldn't have put pressure on Spleen today. He sort-of got himself trusted with the fight yesterday, but I pointed out that we shouldn't let him off the hook that easily.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 10:10 PM   #2152
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Could potentially be Spleen/DC, but I don't see any way for a DC/Brian pairing.
Maybe I'm dense, but I don't follow the reasoning on this.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 10:10 PM   #2153
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
Yes. Otherwise, it would be a dead giveaway if they were all of a sudden not allowed to PM other Umbrella members.

Now that I am dead, can I have PM rights with the zombies too?
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 10:12 PM   #2154
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Yes. Otherwise, it would be a dead giveaway if they were all of a sudden not allowed to PM other Umbrella members.

Wow, I'd be confused big time receiving PM's from two different groups.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 10:12 PM   #2155
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, this is important for tomorrow. The list that Fouts published is absolutely, positively, clean.

Night 1 - LSG. I guarded her Night 3, she was not converted.
Night 2 - SnDvls is Umbrella
Night 3 - Me. Seer scan is after Zombie attack, per moderator
Night 4 - MrW. No conversions left after we killed Glen in Day 4 lynch

That gives STARS a clear block of four people - Fouts, LSG, MrW, and me. If one of us is killed, we need to make sure that the other factions do not somehow use FUD to disrupt the 100% belief in the remaining three.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 10:12 PM   #2156
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:

Okay.

I firmly believe that Chief is the convert now.

I am going to enjoy another full day in everyone's crosshairs tomorrow, unless the zombies get me. That's unlikely though. I'm still a huge suspect so getting rid of me makes no sense.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 10:14 PM   #2157
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Okay.

I firmly believe that Chief is the convert now.
Care to elaborate on your reasoning?

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 10-30-2006, 10:14 PM   #2158
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
OK, this is important for tomorrow. The list that Fouts published is absolutely, positively, clean.

Night 1 - LSG. I guarded her Night 3, she was not converted.
Night 2 - SnDvls is Umbrella
Night 3 - Me. Seer scan is after Zombie attack, per moderator
Night 4 - MrW. No conversions left after we killed Glen in Day 4 lynch

That gives STARS a clear block of four people - Fouts, LSG, MrW, and me. If one of us is killed, we need to make sure that the other factions do not somehow use FUD to disrupt the 100% belief in the remaining three.

I am with you guys. I will vote however you guys want me to. We are 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-30-2006, 10:16 PM   #2159
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
Maybe I'm dense, but I don't follow the reasoning on this.

DC/Brian would not happen because a Zombie Brian would not have moved his vote from non-Zombie Spleen to Zombie Glen at the deadline yesterday.

Spleen/DC would suggest that Brian trusted my move enough to follow without any clear way to discern between the two candidates (Spleen/Glen). I think this is pretty remote as well, but the above combination I consider a 0% likelihood.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:16 PM   #2160
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Now that I am dead, can I have PM rights with the zombies too?

I'm sure glen and path would love to talk to you
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 10:16 PM   #2161
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Care to elaborate on your reasoning?

I already suspected that he was the convert because of the way he voted yesterday. Knowing that he can converse with both groups makes it that much easier for him to get away with it.

He knows which side everyone in the game is on. He tried to turn my faction against me because I'm on to him.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:19 PM   #2162
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
I already suspected that he was the convert because of the way he voted yesterday. Knowing that he can converse with both groups makes it that much easier for him to get away with it.

He knows which side everyone in the game is on. He tried to turn my faction against me because I'm on to him.

I think its a reach. Why would a converted Chief Rum attempt to save SnDvls?
Old 10-30-2006, 10:20 PM   #2163
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I'm sure glen and path would love to talk to you

I wanted to infect him, but I kept thinking that somebody was going to lynch him.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 10:20 PM   #2164
hoopsguy
General Manager

Note to Zombies - I will not protect Chief Rum tonight. Bon appetit.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:23 PM   #2165
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
I think its a reach. Why would a converted Chief Rum attempt to save SnDvls?

It was more about getting rid of me than it was saving SnDvls.

If there are 5 STARS, then getting rid of one of them helps him win the game. Like I said, he is the convert. So, he knows the faction of every player left in the game. He admitted to looking at the numbers. He knows he has to get rid of STARS to win the game.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:23 PM   #2166
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:

Is it possible to eat your own brain?
Old 10-30-2006, 10:23 PM   #2167
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

spleen is trying to divert attention from himself and his four straight STARS votes. Tonight was the first time he voted for someone not on STARS--and he switched late after I revealed he is a zombie.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 10:25 PM   #2168
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

lol...they ain't that stupid to go after me tonight. Tomorrow night perhaps.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:28 PM   #2169
hoopsguy
General Manager

Figured it would be good to provide them with options ...

I'll take it a step further. I won't be guarding Dodgerchick either. How do I work in a "tastes like chicken" joke without being offensive?
Old 10-30-2006, 10:29 PM   #2170
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
spleen is trying to divert attention from himself and his four straight STARS votes. Tonight was the first time he voted for someone not on STARS--and he switched late after I revealed he is a zombie.

Your ploy didn't work.

Guys, there are 5 STARS. We should have lynched Dodgerchick. This would have made it 2 Umbrella and 1 zombie left. One zombie kill tonight getting rid of STARS and we still have 4-3 numbers. We keep getting rid of folks until there aren't anymore to get rid of.

We're in a pickles now with 2 zombies left. We're up 5-1-2, STARS-Umbrella-Zombie. Zombies gets 2 kills tonight if successful. That makes it 3-1-2 most likely.

Mr. W. You have to kill Dodgerchick tonight. Hoops, you have to protect him. Even if we lose 2 tonight and Dodgerchick gets it, then we still have 3-1-1 and we vote to lynch Chief Rum tomorrow. BOOOOOOOOOM! We win the freaking game.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:29 PM   #2171
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It was more about getting rid of me than it was saving SnDvls.

If there are 5 STARS, then getting rid of one of them helps him win the game. Like I said, he is the convert. So, he knows the faction of every player left in the game. He admitted to looking at the numbers. He knows he has to get rid of STARS to win the game.

I fully admit crunching the numbers. I felt that losing SnDvls would hurt us (Umbrella), of course, and that in general it would lead to a zombie victory, since I was convinced a STARS would then die tonight.

Here's how it looks to me. They get a guaranteed kill tonight, because they will probably pair up. They can't afford to get by tonight without a kill, I think.

If we fail to get a zombie with tomorrow's lynch, that means we kill another STARS or Umbrella, leaving us with the possibility they could go solo tomorrow night and actually win the game with a good dice roll.

Old 10-30-2006, 10:32 PM   #2172
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Your ploy didn't work.

Guys, there are 5 STARS. We should have lynched Dodgerchick. This would have made it 2 Umbrella and 1 zombie left. One zombie kill tonight getting rid of STARS and we still have 4-3 numbers. We keep getting rid of folks until there aren't anymore to get rid of.

We're in a pickles now with 2 zombies left. We're up 5-1-2, STARS-Umbrella-Zombie. Zombies gets 2 kills tonight if successful. That makes it 3-1-2 most likely.

Mr. W. You have to kill Dodgerchick tonight. Hoops, you have to protect him. Even if we lose 2 tonight and Dodgerchick gets it, then we still have 3-1-1 and we vote to lynch Chief Rum tomorrow. BOOOOOOOOOM! We win the freaking game.

Nice, give STARS their gameplan, so you can go after hoops or Fouts. I'm sure they will leap on that!

Old 10-30-2006, 10:34 PM   #2173
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Nice, give STARS their gameplan, so you can go after hoops or Fouts. I'm sure they will leap on that!

If they want to win then game, they will listen to me.

You guys have to see what he's trying to do here.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:38 PM   #2174
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
lol...they ain't that stupid to go after me tonight. Tomorrow night perhaps.

You know who the 2 zombies are. Good reason to off you.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:39 PM   #2175
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Spleen, if you are STARS then you should post your strategy. It is entirely possible that we will make a mistake today. Both Umbrella and the Zombies will be trying to make sure that we do make a mistake to enhance their chances of winning.

So, if you have some strategic thoughts that you think we should know, I would encourage you to post them before your game ends.

As far as having a role that doesn't get information, it does leave you in a position of only being able to evaluate posts rather than having your own private stash of information that allows you to make better reads. But that does not mean that you have to go along with the opinion of others. In fact, I think having a plain villager role is a blast in these games because the level of risk is lower. You are not worried about burning a special role. If you go down instead of a special role, it is not as big a loss for the team. I take those games as an invitation to be even more aggressive with my analysis, rather than more passive. OK, time to step off the soapbox ...

hoops, I have done this today. I think the only thing I was wrong about earlier with my groupings is having Fouts as Umbrella. He posted something in response to Alan yesterday that made me think he was Umbrella. Now I can't find the post.

Anyway, I have analyzed the hell out of our situation right now. I know I am right, especially with Chief Rum coming after me like he has tonight. I need you guys to trust me.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:39 PM   #2176
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You know who the 2 zombies are. Good reason to off you.

The other remaining Umbrella member knows as well. Killing me won't kill that revelation.

Old 10-30-2006, 10:41 PM   #2177
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
hoops, I have done this today. I think the only thing I was wrong about earlier with my groupings is having Fouts as Umbrella. He posted something in response to Alan yesterday that made me think he was Umbrella. Now I can't find the post.

Anyway, I have analyzed the hell out of our situation right now. I know I am right, especially with Chief Rum coming after me like he has tonight. I need you guys to trust me.

Sheesh, is this the beg and plead act again? Please. I still can't believe ti worked last night. Of course, you were both zombies, so good job playing it up. Everyone is then that much more "certain" you are clear.

Too bad I scanned you.

Old 10-30-2006, 10:42 PM   #2178
hoopsguy
General Manager

Spleen, now that you have made it to the night cycle there is a chance that Fouts scans you and validates your allegiance.

Or he scans someone else, and we react to that data to make assumptions about you. Either way, congrats on making it another day and keeping your WW streak intact.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:42 PM   #2179
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Too bad I scanned you.

You're a lying sack of potatoes!
Old 10-30-2006, 10:44 PM   #2180
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Spleen, now that you have made it to the night cycle there is a chance that Fouts scans you and validates your allegiance.

Or he scans someone else, and we react to that data to make assumptions about you. Either way, congrats on making it another day and keeping your WW streak intact.

I hope he considers doing that. It would end this charade.

Old 10-30-2006, 10:44 PM   #2181
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:

I think Fouts is going to be one of the zombie targets tonight. He can scan Chief Rum and find out that I am telling the truth. So, they will go after him. If by some chance he doesn't die tonight, I think he should scan Chief Rum instead. That will give us better information.

I know this. The zombies won't kill me tonight because that will prove I am STARS.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:52 PM   #2182
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
I know this. The zombies won't kill me tonight because that will prove I am STARS.
Well, that's handy. If you're STARS, they won't kill you because it'll prove it, and if you're a zombie, obviously you'll still be around tomorrow.

Old 10-30-2006, 10:53 PM   #2183
spleen1015
Coordinator

Good night, guys.

I won't be around as much tomorrow. I have a consultant coming in to work with me tomorrow, so I can't be online working with the guy.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:54 PM   #2184
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Well, that's handy. If you're STARS, they won't kill you because it'll prove it, and if you're a zombie, obviously you'll still be around tomorrow.

They have me right where they want me and all the more reason for Zombie Chief Rum to play me as zombie,.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:55 PM   #2185
hoopsguy
General Manager

I've got my "every 2nd Tuesday" meeting tomorrow, which means my access in the morning will be pretty much non-existant. Should be around consistently by mid-afternoon, if the meeting shakes out like most of the others.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:01 PM   #2186
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

hoops, Fouts, any late thoughts?

Anybody worth taking a shot at, or is it better to sit tight and hope they don't come for me tonight?

Old 10-30-2006, 11:01 PM   #2187
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Normally, I would be out all day tomorrow working both jobs. But I think tomorrow's lynch will be important enough for me to find Internet access somewhere tomorrow on my lunch break. So expect me to check in and out. Which is unfortunate, but there's not much I can do about that (I even leave before night actions are posted).

Old 10-30-2006, 11:17 PM   #2188
hoopsguy
General Manager

MrW, the list of possible zombies is pretty small but without assurances that there are two of them left (do you 100% trust what Rum said today?) I do not know if it is worth taking the shot tonight.

I'm hoping we have a decent amount of control over the game right now. If there is only one Zombie left then they are going to have a very tough time of breaching our CoT. If there are two left then they have interesting risk/reward challenges with their action.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:36 PM   #2189
Lorena
Unregistered

All caught up... that was an intriguing turn of events in the past few hours. It's been an interesting game for sure, I'm curious to see what tomorrow brings.

Gnite all.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 01:08 AM   #2190
Fouts
College Starter

I don't see how Chief Rum can be a zombie. Spleen is acting all kinds of weird. I just don't see a regular villager working this hard to save his hide. Why is it so important to keep a regular villager around?
Old 10-31-2006, 06:01 AM   #2191
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
I don't see how Chief Rum can be a zombie. Spleen is acting all kinds of weird. I just don't see a regular villager working this hard to save his hide. Why is it so important to keep a regular villager around?

This is the first time I have ever been on the defensive. I've never had to be. I'm trying so hard because I know I am right and I don't want you guys to fall for it.

Why shouldn't I try to do everything I can to save myself? It shouldn't matter what role I am. I'm another STARS member so with me alive, you stand a greater chance to win the game.

I'm telling you guys right now, Chief Rum is the convert and Dodgerchick is the other original zombie. Follow Chief Rum's lead and STARS will not win this game.
Old 10-31-2006, 07:51 AM   #2192
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
This is the first time I have ever been on the defensive. I've never had to be. I'm trying so hard because I know I am right and I don't want you guys to fall for it.

Why shouldn't I try to do everything I can to save myself? It shouldn't matter what role I am. I'm another STARS member so with me alive, you stand a greater chance to win the game.

I'm telling you guys right now, Chief Rum is the convert and Dodgerchick is the other original zombie. Follow Chief Rum's lead and STARS will not win this game.

Insert broken record and hit 'Play'.

Why don't you just quote your previous posts rather than re-typing the same thing ad nauseum?

If you really think responding to every post that crosses your viewpoint with the same bull, you do a disservice to the players left in the game, because you're figuring they're dumb enough to fall for the "if I hear it enough it must be true" strategy.

Do you have any evidence that you are STARS? If I were them, I would be looking at your voting record--which is just awful if you are who you claim to be. The one vote you got "right" from the STARS perspective you didn't even go to until late yesterday, well after the STARS had already focused their votes and after I had revealed.

Well, what's done is done. I am sure night actions will reveal some things.

I am out until later today.

Old 10-31-2006, 07:54 AM   #2193
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Oh, and one last thing. No, it isn't the first time. You pulled this same desperate crap when it was you and Glengoyne.

Old 10-31-2006, 08:00 AM   #2194
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Oh, and one last thing. No, it isn't the first time. You pulled this same desperate crap when it was you and Glengoyne.

Both situations I am considering this 'time'. This game is the first time I've ever been on the lynching block.

Continue to muddy the water, Chief. The good news for you is they are going to listen to you and you'll likely win the game. You picked the right time to become vocal.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:05 AM   #2195
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Raccoon City is on edge as their numbers are quickly dwindling and it seems that there's still zombies on the loose. Everyone meets int he town square to see what happened last night. As they do a quick headcount they realize that lonestargirl is missing!

Everyone runs off to lonestargirl's house to find her dead with her brains eaten in front of the tv. It appears that she was watching a Houston Texans game, maybe the zombies did her a favor?

Day Six Ends Tues 11pm EST
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 08:14 AM   #2196
spleen1015
Coordinator

STARS, we still have a chance to win the game! There are 4 of us left, 1 Umbrella and 2 zombie. We need to lynch Dodgerchick today and snipe Chief Rum tonight.

VOTE Dodgerchick

I'm not going to give up. If continually stating my case means I am a zombie, then lynch me for it. Chief coming after like he has is proof positive that I am right.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:22 AM   #2197
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'll wait to see what Fouts brings to the table today with his view.

I obviously did not guard LSG, and I'm pretty surprised at the kill. Yes she was trusted but she was less of a threat than other roles out there in my opinion.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:24 AM   #2198
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It appears that she was watching a Houston Texans game, maybe the zombies did her a favor?

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 08:24 AM   #2199
spleen1015
Coordinator

I really hope Fouts chose to view Chief Rum to prove that I am right. If he viewed me, then at least he will clear me.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:02 AM   #2200
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

It's Halloween Go zombies!!!
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote